Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 26, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ugh, this episode and its features. Team battles are so overrated.

Seriously, I'm starting to think there's not a single main character that is completely normal. And not only that, this game just loves to test its contestants in any way possible. At least they didn't leave any relevant characters out though.
Stark700Jul 26, 2021 10:34 AM
Jul 26, 2021 9:59 AM
tachiyomi homie
Jun 2021
Is it? I just checked Crunchyroll not five minutes ago and only the first two episodes are showing up for me. Is it on Funimation or something where the releases are faster?

FWIW, I'm enjoying it a lot so far, it's almost like a mix of Gantz and I'm Standing On A Million Lives, but different enough that it's not trite or rehashing them. The battles are really interesting and I am looking forward to the world-building and finding out more of what's behind the "death game"
Jul 26, 2021 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
hmm guess i wont be dropping this yet, these battles are qiute interesting so...
Jul 26, 2021 10:49 AM

Jun 2019
Not gonna lie, but I'm still not sold on this show. But, that might change any moment, so I'm not gonna drop it anytime soon, I think. Aside from all that, we got to see Akira's team abilities and what they can do. He didn't reveal his own tho. Good move from my POV.

Poor Monkey-looking guy, Sawatari died for no reason there. He was just going for a fair fight but that bitch cheated. Looks like the bouts are going to be pretty interesting and this could turn around any moment. Akira managed to save the team from falling apart. That was nice of him. This might get much more interesting than I initially thought. But, I'm still gonna need some more episodes to get a hang of it.
Jul 26, 2021 10:59 AM

Jul 2017
The 2nd program: 5 vs. 5 team battles.

The Lupin-lookalike Sawatari who can convert buttons to a rope, the buff Shin's 2-second invincibility, the sword guy Madoka, the Demon God Yuuri and Sophist Akira. Who knows that they'll turn on each other when the battles call for sides that will truly show their true colorus with their abilities. Getting rekted for being peeping toms isn't Sawatari and Akira's notion, but to test Yuuri's abilities for confirmation.

A 5v5 ring that is like any other standard fighting game with the conditions being unconsciousness or out of ring for defeat, that's truly pushing the limits.

Round 1: Sawatori vs. Rin, and the latter's sexual tenures is her negotiation. But the former won't take it easy too, and with a bit of luck that turned unlucky to his death, what truly is her ability? I'd say that Sawatori dropped his guard way too much to cause a discord within the group, and Akira diffused it as soon before more trouble could surface up.

Round 2: Shin vs. Ringo...and the latter forfeits. That's q quick decision that could speculate abilities, but it's clear that Ringo has an ability to plagiarize her opponent's abilities. Ringo almost got threatened by Rin, but Saeko put that to a stop.

Round 3: Madoka vs. Saeko, and it's the usual ""turning items into objects" battle that's the most decent one so far. The Trueblade vs. the pachinko kid, what is the result?
Jul 26, 2021 11:02 AM

Jan 2021
I'm enjoying this show but sometimes it feels like nothing happens in an episode. Time just goes by too fast for some reason.

Rin's ability is scary. Ringo's ability sounds good in theory but it's extremely bad when you think about it. Kirisaki's ability is actually pretty awesome. Monkey-Man really did look like the character that wouldn't survive half an episode. The marble woman seemed way too confident, underestimating opponents in a game like this is bound to backfire. I don't get why Kumagiri doesn't want to use his ability.

I really wonder how Akira is going to use his ability in such an environment. His opponent is also probably going to be the shady guy hiding in the shadows and he doesn't look weak.
Jul 26, 2021 11:25 AM

Nov 2016
Ngl, this felt like a cheaper version of the 5 on 5 match during the Hunter Exam.

RIP monkey dude aka discount Lupin xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 26, 2021 11:36 AM

Jun 2016
So the team battles this ep are just another round of one-on-ones. Shame, I was looking forward to seeing how this show would deal with them.

Lol, Sawatari didn't even follow his own warning and look where it got him. Akira made the right call, not telling his teammates his ability, but his match-up might expose him... or he'll simply surrender. Maybe.
A-Simple-SquireJul 26, 2021 11:39 AM

Jul 26, 2021 11:47 AM
Sep 2015
I really wish there's no death among participants but it's too late now. Killing shouldn't be an option. From next episode preview, look like someone figure out Akira's ability, probably by a man in the dark corner. But Akira is not gonna give up, there are many ways to use his ability, but he just doesn't want to use them in an early stage.
Jul 26, 2021 11:59 AM
Feb 2019
I wonder who is Rin's voice actor?,
at the mall and the announcement was not told, right?
Jul 26, 2021 12:17 PM

Aug 2020
First match from how I see.
-That old dude is weak but he tries to trick her to think it's something powerful. Even though it's just a rope... Maybe it would be a bladelike rope or unbreakable rope? Still, that's not strong in this field... The field is too wide with no wall.
-That stripper women might have a power that use breath related power? What she blows will grow bigger or maybe her split is a strong iron? Since there's no sign of her throwing anything beside that "small breathing" Maybe it isn't iron but ice? She has the power to freeze staff???

Second match... Yep, bad match. It's fortunate that the MC didn't fight her. It will be REAL bad if so.

Third match it seems like a sure win for the MC's team. No matter how many times she shoots him, it won't work. Another bad match is how I see.

So, from how I see unless something UNEXPECTED happen. We get 2 win and 1 lost.

That should be the case.

Jul 26, 2021 12:28 PM

Oct 2014
BLOOD MORE BLOOD

What an entertaining mess of an episode. It started with a team sharing their powers, but some lied to protect themselves. It looks the perspective is actually third person omniscient rather than limited to two characters. The duels kept me on edge, I can't tell what will happen because the death flags are inconsistent. No depth to any of it but it's enjoyable as hell.
Jul 26, 2021 12:36 PM

Jan 2021
Hmm, this is very interesting, good thing he didn't reveal his true power 0.0

Not knowing what power they have and the fact that they are not simple, but some are quite complex is very entertaining

Better episode than the previous one, it has potential
Jul 26, 2021 12:41 PM
Senpai

May 2021
I did not expect, that they would fight 1vs1, after they announced a teamfight. I think the episode was decent and it was a fun experience.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jul 26, 2021 3:13 PM
Jul 2019

Man, I can't believe that Rin, is the only badass among her group of pussies.

Ok, so what kind of occupation does that woman into?????
-Whore
-Serial Killing,
-Theft
Or worse, swindler.
Jul 26, 2021 3:22 PM

Apr 2015
Yuuri testing her ability with a jump wasn't too smart. Atleast that group still has some dude who turn away in that situation.

They not only fooled the team, but also me in thinking it was truly gonna be 5 vs 5 teambattle and not a most wins in 1 on 1 battles... Can't trust whatever they say huh?!

Rin is a hottie and Yuuri knows this as well. Rin has quite a rotten personality though, but I guess everyone can get reckless with the current situation they find themselves in.

Jul 26, 2021 4:33 PM

Aug 2018
Interesting, I liked 2 things about this episode : the fact Akira hid his power (smart move here, as I totally expect a sort of rematch with former allies being new opponents) + the rope guy was killed mercilessly. It started the hostilities for real good !
Jul 26, 2021 4:35 PM

Mar 2021
Pretty interested in the rest of the series, since the amount of strategical thinking is impressive. It makes it seem like this is not just a battle series but the strategical aspect seems so much more important, thought its quite a shame that the episode stops here, but have to wait until next week now aye.
Jul 26, 2021 5:13 PM

Dec 2016
The quality overall isn't that great. It's mid or something, at least.

But unfortunatly, looks like even pantsu shots are being censores here
Jul 26, 2021 5:43 PM

Apr 2020
Akira not impressed by Monkey-Man getting murdered. I get it....he's pretty badass...cause he plays games on the Computer...

We don't know much about his character yet, but why couldn't they just give him a normal personality, instead of this Gamer Identity that just magically makes him the most intelligent, calm and collected Guy in the Room ? xD

This is mildly entertaining so far...but also pretty silly ^^

Jul 26, 2021 6:06 PM
Jul 2018
Mio already knew something about the discovery of the opponent's powers, the show is getting good.
Jul 26, 2021 6:42 PM

Jan 2021
Looks like I'm sticking around for another week since things really picked up this episode. I'm real interested to see who gets to fight the man in the shadows, and how Akira is going to make use of his ability in an open arena.

Both the girl in glasses and Akira have some pretty broken abilities, but they both come with their own faults.

Jul 26, 2021 6:57 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh right, like i expect before, thanks to the fuckin preview, its a one-on-one fight instead of a team fights. Mion just messed up with their minds. Idk if the survived members will be able to meet again in the next program. But, Akira had a point. There's no need to had some quarrel in the middle of the battle.

Anyway, about the fights, as expected too that lady in pink absolutely interesting with her personality, already took down the Monkey Man easily. Rip. Ringo fights with the Bear Man also interesting. No fight. Yes, very interesting xd. Well, at least her ability kinda useful enough for the later program. She just got a wrong opponent. If, she can survive against that aggresive lady, when her team lost that program.

The trueblade ability was the true power for that delinquent, another surprise mothafucka. But, the battle after 5 seconds isn't over, yet. So, lets see whats goin on next, together with Akira that seemingly get a trouble....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 26, 2021 7:42 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
So far Slut Puppy and Sword Boy have the only deadly abilities. Dropping big boulders on someone seems a bit .... ineffective. Also if Sword Boy didn't stop and talk so much in the fight, he would have won by submission or death by now. Without seeing Cat Woman this week, I couldn't turn off her voice in time to save my hearing. Next week ..... sound off!
Jul 26, 2021 8:36 PM

Jan 2020
I had some mixed feelings on the first two episodes but I honestly liked this one. It had some similarities to the first arc of hxh with the 1v1 battles with forfeiting + that half-fanservice gambling shenanigans.

I don't really mind the animation since I do find these fights to be enjoyable regardless . I was pleasantly surprised by this episode and it felt short to me

Jul 26, 2021 9:47 PM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! This is the episode I enjoyed the most so far. The team battles definitely reminded me of the team battles in the hunter exams. Akira definitely made a good choice of hiding his true ability especially that they've been bamboozled. Though I think his current team right now seems like trustworthy people, so I can see him eventually telling it to them.

Well, not surprised that monkey man died since he's neither in the OP or ED or any other promotional material lmao. I like Ringo though, she got nerves of steel to be able to hide her fears. This episode definitely piqued my interest, I might pick up the manga eventually. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 26, 2021 11:04 PM

Oct 2008
oh hey! Kirisaki true ability is quite powerful huh! can cut into anything!
the megane girl has the ability to copy anyone's ability but able to use 1/10 of it's potential that quite nice but if you put her into good use she can be the game changer because she can see anyone's ability by just looking into it! well she must be in one on one match-up for that to happen.
the other one that can throw marbles and instantly make it a huge boulder is quite pretty nice...
4/5.

Jul 26, 2021 11:13 PM

Nov 2014
Ooof wonder if he's actually gone.

It does appear at least some of the characters aren't really revealing the true nature of their own abilities, not just our main character. I think we'll be seeing more mind games than actual fighting in this show, and honestly I think I like that better.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jul 27, 2021 1:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The battles are sure tense and pretty good like the last one so far but the most interesting character is sure Rin, her power seems to be totally OP with how she killed that other dude, I wonder how it works actually but that was harsh, now I'm especially interested to see how the other ones will react MC's fight next episode if he manages to hide his power, because otherwise he has to act so the opponent believe his power is the arm canon.
Jul 27, 2021 2:36 AM

Feb 2019
Rin got me about to act UP. I need her
Jul 27, 2021 4:45 AM

Dec 2008
Ringo is so cute and I wanted to see her ability since first scene she appeared. But I cant get that 'one-tenth value' condition. If she will copy sword than would it be 1\10 of sword? Or sword what can cut through 1\10 of anything?
Jul 27, 2021 5:17 AM

Jul 2012
Piko said:
Ringo is so cute and I wanted to see her ability since first scene she appeared. But I cant get that 'one-tenth value' condition. If she will copy sword than would it be 1\10 of sword? Or sword what can cut through 1\10 of anything?

She would get the ultimate butter knife that can cut through even the hardest butter.
Jul 27, 2021 5:33 AM
May 2018
This show turns out better than i expected
So far it has been my favourite of this season
Jul 27, 2021 5:35 AM

Jun 2016
not too bad to be honest !!!
Jul 27, 2021 10:28 AM
Nov 2020
I'm really starting to like Yuuri. So cute when she realized she was putting on a "pantsu show" for her team. It was also cute when she low-key mourned the death of the monkey dude ...like she already acknowledged him as a pervert and then he suddenly dies in an instant (though at least before that, Yuuri's opinion of him seemed to improve when she noticed that he did not give in to the blade girl's sexual "reward").

Would've been a nice cheesy moment if the monkey guy didn't die instantly but instead laid there dying, thanking Yuuri for showing her pantsu before keeling over for good.
Jul 27, 2021 12:57 PM

Jul 2019
Oh no, they killed off Knock-off Lupin. Such a sad day
Jul 27, 2021 2:28 PM

Jan 2021
Piko said:
honestly like what would happen if she copied MC's ability
Jul 27, 2021 4:17 PM

Jun 2021
RIP Monkey Man, we hardly knew you

I'm actually really starting to enjoy this series. Going in, I was expecting just a generic superpower battle anime, like Darwin's Game, but I like the fact that there's a mystery solving component about each characters' ability, which keeps the viewers guessing about what's going to happen next.

Definitely looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 27, 2021 9:25 PM

Dec 2016
This episode was quite amusing. Got to know other's abilities. And looks like some of them really have ridiculous powers...

Rin is best, she's going to be my favourite character. Her part really was funny XD

Rin's power is kinda useful but only if she's up with someone with a more dangerous power but one-tenth value is still useless.

The one that I was looking forward to, that pink haired slutty character, she turned out to be of twisted personality as expected. Her talking style kinda reminded me of Magase Ai from Babylon. Can't wait to know more about her power.

And the sling shot one, her power is pretty useless too, dodging those huge marbles shouldn't be that difficult.

The rope guy died pretty quickly. Well that was expected since he has the lamest ability. Tho it would've been fun to watch Rin Vs this rope guy XD

How was Akira able to do this loud echoing clap with his hands locked. In reality it should be making a lame sound XD
Rickydory123Jul 27, 2021 9:32 PM
Jul 28, 2021 6:39 AM

Jun 2021
Merve2Love said:
Akira not impressed by Monkey-Man getting murdered. I get it....he's pretty badass...cause he plays games on the Computer...

We don't know much about his character yet, but why couldn't they just give him a normal personality, instead of this Gamer Identity that just magically makes him the most intelligent, calm and collected Guy in the Room ? xD

This is mildly entertaining so far...but also pretty silly ^^

I picked up the manga because of the anime. While in the anime, it makes it seem like he's top ranked in a generic game, in the manga the "game" he plays is a series of 1-on-1 written debates, and he's top ranked on the overseas English-speaking servers.

Anyway, I'm loving this anime. It and Realist Hero are the two I've been looking forward to the most each week.
Jul 28, 2021 8:26 PM

Feb 2008
I was so sure that I'm gonna drop this show after three episodes, but I'm surprised that I was hooked ngl. Let's see how this anime progress, shall we?
Jul 28, 2021 9:22 PM

Jun 2014
I like the strategies that we see from Akira and how he actually uses his head and takes certain things into account, that's something one should expect from a survival battle show. It's nice to see him calmly think things through instead of acting impulsively or irrationally.

RIP Monkey man, although you could just tell he was fodder lol. It was cool to see more abilities in this episode from other characters.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 31, 2021 1:46 PM

Nov 2012
Copy girl should've copied Rin as she was stranling her and sent a blade n2 her heart.
Aug 2, 2021 5:13 PM

Aug 2019
that one girl is rocking that Burberry scarf though
Aug 7, 2021 12:07 PM

Jul 2008
Some of these abilities are really too specific...

and of course a swordsman ability character has to be voiced by Zoro's voice actor.
Aug 7, 2021 8:48 PM

Mar 2019
I must admit , I'm glad I checked this series out. I've enjoyed it a lot more than I expected it too. ITs nice to not have an MC whose a pushover either.
Aug 14, 2021 10:52 AM
Nov 2020
There's something about Yuuri that I really like. She was able to cry for a complete stranger's death (Sawatari). At least Sawatari was able to redeem himself in Yuuri's eyes, and he got to see some pantsu during his last day alive.
Sep 28, 2021 10:05 PM

Jul 2014
Jesus, the lingerie girl is so terrifying...ly hot! No but seriously, RIP Lupin guy and then she even choked Ringo for forfeiting, damn.

Speaking of Ringo, she looked so cold that when we saw her inner thoughts I was surprised xD. She is cute <3.

Isn't that Yuuri's stalker?

I'm loving all these mind games.
Oct 4, 2021 3:37 PM

Jul 2015
Rip to dumbass monkey man Sawatari, at least he saw some undies from two girls

So far most abilities are quite dogsh*t with the exception of Kirisaki, Yuuri and Rin where Akira's ability could be either useless or insanely overpowered.

Mar 20, 2022 3:24 PM

May 2019
I like this show, better then expected so far :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deatte 5-byou de Battle Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2021

70 by Miki42 »»
Dec 4, 2023 11:05 AM

Poll: » Deatte 5-byou de Battle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2021

89 by Tobytv »»
Nov 1, 2023 8:07 AM

Poll: » Deatte 5-byou de Battle Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2021

32 by AZ3SSIN »»
Jul 22, 2023 12:50 PM

Poll: » Deatte 5-byou de Battle Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2021

50 by removed-user »»
Jun 19, 2023 10:27 PM

» season 2?

Yeager_Kira - Apr 16, 2023

10 by Royez »»
Apr 19, 2023 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.