Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Police in a Pod
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2022 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
It seems with each episode, Mai is learning more about her line of work along with Seiko.

Nothing too special about the client this episode although I'm glad to see some of the supporting cast get more screen time, namely Seiji. Hoping Mai keep up the good work, even if she seems inexperienced for now.
Jan 19, 2022 7:49 AM

Apr 2016
That dude should get a speeding ticket just for that terrible hair he had on his head, even tho he seems like a cool guy. Now, our main duo usually solves basic cases, but this time they got one of the most dangerous cases so far ... a petty woman, but everything ends happy when family is involved.

Not so much happy in the second case tho.
Jan 19, 2022 7:55 AM

Jul 2017
The usual police cases, such as one with speeding. But when it involves a government civil official like the Criminal Affairs ace Seiji Minamoto doing a car chase against a criminal, Mai feels the pressure while everything is normal with Seiko because they're former police academy friends.

It's a problem when women criminals all want to be dealt with by the handsome ace Minamoto, it's like special treatment, such as elderly committing shoplifting when their own families give up on them. Didn't know you could earn as much introspective from criminals with their various circumstances, it hit hard. No wonder he's called the ace, the investigative genius Sergeant Minamoto.

Another case of adults mugging young people, and Yuuta is one such regular in their police arrests. This is case of "like mother, like son", an unhealthy one. Especially when it comes to death cases, it must be treated very professionally, and I can tell that Mai's inexperience shows in the same son's case of their father-in-law's death, could be suspected foul play as well by both mother and son. That's where Criminal Affairs come in with respecting the one whom died before doing a thorough autopsy on the corpse (which isn't the easiest to do), and the result came clean that it was a natural passing. Yuuta's mother went through a lot, and at least Yuuta is now on the right track of life, even though he still hates the police.

I really respect the police force when it comes to cases like these, it's not the easiest to perform on a psychological level. This is some Uramichi-Oniichan type of adulting that's intrguing and knows how to hit the right notes when it matters most.
Jan 19, 2022 8:00 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was great. Minamoto's psychological attack worked on granny. Her grandson was good.
At last scene yuuta's mom did a great job taking care of yuuta's grandpa. Yuuta finally understood.
Jan 19, 2022 8:05 AM

Jul 2017
The episode itself was really lacking with the situations this time around and probably the most boring episode so far among the three to be honest, and a dropoff from my interest with the second episode for the content and themes tackled there. At least Yuuta at the end was seemingly on the right path to get his life together after the shit that went down beforehand, learning how fragile his mother is and what she went through. Mai's picking up some key experiences here on the job, especially on the emotional front in handling these situations.
Jan 19, 2022 8:11 AM

Feb 2020
Great episode again.

That granny was pretty funny. x3

The ending was really emotional.

SerafosJan 19, 2022 8:38 AM
Jan 19, 2022 8:30 AM

May 2020
Kinda funny how that granny was so chill, like police box is her hangout spot. Also some reality check for Mai in that second case.
Jan 19, 2022 8:31 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Does the regular police really have to do inspections on corpses?? I didn't know, also that Yuuta boy really had to wait for his grandfather to die to get a normal behavior
Jan 19, 2022 10:05 AM

Jul 2011
This episode remembers me of my regret of taking care of my grandparents. Terrible times were those.
Jan 19, 2022 11:22 AM
Sep 2015
I love the way this anime handle the second case, no dramatic music, just a simple guitar chord, no touching/tearjerking moment, just a "business as usual" mood.

And I'm gonna say that Detective Minamoto is hot, even in his usual hairstyle, I'm not sure if he'll be hotter if he change his hairstyle. Can't believe he has the same voice actor as Bisco from Sabikui Bisco.
Jan 19, 2022 11:41 AM

Nov 2016
Pushy middle aged woman at work are just uncomfortable. But this one wasn't really a Karen xD Just a lonely grandma.

Overall it felt like the most down to earth episode so far with a focus on domestic matters. Not that eventful nor hilarious, but kinda interesting to get an insight of the mundane everyday working life of Japanese police officers and certain aspects that go with it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 19, 2022 12:12 PM
Apr 2021
Man minamoto is a gigachad ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Jan 19, 2022 1:09 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Minamoto is Seiko's rival xD. He is very liked by that elderly woman who was shoplifting after her husband passed as she was lonely. Minamoto managed to convince her grandson to spend time with her by talking with him and giving him a chocolate ice cream lol. He really is a genius working with people it seems. We get to see 'You're not nice Yuuta' as well today who had cigarettes on him. His mother who came to pick him up seemed pretty depressed. We get to see why that is though as Mai and Seiko get called out for a dead body examination and it seems the dead person was Yuuta's mother father in law who was bedridden for a while and died...
They really respected the body it seems as well and it was a first experience for Mai. There wasn't a single blemish on his back at all even though he was bedridden for such a long time-Yuuta's mother really appreciated the words from the police about that.
Yuuta also came to school! Quite an emotional episode.

Looking forward to the next episode!

AISHITERU...REM!
Jan 19, 2022 1:33 PM

Apr 2020
Old women are the stars of this episode. One feels loneliness after her man's death, while the other feels relief after a death. Thank goodness, nothing happened suspicious in this episode.
Jan 19, 2022 1:41 PM

Feb 2014
No wonder Minamoto is called a genius ace detective. His hairstyle is a bit interesting, but you can't deny his skills and natural charisma are effective. It's not surprise that grandma had the hots for him, but it's also thanks to him that she can build bridges with her daughter and grandson again.

The second half of the episode dealt with a more serious matter of a deceased man. I don't blame Mai for feeling a little uneasy with the examination on the corpse, but the way they handled it, along with some nice works from Seiko to Yuuta's Mother, helped them both mentally. At Yuuta is acting a lot nicer now, even if he can't deal with police officers at all.

All in all, this was another good episode. =)
Jan 19, 2022 1:46 PM

Apr 2018
I do like the way in this it shows certain effects on an aging population - especially in Japan as its a big problem there

First you have a very lonely woman who acts out and shoplifts because her family is not around and husband died, she just wants attention and companionship really, also whats the point in making meals when theres no one to enjoy it with you.

In the second you have a woman going through the stresses and strains of being essentially a single parent while caring for an elderly relative - her father in law - and wearing herself out doing so

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 19, 2022 3:25 PM
Jul 2018
I loved this episode but it wasn't bad it was just nice to watch, grandpa's body body he was really well I was even surprised.
Jan 19, 2022 3:48 PM

Aug 2020
Yuuta changed lol knowing her mother's hardships. Good ep

» [The World's Continuationใ€ไธ–็•Œใฎใคใฅใใ€‘- UTA/Ado โ™ช] «
0:00 ใ€‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ 4:55
โ†บ |โ— II โ–ท| โ™ก

โœฆ Come and Join us! โœฆ
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary โœฟ
โœฟ DeaD Blossoms โœฟ
Jan 19, 2022 3:52 PM
Nov 2019
do Japanese cops really have to investigate every single corpse even tho its most likely they died due to illness and old age ? in Germany that's definetly not part of the job ..
Jan 19, 2022 4:07 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So this week we have a case in which an older woman was shoplifting just to get attention from the ace in Criminal Affairs Seiji Minamoto. She did a complete 180 when she saw her grandson. The other case involved the passing of a bedridden man in his home. Turns out that the man Yuuta's mom was taking care of him while raising her son and it took a toll on her. This caused Yutta to turn his life around and go back to school.
Jan 19, 2022 4:39 PM

Sep 2020
I just knew Yuuta was ultimately going to be a good chump the moment he opened his mouth and Fukushima Jun's voice came out.
Jan 19, 2022 5:00 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Another great episode, just like last week this one has a good mix of serious moments and comedic moments. Definitely loved the the first part with the grandma and her grandson, and the 2nd half was great too, I never knew much of the specifics when it comes to how police deal with a dead body, and I found it very interesting here, and it was very feelsy at the end of it, really loved that. Also loved Yuuta’s character arc, the surprise Kawai and Funji had was hilarious.

I also like the new guy, Minamoto, I didn’t expect his character to be the way it is based on his design, but I like his addition already.
Jan 19, 2022 8:15 PM

Jul 2016
A couple of minutes of introduction and Minamoto already became the most likeable character in the show.

Pretty nice episode overall. It sure was interesting to know how Japanese police deal with deceased people.
SouthRzVaJan 19, 2022 8:18 PM
Jan 19, 2022 8:28 PM
May 2021
This was a great episode, I actually loved this one episode over anything else released since the New Year.

I have a feeling that from here on were going to be treated to more excellent episodes.

Well, it's about time they got the cop theme to balance out in a good way.

No otaku moments, no mecha, no superhuman violence.

Yay!

I'm happy.

I'm not dropping this.
Jan 20, 2022 12:56 AM

Jun 2019
Love how tender, humble, often down to Earth and intergenerational and family-oriented this is, giving the perspectives of both different ages and age groups and sexes, as well as different familial roles and even different professional/occupational roles within the police department and intersecting government agencies. It's getting the fusion of moods just right and is not reluctant to be quiet, plain, and conservative in presentation; knows it doesn't always have to be bombastic and loud to make a scene better or more effective.

This is the kind of series that it's so easy to relax to, because the color palette is warm, the characters already have a friendly and quickly familiarized dynamic with each other, and it can be lighthearted and cozy even when approaching some of the more contentious and serious topics out there, but still has enough of the issues concerning the law and law enforcement's involvement with the general public, family life, public welfare and social issues, etc. that it gives you something to engage your brain as well.

A nice and realism-based, gentle Slice of Life dramedy - I feel like there should be way more of these and I could without question comfortably watch 1000 different ones centered on different jobs and walks of life. The art style helps a lot too and is a welcome deviation. The Aquatope on White Sand from 2021 was sort of like that - being to aquariums and aquarium workers as what this is to police, but still very different (that ended up a little more focused on melodrama and attention split between larger cast). That was also more iyashikei and coming-of-age with younger main characters. This has more of a sitcom feel, but a lot of sitcoms also used to be mixed dramedies and also cover some major issues.
WatchTillTandavaJan 20, 2022 1:09 AM
Jan 20, 2022 4:58 AM
Nov 2019
Don’t compare to real life….

I mean If it was real life or based on real life Japanese policing

The coroner would of been called for the death of that old man in this episode . No parademics or health professionals where called on to the scene ๐Ÿคฆ .

And before any one quotes my comment…

I am Nearly 30… and have friends in police and healthcare
And I can assure you all countries follow similar rules to dealing with natural deaths or suspicious deaths

So don’t give me any of that…

Have you been to japan or what do you know
Or I am an expert on policing in japan…. Just cause I watch anime lol ๐Ÿ˜†
Jan 20, 2022 4:59 AM
Nov 2019
kabooomi said:
do Japanese cops really have to investigate every single corpse even tho its most likely they died due to illness and old age ? in Germany that's definetly not part of the job ..

It’s not based on real life policing dude….
Jan 20, 2022 6:01 AM

Oct 2016
Really good episode, especially the second part with Yuuta's family. They really like to hit us with surprise feels. While this episode has the least fun value, it had one of the best moments of the show so far overall, because that is some real shit.

Honestly was expecting the worse at the end there, that they killed the grandpa, because yada yada cost cutting, so I really liked the twist there. Minamoto's pretty cool too. Looking forward to the next episode
Jan 20, 2022 11:15 AM

Apr 2010
Always show respect for the death, and they certainly where respectful.
It also seemed the so learned a few things even tho it was in a bad situation, hopefully he can better his life.
Jan 20, 2022 2:25 PM

Dec 2013
A pretty sad case for the end of the episode and I was ready to get the "madam, you killed him didn't you?" but it was instead super touching with a nice uplifting ending.
Jan 21, 2022 2:00 AM

Dec 2009
The last story with the old man passing away was quite emotional though. The mother did an amazing job, all respects to her! I can somewhat relate since my mother was doing all this as well a few years ago, so I can really feel a connection.

All in all, this show is not the very best, but still I enjoy watching it. It would deserve a better score too.
Jan 21, 2022 9:17 AM

Mar 2014
Not bad not bad, now that they are actually doing more important police work (since this also is a comedy, I thought they just gonna something trivial)
Jan 21, 2022 3:53 PM

May 2021
Is this the police or family therapy? This dude just fixed an entire family with a popsicle

Jan 22, 2022 6:42 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn i never expect an afro dude on the op actually another police officer too, not to mention he's actually Fuji classmate, and her ace role substitute on the Criminal Affairs Division. Quite a rival sparks there, and as always Mai was about to learn a lesson from her encounter about some case this time.

Elderly woman with her trouble when reaching that lonely age, even if its started out from her own ego. Shoplifting and met handsome dude became a way to cure it. At the end, the afro police showed his speciality, using her daughter, even straightly to her grandson, and its over, directly hit the old woman trouble. Thats it? Nope. When the poor soul were about to enjoy the meals, call suddenly arrived and forced them to move. Its actually lead to another 'serious' lesson for Mai. Attending and took a part of a live examination must be hard, and make a sure, you know the body final words. Nice case, and its sure twisted me for a while about the truth, and hopefully those Chinpira will stop for real troubling his mother....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 24, 2022 12:23 AM

Dec 2020
ahh! finally, we got to meet the 4th character from the op, minamoto. despite coming out on the bottom of his class he seems to be doing a pretty good job? handling situations psychologically at least. he handles them nice and cleanly

i liked that last part with that yuuta kid a lot. him going to school after knowing what his mom went through just waghhh lovely
Jan 24, 2022 12:27 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That was a really touching episode. The first part with a elderly woman who's lonely, which I can totally see a life like that spiraling downwards. When I was younger, I heard adults talking about what would they do when their kids are all out of the house. Some had things they wanted to do for themselves of course, like traveling, while others felt that family was their life. Like doing housework, dropping off and picking up their kids from school, thinking of what to cook, etc. So for the woman, she didn't have any motivation to do things because she had always been doing things for someone. I'm glad the grandson was a good kid and apologized for not having seen her lately, and told her to tell him if she has any problems.

As for the second part, I knew when they flipped over the grandfather's body that they were looking for bed sores, and didn't find any. Being a caretaker is hard work, and while I was in a "caretaking" position to my sister when she had cancer, I was never able to to take care of her well, unlike Yuuta's mother did. When Fuji acknowledged Yuuta's mother's hard work and care for her father-in-law, it made me cry not only because she deserved to be acknowledged, but it also further hit home that I did a terrible job and couldn't even attend to my sister to the point that she had a bad bed sore which I didn't know of. Minamoto telling Kawai to do these things with a clear mind was something that I needed to hear back then.

I wanted to address the current post #26 because I'm not really planning on replying to a possible reply, but the mangaka worked as a prefectural police for around 10 years (source: interview in Japanese https://business.nikkei.com/atcl/interview/15/284031/042300030/). While she did say that even though she worked as a police for 10 years, there were a lot of things she still didn't know, but I would think that she didn't just make up the process of examining a dead body where the place of death wasn't in a hospital. I did find this, and it seems a bit different from how they immediately handled the death in this episode. Since we don't know the scope of the mangaka's own experiences as a police, it could be possible that she's wrong about the process, or it could be a prefectural SOP?

-------------------------------

WatchTillTandava said:

Wonderfully said! This is exactly how I feel about the series so far and what I appreciate about it ^^
Jan 25, 2022 7:15 AM

Oct 2011
Minamoto, best man...

on the second story, for a moment I thought something fishy was going on, when the woman said her father in law was on bed for two years and his back was all clean and good
but was just she taking care of him very well...

ps; this sort of job with corpses is handled by this type of policemen in japan? kind of surprised here... I mean, the girls are just regular polices from a police station, dealing with trafic, minor robberies, students smoking and suddenly are helping with a necropsy XD
Jan 27, 2022 4:37 PM

Feb 2012
Minamoto, the fourth character from the opening introduced. The fact Mai almost gave him a speeding ticket for a chase. Near-blunder.

That lady won't spill any beans unless the Minamoto is the one who interrogates her lmao. Hearing her life after being windowed is damn depressing. Minamoto bringing her daughter and grandson, talking things over with him made him the MVP.

When Yutta's grandfather's death was reported, I feared for the worse. Fortunately there was no crime. So Yutta acts this way and never gets reprimanded by his mother because she's too busy taking care of her bed-ridden father-in-law, so careful that there were no bruises or lesions on his corpse. After he turns a new leaf and heads back to school, Fuji and Mai can't help but stick their noses in.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 28, 2022 11:28 PM

Dec 2016
Their cases are so interesting.
Our country and our police are not at all so mindful about minors having cigarettes.

I was impressed to see how Japan police work so appropriately and respectfully when they receive a case about someone dying.

At first I was like oh I kinda want to be a police but after that feces scene...ok I don't wanna XD

I thought it would be like the mother did something to her father-in-law but in the end it was so unexpected and so touching. Good thing Yuuta started going to school seriously.
Rickydory123Jan 28, 2022 11:41 PM
Feb 3, 2022 6:48 AM

Oct 2017
The dude with the curvy hair finally makes his appearance and he seems like a nice guy. Both of the stories in this episode were pretty nice.
Feb 18, 2022 2:14 AM

Jun 2019
Wow... that was something else. Minamoto is a great guy. Also, the second case with Yuuta's mother taking care of his grandpa was very wholesome and emotional.
Feb 20, 2022 8:54 AM

Dec 2016
Hashiriya_weeb87 said:
kabooomi said:

It’s not based on real life policing dude….

Author of the manga was actually a koban officer and served for a little more than 10 years, so she's an actual former cop. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2022-01-07/police-in-a-pod-manga-creator-shares-her-motivation-for-creating-the-series/.181299

@kabooomi
In Europe or at least in Poland medical workers are doing that and most of the time in dissecting rooms by forensic pathologist, if there is no evidence/suggestion of a crime.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
May 16, 2022 2:49 AM

Jul 2015
Be it your grandson or your mother, a caring family member sure can change a person for the positive. I kinda feared some dark twist in the second case but glad that didn't happen.

May 29, 2022 2:09 AM

Dec 2013
Wow. I like this episode. Especially the part about Yuuta and his mom. That was touching

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Jun 13, 2022 7:26 PM

Nov 2018
I clearly wasn't expecting a modern hard hitting show like this when I started it assuming by the poster and designs that it would be a mostly comedic (even absurdist) driven police anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2022

37 by Nnightwing »»
Aug 30, 2023 10:50 AM

Poll: » Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2022

124 by RinCuk »»
May 26, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2022

45 by imjayhime »»
Apr 15, 2023 8:21 PM

Poll: » Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2022

37 by Assassin2112 »»
Feb 24, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2022

39 by _kukiyomenai »»
Dec 24, 2022 4:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.