Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 14, 2022 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
About time Sylvia makes a proper appearance in the show, aka Handler. Anya got taken again by strangers but it's cool to see Yor coming for the save like a complete a badass.

Good to see some other new faces being introduced from Anya's school including Damian and Becky. I love Anya and Damian's interactions already, especially with Anya's smirk face. Comedy gold material.

Jun 2019
Another great episode. Today, Loid was on his mission and he had no time so, Anya had to go with mum Yoru. And, as expected, Yoru is very protective of her cuz she wants to fill the role of a mother in Anya's life. Little Anya in her cute school dress. :3 Glad that Yoru didn't kill them. And, now Anya's going to learn self-defense from Mumma Yoru.

We also got to meet Damian and Becky in this episode. Becky is voiced by Emiri Kato who voiced Saikawa in Dragon maid and is a perfect choice for Becky. Loved it. And, the iconic Anya faces were perfect as well. LOL. And that punch was beautiful. Really enjoyed this episode as well.

May 2020
Loid really receives those secret instructions in some of the wildest ways possible lol. Though now with Anya passing the entrance examination, time to move on to the second stage of operation Strix, and I can already see it being much more engaging than everything we got till now.

Anya again made an impression though, with that spectacular smug. Got herself a friend too, but again did something not-so-helpful to the mission.

Jul 2021
Anya got her school uniform measured by the lady. Lady is speaking the truth about the reality of going to a prestigious private school when first hand going to a rural school: that is discrimination and self-worth shenanigans, well it’s going to be tough for Anya along with the head with her barely passing grade and from outlook, she doesn’t wanna go to Eden :(

Handler made a little bit of an appearance and she’s complaining about Loid renting a whole castle LOL.

Also one of the latest times in anime where they’re enrolling their child in a school having “Year 13” which exists in many countries: England, New Zealand, etc, it could mean either a final year for compulsory education or alternatively a year of post-compulsory education. There are a few implications to a so-called “IB curriculum” (or well can imply to any curriculums out there) in this episode like earning merit points, awards if you get the highest grade, social skills, and activities, etc. Pretty interesting stuff said here, to say the least lol.

Mama Yor wants to work on becoming a better mother! Gangbare Yor! Anyways ouch Anya almost got kidnapped by a group of gangsters but Mama Yor kicked them <3 Damn the groceries are splattered everywhere and in the end, Mama training with Anya was so adorable, definitely for the sake of self-defense.

Loid definitely wants Anya to get along with Damian because this Desmond dude makes direct contact as his main target. Becky and Anya will definitely get along with each other because they truly have the BESTIE POWER!!!

Anya “Heh”

CQLLISTMay 14, 2022 7:33 AM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Feb 2018
What an amazing surprise for today, I thought Anya was 100 cm, turned out to be only 99.5 cm, lol. So, does the tailor want to say that parental inequality affects children at school? It seems that it causes discrimination and bullying among children. Ma, Anya still wanted to go to school and was looking forward to the new uniform.

The recommended pork stir fry of the day with pork porcini sauce and fries. Is the sauce in the form of a password, and for some reason this photo machine is really cool with an elevator in it, lol....As expected of a spy anime. The photo machine is an elevator, a doorway to a secret base, a true work of espionage.

Uwooo shiruvi, she's so sexy really likee Megane... Shiruvi and Lloyd's discussion was about Anya. Anya-chan has to get 8 Stella's and become an Imperial Scholar while avoiding Tonito. It's a good setup to make school life more exciting...

Uwoooo Anya school uniform? Okay I've been waiting for 6 weeks for Anya. Yor is strong enough to fight the kidnapper who held Anya hostage.

The school's opening ceremony has started, there are 228 students who pass the selection and enter the academy, Anya is one of them. Okay operation starto

Target Donovan Desmond's second son, Damian. The plan are :
1. Become friends in the same class
2. Invited to play at home with parents
3. Direct contact with the target.
What an simple Strategy

Okay the last are Anya school life, this seem boring so yeah, skippp

May 14, 2022 7:33 AM

Jun 2014
Loved seeing angry Yor come out when those thugs tried kidnapping Anya. need her to punch me like that tbh.

Now that Anya is starting school, we finally get to see classmates like Becky and Damian. Anya's troll face and THE PUNCH 💀💀💀 poor Loid, this mission is gonna give him a heart attack.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 14, 2022 7:39 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yes, I've been waiting for that smirky smile to be adapted. It's so spot-on! And that "Mama usotsuki" remark, xD.

Anya's making an absolute mess of the "mission" already. All that training came into handy right from the get-go in the wrong places. At least she managed to cover it up somewhat to lighten the punishment, credits to her for listening carefully before.

Yor-san striving to be a good mother is lovely to see, and that declaration to clear up the misunderstanding was admirable!
_MushiRock11_May 14, 2022 7:43 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 14, 2022 7:42 AM
Oct 2015
Yuuko Kaida has one of the sexiest Japanese voices ever. Glad they cast her as Handler.
May 14, 2022 8:16 AM
Dec 2020
Atargatis said:
Yuuko Kaida has one of the sexiest Japanese voices ever. Glad they cast her as Handler.

No doubt, she is voiced by same VA who voiced isabelle from tpn and tsukuyo of gintama
May 14, 2022 8:20 AM

May 2021
Just look at Yor already beginning train Anya. She's already started using it at school even.

Indeed, Yor best mom.

Anya has already begun earning Tonitrus bolts in the first day itself. Truly elegant, if I say so myself.
RioFSMay 14, 2022 9:08 AM

May 14, 2022 8:27 AM

Apr 2019
ffs, cute bgt ajgg. And ofc, Anya's punch and heh smirk 👊😎
Overall, what a great episode!
Fulgur_FIQRIMay 14, 2022 8:33 AM
May 14, 2022 8:27 AM

Oct 2017
Anya got the perfect start for her school. Badass Yor was lovely thou.
May 14, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2021
Anya's smirk is gonna be another great meme lol
May 14, 2022 8:28 AM
Sep 2021
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome, Anya's heh face!
May 14, 2022 8:29 AM

Apr 2014
Minus one point on the first hour LMAO...

HEH!
何それ?意味分かんない

Feb 2020
Heh. She did the thing lol. Great to see damian and becky finally
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 2020
Great episode, love Anya punch and "Heh".
May 14, 2022 8:30 AM

Apr 2021
Heh :)
After seeing that punch, all I can say is that Yor trained Anya really well in such a short time. So much for Loid's buddy plan. This was again a good episode!!

Jul 2015
Great episode once again.Handler makes her appearance and i really liked her portrayal in this episode.

Yor trains Anya in self defence.She is pretty cute as a mother.Anya makes friendship with Becky but hits Damian, Donovan's second son.

Onto the next week.

Jul 2012
These little kids are funny. I'm dying from Anya's facial expressions lol. They are the best.
May 14, 2022 8:31 AM

Sep 2016
Mama lies
smiling doesn't help at all lol
5/5
May 14, 2022 8:32 AM
Oct 2019
Another ELEGANTOO EPISODE!!

Anya "heh" face Meme gonna be everywhere from now on.

Anya Punching that Shitty Kid Damian was Very ELEGANTOOO!!!
May 14, 2022 8:33 AM
Sep 2015
I'm wondering if Eden school is based on Eton school, but I never attend boarding school so I kinda assume everything's gonna be like Hogwarts minus magic LOL.

Anya's mindreading ability is useless against kidnappers, how?
May 14, 2022 8:34 AM
May 2021
This episode there was a nice mother and daughter chemistry between Anya and Yor. She even trained Anya how to do finisher punch.And yes, Anya's punch was so good and finally the Anya's "heh" is adapted and It's really fun to see everytime Anya ruin Loid plan lol
May 14, 2022 8:37 AM

Jan 2022
Anya's punch is so elegant, I really like it
“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”

— Wayne Dyer
May 14, 2022 8:42 AM

Jul 2016
Sylvia finally got her proper intro. She really looks like a mother scolding her son for making lots of expenses. (*^U^)人(≧V≦*)/ Can't wait for more of her scenes later.

They nailed it, the Heh expression and the punch scene ヾ(@⌒▽⌒@)ノ

Yor teaching Anya self defense gone wrong xD

A tonitrus bolt on the first day. Their picture take, lmao. (〃^∇^)ノ

May 14, 2022 8:43 AM

Apr 2020
Yo I haven't even watched this episode, and I can't escape Anya's notorious smile in the YT thumbnails.
May 14, 2022 8:43 AM

Jul 2021
the whole episode was just ELEGANTOOO

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
May 14, 2022 8:44 AM
Apr 2021
Damn i love syliva , yor fighting and anya punch !!!!!
May 14, 2022 8:47 AM

Mar 2021
Yor was so awesome rescuing Anya from that gang and Anya's smug face and punch was just perfect
May 14, 2022 8:52 AM

Jul 2011
Handler beautiful as always.

Show, don't just tell about kidnapping.

For the most Becky having a sharp tongue, she is a cool kid. First powerful Anya's friend.

Anya know the street rules, be attentive for authority in the vicinity.
Anya is fairly strong to send someone taller than her flying. Truly elegant.
May 14, 2022 8:56 AM

Jul 2017
AHH the blessed meme that is Anya's smirk, now adapted into anime in its full-on comedic glamour.

Getting Anya all dressed up for school at the prestigious Eden College, it's not surprising to hear of nobility and discrimination against commoners. But Operation Strix is still ongoing in hidden sight, and Loid's got a new mission briefing, leaving Yor to settle Anya into school.

And this is where Sylvia Sherwood a.k.a Handler makes her debut to brief Loid on Operation Strix's 2nd Phase: Eden College and its workings, from normal school to the honorable Imperial Scholars for students with elite merits: "Stella" or on the opposite end "Tonitrus Bolts", any 8 of these would promote or expel the student respectively.

As for Yor, being a pretend family shouldn't garner feelings, but for Anya it felt like a need, and it caught within the eyes of some gangsters looking for a kidnapping. But not to worry, Yor is here to the rescue, and she exerts some hell of a mother figure, DAMN MOM, Yor is Best Mom.

The entrance ceremony where Anya would be enrolled into the Cecile Hall with Desmond's older son Damian, this is the Friendship Scheme that's fulled with classmates of high-standing figures with Mr. Elegant Henderson as the homeroom teacher. Even when Anya's beaten down, her classic smug smirk makes all the difference for her cockiness to embarrass Damian, but what a punch tho that's learned from Yor.

Hitting a setback with Anya earning 1 Tonitrus Bolt, Loid's plan is slowly crumbling...there's more troubles to come.
May 14, 2022 8:59 AM

Nov 2019
Those guys pick the wrong daughter to kidnap (or at least attempt to). Yor just bare hand pierce trough that watermelon. That was impressive and scary at the same time.

May 14, 2022 9:00 AM

Dec 2014
Loved the Yor and Anya scenes, really like how she genuinely wants to be a mother to Anya.

Anya certainly had quite the colorful start to her school career, potentially sabotaging both of Loid’s plans in a matter of minutes but she did the right thing. xD

Loid’s gonna have to work extra hard if he wants this mission to even have a remote chance of succeeding.

That smug Anya face and calling Yor a liar was just pure gold.
May 14, 2022 9:04 AM

Jan 2021
Really good episode this week with a new charatcer being introduced as Loid's Handler, she's a funny character so far and it looks like Anya's on the case and the punch she gave Damian was hilarious, Mama's girl she is most definitely lmao can't wait for next week to come already honestly.
May 14, 2022 9:04 AM

Apr 2020
Amazing episode! From Yor saving anya to the appearance of Damian was all very fun
especially smug face anya which all fans were waiting for

May 14, 2022 9:06 AM
Sep 2018
All I can say is that Anya’s Smirk Face really relate to me in a strong way because of my schools past.
Never expected that from Anya to give a FINISHER PUNCH this early to use it on this Episode. Loid’s Plan is falling apart before it started 😂.
And still it was an E L E G A N T O P U N C H from Anya.
She got that same position as Miyata’s Counter-Punch (Hajime no Ippo). I was really impressed by that firm position from her.
Yor must be proud.
May 14, 2022 9:11 AM

Nov 2011
Episode was pure gold! great Yor development. Hayami really did her angry scene justice. Fantastic scene. I got chills when she screamed "I am that Girls mother!" I really enjoy her taking that role.

Anya had me crying with that grin this episode.

Damian va is very good as well.

10/10 episode AGAIN
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 2021
I don't really understand the huge score and hype of this anime.
Sure, it got amazing fight animations and cute Anya moments. But then again, fans are hyping on this latest Wit Studio anime way too much. It's just too good, but not really a masterpiece.

Jan 2018
So Loid has to support Anya until she's honours level? Boy that's gonna take a lot of time and effort. This means the story's gonna be pretty long too. But from what I read the anime's probably gonna catch up to the manga by the time its 2nd cour ends. So the mangaka needs to keep churning out chapters. I have no problem with that as long as the story is good.

Great episode. Loved how Yor lashed out at those wannabe kidnappers.

And also loved Anya's reactions with her classmates.
May 14, 2022 9:13 AM

Feb 2019
She did the face thing!

Lmaooo I was not expecting anya to be packing a punch like that, holy shit. She did put up with the bullying all episode, as my high school football coach would say “what do you do to a bully? You hit em in the mf mouth”. Well done Anya. As usual, carried the episode.

Love that they got Kaida Yuuko to voice the handler too, one of the best female seiyuus. Can’t wait for next week!
May 14, 2022 9:14 AM

Jul 2021
Mysticus92 said:
I don't really understand the huge score and hype of this anime.
Sure, it got amazing fight animations and cute Anya moments. But then again, fans are hyping on this latest Wit Studio anime way too much. It's just too good, but not really a masterpiece.

This is not even Wit Studio adapting today's episode lmao
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 14, 2022 9:17 AM

Oct 2008
OMG, giving Becky the same VA as Saikawa is meta and brilliant on a whole new level.
May 2021
Another goated ep, Anya can solo any verse lets be real
May 14, 2022 9:22 AM
Dec 2018
dayum anya can throw a killer punch
May 14, 2022 9:23 AM

Dec 2020
To see how anya learn from yor how she self defense and punch someone, this punch to Damian was so nice and her face expression with that smile.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 14, 2022 9:25 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Ah yes the infamous wall that divides the alum and the non alum thats present in most schools. A photobooth thats actually a secret entrance how crafty. The expenses for Operation Save Anya must had been astronomical. Hmm so Eden college's sort of like a all in one package deal. Damm Yor's saving of Anya was such a badass moment. Loid's plan sure ended up filling Anya's class with a ton of celebs. The effect of Anya's smirk on Damian really was entertaining. Damian really deserved that punch but its unfortunate that a teacher was nearby. Overall an excellent ep that did well to expand upon Yor's insecurities as well as allow her and Anya to bond in earnest. Damien while annoying on first entry looks like he might gradually change as he interacts with Anya but man her first day at Eden sure was one hell of a bad start.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2022 9:25 AM

Mar 2010
Best episode so far
we finally got Anya killer smirk and Anya killer punch
May 14, 2022 9:29 AM

Jul 2021
Best episode so far imo, I was laughing a lot. That facial expression and the punch lol xD

Damian introduced, I'm curious how will he impact the story since manga readers seem to like him a lot.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

489 by elli_x »»
Apr 11, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

320 by boumboumboum »»
Apr 9, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

643 by SephiHakubi »»
Mar 31, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2022

237 by Poppy123 »»
Mar 26, 5:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.