Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 28, 2021 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jesus Christ, the battles erupt in full eye of the public in a stadium...

And also Red Arrow being used again...I feel like that arrow gets abused the most besides the White Arrow so far. Crazy the lengths some characters go to win this twisted candidate game. Felt like the stakes are much higher after this episode. No one is really safe from the angels.
Oct 28, 2021 9:57 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 28, 2021 11:12 AM

May 2020
That was some plan Metropoliman had, completely fooling Blue and Yellow and taking that little girl too in his control.

Things are in complete mess right now, Blue's already down and so is Yellow. Thus, it was a good decision after all not to take their angels with them otherwise who knows what might have happened with both Mirai and Saki.
Oct 28, 2021 12:00 PM
Oct 2017
Where to watch I can't find it?
Oct 28, 2021 1:30 PM
Oct 2008
Magnificent episode. Taking girl hostage to weed out other candidates! Magnificent
Oct 28, 2021 1:31 PM

Dec 2020
This guy metropolian is way too strong and smart when i see the other god candidate but why they have all the same look.

What a heavy cliffhanger i had goosebumps in the end what will mirai do?..
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Oct 28, 2021 1:34 PM
Jan 2021
That was too intense
Oct 28, 2021 1:41 PM

Nov 2016
Shit turned up for real.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 28, 2021 1:44 PM
Oct 2016
Metropoliman is not someone to be taken lightly. He looks might look goofy on first glance in that sentai suit but this dude is menacing. He's willing to do anything to lure our other god candidates. Metropoliman really just wants to end this whole thing right now. He wants all of the other candidates to come to that stadium and for him to kill them all instantly. Yellow and Blue had a good idea coming together so they had the numbers but they assumed too much. Metropoliman using that dummy then switching places with the dummy after Blue and Yellow went to confirm Pink and Green. When Metropoliman just stood up right behind them and shot Blue that was nuts. He just doesn't care, the dude is tactical and ruthless. The poor little girl there too just wants to team up with Yellow nd Blue only to be taken hostage by Metropoliman. Mirai and Saki are in such a tough situation seeing all this go down in front of them. Most intense episode yet, hope that Mirai doesn't do something stupid.
Oct 28, 2021 1:54 PM

Feb 2008
I would say the only thing I dislike is these weird suits. Where on earth are they coming from? I was going to let it slide with metropoliman and just assume he had either the money or skills to create such a thing (I know the suits likely don't do anything, but it's clearly made of metal and doesn't look cheap). But now that there are two other candidates with these suits who were against him ... I again ask ... where did they get them? I hope this is explained at some point lol, cause it's weird. XD
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Oct 28, 2021 1:58 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Metropoliman is really a bitch faking everything to deceive blue and yellow like that with making them believe he wasn't the one here at the state and they just end up being killed by him, he even paid actors that's hardcore xD also poor girl she doesn't deserve that but seems like MC will really try something to save her, we'll see that, I'm quite hyped for next ep
Oct 28, 2021 2:06 PM

Feb 2021
Pretty good episode, the only thing I didn't like was that the two candidates in suit were complete retards, but still great psychological drama.
Oct 28, 2021 2:11 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Metropoliman was playing some mind games in the stadium. He really is extremely planning and intelligent it seems.

I really did love this episode!
Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Oct 28, 2021 2:12 PM

Jul 2011
When a little girl have a more decent reason to suicide than 2 grown ups.
I hope this doesn't mean will have someone that tried to commit suicide because someone eat the last piece of cake or something like that. Some angels need to choose better.
Oct 28, 2021 2:22 PM

Feb 2013
Got some serious POWER RANGER VIBES.... This show is getting pretty lame lol
Oct 28, 2021 2:34 PM
Jun 2021
Great intense episode
I really hate cliffhangers....
I can't believe they really just ended the episode like that
Oct 28, 2021 2:34 PM
Nov 2019
I only have one question.... Later they explain why people wear that suit?
Oct 28, 2021 3:13 PM

Jun 2012
3 God candidates down already.
Oct 28, 2021 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
I was really excited about this episode, what an amazing episode many interesting battles are many twists at all times, this ending was to be expected.
Oct 28, 2021 3:32 PM

Jun 2014
Metropoliman turned the violence up to the max this episode damn. So as expected, he established this elaborate plan in order to bait Blue and Yellow so he could kill them. Looks like he's saying fuck it to the whole "hero of justice" facade now. Everything has been going according to keikaku plan so far for him, but it looks like Mirai is about to step in. Wild episode this week.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 28, 2021 3:43 PM
Jul 2019
So, Blue and Yellow were a duo of college student wannabe, You, I'm really am not getting this getting into a university or collage thing in Japan, now what's up with their College education anywayz it ain't like that the said university that them Japz were going to is the only one given that Japan has al least about a hundred or so other Universities around Japan?

Can that Metroploiman read minds????
Oct 28, 2021 3:49 PM

Apr 2015
Metropoliman showing his true intensions but holy shit the intensity at the end was unreal... I genuinely feel bad for the little girl.. Her limbs got almost torn off cause of the yellow guy wanting to fly away.
Oct 28, 2021 4:27 PM

Aug 2010
Pretty surprised we got 2 candidates down in one episode already. Can't believe the angels even pick a kid...
Oct 28, 2021 4:52 PM
May 2015
I would be a terrible God candidate in that moment, as I would've prioritized my life over the little girl's :(. But is Mirai somehow still under Saki's red arrows? It should be gone by now as there was a 33 day timeskip
Oct 28, 2021 4:55 PM

Sep 2013
About here is where readers started dropping it in mass.
Mc won't get better and suits actually get even lamer.
Oct 28, 2021 5:00 PM
Jun 2021
The cliffhanger was amazing can’t wait till next thursday
Oct 28, 2021 5:01 PM
Jan 2021
What i like about this series is that we have an antagonist who is as smart as L but a protagonist who is nowhere near as smart as light. I cant wait to see what happens next.
Oct 28, 2021 5:03 PM

May 2020
YoseiEgg said:
I would be a terrible God candidate in that moment, as I would've prioritized my life over the little girl's :(. But is Mirai somehow still under Saki's red arrows? It should be gone by now as there was a 33 day timeskip

no, he's not. he suddenly want a happy life with saki apparently plus she dont care abt mirai honestly
Oct 28, 2021 5:25 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
Well, I completely overlooked the fake Metropoliman being already controlled last episode.

Everything seems to be going according to Metropoliman's plans. He may be one sadistic fuck, but you've got to give credit where it's due.
Oct 28, 2021 5:28 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Just realized the ed kind of slaps.

How does everyone have power rangers suits though

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 28, 2021 6:18 PM
Nov 2020
All of the production for this anime goes straight to the OP and ED. This episode was just so predictable. Almost like I’m watching God power rangers with an MC too scared to be apart of the plot. Plus I’m seeing so many plot convinces left and right I bet they’re gonna come up with some BS reason the MC got affected by the red arrow at the end of the episode even though they say it wears off after 33 days.
Oct 28, 2021 6:24 PM
Nov 2020
YoseiEgg said:
smelling plot convenience from miles away, It’s probably gonna be something like “since he loves her the arrow didn’t lose its affect” or something. Or maybe “his love is so strong for her”
Oct 28, 2021 6:47 PM
May 2019
Pretty good episode
Oct 28, 2021 6:54 PM

Apr 2015
It wasn't a bad episode. I have some minor gripes, like how it's stupid that an angel would nominate a little girl despite knowing that she would have to enter a death game, but ehh. Clearly rank 2 angels are not the brightest. At least she got temporary happiness with the wings.

TybTeezo said:
All of the production for this anime goes straight to the OP and ED. This episode was just so predictable. Almost like I’m watching God power rangers with an MC too scared to be apart of the plot. Plus I’m seeing so many plot convinces left and right I bet they’re gonna come up with some BS reason the MC got affected by the red arrow at the end of the episode even though they say it wears off after 33 days.

What? Why are you assuming that Mirai is still affected by Saki's red arrow by the end? It's already been established that the arrow lost its effect after 33 days, there's no way the author is going to overrule that. I'm pretty sure it was just there to show that Mirai was about to use his red arrow or wings.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Oct 28, 2021 7:04 PM
Nov 2020
Esmera said:
It wasn't a bad episode. I have some minor gripes, like how it's stupid that an angel would nominate a little girl despite knowing that she would have to enter a death game, but ehh. Clearly rank 2 angels are not the brightest. At least she got temporary happiness with the wings.

TybTeezo said:

What? Why are you assuming that Mirai is still affected by Saki's red arrow by the end? It's already been established that the arrow lost its effect after 33 days, there's no way the author is going to overrule that. I'm pretty sure it was just there to show that Mirai was about to use his red arrow or wings.
You could be right but if I go with that assumption then it would literally contradict him as a person and just wouldn’t be logical. For one, he is clearly scared of metropoliman and even states he wants to live a happy life so he won’t help. He also watches him literally kill a person and doesn’t react to it violently. He also isn’t tempted to do anything until his childhood friend cries out. I mean it’s possible as he has no real logical reason to be there in the first place. I’m just surprised the other angels didn’t warn their god candidates that it was a trap because it’s too obvious to not mention. They really let a little girl attempt to become a god knowing how dangerous it is.
TybTeezoOct 28, 2021 7:10 PM
Oct 28, 2021 7:21 PM

Feb 2016
Esmera said:

There was nothing to lose. The girl would have killed herself if not for the angel.
その目だれの目?
Oct 28, 2021 7:25 PM

Nov 2014
Now i remember why i dropped the manga, theres so many weird stuff in here:

- Where do these guys take those outfits from? because they have a really similar style so its almost impossible they got them from a different place.

- In episode 1 itself we saw how MC use the red arrow on his aunt and made her take her own life with no hesitation at all, but now all of a sudden there is "limitations"?.

- Those two guys backstories were so basic and irrelevant, why did they even bother with it if they are going to die? (i know this is common in these kind of anime, but it goes a bit far in here, its so bad its funny).

-Why are they talking all their plans and stuff to the public? what do they acomplish for that? actually, wasnt one of metropoliman's plans to gain people's favor? hes literally making himself look like a villain (which he is i suppose) lol.

-The characters do some really dumb choices in here, the anime seems to want to make metropoliman look all cool and smart, but i think the real thing here is not that but that the rest is just plain stupid.

Oct 28, 2021 7:28 PM
Apr 2021
Everything was perfect. If only they had something other than those shitty robot suits for Metropoliman, it would've been real cool as well
Oct 28, 2021 7:30 PM

Nov 2010
What a boring show like "death note". Only describing the rule of the game.
kuroneko99Oct 28, 2021 7:41 PM
Oct 28, 2021 7:32 PM

Jul 2017
The whole stadium feel is Power Rangers in Death Note world.

Yellow and Blue (Tabuchi and Hatakeyama) are just like failures on the verge of suicide, being preyed upon by the gods to do something noteworthy before their death. But Metropoliman, he's a crafty dude to wait for things to happen, the first blood as such with this innocent child who's also been made a God candidate, she suffers the same atrocities as the both of them, and Metropoliman swoops in to claim her.

Green and Pink are definitely not God candidates but human pawns on Metropoliman's chessboard cat-and-mouse game to defeat the true God candidates, and draw out his facade of the "Hero of Justice" when concerning the candidates.

To save or not to save the girl, it's a matter of life and death, but a battle royale game to the death? NOPE, it's too risky to sacrifice your position in this death game. The intensity is real.
Oct 28, 2021 7:36 PM
Apr 2021
error5000 said:
Now i remember why i dropped the manga, theres so many weird stuff in here:

- Where do these guys take those outfits from? because they have a really similar style so its almost impossible they got them from a different place.

- In episode 1 itself we saw how MC use the red arrow on his aunt and made her take her own life with no hesitation at all, but now all of a sudden there is "limitations"?.

- Those two guys backstories were so basic and irrelevant, why did they even bother with it if they are going to die? (i know this is common in these kind of anime, but it goes a bit far in here, its so bad its funny).

-Why are they talking all their plans and stuff to the public? what do they acomplish for that? actually, wasnt one of metropoliman's plans to gain people's favor? hes literally making himself look like a villain (which he is i suppose) lol.

-The characters do some really dumb choices in here, the anime seems to want to make metropoliman look all cool and smart, but i think the real thing here is not that but that the rest is just plain stupid.

About the 'limitations', I think that you can't directly command the person to die for nothing. In his aunt's case, he didn't directly order her to die, she felt guilt of having planned his parents' death. That's how I think about the limitation.
Oct 28, 2021 7:51 PM
Oct 2019
Why are the scores going down? If anything this show is getting better.
Oct 28, 2021 8:01 PM
Dec 2015
Good episode, but I'm wondering where all these people getting their suits from
Oct 28, 2021 8:13 PM

Jun 2021
The suspense building is good, but everything else is pretty mediocre.

They seriously need to stop adding rules during every episode. Obvious jobbers were jobbers.

Watching this show made me realize that what made Death Note so good wasn't the setting or the battle of wits, but it was the charisma of Light Yagami. In comparison, Mirai is such a boring MC.

Oct 28, 2021 8:27 PM

Mar 2016
Can't say I feel excited for what's next.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Oct 28, 2021 8:36 PM
Jan 2021
felt so scared though out the whole episode, I'm so excited for the new episode
Oct 28, 2021 8:42 PM

Apr 2015
TybTeezo said:
You could be right but if I go with that assumption then it would literally contradict him as a person and just wouldn’t be logical. For one, he is clearly scared of metropoliman and even states he wants to live a happy life so he won’t help. He also watches him literally kill a person and doesn’t react to it violently. He also isn’t tempted to do anything until his childhood friend cries out. I mean it’s possible as he has no real logical reason to be there in the first place. I’m just surprised the other angels didn’t warn their god candidates that it was a trap because it’s too obvious to not mention. They really let a little girl attempt to become a god knowing how dangerous it is.

Well he initially didn't want to help, but after he heard Saki scream for it to stop, he changed his mind. I don't see how that contradicts him as a person. I mean either way, if Mirai tries to help the girl, then people are going to call him an idiot for revealing himself and falling into Metropoliman's trap, and if he doesn't do anything, then people are going to call him a pussy for an MC for not trying to save a little girl. He just can't win as the MC no matter what he does lol. But yeah, the god candidates were pretty dumb. Although I guess it's to be expected considering they failed college, so their angels probably weren't that intelligent either if they picked college failures as candidates.

Lucifrost said:
Esmera said:

There was nothing to lose. The girl would have killed herself if not for the angel.

I mean I wouldn't say having to enter a death match is "nothing to lose" considering I'd rather kill myself than having to live every day in constant fear of people coming after my life and risk dying a painful death at someone else's hands (which is probably what's going to happen to her), but anyways, I'm mostly looking at it from the angel's standpoint. Why don't these angels choose people who have higher maturity/IQ that actually stand a chance of winning and becoming god. Out of the hundreds of millions of people that live in Japan, there are definitely some "elite" people that have tried to commit suicide. Sure, this second-rank angel probably doesn't care about winning and just wanted to grant the little girl some temporary happiness, but still a dumb move imo. The girl obviously wouldn't live much longer anyways and the way people die in death games are rarely not brutal.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Oct 28, 2021 8:56 PM

Mar 2016
bro im shaking and crying miserably
Oct 28, 2021 8:58 PM

Aug 2020
Very interesting episode.
What a cliffhanger! I'm so excited for next week's episode

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Oct 28, 2021 9:19 PM

Mar 2021
Honestly the first really good episode so far, so much better than last episode which honestly wasn't that good. I hope the series keeps this up.
★・・・・・・★
If you wish to treat this incident as our nation’s scheme, that is fine by me. History is written by the victors. All of your false accusations will soon be erased.
★・・・・・・★

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

274 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 20, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2021

117 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2021

139 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:01 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2021

230 by Lita2013 »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:03 PM

» moral of the story

Kanashito - Apr 3, 2022

23 by bastek66 »»
Nov 18, 2023 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.