Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 7, 2021 6:28 AM

May 2015
Talk no jutsu part 4.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 7, 2021 8:52 AM

Jun 2019
nina444 said:
Blue_Maroon said:
Ayooooo! The 5th straight episode of talking and set up for a battle with no stakes whatsoever!

Does anyone actually think that Rimuru’s team is at a disadvantage currently? He has so many heavy hitters on his side that it doesn’t even matter if Clayman (or the person above him) has a trick up their sleeve. All the bases are pretty much covered and Rimuru is ridiculously OP now.

Hell, now he even has something that will just tell him the right answers and releases all the tension because even if he does get in a fix, Raphael will just whip something up to get him out of it.

yea,
raphael is literally called king/lord of wisdom after all lol but she's actually not that unstoppable. there are other kings out there

king of pride, king of wrath, king of lust, king of greed, king of justice, king of charity, king of investigation and many others

My issue isn’t that it doesn’t make sense in a world-building sense. My issue is that it is lazy writing because now the author can give the characters omniscient knowledge whenever convenient as bluntly tell the viewers what is going on instead of showing it naturally. It is quite literally deus ex machina.
Aug 7, 2021 2:51 PM

Feb 2017
Blue_Maroon said:
nina444 said:

yea,
raphael is literally called king/lord of wisdom after all lol but she's actually not that unstoppable. there are other kings out there

king of pride, king of wrath, king of lust, king of greed, king of justice, king of charity, king of investigation and many others

My issue isn’t that it doesn’t make sense in a world-building sense. My issue is that it is lazy writing because now the author can give the characters omniscient knowledge whenever convenient as bluntly tell the viewers what is going on instead of showing it naturally. It is quite literally deus ex machina.

not really

as I stated earlier, there are other kings out there. and raphael's ability to know "everything" will naturally be struggled againts fellow kings

raphael can easily create mass teleportation spell, cuz that move is not considered as high/ultimate level magic. even IF raphael cannot create mass teleportation spell,
rimuru can still teleport anyone one by one just like how he and phobio have evacuated the refugees

rimuru is actually shown capable of teleporting and bringing other people (such as: the children/his students) with him since Season 1, he gains that ability after eating a spirit who can manipulate space
Lab_Rat_0978Aug 7, 2021 2:55 PM
Aug 7, 2021 3:38 PM

Nov 2018
when they stop talking?
Aug 7, 2021 8:45 PM

Oct 2014
Blue_Maroon said:
nina444 said:

yea,

What kind of buzzword is "lazy writing"? What does that even mean?
Did you miss all the subtleties these past few episodes? If you can't even identify them, how could you possibly "rate" them or the supposed lack thereof? It makes no sense.
And by the way, you misused the term Deus Ex Machina. Inform yourself properly before throwing around "fancy terms" like that.
Aug 7, 2021 10:44 PM

Mar 2015
neetzero001 said:
when they stop talking?

I know, right? I'll be back when they/if do. Boring season so far. It's unbearably dull.
Aug 7, 2021 10:59 PM

Jun 2019
Grey-Zone said:
Blue_Maroon said:

What kind of buzzword is "lazy writing"? What does that even mean?
Did you miss all the subtleties these past few episodes? If you can't even identify them, how could you possibly "rate" them or the supposed lack thereof? It makes no sense.
And by the way, you misused the term Deus Ex Machina. Inform yourself properly before throwing around "fancy terms" like that.

It is “lazy writing” because Raphael is used as a mouthpiece for the author to get the characters to know and do things that they would have otherwise had to figure out themselves.

Take the mass teleportation as an example. Without Raphael, they would have had to figure out how to do that themselves. That would require the author to think about how each character would approach the issue and what ways they could solve the issue while staying true to what knowledge they have and how much intelligence they have been shown to have. Obviously, this would require a lot of time to think about given how many damn characters there are in Tensura. So, the author introduces Raphael as an easy way to come up with these solutions without thinking about all these variables. That is the epitome of lazy writing.

Having Raphael spout out solutions out of left field does not make the anime better. It makes everyone else seem useless because Raphael is the one coming up with the majority of breakthroughs and solutions. It is a cheap way to progress the plot.

Definition of Deus ex Machina (as found on Google) is: “ an unexpected power or event saving a seemingly hopeless situation, especially as a contrived plot device in a play or novel.” Hopless situation = Clayman’s army attacking beast kingdom in 2 days and the heroes won’t make it in time, Unexpected power = Raphael coming up with the teleportation technique out of thin air using a skill that was developed off-screen (or at least hardly acknowledged since I don’t remember everything about this anime).

This also applies to Raphael figuring out where Clayman is going to attack (if he does end up attacking the beast kingdom) because hopeless situation = not knowing Clayman’s next move, and unexpected power = Raphael chimming in with the right answer. If you were referring to the original definition of deus ex machina then sorry, but you should inform yourself properly before want to make accusations.
Aug 8, 2021 12:51 AM

Feb 2017
@Blue_Maroon

lol You should've read my reply above

Rimuru's ability to teleport and bring other people with him has already been showcased since S1, even Souei can also do similar thing. all Rimuru's executives (except Hakurou) are capable of doing this move

so Why would you say "Its out of thin air"? The foundation has been laid since long ago

also, Why would you say "The heroes won’t make it in time"?

Do you even watch the anime?

Literally the only one who says that is Suphia, and she obviously has no authority nor credibilty to conclude "We can't make it in time" for everyone ya know? that said myb she's only referring to the BeastKeteers, considering the three of em cannot use teleportation magic

This also applies to Raphael figuring out where Clayman is going to attack (if he does end up attacking the beast kingdom) because hopeless situation = not knowing Clayman’s next move, and unexpected power = Raphael chimming in with the right answer. If you were referring to the original definition of deus ex machina then sorry, but you should inform yourself properly before want to make accusations.

Clayman's plan to awaken as a True Demon Lord has already been revealed since S2 part 1, its Rimuru himself who speculated it before him massacring 20k of Falmuth Army. and After getting some intel from Myulan (Clayman's spy), Rimuru concluded that his deduction was most likely right

Lastly, iirc its Benimaru and Suphia who have figured it out Clayman's next move tho lol

I think you're the one who's being Lazy here lmao. There you have it, the final nail in your coffin
Lab_Rat_0978Aug 8, 2021 1:12 AM
Aug 8, 2021 9:24 AM

Jun 2019
nina444 said:
@Blue_Maroon

lol You should've read my reply above

Rimuru's ability to teleport and bring other people with him has already been showcased since S1, even Souei can also do similar thing. all Rimuru's executives (except Hakurou) are capable of doing this move

so Why would you say "Its out of thin air"? The foundation has been laid since long ago

also, Why would you say "The heroes won’t make it in time"?

Do you even watch the anime?

Literally the only one who says that is Suphia, and she obviously has no authority nor credibilty to conclude "We can't make it in time" for everyone ya know? that said myb she's only referring to the BeastKeteers, considering the three of em cannot use teleportation magic

Clayman's plan to awaken as a True Demon Lord has already been revealed since S2 part 1, its Rimuru himself who speculated it before him massacring 20k of Falmuth Army. and After getting some intel from Myulan (Clayman's spy), Rimuru concluded that his deduction was most likely right

Lastly, iirc its Benimaru and Suphia who have figured it out Clayman's next move tho lol

I think you're the one who's being Lazy here lmao. There you have it, the final nail in your coffin

It’s out of thin air because it uses the teleportation magic on a massive scale that was not shown to be possible before. Yes, other characters have been shown to be able to teleport and with some chosen comrades (which I never denied), but not huge armies. Once Rimuru (Raphael) came up with the solution, everyone praised him as a genius because it was a problem that nobody else could solve until Raphael (the author) whipped up a solution using a supplemental ability that was crafted w/o Rimuru’s knowledge.

Now, I agree that without this mass teleportation method, likely all of the leaders could have been teleported to the area and still won the war. In fact, one thing that I didn’t understand about this episode was why they were so caught up trying to send their armies there when Rimuru and his strongest soldiers could probably wipe out the army with ease. Nevertheless, they contrived a way that allowed Rimuru to teleport large groups of people so that he can use that in the future.

Also, it doesn’t really matter what characters have speculated intentions when Raphael is the one to conclusively say that Clayman will kill the beast kingdom citizens. At the end of the day, they committed to sending their armies to the beast kingdom because Raphael difinitively said what was going on. That, on top of coming up with a mass teleportation system that the viewers could not have thought of themselves using the knowledge given to them, is indicative of a plot device.

EDIT: After rewatching the parts that I am referring to this is what I found -

Regarding them figuring out what Clayman’s after:
- Soui says there are 30,000 in Milim’s territory led by the 5 (4 now) fingers
- Benimaru suggests Clayman may not be after Tempest
- Rimuru suggests he might be after the beast kingdom
- Raphael connects the dots and says he will kill the citizens to become a true demon lord
Conclusion is that while Raphael did not pull the conclusion completely out of thin air, it was still the reason for them deciding to protect the citizens.

Regarding the mass teleportation
- Rimuru is the one that says “Looks like there’s no way for us to make it in time”
- Raphael hops in and says that he can mass teleport people by using the extra skill “control space” to form barriers and minimize magicule count
- Rimuru says “You develop skills and techniques for me, and I don’t even ask!”
Conclusion is that this was pulled completely out of thin air with even Rimuru being unaware of how to do this or even that Raphael was doing it.
Blue_MaroonAug 8, 2021 10:18 AM
Aug 8, 2021 12:22 PM
Feb 2021
Really enjoyed the first few episodes with everything planned and fleshed with the strategical talks which just makes me more excited for the action to come. Kinda sad to see people that are hating bc we’re not getting straight action but what can ya do.
Aug 8, 2021 12:53 PM
Dec 2019
I actually liked this episode I can see that it's building up to something that going to be awesome. btw I'm not up to date with the manga this is just the impression that this episode gives me.
Aug 9, 2021 10:47 AM
May 2020
DAMNN IM SO HYPE!!
Aug 10, 2021 3:38 PM

Mar 2010
I wonder how many will actually die in the war... I wonder if they will have plot armor or not lol.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 11, 2021 1:18 AM

Aug 2017
Too easy but I'm not surprised at this point. Anyways, I love Veldora yukata.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 13, 2021 7:50 PM

Apr 2020
the war has started! this is getting interesting
Aug 14, 2021 3:06 PM

Jul 2008
Holy crap. This series has gone way down heal. I stopped watching when he conveniently created a technique to teleport his army.

Hopefully the next episode is better?

Aug 28, 2021 1:54 PM

Nov 2016
That's quite the force.

The set up is a mixed bag. Probably would enjoy it more if I didn't know that there will be no stakes. At least I won't expect anything too crazy from this series.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 25, 2021 2:30 PM

Jan 2021
The teleportation was cool
Sep 29, 2021 12:38 PM
Jan 2021
The ultimate battle will commence.

Thanks to Raphael, Rimuru and his allies were properly able to prepare for the attack against Clayman. To explain further, Raphael came up with a safe way to transport people using transportation magic. Because of this Rimuru was able to transport the citizens of Eurazania safely to Tempest and his army of 20,000 directly to the battefield.

This army of 20,000 includes Albis, Suphia, and Fobio's Animal King's Brigade with 10,000, Gobta and the Goblin Riders, a team of Ogres serving as Benimaru's personal guard called the Kurenai, 4,000 Hob Goblins called the Green Numbers, 5,000 High Orcs led by Geld called the Yellow Number, Dragonewts led by Gabiru called Hiryu. Shion's personal guard of around 100 members that Rimuru brought back to life called Yomigaeri.

I'm wondering what's going on with Milim, but I do trust that she hasn't deliberated betrayed Rimuru and hopefully Veldora will get some action. If he doesn't however that will simply mean that Clayman was no match.
Sep 30, 2021 10:13 PM
Oct 2019
i get that the mc has been kinda op from the start, more or less. but this is just kind of lame. learning new asspull skills he didn't even ask raphael to do. him "swallowing" all those people like he did with veldora, then teleporting himself,and then bringing them all back out like he did with veldora back would've been more interesting, and believable, i guess

and he can just teleport anywhere he wants? he doesn't have to have ever been there before? how's that even work?

so far i've enjoyed the first half of season 2 more, although veldora was really fun/funny for an episode or two
HagePotPotatoOct 2, 2021 10:10 PM
Sep 30, 2021 11:01 PM

Feb 2017
HagePotPotato said:
i get that the op has been kinda op from the start, more or less. but this is just kind of lame. learning new asspull skills he didn't even ask raphael to do. him "swallowing" all those people like he did with veldora and then bringing veldora back would've been more interesting, and believable, i guess

and he can just teleport anywhere he wants? he doesn't have to have ever been there before? how's that even work?

so far i've enjoyed the first half of season 2 more, although veldora was really fun/funny for an episode or two

op? in comparison to whom?

rimuru is not really that op compared to top-tier characters in slime verse,
atm he's only around mid-tier level strong

no, rimuru cant just teleport to the place he hasnt been there before

many details were skipped in the anime

at the beginning of S1 P1 it showcases that
benny visited the animal kingdom, he was there remember?
so benny brought rimuru along with him to the animal kingdom by using teleportation magic. and there you have it,
rimuru was in the animal kingdom. its as simple as that

all the kijins, except hakurou can use teleportation magic

btw raphael is considered as a character too,
she's rimuru's split personality. she's not a plot device type of character that knows everything either

she can be wrong and making the wrong decisions, she can get fooled or outsmarted by other characters too
Lab_Rat_0978Sep 30, 2021 11:13 PM
Oct 2, 2021 12:11 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Rimuru on another scale with this scale.
Oct 3, 2021 11:24 AM

May 2020
That magic teleportation is awesome! a big circle with complicated design, I like it. Finally a big deal against Clayman. Interesting, now its time to war.
Nov 1, 2021 8:26 PM

Oct 2019
So the 5th episode too is a prep / buildup / talkative / no action episode. Come on, really? They could have been more concise by trimming some prep / politics / meetings / jokes fat and starting the action from ep 4. But - apparently, hopefully- it is going to start from ep 6. These 5 episodes could have easily fit in 3 episodes by shaving most redundant / unnecessary / filler parts... Why such a snail pacing?
Nov 3, 2021 10:10 AM

Jul 2017
5 episodes genuinely felt like 5 hours watching it. At least the buildup's over now despite how horrible it was in its execution and structure.
Nov 7, 2021 2:07 AM

Jul 2013
Man on one hand I want Rimuru to go there himself and kill every single enemy himself like what he did before but on the other hand, well, he's a leader of a country. He has his subordinates to command and do these things for him. This war is going to be epic!
Jan 6, 2022 1:45 PM

Mar 2019
So I guess Diablo will be inexistent this season which is a big disappointment.

Benimaru is still just as amazing, but I can't say the same for Shion and Ranga (specifically them because they were picked by Rimuru).

Also they pretty much made that majin guy a detestable character already so he'll probably die later on. Now, after 5 episodes, I wonder how the Demon Lords meeting will proceed.
Alex_TheForestJan 6, 2022 1:49 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 24, 2022 7:34 AM

Mar 2015
Getting ready for something big to go down!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 15, 2023 1:08 AM

Jul 2015
Some final preparations before the war against Clayman breaks out.
It got pretty boring with those dialogue-heavy episodes, so I'm glad we finally getting some action.

Mar 2, 2023 11:10 AM

Apr 2013
Did not expect Diablo and Shion to become best buddies, but I like it. Rimuru's teleportation magic seems massively overpowered, he can just bring his army anywhere at this point. Still, another buildup episode? These next 7 episodes better be f*cking bananas.
Apr 23, 2023 8:39 AM

May 2020
Can we FINALLY get to the meat part?? Because I feel like I've aged a bit watching these past five episodes. I get the build-ups, I get the world building, I get the pep talks.. but it shouldn't have last for almost half of this season. When in the end those demon lords will so easily yield to Rimuru.

Thought I hope I'm proved to be wrong.
Oct 22, 2023 6:35 PM

Nov 2010
There you go. That's the teleport ability I was talking about!

Anyway, Rimuru's army is overkill! I'm sure that if he wanted to, he could've just teleported to Clayman's army and destroyed it himself. He can't detect Clayman's location for some reason, but he can also solo him later in Walpurgis. His only weakness so far is the holy magic barrier, and he already has resistance against it, if I remember correctly. He could've done all of this in one episode. Haha!
Nov 24, 2023 2:35 AM
Jun 2012
Another fine episode.
Dec 10, 2023 6:50 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to Nurguburu
Too easy but I'm not surprised at this point. Anyways, I love Veldora yukata.
@Nurguburu i want that1 myself (Veldora's yukata/kimono) lol

if i would get 2, i would wear it awry day on summer and i don't live in japan so its not a norm, i would probably end up in news, but i don't care LOL

Sugram22Dec 10, 2023 7:00 AM
Dec 16, 2023 5:54 PM

Nov 2023
They will get Clayman soon, if it's Rimuru and the guys we're talking about
Mar 15, 10:07 AM

Aug 2019
people seem to not like how this season started but somehow ive been fine with it so far. only thing i can think of complaining is that 5 out of the 12 episodes have been "wasted" it wasnt boring for me but so much more could have been done.

is it me or has shion gotten even more attached and needy towards rimuru :D? i guess it makes sense he did revive her from the dead
HiljainenSipuliMar 15, 10:11 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2:34 AM

May 2015
The Dryads spoiling Ramiris is so wholesome. Can't wait to see Clayman's expression when he realizes all his sacrifices are now missing.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2021

115 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Yesterday, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2021

133 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Apr 24, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2021

188 by Failure_No1 »»
Apr 23, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2021

167 by prasos »»
Apr 21, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2021

248 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 9:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.