Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 28, 2021 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Funimation premiered the early episode today.

We got an episode about dealing with a clever thief who apparently stole some important items. That being said, Irene is not a pushover when it comes to a cat and mouse game to evade authorities.

The only ones that could handle this would be Albert so it's no surprise he hired just for the job. If you ask me, this is a fairly interesting start for the second cour.
Mar 28, 2021 7:30 AM

Jul 2017
Funimation has an early special premiere ONLY for Episode 12 (2nd Cour Episode 1):
https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1374737875254833160

Welcome back, Sir William James Moriarty and Co. to Part 2 of the anime in its 2nd cour.

The reveal of Mycroft Holmes at the end of the 1st Cour is well worth the wait into this long arc of "A Scandal In British Empire". And seeing both brothers get at each other, the intent is quite the fascination.

It's quite the scandal whe it concerns paperwork that'll devalue the Crown, even down to a photogtaph of a love affair, all leading to the infamous con-woman Adene Idler. But looks like Sherlock didn't heed Mycroft's advice all that well, and he's played under her delicate hands. All the Moriarty brothers are waiting for is the hand of judgement that she'll bring towards Sherlock.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - Arthur Conan Doyle

Restart the course of investigations!
Mar 28, 2021 7:33 AM

Jun 2012

I can't wait to see more of these two titans go at each other. Otherwise a really good starting episode.
Mar 28, 2021 7:36 AM
Jan 2021
Sherlock's tendency to use his legs in fights really reminds me of Spike Spiegel from Bebop
Mar 28, 2021 7:50 AM

Feb 2017
Good to have the show back. Irene and Mycroft who were introduced in this episode are interesting and both have cool dynamic with Sherlock. Can't wait to see what happens in this case.
Mar 28, 2021 7:54 AM

Jun 2019
Ayee... it's back with its second season. Funimation brought it earlier. Nice.
Quite an amusing episode to start the 2nd season, I'm definitely looking forward to this show a lot. I've really high expectations from this. Cuz, first season nailed it for me.
Also, I love the Moriarty brothers.
Mar 28, 2021 8:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice that it's back for the 2nd cour, Irene is such a mysterious character, I want to know her real intentions!
Mar 28, 2021 8:24 AM

Mar 2020
Youkoku no Moriarty bringing us it's second cour. I'm excited for what's to come. Opening is visually stunning!

Irene is an interesting character. motives are unclear to us; however, she has not acted suspiciously after her house burnt down. From the looks of it though the letter given to her will get the story going.
Mar 28, 2021 8:41 AM
Feb 2021
Actually surprised it release today. Love to see more sherlock in action, the battle is just about to begin! Also the OP and ED are really great too.
Mar 28, 2021 8:54 AM
Dec 2020
that was a solid first episode, op and ed pretty good, good to see they used same people from ed of s1
some people...
Mar 28, 2021 9:11 AM

Mar 2020
Another banger op, les goo
Mar 28, 2021 9:21 AM

Apr 2020
I was just about to go to sleep, and then got curious if something is up and apparently Moriarty is back with the 2nd cour that have finally arrived! The cast is back, this time focusing on Sherlock and the arrival of Irene Adler as she enters Sherlock's world to do something that we still don't know yet.

Miss Hudson vs Irene Adler, hell yeah I was kinda surprised at that. And we also got the official debut of Mycroft Holmes, Sherlock's onii-san and the head investigator of the British Crown, now that's a title worth. This is an interesting start to the 2nd cour, I wonder where they're gonna take this and how far will it amaze us with it's psychological mystery and detective schemes. Let's see where it will go from here.

Oh about the OP/ED, the OP is alright and the ED is Stereo Dive Foundation doing EDM stuff again, although not as powerful as the first one.
Mar 28, 2021 9:23 AM
Nov 2016
As a manga reader, Im so disappointed,, they adapt too fast,, sherly said that the profile he made of irene is changed but why? They cut out their interactions. She saved the girl and smiled on him twice and thats all she did. And I dont know what, but there were something that didnt work in the episode.
At all thats not bad I just expected too much.
Mar 28, 2021 9:38 AM

Jun 2020
My favourite bishies are back. I couldn’t be happier ♡_____♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Mar 28, 2021 9:39 AM
Sep 2015
The only way Sherlock can know Watson's weight so precise is to have an event where Watson's body directly above Sherlock's body.
Mar 28, 2021 9:58 AM

Jun 2020
Op ed kinda wack but the episode was good. Looking forward to Irene's antics
This anime shit is addictive
Mar 28, 2021 10:08 AM

May 2016
1st min and got impressed, and that OP is really good.

That was great start, Sherlock's brother is the director of intelligence service these family is no joke.
Irene using Sherlock to his utmost point, Moriarty reading the situation as always and playing with them.
RaizelMar 28, 2021 10:33 AM
Mar 28, 2021 10:10 AM

Jul 2015
op and ed really were underwhelming but boi! was the start a damn hype!
we finally got irene adler! and sherlock's nee-san!
Mar 28, 2021 10:27 AM
Jan 2018
uhh can I mark this as watching or what?
Mar 28, 2021 10:33 AM

Aug 2020
Not going to lie, this episode seemed interesting enough for me to get excited over the next episode.
Mar 28, 2021 10:46 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great first episode, it's wonderful to have this back!

Loving this nice little relationship b/w Irene Adler & Sherlock Holmes, lol. She's truly quite the enigma, isn't she? Moriaty starting to make his move now, I'm definitely curious what he'll be looking to exploit through this ordeal.

Op and ED are another set of dime!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 28, 2021 12:23 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I absolutely love how the people making this anime, take the source material and make a new retelling out of it, changing bits and pieces there, and just keeping it so compelling and surprising. Kudos to them.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 28, 2021 1:05 PM

Sep 2019
It was a fun episode, good to have this show again. I liked Irene and Hudson fighting over Sherlock. I'm looking forward to see more of Irene.
Mar 28, 2021 3:36 PM

Apr 2019
Well, that first episode really didn't wait to get in the gist of it. Happy to see that this show's back
Mar 28, 2021 5:36 PM

Apr 2015
Interesting first episode! Didn't expect Irene Adler to make an appearance already, but I'm already liking her so far. But damn, she really must be a great actress if she could fool Sherlock with that disguise and completely change her voice like that lmao. Several small details in the manga that clarified some things for me were left out, but overall it was still great and left me hyped for the next episode. Looking forward to more Sherlock vs. Moriarty rivalry.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Mar 28, 2021 6:22 PM
Mar 2019
Glad this show is back !
Mar 28, 2021 6:38 PM

Jan 2020
I like how they made the water from Miss Adler’s dress look all magical and shit but it’s dirty sewage water lol
Mar 28, 2021 6:44 PM
Jul 2018
This anime is a piece of art, I can't stop smiling troughout the episode, I'm glad that this isn't a mediocre detective show but the complete opposite. I like that Moriarty is one step further than Sherlock everytime, it's funny and fascinating seeing him in the process of figuring it out and having his rival in the shadows for a bit.

Though I'm excited to see what Moriarty does next and what's inside that letter. Can't wait for the next episode.
Mar 28, 2021 7:01 PM

Jan 2020
That opening was fantastic both visually and song wise. Spring 2021 anime just started but I think I'm confident enough to already consider it to be an opening of the season contender for me.

Ed sounded exactly the same as season 1 but I don't mind.

Irene seems quite interesting and I thought it was cool when she saved the girl

Mar 28, 2021 8:10 PM
Feb 2021
Very interesting way to start the second season. I definitely would like to see how Irene Adler's character would turn out, and I miss seeing the Moriarty brothers in action.
Mar 28, 2021 8:34 PM
Jan 2016
It was about time to make Albert shine in the moriarty trio

This adaption is wonderful, and well, Mycroft said it all at the beginning. Sherlock is clearly more naive than I expected
Mar 28, 2021 8:50 PM
Jul 2018
interesting first episode and continuing on with the story right away, cool introduction into this new arc. sherlocks brother seems nice and wonder what'll happen with this adler woman
Mar 28, 2021 10:19 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, its looks like they really didn't waste such a precious time, and straight them up to another case referenced by Arthur Doyle detective short arc story again. This time its featured the scandal of Bohemia, which already changed into the title of 'the scandal in the british empire' story, i think. Its surely hyping me up to death, ngl.

Holmes's older brother already showed with all of his characteristic. His quote about the lies of the woman surely intriguing. But, mostly he got some hidden meaning too behind that and under his nose, by sending Moriarty's brotherhood into the conflict of his place of work. Well, by knewing William Moriarty nature, ofc its a certain that him will be going to head-to-head again with Sherlock on that Miss Adler protection mission, or something like that, i guess.

Meanwhile, Miss Adler was just beautiful, and full of intrinsic by successfully trapped Holmes under that circumstances. Funny bit, another mastermind character xd. But, its mostly led into something emotional behind that scheme, considering her status background as a Prima Donna, the scandal she did, and that 'little action' with that girl. Interesting to see if Holmes could find out what lies beyond that woman minds, and helped her out of it. Beside, he need to be more careful cause its related to the secret of the country, and his brother works.

What about Moriarty role in this case, and that paper purpose? Lets see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 28, 2021 11:16 PM

Oct 2017
The second cour starts with a scandal in Bohemia case. Irene Adler finally makes her appearance and she's a beauty. I already find her character very amusing. Irene vs Hudson catfight was fun.

OP/ED were both nice. Good start to this cour, looking forward to more.
Mar 28, 2021 11:43 PM
Sep 2018
I am little disappointed seeing this much confused Sherlock. There no hind of romance in Sherlock's classic character, yet this anime is trying to establish one which kinda shattered my expectations.

Though good execution overall.

8/10 for episode 1
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Mar 29, 2021 12:19 AM

Dec 2015
Edgy pretty boys are back to drink more tea.
Mar 29, 2021 1:25 AM
Sep 2019
the continuation is lit, the bg art is just as phenomenal and great, omg for the music and the OP/ED, loving this, let's see how it goes.
Mar 29, 2021 1:41 AM

Oct 2017
Esmera said:
But damn, she really must be a great actress if she could fool Sherlock with that disguise and completely change her voice like that lmao.

Actually that bothered me quite a bit. I felt it improbable that a detective of Sherlock's calibre who usually notices every absurd little detail would fail to recognise he has a woman sitting closely in front of him. In real life the body shape, facial features, the voice, gestures usually give it away and only women who naturally have masculine, tomboyish features wearing wide, loose clothes can maybe pull it of. But that's not how Irene is portayed here.
Mar 29, 2021 2:13 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! Moriarty is back baby, that 3 months break honestly went by pretty fucking fast. The OP slaps once again, glad it's the same singer from the first OP. Same with the ED which is very similar to the first ED, it's aight.

Irene Adler is awesome and hot as hell, damn. She's obviously cunning as well, I wonder what her goals are, maybe she just wants to fuck with Sherlock, I mean not fuck fuck but mess with him. Though you never know, could be both lmao. Don't really know much about Sherlock lore, so I don't know yet what she's all about, but I am liking what I'm seeing so far.

What's Moriarty scheming this time. Since this is just an early airing, we probably gotta wait 2 weeks for the next episode, looking forward to it.
Mar 29, 2021 2:58 AM

Aug 2020
Holmes is starting his own harem.
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Mar 29, 2021 4:40 AM
Sep 2020
The best part of this show was it's op and ed along with story line , potential to be best spring 2021 op and ed
Mar 29, 2021 5:20 AM

Oct 2015
so we're gonna get the end of the manga at this rate huh
im alright with that
:kekw:
gayest ending ever hype
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Mar 29, 2021 5:49 AM

Mar 2020
I haven't heard that this series came out on 27 instead of 4 April, so far episode 12 (ep 1 2nd part) is pretty well animated but as a manga reader, I kind of sad that some of my favourite scene didn't get animated in this series. But still I paused every second of it to take a deep breath bc I've been like waiting for a years to watch the second part and I'm so happy I could see sherly and liam again T~T
btww..

arifukiAug 23, 2021 2:42 AM
Mar 29, 2021 11:41 AM

Nov 2016
Irene finessed him good, but with her around Sherlock can slowly uncover the truth.

Pretty good start with the introduction of new characters. I'm also interested in the plot revolving the papers. Hope we see Moriarty making a big move next time.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 29, 2021 12:58 PM

Apr 2016
As good as I remembered. I’m excited, honestly.
Mar 29, 2021 1:26 PM

May 2018
Watta way to start the sequel with Watson's weight, and it looks like Maycroft Holms shows up together with Irene Adler.

Mar 29, 2021 2:56 PM
Aug 2018
The opening and ending are both fantastic!! I really enjoyed this episode. Irene is very interesting. I want to see her and William meet, but I have a feeling they wouldn't really get along haha. Can't wait for episode 2 ^_^
Mar 29, 2021 6:45 PM

Nov 2012
Mycroft and Irene Adler are now in play. Looks like the gang's all here. Glad it's back!
Mar 29, 2021 7:35 PM
Jun 2017
what will irene get from being close with Holmes, and what will moriatry do in the future in this case.. i am so excited about this one...
Mar 29, 2021 8:25 PM

Apr 2015
Hauke said:
Esmera said:
But damn, she really must be a great actress if she could fool Sherlock with that disguise and completely change her voice like that lmao.

Actually that bothered me quite a bit. I felt it improbable that a detective of Sherlock's calibre who usually notices every absurd little detail would fail to recognise he has a woman sitting closely in front of him. In real life the body shape, facial features, the voice, gestures usually give it away and only women who naturally have masculine, tomboyish features wearing wide, loose clothes can maybe pull it of. But that's not how Irene is portayed here.

Yeah I definitely thought the same. I don't really want to let it slide with a "well, it's anime" excuse, but it's probably not gonna be addressed and that wasn't the first time this show has come up with weird logic. so just gotta go along with it I guess.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2021

168 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2021

57 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2021

75 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2021

46 by ReganDesu »»
Feb 7, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2021

51 by ReganDesu »»
Feb 1, 6:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.