Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 12, 2021 10:36 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh Draken...fighting at an inch of his life after that stabbing. Takemichi took the liberty to help him no matter what deserves respect.

You can literally feel the level of despair from this episode but Takemichi represents a source of hope. He just doesn't give up on his friend and honestly, Takemichi's courage really showed this episode.
Jun 12, 2021 12:05 PM

Jun 2019
Oh boy... and I thought the previous episode was great. This episode took Takemichi's character development to another level. Takemichi got so much respect in my eyes in this episode just by standing against someone like Kiyomasa by himself in order to protect that he absolutely must. Mikey and the gang are still fighting Moebius back in the parking lot for now.

And, then his friends coming over to protect those two even though they knew they had no chance of beating those bastards but still they managed to buy them time. Huge respect for Takemichi and the boys and I'm glad that Draken is not dead at least yet. I hope everyone gets out safe and sound from there. Seriously, what an episode. Takemichi really beat Kiyomasa finally. Great going boy.
Jun 12, 2021 12:05 PM

Mar 2021
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh Draken...fighting at an inch of his life after that stabbing. Takemichi took the liberty to help him no matter what deserves respect.

You can literally feel the level of despair from this episode but Takemichi represents a source of hope. He just doesn't give up on his friend and honestly, Takemichi's courage really showed this episode.

ikr.... this is like my most favorite episode in this series as of now.... The true meaning of encouraging and trusting your friend even though you know its impossible for him to win is one of the most beautiful thing this episode has shown.
Jun 12, 2021 12:09 PM
Sep 2015
I'm wondering if I'm witnessing the birth of what will become the strongest and most powerful delinquent, that is Takemichi himself. I think when the weak give it all is more respect than the strong give it all. If Takemichi prove himself to give 100% of his might when he's weak, then he'll have no problem doing the same thing when he's strong, and he'll become a tour de force that will gain admiration from everyone in everywhere.
Jun 12, 2021 12:16 PM

Jul 2020
PSA: IF SOMEONE GET'S STABBED DO NOT REMOVED THE KNIFE, YOU'LL PROBABLY HAEMORRHAGE TO DEATH AND IT WON'T BE FUN. With that out of the way lets get into my review shall we lol.

Draken is still hanging on by a thread, shows the true delinquent power running through his veins. Takemichi carrying draken was kinda cool, but to be honest from a medical perspective this episode was a mess, like there was no pressure applied to the wound etc but it's anime I guess lol. Surprise surprise, kiyomasa is back to finish the job and bakamichi want's to run away.

Honestly, this episode was definitely the redemption of takemichi through and through, from a wimpy wannabe delinquent to someone who can stand up to a legit murderer - kiyomasa wanted to kill draken so yeah - the change is drastic and it shows how a few words - those from both hina and draken - and the knowledge of how powerful your regrets will go can change your perspective on things. Half-expected kiyomasa to pull out the knife, but wouldn't have guess it was the first move, thought it'd be like a desperate finisher instead so that caught me off guard.

The entire fight was spectacular though, seeing the wimpy takemichi holding on for dear life choking kiyomasa out and really goes to show how much his resolve has changed. The whole charade with the bets was ironically funny though, it was pretty much to egg on kiyomasa but I found it funny that they would make money during a shaky time, just how a true crypto millionare would eh - BUY THE DIP BUY THE DIP (I'm being sarcastic lol)..

When akkun and these lot jumped in my heart jumped a few beats, honestly thought they'd lose and they did but still, the stupid poses, the quotes and the fact they mirrored takemichi's resolve was perfect. Seem like the ambulance came just in time or is it the police, idk but they probably will scram from what takemichi said. Hopefully draken doesnt kick the bucket, since that would lead to a whole new world of complciations. Tokyo revengers really turning it up a notch and like McDonalds, I'm loving it.
LeviathanHWDJun 12, 2021 12:26 PM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jun 12, 2021 12:21 PM

Mar 2021
Criticiza said:
PSA: If someone get's stabbed please don't remove the knife

You're right but I don't think Takemichi can fight using that hand with the knife inside so he had to take that risk
Jun 12, 2021 12:26 PM

Nov 2020
Wtf this anime is crazy amazing. I thought the last episode would be the best one. This one just got me in my emotions. My god. I have no words for how amazing this anime it becoming.
Na, Hashiru No Suki Ka?

Jun 12, 2021 12:27 PM

Nov 2016
Takemitchy was savage lol, great job.

My favorite episode so far as well. The hype was on point.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 2019
Brooo we’ve gotta start talking about how gas Tokyo Revengers is . This episode was amazing. Takemitchy‘s development was on full display today. Standing up to everyone, weakened, bloodied and with no shot, his refusal to backdown was amazing. He also motivated Kiyomasa and co which saved the day at the end. Every episode I’m more and more impressed by him. Def not the usual shōnen mc.

Jul 2020
Dreamwielder said:
Criticiza said:
PSA: If someone get's stabbed please don't remove the knife

You're right but I don't think Takemichi can fight using that hand with the knife inside so he had to take that risk

It's an anime anyways, takemichi is protected by plot armour lol, it was more a statement to people who might find themselves in a bad situation and think back to that scene but yeah your point does make sense, maybe he could have used the knife as a knuckle buster xD!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jul 2017
The unfortunate eventual Toman vs. Moebius night that got Draken stabbed by Kiyomasa, the event that Takemichi was trying to rewrite history by going to the past, had happened.

He failed in protecting Draken, but at least until that point, he is still alive and worth saving. Takemichi must make the decision of life and death to save Draken from dying so that history can still be rewritten. That is, until the Kiyomasa faction caught up onto Takemichi, the injured Draken and the girls, and aside from the past trauma faced just moments at the festival, he decides not to be a dick who runs away from problems, and use his time-traveling 2nd chance to make things right.

Emma, Hina and Draken giving Takemichi confidence to exact his revenge while being played by Kiyomasa, plus the parallels of his past life's failure of unable to be like Mikey, Takemichy faces his own weak self as a nemesis, all while keeping Kiyomasa at bay with a stranglehold. WHAT A GUY to take his long-deserved revenge.

Both Draken and Takemichi looked like they are about to wear out, but the emergence of Akkun and the Mizo Middle 5 at the final moment is sublime. No time to regret about past mistakes, it's time to fight back and win.

Every episode I'm holding out my breath, and this experience of gang revenge only gets better the deeper this revenge game goes. Great, great, great episode nonetheless.
Jun 12, 2021 12:32 PM
Feb 2021
Takemichi leveled up, because up until now I thought he was just fine. It was powerful scene after powerful scene this week.
Jun 12, 2021 12:39 PM

Oct 2019
Mikey's fight with Hanma and his third rate goons was satisfying to watch both animation wise and because their faces were screaming "beat my pathetic ass up"

Takemichi's determination and courage was on point, and i liked that he didn't win by "plot power" meaning that he didn't win by hitting kyomasa in the face and etc, but rather by "less traditional manly ways" (biting and rear naked choking).

The atmosphere when Tachibana and Emma was crying was real too.

Great episode for sure!
Jun 12, 2021 12:39 PM

Jan 2021
I bet 500 million on Takemichi as well
Shit, it seemed impossible but he did it? My congratulations CLAP CLAP
AAAA, the saviours are here, well, it's the thought that counts.... :D. They will soon be victorious ( ̄ω ̄)

Ironic that Takemichi's t-shirt says Peace and Love on it 😂
Jun 12, 2021 12:43 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, this is just a blast!

Takemitchy’s revenge was incredible, glad he finally managed to redeem himself here. Definitely shouldn’t take out the knife though, lol. I’m really curious how he managed to crawl up To Kiyomasa’s neck but well, let’s keep that for later.

Good to see that Ken-san seems a little better now and with the ambulance right around the corner, here’s to hoping there’ll be no surprises next episode.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 12, 2021 12:45 PM

Nov 2020
Got spoiled for this episode, fuck my life.
Jun 12, 2021 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
Fantastic growth for beloved Crybaby hero. ✨
Jun 12, 2021 12:47 PM

Dec 2014
Epic episode.

Mikey vs Moebius's new leader was pretty hype. He seems to be the only one who can actually trade blows with Mikey.

The highlight was definitely the entirety of the sequence with Takemitchy and Kiyomasa. Absolutely epic and emotional at the same time, Takemitchy finding his resolve against an monstrously stronger opponent. Vowing to never make his mistakes twice, standing out of pure spirit, never backing down and getting his 'revenge' on his life by taking out Kiyomasa. All of Takemitchy's actions in the past helped Akkun realize that there are times you never back down. This is it, this is the essence, this is why I love Shounen. So much heart. <3
Jun 12, 2021 12:51 PM

Apr 2018
This is the start of Takemichi's life of a badass, strong deliquent.. The character dev. was amazing. Takemichi was their only hope to survive that battle. And he did it! He beat down Kiyomasa. Takemichi's squad came to rescue him. Let's see how this will play out.
Everything was really good, great episode.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 12, 2021 12:53 PM
May 2021
God! Such a great episode...takemichi sure is not your typical generic strong ass shonen mc..hes very realistic,even though he's not strong he keeps trying and find any possible way to solve a problem...btw this episode is kinda brutal too especially that knife part...also the way they call him "takomichi" got me laugh tho..in japanese "tako" means octopus XD
Night_killersJun 12, 2021 12:59 PM
Jun 12, 2021 12:54 PM
Apr 2016
Wonder if future Akkun is alive now when Takemichi saved Ken... Will we see him again?
Jun 12, 2021 12:56 PM
Feb 2021
Damn, this episode was on fire, Takemichi finally stood up for himself 💪
Jun 12, 2021 1:00 PM

Aug 2020
Takemitchy isn't pathetic at all, he stood up to fight. He should be proud that he managed to make such a difference, with this, Draken is probably going to survive.
Jun 12, 2021 1:05 PM
May 2021
This is definitely a big slap for takemichi haters from episode 9 XD
Jun 12, 2021 1:15 PM

Jul 2015
that censor was god awful.. what's wrong with CR! the symbols are gone.. those people affected the specific symbol are no more.. no one cares if the those symbols look alike the symbols of the present.. let me watch the goddamn anime in peace...
anyways..
damn that was brutal.. Takemichy get hand stabbed.. i normally never see someone get stabbed atleast in a non fantasy anime.. so this was start.. then again.. an MC never gets beaten this many times too..
Jun 12, 2021 1:18 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
About time Takemichi won a fight. Doesn't matter how strong your opponent is. If you can put your opponent in a sleeper hold, they will go down easy just like Kiyomasa who just went night night. The ambulance finally arrived, but it might be too late for Draken because he lost a lot of blood.
Jun 12, 2021 1:29 PM
Feb 2021
I love this anime but the pacing feels so weird sometimes.
Jun 12, 2021 1:35 PM
Apr 2021
Takemichi redeeming himself was incredibly satisfying, having not read the manga and only watching the anime, I hope we get to see more of his resolve through out the show!
Jun 12, 2021 1:41 PM

Jul 2017
damn the hand stabby stab was a lot less dramatic situation than I thought lol, thought he was gonna get stabbed blocking an attack on draken

but man, seeing Takemichi's revenge speech felt really emotional. I just hope he doesn't go backwards afterwards otherwise these "revenge" speeches will start getting repetitive lmao
Jun 12, 2021 1:53 PM

Jul 2011
Was a good episode even with the DBZ like flashback, that took 4 minutes.

Police is like a legendary creature that just appear out of nowhere. You can have a full brawl, scream your lungs out, can have long conversation about kill or be killed. And probably next episode if you are alive, they appear and say "We saved you, you are welcome, and you are under arrest. Because our slow response".
Jun 12, 2021 1:56 PM

May 2018
Takemitchy finally stands his ground. Now if only he goes lifting and starts learning how to fight properly... good episode. I feel bad for those watching the censored version lol
Jun 12, 2021 1:59 PM
May 2020
Such a great episode! And oh man Takemichi's character development and redemption was so satisfying to watch
However, Takemichi kneeling down doing nothing while Draken was laying there bleeding out really stressed me out, dude should have at least put some pressure on the wound lmao
Jun 12, 2021 2:12 PM

Dec 2020
I love how takemichi finally show courage and doesn’t run away and how he talk with draken kun was so nice to watch i like the character development of him in the 10 episodes so far.

I hope draken kun survived that bro xDD
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 12, 2021 2:25 PM

Jan 2021
Takemichi, what a badass.
Jun 12, 2021 2:31 PM
Jan 2021
Im proud of Takemitchy and his character development, In the past few episodes i feel like it really sunk in for Takemitchy that Draken and Mikey are his friends, i feel like he didn't believe it the first time Mikey called him his friend. I also got so hyped when Akkun and the others showed up, they knew they wouldn't win yet they fought inspired by Takemitchy's previous fight with Kiyomasa. I love that Takemitchy is aware of what he needs to do to better himself and at first it takes a while but slowly he's fixing his flaws, it makes his character more relatable as nobody is perfect and no one can automatically fix what they dont like about themselves. Sorry if they're any typos I have a bandage wrapped around my thumb and its really hard to type.
Jun 12, 2021 2:31 PM
Jan 2021
AlexIsTrxsh39 said:
Im proud of Takemitchy and his character development, In the past few episodes i feel like it really sunk in for Takemitchy that Draken and Mikey are his friends, i feel like he didn't believe it the first time Mikey called him his friend. I also got so hyped when Akkun and the others showed up, they knew they wouldn't win yet they fought inspired by Takemitchy's previous fight with Kiyomasa. I love that Takemitchy is aware of what he needs to do to better himself and at first it takes a while but slowly he's fixing his flaws, it makes his character more relatable as nobody is perfect and no one can automatically fix what they dont like about themselves. Sorry if they're any typos I have a bandage wrapped around my thumb and its really hard to type.
Love this episode btw probably my fav so far
Jun 12, 2021 2:32 PM

Jun 2015
Man, imagine this being made by MAPPA, Bones, or any other competent studio. How hype thi show would actually be.
Jun 12, 2021 2:38 PM

Apr 2015
Takemichi stood his ground against Kiyomasa, he put up a good fight and managed to win, great development! I love that his friends managed to help him out as well.

Still hope that Draken will be okay and that the ambulance will be in time!
Jun 12, 2021 2:42 PM

Nov 2014
Why did they cut out the animation of Takemichi going from biting Kiyomasa to putting him in a choke hold? They showed us the raining sky for like 5 seconds then suddenly switched to him switching positions. It was so weird. Was there something to hide/censor in that scene??
Jun 12, 2021 2:53 PM

Feb 2011
This episode was soooo fucking good, thank god the anime still moves a bit and it's not a complete slide show, the fights are looking pretty good !
Jun 12, 2021 2:53 PM
Mar 2021
Damn was that ambulance coming from Mars??! And was every neighbor dumb and deaf?? My poor heart...
Jun 12, 2021 3:04 PM
Dec 2020
I hated this episode LEFT US ON A CLIF HANGER LIKE COME ON IT WAS SO GOOD
Jun 12, 2021 3:08 PM
Oct 2019
Goddamn, truly amazing episode.
The moment when Takemitchy and Drakken both stand up, they really looked ready to die and happy to die together and fighting.
Jun 12, 2021 3:10 PM
May 2020
takemitchy and draken are a devilish duo. just wow
Jun 12, 2021 3:27 PM

Nov 2013
Hahaha... Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying this show really much, but I can't help but laugh at how ridiculous some events in stories such as these are.
At the end, Takemitchy confidently says "we have won", while his foe is all shocked and amazed and apparently defeated!
Why would you look so shocked though?!
Your friend stabbed a guy who's nearly dead. He stabbed another and was willing to kill both Draken and MC moments ago!
After this guy failed, you wanted to finish his job and stab 2 wounded guys to death in cold blood!
BUT
Once witnessing MC's and his friends "never give up" spirit, and the power of "true friendship" you suddenly start questioning your life decisions, start admiring your enemy, start thinking about morals and honour despite having none beforehand whatsoever???
Ridiculous! xD
It's too late for that. You can't expect a sane person to believe that a guy who was about to commit double murder, had a change of heart after some heroism from his enemy!!!
Without convenient plot armour such as this, MC,his buddies, and Draken would be slaughtered in less than 3 minutes and the evil gang would be on their way back home, before the ambulance even appeared on the horizon. The end.
Jun 12, 2021 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
Ngl, I loved this episode to bits, seeing all the characters developing their personalities and polishing their emotions, and Takemitchy's determination was kind of cool and nice.

But like other people have pointed out, the situations they are put in all the time and the fight against Kyomasa where Takemitchy bit him and was getting punched in the back and then the scene abruptly hides the way Takemitchy climbed Kyomasa to have him in a chokehold, are kind of ridiculous...

I even have an easy solution for those 2 seconds that they have hidden. Make Takemitchy bite Kyomasa while Kyomasa hits HIM, and then Takemitchy hits Kyo in the gut, while he touches his stomach from the punch, Takemitchy quickly climbs his back and chokes him... There. That would've been cooler than showing one big dude fighting against a small fry and then after 2 seconds, the small kid somehow has the big guy in a chokehold..

But anyway, I can ignore this stuff for the sake of the other qualities that this show has, so it's all good.
Jun 12, 2021 3:49 PM

Nov 2014
Ha, right back at Kiyomasa, the revenge is so sweet! Now I wonder if he is just knocked out or simply...dead o_o However, I am really proud over Takemichi and his friends coming to the rescue, it's not about physical strength, but mental strength, apparently, Kiyomasa and his knuckleheads to buddies don't have that.

Glad to see Draken alive and well (soon enough) But he literally signed on his death certificate when he stood back and prepared himself to fight alongside with Takemichi.

But honestly, when Takemichi said "they won the war", I literally thought of "we lost the battle, but won the war."
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2021 3:52 PM

Apr 2015
Good episode! Man I feel bad for Mikey when he's so worried about Draken, fuckin Hanma can't give him a break. The fighting choreography was actually pretty good though, glad to see the studio adding some fights not included in the manga. And here comes Takemichi's character development! Glad to see him win in a more realistic way, kicking Kiyomasa in the nuts would've been a good option but a chokehold isn't bad either. And Hinata was smart in calling an ambulance and back-up for Takemichi! Thank goodness.

The censoring was really weird this episode though, especially the part when they cut to the rain instead of Takemichi sneaking behind Kiyomasa's back to get him into the chokehold. Glad I watched the uncensored version first, but wtf? Those who didn't would be confused af.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jun 12, 2021 3:54 PM

Jul 2016
omg takemicchi he's a little bit cringe at times but he really tried his best at saving Draken and he might just pull it off

also, a nice last-minute appearance from his friends!! I really hope they win

the moms of the people who remove signatures are hœs
discord: Jotaakuu#8878

Jun 12, 2021 4:04 PM
Jun 2020
bruh this shit good af. I'll be picking up the manga for sure.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

255 by ejleon »»
Yesterday, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2021

186 by Tamima10 »»
Jun 16, 2:02 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2021

104 by Tamima10 »»
Jun 15, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2021

111 by Tamima10 »»
Jun 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

166 by Tamima10 »»
Jun 13, 3:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.