Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 2, 2021 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good old Otome Flag is back and we got Katarina and her usual antics. I actually find the beginning of this episode even more amusing than I anticipated with her inner selves. I love how energetic Katarina is in this sequel already and didn't hold back her excitement.

Looks like we got a festival theme episode for the show's return. I'm glad they bought back all the relevant cast already. Feels like this show is off to a very entertaining start.
Jul 2, 2021 9:55 AM

Jul 2017
Bakarina IS BACK...and more reverse-harem rom-com hijinks continue!

Season 2 coming back to continue the story from the prequel last year, and Katarina cleared Fortune Lover by leading her way out of all the "Bad End" routes that lead to her villainness doom, in victory and triumph.

It's nice to see all the Bishounen princes and princesses come back to be part of Bakarina's reverse-harem love "whatever shape" that never seems to end. And preparing for the Magic Academy festival is the next step in that direction, because why the hell not?

Even without the staple festival food from her past life, Katarina is enjoying herself with the gang...but:
- The villainness wanting to feed Keith in Mary's presence is a no-go with the scary Yandere like feeling. A Mary X Keith ship, YELP...
- Sophia asking Katarina to act out a play with Nicol at the theatre, and legs are crumbling at the love blushes.
- Even Raphael comes back in his goody-two-shoes behaviour with the OG heroine Maria. To avoid the marriage with Geordo, enlisting in the Magic Academy is the only way. And speak of the devil, Geordo and Alan communing together, that's so much better than their sibling fight before.

Prince Geoffrey and Ian with Suzanna and Selena, older brothers of Geordo and Alan and their fiancées, finally made their entrance, and you know what that means: more characters, more wacky situations!

A pretty good start to Season 2!
KANLen09Jul 2, 2021 11:30 AM
Jul 2, 2021 11:01 AM

Jun 2019
Now that our Katarina has avoided all the death flags on her. What will this season bring for her? Our cute princess is still so adorable. Not gonna lie, I really enjoyed the previous season and I'm really looking forward to this season as well.

The first episode we got was where Katarina enjoyed the cultural festival with her princesses' friends and all of the princes who adore her so much and basically her harem. Nice to see all of them back. Also, Katarina's mental conference is just as cute as the day we left it. LOL. So adorable. The season is definitely up to a good start.
Jul 2, 2021 11:11 AM
Sep 2015
It's just more of the same. Maybe I'm expecting too much when I want to see something vastly different in season 2.
Jul 2, 2021 11:23 AM

Apr 2014
Bakarina is back!!!!! Great start with the festival and a lot of delicious foods. The festival from the isekai surely different from the usual Japanese festival.
Jealous Mary, surely, was very scary. It was like she could kill everyone for Katarina. 😁
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 2, 2021 11:27 AM

Aug 2018
Bakarina might me more dense than Ichika 😂
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Jul 2, 2021 11:29 AM

Nov 2019
just glad its back and I'm already loving the comedy and Bakarina being Bakarina

The new characters really are something though
Jul 2, 2021 11:36 AM

Jul 2013
I wasn't sure will the second season be needed or not but I was already dying from laughter while watching Mary and Keith's scene. Katarina is just as amazing as ever and I came to conclusion that no matter how watered-down this becomes I am still going to enjoy it.

I hope the next episodes will keep the "behind the scenes" conversations between the members of the harem. I love that Mary is already setting rules which are, to be honest, much needed lol I'm looking forward to the country's updated constitution because of Katarina.

The Ascart siblings are working as one and Raphael seems to have stared rooting for Maria (except if his actions were self-driven but disguised as rooting for Maria) so we are finally seeing fractions within the harem! That scene in the opening with Alan and Mary is really cute.
The tricky thing with harems is that not everybody can end up happy, at least not in theory, so I was always hoping that through the anime the member will get to connect with each other in some way. I know this anime exists purely for comedy but it would be still pretty nice to see.

All in all, a pretty satisfying episode and I can't wait for more lol
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jul 2, 2021 11:57 AM

Feb 2020
One whole year made me forget how wacky Hamefura is haha! Things are becoming very spicy once again.

Opening is a vibe
Jul 2, 2021 12:08 PM

Jan 2014
I love how I've been casually watching some old AVGN stuff, and then here is Katarina with a golden looking Virtual Boy omfg.

Such a sweet episode all round though, as if the show never left us before, and already can't wait for next week's ep.
Jul 2, 2021 12:10 PM
Mar 2021
How much have I missed my dearly Katarina and the other characters! This makes me wanna keep on reading the LN. Mary is always one step ahead from everyone, gotta love her xD
Jul 2, 2021 12:11 PM

Dec 2019
I've really missed this cast a lot, im interested to see where we will go from this point though
Jul 2, 2021 12:15 PM

Feb 2019
Lets goooo, been over a year since we last saw Bakarina, can you believe it? Somehow they managed to make this series even funnier and more over the top. I’m hoping this is the tone that the second season sticks with throughout, it’s on pace to be better than season 1
Jul 2, 2021 12:23 PM

Oct 2017
Yes yes this, this is what I've been waiting to see, the classic Bakarina and co. Glad to see they are the same as ever, Bakarina never changes. Foods comes before everything and as usual she's dumb in an amusing way. The others fighting over her as usual was amusing af too. Also Geordo's big brothers and their betrothed seemed like fun people.

Really amusing episode to start this season, can't wait to see more.
Jul 2, 2021 12:27 PM

Jun 2021
phantomfandom said:
It's just more of the same. Maybe I'm expecting too much when I want to see something vastly different in season 2.

From what I've gathered from the wiki and manga, season 2 should have some major developments, dramawise, so you might get your wish yet.

And right off the bat, we see in this episode Bakarina admitting to feelings for both Nicole and Maria way more definitively than anything in the first season.

But there's only so much you can expect from a comedy that depends on slice of life elements, lol.
Jul 2, 2021 12:29 PM
Oct 2016
Glad to see Bakarina is back! Very much enjoyed the first season last year of course so been excited for this sequel. Things picking up right where we left off, this premiere did a good job of reintroducing all our main characters so we are fresh on who they are and their relationships. I love this cast with all their crazy personalities, Catarina is a great lead with her off the charts density. All the boys and girls fawning over her and trying to surpass each other for Catarina love. This festival helped get back into this world showing them all helping out in some way. While also introducing new characters at the end and some looming from the shadows.
Jul 2, 2021 12:35 PM

Aug 2013
Good to have Hamefura back. I can't believe it has been a year since the first season aired.

Mary is scary as I remember her to be.

Katarina's womanly intuition is really something. XD

Fun start for this season. Looking forward to more.

Jul 2, 2021 12:35 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yes, it’s great to have this back! Bakarina moments, they were some of my favourites last year and I can’t wait to have more of her glorious moments this year too.

Nice little recap with the meeting there, Uchida Maaya-san’s performance is stellar as ever. I really liked that chill ost to start the episode off with, definitely need to put on repeat for a bit when the soundtracks come out.

Mary and Keith’s little thing there activating Bakarina’s sensors was hilarious, they weren’t even interested in entertaining that thought lmao. Tell you what, aggressive Nicol is a force to reckon with, meanwhile.

Maria and Catarina’s little moment was really sweet as well lol and it’s nice to see Raphael.

I wonder if Catarina’s mom really is here, lol. Would make for a little chuckle at the very least, for sure.

All in all, it was a great and eventful first episode, basically just what you’d expect from the series.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 2, 2021 12:36 PM

Jul 2014
That was super fun! Like, I loved the first season but I'm surprised at how much fun I had with this episode.

Mariaaaaaaaaaa, best girl is back! This may be a harem but this is the true ship.

The new characters already look fun, I want to see more of them.

Ah, looks like I really missed this show and how dumb Catarina is. Her women's intuition is just amazing lol.
Jul 2, 2021 12:46 PM

Jul 2014
With a four-minute recap, several still-image montages and a few long panning shots off-model already (notably Katarina when Mary and Keith are talking about how Katarina feeds him food), I'm concerned about this season from a production perspective; stuff like this shouldn't be happening in the first episode, but it's very noticeable.

Besides those concerns, this was a humorous return to the Villainess universe with all the characters being as funny as ever. Don't think there's much new to take note of here besides the introduction of the new characters, but I'm sure this is just the calm before whatever storm this new season has in store for Katarina.
AtavisticJul 2, 2021 12:49 PM
Jul 2, 2021 12:50 PM

Nov 2016
Recap made it easier to get into the start of this season, appreciate that. With it came Katarina's Mental Conference which was pretty amusing as always. It's one of my favorite aspects of this series. All in all pretty nice, feels like it was never gone.

Here's hoping for some yurilicious development between Bakarina and Suzanna. Would spice things up.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 2, 2021 1:06 PM

Jun 2021
Atavistic said:
With a four-minute recap, several still-image montages and a few long panning shots off-model already (notably Katarina when Mary and Keith are talking about how Katarina feeds him food), I'm concerned about this season from a production perspective; stuff like this shouldn't be happening in the first episode, but it's very noticeable.

I agree, it's a bit concerning, but hopefully that just means they just decided to put the production budget elsewhere in the season and focus on making this a recap episode. With the Ministry of Magic taking a heavier focus this season, they could be putting the budget into episodes with lots of magic or something.
Jul 2, 2021 1:11 PM

Apr 2017
Let's goooo. Polyamory chill anime for the win.
Jul 2, 2021 1:14 PM

Sep 2019
It was a fun episode to start off the season. I liked the first season's OP and ED more, not really feeling this season's OP and ED.
Jul 2, 2021 1:30 PM

May 2018
Are those four characters new extension of the harem? Also there new faces in the ED (actually the future OP) so I guess some of those too...
Jul 2, 2021 1:35 PM

Jun 2021
While S2 feels unnecessary, no reason for me to not watch this after watching S1 so here we go.

First impression of this episode is that it really feels like it's episode 13, because nothing major happens. I figured they'd try to do something more interesting to start up a new season, but this episode felt pretty normal.

Highlight of the episode was Katarina playing the Virtual Boy.
Jul 2, 2021 1:51 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Now that Bakarina has avoided death for now all that's left for her to do is to get married, but that's easier said than done with all the men and women fighting over her. Hopefully she will hook up with one of the characters rather than trying to keep her harem intact.
Jul 2, 2021 2:27 PM

Jul 2015
Season barely started and Katarina is already hoeing.

Jul 2, 2021 2:28 PM

Mar 2021
Truly a disastrous start, worse than the previous season, it was in fact so bad that I dropped my phone on my balls several times while watching it, it was painful both for my body and my mind. I hope Catarina dies in this world too, they gave up on the main story to make some lame festival action.
Jul 2, 2021 2:38 PM

May 2020
Such a great comeback, this is why I love this anime, I couldn't stop laughing.

Something that got me in this episode was Catarina saying that both Nicol and Maria make her feeling something else than the others, it could be... Let's see what happens this season.
Jul 2, 2021 2:38 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Seems to be the same as the previous season so far but I wonder how will be the plot because it didn't really start yet
Jul 2, 2021 2:42 PM

Nov 2013
Oxalyc said:
Truly a disastrous start, worse than the previous season, it was in fact so bad that I dropped my phone on my balls several times while watching it, it was painful both for my body and my mind. I hope Catarina dies in this world too, they gave up on the main story to make some lame festival action.
Do everyone a favor, including yourself and go watch something else maybe? xD Masochistic much?
Jul 2, 2021 2:46 PM

Nov 2013
Battle for Bakarina continues! Shall we have a winner in this battle royal this season?
xDDD
Jul 2, 2021 3:02 PM

Mar 2021
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Oxalyc said:
Do everyone a favor, including yourself and go watch something else maybe? xD Masochistic much?
I have to watch it to know if it's good or not.
Jul 2, 2021 3:16 PM

Nov 2013
Oxalyc said:
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Just out of curiosity. Since, you obviously didn't like the last season and you consider this episode to have even worse start, what else do you need to see here to conclude that this show is truly bad? You already know that it's bad. I just can't figure out how your kind thinks. Not trying to be rude here, just wondering...
Jul 2, 2021 3:18 PM

Mar 2021
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Oxalyc said:
Just out of curiosity. Since, you obviously didn't like the last season and you consider this episode to have even worse start, what else do you need to see here to conclude that this show is truly bad? You already know that it's bad. I just can't figure out how your kind thinks. Not trying to be rude here, just wondering...
I finish what I start, as simple as that.
Jul 2, 2021 4:26 PM

May 2018
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Shall we have a winner in this battle royal this season?

Ever heard of the "Tehchi Solution"?
Jul 2, 2021 4:44 PM

Dec 2015
Catarina is so cute that she even attracts her brother-in-law's wife. hahahaha

I love this story, but I hope it has an ending. Let's go !
Jul 2, 2021 4:44 PM
Nov 2019
Catarina once again being stupid and misreading every situation. Favorite part was with Keith and Mary.
Jul 2, 2021 4:51 PM

Mar 2010
Ahh shes still a big baka.Everyone is still after her.
Jul 2, 2021 6:07 PM
Oct 2019
The first episode reminded me why I Absolutely adore this show. The overwhelming aura of wholesomeness was crystal clear. CATARINA IS BACK FINALLY!!

Catarina's still as popular as ever and her harem continues to grow. The highlight of this episode was the interaction between Nicol and Catarina since we barely got any moment between them in the first season so this was a really beautiful moment between the two. Keith's interaction with Mary was pretty interesting too while Maria and Raphael continues their efforts to stick around Catarina. The war is ON.

The opening was pretty great too. Overall a fantastic start to the season and I'm looking forward to it making my Friday nights wholesome.
Jul 2, 2021 6:24 PM
Jul 2018
Alright Catarina galore is back. What a good start.
Jul 2, 2021 6:25 PM

Dec 2013
This was just as lovely, cute, light-hearted and enjoyable as season 1, and Bakarina is just as pure.
Jul 2, 2021 7:42 PM
Jun 2017
yes, its back and i love the 1st episode
Jul 2, 2021 7:45 PM

Jan 2021
AHHH OUR BAKARINA IS BACK!! glad to see her again ♡ (and Keith, Nicol, and all of them ><)

I don't know how many times I replayed the scene when Katarina accidentaly said "I love you too, Nicol-sama" LOLLL as expected of Nicol's smile! And we back with Gerald x Keith bickering each other hahahah

And yeah, Katarina is always hungry~

I really enjoyed the previous season and I'm really looking forward to this season as well :3

Jul 2, 2021 7:50 PM

Jan 2011
yep that sure was our Bakarina cute and dumb as ever, i liked the first season up till the last arc but this seems like a soft reset on any plot and back to the good comfy ness of over eating Bakarina and her harem that looks like it might somehow grow even more this time around
Jul 2, 2021 7:57 PM

Dec 2020
ITS BAAAACK!!! and they're all still very much whipped for katarina. im so happy its back i got way attached to the characters from the last season
Jul 2, 2021 8:50 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, Bakarina back in action again! Its been a while, one year? Oh, that's a decent waiting time for this nice series. This first episode is a good time to start out and refreshing everything again, without any recapshit needed. Straight to the contain, that's very good.

Well, the first episode already got so much wholesome scenes, holy shit. Always love Katarina expression and skit, no shit. Maria and Sophia still as cute as before, always loving Bakarina much. That's great. Mary still hold her own charm pretty solid by how the little fight with Keith happened. I can't wait to see Katarina goes to magic academy. Though, its not the time, yet. Cause, there's a trouble? Yeah, troll moment for Katarina, filling out the villain role at those drama play. Finally, she is the real villain. I can't wait to see her act in the next week. It must be as hilarious as this first episode.

Lovely op too, as great as the first one. I can't even decide which one better. Thats all, from me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 2, 2021 9:05 PM

Feb 2011
ahhh the most dense chick in all of anime

im excited!

Jul 2, 2021 9:05 PM

Feb 2011
ahhh the most dense chick in all of anime

im excited!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The ship that you rooting for is?

Marshert - Aug 21, 2021

15 by superstaff »»
Apr 27, 12:58 PM

» Season 3?

cassandra9891 - Aug 27, 2021

7 by superstaff »»
Apr 27, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

76 by Shocked »»
Apr 22, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2021

86 by Shocked »»
Apr 22, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

106 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 9:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.