Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 7, 2022 7:20 AM

Mar 2021
Parents of the year. He rented a huge castle for his daughter (although not with his money) and even summoned other spies XD. And look how protective Yor is. Drunk Yor is the best.

May 7, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Anya had the time of her life this episode when she also joins in on Loid and Yor's mission. Also, hilarious they managed to capture Yor's expressions when she gets a bit drunk on alcohol.

Franky was also lowkey entertaining to watch this episode imo. Pretty good music and OST episode used this episode as well. Loid is such a badass!
May 7, 2022 7:29 AM

Jun 2019
Man... another banger of an episode. Can't catch a break. I guess. But, we were on the waiting list and all we could've done is hope that someone takes their name off the list, and then we got in. NICE. I love the Eleganto Old man so much. Then, to celebrate the occasion, they got drunk and then played castle for Anya's sake LOL. Yoru's super strong.

But, man... the wholesomeness of this show is just something else. The moment between Loid and Anya was so freaking precious. I can't tell you. I also find it funny that no one in all of those spy people knew anything about Yoru's life. Guess, she's very careful with her work. Also, I did notice the anime-only scenes as well but they were enjoyable. So, it's all good. Llyodman is really cool and sleeping Yoru is cute along with little princess Anya. :3

And, lOoK wIt DiD tHe MaPpA lInE tHiNg. LOL. Great episode, overall.
May 7, 2022 7:29 AM

May 2020
If it wasn’t for Elegant-sensei you never know what could’ve happened to this fake family, though for now everything’s good with Anya too getting her seat in Eden academy. Of course this calls for a celebration, and Anya didn’t shy away making such a grand request, having a whole freaking palace to themselves.

The badassery of Loid-man saving Anya-hime, felt like one of those stories right out of fairy tales.
May 7, 2022 7:33 AM

Jul 2021
Yay Anya got accepted from the secondary exam, good for her, and through some celebration they have decided to do some roleplay at an actual castle via the helicopter. Not gonna lie I'm being completely blind with this episode but I DIDN'T REMEMBER THE MANGA BEING INTENSE with the amount of colorful balls shooting at Loid or was it an original scene? Also Drunk Yor fighting Loid was simply fluid all the way through, mad respect for the animators who are responsible for this because the direction of it is simply stellar and I'm completely blown away to how they were able to be creative here. AND YAYYY I SEE
IN THE NEXT EPISODE :DDDDDD
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 7, 2022 7:33 AM

Jun 2014
Man I love the anime-original scenes they add in, it really made the whole rescue sequence so much more enjoyable. It's great to see Loid go above and beyond for Anya, even if they technically aren't a real family he's dad of the year. Also, drunk Yor <333 💀
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 7, 2022 7:41 AM

Nov 2010
boring. It seemed just a filler episode.
May 7, 2022 7:49 AM
Feb 2014
kuroneko99 said:

The episode was great but your opinion
May 7, 2022 7:51 AM
Nov 2021
The story is very basic but Spy x Family makes it feel like 10000000000x more adorable and cool and cute than any other anime. Another good episode❤️
May 7, 2022 8:12 AM

Oct 2021
Drunken Fist culture is also inherited by YOR .
Amazing episode all the anya smiling giggling scenes were smoothly done .
The real story beings now . King Damian Debut and Queen Becky tooo …
Can’t wait till next week
May 7, 2022 8:20 AM
Jul 2021
kuroneko99 said:

thia is not filler mr boomers swj twitter craps.
May 7, 2022 8:23 AM

Jul 2015
Great episode once more.Anya got the chance to attend the academy and to celebrate it they rented a castle.

Yor is so strong....Pretty funny episode.Even though the family is fake,all 3 of them are becoming real family like.

May 7, 2022 8:23 AM

Oct 2020
It was a Fun Episode. Like it.
Anayan_KashyapMay 7, 2022 9:04 AM
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
May 7, 2022 8:26 AM

Oct 2017
Loid was quite cool in this episode. Drunk Yor is really cute, Yor vs Loid was quite exciting.
May 7, 2022 8:27 AM

Nov 2020
Some sakuga on those fight scenes. Dodging balls and fighting a witch for his daughter, Loid's a great chi chi 😂. The airplane scene didn't look great though.
May 7, 2022 8:27 AM
Oct 2019
Omg the Best Stage Play ever!!!

Loid vs Yor fight scene was so good...

Very ELEGANTOO!!!

WIT Studio x CloverWorks not playing with the Animation...
davidyodo24May 7, 2022 8:31 AM
May 7, 2022 8:28 AM
Oct 2019
kuroneko99 said:

bruhh take this L and go back to sleep
davidyodo24May 7, 2022 8:31 AM

Feb 2020
Perfect wholesome episode, so cute and fun~

Sep 2016
Nice filler and really good yor showcase
Sy On Boy next week
May 7, 2022 8:30 AM
Apr 2022
what an epic and smooth fighting graphic between loid and his wife... i just can say... wit studio is the best studio ever!!!!
May 7, 2022 8:31 AM

May 2020
Outstanding episode. WIT Studio never disappoints.

May 7, 2022 8:34 AM
Sep 2021
This episode is about three things. First, about Anya's passing Eden Academy's selection although via waiting list. Second, celebration mission that in Indonesian I called it "Misi Sayang Anak". Epic and hilarious at the same time. What a solid episode! Although there are some things that added by WIT or Cloverworks that not available in manga, these all not decrease story's solidity in this episode.

Sasuga!
May 7, 2022 8:35 AM
Apr 2022
i see the great contrasm between manga and anime... i only saw there is many change between manga and anime... which it make the anime come funny and epic... i love this anime...

Mar 2021
I am really happy. the anime adaptation is a jem. I had read the manga, specifically this part, a few months before the anime started. After I watched this episode, I was shocked and excited at the same time. I was like, "Wait, was this part ever in the manga? There was the 'renting the castle, calling other agents and finally Drunk Yor vs Loid fight. But what about the rest?" I went back to the manga just to reconfirm if this was ever drawn. And it actually Wasn't. Was that part bad? Hell no!!! My utmost respect to the scriptwriter and the author(who took part in the production as well) for thinking something beyond the source material and giving us, the manga readers, something more to expect in the anime adaptation.

I can confidently tell, this series was not meant to promote the source material. Also, this series will be one of the best series until the story gets an end. I can now safely go into my anime list and give this a 10/10,coz for me at this point, this series is no less than a masterpiece.

Apr 2019
today eps for f's sake, why cute bgt sat Yallah ☝️😭
Fulgur_FIQRIMay 7, 2022 8:42 AM
May 7, 2022 8:36 AM

Sep 2016
As far as the episode goes, it was spectacular.

I love how they improvised more in the anime especially on the castle scene which really made it very entertaining and also somewhat hyped up to watch.

In addition, the animation is just spot on and would probably rewatch the episode
May 7, 2022 8:36 AM

Oct 2015
Banger of an episode and next week might top it.
May 7, 2022 8:37 AM

Apr 2021
This episode was yet again awesome!!! In fact even better!!! Those fight and running scenes were so flashy!!! The anime adapted this part really well!! The Loid vs Yor fight was good too, although it got over pretty fast :(
Anyways, next week's episode's gonna be showing us some new and interesting characters!!! I can't wait to see it!!!
May 7, 2022 8:38 AM
Aug 2021
Loid cosplaying Bondman for Anya just strike straight to my kokoro. I remember reading the manga, it's so cute but seeing the anime they even make it more cuter. ❤️🥺😩❤️
May 7, 2022 8:38 AM

Jul 2012
Congrats to Anya!
May 7, 2022 8:40 AM

Jul 2016
*When a dad does everything for his daughter's happiness, moment be like* ♡(.◜ω◝.)♡

Loidman went on Madara-mode vs Shinobi Alliance xD Franky being best uncle for Anya. Yor being Lee drunken master, such power to arm to arm combat.(☞゚∀゚)☞

Such a precious episode. Anya being happy throughout the Bondman roleplay is so fun to watch. (◍>◡<◍)⋈。✧♡
May 7, 2022 8:51 AM
May 2021
Omg Loid was so cool this episode and it's nice to see that he is so much respected by other spies although Yor was drunk the whole episode expect for starting scenes but still her fight scenes was great too.

Overrall ok episode and I think episode 4 is still better than this and I'm just little bit dissappointed I thought they are going to show Anya attending the school but they took whole episode just to show the castle scene I know they added some anime original scenes that's why the episode felt somewhat slow or maybe my expectation for this episode was high because kaguya sama episode 5 was so good that I was expecting spy x family episode 5 to be on the same level but tbh this episode was no where near the episode of kaguya sama ep 5.And I think this episode is 3/5 at best.
Milan-5May 7, 2022 9:48 AM
May 7, 2022 8:53 AM

May 2020
pretty good episode
anyas dead pan help mes are the best lmao
and yors just bae

May 7, 2022 8:53 AM
Mar 2021
CQLLIST said:
Yay Anya got accepted from the secondary exam, good for her, and through some celebration they have decided to do some roleplay at an actual castle via the helicopter. Not gonna lie I'm being completely blind with this episode but I DIDN'T REMEMBER THE MANGA BEING INTENSE with the amount of colorful balls shooting at Loid or was it an original scene? Also Drunk Yor fighting Loid was simply fluid all the way through, mad respect for the animators who are responsible for this because the direction of it is simply stellar and I'm completely blown away to how they were able to be creative here. AND YAYYY I SEE
IN THE NEXT EPISODE :DDDDDD
yeahhhh one punch Anya let's goooo
May 7, 2022 8:54 AM

Oct 2021
Normal Yor is cool but Drunk Yor is Awesome but woah! What a fight b/w Loid and Yor!!!
After all Anya got admitted in academy, thanks to secondary exam LOL.
May 7, 2022 8:55 AM
Jul 2021
More anime original scenes? Hell yeah.
May 7, 2022 8:55 AM

Jul 2021
Drunk wives are always scary, especially when your wife is an assassin. I really like Franky, he's an entertaining character to watch. Never felt so epic watching a family playing around at Disneyland.
May 7, 2022 8:58 AM

Jul 2011
Now, that's some very important info at the beginning of the episode, Loid uses black pantsu.

What beautiful castle that one was.

Sure was a lot of money, but felt that could write as regional branch combat training.

Anya is happy, and we got to see Yor wonderful combat form. All end well.

May 7, 2022 8:58 AM

Jul 2017
YEET, a Black Cat means karma, and for the Forger family in acceptance to Eden College, they thought that Anya didn't get accepted.

Not to worry, through Elegance Headmaster Henry Henderson, it was all a misunderstanding, and their provocation added points from the school's worth (though not a promise if he stood around) for her to get accepted. Franky even comes around for celebration.

The whole spy play that Anya wants to replicate from the cartoon for a gift, Franky manages to procure a similar looking castle and mission for Anya to play the "damsel princess in distress" part while Loid does the rest with supplying his very own angecy's Ostanian agents for her amusement, mission level: SSS. Saving Princess Anya from scruffy ol' Franky with Loid's action (that's all kiddy) aided by (K)NoW_NAME's OST, spectacular. Loid vs. Yor's action as Twilight vs. the Thorn Princess (in her drunken state), holy WOWSERS, too bad it was short :(

This manga chapter felt short, but the anime-only filler segments help elevate this episode to a higher slate. Nothing short of outstanding for the embarrassing Twilight.
May 7, 2022 8:59 AM

Feb 2021
Damn they didn't have to go this hard on this episode but they did.

A lot of anime original stuff there, but damn it was much better than in the manga.

It seems next episode we finally get to see Desmond.
May 7, 2022 9:00 AM

May 2021
"Thank you for being so kind to my husband." - Yor, as she's drunk, calling Loid her husband. Smooth sailing.

The combat sequence between Loid and Yor had some really good choreography; I think WIT was the one who did it.
RioFSMay 7, 2022 9:18 AM

May 7, 2022 9:01 AM

Nov 2019
They really went all-in on this episode, with the music and all for an anime exclusive bit.

Loidman, acting skills were outstanding. And the melee witch almost got the best of him if it wasn't for her heels. She was pretty strong, that was a close call

May 7, 2022 9:02 AM

Jan 2022
The crappy flute or recorded playing in the background was hilarious. The fact that he was able to rent out a castle for Anya was badass. The amount of agents that came immediately after the call was impressive. Loid is such a badass. The fight between Yor and Loid was also good, Loid was only able to defend himself. Anya also got the castle she wanted!! 10/10 episode
This never updates so that's cool
May 7, 2022 9:05 AM

Feb 2019
For being so smol, Anya carries this story in such a massive way. Just lifts everyone around her and makes them better. Love how she gave everyone a role except Yor “and mama … as whatever” lmaoo
May 7, 2022 9:08 AM

Nov 2011
Holy shit what an episode. The music and sound effects were truly 10/10 Actually amazing.
Are we also not going to talk about Loid using his belt as a Zip line and then Putting it BACK ON?!?!? What a fucking man!

Anya and her fake ass acting was gold.

Oh God Drunk Yor is Dangerous lol.

Great episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
another W of an episode and also for everyone involved in the cast, anya had the time of her life, loidman was an awesome dad all around being cool and caring throughout (even if he got super lucky that yor's heel broke), uncle franky enjoyed himself and even the spies were star-struck by their idol, agent twilight.

such a special series and i'm super excited for anya's antics at school, starting from next week, stay elegant everyone!

Dec 2012
the weakest episode so far
May 7, 2022 9:10 AM

Aug 2021
This episode was definitely different from the previous 4 episodes and provided a nice change of pace. It was great to see them celebrate Anya's admission to the school and the entire castle sequence was amazing. I really wasn't expecting that great of animation from this show but pleasantly surprised. Good music too.

Overall, another great episode, seems like it's just a weekly thing I come here to say now. I'm convinced Spy x Family is allergic to missing.
May 7, 2022 9:11 AM
Nov 2021
that’s my thoughts ready for 6
May 7, 2022 9:12 AM

Oct 2021
I know that this episode is canon but it does feel like a filler episode (Yes, I read the manga). Still a great episode nonetheless with some nice animation (especially the Loidman v Yorticia fight).
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

489 by elli_x »»
Apr 11, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

320 by boumboumboum »»
Apr 9, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

643 by SephiHakubi »»
Mar 31, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2022

237 by Poppy123 »»
Mar 26, 5:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.