Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Police in a Pod
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2022 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, it was a matter of time before the police force got assigned to investigate into drug trafficking related cases. Poor Kawai though, as she seems to be less experienced in her role this particular episode.

Meanwhile, Seiko showed her skills in using those lady charms. Heh, maybe Kawai can learn a few things from her.
Feb 16, 2022 7:28 AM

Apr 2010
The guys had it hard the first part of the episode, and Seiko proving again that she is good at scheming.
The love hotel part had a pretty funny ending.
Anyway the case got solved and they managed to show each others good sides, Kawai learned something again.
Feb 16, 2022 7:54 AM

Jul 2017
A tailing mission to crack down a meth drug syndicate, this "championship" to inspect in couples from the Machiyama Police in collaboration with the Narcotics Squad...this is Seiji's last chance to redeem himself of destroying their lieutenant's car with the car chase the last episode.

Kawai with Minamoto, and Fuji with Yamada, the latter really brought on the attention because of Fuji's beauty. But that's even more precarious of Minamoto because of the subtlety of this mission, and wherever they go to places like streets or even a love hotel for a stakeout, Fuji always comes out on top, leaving both Minamoto and Yamada rearing on their own heads being tempted by Fuji.

Continuing on with the meth case, interrogating the mistress of the culprit Yukari is just as hard as getting information out from the main culprit Kenji, the only use case for rookies Minamoto and Kawai. A dossier in this case can also be information behind the actions of culprits, and using this to lower their guard, Minamoto's a smooth talker beating around the bush essentially, but it's total pressure on the interrogating detectives to deliver the confessions by doing this way. And Minamoto through his deduction, poses that Yukari needn't be the one to rat out her own husband who's also caught, but to give her family life.

There's something to learn today: a dossier. And police can actully be helpful depending on their actions, such as with Minamoto that Kawai can learn from.
Feb 16, 2022 8:47 AM

Nov 2016
The stakeout part was amusing. Fuji proved once again what a scarycalculating woman she is.

This interrogation sent me on a different kind of feel trip. Minamoto cracked her gently with a genuine good cop performance. Man, I love this series.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 16, 2022 9:17 AM
Sep 2015
Minamoto is really shining when he interogate the suspect. I don't sense any specialty from Yamada yet which is such a shame because he's the only one that based on unmodified real life policeman's personality. He need to be explored more.
Feb 16, 2022 11:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I don't think that being kind like that to someone in a drug traffic will really solve things IRL but that was nice to see, Minamoto truly loves his work.
Feb 16, 2022 11:33 AM

May 2020
Man just how manipulative Seiko is, even those in police can't resist her full ladylike persona.

And that was some premium level of smooth talking from Minamoto in second half. Man sure knows how to make someone talk.
Feb 16, 2022 11:53 AM
Apr 2021
Great episode as always ❤️❤️❤️ I want to read the manga but I couldn't find it anywhere so can anyone tell where I can find the manga ??
Feb 16, 2022 11:58 AM

May 2021
Great episode! This time the police were called to catch a meth trafficker! Kawai is paired with Minamoto and Minamoto cannot afford to fail this task otherwise his previous...accident won't be forgiven but Kawai thinks holding his hand to pretend they are on a date is sexual harassment xD. Meanwhile, Seiko and Yamada have no trouble pretending to be on a date...
They end up tailing the suspect and his lover into a love hotel and Minamoto is scared to be accused of harassment for breathing lol.
Minamoto really is a good interrogator and gets the suspect to lower her guard. I feel sorry for the Yukari and Kenji as she and him seem to be pretty nice people apart from the meth business. But... in the end, Minamoto gets information out of Yukari about Kenji's brother Buusuke.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Feb 16, 2022 3:17 PM

Sep 2018
This show is always a good laugh, love it.

I can only think of two main reasons as to why one would dislike the show. You hate cops in general or you're an incel.
GakutoDeathGlareFeb 16, 2022 3:20 PM
Feb 16, 2022 3:30 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Minamoto didn't get fired, but he's on the hot seat after damaging the captain's car. The only way for him to redeem himself is to catch the Meth dealer who is hanging around with his girlfriend. The only to get close to the Meth dealer is tail him as a couple so that he won't get suspicious. Unfortunately, Fuji beat Minamoto to the punch when by manipulating Yamada when they were in a love hotel room together.

Minamoto got a chance to shine by getting woman in the interrogation room to drop her guard and get a confession with Kawai as his assistant.
Feb 16, 2022 4:27 PM

May 2015
Kawai is freaking hilarious, I love this show
Feb 16, 2022 4:42 PM

Sep 2020
Minamoto's March 8th trick really cememnted his ace interrogator status.
Feb 16, 2022 8:07 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Yet another great episode, the first half about tailing the meth dealers was funny, can’t get enough of the dynamics the girls have with Minamoto and Yamada, Kawai’s “No, that’s sexual harassment” really got me, and we also got to a hilarious reaction from Minamoto over Fuji’s Mount Fujis lol. The 2nd half was a bit more serious, but I really liked it, Minamoto went in a roundabout way of getting a confession and even used the date to his advantage, but I especially loved the realness of the situation with the wife of the meth dealer, I found it touching, and the duality of comedy and seriousness is something I’ve come to love from this show.
Feb 16, 2022 9:37 PM

Jan 2011
What's this? A depiction of drugs from Japan that's more nuanced than "dealers are completely evil"?
Feb 16, 2022 9:52 PM

Aug 2013
ReaperCreeper said:
What's this? A depiction of drugs from Japan that's more nuanced than "dealers are completely evil"?

Well yeah the person behind this show was an actual cop before she made this manga so her stories are going to be more authentic then what they would usually portray it as.
Feb 16, 2022 10:14 PM

May 2013
They do a really good job with the Characters in this show. It seems like they've thought through their interactions, personalities, motivations, etc. really well. Feels like some pretty realistic viewpoints and takes on the situations presented.
Feb 16, 2022 11:25 PM

Dec 2020
fav ep so far. their dynamics are hilarious. kawai's "thats sexual harassment" to minamoto's offer on hand holding to make them look more realistic as a couple was just too good. and then him absolutely freaking out abt everything regarding kawai after that LMAO. yamada and fuji were also great, even this guy who's tasted the gorilla woman's ruthlessness couldn't resist her beauty charm.

minamoto's really good at his job damn. that probably wouldn't work irl but i liked that a lot. fuji having faith in him was also a nice touch
Feb 16, 2022 11:47 PM

Aug 2020
Was that a Gintama reference or do Japanese cops just love eating anpan on stakeouts?

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Feb 17, 2022 1:35 AM

Nov 2012
Previous ep ended with the boss saying "seiin kubi" but now they're like nothing happened, oc except Minamoto, well, good ep as always, I really like this kind of shows

My Candies:

Feb 17, 2022 2:35 AM

Feb 2014
I'm not surprised that Minamoto found himself in the last chance saloon after his driving antics in the previous episode, so the pressure on him to do better in the meth dealer tailing job must've been tough.

I laughed when Kawai rejected his offer to "hold hands" by saying that is was sexual harassment, but to no one surprise, Fuji and Yamada beat the duo to capturing the crooks. I also laughed when Yamada compared Fuji's ruthlessness to a gorilla. XD

However, Minamoto easily redeemed himself when it came to the interrogation of the meth dealer's wife. I can't blame Kawai for thinking he wasn't doing hid job properly, but Minamoto's tactics for getting a confession out of the wife was a masterstroke.

Overall, this was another fun and engaging episode. =)
Feb 17, 2022 5:08 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, Minamoto might fuck up a lot, but interrogations are the one thing he will never fuck up. Fucking goated for that interrogation. Also loved how they talked about feeling sorry for the meth dealer, cause that's true in real life. Show the people the story and some of them will feel bad and ignore the wrongs these criminals or something have done, things are not just black and white, that was nice.

The stakeout was hilarious though, Fuji might be a gorilla on the inside, but her looks are indeed killer. Kawai is kawaii as always though, you can count on her to lighten the mood naturally in this show.
Feb 17, 2022 5:48 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its about time Kawai learn another new and this episode she learn tailing someone and act as a couple too to complete the disguised of the whole stakeout, which surely not the best suit for the rookie monster like her. Kawai face indeed on a kowai form. But looking at an afro policeman stake with what he did previously, he need to get the job done. Unfortunately, when they were about to be finished, Sgt. Fuji did something unbeliavably. The afro dude sure would be finished. She twisted even her own partner, and scheme the sabu dealer catching without Minamoto-Kawai that left behind. Sweet revenge after what they've done, but its also giving a one more hard time for Minamoto.

Fortunately for the afro dude, the last chance of it was about his specialty as the ace detective. Sure its an easy, but-not-that-easy job, because its sure needed the last moment with the right place on the right time, to caught it right. She confessed. Sabu dealer lover almost giving all the heart to the dealer she loved. But at the end, she still love and care about her mother and son, more than the drug, more than the man....

Another nice case and great conclusion episode. Hakozume never cease to entertain me with that 'different approaching' of police lifes....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 17, 2022 7:02 AM
Nov 2019
Lol this anime is so fictional….

Yeah I’ve been told by 2 mal members before the author is a former Japanese police officer… but. I did more digging my self and they where actually an administrator… meaning they weren’t police… they where a clerk…. Admin clerk so dealing with office work and also drawing suspects that’s it…

Another thing… japan has the lowest usage of drugs… illegal drugs that is

Do you know how hard it is to get weed
Specially meth which is by the way a dirty junkie drug….

I am from Australia…. And my country yea we got a meth problem just like the USA 🇺🇸

But japan lol japan is one of the most cleanest countries when it comes to drugs…

So take it from me I am 30 bro… an adult

And this author has exaggerated… episode 7 lol 😆

This is just fiction… pure fiction…

And if some one has an issue with what I am saying

Look up Google japans usage of drugs and arrests for drug usage and drug trafficking it’s non existent in real life….

And if I get a quote or some one replies to this
Thinking they know better…. Have you been to japan ? Cause I have…. And I’ve been to bars night clubs

And I can tell you now their is no drug culture in japan. And if there is it’s under ground compared to the west….

I am no child or teenage weeb…. I know what I am taking about

But just makes me laugh when I see teenagers on here believing this anime to portray real life police work… or what happens in japan it’s not it’s pure fiction….

The author wasn’t even a police officer just a admin at a police station nothing more 🙄

If you got nothing better to say or attack me for what I am saying… il just ignore your quote… or reply….
Feb 17, 2022 7:16 AM
Sep 2021
badabass said:
Its about time Kawai learn another new and this episode she learn tailing someone and act as a couple too to complete the disguised of the whole stakeout, which surely not the best suit for the rookie monster like her. Kawai face indeed on a kowai form. But looking at an afro policeman stake with what he did previously, he need to get the job done. Unfortunately, when they were about to be finished, Sgt. Fuji did something unbeliavably. The afro dude sure would be finished. She twisted even her own partner, and scheme the sabu dealer catching without Minamoto-Kawai that left behind. Sweet revenge after what they've done, but its also giving a one more hard time for Minamoto.

Fortunately for the afro dude, the last chance of it was about his specialty as the ace detective. Sure its an easy, but-not-that-easy job, because its sure needed the last moment with the right place on the right time, to caught it right. She confessed. Sabu dealer lover almost giving all the heart to the dealer she loved. But at the end, she still love and care about her mother and son, more than the drug, more than the man....

Another nice case and great conclusion episode. Hakozume never cease to entertain me with that 'different approaching' of police lifes....

Im still dont understand what Fuji did to Yamada, please tell me.
Feb 17, 2022 10:11 PM

Jul 2016
Trying to make me feel sympathy for a drug dealer and his accomplice? How cute.

Also, Minamoto's method to get a confession would have never worked if this was real life but hey, anything is possible in anime ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 18, 2022 12:25 AM

Jun 2019
This was the best episode yet.

SouthRzVa said:
Trying to make me feel sympathy for a drug dealer and his accomplice? How cute.

You don't have to feel any sympathy - some will, some won't, and anywhere in-between, and that's what makes up a diverse audience with different worldviews and outlooks on life and different life experiences. But I definitely appreciate a more nuanced look at people who are usually demonized and used and written off as one-dimensional villains, lowlives, comic relief, etc.. Even people who are hated or opposed by most of those around them, the law, society, etc. for their actions usually are at least the victim or hero of their own story from their perspective, or to a few of their family members, friends, or other loved ones if they have them.
Feb 18, 2022 3:31 AM

Jun 2019
Holding hands = Sexual Harassment LULW
Breathing = Sexual Harassment LULW

Also, Minamoto is the best boy. He's so composed and mature as a detective should be. Really love his character.
Feb 18, 2022 8:49 AM
Apr 2019
That was really funny.
It was great there was actually repercussions for minimato taking the captains car through a forest.
Feb 18, 2022 1:57 PM

Nov 2011
The slight bit of Fuji fan service was all i needed from this episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 20, 2022 10:55 AM

Feb 2012
Some continuity with the previous episode. Minamoto's reckless driving means he must not mess up this drug dealer case, thus Kawai's sexual harassment comment got him anxious. The fucking double standard with Fuji handholding Yamada's hand.

Despite those problems, he excels inside the interrogation room and gets a confession out of the drug dealer's lover after prying into seemingly unimportant details from her personal life.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 20, 2022 7:36 PM

Jun 2019
Pretty good episode. The comedy was consistent, the more emotional moments were done well, and Minamoto’s long-con interrogation style was entertaining to watch.
Mar 21, 2022 3:56 AM

Oct 2017
Seiko chan has no chill, she just treats them like dogs and manipulates them however she likes.
Apr 7, 2022 3:37 AM

Jul 2021
Could we just appreciate the fact that Fuji basically got the perfect alibi to visit a love hotel, and even bill it to the police station as a work expense?
May 16, 2022 6:07 AM

Jul 2015
Policewomen sure are troublesome during stakeouts, Kawai for not being the brightest and Fuji for being one hell of a schemer.

Although Minamoto is also a great schemer with playing his smoothtalking during that interrogation.

Dec 18, 2022 1:46 AM

Dec 2013
The episodes are getting better. Fuji has really a strong personality but she's really beautiful even Yamada can't resist him lol. Minamoto is a very great interrogator indeed and the last part was really touching!

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2022

37 by Nnightwing »»
Aug 30, 2023 10:50 AM

Poll: » Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2022

124 by RinCuk »»
May 26, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2022

45 by imjayhime »»
Apr 15, 2023 8:21 PM

Poll: » Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2022

37 by Assassin2112 »»
Feb 24, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2022

39 by _kukiyomenai »»
Dec 24, 2022 4:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.