Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 25, 2022 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
Cool, it looks like they focused on a little family trip to the penguin park. There were some comedic drama with the penguins but I found the episode overall relaxing and quite entertaining.

Yor's reactions were also comedy gold as usual. I think the finale was a fair way for part one to send this season off after all the school drama, spies, and everything the show threw to us. Anya gets more charm when she plays with her toys in this finale.

Can't wait for part 2!

Jul 2021
They decided to adapt 1-2 extra chapters for the final episode, which was very interesting. The beginning is rather an introduction of Loid’s own motivation and progress of Operation Strix in securing his wife and a child that is established in order to infiltrate Eden Academy.

Ouch, Loid got some push-ups when the women were assuming he has a mistress and such due to his hard-working and less spending time with his family so Loid decides to take Anya and Yor to the aquarium! Lol, Loid is refusing to do a mission from the granny just because he wants to have fun with his family but a terrorist with a chemical weapon smuggled may interfere, Anya really speedrunning her way to see the underwater, and the Penguin Exhibition! Loid really gave those penguins dozens of fish. Nice that Loid is taking care of them though and some guy again approaches him :S Anya witnesses and can read what Loid is doing while Mama Yor helped and Anya is doing an act to stop that bastard’s movement! and yay at the end they got a huge penguin plushie! And lmao they had some fun in the end.

Overall great series, as expected by WIT x Cloverwork I was completely blown away with the direction and the story itself is may be introductory in this 1st Cour but I still have a lot of fun with it, the lies, and the games, the narratives are simple but effective, the appeal and how selective the setting is, the characters are unique on its own for now. Hopefully, the 2nd Cour is going to bring more fun as an anime form. 9/10!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 2017
This anime adaptation has something others don't have....expansion, passion and love. I'm glad I watched this anime. We need more anime adaptations like Spy X Family. Wholesome!

9/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

May 2020
Of course they won’t dive into Bond’s arc, that’s for next season. It’s one of those .5 chapters, which for some reason may not seem a reasonable concluding point but still at least they went with 100% adapting rate.

Playing a pretend family isn’t an easy task, we all know at this point and that too when you’ve to deal with numerous other missions too at the same time… though that’s for those normal spies, not for Loid. Dude even has those names of hundreds of penguins memorised, like how tf lol. Though the mission cleared at the end of the day, for now enjoy the sweet timeout with the family.

It’s always good to see something being made with this care, Wit and Cloverworks really did the manga justice. Onto the second cour now, in Fall.
Jun 25, 2022 7:36 AM

Apr 2018
Well, it was obvious they'd adapt the extra chapters. It just focused on Loid's operation and what happend so far. Loid decided to take his family to the aquarium instead of doing a mission. You can see that he's slowly changing into a husband but he's still keeping his role as a spy serious. Anya was mad adorable throughout the episode and even got a plushie in the end. A bit of action with the terrorists but that's about it. A great episode to end the first cour. A beautiful adaptation between WIT and CloverWorks and I couldn't have asked for anything better than this. The 2nd cour teaser is already out and it looks incredibly good. The second cour will start off with a great arc!

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 25, 2022 7:38 AM

Jun 2014
Ending with a side story chapter isn't ideal, but it would definitely be worse to start the next arc and then have to wait 3 months to see it continue lol. Seeing funny family outings is always a plus anyway.

I really love how Wit and Cloverworks adapted this, expanding the manga when necessary and just overall elevating the source material. Next cour is gonna be spicy from the start so I'm excited for October.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 25, 2022 7:38 AM

Oct 2021
EP 12 was OUTSOURCED TO MADHOUSE HAHA SURPRISING

The outsourcing contract was due to Sonny boy . Wit also did outsource work for Sonny boy so Madhouse repayed them with with SxF ep 12 .

Penguin episode was nice that’s it .

See you in Falls 2022 for part 2
Jun 25, 2022 7:41 AM

Jun 2019
A really long-anticipated manga that got adapted this year and by some of the best in the industry. Really enjoyed this show. Idk I always wanted to hear what my favorite characters will sound like and I got what I wanted.

And, by the way, this episode was from the GOAT MADHOUSE. LOL.

Let's wait for the 2nd cour in Fall 2022.
Jun 25, 2022 7:54 AM

Mar 2016
Well then, seems like they didn't delve into the dog's story just yet, I was curious about that but seems like that particular part of the story is saved for later, hopefully for the next season. I wonder whether the that will be adapted by the same studios or... By Madhouse.

This season finale is overall simply relaxing, with the Forger family going out on another outing together as they did when they first became a family. And for that, it's wonderful...

SPY x FAMILY
WIT x CLOVERWORKS

This has been an entertaining and wholesome series to watch, with many hilarious moments and heartwarming scenes throughout the entire season, it's not often to see a series with a prominent family theme be one of the most popular shows airing in a particular season. It's honestly been a blast to catch this show and to think that we haven't even begun scratching the surface of the actual plot of this series just goes to show the potential the story has in the future. Seeing that the manga itself is relatively new, I can only expect the plot to grow thicker and deeper by the week. on that note, I do believe that continuing where the anime left off to read the manga for this particular series is perfect, especially since the manga itself hasn't gone too far ahead.

I believe I speak for everyone who adores this show and its character with this following statement...
WAKU WAKU!!!
Jun 25, 2022 7:59 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Solid finale to what has been the highlight of the season for me!

Loid-san’s extra attention to work has caused people around to doubt his husbandly/fatherly motivations. Of course that’s no issue for a Spy though, or is it xD? Definitely wasn’t a good start to the day With that deadpan look xD but Anya trying to save him by convincing the neighbours that they’re a loving family was hilarious.

Sasuga Twilight, knowing exactly where the scene is even before it takes place. Loved that contestant bicker with the elderly agent there. And then Yor goes and makes a pact to stick with the neighbours lol, just the start of troubles though.

Imagine being replaced by Loid-san for a day, you’d have a solid chance to become CEO by the time lmao. Anya helping her father by pretending to be kidnapped and Yor-san duly responding to that threat was amazing. Didn’t expect the “Wow!” remark though, that caught me off guard a little.

Peace was nearly compromised but credits to Yor-san and Loid-san for playing along with Anya in the end there, just the perfect close to the series. Got to say though, the PV for the next cour feels like a world apart from the current state of things. I wonder how that’ll go.

As for the season as a whole, there’s little to no complaints. I wanted to like the Op more but, for some reason, it just never managed to hook me in. ED, I wasn’t exactly the biggest fan initially either but it definitely grew on me with time and lofi remixes on YT definitely helped with that. Any A’s VA deserves a world of credit too in particular. And I think that’s about it from here. One for be easiest 9s I’ve handed out!
_MushiRock11_Jun 25, 2022 8:18 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 25, 2022 8:13 AM

Nov 2019
Nothing scarier than gossip. And if it wasn't enough, they also went to the same aquarium as them.

I guess that's all, at least for now; really enjoyed this one. There were some fun episodes. Most of them were faithful to the source material, but they still went with some extras and added some anime Special, the one with the castle for Anya was definitely my favorite episode. Now we wait for October.

9.00/10.

Jun 25, 2022 8:19 AM
May 2021
I'm satisfied with the last episode since part 2 will be airing in fall.Second best anime of the spring for me.

7/10 for now I have to rewatch the whole season to give a proper rating.
Milan-5Jun 25, 2022 6:41 PM
Jun 25, 2022 8:21 AM

Jul 2012
Great adaptation, and the story only gets better from here.

8/10
Jun 25, 2022 8:26 AM

Oct 2017
Great episode to end this cour. Watching Loid's totally normal family enjoying their day out at the aquarium was really fun. Loid can really do anything can't he, feeding penguins like a pro. He should get some rest though. Also that high kick from Yor, WOW. The last part with them playing with Anya was sweet.

Wit and Cloverworks did an amazing job adapting the manga. Also MADHOUSE did great doing the finale. Loved watching this every week and looking forward to part 2.
Jun 25, 2022 8:27 AM

Jul 2020
Oh god, Loid is so tired this whole episode.

I'm suprised he's still alive tho
Jun 25, 2022 8:27 AM

Apr 2019
ancrit ffs today's eps is soo cute af
until October, see yaa Forger Fams 👊😎
Fulgur_FIQRIJun 25, 2022 8:31 AM
Jun 25, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2016
Oooh Those poor penguin.

Well, it wasn't like a finale at all. Not even Bond was anywhere near in the episode.

Still easily my favourite anime that come out this year without a single doubt.

8/10
Jun 25, 2022 8:29 AM

Jul 2015
Great Episode.They adapted the side chapters.The entire episode was pretty funny.

So next cour begins in October.The whole adaptation was pretty great.10/10 score for this adaptation of the series.

Jun 25, 2022 8:30 AM
Apr 2021
We didn't got date 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Poor Loid got screwed when the women were assuming he has a mistress and such due to his hard-working and less spending time with his family so Loid decides to take Anya and Yor to the aquarium! Lol, Loid is refusing to do a mission from the granny just because he wants to have fun with his family but a terrorist with a chemical weapon smuggled may interfere, Anya really speedrunning her way to see the underwater, and the Penguin Exhibition! Loid really gave those penguins dozens of fish. Nice that Loid is taking care of them though and some guy again approaches him :S Anya witnesses and can read what Loid is doing while Mama Yor helped and Anya is doing an act to stop that bastard’s movement! and yay at the end they got a huge penguin plushie! And lmao they had some fun in the end.

Yor's reactions were also comedy gold as usual. I think the finale was a fair way for part one to send this season off after all the school drama, spies, and everything the show threw to us. Anya gets more charm when she plays with her toys in this finale.
Jun 25, 2022 8:30 AM
Aug 2021
Deep down I kinda knew they wont anime Bond's arc but again I was in complete denial after that foreshadow on the 11th episode. Nevertheless a good solid episode. I like how they put a mini summary at the start of the episode and gradually move into the scenes, that was good. Poor Twilight needs some time off I supposed haha @ WISE stop overworking your best agent!! 😂
Jun 25, 2022 8:31 AM
Jan 2020
It's aight, I really don't understand the hype behind this. Well, I guess that applies to every hyped ass shows out there.
Jun 25, 2022 8:31 AM

Apr 2021
This episode gave a good ending to this season!!! I can't believe the season ended already. Every week I looked forward to watching this show!! It was fun and exciting"waku waku".
Definitely gonna miss the three of em!!! Anyways I'm hyped for part 2!!

10/10
See you guys in October!!!
Jun 25, 2022 8:32 AM
Apr 2022
8/10 for part 1. Solid and enjoyable ride. Can't wait for part 2
Jun 25, 2022 8:33 AM

Apr 2020
Just watched the premiere, and hey it gives me the one and only shot to post on the first page of this forum as Part 1 of Spy x Family ends.

I think the show ended up fine, with it being all about keeping face to their neighbors that they are a "true" family, and they somehow proved it (in more ways than one). I commend Anya for using of her being kidnapped to bait Yor's power and of course knowing the situation in the aquarium, see the child is learning.

Also that last part was cheesy but hilarious, imagine being outside and seeing that kind of family roleplaying just to satisfy their child, I mean if we're talking reality here all families are like that...but it's worth it because Anya, Loid, Yor, and many others which includes us smiled at the very end.

See y'all in October for the sequel!
Jun 25, 2022 8:35 AM

May 2021
Loid keeps getting overworked, and as if that wasn't enough, he even has to take care of the nosy gossiping ladies association as well. Just give my man some coffee and juice.

RIP that newbie who got promoted just coz Loid was impersonating him.

This was a good season though my favourite parts are yet to be adapted. Enjoyed watching it weekly.
7/10.
RioFSJun 25, 2022 8:54 AM

Jun 25, 2022 8:38 AM
Apr 2021
I can't wait for the next season.
Jun 25, 2022 8:41 AM
Oct 2019
Loid didn't get rest enough and getting overworked by the Organization, sending some message to Japanese Overworked Culture. lol

I'm kinda glad they save the continuation of the Main Story for Part 2 and didn't leave us with cliffhanger.
Still a fun episode nonetheless.

Overall Part 1 is been Amazing.
WIT Studio x CloverWorks been killing it so far.
All the Seiyuu doing fantastic performance.
9/10.

Can't wait for Part 2 in Fall 2022.
Jun 25, 2022 8:42 AM

Jul 2012
They definitely need more time off to spend together. Enjoy the break, Loid.
Jun 25, 2022 8:45 AM
Sep 2015
Look like a filler but this episode affirm that Loid is working very hard, maybe too hard, at being a perfect spy.
Jun 25, 2022 8:51 AM

Jul 2011
Anya's mind-reading looks like is steadily getting more powerful. 200 penguins, understating said penguins, without her nose to bleed.

They may be a fake family but that "Wow" means good connection.
Jun 25, 2022 8:52 AM
Sep 2021
Decent episode, saw the forger family enjoy the day and also loid completing his mission at that gap. Liked how they end the season, enjoyed spy family, looking more to season 2.
I give this episode 5/10.
The whole season gets 7/10.
Jun 25, 2022 8:52 AM
Oct 2019
No Bond this season, I understand why but I can't help but miss that adorable fluffy dummy.
Jun 25, 2022 8:53 AM

Jul 2019
Tensaiman said:

The outsourcing contract was due to Sonny boy . Wit also did outsource work for Sonny boy so Madhouse repayed them with with SxF ep 12 .

Cloverworks also did an outsource for sonny boy, so madhouse is basically repaying both studios at once
Jun 25, 2022 8:57 AM

Jul 2017
Part 1's finale outsourced to Madhouse (as Sonny Boy's repayment help from both Wit Studio and CloverWorks), and they STILL DID EFFING GREAT!

Of course, Bond's (the dog) arc would be left for Part 2 in Fall, so focusing on the extra chapters 8.5 of Volume 2 and 15.6 of Volume 3 with the Forger family to Penguin Park!

Initially, the opening is essentially recapping Part 1 thus far in the process of Twilight a.k.a Loid's Operation Strix, and continuing the mission of the Forgers into protecting their assets and showing off their pretend family perfection. Of course, WISE would never let Loid go of the never-ending missions, and just nice at the aquarium, there's a terrorist plot concurrently happening that Loid CANNOT miss.

Hiding the film enclosed in a capsule that's inhaled through penguins, this is a difficult mission, and lucky for Loid, Anya's esper abilities to spot the emperor penguin Parles paid off for Loid to impose the disguise of being a staff member to scout it out, but it won't be easy. And skills helped him out to a bingo.

It's so obvious that this fake professor is here to retrieve the marked Parles, and Anya played her valiant part for Yor to take action, which is smart. Mission accomplished, no more excessive overwork but peace for the family to make a world that children will not cry.

Anya's play with the lion Director Chimera and the penguin Agent Penguinman, she loves plushies and spy activities around the house. And unequivocalkly, both Loid and Yor play her little spy game to her own happiness lols.

Part 2 in Fall, can't wait enough!
Jun 25, 2022 8:58 AM

Mar 2021
great episode with a nice family outing to the aquarium looking forward to the next season
Jun 25, 2022 8:58 AM

Oct 2021
VP2003boi said:
Tensaiman said:

Cloverworks also did an outsource for sonny boy, so madhouse is basically repaying both studios at once

Yeah clover works also and fukushi being the AP for this episode and mainly takt op Madhouse team was recruited for EP #12
Jun 25, 2022 8:59 AM
Jan 2021
First things first.. I’m
Not happy, not seeing Bond.

That out of the way, this episode had me smiling the whole time!
It was a fun send off for the first half.

I’m struggling to not make this my favourite anime already.
9/10 for now, but I will most likely change it to 10/10 if I’m being honest with myself. (I almost never rate a 10)
Jun 25, 2022 9:00 AM
Jul 2021
I’m a little disappointed that they ended this part with a bonus chapter instead of bond, but it is what it is I guess

Great show, and a great adaptation of the manga so far
Jun 25, 2022 9:01 AM

Dec 2014
Kinda wish it would just continue with the 2nd cour but I guess we're gonna have to wait till October. A pretty fun episode to finish things off this season though.

Anyway, Spy x Family turned out to be far better than expected from the very beginning. Loid, Anya and Yor are great characters, their dynamics play well off each other and even the school stuff was far more entertaining that expected. I have nothing but praise for the show so far, they over the top premise and stories are consistently entertaining and there's really nothing more you can ask for. I hope they continue the high quality of the adaptation until the very end.

9/10, definitely has potential to be 10/10 depending on how it progresses.
Jun 25, 2022 9:02 AM
Mar 2022
Btw Anya was not a big fan of that starfish😂
Anya and Loid going “WOW” after seeing what Yor did to that guy was sooo funny!😂
zoh4irJun 25, 2022 9:39 AM
Jun 25, 2022 9:03 AM

Oct 2021
Tbh, this episode should've been an OVA.
Jun 25, 2022 9:03 AM

Mar 2018
So excited for Part II, this show has been incredibly enjoyable and I just can't stop watching these three and their antics.

Jun 25, 2022 9:05 AM

Nov 2011
I am actually so glad episode twelve was basically just these three evolving into a family. Super well done.

The 'Wow" by both Anya and Loid had me fucking crying!!!

AND I am just so happy they didn't leave on a cliffhanger like other anime have in the past.

When Loid is about to ask for a Vacation and he looks at Yor and Anya and just sees how happy they are...my fucking heart bro.

Masterpiece of an anime so far. 9.5/10
SoraSenpaiJun 25, 2022 9:14 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 25, 2022 9:06 AM

Mar 2016
Bro who got promoted without further knowledge of your job, I get you.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 25, 2022 9:12 AM

Jan 2022
Such a good ending for part 1. This episode made me laugh so much. I like how Anya helps Loid with his missions and Loid has no awareness of that. Yor also comes in to save the day, and again, she also has no awareness of that. The fact that Loid and Yor played with Anya outside the house was so cute. It was also funny that the new guy instantly became the chief because of Loid's performance. He knew all the penguins names lmaooo I did feel bad for the penguin though, it was not doing well. Truly a 10/10 episode and partial season for me. Ngl I'm going to miss watching SxF on Saturdays. October can't come any sooner :'(
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 25, 2022 9:12 AM
Feb 2021
What a cute final episode for Part 1! This season definitely deserved the hype and I hope part 2 will keep up that hype. I also can't wait for us to meet Bond in the anime! He is going to add wayyy to much cuteness into this series! ^=^
Jun 25, 2022 9:15 AM

Feb 2019
Was waiting on the show to drop off but it never did. Only got better and better as each episode went on. One of the few hyped shows to not only live up to the hype but exceed it. Looks like Jump have another cultural phenomenon on their hands. Not normally into shonen but this was great.

Anya, Yor and Loid while having seemingly nothing in common and coming from totally different walks of life manage to make a perfect family.

Can’t wait for the second cour and I’ll have to peep the manga in the meantime
Jun 25, 2022 9:15 AM
Oct 2016
Perfect way to end the first half of Spy x Family. Just the three Forgers spending time together having fun despite the high pressure situations. This anime has been such a great time. Rarely do anime capture everything they do so well. Spy x Family is pure quality at every step, there's really nothing to complain about when it comes to this show. Something that doesn't really happen with an overwhelming majority of anime. From start to finish of this half of the season everything clicked, everything worked so well and fired on all cylinders. The cast, the story, the animation, the music, the atmosphere, the tone, the comedy, the action, the drama, the character relationships, it all was done to a high degree of quality. Spy x Family will go down as one of those all time great animes that anyone can watch and everyone will love. It has something for everyone and even things people normally wouldn't like are done well. The main family dynamic is one of the strongest in all of anime. Loid, Yor and Anya make such a perfect stitch work family. Its beautiful seeing them care about each other. Loid trying to best to keep them all together, for more than just his organization's mission. The comedy works every time with Anya telepathy being used to provide tons of laughs. Anya herself getting spotlight in her school environment was amazing. Loved all her shenanigans with her classmates good and bad. They help make the supporting cast just as memorable. There might not be much high octane spy action as one would think but that's for later in the story. There's many exciting moments to be adapted in the second cour. Glad its only a short wait away.

100/100
Jun 25, 2022 9:16 AM

Jan 2012
An aquarium double mission to end this season. From both the unnecessary recap at the beginning and unnecessary(though cute) Anya playtime at the end it's clear this story wasnt enough for a full episode on its own, but oh well. Still good.

And really, with season 2 a mere cour away and already in production I feel like it should all be considered one season anyway, but whatever. This show was enjoyably cute. Anya was the delightful standout but Loid was good too. Yor...largely felt like a prop if I'm being honest. A sexy prop, but a prop nonetheless. Her brother was probably my least favorite part of this first season too. That could change in the future, both her prop feeling and my disliking her brother. I hope it does. This was definitely the darling show of the anime community this season, including the rare 9 or above score on here from hundreds of thousands of viewers. Honestly, it wasn't THAT good to me. But definitely enjoyable enough for a solid 7/10 and a watch of the next portion in the Fall.

Oh, and the opening theme was outstanding. I'd always crank the volume during it.
Jun 25, 2022 9:16 AM

Jan 2018
A fitting end for the last ep of first cour. The whole episode is fun, enteraining and wholesome. Looking forward for the 2nd cour in October.

9/10
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

320 by boumboumboum »»
Apr 9, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

643 by SephiHakubi »»
Mar 31, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2022

237 by Poppy123 »»
Mar 26, 5:32 AM

» loid is a terrible spy ( 1 2 3 )

ayaan692 - Jul 12, 2022

125 by Andromeda567 »»
Mar 13, 12:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.