Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 12, 2020 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Despite the depressing mood from Youta's side this episode, there were still some light moments like with ramen, games, party etc.

Of course, there's Youta trying to do everything to bring Hina back. Not an easy task obviously but gotta at least admire the guy for trying. I'm also starting to like Suzuki more, seems like the type that can be sarcastic but not hard to get along with.
Dec 12, 2020 7:28 AM

Mar 2019
The sadness never ends... at least they teamed up to save her
I've been crying so hard that the cleaning lady thought an animal broke in the basement
Sah it's very sad
I lost my daughter in the same circumstances, this really hurt. At least now that she's gone I can work harder!! This was sadder in the anime anyway because of the music and because Hina is 10 times cuter than my daughter was...Also seeing her coughing sounded so funny I couldn't resist
Also Hina's voice was similar to the one my daughter had, its wrong to say but she sounded like GLaDOS it was very funny mdrrr
But this wan't as sad as when I had to hunt this anteater in 2003 in Africa during my business trip
RingareDec 12, 2020 7:35 AM
Dec 12, 2020 7:30 AM

Feb 2018
Hina is still alive but Hina no longer has goddess powers, damn.

The hacker acts like Hina so that Narukami can remember Hina.Narukami met with Hina but what the heck is that, Hina is afraid of men? Ohhh Mann... Looks like CM has come out, please check.

Looks like the final episode is a matter of days.

Dec 12, 2020 7:33 AM

Jul 2014
Ayt this is officially Charlotte levels of train wreck for me. My whole reaction was from meh to the peoples eyebrow lift. I am done, I'd be amazed if they can wow me with only 2 more eps left.
Dec 12, 2020 7:34 AM

Apr 2020
I was surprised that Suzuki moved to another school and became friends. I wonder if Suzuki wanted to share Hina's experience with basketball, ramen, and mahjong, and I love that casual everyday life. After all he was a good guy.

Damn, i'm kinda sad to see Hina's current state
Dec 12, 2020 8:52 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
What happened to Hina is horrible :( she's almost dying, and fortunately we didn't see her when she bald it would be even more horrible.
I hope that she won't die and that she will become as before but I highly doubt :/
Dec 12, 2020 8:58 AM
Apr 2017
The new opening animations (and lyrics) hits HARD. This is a huge shift.
Dec 12, 2020 9:00 AM

Feb 2019
Nah man, I just need to know what happened during Maeda Jun’s upbringing that filled him with this much pain to create shit like this. This was one of the saddest episodes I’ve ever seen. It wasn’t even like a “I’m crying” type sad, more like this feeling of defeat and pain that seeps throughout your body.

I’m not gonna justify his abandoning her, but I can definitely understand why Hina’s father probably had a nervous breakdown.

Seeing Hina in that state.. that’s just .. beyond heartbreaking. And we’ve still got two more episodes to go, it’s only gonna get sadder. I really don’t have any other words to say.. just pain.
Marinate1016Dec 12, 2020 9:04 AM
Dec 12, 2020 9:05 AM

Feb 2020
This episode hurts a lot...
I feel so sad :/
Dec 12, 2020 9:08 AM
Apr 2017
Marinate1016 said:
Nah man, I just need to know what happened during Maeda Jun’s upbringing that filled him with this much pain to create shit like this. This was one of the saddest episodes I’ve ever seen. It wasn’t even like a “I’m crying” type sad, more like this feeling of defeat and pain that seeps throughout your body.

I’m not gonna justify his abandoning her, but I can definitely understand why Hina’s father probably had a nervous breakdown.

Seeing Hina in that state.. that’s just .. beyond heartbreaking. And we’ve still got two more episodes to go, it’s only gonna get sadder. I really don’t have any other words to say.. just pain.

I don't know about upbringing, but Maeda had a heart condition that required him to be hospitalised for months and have a heart transplant back in 2016. I have no clue whether this has any factor in developing this, but there's that.
Dec 12, 2020 9:14 AM

May 2020
Was this a better outcome than her dying (or maybe she's going to die or not or who knows) I feel like 24 eps would have been better but Jun Maeda doesn't seem to do those anymore..
Dec 12, 2020 9:18 AM

Aug 2018
Better paced than Charlotte, otherwise eps 10-12 would have been crammed into one episode.
Dec 12, 2020 9:21 AM

Mar 2015
-Stray said:
Ayt this is officially Charlotte levels of train wreck for me. My whole reaction was from meh to the peoples eyebrow lift. I am done, I'd be amazed if they can wow me with only 2 more eps left.

I'm sorry but Charlotte was a train wreck because of everything that happened in a spawn of two episodes, Kamisama is a slug compared to it.

You can hate the plot but this is going as slow as it can possibly go.
Dec 12, 2020 9:24 AM
Jan 2020
Ringare said:
The sadness never ends... at least they teamed up to save her
I've been crying so hard that the cleaning lady thought an animal broke in the basement
Sah it's very sad
I lost my daughter in the same circumstances, this really hurt. At least now that she's gone I can work harder!! This was sadder in the anime anyway because of the music and because Hina is 10 times cuter than my daughter was...Also seeing her coughing sounded so funny I couldn't resist
Also Hina's voice was similar to the one my daughter had, its wrong to say but she sounded like GLaDOS it was very funny mdrrr
But this wan't as sad as when I had to hunt this anteater in 2003 in Africa during my business trip
Bruhh, that's harsh...
Dec 12, 2020 9:24 AM

Jul 2017
The OP has some scenes changed for the final quarter of events incoming, please DO NOT miss it!

With Hina being led away by the secret organization (and well past the 30-day time limit), Youta and Co.'s lead eventually turn up nothing.

OH? Hacker Suzuki coincidentally transferring into Youta's school and quickly getting along with the gang...that's nothing more than just plot device, can it? Going through all the activities that they did with Hina (basketball, ramen, Mahjong and film), now with Suzuki instead that lasts for eternity. That KEY drink can though.

I'd already believe that Youta is just a normie, but he is THAT dumb to realize why Suzuki hit him up in the first place...WOW. The goldfish is already gone, and with it, Hina's intelligence as an omniscience god. In all essence, Suzuki IS A GOOD GUY, and is going out of his way to service Youta about Hina, that's saying a lot for a character that got burned, and using people to atone for his wrongdoings. See you Suzuki, your hacker contributions will not be forgotten.

Infiltrating the research facility (with Suzuki's hacker help) that has a time limit of 2 weeks, it's really a do-or-die situation for Youta. If there's any consolation for the current state of Hina, much less her deranged state and going through cranial surgery, it was sad (but unfortunately not so sad for me. just the gut wretched feeling of loss of confidence and defeat).

If you wanna know the context to this, search up: "Jun Maeda heart transplant" and you'll understand how this story came to be.
Dec 12, 2020 9:32 AM

Aug 2018
I hate Suzuki as a character
_______I like rocks__
Dec 12, 2020 9:37 AM

Jan 2014
Damn that last part was hard to watch. Poor Hina.
Dec 12, 2020 9:38 AM

Sep 2019
This episode neither made me cry nor made me feel sad. I really wanted to feel bad about Hina's condition but it didn't happen. Maybe it's just me but I don't think this can be the "saddest anime ever".
z00nexDec 12, 2020 2:16 PM
Dec 12, 2020 9:43 AM

Dec 2014
It's not really the kind of episode that gets you emotional but more along these lines of just general depressing to watch it happen. Hina. :(

At the very least Yota figured out who Suzuki was after some really hard nudging.
Dec 12, 2020 9:53 AM

Oct 2017
Watching Hina atm is a painful af, girl don't make me cry damn it.
Dec 12, 2020 9:56 AM

Mar 2014
This felt quite a bit rushed tbh, we went from Suzuki meeting Yota, to several time skips, and then through Suzuki's hacking Yota was immediately transported to Hina's location. The fast pace kinda ruined how emotional this could've potentially been. However, the atmosphere in the end was a bit depressing, it's sad what is happening to Hina. She really doesn't deserve this, she was a normal girl who just wanted to live :(
Dec 12, 2020 9:59 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
And so the day when both the summer holiday ends and the time for the end of the world finally arrives. Its funny seeing Suzuki just transfer in so casually and join their circle so easily. Its quite funny seeing him trying to meet all the connections and take part in the events that Hina and Youta made and encountered. Given the bonds that they made it's unsurprising that there will be an emptiness within Youta's heart. But it was kind of Suzuki to give Youta the chance to see Hina. Without of which Youta will never be able to see her at all imprisoned as she is at such a remote facility. But man its heart-breaking to see what happened to Hina after the surgery. Overall an excellent ep that was filled with both revelations and emotions. Youta though sure is at a emotional crossroads though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2020 10:01 AM

Nov 2008
Oh lord NO.

She's getting the full Misuzu treatment....complete with the unsightly haircut.

This definitely won't be as tragic for me as Air though. Cause I adored Misuzu the very second she came on screen. She's much quieter, cuter, and sweeter. Hina took a bit to grow on me since she's a little obnoxious at first.

But

Suzuki is the best character in this show. I love him so much. Needs his own spin-off. Fight me. xD
ChiibiDec 12, 2020 10:22 AM

Dec 12, 2020 10:03 AM
Jul 2020
The moment her face was revealed i was stunned silent. The girl that a few episodes earlier was smiling while ringing the bells ringside for a fake boxing match is.....no words, just no words to describe the sadness i felt.
Dec 12, 2020 10:06 AM

May 2019
Employee: “Don’t shout”
Yota: *shouts not once but twice*

They try too hard to make this anime sad but it just doesn’t work for me.

And we’re 10 eps in yet I still find Yota’s sister’s speech really annoying. Does putting “-shi” at the and of every sentence suppose to be cute or something? To me it just sounds retarded.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Dec 12, 2020 10:25 AM

Nov 2008
nanimeanswhat said:

And we’re 10 eps in yet I still find Yota’s sister’s speech really annoying. Does putting “-shi” at the and of every sentence suppose to be cute or something? To me it just sounds retarded.

I DON'T KNOW BUT YEAH, THANKS, I ALSO HATE THIS. The worst part is seeing "shi" subbed as "like" as if she's some goddamn American Vallley girl...it is so annoying I stop looking at the subs every time she opens her freaking mouth.

Dec 12, 2020 10:28 AM
Jun 2017
This is very interesting---> hina is not the same hina after that procedure being done to her. Lets see how this series will end.
Dec 12, 2020 10:30 AM

Aug 2013
It's really depressing watching Hina in her present condition. How does she have to suffer like that.

Dec 12, 2020 10:35 AM
Jul 2016
Well many people kept telling me be prepared to be sad , to be sad... Sad... Sad... Its been eternity and I am yet not sad. Its 7/10 show for me. Neither something special nor bad. I just wanna say no matter how sad the last 2 eps get , I have decided the score based on the fact that last 2 eps will be sad.( I will drop it to 6 if even one ep isn't up to the mark with the feels). My score is based on the art n animation n the little bit of comedy that I found was the only redeeming feature up until now. Now I am not much hyped for it , just jujutsu and aot on my hype train for each week's new ep.
GagzxAizenDec 12, 2020 10:40 AM
Dec 12, 2020 10:41 AM

Sep 2020
Oh my gosh, it was hard to see Hina like this!

The scenes in the opening was also changed into a gloomy theme from a fun one.
I hope Youta takes Hina back home.
I am excited to see how the upcoming episodes go on!
Dec 12, 2020 10:43 AM

Oct 2018
Looks like the OP have been changed after Hina is been taken away by the CEO! The anime is getting more depressing now! :(

The episode starts with Hacker Suzuki transferring to Youta's school and immediately greets Youta and friends! Well I could say this is quite weird, I mean Youta never met Suzuki before and Suzuki immediately says "Konichiwa" to Youta! Could this be the key to find Hina? Not yet!

Now Hacker Suzuki spends his majority time with Youta and friends! They play basketball, eat ramen, play mahjong, and even talk about the film project! All of these are all what Hina did during summer with Youta and friends! Now the key is complete and looks like Youta knows what Hacker Suzuki was doing after all this time!

Finally, we're going to see Hina again!😆 Oh not to mention Hacker Suzuki helps Youta to infiltrate the facility to meet Hina! Arigatou, Hacker Suzuki! XD

Youta have finally reunite with Hina! Could this be a happy ending?

Nope, and it's much worse! Hina is okay but she has developed an extreme fear against men and is now afraid of Youta! Like really, what did the CEO done to Hina to cause this massive trauma? :(

Overall, this episode is getting more depressing! I'm beginning to drop tears from watching Hina's condition! I wonder how the next episode will go?

RiriHitosuyanagiDec 12, 2020 10:54 AM
Forum set made by Nate
Dec 12, 2020 11:22 AM
Jul 2018
Didn’t Maeda say he strived to make this the saddest anime he’s ever made? It’ll be really interesting how he’s going to drag this out for another 2 episodes, but I don’t know how he would. The next 2 episodes seem pretty predictable right now, but I already know Maeda might go and try to pull off a crazy plot twist like, that this was all a dream and nobody actually existed or something.

Poor Hina though man, I really feel for her man. And many thanks to Suzuki for helping Youta to meet Hina again.
Dec 12, 2020 11:37 AM

Nov 2008
_cenjoo said:
Didn’t Maeda say he strived to make this the saddest anime he’s ever made? It’ll be really interesting how he’s going to drag this out for another 2 episodes, but I don’t know how he would.

It's so not gonna work. It's too late because not enough time was spent on Hina and Youta's bond. We saw them having fun and stuff...but they don't really emotionally connect so if the connection isn't strong enough to begin with...we're not going to miss it all THAT much when it's been destroyed. :|

I am a bit disappointed...unless he really pulls something miraculous off. Never know.

Dec 12, 2020 11:45 AM

May 2018
Well dang, this is gonna have a bad ending

I kinda regret watching this, tearjerkers are not my thing
DariatDec 12, 2020 11:48 AM
Dec 12, 2020 11:45 AM
Feb 2019
It is at that moment that you wish that humanity should never had existed in this world. Where we see that most are 100% worse than animals.
"-They shaved her head and did something else, that's what the doctor said!"
😢😭😭😭....
Dec 12, 2020 12:01 PM

Nov 2016
Say what you want about the writing and storyboarding, but this episode was gut-wrenchingly sad :(

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 12, 2020 12:07 PM

Mar 2020
Time flies by doesn't it. Hacker is trying to make Youta remember the summer that he spent with Hina, the summer that should be unforgettable at least in my opinion.

Well Youta was able to remember Hina and Hacker has set him up to meet the new Hina.

That bench Youta sat on made me remember the time Otonashi sitting on a bench after his...

Good episode :)
Dec 12, 2020 12:30 PM

Apr 2020
Ending was sad though, but I'm guessing it's going to somehow get resolved next episode.
Thought this ep was pretty good
I would give this anime a 7.5 so far
Dec 12, 2020 12:32 PM
Mar 2015
That was painful to watch
Dec 12, 2020 12:56 PM
Jun 2020
Well to be honest , the anime is really fast paced and it is trying to make to me cry for this fast paced paced plot , which is not possible for me ,if it was 24-26 episode anime with some other character building and other stuff , it would have been more sad than now
Dec 12, 2020 1:00 PM

Nov 2008
Aw. People are sad. What to do....:|

Have a funny gif. I was also screaming at Youta at this point. xD

"He's trying to TELL YOU SOMETHING, YOU STUPID...."

Dec 12, 2020 1:37 PM

Apr 2019
this is all way too rushed, wonder how they are going to end this? and ffs Yota stop screaming when the lady clearly told you not to scream.

Dec 12, 2020 1:50 PM

Dec 2020
The final scenes felt a little forced. Since when has Youta lacked composure so much that he would start yelling in a hospital ward, in front of a traumatized little girl? If it were once, I could understand it, but after he yelled Hina's name at the start, he should have been more careful.

Then there's the bench scene where he's talking as if he has to make a decision tonight when he has two weeks to do so. He was already planning on spending the time there so he needs to relax and ease into this.

And what's with this "product placement"? Why does the Key Coffee need an extreme closeup? The wide shot was fine, lol.
Dec 12, 2020 1:53 PM

Jul 2017
Never did I expect it would turn this way...
Hina's condition broke my heart, I hope her mentality and memories would've recovered soon, it's so breathtakingly sad when she is afraid to that degree....
Dec 12, 2020 1:59 PM
Feb 2020
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Dec 12, 2020 2:12 PM

Jun 2020
Shit I must be a cold bastard, didn't feel nearly as destroyed as the others on this thread. I thought her situation was sympathetic but I couldn't bat a tear for the life of me. Well I'm more likely to feel sad about someone losing a loved one or something
This anime shit is addictive
Dec 12, 2020 2:29 PM

Nov 2008
spectrojan said:
Shit I must be a cold bastard,

No, I don't think you are. xD I cry very easily but this is the ONLY Key series that hasn't been squeezing tears from me as well.

I even cried during Little Busters....and I consider that a mediocre show

Dec 12, 2020 2:30 PM

Apr 2015
Honestly, it was a bit hard to watch seeing Hina in that state, compared to how she was, but I don't feel sad at all. Before I was a sucker for these kind of series (Angel Beats, Charlotte), they always managed to get me emotional but this show just doesn't have that impact for me.
Dec 12, 2020 2:33 PM

Aug 2018
Well, she's alive on the outside, but is it really the case in the inside ? Quite sad to discover her current state, but I don't think this is hopeless. 2 more episodes to go, another miracle to happen !
Dec 12, 2020 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
I feel like this episode would have been a lot more shocking if it wasn’t obviously telegraphed that this was the direction it was going to go.

Like the Father straight up says “Maybe one day you’ll need to witness her deteriorating as well”.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2020

196 by euphoricoddball »»
Feb 1, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 26, 2020

304 by DELLspencer »»
Jan 7, 11:48 AM

» Please give this Anime a Chance!

RjtheGreat14 - Sep 6, 2022

39 by Daekesh »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:53 PM

» Why do people dislike this anime ? ( 1 2 )

kaiki_fan_boy - Dec 29, 2020

92 by HabteG »»
Nov 24, 2023 3:43 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

171 by ggultra2764 »»
Nov 21, 2023 11:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.