Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 12, 2021 6:44 AM

Jan 2015
The aesthetics are damn awesome. The short walk/dance of the geisha in the street was mesmerizing.

The search for the wives begins! Zenitsu doesn’t like that at all lmao. Glad Uzui punched him, that’s what I wanted to see.
Love the mystery. Both Inosuke and Tanjiro seem to have heard something about two of the wives.
Tanjiro trying to refer to one of Uzui’s wives as his onee-san was hilarious, that face was priceless. ED is good! Visuals were very clean.

Last but not least, they are so damn ugly lol

XenocrisiDec 12, 2021 6:51 AM
Dec 12, 2021 6:45 AM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, this episode cracked me up. Some of the guys and their makeup look like clowns. And I know that's for some comical effect but Zenitsu playing that instrument was hilarious.

If they were aiming for some pure entertainment this season/episode, they succeeded imo.

Jun 2019
This was a fun episode. They are finally going to Entertainment District. Zenitsu was the funniest in this episode IMO. His internal thoughts about Uzui. LOL. Muthafucka gets jealous of him for having three wives. Well, aren't we all? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Uzui getting angry is also funny. LOL. They infiltrated the district disguised as girls and all three ugly girls were sold by Uzui to different households. Also, Inouske is so beautiful. :3 Zenitsu wants to be the best Oiran. LUL

Every girl is doing their own business in their respective household. Some are enjoying it and some are just forced to do it. Tanjiro's lying face was comedy gold. So many funny moments in this episode. Good episode.

Apr 2020
So the red district is full of prostitutes.
Tengen has 3 wives and it seems Zenitsu is jealous of that, lmao.

Tanjirou and the others when dressed as girls are hilarious, lmao.
This episode is very funny, an episode full of comedy, well not that bad.

Also the ED visuals are very good!
Dec 12, 2021 7:07 AM

May 2020
Damn 3 wives.... he sure is making full use of his good looks, Uzui the sound hasira. But for now the trio of Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke are off to three different households disguised as girls, well it's a part of the mission, so you can't complain.

Getting a feeling that his wives aren't in very best condition, so will be better for all three of them to be cautious for the time being.
Dec 12, 2021 8:24 AM

Jul 2017
The intro was absolutely hilarious, as expected of the God of Festivals Sound Hashira Uzui Tengen. Seeing them through Zenitsu's reaction is just the best thing ever, but whatever it is, we're off to the Entertainment District!

The grandiose atmosphere of the Yoshiwara Entertainment District is immediately apparent, and each person takes it differently. The first plan to find Uzui's polygamy of 3 wives (Tokito's Suma, Ogimoto's Makio, and Kyougoku's Hinatsuru), and Zenitsu really takes it the wrong way lols.

The disguises of Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke into ugly, drab women, undoubtedly is batshit hilarious, while Uzui really fits well into the disguise anesthetic. While the Oiran parade with Koinatsu of the Tokito House is flashy, the 3 demon slayers in their drab immediately get employed by each of the respective Houses to different lengths of immensity. Inosuke is just suffering and can't do anything outrageous; Zenitsu's outrage will never end; and Tanjiro, despite being found out a bit, still manages to douse his disguise, while his lies almost gave him away for his honest personality.

Makio of the Ogimoto House, she's the first to be discovered, and how will Inosuke or Uzui ever save her?
Dec 12, 2021 8:29 AM

Apr 2017
Finally we can see the ed song and as always the visuals is great
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
Dec 12, 2021 8:37 AM

Sep 2017
Questionable that they've managed even this long without being discovered as boys lol. I think for the most part that's just to play into the comedy and not rly become a plot thing. Plus we're already potentially about to encounter a demon so we hitting the ground running.
Dec 12, 2021 8:40 AM

Dec 2020
zenitsu being the only sane mf for the first 2 minutes there, treasuring that moment for sure. im really liking this team with the trio + uzui lol, real fun interactions from them

im so glad that zenitsu didnt just drool all over the floor while he's at the entertainment district bc i dont think i could handle that, it'd be beyond annoying. the trio dressed up as girls DAMN. and we're gonna be seeing that for a few eps better get used to clown faced zenitsu😭😭

ED SO CLEANNN i cant seem to bring myself to skip the ed or op they're just really fun to watch
Dec 12, 2021 8:42 AM
Oct 2016
The entertainment district infiltration has begun! Uzui is taking the trio there to go undercover inside the brothels where is three wives already were investigating. The scene at the beginning of the episode with Uzui laying down the law with the boys was so funny. Claiming himself to be the god of festivals and flashyness. Tanjiro and Inosuke completely buying into it, I loved it. The later scene too where Uzui explains what their mission is and all about his wives was equally hilarious. Zenitsu being so taken aback by Uzui having multiple wives. Not believing Uzui and then becoming angry at how pretty Uzui is on top of having multiple wives. The entire first half of the episode was comedy that I enjoyed. Lots of people have problems with the comedy in demon slayer its used well to ease us forward with the current arc. Establishing a tone between the boys and Uzui.

Tanjiro and then Inosuke being taken in by two of the three houses Uzui needs them to investigate. Zenitsu having to be basically sold away for nothing cause he was so ugly with that makeup. But becoming a great player of the Shamisen. Tanjiro talking to the Oiran of the house hes in, trying to figure out what happened to the Uzui wife whom was there. Knowing she wouldn't just run away. Inosuke hearing about the Uzui wife whom was at the house he's in. Uzui is right about there being an upper rank demon around. She's got one of his wives wrapped up for interrogation.
Dec 12, 2021 8:48 AM

May 2020
the only thing thats worth watching in ep2 lol

Dec 12, 2021 8:57 AM

Feb 2018
Nice episode, I really love the shamisen part. Also I just realized that Zenitsu has enhanced hearing, so him having perfect pitch is no suprise.
Dec 12, 2021 8:58 AM

May 2015
Lol, Zenitsu shamisen part was so good. xD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 12, 2021 8:59 AM

Jul 2021
It was a good episode, the interaction parts of Zenitsu and Tengen were really funny too. Maybe in the next episode there's already a battle against an Oni and I hope everything works out.
asdasdsadad
Dec 12, 2021 9:05 AM

Nov 2016
Ganbare Zenitsu!

Lmao, was waiting for the terrible disguise. Sorry, that was everything but flamboyant. Tengen is still an ehem charismatic enough guy to make up for that disaster. Only the Ogimoto house struck gold or so they think.

Such an enjoyable episode. There were some funny moments and I love the flair of this arc.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 12, 2021 9:06 AM
Jun 2021
The aesthetics of the district are so good
Hyped to see more about Tengens wifes and Demon whos holding Makio.
Dec 12, 2021 9:06 AM

Oct 2017
Uzui has three wives, what a chad.

Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Innosuke crossdressing was hilarious. Thou as expected Innosuke can easily pass off as a girl. Also the demon already makes her appearance, who could it be?
Dec 12, 2021 9:10 AM

Dec 2020
Lol they are really looking like clowns that was so funny where tanjiro is trying to say that is his onee chan this face.

Looks like inosuke and tanjiro have heard of uzui tengen wifes. Nice Ending.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Dec 12, 2021 9:12 AM

Jul 2021
This was a fun and light hearted episode. There were many funny scenes, Zenitsu's reaction to finding out Uzui has three wives was hilarious also Uzui punching Zenitsu and Inosuke was funny too xD.

We learn that sex workers have ranks in the entertainment district and there are various houses in the district and the best sex worker is called Oiran, she is skilled in many traditional arts in additon to being intelligent and being really pretty.

We also learn about something called Ashiuke which means running away from the entertainment district without paying off your debts and apparently Suma San has committed it, but if you think about it she might have been captured by the entertainment district demon like we see Makio San being captured and questioned by the demon. Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke now have the task of getting in contact with Uzui's wives. The entertainment district demon looks powerful and hot xD.

Looking forward to the next episode, hopefully we get to see some action then.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 12, 2021 9:14 AM

Aug 2021
The comedy in this ep made me laugh sometimes
Great cliffhanger with Makio being held captive somewhere
Dec 12, 2021 9:19 AM

Sep 2020
The visuals of op and ed are so great, especially the opening song by Aimer is a banger.

And the instrument scene is really funny.
Dec 12, 2021 9:21 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Zenitsu's attempt to nudge Tanjiro towards what the entertainment district is was pretty fun. Uzui really has quite the inflated ego it seems. The OP by Aimer though really is dazzling though. But the entertainment district was quite the sight all right. Thats quite the grudge that Zenitsu has developed towards Uzui though. Zenko, Sumiko and Inoko sure were creative disguises indeed. In the end its good that each of them managed to get into one of the main houses within the district. Looks like Makio was the first one that was discovered by the demons. Overall an interesting ep that did an excellent job at setting the scene by introducing the famed entertainment district to us as well as showcasing how each of the houses work within their chosen trade. From the last part looks like Inosuke will be the first to fight. The ending as well as the visuals that accompanied it sure did well to show the fact that despite the hard work needed for the trade that the people living here are having a good life.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2021 9:28 AM
Oct 2019
Natsude_tanaka said:

Ah I see you're a man of culture!
Dec 12, 2021 9:35 AM

Dec 2014
Zeniths is quite the Shamisen player. The comment that he’s a girl with a backbone because of his drive to get his revenge on Tengen made me laugh.

Pretty nice setup episode on the whole.

Curious how long Inosuke can go on without speaking. His voice would be a dead giveaway. Tanjiro not so much but I’d suspect at least a little bit. xD
Dec 12, 2021 9:37 AM
Oct 2016
the prettiest girls you ever saw lmfao

Dec 12, 2021 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
Natsude_tanaka said:

That's the good stuff.

Funny episode and a good setup. I wonder how long Inoko is gonna last...

I liked the ED.
Dec 12, 2021 9:49 AM

Jul 2017
Flat episode for me, didn't really care much for the comedy but it is nice having a refreshing setting like the Yoshiwara Red Light District to be the main setting this time around and Uzui's already showing off some vibes with revealing that he has 3 wives to the trio. And from the OP, you can tell he has some solid taste too overall. The crossdressing skits were meh but given their mission, it was bound to be like this.

I do really like the Aimer ED song too. Her anime songs besides Heaven's Feel have been hit/miss over the past few series she's been a part of but her OP and ED songs for this edition of Demon Slayer have been really good for me. I'm growing to the OP too in general although the song itself doesn't match the visuals that much. It's at least matching the vibe of the Red Light District more and more for me though so that's good.
Dec 12, 2021 9:52 AM

Jul 2012
This was great. Uzui is so different than Tomioka and Rengoku. I like him already and his chemistry with Zenitsu lol.
Dec 2019
That was a great episode and I love how Inosuke was the only one that could pull off dressing like a girl, while Zenitsu is considered ugly. I love the art it's so good even though there was no action in this episode it was still really good.
Jun 2021
Tanjiro his lying face is just hilarious. Zenitsu being mad at Tengen made me burst into tears of laughter and Inosuke is just so damn gorgeous 💗💘😍💯. Just amazing
Dec 12, 2021 9:56 AM
Aug 2021
Am I the only one who thinks there is too much unfunny comedy? Like I liked the episode but there is too much comedy like it makes my enjoyability a little worse , but idk if someone feels like me.
Dec 12, 2021 10:10 AM

Mar 2021
I'VE MISSED THEM! omg. The first two episodes were so enjoyable and i wish the others will be too! Can't wait
Dec 12, 2021 10:13 AM
Mar 2021
This episode is mid over all, but their gearing up for some awesome episodes ahead.
Dec 12, 2021 10:28 AM

Jan 2009
Makio is sexy hot huh i hope she survives i almost forgot the manga already
Dec 12, 2021 10:28 AM
Aug 2016
I maybe in the minority here probably, but I am really enjoying the comedy so far. From Zenitsu burning up with jealousy to both Inosuke and Tengen having god complex is way too hilarious for me lmao.

I was not really surprised by the three wives reveal since I got spoiled after watching first episode, but the first time I heard about it, it was a pretty big shock, ngl. Looking forward to how this proceeds. Also, damn Makio got caught, I wonder what will happen to her. Really don't want any of the wives to die, would be bad :(
Dec 12, 2021 10:35 AM

Nov 2020
Joche1 said:
Am I the only one who thinks there is too much unfunny comedy? Like I liked the episode but there is too much comedy like it makes my enjoyability a little worse , but idk if someone feels like me.

Have to agree, this episode in particular took ideas that should be funny, like Zenitsu being angry about Tengen's three wives, and went overboard with them with visual gags. I've come to accept that the over the top and childish humor is just part of this story and am willing to overlook it so long as the story remains interesting with endearing characters. With that being said, this episode got a couple chuckles out of me with Inosuke's "they're probably dead" comment and Tengen's disappointed face when looking at Zenitsu after the other two got hired.
Are ya winning, diners?
Dec 12, 2021 10:53 AM

Aug 2019
I thought I heard someone say last week that the show's humour and jokes were far better this season. Chibi faces, poorly timed jokes, Zenitsu. I've just come to accept that this is part of the show's aesthetic now.

Otherwise, a decent setup episode. Solid, but nothing spectacular.
Dec 12, 2021 11:01 AM

Jun 2014
They've finally infiltrated the entertainment district and the main trio has to get their disguise game on. Aside from Inosuke, it really should be painfully obvious that the other 2 are dudes lol. Once again, more of a setup episode but we got to see one of Tengen's wives at the end and she's in a bad situation, but she's also looking uh.....quite healthy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) This man pulls. This man FUCKS. All hail Chadgen 🙏
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 12, 2021 11:03 AM
Feb 2021
I enjoyed this episode MUCH more than the Mugen Train arc and the previous episode. The less the story focuses on Rengoku, the better. Also the over-the-top cringe chibi humor was a little bit more palatable.
Dec 12, 2021 11:15 AM
Aug 2019
Am the only that thought Tengen was having a magical girl transformation sequence here bPersonally rooting for Zenitsu to succeed in his quest and also that parade scene was good especially the slow walk
AbrahamOmosunDec 12, 2021 11:18 AM
Dec 12, 2021 11:18 AM

Aug 2008
This series really shouldn't attempt to be funny, since it fails in an awful way. I thought it hit the bottom with mugen arc but this episode topped it in how badly it made me cringe. There was barely any plot progression, just garbage joke chasing garbage joke.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Dec 12, 2021 11:21 AM
May 2020
Joche1 said:

It'll be over soon. You can say pretty much all the comedy of this arc is covered up in this episode. Honestly I don't remember much comedic scenes beyond this point in the manga. It'll be all seriousness now
Dec 12, 2021 11:28 AM

Feb 2014
No idea why all the hate on the comedic aspects of the show, Zenitsu and Inosuke were pretty funny this episode, at least for a show where the comedy isn't one of the main focuses.

Also, Makio.
PunkeroDec 12, 2021 12:49 PM
Dec 12, 2021 11:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's definitely some interesting stuff in that Yoshiwara district, really fun to see the main trio crossdressing to infiltrate it ahaha, what's happening to Uzui's wives is really mysterious, but seems like they'll discover more about it soon
Dec 12, 2021 11:43 AM

Jul 2019
Humor is much better than the previous episode. It was fun.
Dec 12, 2021 11:44 AM

Apr 2007
Uzui must be blind to not notice how beautiful Inosuke is. All that makeup was unnecessary .-.

Or they all annoyed him so much he didn't care to look.
Dec 12, 2021 11:52 AM
Nov 2008
You kids realize that Tengen is the biggest CUCK of this season?
>sends his wives to go undercover as prostitutes
>lets them get fucked by random dudes

enjoy your watch!
Dec 12, 2021 11:58 AM
Nov 2019
The three of them disguising themselves as girls to get into the houses makes for some good comedy. Tanjiro struggling to make up a lie, Zenitsu being so angry he invents the electric guitar, and everything involving Inosuke was great.

Also, is there any reason Uzui's wives look gender-bent versions of the main characters?
Dec 12, 2021 12:07 PM

May 2013
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN Zenitsu went full Van Halen.
Dec 12, 2021 12:28 PM

Jun 2020
femboi tanjiro kinda 😳
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2022

536 by Term4738 »»
Yesterday, 8:02 PM

» Why is Tengen so underrated? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Mar 15

52 by Leon888 »»
Apr 7, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xenocrisi - Jan 16, 2022

263 by NadiaEros »»
Apr 6, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 13, 2022

454 by MursuTG »»
Mar 26, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2021

266 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 8:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.