Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you care who the voice actors are in a show?
Apr 18, 2021 3:39 AM

Jan 2018
There are some voice actors who I always recognize because their voice stands out, like Bakugou's (Okamoto Nobuhiko). I get annoyed every time I hear his voice and makes me hate the character from the beginning of the show.
K1R3Apr 18, 2021 5:57 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 18, 2021 3:52 AM

Mar 2020
I have no real preference. I have some who I think did a great job on a certain role so they are in my favourites and would be happy if they were voicing a character I was excited to see in a new show but I would be fine if it was a new VA as well.

I don't think I have anything against any specific voice actor. There are a couple I disliked in certain roles but I don't think it is solely because of the VA its a mix of things and they have gone on to do other roles I really liked.

Yuusuke Kobayashi is the VA for Subaru in rezero and I cant stand the character or the way he is voiced but that is how the character probably should be voiced I just can't stand it. He has done other roles I really liked him from like Senkuu in Dr Stone and the MC of Darwins Game and I liked those and others
Apr 18, 2021 3:56 AM

Dec 2014
having voice talent is sexy, doesn't matter what language you speak

some people can't act at all- just watched the old school willy wonka movie and its like nails on a chalkboard sometimes

Apr 18, 2021 3:58 AM

Jul 2020
As long as the voice actors are good, I don't care who they are
Apr 18, 2021 4:08 AM

Jan 2018
-Ecliptix- said:

Yuusuke Kobayashi is the VA for Subaru in rezero and I cant stand the character or the way he is voiced but that is how the character probably should be voiced I just can't stand it. He has done other roles I really liked him from like Senkuu in Dr Stone and the MC of Darwins Game and I liked those and others

Well I guess the same goes for me here like Okamoto Nobuhiko (the guys who did Bakugou and Garfiel from re:zero) has some roles which I liked, like Nishinoya Yuu from haikyuu and the main character from Blue Exorcist. But it's when the voice actor sounds like Bakugou that I can't stand it, cus all i'm thinking about is Bakugou.

But he can also as said do other types of voices where I dont even know it's the same voice actor
Apr 18, 2021 4:11 AM

Aug 2019
nah I don’t really have any VAs I straight up dislike, but on the contrary I’m more inclined towards to check out a show if I see it has a lot of VAs I like, for example I’m really hyped for Uramichi Oniisan because it has great VAs such as Hiroshi Kamiya, Mamoru Miyano, Yuuichi Nakamura, Tomokazu Sugita, Daisuke Ono, Shinichiro Miki, Satou Rina, Kenjirou Tsuda, Youko Hisaka, and Houchuu Ootsuka
snowykevinApr 18, 2021 4:15 AM
Apr 18, 2021 4:12 AM
Jan 2012
I have no preference, so long as they're doing a good enough job.

It's hard getting personally invested in these voice actors since Japan reuses so many of the same voice actors that are popular at the time. Japan will reuse the same 15 voice actors for a while and you'll hear them in every other anime, and I swear to god so many of them are interchangeable. I don't need to hear Kirito or Lelouch voice another fuckin main character, or another female voice actor doing their best Hanazawa Kana impression. Then every once in a while some other voice actors will take their place in that top 15, and you'll hear them a fuck ton just like the others like it's some sort of cycle.

You hear a lot of the same voice actors in English dubbing too, but at least there it's understandable since English dubbing is a tiny industry compared to Japanese voice acting. The sheer amount of money put into Japanese voice acting is insane, so they really need to get new talent. They're almost like the MCU at this point, relying on star power over anything.
Apr 18, 2021 4:12 AM

Dec 2020
I don't really care as long as the voice actor manages to do his/her job properly.

But yeah, if a character was voiced by a VA that I really love (like Sugita), then I'd keep my eyes on him/her.

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Apr 18, 2021 4:15 AM

Sep 2020
I don't know if is is with just me or anyone else too but some VA's voices kinda irritates me making it harder for me to watch
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2021 4:15 AM

Aug 2018
I prefer not to know, who is VA of one or another character.. During the watch.. But I also like checking VAs after the anime.. Usually it's like so, but can be some exceptions..
Apr 18, 2021 4:23 AM

Dec 2020
I'm one of those people who have a hard time recognising VAs except the ones I really like, so no.
Apr 18, 2021 4:28 AM

Oct 2018
OnionKnightRises said:
I have no preference, so long as they're doing a good enough job.

It's hard getting personally invested in these voice actors since Japan reuses so many of the same voice actors that are popular at the time. Japan will reuse the same 15 voice actors for a while and you'll hear them in every other anime, and I swear to god so many of them are interchangeable. I don't need to hear Kirito or Lelouch voice another fuckin main character, or another female voice actor doing their best Hanazawa Kana impression. Then every once in a while some other voice actors will take their place in that top 15, and you'll hear them a fuck ton just like the others like it's some sort of cycle.

You hear a lot of the same voice actors in English dubbing too, but at least there it's understandable since English dubbing is a tiny industry compared to Japanese voice acting. The sheer amount of money put into Japanese voice acting is insane, so they really need to get new talent. They're almost like the MCU at this point, relying on star power over anything.
SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN BACK!!!!!

See I don't have an issue with recycling voice actors. However, the fact people use this as a main criticism against dubs when the Japanese studios are as guilty of this makes no sense. Especially when like you said the dub industry is so much smaller than than Japanese VA industry. Like could probably name 15 roles off the top of my head that Jun Fukuyama has done but no one cares. However, if it is an another dub that has Bryce Papenbrook in it for some reason then it is an issue. It is so hypocritical and I am tried of it.

OT: I like looking up VAs and figure out who they have also played I think it is really fun.
Apr 18, 2021 4:28 AM

Dec 2020
as long as they do their character right idc
Apr 18, 2021 4:38 AM
Dec 2020
I DO CARE!!!! TO BE HONEST, I'M A SEIYUU FAN AND YES, SOMETIMES I WATCH A CERTAIN ANIME BECAUSE OF THE VOICE ACTORS LOL, BUT STILL MATTERS ON THE PLOT
Apr 18, 2021 4:39 AM

Nov 2013
Okamoto Nobuhiko is a voice actor that I had to learn to like hearing his voice as Garfiel. But at first his voice was really annoying to me also because of his voice acting as Bakugou, who I always hated. So I'm with you there.

But to answer the question in the title, yes, of course I care for who the voice actors are. The most important factor that makes me like anime so much is the Japanese voice acting, with each voice actor having a very special unique voice, as if the Japanese voice actors were some superhuman beings. I'm especially obsessed with Nakata Jouji and Hayami Show, so I'm always looking for anime series that have one of them voicing one of its characters.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Apr 18, 2021 4:40 AM

Feb 2021
No I like to appreciate actors take on the character. Presumptions is what make you hate.
Apr 18, 2021 4:44 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I don't really care, only sometimes it's kinda nice to know some of seiyuus I know are in other anime.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 18, 2021 5:46 AM

Oct 2018
What I care about is if they are good at what they do and if their voice suits the character.
Apr 18, 2021 5:56 AM

May 2020
No, if they fit for the role. Other voice actor still have a talent for voice acting. They're just not popular
Apr 18, 2021 6:09 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
I don't have a preference but I will admit I'll like it better if a familiar/preferred seiyuu has a role in it. Especially main roles
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Apr 18, 2021 6:14 AM

Jul 2019
No and it never makes me love or hate a character.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Apr 18, 2021 6:17 AM
Dec 2013
I avoid watching an anime in English dub if Greg Ayres voices a character in it. Can't stand his voice.
Apr 18, 2021 6:23 AM

Jul 2020
If I'm impress with their voice acting skills I would actually follow them and watch their other anime.I sometimes look up to some voice actors.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 18, 2021 6:25 AM

Feb 2020
Personally I don't care so much as long as the voice actor does a good job.
Apr 18, 2021 6:36 AM

Apr 2017
Yeah, sometimes when I'm unsure if I want to watch something, I check if any of the characters are voiced by VAs I like.
cunnysseur
Apr 18, 2021 7:07 AM

Mar 2021
If the voice fits the character and the actor is good I'm fine with anything tbh.
Apr 18, 2021 7:33 AM

Feb 2019
Nah, i don't care about voice actors in anime.
Also i would never hate a character because of the voice actor.
Apr 18, 2021 7:34 AM

Jun 2017
Wow, the results of poll surprised me. I thought I'm one of the only persons who doesn't care about VA cast but if the show has for example Kamiya Hiroshi then it's probably worth to check out for me. Though other than that I rarely care
Apr 18, 2021 7:35 AM

Nov 2014
not really but there are some really great voice actors which you recognize exactly like "OH SHET THATS IZAYA VA" and stuff like that,so sometimes yeah it hypes up a bit because you know they'll do a great job and some voice actors are stuck to that one type of character.
Apr 18, 2021 7:37 AM

Sep 2019
Not at all, it’s cool hearing a VA I like here and there...but other than that, no.
I care more about who’s working on the actual anime, who’s the director? script? storyboard? key animation? music? you get the idea.
Apr 18, 2021 9:15 AM

Sep 2020
I don't care as long as they're good
But they're always better than dub VAs

WHAT A LAUGHABLE ATTEMPT.
YOU SHOULD JUST STAY WHERE YOU ARE
, GROVELING AT MY FEET

P.S. PLEASE HELP ME GAIN MORE PROFILE VIEWS
Apr 18, 2021 9:19 AM
Dec 2017
most of the time not really but unless if they aren't reprising the original role, than it does start to be worrying.

Apr 18, 2021 9:30 AM

Jul 2012
Not a koebuta but of course I care about voices. They are core to delivering the impact of scene and the emotions of the characters and knowing it's in the hands of an experienced pro is reassuring.
Apr 18, 2021 9:31 AM
Feb 2020
Yes I do care about which voice actor is picked to play as a particular character because I always want the voice actor to sound like I think the character should sound.
Apr 18, 2021 9:33 AM

Jan 2020
Yeah, I do. If it's a character or series I like then it's a nice thing to know

Apr 18, 2021 9:38 AM

Oct 2017
I like the voices to sound good and be consistent. I started watching Beyblade Burst (English dub as its all I have access to) and I'm absolutely loving the voice cast. Ocean Productions always does a good job with dub casting (examples of other dubs they have done is Dragon Ball Z's original dub up to the episode Ginyu Assault and returning in Europe after the Freeza saga, and the Death Note English dub). Problem is that I heard that after Turbo the dub cast changes the voices of all the characters who appeared in Burst and Evolution due to changing studios. I fucking hate when this happens in dubs and it is so weird and this same thing happened with Pokémon after the switch from 4kids to inhouse. In Japanese though its easier for me to get into a character voice as they usually are consisted unless a VA dies. I still feel sad about Ishizuka Unsho's death and he's so important in the Pokémon franchise as Oak so its just sad not hearing his voice anymore.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Apr 18, 2021 9:45 AM

Nov 2020
I don't mind any voice actors. Everyone does a good job, I think But it feels good to recognize voice actors. Like Miyano Mamoru, Uchiyama Kouki, they have very distinctive voices and its good they stand out.
Apr 18, 2021 9:46 AM

Apr 2020
No. As long as I enjoy the anime, I'm fine whoever the VAs are.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2021 9:49 AM

May 2020
I personally enjoy recognising some voice actors and there's definetly a few who instantly make me like a show more just because they're in it.
Speaking of, with Osamake's first episode releasing I noticed some similarities with another anime, coincidence? :D
Don't mind me,
just passing by...
Apr 18, 2021 9:52 AM

Apr 2015
Most of the time it doesn't matter for me, although of course I'm happy whenever my favorite VAs, like Nakamura Yuuichi and Miyano Mamoru, are casted cause damn their voices are distinctive and hot. There are some few exceptions for the opposite though...I'm sorry, but I particularly hate Arai Satomi's voice for characters like Beatrice (Re:Zero) and Kuroko (Kagaku no Railgun), they just sound really annoying. Makes it hard for me to like the characters.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Apr 18, 2021 9:52 AM

Aug 2011
There are voice actors I love, and ones I don’t really care for, but overall, it doesn’t make a huge difference to me.
Apr 18, 2021 9:58 AM

Nov 2019
this is a test to see if my signature works so ye skip this mesagge
Apr 18, 2021 10:00 AM

Jul 2020
I don't really care as long as they do good at their job, but if it's a voice actor that I'm familiar with, then I may be interested in the character. Although, I do know that people want Nobuhiko Okamoto to voice Denji for Chainsaw Man
Apr 18, 2021 10:02 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
If I see Aoi Yuuki I will automatically give that show a watch, most other VAs don't matter to much to me, but if an anime has a great line up I might give it more of a chance than an anime with an entirely new VA cast.
Apr 18, 2021 10:05 AM

Sep 2020
No, I don't even bother to know their name if they somehow came in contact via social media via anime industries posting them on their birthday then only I come to know about them. But there is one voice actor whose every video I saw on youtube that's of Goku, Sean Schemmel. Yes, he is my favorite also.

◽◽◽

ᓚᘏᗢ

◽◽◽

Having lived through trauma and mind-fucking, I'm accustomed to it now.

Apr 18, 2021 10:07 AM

Dec 2020
For the most time not really, but I do mostly recognisze the voice actor of Levi and Dio when they voice other characters.

Apr 18, 2021 10:09 AM
Jul 2020
I don't care who they are, as long as they do a good job with the character
Apr 18, 2021 10:42 AM

Nov 2008
I care a good deal, yes.

Choosing a voice that best fits a character is incredibly important. Watchablility (lol is that a word?) can be ruined from a bad decision of miscasting.

Apr 18, 2021 10:46 AM

Jun 2019
I don't care but is nice when you hear somebody you know from other anime.
Apr 18, 2021 1:37 PM

Jan 2018
azy19201 said:
this is a test to see if my signature works so ye skip this mesagge

ahhhh man, does this mean it didn't work :(?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Do you think Berserk will ever get the adaptation it truly deserves?

Gashadokur0 - May 9

37 by BatoKusanagi »»
25 seconds ago

» Do you feel just not excited for anime these days? ( 1 2 )

anizawa89 - May 10

57 by NonAtmospheric »»
2 minutes ago

» List of canceled anime.

ZXEAN - 8 hours ago

25 by ZXEAN »»
10 minutes ago

» Have you ever felt so satisfied after finishing certain anime that you don't even want its sequel? ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 12

51 by Toooooooooohru »»
20 minutes ago

» Have you encountered any waifus that you can ogle 24 hours a day and still not get bored [there are a few]?

Catalano - May 8

10 by ZeroMajor12 »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.