Forum Settings
Forums

'Seirei Gensouki' Receives Second Anime Season

New
Nov 5, 2021 7:37 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014

The official website of the television anime adaptation of Yuri Kitayama's Seirei Gensouki (Spirit Chronicles) light novel announced a second season on Friday.

Produced by TMS Entertainment, the anime aired in 12 episodes in Summer 2021. Funimation streamed the anime with subtitles and English dub as it aired in Japan.

Kitayama launched the adventure fantasy novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in February 2014 and also began publishing side stories on Hobby Japan's Novel Up+ website in December 2019. The publisher began printing the novel with illustrations by Riv the following October. The 20th volume was shipped on September 1.

Synopsis
When 20-year-old college student Haruto Amakawa dies in a traffic accident, he does not expect to wake up in an unfamiliar world in the body of a young boy named Rio. As their memories and personas fuse, Rio realizes that he now also possesses magical powers. He is relieved to find that his burning passion for revenge against his mother's murderers has not subsided, despite his newly changed identity.

Not soon after, Rio comes across the kidnapped princess of the Bertram Kingdom and saves her without hesitation. To express his gratitude, the king grants him the opportunity to enroll in the Bertram Royal Academy. Believing this to be a new chapter in his life, he is excited to study at this prestigious academy, but life here proves to be difficult for him, a slum-dweller surrounded by the majestic children of nobles. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Announcement

Official site: https://seireigensouki.com/
Official Twitter: @seireigensouki

Source: Comic Natalie

Seirei Gensouki 2nd Season on MAL
DatRandomDudeNov 6, 2021 8:17 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 5, 2021 7:46 AM

Jul 2015
Despite being an absolute crime upon originality, this garbage is getting second season.
Looks like nowadays we fail upwards.

Nov 5, 2021 7:48 AM

Apr 2014
hahaha yeeaaahhhh.....

more Seirei Gensouki = more Tomoriru
何それ?意味分かんない
Nov 5, 2021 7:49 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm not surprised, the anime ended on such an open cliffhanger that it would have been criminal to just pull a "Go and read the LN to find out what happens" bit and not renew it for another season
Nov 5, 2021 7:50 AM

Apr 2012
Piromysl said:
Despite being an absolute crime upon originality, this garbage is getting second season.

I find it intriguing that just about every title hated by the gaijin gets a sequel this year.
Nov 5, 2021 7:53 AM
Jan 2020
The all god mighty harem king Yoshitsugu, Matsuoka is at it again. I heard they butchered this by adapting like 5 Volumes or something?
Nov 5, 2021 7:54 AM

Sep 2020
What in the... Was this really that good of an tv adaptation? I can't even muster a will to watch this after reading the manga.

Nov 5, 2021 7:54 AM

Feb 2020
I did say, just like with Kimisen,that id probably like this more if it got a 2nd season. Maybe.

Not a big surprise tho, considering it's one of the top-selling LN series this year I think
Nov 5, 2021 8:03 AM

Sep 2020
just an average anime nothing more
prefer to see TMS to work on its better projecs
Nov 5, 2021 8:07 AM
Jan 2021
why? just why tf would you do this shit man
Nov 5, 2021 8:08 AM

Jul 2015
RobertBobert said:
Piromysl said:

I find it intriguing that just about every title hated by the gaijin gets a sequel this year.

I don't think it is a secret, that Japan cares little to nothing what foreigners like or not.
Anime is made by Japan for Japan, afterall.
SAO is the most popular series worldwide, Symphogear received five whole seasons of repetitive BS. It seems to be baffling, but this is happening.

Nov 5, 2021 8:16 AM

Oct 2017
Nice more isekai stuff to watch.
Nov 5, 2021 8:21 AM

Jul 2017
I'm just crossing my fingers to see if Season 2 can ever AT THE VERY LEAST make the LN justifiable.
Nov 5, 2021 8:32 AM

Sep 2020
Nothing can surprise me anymore.
I am a useless student of society.
Tests are my body and Grades are my blood.
I have done over a thousand assignments.
Unseen by teachers,
nor done properly.
Yet, those hands shall never hold an outstanding grade.
So, as I pray...
Unlimited Homeworks.
Nov 5, 2021 8:33 AM

Apr 2012
Piromysl said:
RobertBobert said:

I don't think it is a secret, that Japan cares little to nothing what foreigners like or not.
SAO is the most popular series worldwide, Symphogear received five whole seasons of repetitive BS. It seems to be baffling, but this is happening.

It's obvious, but it's still funny that this kind of thing happens so often. Also, do you think SG is a bad show? But it was popular both in the West and in Japan itself.
Nov 5, 2021 8:39 AM

Feb 2014
Cool, with a terrible open ending like that, they couldn't just leave fans hanging.
Nov 5, 2021 8:41 AM

Apr 2011
Been waiting for an announcement and thank goodness it didn't take too long.

Despite its criticisms I like this anime.
Nov 5, 2021 9:00 AM

Jul 2015
RobertBobert said:
Piromysl said:

It's obvious, but it's still funny that this kind of thing happens so often. Also, do you think SG is a bad show? But it was popular both in the West and in Japan itself.

It's not only bad, but the lack of effort author put is insulting. He literally "copied the homework" and got paid for it. I'm still baffled, that SAO author did not wrote a copyright lawsuit.

Nov 5, 2021 9:03 AM

Apr 2012
Piromysl said:
RobertBobert said:

It's not only bad, but the lack of effort author put is insulting. He literally "copied the homework" and got paid for it. I'm still baffled, that SAO author did not wrote a copyright lawsuit.

This show is a mile away from my tastes, so I don't know. I heard it was mostly financially successful due to the very good soundtrack, though.
Nov 5, 2021 9:56 AM

May 2012
This one of better isekai in last season. I'm happy it got 2nd season !!
Nov 5, 2021 10:23 AM

Jun 2016
If this is getting a second season, there is still hope that the best anime ever Isekai Cheat Magician will get another season. You can't have one without the other.

Nov 5, 2021 11:00 AM
Jun 2021
LETS FREKIN GOO, I've been waiting for this announcement for ages. Im so happy this is getting a season 2, haters begone, this is one of the best isekai out there rn :DDD I literally flipped out when I returned to my pc and saw a notification of this getting a season 2 haha. Cant wait to see more of rio and his friends ;)
Nov 5, 2021 11:45 AM

Mar 2020
HAHAHAHA
this makes all three new iseaki of 2020 summer with a new season lets go
Nov 5, 2021 12:09 PM

Jul 2013
A-Simple-Squire said:
If this is getting a second season, there is still hope that the best anime ever Isekai Cheat Magician will get another season. You can't have one without the other.

Then people would go on withdrawals if that'd happened

OT: They better not messed this up, I don't expect a faithful adaptation, I just expect a good one. Another good thing I finally get to see

Nov 5, 2021 12:20 PM
Jan 2021
Not gonna lie, this was kind of enjoyable. Happy to see it adapting more volumes
Nov 5, 2021 1:58 PM

May 2009
Dragevard said:
Secret to getting a Season 2:

Have Matsuoka, Yoshitsugu voice the MC

Didn't help NGNL.
Nov 5, 2021 2:30 PM
Aug 2020
What waste getteing second sesason , you was hoping getting glod adapation but no , leț get bar adaption
Nov 5, 2021 3:36 PM

Mar 2014
A-Simple-Squire said:

Dont forget Master of Ragnarok and Isekai wa Smartphone.

Piromysl said:
RobertBobert said:

Lesbogear BS is the right type of BS, a nonsensical Rule of Cool.
S2 was easily the best, however.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Nov 5, 2021 3:47 PM

Mar 2012
bastek66 said:
Dragevard said:
Secret to getting a Season 2:

Have Matsuoka, Yoshitsugu voice the MC

Didn't help NGNL.

NGNL new anime annoucement will come by the end of the month, feel free to call me a liar if nov 30th passes with no annoucement but if it does, say im the best
Nov 5, 2021 3:51 PM

Jul 2015
Fabris said:
A-Simple-Squire said:

Piromysl said:

Lesbogear BS is the right type of BS, a nonsensical Rule of Cool.
S2 was easily the best, however.

I can agree with that. After S2 they ran out of ideas and series went downhill. They tried to salvage and milk this using more elaborate eye candy, but in the end this repulsive blonde bimbo drag it down eventually all by herself.
Typical case of a show overstating it's welcome.

Spirit Chronicles reached that threshold by the end of 3rd episode.

Nov 5, 2021 4:07 PM
Sep 2019
I hope they don't rush it this time. S2 contains two of my favorite Volumes from this series. For the love of God please don't butcher it this time.
Nov 5, 2021 6:24 PM

Sep 2016
Japan being based as always lesgooooo.

Fabris said:

Master of Ragnarok is a finished story, so no S2 possible.
Also, except the absence of world building and the rushed last episode it was actually very good (chad MC deflecting all advances and sisterzoning all his harem, as well as the whole thing being wholesome with no lewd scenes AT all, also he wasn't an OP protag so he used his power of guidance and strategy to win his battles).
And Isekai Smartphone, albeit not impressive story-telling wise and random harem-ecchi, was still fun to watch.

Next time try to mention actually trash isekai, like, idk, Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu, the first 7 episodes of 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru (after those it becomes more decent, but still at a low level, and 7 eps are too many to start up the plot...), Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? or Conception.
Shitting on random names of the genre just because you hate the genre as a whole and using bad examples is...lol.
FullyChargedNov 5, 2021 6:35 PM
bruh
Nov 5, 2021 6:27 PM

Mar 2015
Letssss goooooooooooooo!!!
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Nov 5, 2021 6:51 PM
May 2021
LET'S GOOO, GET TO SEE WAIFU AGAIN
KOMI IS CUTE ASF
Nov 5, 2021 7:34 PM
Jun 2019
OMG let's fckin go, eventho the BD sales is not that good, but the anime really boosted the LN sales, so yeah. Anw, they ended season 1 with a fckin cliffhanger so yeah this is to be expected
Nov 5, 2021 8:47 PM
Feb 2021
I think it is a good anime but the fighting parts should need more duration.
I hope in 2nd season it should be fulfilled.
I have good expectations for this anime because I have read the light novel and it is a good anime.
Nov 5, 2021 10:07 PM

Jun 2021
A-Simple-Squire said:

Cheat Kukushi no Slow Life is way better than Seirei Gensouki, so bad that Cheat Kukushi is not that popular for season 2
"Nobody fears death itself, but the life that leads to it. If you could die without suffering, no one would fear death, would you?".
- Magata Shiki
Nov 5, 2021 11:25 PM

Aug 2018
LETSSSS GOOOOO so excited for S2
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Nov 6, 2021 4:30 AM

Apr 2015
Now this was so much needed after the way they decided to end S1 on. Looking forward to more Celia!
Nov 6, 2021 5:39 PM

May 2014
GREAT NEWS.
I love this series.
### ||| 私はアニメと日本文化が大好きです ||| ###"Kago-ni noru hito, katsugu hito, sono mata waraji-o tsukuru." ###
Nov 7, 2021 3:56 AM
Oct 2020
Awesome isekai anime I love it. Waiting for next season... Please provide information about second season..
Nov 7, 2021 4:55 AM

Oct 2015
Well deserved loved the 1st season and cant wait for the 2nd season to start after that clifhanger ending... Keep thoose isekai coming JPN !!!
Nov 7, 2021 6:11 AM
Oct 2020
ok this is unexpected news
Nov 7, 2021 11:41 AM

Jul 2019
I really liked the anime, I hope they improve the animation and don't skip important parts of the story! Come soon second season.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Nov 10, 2021 9:05 AM

Nov 2013
Only if I really really had nothing to watch.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Nov 11, 2021 6:08 AM

Jul 2017
OH GOD HAVE I DREADED THIS DAY.

But fingers crossed because Season 2 is where the story truly starts.
Dec 4, 2021 5:27 AM

Jul 2016
Another sequel that is unexpected, so why rushed the story? Seems the anime is doing good. Im gonna watched it because the anime is decent

Feb 20, 2022 8:27 AM
Oct 2016
Punkero said:
Cool, with a terrible open ending like that, they couldn't just leave fans hanging.
, yea, ending was trash, but i cannot wait for season 2, see how they continue the anime
Apr 25, 2022 1:31 PM

Apr 2022
Unbelievable.. I was pretty much digging this show the entire time, I very much appreciated how the protagonist was a bit less of a cliche than most animes of it's variety. Don't get me wrong he still acted like a fool when any woman showed interest, to chicken shit to admit his feelings and Also to chicken to make any real advices on any of the woman he's leading on, (which is getting so old) but at least he only squealed like a little girl a few times, instead of every 5min. Then finally when he does make a move and sweeps teech up off her feet, they end the season with a group of new women from Japan (including the original love of his life)
Just being teleported down in huge beems of light. Completely different from the way him and the little girl were Reincarnated, I mean it literally doesn't make sense and how stupid. So much for that wonderful life he just finished promising his teacher 3min prior. I mean then they end the episode. Worst forkin cliff hanger ever, honestly it turned the show from a 9 to 3😪. Soo bummed out.
-Dr. Suggestion
-Dwraz123
-D.W.
Apr 25, 2022 1:45 PM

Apr 2022
I hade the show pegged as at least a 9/10, until the last 5 minutes of episode 12. That is byfar one of the most ridiculous cliff hangers I've ever seen and completely out of its element. Not to mention a serious buzz kill on all the sparks flying between him and teacher,totally killed the mood,💔💣 I mean giant sky beams with Japanese kids, one of which being his first love ❤️ 😍 . I totally feel bad for the teacher, not to mention his spirit whom he named after her. Just dumb dumb so dumb. Them last five minutes turned the show into a 3/10 and that's generous.
-Dr. Suggestion
-Dwraz123
-D.W.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Romance Meets Sports: Shouya Chiba, Akari Kitou Bring Us Inside 'Ao no Hako'

tingy - Oct 25

6 by TheMechaManiac »»
2 hours ago

» 'S-Rank Monster no "Behemoth" dakedo, Neko to Machigawarete Elf Musume no Pet toshite Kurashitemasu' Unveils More Cast, Staff, First Promo, Winter 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Oct 23

4 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 AM

» In Pursuit of Egoism: The Essence of 'Blue Lock'

Kineta - Oct 24

6 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 10:09 AM

» Light Novel 'Blade & Bastard' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Oct 20

11 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 10:08 AM

» Webtoon 'The Beginning After The End' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Oct 19

38 by Will_ns »»
Oct 25, 10:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.