Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 10, 2021 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, Legoshi and his own personal demons...

I think this episode and show itself captures the psyche of character quite well. Dealing with everyday problems and struggling with his own instincts is relatable. That bloody confrontation with Riz looked like something out of a horror movie.
Mar 10, 2021 12:30 PM

Nov 2019
Still really loving riz' theme!

Although, im sorta sad they really did cut out the one character i really wanted to see (was really looking forward to see how anime-onlies react to it tbh). Oh well, its fine. Maybe next season if they make it.

With just 2 episodes left (i think), im excited to see the conclusion of the murder investigation arc animated! The fight scenes this season dont dissapoint!
Mar 10, 2021 3:29 PM

Nov 2015
I wish I could watch the episode as early as you guys do
Mar 10, 2021 9:33 PM

Nov 2014
there's quite a lot changed this episode
ttcchenMar 10, 2021 9:38 PM
Mar 10, 2021 10:32 PM
Nov 2016
Holy crap this episode was awesome, the best episode of the season for me. That bear is a walking time bomb, they need to get rid of that guy ASAP, he's way too dangerous.
Mar 11, 2021 12:22 AM

Jun 2019
Damn, the fight between Legoshi and Riz was awesome. But, seems like for now, they're not going to go at it again until New Year's eve. I'm waiting to see that fight. Riz is definitely a strong opponent. Legoshi put up a good fight there as well.
Mar 11, 2021 2:47 AM
Feb 2020
YOOOO!!!!! THIS EPISODE WAS SO GOOD!!!! WORTH THE WAIT FOR SURE OMG!!! IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER!!!
Mar 11, 2021 3:28 AM

Jul 2017
The world-building lore into Riz's bearish world is getting better with its expansion, while Legosi is still fighting his inner demons with imageries of Louis and Haru.

The relationship with Legosi and Haru is quite the tightrope ever since the festival from Season 1, with the loss of Louis, and embracing a new heart.

Riz's plan to defile Pina by the breadth of a honey-tasting finger before silencing Legosi, WOW that was intense. But man...does Pina know how to play the acting game well, leading to the eventual fight between carnivores, all bare-bones style. That's just Round 1, and Round 2 on New Year's Eve, that's quite the provocation.

All-in-all, another great episode.
Mar 11, 2021 3:58 AM

Oct 2017
That was a pretty intense brawl. Also wonder what method Gouhin has to make Legosi stronger asap.
Mar 11, 2021 5:32 AM

Feb 2014
Damn Legosi and Riz changing gears right after the pause was awesome. And Pina declaring his challenge at rehearsal was damn cool.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 11, 2021 6:44 AM

Jul 2016
intense fight, tho legoshi looks too skiny to even be able to fight that big ass bear lol

also its kinda confusing why they showed that scene of the shishigumi lions talking , like it felt out of place

ttcchen said:

ty for doing these!!

the moms of the people who remove signatures are hœs
discord: Jotaakuu#8878

Mar 11, 2021 6:57 AM

Apr 2019
The parallels in values, love? predatory? which one is correct? Such a great episode again. Pina's acting in the Adler play was amazing. What is the way to get stronger? Shit's gonna go down on New Years Eve.

ttcchen said:
Hero again, I wish they animated some of that stuff, what happened to the phone call again?

Mar 11, 2021 8:06 AM

Jun 2020
I am strangely loving Riz's story.. I feel sorry for him and Tem, in the way he sees their friendship. Why is Legoshi even fighting him.. Riz's case is a kind of an insanity. Legoshi does say "I wish he was a simple villain" or something like that. Will Riz be sent to Gouhin??

ttcchen said:

Thankyou for these posts! Can you please tell which chapter/s?
silentviewMar 11, 2021 8:22 AM
Mar 11, 2021 8:07 AM
Jul 2018
This episode had the perfect blend of philosophical examination and straight up action-packed hand to hand combat. The first season was already lit but THIS season is on a whole another level.

It's so fascinating how complicated both Legosi and Rizu are in their own ways:

Legoshi - a protagonist who don't want to turn the antagonist in, in order to maintain the policy that Gohin taught him. Yet while he wants to confront the antagonist, he cannot bring himself to kill Rizu off yet not turning him in either, unable to see him as a 'simple villain' while acknowledging the complex nature of Rizu, all while remaining stuck in this complicated limbo.

Rizu - an antagonist who is a king of rationalization, severely delusional in his way of maintaining the so called 'friendship' with late Tem yet being unable to access a truer sense of self-realization what he has really done. And all the while he maintains that 'carnivores aren't capable of love' is aiming his cross-hair toward both Legosi and Pina next while attempting to maintain this twisted self-righteous legacy of his.

I love Jujutsu Kaisen and it is amazing in its own ways but now I really understand why the fans of Beastars really wanted their beloved show to win the Anime of the Year award. This show, with its themes and overall depth, is full of excellence.
Mar 11, 2021 8:54 AM
Apr 2016
Haven't seen a scene that made my heart rate go up in months, even my hands got a bit sweaty watching this fight!

Simultaneously this episode meticulously explored both Legosi and Rizu — incredible, this is definitely my top 1 this season.
Mar 11, 2021 8:59 AM

Aug 2020
Riz is gonna be bad news if he's allowed to wander around school grounds any longer.
Mar 11, 2021 9:09 AM

Oct 2020
Well, now we know more of Riz's beliefs. My heart rate when up during the interactions of Pina and Riz. The bloody fight scene between Riz and Legoshi was quite intense.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2021 9:19 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Another fight between Legoshi and Riz this episode.

I can't wait to see their final fight at New Years Eve!
Mar 11, 2021 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
damn this episode was nice af, riz finally making moves and even threatening tem... that fight was really insane and tense too. cant wait to see their rematch, wonder how legoshi will get stronger?
Mar 11, 2021 9:24 AM

May 2020
It's nice to see that Pina has a more vulnerable side to him, and he's not just a cold, arrogant character in general!

Omg Legoshi is such a jokester at times xD
Mar 11, 2021 9:35 AM

Jun 2015
ttcchen said:

Yeah, I noticed this episode was quite off. And after Legosi and Riz's struggle, we only have 2 episodes left, things will be a bit rushed
Mar 11, 2021 10:03 AM
Aug 2020
CGI animators in Japan, take notes. This is how you do it.
Mar 11, 2021 10:30 AM

Jun 2013
It was a great episode! The fight between Legoshi & Riz was well adapted from the Manga!
The moment between Haru and Legoshi was so bitter sweet! I hope they can be happy someday!
Mar 11, 2021 10:31 AM

Apr 2019
What an amazing episode. Studio Orange is doing a great job with these beautiful shots.

Mar 11, 2021 11:55 AM

Apr 2020
Woohoo, things are getting intense in this show, let's go!!!

I swear though that Riz is fucked up in the head. The false illusion that Tem opened up to Riz gave the bear the delusion that Tem lets himself be EATEN for the sake of their unity and friendship. I just call BS on that, it is truly messed up. But anyways...

We got Haru back in appearance after another 2 or so episodes, and talks with Legoshi, who's been getting some lusty dreams lately. Although the fact that she's still worried about Louis gave Legoshi the sense that she cannot love her until all of this is over. And while they're having their moment in the stairs, RIZ JUST LICKS PINA'S FINGER as a threat of his continued support to Legoshi, damn what a menacing threat it is.

And that fight scene between Legoshi and Riz is just amazing. Bloody fight indeed, and the date is set for New Years Eve, for them to settle it once and for all. I'll be waiting for that! Lastly, we got an effin cliffhanger there, let's see how Legoshi strengthens himself more for an inevitable fight against the big strong bear.
Mar 11, 2021 1:30 PM

Dec 2016
Omg, what a bloody episode *-* Very intense! It's terrifying to know that Riz will play the "good bear" in a blink of an eye... the side effects are hitting him hard!

It's crazy that Riz shows up behind Pina and then tries to eat his finger O_O; Just hearing Riz chewing gave me chills!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 11, 2021 2:36 PM

Jun 2019
This episode was really great too.

I love the way Riz is being portrayed as wanting to cherish the “beautiful understanding” between him and Tem. It is becoming more and more obvious that he is insane and that moment never happened, but the way they present his side makes it seem understandable.

The interactions between Riz and Pina were very intense too and the fight between Riz and Legosi was great. Also, it is looking like Legosi will have to eat meat to gain the necessary strength to fight Riz and I can’t wait to see how he handles that.
Mar 11, 2021 3:16 PM

Nov 2014
mlzu said:
The parallels in values, love? predatory? which one is correct? Such a great episode again. Pina's acting in the Adler play was amazing. What is the way to get stronger? Shit's gonna go down on New Years Eve.

ttcchen said:
Hero again, I wish they animated some of that stuff, what happened to the phone call again?
It's connected to Legosi's backstory so they didn't animate it. Legosi was calling that [someone].
midding said:
I am strangely loving Riz's story.. I feel sorry for him and Tem, in the way he sees their friendship. Why is Legoshi even fighting him.. Riz's case is a kind of an insanity. Legoshi does say "I wish he was a simple villain" or something like that. Will Riz be sent to Gouhin??

ttcchen said:

83-85, 87, 89
Mar 11, 2021 3:32 PM

Mar 2018
wow that episode flew by and finally some legoshi riz action. Cant wait for new years eve
Mar 11, 2021 4:04 PM

Nov 2016
There's love, tho. Between Legosi and Haru, Sheila and Peach as well as Tao and Kibi.

But holy, when Riz appeared behind Pina, that really sent chills down my spine. Also enjoyed the brawl thoroughly. Great tension packed episode. Now I'm hyped for New Years Eve.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 11, 2021 4:28 PM
Mar 2015
Riz is the real star at this point even if he is bad shit crazy
Mar 11, 2021 5:12 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lol. A fickle chef. That was surely a nice depiction over Riz situations in these episode. His way of thinking already swallowed by the desires of eating the herbivores, made his mind jumbling with a total confusion word. Such a poor bear. Meanwhile, Legosi, whose already survived against the tastes and desire to devoure the herbivores via Haru past story, decided to taken the action real quick. Moreover, after what happened within Riz and Pina at the middle of the episode. That was some good play, Pina, keep goated yourself! He even baited them into that fight. Lol.

Then, its happening. The first really confrontation about the huge fickle bear against the perverted wolf. Good thing that Legosi could survived after having so much pressure. But, Riz also got that damage, in the name of Legosi's love power. Such a shame that duel be hung up, with a nice note in the end. Because, you know, thats a suspense of a fickle chef! Well, can't wait to see the second round of them!

Meanwhile, a little chat of the lions seemed very important for the next plot. Yep, i can't wait for that too! Free and his gun!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 11, 2021 7:10 PM

Mar 2017
This was really nice even though it’s been rushed/changed quite a bit. Really makes me wish that they had more episodes to go with. I applaud them though for making the sequence of events smooth for the most part, despite what they’ve cut and rearranged.

Since it’s very likely we’re not going to be introduced to that “important person” this season, I’m hoping they can turn it into an OVA or something if they can. I really wanted to see them introduced so it’s a bit disappointing. If not an OVA at least a confirmed third season please...
Mar 12, 2021 4:29 AM

Aug 2019
Riz and Legoshi are the definition of “on sight” with their fights holy
Mar 12, 2021 6:17 AM

Jun 2020
ttcchen said:
mlzu said:

It's connected to Legosi's backstory so they didn't animate it. Legosi was calling that [someone].
midding said:

83-85, 87, 89

...okay, thankyou !
Mar 12, 2021 2:37 PM

Oct 2020
Damn what a clash of ideologies in that fight. For a moment I even justified Riz's psyche, wow.

I wonder what happened to that snake security guard, we haven't seen her(?) in a while.
Mar 12, 2021 5:40 PM

Jul 2017
That brawl was fucking amazing.
Mar 12, 2021 7:25 PM
Jul 2019
Another great episode!
Mar 13, 2021 1:16 AM

Mar 2019
Another excellent episode. Easily the most consistent anime I'm watching this season in terms of quality.
Mar 13, 2021 4:41 AM
Sep 2020
ttcchen said:

keep doing these please theyre very helpful
Mar 13, 2021 7:03 AM

Feb 2017
Legoshi lust for Haru is pretty funny, and those nosy classmates was the cherry on top, I bet most of them just wonder "can carnivores and herbivores really bang?".

As for Riz and what Legoshi is going to do with him, we all agree that he is insane, but is his insanity innate or something caused by the weird circumstances bears have to deal with, if the former I would say he needs to be locked at the very least, if the latter Gohin might be able to cure him, which is what I think is going to end up happening.
Mar 13, 2021 8:07 AM

Sep 2017
Wow this episode literally felt like 5 minutes. I haven't truly experienced that in quite a long time.
Mar 13, 2021 7:32 PM

Oct 2008
awesome episode!
awesome LEGOSHI!
Haru finally told she loves Legoshi...then Legoshi couldn't believe it! it was cute the blush as well!
Pina hang in there you like thrills huh...but this is Legoshi's fight!
5/5.

Mar 13, 2021 8:02 PM
Jun 2017
Well, I have mixed feeling about this...

The shot of Riz eating that tomato was perfectly delivered. The finger scene was particularly well done. The fight was good, too.

But they suppressed Ai. I'm severely disappointed. Why did they cut out the most endearing chapter of this series? Why did they leave it aside but gave us the Shiina chapter instead? It has no sense at all! Shiina isn't that of an important character. God, she doesn't even have any meaningful lines, whereas Chapter 086 gives us some insight on Gouhin's relationship with his patients. Why did they cut it?

Mar 13, 2021 11:20 PM
Feb 2015
Paulotronator said:

The shot of Riz eating that tomato was perfectly delivered. The finger scene was particularly well done. The fight was good, too.

But they suppressed Ai. I'm severely disappointed. Why did they cut out the most endearing chapter of this series? Why did they leave it aside but gave us the Shiina chapter instead? It has no sense at all! Shiina isn't that of an important character. God, she doesn't even have any meaningful lines, whereas Chapter 086 gives us some insight on Gouhin's relationship with his patients. Why did they cut it?

I can take these questions for you chief.
The Sheila chapter is surprisingly important. It not only gives good worldbuilding in terms of carnivores and herbivores, but it gives proper worldbuilding towards HIGHSCHOOLERS in this world. It shows that both species have flaws, both major and minor, and is a breath of fresh air after all the craziness from episode 7. The Ai chapter is also very great, and would have been an awesome inclusion, but they could only include so much. Cuts had to be made, and I think that in terms of relevance, they included the most relevant side story. Would an adaptation of the Ai chapter be appreciated in a potential S3? Yes. Does it hurt the narrative if it was taken away? No.
Mar 14, 2021 11:47 AM

Mar 2010
Damn I was hoping the fight would have a more satisfying conclusion, felt like I was about to ejaculate but was stopped before the money shot.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 14, 2021 2:18 PM

Apr 2015
ttcchen said:

Thank you for this!
Mar 14, 2021 8:53 PM
Jun 2017
yungthoticus said:
Paulotronator said:

I can take these questions for you chief.
The Sheila chapter is surprisingly important. It not only gives good worldbuilding in terms of carnivores and herbivores, but it gives proper worldbuilding towards HIGHSCHOOLERS in this world. It shows that both species have flaws, both major and minor, and is a breath of fresh air after all the craziness from episode 7. The Ai chapter is also very great, and would have been an awesome inclusion, but they could only include so much. Cuts had to be made, and I think that in terms of relevance, they included the most relevant side story. Would an adaptation of the Ai chapter be appreciated in a potential S3? Yes. Does it hurt the narrative if it was taken away? No.

Yes, yes, I understand, good man.
Still, I'm bummed by the fact that Sheila is nonetheless a very minor character with almost no relevance in the story, yet Gouhin has many important roles in the overall development of the plot.
I'm disappointed for personal reasons, as I found that chapter to be very heartwarming and even the best of the series overall.

But, well, it can't be helped. It's a reasonable justification.
Mar 14, 2021 8:55 PM
Feb 2015
Rasco said:
Damn I was hoping the fight would have a more satisfying conclusion, felt like I was about to ejaculate but was stopped before the money shot.

Don't worry, we can all nut when Round 2 happens
Mar 15, 2021 8:25 AM
Oct 2019
When Pina Finger got sucked by Riz that was really Scary...

Intense Brawl Legoshi vs Riz...
This is Awesome!!!

Riz with his imagination about Tem, he is Sick!!!

Btw, I'm missed Snake Orochimau...

Studio Orange, you guys always nailed it!!!
In the next 5-10 years Studio Orange gonna be Top Tier Animation Studio for sure...
Revolutionary CGI Anime...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

200 by fatekkjjkk »»
Apr 24, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2021

102 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:23 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2021

63 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:44 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2021

137 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 2, 2023 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.