Forum Settings
Forums

Do you sympathize with bot accounts' creators?

New
May 8, 2021 5:44 AM

Sep 2019
You know that over a million bot votes were diminished by moderators recently. It took away all the hard work made with blood and sweat of botters. They made hundreds of thousands of bot accounts together to reach their different or same goals in a long term process. What will they have felt after seeing their dedication got diminished in a moment of time. That's why I wanna know that 'do you sympathize with them?'
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 8, 2021 5:48 AM
Jul 2018
No, they spoiled Attack on Titan for me.
May 8, 2021 6:11 AM

Oct 2010
all bots should be destroyed, especially the FMAB bots who still did not suffer any casualties
May 8, 2021 6:11 AM

Oct 2014
You really have no idea how bots or programming works, do you? You think someone was actually manually making accounts and emails?

What's with all these fraud apologists? Hope all these people get IP banned.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
May 8, 2021 6:26 AM

May 2018
"Do you sympathize with bot accounts' creators?"

No but I am envious of their stubbornness.
May 8, 2021 6:36 AM

Nov 2016
If nothing else, I feel pity for them and a bit of good ol Schadenfreude.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 8, 2021 6:53 AM
Mar 2021
Why do I care? Why do you care? I don't and you shall not as well. Watch more anime instead of being focused on ratings and stuff. Watch more and read more.
May 8, 2021 6:59 AM
Dec 2017
Its nothing but absolute cringe on what they all do and they got what was coming to them.

May 8, 2021 7:00 AM

Mar 2018
Why the actual hell would I care about bot accounts or they’re creators imagine wasting you're life creating accounts for a anime website when you know they’re eventually gonna get taken down by admins.
May 8, 2021 7:15 AM

Aug 2018
do i sympathise with bot accounts' creators? no
May 8, 2021 7:17 AM

Jan 2021
Nah. Why should I sympathize with them?
May 8, 2021 7:22 AM

Sep 2019
Lunilah said:
You really have no idea how bots or programming works, do you? You think someone was actually manually making accounts and emails?

where are these fraud apologists? Where I can find them?
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
May 8, 2021 7:25 AM

Oct 2014
Peeti said:
Lunilah said:

You. Along with those other threads crying about bots being banned and not accepting their favorite characters not being as popular as they thought.

There's nothing to sympathize with botters about.

May 8, 2021 7:28 AM
Jan 2021
PiyushSan said:

The same thing happened to me. Ya, fuck them.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2021 7:35 AM

Nov 2020
PiyushSan said:

This and Jojos part 6. I haven’t even finished part 1 yet
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
May 8, 2021 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
AngryVirgin said:
PiyushSan said:

Totally forgot about Jojo part 6. I was looking forward to watch it.
May 8, 2021 7:37 AM

Sep 2014
The only bot I sympathize with is SmashBlack.
May 8, 2021 7:39 AM

Dec 2020
their fault, they deserved harsher
an animes with like 1.4M votes doesn't go from 9.24 to 9.17 in a month
"no one really laughs on the internet, they just go 'hM' and type '𝕃𝕄𝔸𝕆𝔸𝕆𝕄𝔸𝕆𝔸'."

I'm Level 69 on Mal Badges. View My Badges.

May 8, 2021 7:40 AM

Oct 2014
PiyushSan said:
AngryVirgin said:

What did they do exactly? Mass create threads with spoiler titles?

May 8, 2021 7:44 AM

Mar 2019
Lunilah said:
PiyushSan said:

Basically there were bots which posted comments on users' profiles and/or sending DMs. The thing is, they were full of anime spoilers. Many people had to lock their profile comment and DM to prevent getting spoiled further.

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
May 8, 2021 7:46 AM
Feb 2017
I sympathize with the people who run these bot accounts and think they’re being edgy cool by spoiling and trolling.

They look stupid and annoying af.
May 8, 2021 7:47 AM

Mar 2019
I'll assume this thread is just another bait thread.

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
May 8, 2021 7:49 AM

Oct 2014
Mention-3 said:
Lunilah said:
Basically there were bots which posted comments on users' profiles and/or sending DMs. The thing is, they were full of anime spoilers. Many people had to lock their profile comment and DM to prevent getting spoiled further.
There needs to be stricter verification on making accounts or something, or restrictions on what new accounts can do, as a buffer for finding bot accounts.

May 8, 2021 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
Lunilah said:
PiyushSan said:

May 8, 2021 8:36 AM

Apr 2018
I'm indifferent to the score/ranking/favorites bots. Stats are meaningless here, so i see those as relatively harmless.

For the profile-invading spoiling bots, however, i'd be very satisfied if they all got sent to oblivion. I was never personally affected by them, but i believe the kind of people who make those deserve to have no joy in their lives.
Stygian_PrisonerMay 8, 2021 8:44 AM
May 8, 2021 9:15 AM

Sep 2019
Lunilah said:
Peeti said:
You. Along with those other threads crying about bots being banned and not accepting their favorite characters not being as popular as they thought.

ohh, so sad. I am a fraud now (that's not bad but an apologist one, eww), but you know that I believe in humanity. My belief forces me that we should spread love and give sympathy to heart broken botters. They are just kids got into wrong direction. Now when they will head into the direction of law, emee should hand them a support. Don't you think that, Loony tunes?
Mention-3 said:
Lunilah said:
hahaha, they were annoying. Filled my account with spoilers but at least I don't care about spoilers.
PeetiMay 8, 2021 9:20 AM
May 8, 2021 9:19 AM

Jul 2020
PiyushSan said:
Lunilah said:

Lmao I'll use this meme in my friend's club.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
May 8, 2021 9:23 AM
Twintail Expert

Feb 2019
for what reason am I supposed to be sympathizing with them
_FRB_May 8, 2021 9:26 AM
May 8, 2021 9:30 AM

Oct 2014
Peeti said:
Lunilah said:

ohh, so sad. I am a fraud now (that's not bad but an apologist one, eww), but you know that I believe in humanity. My belief forces me that we should spread love and give sympathy to heart broken botters. They are just kids got into wrong direction. Now when they will head into the direction of law, emee should hand them a support. Don't you think that, Loony tunes?
I didn't call you a fraud i called you a fraud apologist.

No idea what any of this other non-sense you wrote is about.

May 8, 2021 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
Scordolo said:
PiyushSan said:

Lmao I'll use this meme in my friend's club.

That's actually a meme format used by bots to spoil other users.
May 8, 2021 9:35 AM
Dec 2018
Lunilah said:

No, you are absolutely right. I have no clue or idea whatsoever how programming works. Would you care to enlighten me? Thanks in advance!
May 8, 2021 9:36 AM

Aug 2017
Never! You reap what you sow. Facts.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 8, 2021 9:38 AM

Oct 2013
Naw. I think it's pretty sad people would go so far just to keep their favorite show in the top spot. Also it got really annoying seeing the same AoT spoiler over and over again.
May 8, 2021 9:43 AM

Jan 2013
I don't feel bad at all that shit's super funny.
May 8, 2021 9:46 AM

Oct 2014
filifjonkan said:
Lunilah said:

No, you are absolutely right. I have no clue or idea whatsoever how programming works. Would you care to enlighten me? Thanks in advance!
The implication of the original post is that there has been a metaphorical strain of blood and sweat from botters that have been exhausted in an effort to bring forth their fully realized anime hierarchy, or simply a disruption of what is true.

The reality is it's probably some guy or a group of friends scripting for a few days trying to rig existing code to fit what they want it to do and cause annoyance. Bots have been in use in these kinds of ways, on this site specifically, for many years. It's nothing new, aside from these hurt feelings of newcomers to the community. 4 million new accounts in the last 2 years, or something like that last i checked.

May 8, 2021 10:09 AM

Nov 2020
not not at all LMAOOO, they’re all complete losers. no idea why they’re so bothered about trying to change the rankings list, they all rlly need to get a life.. and a lot of them were commenting spoilers on ppl’s profiles a while back too. spoiled some events of attack on titan for me :///
May 8, 2021 10:18 AM

Dec 2020
i absolutely do. god bless their souls, hope they get a safe straight way to hell
May 8, 2021 10:28 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
I didn't mind the spoilers but it was annoying when they kept on popping up for every interaction in the main forums.

One time I purposefully spent half an hour trying to get as many accounts to spoil me so I can report them all but they still kept on coming

Eventually I just forgot about them until I stumbled across this thread
┍━━━━»•» «•«β”β”β”β”β”‘

πŸŽ–οΈ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
πŸ† graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«β”β”β”β”β”™
May 8, 2021 11:13 AM

Dec 2019
Hrybami said:
The only bot I sympathize with is SmashBlack.

Why do you need to sympathize with him?

His plot armor is thicker than any anime girls's thigh.
May 8, 2021 11:25 AM

Jul 2020
No hahaha. If you spend hours and hours on making bot accounts to boost either your favorite character or show, you need to go outside. Nobody should be doing that. It's a waste of time. This bot genocide was the best thing to happen to them though. Hopefully, they'll learn not to do that kind of stuff again since it's so pointless.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2021 11:46 AM

Jun 2017
Yes, we can't no longer use "Kirito is more popular than Guts" meme and I'm super mad about it
May 8, 2021 12:01 PM

Aug 2020
I don't, they are all idiots, but there was a user called mappaprefersjjk or something like that who made fun of AOT not having the same treatment as JJK by the mappa study. is he supposed to be a bot, or a troll account?
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
May 8, 2021 7:48 PM

Sep 2019
Leoradiuju2004 said:
I don't, they are all idiots, but there was a user called mappaprefersjjk or something like that who made fun of AOT not having the same treatment as JJK by the mappa study. is he supposed to be a bot, or a troll account?
he looked like a troll account for AOT. I enjoyed his interesting and provoking work there.
sobergintoki said:
Lol. I'm assuming you made this thread as a joke and my perception of it depends on if it's a joke or not.
obviously it's a joke.
May 8, 2021 7:56 PM

Sep 2019
Lunilah said:
Peeti said:
I didn't call you a fraud i called you a fraud apologist.

No idea what any of this other non-sense you wrote is about.
oh kk, my bad but I ain't an apologist, I an enjoyer. The other non-sense I wrote works for deep-hearted ones (you know emotional manipulation used by evil people) but I guess you are a big-brain one, that's why I failed to get you. I am not much smart right now to manipulate big-brain users.
PeetiMay 8, 2021 8:19 PM
May 8, 2021 8:08 PM
η©‚δΉƒζžœγ―η₯ž

Oct 2015
No? They really sperged out over their favorite fictional characters.

I get loving a character a lot, but botting it to take a stand in your "fanbase wars" is foolish. Nothing of value was lost.

"M-MUH FUCKING NUMBERS!!! my character needs to have the bigger number than EVERYONE ELSE to stimulate my ego..."

Unless you mean the spam bots, kek
May 8, 2021 8:12 PM

Apr 2018
No way, they were giving One Piece fans bad reputation by botting Luffy and Zoro.
May 8, 2021 8:22 PM

Jan 2016
Are you One of them OP?

Nah… it just kind of sad often disgusted seeing person(s) makes bot accounts to downvote thinge that they don't like or worse they don't wanna their favorite chinese cartoon's throne get taken over…

They could've done something better
May 8, 2021 8:23 PM

Jan 2020
Nah. They wasted hours of their life for something pointless and they got what they deserved

May 8, 2021 8:26 PM

Nov 2018
No bruh, never. Those shits should just die in pain. They just got my false hope up.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
May 8, 2021 8:29 PM

Aug 2018
Absolutely not. What a strange question. I can't imagine what sort of person creates bot accounts to spam 1s on Attack on Titan. Such lowly creatures with way too much time on their hands deserve nothing but contempt.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Would you support AI generated Anime?

Dragevard - 1 hour ago

4 by MogKnight »»
3 minutes ago

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6?

Akuya - 5 hours ago

42 by APolygons2 »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime you regret not watching sooner

ST63LTH - 3 hours ago

14 by RumpelstiltskinX »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform? ( 1 2 )

Dije - Apr 16

81 by DreamingBeats »»
10 minutes ago

» Anime girls with the best butt

Hentai_Szimi - Nov 25, 2023

41 by Ryuu_Mayo »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.