Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 20, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another episode that feels rushed. They tried to bring in some character depth with background stories this episode but it felt lackluster. Not a pretty sight to see either.

Shin and Yuuri's fight against that oversized guy was also underwhelming. Seems they're going to conclude Yuuri's fight with him for the finale. Sigh, only one episode left and this show has been dreadful.
Sep 20, 2021 10:42 AM

Jun 2019
Kuroiwa has a pretty strange ability IMO but hey if that works, that works and it's OP, So... no one's complaining. A lot of mind games were played between Akira and Kuroiwa. Akira did try to stall him with his words. But, that wasn't enough to make him believe his words. The back and forth struggle of mind games between them was alright, not very amusing tho.

We got some backstories on the characters as well. Looks like the final episode is gonna have the battle of that big guy and Yuuri and her team. One more episode to go.
Sep 20, 2021 10:54 AM

Jul 2017
The Sophist Akira vs. The Loanshark Kuroiwa with his slave ability, and it's truly an one-sided battle. Add Oogami into the mix, and these 2 are the real threats.

Akira still trying his best to play mind games with Kuroiwa, but it's clear that the latter has the upper hand in all regards, even if Akira tries to use his Sophist ability to the max. Akira one-upped by managing to etch a way out with it, and it's quite the smart strategy to finish Kuroiwa with that many spies and distrust amongst Team Red and Green...but then again, it's all Akira's strategy so he's manning an one-person battle to save a team.

On Oogami's side, it's apparent that he isn't human, and the dreadful backstory with both Kuroiwa and Oogami under Momoko's protection in the orphanage confirms that, their dream to create a kingdom for everyone that didn't turn out well. Same for Yuuri which we already seen her backstory before, both her's and Oogami's align.

As decent as the manga was in this stage, the anime looks seriously drab in comparison. Time to finish this with the final episode next week with Yuuri and Oogam's "inflated" battle.

Sep 20, 2021 11:03 AM

Feb 2019
Something about the pacing in this episode felt off to me. Felt like too much happening and crammed into one ep
Sep 20, 2021 11:07 AM

Feb 2019
One thing I've noticed with Oogami. He is the only instance of clear CGI used. This feels like the effect was done on purpose.

A story I'm writing I imagine in anime form wherein the faked areas created by magic are cgi look while real stuff is the standard 2d graphics. I wonder if that's what they're doing with Oogami.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Sep 20, 2021 11:12 AM
Sep 2015
The villain's backstory is not convincing but I'll give them a sympathy they need. Oogami in his young age was hot anyway.
Sep 20, 2021 11:56 AM
Jul 2021
DAMN, I love how smart he is, although it's definitely a little ridiculous how he's that smart it's insane and so crazy. I was getting pissed he let himself get manipulated but he somehow manipulated the whole thing holy crap. I can't believe he was the one who became that 'escaped prisoner' and fed him information. Seriously I wasn't sure about this show even for awhile but I seriously like it a lot more than I expected for a battle game show like this. I wish they didn't show that flashback those dudes are evil as hell how did that happen? I know that place they lived was awful but they became brutal killers. And the school made me think of Naruto(and a little Shiguraki) characters for some And the "Mom" even of she was manipulated she became a psychopath in the end even willing to let a baby die. Hope next episode is as good as this one.
DKDiabloLichtSep 20, 2021 11:59 AM
Sep 20, 2021 12:44 PM

Apr 2008
The explanations are getting less believable. "Ah, yes, I predicted the exact location you'd teleport to and that you wouldn't teleport again for some reason." "Oh, but I knew that and thus the exact location you'd stab me with a knife and had to let that happen before convincing you I could block it for some reason."

It's funny. My expectations for this show were rock bottom, but then by doing well for a few episodes it managed to surpass them enough that I'm back to being disappointed.
Sep 20, 2021 1:14 PM
Aug 2018
Bio said:
The explanations are getting less believable. "Ah, yes, I predicted the exact location you'd teleport to and that you wouldn't teleport again for some reason." "Oh, but I knew that and thus the exact location you'd stab me with a knife and had to let that happen before convincing you I could block it for some reason."

The problem of this anime is they are trying to make Kuroiwa and Akira looks smart. But, to this day, not one single action they made was "smart".... I would even say they're probably the dumbest "smart character ever".

No matter what you came up with, since Akira can literally be God as long as he's with Yuuri or Ringo, the manga is already over. End of story.

Honestly, if the author was able to come up with good moment with Akira, I could overlook it. But, no. His whole fight with Kuroiwa only "works" because the author say so. Just stop to think about it : Akira was surrounded by twenty people and they just did two weird attacks on him ? If they decided to attack Akira for real instead of being this kind of weird ass zombie, Akira is dead.

No need to force him to use his teleporting "ability" (yeah, right, he teleports with two guys exactly at the right place, sur...).

And yeah, sure, the only way to kill Akira is one single attack with a knife...
And in order to wing against Kuroiwa : Kuroiwa has to think at the perfect time that Akira has the "leader's ability"...

One rule in writing : You're only allowed to have one single coincidence happen in your book. Not one coincidence happening every single second...

I'll say it again. Akira could end up the game at any time. Heck, when he was a spy, he could just have killed everyone and the game would have been over before it has even started.

But, it get worst. Not only the author is, 80% of the time, unable to have any ability working correctly, he has to give unnatural power-up to random eleven years-old kids because of some random dude beating kids... Remember, the "old lady" who could not even report something to the police had no problem killing the leader... Speak about "character development".

At this point, I wonder, does this author can do a single thing right ? (I mean, just the last scene with Yuuri and the guy clashing their fist together while they have the same ability... Yuuri's fist must be destroyed... right ?)

One last episode, let's see how it goes...
First few episode was "fine", but, this arc... I mean... I shouldn't have expected more from an anime where the title is already irrevelant and they're just doing whatever...

Rukodaime91Sep 20, 2021 1:18 PM
Sep 20, 2021 1:30 PM

Jan 2013
Oh my this was god awful on so many levels.
Sep 20, 2021 1:49 PM

Oct 2020
my eyes are bleeding. wtf happened with the animation. it was never good but today’s one was horrible.

Sep 20, 2021 2:39 PM

Jun 2015
epic show right now!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 20, 2021 2:42 PM

Jun 2015
Vooo said:
Oh my this was god awful on so many levels.
d1eeM said:
my eyes are bleeding. wtf happened with the animation. it was never good but today’s one was horrible.

Nothing changed. Just grow up pls.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 20, 2021 2:53 PM

May 2016
So why only boys being tortured, where's the girls??? Ohh I forgot that boys (or male in general ) are not humans but insects 😒
Please forgive me for misunderstanding 🙇‍♂️
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2021 3:10 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Damn psycho gamer dude, back at it again with you conveniently coincidental plans that somehow work out in the end. Oh, and what's this? CGI dude has somewhat of a backstory to justify him being terrible? I just... well, there's one episode left to tie up loose ends... or most probably not.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Sep 20, 2021 3:21 PM
Jan 2009
You would think that Akira would confirm the kill on Kuroiwa and verify ability sealed, but who knows it might just be on purpose.
Sep 20, 2021 3:22 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kuroiwa's ability was kinda OP but of course he had to be mentally rekt by Akira
Sep 20, 2021 4:12 PM
Jul 2018
This animation is bad, they are using a lot of CGI in the fights, it is very decayed, the decision they will take to do the fights is with CGI, it didn't work out very well.

More even fight of Shin and Yuuri the flashbacks and showed the intentions that the leader of the red team had and has, more specifically and very heavy this past that he remains.
Sep 20, 2021 5:20 PM

Nov 2011
Great episode...however my biggest gripe with it...why the hell Did Yuuri throw that punch with her left when her arm is broken?
I know it's a little detail but unless she has some sort of regen or notfeeling ability...i feel like she wouldn't have done that.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 20, 2021 5:59 PM

Dec 2016
Akira's BS summarized in one picture

Of course, Akira knew beforehand that Kuroiwa's deathblow would be a stab to the gut and hence he carried a few pounds of steak under his school uniform to pull out the old "Tannem" trick. And there was not a single posibility that Kuroiwa would had slashed his throat instead or used any of his dozens of slave chumps to finish him off when Akira was subjugated. The fact that Akira has to let the villian know how he outsmarted him just to infodump the audience right in that moment, tells us how dumb this author thinks his target audience truly is.

ROFL, getting Kuroiwa's & Ichi's backstory in the heat of the battle is among the most cliche anime can get. Not to mention who the heck gives a crap about these 2 psychos who just love to use others as stepping stones for their own benefit because neither mommy nor daddy loved them enough when they were young.
KimurahSep 20, 2021 6:10 PM
Sep 20, 2021 7:38 PM

Mar 2016
I really wanted Akira to face some serious situation but nope, of course this OP as fuck protagonist was going to resolve everything even before the thing started.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Sep 20, 2021 8:25 PM

Sep 2013
This is the dumbest, most nonsensical thing I have watched in a while. It was like the author read/watched Death Note and decided to make an awful version of it for this episode that culminates with fucking cold steaks in a shirt. Also, am I supposed to feel sorry for those psychopaths who have gleefully been killing people because bad childhood? Sorry, I don't. It's not like this show was amazing to begin with but it's slowly crawling in that trash heap. I about lost it during Akira's montage when they showed Yuuri, they have about as much chemistry as a literature class.
There's no need for all this tension.
Sep 20, 2021 8:39 PM

Nov 2014
the hell vvas the CGI in this episode holy shit
Sep 20, 2021 9:15 PM

Oct 2016
In terms of budget, we have no budget. The manga is definitely way better, the anime's pacing is fucked, they cut a lot of stuff, and of course the visuals are barely holding up. I like the part with Yuuri at the end though.
Sep 20, 2021 9:28 PM

Aug 2021
I'm a bit confused about how Akira was able to stay in the form of the guy he copied when he went to the red team. Doesn't his ability involve someone else having to think that he can use the power? Or is it like once he starts using it, he can keep using it until any time he himself decides to stop?
Sep 20, 2021 9:44 PM

Jan 2020
Visuals definitely are holding almost everything back :(

Boring first half but I did like the second half better with the backstory. Still miles away from being my favorite episode in the series though which is a shame

Sep 20, 2021 10:08 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Sometimes, idk if my brain foolish me, or this episode was right dumb. I am still not convincing as how easily loanshark guy trapped under Akira's mind game. He's just too easy. I mean, seriously. When they were meet each others, and then him spitting some sense, i already know the glasses guy must be fooled in the end. The disguised spy explanation kinda fine, its a twist. But, the meat, and knife? Sasuga, gamer. Seriously, i have lost my faith watching this episode. Too good to be truth.

Anyway, the quality still bad. The flashback of the bad guys kinda feel like, its just there to filling the gap. No impact, no matter whats that, its nothing. But, if the quality handle in a better way, i think i can enjoy the second part way more than this time. Seriously.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 20, 2021 11:17 PM

Sep 2015
Oogamis and Masaya Kuroiwa past, felt way too average... and there was no depth as to why they wanted to build a kingdom, felt so rushed.

Oogami CGI felt very weird, the way how the veins are showing especially, the CGI for Yuuri is way better.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 21, 2021 1:21 AM

Jun 2014
I still don't get why they just randomly use CGI for Oogami and Yuuri at times and then 2D at other times.

This anime was pretty decent in the beginning but it has definitely fallen off. Akira really took "all according to keikaku" to the next level here; like someone else above mentioned, what if Kuroiwa had decided to slash his throat instead of stabbing him in the exact spot where he had his literal meat shield lol. Shoehorning in a sympathetic backstory at this point isn't going to make me care all of a sudden for those 2 sociopaths either. I've seen it done well elsewhere, where a sad backstory for an antagonist makes me change my mind about them and feel emotional for their death, but this isn't one of those cases. Animation continues to suffer, thank goodness this will be put out of its misery next week.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 21, 2021 2:15 AM
Feb 2018
I guess that Kuroiwa slashing his throat is a risk he's willing to take.
Sep 21, 2021 5:47 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
The first fight really felt like an asspull imo, and the cgi oogami was pretty weird.

smoochie smoochie

Sep 21, 2021 9:14 AM
Apr 2020
The animation quality was really bad this episode.
Sep 21, 2021 1:44 PM

May 2018
Well that's it for Kuroiwa, he got outsmarted by Akira.....OOgami, still at it with Yui, you know if that old lady really wanted to protect those poor orphans from the sadistic hands of the evil manager, why didn't she go to the Police and report it rather than not doing anything????
Sep 22, 2021 10:10 AM
Jul 2021
i hate it when anime this good become underrated...........

yes we know the quality not great since this is small studio with small budget.

but story good
RedCobra75Sep 22, 2021 10:24 AM
Sep 22, 2021 2:21 PM

Dec 2008
that's so hard to watch since 5-6 eps
started as potentially good battle royale show but now it's just fools parade and nothing more
Sep 23, 2021 2:31 AM
Jul 2017
The more climactic the battles, the worse it get for its animation. Smh...
Sep 23, 2021 8:40 AM

Nov 2013
When that flashback scenes happens, it was like "oh shut here we go again"
DannyTheDonkeySep 23, 2021 8:44 AM
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Sep 24, 2021 7:22 AM
Apr 2018
each episode looks uglier than the one before:/
Sep 25, 2021 12:41 AM

Oct 2008
looks like Kuroiwa Masaya has fallen first huh... but Ichi is a much difficult b0ss mode huh...
4/5.

Sep 26, 2021 10:19 AM
Aug 2018
eyeofflame said:
I'm a bit confused about how Akira was able to stay in the form of the guy he copied when he went to the red team. Doesn't his ability involve someone else having to think that he can use the power? Or is it like once he starts using it, he can keep using it until any time he himself decides to stop?

Good point.

The biggest problem of this anime is... ability do what the author wants, when he wants it (it doesn't have to respect any logic). And obviously, Akira's ability is the "best" ability to produce any results he wants...

Most ability used in the show have so many problems (just thinking about the ability of being invincible for 2 seconds without any clear cooldown period, people being able to use 5 times their strength without any needs for training, transforming blood into torture device and killing a guy when no blood was shown, being able to copy an ability with only 1/10 turning out to be equal to the ability copied, leader ability for negotiation don't make any sense either since he can use against monster who can not negotiate... but the worst one are obviously Akira (who could ask for the ability to insta-kill anyone) and Kuroiwa who is just non-sense if you think about it...)

I think the authors doesn't really care at this point. He's just doing whatever he wants even if it doesn't make any sense...

Sep 26, 2021 2:31 PM
Jul 2021
I still don't get why Kuroiwa's slaves broke free when he was punched in the gut. They have not paid their debts yet.
Sep 27, 2021 12:32 AM
Aug 2021
LoliSenpai0x said:
So why only boys being tortured, where's the girls??? Ohh I forgot that boys (or male in general ) are not humans but insects 😒
Please forgive me for misunderstanding 🙇‍♂️

I feel like if the girls were tortured the show definitely would get cancelled in some way. Face it man, us man if we were r#pe not one gives a crap. If it was for girls then news will be all over. Dumbest sht ever. Talk about equality.
Oct 2, 2021 12:56 PM

Jun 2016
I burst out laughing when Akira revealed that he infiltrated the Team Reds base and learnt the slaves' abilities, positioning, etc for the boss fight. How anyone can take that seriously is beyond me. The prepared meat for the knife stab was also hilarious.

Oct 2, 2021 11:18 PM

Jul 2008
Akira is way too smart for this show.

Also Oogami's CGI was horrible.
Oct 4, 2021 8:56 AM

Dec 2016
Akira has got some nice manipulating skills but the way they are flexing it makes it seem like "Oh he's the MC so everything will go the way he wants." Literally every situations in this anime is ridiculously on Akira's side that it gets too underwhelming.

About Oogami and Kuroiwa's past, that was some Gibiate type storytelling, actually even Gibiate is quite better than this. Why did they exaggerate it so much that it seemed so unrealistic...I couldn't even get myself to sympathize because of the over dramaticism.
Oct 5, 2021 4:55 AM

Jul 2015
*slow clap* Akira you crazy madman, playing this whole psychological game to defeat slave owner Kuro there.

The backstory there was quite bad where I don't mean it in the way of them being horribly treated. Onto the last episode to see defeat CGI monster Ichi.
UnkrownedOct 5, 2021 5:09 AM

Nov 15, 2021 7:45 PM

Aug 2018
wait his power is to be invincible for two seconds but he was weaker lol that is a plot hole, then you have the girl be as strong as the the bad guy. So he really isnt invincible then lol bad writing. Escanor did it better when he was invincible for one minute he really was.
Nov 16, 2021 12:04 PM
Nov 2018
All true!

Amazing: "I narrowed your choices so you could only teleport to one position." Or, he could go straight back, or to the left or to the right, to get away.

Two steaks strapped to the belly against a knife attack. What if the knife hit the chest? Or the arms or the throat?

It's too bad Akira's cannon can't hit A SINGLE PERSON IN THE WHOLE ANIME. If it could, he could have killed Kuroiwa immediately. Kuroiwa should have feared that, but he didn't.

Rukodaime91 said:
Bio said:

The problem of this anime is they are trying to make Kuroiwa and Akira looks smart. But, to this day, not one single action they made was "smart".... I would even say they're probably the dumbest "smart character ever".

No matter what you came up with, since Akira can literally be God as long as he's with Yuuri or Ringo, the manga is already over. End of story.

Honestly, if the author was able to come up with good moment with Akira, I could overlook it. But, no. His whole fight with Kuroiwa only "works" because the author say so. Just stop to think about it : Akira was surrounded by twenty people and they just did two weird attacks on him ? If they decided to attack Akira for real instead of being this kind of weird ass zombie, Akira is dead.

No need to force him to use his teleporting "ability" (yeah, right, he teleports with two guys exactly at the right place, sur...).

And yeah, sure, the only way to kill Akira is one single attack with a knife...
And in order to wing against Kuroiwa : Kuroiwa has to think at the perfect time that Akira has the "leader's ability"...

One rule in writing : You're only allowed to have one single coincidence happen in your book. Not one coincidence happening every single second...

I'll say it again. Akira could end up the game at any time. Heck, when he was a spy, he could just have killed everyone and the game would have been over before it has even started.

But, it get worst. Not only the author is, 80% of the time, unable to have any ability working correctly, he has to give unnatural power-up to random eleven years-old kids because of some random dude beating kids... Remember, the "old lady" who could not even report something to the police had no problem killing the leader... Speak about "character development".

At this point, I wonder, does this author can do a single thing right ? (I mean, just the last scene with Yuuri and the guy clashing their fist together while they have the same ability... Yuuri's fist must be destroyed... right ?)

One last episode, let's see how it goes...
First few episode was "fine", but, this arc... I mean... I shouldn't have expected more from an anime where the title is already irrevelant and they're just doing whatever...
May 5, 2022 10:04 PM
May 2022
People say this episode had a lot happening in it, but I love it when that happens. The outsmarting of the loan shark was great (except for the meat that was a bit bs) and all the stories are wrapping up in a nice way. People say its rushed, but when you have to fit a show into a certain amount of episodes what else are you meant to do other than rush it a little? Cut them some slack guys
Apr 9, 2023 7:50 PM
Aug 2021
too simple. Not connected with characters.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deatte 5-byou de Battle Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2021

70 by Miki42 »»
Dec 4, 2023 11:05 AM

Poll: » Deatte 5-byou de Battle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2021

89 by Tobytv »»
Nov 1, 2023 8:07 AM

Poll: » Deatte 5-byou de Battle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2021

54 by brunoyilli »»
Sep 12, 2023 5:52 AM

Poll: » Deatte 5-byou de Battle Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2021

32 by AZ3SSIN »»
Jul 22, 2023 12:50 PM

» season 2?

Yeager_Kira - Apr 16, 2023

10 by Royez »»
Apr 19, 2023 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.