Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 5, 2021 10:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, typical protagonist gets sent to another world after a tragic incident. (bus accident)

That fantasy world looks like something you'd find out of a JRPG game. Rio actually seems like a tough guy living by himself. It felt like following his adventures shows the reality and cruelty of that world. Rio seems like a guy with a good heart as he also saved a girl that was being held captive. This show actually turned out to be slightly darker than I had anticipated.
Jul 5, 2021 10:30 AM

Jul 2017
The 2nd Isekai show of the season, and for the main character like Haruto Amakawa, fuse every Isekai death reincarnation you know with the Mushoku Tensei reincarnation formula, and you get one body, two personalities: Rio, a lonewolf orphan who's fighting to survive another day in the slums and being an immigrant. Turns out he also can use magic by some unknown means, and that he learns quick to fend off an assailant.

The problems don't stop there: Getting into problems one after another that Rio can only comprehend situations he knows best, but all he got was allegations without trial for a kidnapping of royalty that he didn't commit. A good guy that got roped into some abhorring royalty torture treatment, and that put a detest to his face. All Rio got that out of the deal, is the enlistment in the Beltram Kingdom in the Royal Academy from Celia for saving the abducted 2nd Princess Flora.

A fantasy generic Isekai all the way through, will have to see more of what this could turn out to be. Hopefully it's not just a dark, revenge story for that sense, or otherwise it seems brain-dead to me that doesn't care much about it's obscenely fast pacing.
KANLen09Jul 5, 2021 10:55 AM
Jul 5, 2021 10:34 AM

Jan 2021
Why is he called Haru? Seeing that it's a Harem I can only think of Osamake .-.

Now I understand why people hate Isekais.... This beginning couldn't get any more boring and predictable. I just hope they shut me up with some turn of events or something
Jul 5, 2021 10:48 AM

Mar 2020
Clas1ck said:

his beginning couldn't get any more boring and predictable.

Beginnings are always been the hardest part to go though when it comes to isekai for me regardless the quality of the show overall lol
Jul 5, 2021 10:54 AM

Jun 2019
Yup... another generic Isekai. Really predictable and very typical. Damn... I wish we had some good Isekai's for fuck sake. But instead, we got this. Not saying it'll be really bad cuz that could change in a single episode but for now man this is your average generic Isekai.

I hope they turn things up a bit to make it more interesting. Rio seems like a nice guy but once again, there's nothing that differs him from other Isekai protagonists, for now. We'll see how that goes. Hoping for some cool in the future episodes. It's a bit darker than usual tho which can be really intriguing in the upcoming episodes.
Jul 5, 2021 11:21 AM
May 2020
I don't see the episode anywhere on crunchyroll, funimation, and even kissanime. Where did you guys watch the first episode?
Jul 5, 2021 11:23 AM
Dec 2020
+1 yeah anyone have any ideas?
Jul 5, 2021 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
Train-kun does it again 🤣
Quite a generic isekai anime and there were nothing much that happens in the first episode. Except there is someone that really wants to kill the royal family members. Rio's life was harsh but he is a good guy anyway. He even wants to learn royal etiquette.

Yeaaah!!!!! Agupon's ED. 🤩
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 5, 2021 11:59 AM

Apr 2018
one of the most brutal train-kun thus far
Jul 5, 2021 12:02 PM

Jun 2020
I have a new appreciation for all the other 1st episodes that aired so far in Summer after enduring this.
Jul 5, 2021 12:10 PM
Jan 2021
pretty generic and predictable isekai, but i like this kind of generic isekai lmao
Jul 5, 2021 12:10 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The manga I read about it was better even though it was average, too bad they removed the prostitute girl that cared about him as the beginning, the murders just feel very random, it's also less edgy for the torture part I expected it to be more bloody (xD), and now it's already the "redemption" part where he left the slum life... well maybe it will be more interesting later because the events are better but so far it's quite bad, and the animation doesn't save it at all, that's a pity.
Jul 5, 2021 12:15 PM
Jan 2021
I'm kinda disappointed. Pacing of a first episode was way to fast. It seems that, they tried to run through "boring" beginning, what I consider to be a mistake. Few important pieces were changed, what effects the story (mainly Celia being in cell from beginning and not mentioning the collar of submission).

I hope next episodes won't disappoint as such
Jul 5, 2021 12:23 PM

Feb 2020
Yawn...

Yet another generic isekai.
Jul 5, 2021 12:27 PM

Jun 2021
Nice
Was waiting for this from many months
I like generic anime with powerful Protag and harem
So I'm looking forward to this...
Jul 5, 2021 12:29 PM

Mar 2018
Wow this sure is an isekai that exists
Jul 5, 2021 12:31 PM

Dec 2014
I guess the only real different thing about this premise was the fact that he was somehow merged with a real person in a different world instead of either being transported as he was or being born with memories.

Honestly, I thought it was okay until the point where he brings the princess back to the guard and the others looking for her. Everything from that point felt incredibly contrived and the writing was very poor. It's clear MC made the connection that the girl he found was kidnapped and also the one the group he met before was looking at, yet when asked to explain the situation he consistently says "She asked me to". Like what kind of an explanation is that? He's just contributing to the misunderstanding. Is it really that weird to mention that you found her kidnapped and brought her back here and also mention that he can lead them right to the scene of the crime? At least, he eventually mentions that he rescued her and I assume he's the one who leads them to crime. Of course, we would have to see him treated like a criminal even though he clearly helped them. I mean, if he was really a part of the kidnapping plan, would he really bring her back?
I'm just saying, the scenario feels very contrived just so the MC could be X and Y characters important to the story.

I'll give it a few more episodes and the benefit of the doubt.
Jul 5, 2021 12:43 PM
Feb 2021
R.I.P TRUCK-KUN lol
Jul 5, 2021 12:46 PM

Sep 2019
Imagine starting the anime with a childhood friend who has no chance to win. Did that childhood friend become the god? That's the feeling I got from the ED.

Train-kun striked before even a minute passed lol it felt weird. I didn't like the first episode, it was pretty bad. The animation wasn't anything special, neither was the music. The story is very generic so far, character designes weren't that interesting either. Some of them were still cute though.
Jul 5, 2021 12:54 PM
May 2021
KANLen09 said:
The 2nd Isekai show of the season, and for the main character like Haruto Amakawa, fuse every Isekai death reincarnation you know with the Mushoku Tensei reincarnation formula, and you get one body, two personalities: Rio, a lonewolf orphan who's fighting to survive another day in the slums and being an immigrant. Turns out he also can use magic by some unknown means, and that he learns quick to fend off an assailant.

The problems don't stop there: Getting into problems one after another that Rio can only comprehend situations he knows best, but all he got was allegations without trial for a kidnapping of royalty that he didn't commit. A good guy that got roped into some abhorring royalty torture treatment, and that put a detest to his face. All Rio got that out of the deal, is the enlistment in the Beltram Kingdom in the Royal Academy from Celia for saving the abducted 2nd Princess Flora.

A fantasy generic Isekai all the way through, will have to see more of what this could turn out to be. Hopefully it's not just a dark, revenge story for that sense, or otherwise it seems brain-dead to me that doesn't care much about it's obscenely fast pacing.
Which is first one?
Jul 5, 2021 1:08 PM

Jun 2009
Dragevard said:
one of the most brutal train-kun thus far

That train accident really did surprise me, it made me fall out of the chair...
Kudo to the director though

Jul 5, 2021 1:18 PM

Jul 2015
Please somebody tell me it's a fkin joke...
So far we have:
- Matsuoka harem
- Round Isekai city
- Mary Sue OP for no reason protagonist
- Literally fkin Kirito:

It can't get more LN adaptation than that.

I already know it has no potential whatsoeverto transcend beyond trash level, yet it still might be a fun ride.

Jul 5, 2021 1:19 PM

Apr 2018
Typical isekai MC?
YES!
Harem?
YES!
Fast pacing?
YES!
Overpowered?
YES!
The second of the isekai, Bus-kun gets hit by Train-kun. Haruto, gets a body in the isekai world. Turns out he has a TON of magic power and in just a second he mastered and defeated an enemy with his magic powers xD

And yeah, very predictable.. he gets on good terms with the princess.. joins the royal academy.. becomes an overpowered character.. creates a harem and saves the world! xD

Anyway this might be a typical isekai anime, I still kinda enjoyed it. The visual effects were bad but cool. Opening and ending are both pretty chill and animation is decent I guess. Rio's VA (when he's mature) is amazing. Can't wait to hear him!

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 5, 2021 1:23 PM

Nov 2016
Damn train-kun

This is reminding me of Shichisei no Subaru. Probably because that one was more on the dramatic side as well. And more importantly, unlike Realist Hero, this seems watchable.

Gonna give it a few more episodes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 5, 2021 1:23 PM

Jan 2014
Even if it fits usual setting. Felt the first episode was pretty good honestly.
Jul 5, 2021 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
this episode reminded me of how painfully mediocre and generc the first volumes were, anyway decent adaptation
Jul 5, 2021 2:19 PM

May 2018
I really can't tell if the main character is Rio or Haruto, but the girls are top tier waifus :D
Jul 5, 2021 2:28 PM
Apr 2021
kboy21 said:
I don't see the episode anywhere on crunchyroll, funimation, and even kissanime. Where did you guys watch the first episode?
it's up on Crunchyroll if you haven't found it yet.
Jul 5, 2021 2:28 PM
Apr 2021
kboy21 said:
it's up on Crunchyroll if you haven't found it yet.
Jul 5, 2021 2:29 PM

Feb 2017
Wow I fell for whoever said "he's not just OP cuz he got isekai'ed, he worked for it!", he's a malnourished 10 year old but because some sort of spirit told him to concentrate he was able to use magic for the first time to beat some sorf of assassin that was also using magic, yup not OP just 'cuz.

Also he later turns into a discount kirito that happens to also be part saiyan.
Jul 5, 2021 2:42 PM

Jun 2016
Byniavo said:
I really can't tell if the main character is Rio or Haruto, but the girls are top tier waifus :D

And they are many, it seems it will be an overcrowded harem... lol XD
Jul 5, 2021 2:56 PM
Aug 2010
I remember reading the first chapter of the manga adaptation to check if it was any good. It was trash. The anime adaptation is the same trash, but I might just watch it for a few chapters while doing something else.
Jul 5, 2021 3:15 PM
Jul 2020
Being a light novel fan, i've heard about this series quite a few time. Will stick to it. As I like to finish an anime. Unless it becomes super boring. Let's hope it won't.
Jul 5, 2021 3:21 PM

Jun 2021
spacetimeAnime said:
Which is first one?

Assuming they weren't counting Bakarina season 2, they probably mean Realist Hero.
Jul 5, 2021 3:21 PM
Jan 2021
kboy21 said:
I'm kinda wondering the same thing
Jul 5, 2021 3:24 PM

Nov 2013
Suicide bus-kun meets speedy train-kun.
Truck-kun still hungry this season!
Jul 5, 2021 3:27 PM
Apr 2020
O.O

Our main character is killed by train-kun instead of truck-kun this time.

The internal conflict/identity crisis of being Rio or Haruto was very good. I liked that.

I also like the whole concept of him living in the slums but I guess that's not lasting long judging by the description. Seems like this is just going to go in a full standard isekai direction.
Jul 5, 2021 3:33 PM
Oct 2020
Pre_Yum said:
Yup... another generic Isekai. Really predictable and very typical. Damn... I wish we had some good Isekai's for fuck sake. But instead, we got this. Not saying it'll be really bad cuz that could change in a single episode but for now man this is your average generic Isekai.

I hope they turn things up a bit to make it more interesting. Rio seems like a nice guy but once again, there's nothing that differs him from other Isekai protagonists, for now. We'll see how that goes. Hoping for some cool in the future episodes. It's a bit darker than usual tho which can be really intriguing in the upcoming episodes.

Bro just watch it or don’t, I don’t think it’s bad, it’s watchable
Jul 5, 2021 3:40 PM

Jun 2021
Is it bad that my favorite part was how he got isekai'd? Like, damn, truck-kun just isn't cutting it anymore. We need train-senpai to come along and mangle the MC and a bus full of people into a pretzel, just so we can isekai all of them, too.

Overall, nothing too great, nothing too terrible. Time will tell how it'll fare.

I've probably binged worse animes, but I don't know if it'll hold my attention enough to watch it on a week to week basis.
Jul 5, 2021 4:12 PM
Jan 2021
Clas1ck said:
Why is he called Haru? Seeing that it's a Harem I can only think of Osamake .-.

Now I understand why people hate Isekais.... This beginning couldn't get any more boring and predictable. I just hope they shut me up with some turn of events or something
Technically he's called Rio 🤓
TATAKAE!! TATAKAE!!
Jul 5, 2021 4:15 PM
Nov 2018
In episode 1 This anime is not very interesting with a mediocre storyline and plot
Jul 5, 2021 4:32 PM

Apr 2017
They sure know how to make people despise roaylty.
Jul 5, 2021 4:37 PM
Apr 2021
some random Japanese guy gets reincarnated into the mind of a lowly slum rat. Such a concept has so much potential if you were to keep them as separate entities but this show went down the most boring path.

side note: I do karate and I just wanted to say that haruka's fighting style doesn't make any sense. He was tall and fought people mostly shorter than him. So why is he suddenly using moves and techniques that only someone Rio's height could use?

Back on the main point, another aspect where the story is squandered was when his love interest appears and tells him what to do. This was the perfect chance for him to figure this stuff out on his own in a tense and exciting way, rather than some lady pause the game and give him a quick tutorial. Awful choice.

overall this show has a lot of promise, however the writer keeps making poor decisions so I don't think this show really has much potential.
Jul 5, 2021 4:39 PM

Oct 2010

• singleplayer: kill protag with Truck-kun.
  • multiplayer: get all protags on a bus. Kill them with Train-kun.
  • massive-multiplayer: route huge Asteroid-kun to the planet and kill every inhabitant. Second Coming.
geptorJul 5, 2021 4:43 PM
Jul 5, 2021 4:42 PM

Jan 2021
seems very generic but who knows, it could suprise us
Jul 5, 2021 5:12 PM

Nov 2017
dantheman007a said:
Is it bad that my favorite part was how he got isekai'd? Like, damn, truck-kun just isn't cutting it anymore. We need train-senpai to come along and mangle the MC and a bus full of people into a pretzel, just so we can isekai all of them, too.

that made me laugh,how you phrased that :D - Though there was a reason for the scenes just before Bus-kun went suicidal :)

I've been enjoying the LN.Yeah,its generic,but Haruto/Rio has to make some pretty rough decisions,so lets see if they include those in the anime.
So far though,except for the exclusion of some bits from the LN,its not a bad start.
Good OP/ED so thats a point in its favour.
Jul 5, 2021 5:18 PM

Nov 2017
geptor said:

• singleplayer: kill protag with Truck-kun.
  • multiplayer: get all protags on a bus. Kill them with Train-kun.
  • massive-multiplayer: route huge Asteroid-kun to the planet and kill every inhabitant. Second Coming.
Nah,the MMO is an Orbital Ion cannon :)
The MMORPG is a giant super strong space monkey that settles into orbit and promptly drowns the entire surface in monkey pee and monkey manure,thereby preventing a Third Coming and causing an intergalactic war over its remains when Asteroid-kun's onii-chan turns up and turns the monkey into paste!
All we'd need then is Bench-kun to turn up,and then the universal rom-com would be royally screwed :)

Sorry,overly active imagination went monkeynuts there a little :D

Though it might make an interesting anime ;D

StarhammerJul 5, 2021 5:22 PM
Jul 5, 2021 5:20 PM

Jun 2013
This was better than i was expecting!
Jul 5, 2021 5:27 PM

Aug 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
I guess the only real different thing about this premise was the fact that he was somehow merged with a real person in a different world instead of either being transported as he was or being born with memories.

Honestly, I thought it was okay until the point where he brings the princess back to the guard and the others looking for her. Everything from that point felt incredibly contrived and the writing was very poor. It's clear MC made the connection that the girl he found was kidnapped and also the one the group he met before was looking at, yet when asked to explain the situation he consistently says "She asked me to". Like what kind of an explanation is that? He's just contributing to the misunderstanding. Is it really that weird to mention that you found her kidnapped and brought her back here and also mention that he can lead them right to the scene of the crime? At least, he eventually mentions that he rescued her and I assume he's the one who leads them to crime. Of course, we would have to see him treated like a criminal even though he clearly helped them. I mean, if he was really a part of the kidnapping plan, would he really bring her back?
I'm just saying, the scenario feels very contrived just so the MC could be X and Y characters important to the story.

I'll give it a few more episodes and the benefit of the doubt.

The way I see it, the knight did not bring him to the castle because she thinks he's the kidnapper. It was more like she wanted explanations and testimony since it was fact that he was with the abducted princess. They needed information from him and she also said at first to treat him courteously, but the knight in charge of the princess's escort messed up and was trying to make up by forcing Rio to make false confession so he could gain merit by arresting the culprit.

Byniavo said:

Well, they're basically merged and thus the two of them are the MC, although Rio's probably got a slight more dominant personality and he also decided to live as Rio instead of Haruto.

SideCharacterKal said:
Typical isekai MC?
YES!
Harem?
YES!
Fast pacing?
YES!
Overpowered?
YES!
The second of the isekai, Bus-kun gets hit by Train-kun. Haruto, gets a body in the isekai world. Turns out he has a TON of magic power and in just a second he mastered and defeated an enemy with his magic powers xD

And yeah, very predictable.. he gets on good terms with the princess.. joins the royal academy.. becomes an overpowered character.. creates a harem and saves the world! xD

Anyway this might be a typical isekai anime, I still kinda enjoyed it. The visual effects were bad but cool. Opening and ending are both pretty chill and animation is decent I guess. Rio's VA (when he's mature) is amazing. Can't wait to hear him!

There's several things where you're wrong but I wouldn't point out since it'll be spoilers. Well try to watch the first 3-5 episodes. Also, he's very strong and capable just like you said but not that amazing to the point that no one (incluidng countries or the world) could oppose him (at most he would be like Kirito level).

Luxeraph said:
Wow I fell for whoever said "he's not just OP cuz he got isekai'ed, he worked for it!", he's a malnourished 10 year old but because some sort of spirit told him to concentrate he was able to use magic for the first time to beat some sorf of assassin that was also using magic, yup not OP just 'cuz.

Also he later turns into a discount kirito that happens to also be part saiyan.

Hmm, I don' t know how should I explain this but in the LN, it was stated more clearly that what he's using isn't "magic" but a far more advance ability that is currently unknown (also remember that got much much more magic power than the assassin). Also, he didn't focus so he could use the "magic" but it was so the pink hair girl could share her memories with him and guided his body directly so he could use it right away. Ofc, this doesn't mean he mastered it yet.
whiters99Jul 5, 2021 5:41 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2021 5:29 PM

Aug 2020
Hella so brutal Train~kun, seems good and worth it to watch i guess. Feel bad for Rio for false accusation. Well looks interesting ima looking forward for next episode.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2021

158 by Playcool »»
Mar 11, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2021

70 by Kraum »»
Feb 2, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2021

62 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 21, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

86 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2021

66 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.