Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 24, 2021 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Social media remains relevant in their society. It's interesting to see how this episode focused time on a leopard character.

Seems there's less violence this time around and we also got to see more of Haru's daily life with others.
Feb 24, 2021 8:48 AM

Nov 2019
Mellowed down episode compared to last week. Its nice they didnt cut out the beastbook chapter. World buikding chapters are always good. On the other hand, i feel like theyre gonna be cutting a huge portion with only 4 episodes left. But ill reserve that until we get there (and prolly until i have a looksee at the next episode preciew screenshots). They been mixing around chapters a lot this season so im not sure how they will be going about this one.

Anyhoo. That wonderful jazz at the end is <3

For some reason, the impact of the hyperdrug castration wasnt as shocking as id hope itd be. Lol.
Feb 24, 2021 3:02 PM

Nov 2014
great episode. I'm so glad they didn't cut out Sheila's friendship with her sheep friend

Feb 24, 2021 7:26 PM

Mar 2015
Damn I'm not usually into drawings of animals but that leopard is pretty hot :o
Feb 24, 2021 8:00 PM

Jun 2015
Nice! They animated the Shiira's chapter. I mean why not
Feb 24, 2021 8:59 PM

Oct 2015
bro am i a furry,
juno making me feel things bruh
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Feb 24, 2021 9:13 PM
Nov 2016
It was a pretty good episode, I really enjoy the dialogues in this anime.

Scarlett_white said:
bro am i a furry,
juno making me feel things bruh

I'm not a furry but this anime is giving me ideas too.
Feb 24, 2021 9:35 PM
Jul 2018
nice chill episode and cool to see legoshi can still fight
Feb 24, 2021 9:57 PM

Jul 2017
HMM...social media runs rampant everywhere...

Great to see this from female leopard Sheila's POV, and Beastbook for a lack of replacement terms for Facebook. Her with Peach (a sheep), the similarities are akin to Rhys and Tem at the start, quite a fancy for both herbivrore and carnivore to be friends...the underlying social commentary.

Legosi's training from Master Gouhin is improving, the hyena brutality act being part of the learning process.

Asking Juno to play the lead for the carnivores, that's probably asking too much yea? Having doubts for the only "guy-eating herbivore" Haru and intiating a conversation, I'm sure Juno has mixed feelings about carnivores loving herbivores (as such is the case with Legosi and Haru).

Still stoked about Louis and the Shishigumi's movements in the Black Market, and how that'd change the positional landscape of his status. Live the hard life and throw your past away.
Feb 25, 2021 12:35 AM
Jan 2019
After watching this episode, Beastars is really really good. Like I liked the first season but man this second season, imo, is just way more interesting and overall better.
Feb 25, 2021 1:59 AM

Jun 2019
Great to see Sheila's character or more likely her point of view in this episode. Also, Legoshi being weak in the last couple of episodes is not staying the way it was. At least he's improving.
Juno still the best girl, I guess.
Feb 25, 2021 4:40 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Huh, so now Legosi's limbs are strong in exchange of his jaw strength.
Feb 25, 2021 6:40 AM
Feb 2021
Great episode, Juno is hotter than I thought
Feb 25, 2021 8:23 AM

Oct 2020
Loved seeing the development between different carnivore and herbivore relations as a reflection of society as a whole. It was awesome seeing Peach and Sheila warm up to each other, and realize that the depictions they each had on the other and on carnivores and herbivores in general were not entirely true.

The final scene where Louis drops his phone over the building while Haru was calling him was amazing. I think Louis associates Haru with weakness, shown in their flashback conversation about the beauty in two weak people coming together. Him dropping the phone is his way of saying that he's not weak anymore. Got some nice development between him and Ibuki too. It looks like they see more on the same page now.
Feb 25, 2021 10:06 AM

Jul 2017
ahhhhhh they brought back Fighting Animals track, that shit is so dope but man they just had to cut it off right before the beat drop lol

Also ngl, I really dig just the overall character interactions in this series and particularly this ep. Like Sheila and Peach's hanging out felt very fun to watch rather than absurdly obnoxious by forcing themselves to act all cute, or filled with just yuri bait all around. And Haru and Louis' flirting actually felt very intimate lol. Props to the VA's for making it sound natural but also props to the overall directing itself

Though I do think this seems to be jumping around a lot. Like one second we're in the black market with Louis next second it's about Riz and the Tem killing

but yikes, that poor croc dude lul.
Feb 25, 2021 11:20 AM

Oct 2020
The lives of herbivores and carnivores is complicated but it could get much better if they understood one another just like Sheila and Peach. Also ever since that last episode I can't help but wince whenever a carnivore grabs a herbivore.

Legoshi just destroyed that striped hyena. What he lacks in jaw strength, he makes up for it in arm strength. Juno trying to understand where she stands in society and in turn trying to understand Haru.

Feb 25, 2021 1:39 PM

Apr 2020
I fucking love this season so far! I don't know exactly what it is about it, it's just that every episode is so well written and the animation and OST are always on point! My expectations have been more than exceeded!

Beastars season 2 is literally carrying my life rn as a student. Really gives me something to look forward to each weak!

Beastars is so fresh and unique, it's really like nothing I've ever seen. It's very special!
Feb 25, 2021 3:47 PM

Nov 2019
Its been a while since I last read this arc, but i im not sure if they can adapt the rest of the arc in 4 eps
Feb 25, 2021 6:50 PM

Jan 2010
I'm surprised they included the Sheila/Peach side story. I'm glad they kept it, it's super cute.

but now I'm concerned that the anime isn't gonna be able to adapt the rest of this arc this season. 4 more eps and 26 chapters to go, which is a lot of chapters. Unless the anime cuts out some chapters, which would be bad. The pacing is already an issue, the way things jump around from setting to setting, making everything feel disjointed. Granted, the manga was kinda like that too.

but they gotta finish this arc in season 2. Unless season 3 has already been greenlit. I think manga readers such as myself, will get a better idea if the rest if the arc can get adapted this season with the next couple episodes...
giveup-the-ghostFeb 25, 2021 6:57 PM
Feb 25, 2021 7:48 PM
Apr 2019
I can feel the pain of the crocodile.
Feb 25, 2021 8:54 PM

Feb 2014
Ever since that stripper incident, it feels weird to watch female carnivores now.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 25, 2021 11:14 PM

Oct 2020
ughhfjsjxusi last episode was so tense and stressful and i wanna know what happened but it’s okay, the whole idea of social media and how herbivores and carnivores are treated adds a lot more depth to the story, dang his show just keeps getting better
Feb 26, 2021 9:31 AM
Jan 2020
Now herbivores and carnivores are getting together and clicking pictures and uploading that on BeastBook. LOL. Legosi had a great fight scene. On the other hand, Haru had a convo with a new person. Louis is going deeper into the black-market society and did not pick up Haru’s call.
Feb 26, 2021 10:23 AM

Jul 2020
I feel bad for Mr. Crocodile. Nice episode overall though. The depiction of social media and how it affected the interactions between herbivores and carnivores was a nice addition to the story.

I accept random friend requests!
Feb 26, 2021 3:51 PM

Oct 2020
We got to see more of the daily lives between carnivores and herbivores. In terms of action, we got a short fight scene where Legoshi beats up an addict. Juno seems to be getting closer to Haru. Louis continues to dive deeper into the Black Market. We also got to see a little bit of Ibuki's backstory.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2021 3:53 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I like this fillerish sound like episode. Even though the feeling was strong as a break from the previous episode, the episode still done a good depiction toward the continuations of the story. I can understand much with Leopard inferiority toward her herbivore friend, that somehow related to Juno's way of thinking against Haru and the school club rejection of segregation activities. The differences about them where the Leopard one could handle that thing well enough by asking and enjoying a hanged out session with her new closed sheep friend. But Juno couldn't even move on from her hatred, the inferiority, toward Haru. Thats also explain her reason as to why the animals need to be segregated and couldn't handle the responsibilities as a Beastar to made both species to be equals.

Meanwhile, at the opposite direction, Legosi and Louis continued and kept doing their best to be a different kind of species from before. While the Legosi tried to spreaded his limbs as a new weapon, beside only relied in his fangs. Louis soon will get closer relationship and understanding toward his new 'father', Ibuki. Whats the next step of those plot line of the story? Lets see the next....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 27, 2021 6:42 AM

Apr 2020
We got 4 parts focusing on Sheila, Legoshi, Juno, and Louis, respectively. Definitely a bit of filler episode, but a good one nonetheless.
Feb 27, 2021 2:49 PM

Dec 2015
Definitely weaker episode than last week. I'm a bit disappointed because this inconsistency of quality also happened on S1, so I've hoped this wouldn't happen on S2. Overall it still gonna be an amazing Season, but the potential of being better is bugging me once again
Feb 27, 2021 3:40 PM
Jan 2020
adorei!! fiquei feliz que não cortaram a amizade da sheila com a ovelha (não lembro o nome kkk), muito boa pra descontrair
Feb 27, 2021 10:42 PM

Oct 2017
RIP Crocodile damn poor guy.

Pretty chill eoisode overall, the first half was kinda fun.
Feb 28, 2021 10:01 AM
Feb 2021
Such a fun episode! Might be my favorite so far.
Feb 28, 2021 3:25 PM

Mar 2019
Another excellent episode. Legoshi's fight scene was really cool. And the lamb-cheetah & Haru-Juno scenes were cute.
Feb 28, 2021 7:53 PM
Jun 2017
It's nice they decided to include those little SoL side stories Paru gave us into the adaptation. Shiira finally got to have the spotlight for some minutes.

Ahh, Juno was lovely, and... nice. That shot in the changing room was good. Even so, I always thought she was a bit more... flat. After all, she's just 16, isn't she?
Anyway, I can't help but think this was a most unfortunate point in the story. From here on
for
development.
It's a shame how quickly did she abandon her plans to be the Beastar.

This is the first time Agata talked. I recall cbeing brown in the manga. Huh.
Talking about changes done, in the manga (ch. 80) Louis was just surprised that Ibuki covered his sight, and he did nothing to stop him from doing that. This version was definitely more edgy.

In any case, I must say this anime has done a very good work about the facial expressions of the characters. The little details are very much appreciated.

Mar 1, 2021 4:38 AM

May 2015
I felt like seeing Kazuma Kiryu in Legosi fight. Pretty cool.
Mar 1, 2021 8:17 AM
Mar 2015
A lot of lonely dysfunctional animals
Mar 1, 2021 5:27 PM

Oct 2008
Well, at least Legoshi can still stand-up against a meat addicted Hyena! even without using his temporarily weakened jaw!
LOL Haru is the only one who Juno always looses cool with!
Leopard girl doesn't even recognize her own charm??!?
Poor Camian! (croc) OMG that was brutal!
5/5.

Mar 1, 2021 8:59 PM
Jan 2020
2abZ said:
Did you get castrated too?
Mar 2, 2021 5:09 PM
Apr 2019
Thewillofthed said:
2abZ said:
Did you get castrated too?

I didn't mean that by black...
Mar 2, 2021 8:32 PM

Aug 2016
This episode reminds me of how "comfy" and "dark" can feel this story at the same time.
:v
Mar 3, 2021 5:53 PM

Sep 2017
This was a good episode, but I'm surprised how there was nothing building on the reveal from last episode. The first bit was especially random. Was cute tho so it's fine.
Mar 7, 2021 6:15 AM

Nov 2016
Sheila and Peach part was cute af and it's always cool to learn more about the anthropomorphic animal society. On that front this episode offered a lot with character interactions and expositon( wish there were more episodes dedicated to it). Mostly lighthearted in contrast to last episode, but there was also some fucked up stuff again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 7, 2021 11:21 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That legoshi battle was pretty good to watch, also I liked the interactions between Juno and Haru, nothing changed for Louis, and he even dropped his phone so he really doesn't plan to go back, damn.
Mar 8, 2021 3:53 PM

Mar 2010
Good to see some commitment from the characters but damn glad louis threw out dat phone, well deserved rejection.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 9, 2021 7:01 AM
Oct 2019
Focusing on Sheila Leopard on her social life... More perspective on Carnivore and Herbivore i guess...

I'm not a furry but Juno scene on the locker room though.... Lol

Juno and Haru moment was cute...

RIP Crocodile PP...

Louis and Ibuki more relatable now...

You gotta love the Dialogue in Beastars....
Apr 9, 2021 9:29 PM

Mar 2015
Louis being savage in this one!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 10, 2021 6:45 PM

Aug 2017
Not much happened except several characters trying to understand carnivore-herbivore relationships. It looks like filler but I like it anyways.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 5, 2021 3:07 PM

Jul 2015
I felt the pain when they decided to take that poor Caiman's genitals... On the other side of things its good to see mutual understanding slowly developing between herbivores and carnivores. Also good to see only Legosi's jaw strength has been weakened and not his overall physical strength.

Jun 6, 2021 2:40 PM

Feb 2018
Legoshi vs Hyena thirsty boy, Juno and Haru's conversation and the black market scene at the end.. talk about a packed episode like damn ;P
Jun 15, 2021 5:07 AM
Mar 2020
hmm, this takes me back, I really though id lost all love for this story, but damm where the early parts amazing.

Ill just repeat myself again, DO NOT read the manga past this season, it will dissapoint the heck out of you
Jul 8, 2021 3:07 AM

Jan 2017
Beastars amazed me yet again with this world's version of drug addicts. Good on Legosi that his arm strength can be a solid replacement for his weakening jaw

Ibuki is slowly but surely becoming one of my favourite characters especially after his past reveal
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

200 by fatekkjjkk »»
Apr 24, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2021

102 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:23 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2021

137 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 2, 2023 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.