Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 6, 2022 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, Tanjiro swung his sword like a champ. One of his most epic moments yet this season.

He and Tengen really took the fight against the demons. Seriously, they also made Tengen look really good this episode imo against Tengen. Based ufotable and their animation quality.

Jun 2019
Nezuko said more than two words... we've been blessed. Well, the situation got even worse in this episode with Daki and Gyutaro. The boys were down for good and the only one who was facing Gyutaro was Tanjiro. But, seeing them all fighting together against Daki and Gyutaro was relieving.

Lots of painful moments in this episode that felt painful physically for some reason. LOL. Anyway, another great episode. And, the rumors of the last episode being 45 mins. (~2 episodes) could be true. We'll have to wait and see.

But, my god, that animation was beyond anything in Season 1 or anything that happened in Mugen Train movie, beyond fucking incredible. A gem of an episode. Wow... I've no words to describe how beautiful this episode was. Also, that cliffhanger.

Ufotable, I kneel. You beautiful people.

Edit: Confirmed 45 mins.
Pre_YumFeb 6, 2022 6:49 AM

Jan 2015

Holy shit omg what an epic episode.

The situation seemed quite awful and desperate for everyone, especially for Tanjirou. But as expected from Tanjirou, he just doesn’t like giving up. The kunai was a very smart move

The teamwork, the animation, the soundtrack, the quality, the intensity. This episode was something else.
Ufotable did it again. Wow. Jesus christ they went overboard for this one lol.

Beautiful ending as well. I loved how the cliffhanger was handled.
Next episode 45 minutes!

XenocrisiFeb 6, 2022 7:55 AM

May 2020
Damn Gyutaro this episode, he was just all over Tanjiro until he took out the most lethal weapon of his, that headbutt. But for real though, that whole conversation was just too intense. And so was Zenitsu’s attack on Daki.

But man again the animation, complete goosebumps. Ufotable just out matching themselves with each passing episode. You just can’t witness something like this every other day. And finally Gyutaro and Daki being beheaded… finally. But it still isn’t the end, crazy cliffhanger. 5/5 episode.

Feb 6, 2022 6:44 AM

Jan 2009
holy shit what a sakugafest episode again and this is likely the best sakuga scenes yet for Demon Slayer

the desperation and thrill was great this episode

but they did not add explanations (or have no time with all the action) on how Tengen can control his muscles like the heart and how Inosuke can relocate his organs but ye he was shown in earlier episodes to dislocate his body anyway so for him its possible

although nice that they added explanation on how Tengen predicts the sound of his enemies
degFeb 6, 2022 7:05 AM
Feb 6, 2022 6:45 AM

May 2020
What an episode, holy shit.
Feb 6, 2022 6:46 AM
Oct 2019
This episode is a feast for our eyes. Luckily, Ufotable explained "the score technique" of Uzui through Gyuutaro's narrator.
Feb 6, 2022 6:46 AM
Oct 2013
I don't know what to say.. 10/10
Also KnY official twitter confirmed next episode will be 45m
https://twitter.com/kimetsu_off/status/1490335723458908165
Feb 6, 2022 6:49 AM

Jun 2014
Holy. Fucking. Shit. I am absolutely fucking speechless. Season 2 episode 6 was great and all, but if there's any episode that can dethrone S1 ep19, it's this one. I can't believe what I just watched. Tanjiro's determination, GOD SPEED ZENITSU THE MOTHERFUCKING BOY, the GOAT Tengen's action scenes as he fought Gyutaro again, the double decapitation, and that bittersweet ending to the episode as the credits rolled.....absolute perfection. I refuse to believe mere humans are animating this show. Ufotable has to have some kind of cheat or hack going on there's no way that what they do, time and time again, with such consistency, should even be humanly possible. Amazing episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 6, 2022 6:56 AM

Oct 2021
thebrentinator24 said:
Holy. Fucking. Shit. I am absolutely fucking speechless. Season 2 episode 6 was great and all, but if there's any episode that can dethrone S1 ep19, it's this one. I can't believe what I just watched. Tanjiro's determination, GOD SPEED ZENITSU THE MOTHERFUCKING BOY, the GOAT Tengen's action scenes as he fought Gyutaro again, the double decapitation, and that bittersweet ending to the episode as the credits rolled.....absolute perfection. I refuse to believe mere humans are animating this show. Ufotable has to have some kind of cheat or hack going on there's no way that what they do, time and time again, with such consistency, should even be humanly possible. Amazing episode.

It already dethroned it tbh.
Feb 6, 2022 7:02 AM
Jul 2021
Hands down best episode of demon slayer. Thank you Shirai and Abe for animating and directing this legendary episode.
Feb 6, 2022 7:04 AM

Jun 2014
Serpentinite said:
thebrentinator24 said:

It already dethroned it tbh.

Oh I definitely agree with you, this episode has blown anything before it out of the water.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 6, 2022 7:09 AM

Oct 2017
Like seriously, Ufotable does it again with the sakugas. Kudos to ufotable and staff.
Feb 6, 2022 7:13 AM
Jan 2021
The best ep🔥
This makes KnY s2 the 2nd best s2 of an anime I have watched after Code Geass
Feb 6, 2022 7:57 AM
Jul 2021
oh my god what a beautiful episode. this season rly making me become a demon slayer fan.
Feb 6, 2022 8:11 AM

Feb 2020
Fire episode, oh my god!
Feb 6, 2022 8:13 AM

Apr 2014
Flamboyant! This episode is a masterpiece. Sasuga ufotable.
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 6, 2022 8:14 AM
Feb 2021
One of the most Asspull , Plot Armor I have seen in Demon Slayer

Wow!! I can change the location of my heart when I got stab unnoticed from behind,, Wow!! I can be immune to poison... it seems like all of the enemy's attack is just for a SHOCKING moment and no consequences whatsoever. loss all values now going forward...

how about the next one...... I will never die because I'm a protagonist?

Very disappointing , but other than that The Animation is top notch and very good.
Feb 6, 2022 8:14 AM
Jul 2021
I have nothing to say, that was too epic!
Feb 6, 2022 8:16 AM

Sep 2020
Just amazing and epic!!! Probably the best episode this season so far.
Kind of curious what happened in the last scene.
Feb 6, 2022 8:17 AM

May 2021
I thought Zenitsu's GodSpeed would be this episode's highlight but then Uzui came back. Holy shiitake mushrooms!

After the almost-tragic ending of the previous episode, we have Gyuutarou taunting Tanjiro, as a fellow elder brother, insulting him for his weakness and inability to protect his sister. He deserved what Tanjiro did to him next by secretly stabbing him with one of those poisoned knives. I quite liked that method of getting an upper-hand over Gyuutarou instead of relying on flashy sword skills.

Zenitsu's God Speed and Uzui's fight were even better than the previous episodes. Their heads rolling and coming to a rest near each other was quite fitting for the bro-sis duo.

But well, there wasn't a happily-ever-after this episode. Another near-tragic ending. Did they escape? Or perhaps they were rescued? Can't wait to find out nest episode; that's for sure.

For some reason, I can't seem to get Tanjiro's bent fingers out of my mind. I have been scarred.
RioFSFeb 6, 2022 8:43 AM

Feb 6, 2022 8:17 AM

Jul 2017
The action in the second half of the episode looked good and again, better than the animation in episode 19 but the animation and sakuga itself didn't blow me away this week in particular and standing out in a special manner from other weeks barring the explosion at the end. The Tengen-Gyutaro action was fast-paced and looked great with the lighting and not much monologues slowing it down so that was cool at least with the movie feel, but other than the flashiness and sakuga involved, there wasn't much going for this fight and the episode to keep me invested in it. Episode 19 from Season 1 at least had better music and more character-driven moments going for it, even if the writing there wasn't extraordinary either. Here it looked cooler with all-out action everywhere but it didn't blow me away much with it and emotionally didn't engage me at all either. Wasn't a massive fan of the flames in general for the backgrounds, it looks too digital to me. Idk what to say about this episode, it's not a terrible episode by any means but it felt a little underwhelming to me. Probably how I feel with this season, it looks movie-level with the digital effects used for action with some solid mix of cinematography used but there's nothing else really going for it. One more episode at least is remaining for this season, and I will give ufotable praise for animating it with high standards consistently for a TV anime with a movie presence to it.
Feb 6, 2022 8:18 AM
Jul 2018
CrimsonChaoz said:

Wow!! I can change the location of my heart when I got stab unnoticed from behind,, Wow!! I can be immune to poison... it seems like all of the enemy's attack is just for a SHOCKING moment and no consequences whatsoever. loss all values now going forward...

Very disappointing , but other than that The Animation is top notch and very good.
Clearly you never watched Demon Slayer...In Season 1 it is already hinted that Inosuke can manipulate part of his body.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
anime-primeFeb 6, 2022 9:02 AM
Feb 6, 2022 8:20 AM

Jul 2012
God damn. What an ending.
Feb 6, 2022 8:21 AM

Feb 2020
One of the best episodes for sure in demon slayer. Enjoyed it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2022 8:22 AM
Dec 2021
Damn this was so fucking good. The best of the best animation,just so damn good man.
Feb 6, 2022 8:23 AM
Feb 2021
Rikom285 said:
CrimsonChaoz said:

Clearly you never watched Demon Slayer...In Season 1 it is already hinted that Inosuke can manipulate part of his body.

Can manipulate body part doesn't mean you can do it when you got stabbed UNNOTICED by an enemy , that just say asspull plot armor if you asked me. then what's the point in surprised attack!? just for shocking moment!? lol

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
anime-primeFeb 6, 2022 9:02 AM
Feb 6, 2022 8:24 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ufotable has taken the Shounen template and taken it to the next level visually. Mindblowing animation.
FarabeufFeb 6, 2022 8:30 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 6, 2022 8:24 AM

Jul 2020
Ho-ly shit... My jaw dropped on this episode, and they ended it with cliffhanger bro!! Cant FUCKKKIIN wait for the next episode!
Feb 6, 2022 8:25 AM

Jul 2017
All hope is lost for Tanjiro: Uzui, Inosuke, Zenitsu, his own sister Nezuko...he's quite the self-inflictor of trouble. And when all it takes is his dream of the past with Nezuko's pep talk, it's reason enough to try again.

But damn, Gyutaro's talking-down of the Demon Slayers is enough to make one fear of his/her own life, and Tanjiro certainly felt that with his heart and bones crushed to the very inner depths of his soul. And all it took is the iconic headbutt and the poison-infused Kunai to reinvigorate that, along with Zenitsu keeping Daki busy while Tanjiro tries his best to behead Gyutaro.

Quite literally an awakening moment for Uzui to come back alive and face-off against Gyutaro, and this already surpasses whatever Ufotable has done with Season 1 and the Mugen Train equivalent. Tanjiro literally went Plus Ultra and beyond with finally being able to behead Gyutaro while Inosuke and Zenitsu carried the same with Daki.

BUT, this isn't the end...and the hour-long finale next week (translated to ~48 mins ish) will prove yet again the cruciality and popularity of Demon Slayer as a whole.

This episode WAS LITERALLY SAKUGA-FEST ALL AT ONCE. Bravo, Ufotable, BRAVO.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
anime-primeFeb 6, 2022 9:06 AM
Feb 6, 2022 8:27 AM
Sep 2021
AN EPIC EPISODE!!!

I love how Tanjiro bounce back from his despair. I love how ufotable made another epic fight scene. Sasuga, ufotable!
Feb 6, 2022 8:27 AM

Jun 2016
LETSGOO !!!!

this animation is just beyond top-notch!!! this is insane !!!
Feb 6, 2022 8:28 AM

Apr 2018
That was easily the best episode ive ever seen in recent years, the visual, voice acting, animation, direction and overall presentation is godly, even better than the infamous episode 19. It's crazy that after episode 9, many people thinks that ufotable is running out of 'gas' because the sakuga in episode 9 was weaker than EP6 and EP8, but yet again ufotable exceeds all expectations with its godly sakuga in episode 10.
Feb 6, 2022 8:32 AM

Dec 2020
Damn, this fight for me tops even Saber Alter vs. Berserker which I held regard as the Best Animated Fight of all time.
Ufotable continuing to outdo themselves. They don't have any competition except themselves.

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Feb 6, 2022 8:32 AM
boop boop

Mar 2018
You know I never expected ufotable to hold THIS LEVEL FOR 6 STRAIGHT EPISODES WHAT THE FUCK??
死だけが確実
Feb 6, 2022 8:33 AM
Mar 2016
Every single time I think "this anime can't possibly get better than this" something like THIS happens...
Feb 6, 2022 8:34 AM
Aug 2017
This episode proves that people who hates Kimetsu no Yaiba, just don't like anime. Simple like that.

Flawless execution, magnific animation, apotheotic climax. What else you could expect from an ACTION anime? This is insane. We watching history on the industry right now.

This is Kimetsu no Yaiba bro... I'm so happy to be alive and watch this. Man, i don't know what to say, this episode was some of the most incredible things that i've ever watched.

If you love anime. You love Kimetsu.
Feb 6, 2022 8:35 AM

Feb 2021
This was THE best Demon Slayer fight until now.

That was one of the best fight scene animations I've seen across any anime until now. Just how high are Ufotables standards??

The slayer mark moment was pure hype. Not to mention Zenitsu using god speed was just fricking amazing.

I'm just super grateful to see KNY ep10 and AOT S4P2 ep5. Both these episodes had sheer hype moments and were thoroughly enjoyable.
DeonXFeb 6, 2022 8:51 AM

Feb 6, 2022 8:35 AM

Mar 2021
Tanjiro :- dying due to the poison

Nezuko:- Let me tell you a story how our mother fought a boar with a headbutt
Feb 6, 2022 8:36 AM

Apr 2015
Ooookay, Ufotable done it AGAIN. Just how high can they place the standards? Today's animation is just unbeatable, for real.
Feb 6, 2022 8:37 AM

Nov 2011
Incredible fucking episode. I think we might have a little foreshadowing as well when Tanjiro says "If I become a demon I hope someone in the Demon Slayer Corps beheads me" Felt like that was a major flag right there.

A lot of flashbacks of Nezuko in this episode helping Tanjiro through it. Man this dude is smart and I love Tanjiro more and more each episode. He might be my favorite Shonen Protag.

Inosuke coming back baby! LET'S GO!!! Zenitsu is pretty goated as well.

Damn though Uzui losing his arm and eye though...thats pretty damn rough. Tanjiro getting impaled in the jaw as well...curious how they will overcome this.

Damn man that ENDING
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 6, 2022 8:37 AM
Jul 2011
The episode looked amazing, but made no sense. Tanjiro has been on the grasp of death for the past 3 episodes now and yet he keeps getting deader and stronger! Inosuke can move his heart while being stabbed at Upper Moon levels of speed. Oh yeah, and poison immunity because reasons.
Feb 6, 2022 8:38 AM

Mar 2018
wow, who would have thought that none of them died when he claimed they did!!!

Tanjiro has been "beyond his limits" for like 8 episodes. How, now, does he gain the power to slash his neck, but not any other time?
Feb 6, 2022 8:38 AM

Dec 2014
Incredible episode, that was insane, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

The action sequences were crazy, the only fault I can ever find is that maybe they spent too much time on monologues in the middle of the battle but it was epic nonetheless and emotionally charged. This the kind of stuff I love.

You can really see the arrogance come off from Gyuutarou as he taunts Tanjiro but his plan to get the poisoned Kunai while pretending to run away was great, that's some inspiring determination right there.

I knew Uzui was faking it and I knew he'd be back when Tanjiro had to go on the defensive. That final sequence with Uzui + Tanjiro and Zenitsu + Inosuke beheading both heads at the same time was fantastic.

That explosion at the end caught me completely off guard though, did Gyuutarou just self destruct his body knowing he was done for or something? Seems ominous but nevertheless I'm looking forward to the conclusion of this arc.
Feb 6, 2022 8:39 AM

Nov 2014
That sure looked great. And as exciting as those action scenes are, I feel this whole fight is taking a bit too long. It doesn't help that Gyuu-whatshisname is annyoing as hell with all his talking. At least Daki is nice (in more ways than one) I guess.
Feb 6, 2022 8:40 AM
May 2021
Now this is what we call 10/10. OMG Ufotable is studio of God's. This amazing holy shit epic af 🔥🔥. 10 times more better than Mugen train animation. My god this is masterpiece episode
May 2021
I don’t usually comment on episode but honestly I am breathless, that was amazing! The movement and animation were outstanding as always but just, this was special, I cannot wait for the finale next week-

Mar 2018
stelios said:
The episode looked amazing, but made no sense. Tanjiro has been on the grasp of death for the past 3 episodes now and yet he keeps getting deader and stronger! Inosuke can move his heart while being stabbed at Upper Moon levels of speed. Oh yeah, and poison immunity because reasons.
stelios said:

That's exactly what I'm saying. Animation can only do so much, it can't hide any poor plot developments.
Feb 6, 2022 8:41 AM
Jun 2017
I feel like i forget to breath for so many secs in this episode
The picture and the fighting scenes are incredibly beautiful!
お疲れ様Ufotable You made another wonderful episode 😭😭
I just happy for mere 5 min that Usui is resume in this fight but the ending scene is …..🥺🥺
Feb 6, 2022 8:42 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Weaving in a interaction with Nezuko as a way to slap Tanjiro back into focus was a nice move while also giving Akarin some lines as well. Still back in the present with the odds so skewered against them things sure looked bleak. The head butt stab combo sure proved effective as did Zenitsu's lightning fast counterattack. But it was Tengen's explosive re entry into the fight that was the most dramatic. His fight with Gyutaro was simply beautiful. Inosuke really went to extreme lengths to survive this time huh. Shifting his internals has to be a skill unique only to him. But in the end their combined efforts finally allowed them to decap them. Still despite that hellish struggle looks like things aren't quite over yet. Have to say though once this battle is over this whole area has to be rebuilt because its been completely wrecked. Overall an brilliant ep that was filled to the brim with action and tension that showed in all of its glory Tanjiro and co's last ditch assault on Gyutaro and Daki. Really curious as to who is coming though. Looking forward to seeing next week's ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Dec 12, 2021

186 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2021

267 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 4:42 PM

» Why is Tengen so underrated? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Mar 15

52 by Leon888 »»
Apr 7, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xenocrisi - Jan 16, 2022

263 by NadiaEros »»
Apr 6, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 13, 2022

454 by MursuTG »»
Mar 26, 1:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.