Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 3, 2020 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
For some reason, I really like the sympathy of the music used for this episode. Very light tone but fits so well for the character chemistry and mood.

It's also an important time for the year for them as it's around Valentines. It's a chance for exchange of chocolate and feelings. Quite a sweet episode.
Dec 3, 2020 9:38 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Looks like they are still bonding at their own pace wonder if it will speed up.
Dec 3, 2020 10:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Cute valentine's day episode... no to the childhood friend and yes to Adachi.
And nice to see Shimamura's message on the electronic board, also that "hug" scene was very cute too
Dec 3, 2020 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
really cute episode!! looks like they're relationship is progressing smoothly
Dec 3, 2020 10:29 AM

Feb 2019
MY TURN WHEN 😔 https://imgur.com/a/JeFu2Tm

10/10 episode as usual. Can’t say that I’ve really experienced it, but meeting up with an old friend after years and finding out that you two are totally different people now must be hard to deal with. Shimamura at least tried to bridge the gap at the end with Toaru, which was sweet.

We can gradually see Shimamura start to realise how important Adachi is to her throughout this ep. While hanging out with Taru, Adachi is constantly on her mind. Really looking forward to how this develops :)

Oh and hair colour change next week? Lets gooo
Dec 3, 2020 10:38 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Yashiro is always full of surprises huh. The day for valentines finally arrives it seems. A day trip to Nagoya for valentines day sure is an interesting activity. After being separated for so long though its nice to see Shimamura and Tarumi be able to hang out like they did in the past. Love how the ep actually swaps days around so as to allow us to see what had happened to Shimamura in between the days. Still looks like her heart is closed to Tarumi despite the attempts by her to open them. The surprise hugs sure were fun though quite hard to handle by Shimamura. A hearwarming ep as always. While Shimamura still has some insecurity at least both she and Adachi are willing to take the steps needed to progress their relationship.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2020 10:53 AM

Nov 2014
This episode finally showed that Adachi is also special to Shimamura.
I was kinda worried about Taru, it seemed like she could bring some drama. Luckily nothing happened.
Dec 3, 2020 10:55 AM

Sep 2018
Fantastic episode. Shima was so sweet in this one, she's becoming less hesitant and I'm all here for it. We didn't get a grand tour of Nagoya, but I think both of the girls had fun. I think it would have been fun if they rode the ferris wheel too. Maybe I can fit that in my headcanon lol.
Dec 3, 2020 11:00 AM

Apr 2019
Awesome Valentines day episode this time around. Good that Tarumi isn't interfering much with adachi and shimamura's relationship. Cute chocolate exchanging scene

adachubby.

Dec 3, 2020 11:00 AM

Sep 2019
Adachi and Shimamura got their chocolate from the same place, it was a cute coincidence.

Shimamura called her Taru-chan and didn't let her flag lower, I guess the love triangle is inevitable.
Dec 3, 2020 11:11 AM

Nov 2016
Some nice little payoff on the Shimamura front. Definitely felt good to see her opening up emotionally and that message lol, how sweet.

And hey, character development wasn't the only development. Adachi is out there stealing bases(admittedly mini bases xD) I still doubt it tbh, but who knows, if she keeps going she might be able to snatch a kiss.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 3, 2020 11:17 AM
Jul 2019
The fabled Adachi x Shimamura hug. It’s adorable and it’s everything I’ve ever wanted in this series so far because Adachi keeps growing as she she gets closer to Shimamura. I love those two so much.
Dec 3, 2020 12:26 PM
Mar 2015
Nice hug and message Absence does not make the heart grow fonder
Dec 3, 2020 1:41 PM

Feb 2014
I'm happy that Shimamura is making a step in the right direction with her character development. She's opening up more emotionally now, and it showed in both her hangings out with Tarumi and Adachi.

The former trip gave Shimamura an idea for her day out with Adachi, but she was able to end her day with Tarumi on a good note when she was able to remember what she called Tarumi when they were younger, which made Tarumi happy.

The latter trip with Adachi was really sweet, with them having chocolate together and how nice it was for Shimamura to have that message appear on the electronic billboard, saying how she wants to stay close together with Adachi.

If that wasn't enough, Adachi went in to hug (glomp) Shimamura in response to the message, which was incredibly cute. All in all, this was a great Valentine's episode. ^_^
Dec 3, 2020 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
Is this Adachi with changed hair color? If she's a new girl paired with Tarumi. I don't see the point. Tarumi looks like she'll be an active third wheel in the series.
Dec 3, 2020 2:19 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
What a sweet episode, my blood sugar levels suddenly increased after their pure relations stepping up their awkward connection into another stages. I was wondering how the hell Shima smilling at the entire duration before Adachi bought her chocolate. Then, it cames, a relief, to see how Tarumi and Shima's activities as limited to the shopping themed only. And Adachi ideas to be hanged out again with Shimamura at their valentine day was indeed a brilliant move. I should've known it, its really the same one as a christmas day time. As Shima said, Adachi really need to wore off the chinese attire again too for those their precious time >°<.

Well, its a one step closer activity. Whatever happened, before, within Shimamura way of thinking through herself, and her surrounding, especially with Adachi on her side. Adachi really deserved that hug, its simply because its a warm hearted them, and at the end, its clearly satisfied me too. Lets keep the wholesomeness until the end. I really wishes to be like that, infinitely, before another actual briars reach them to burried their sweet memories.

Yeah, a briars. This episode, Shima used another nice phylosophical minds to describe her current feeling against her former childhood girlfriend, Taru, at least for my understanding. Her past, with Taru, was connected by briars, an incomplete self that hurt her. By using it as a metaphor, its explained how her incompetence against her incomplete past self, its hurt her much, making her into a complete silent against Tarumi.

I am glad she could surpass it, keep it cool for it, and move on to her reality again without forgetting who she was in the past. Its because of one light. Shima already found her current light. Its Adachi, that made her smile, instantly....

Next episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 3, 2020 2:32 PM

Nov 2013
xamantra said:
Is this Adachi with changed hair color? If she's a new girl paired with Tarumi. I don't see the point. Tarumi looks like she'll be an active third wheel in the series.

That's Shimamura after letting her hair go back to its original black color. Wish they hadn't show it in the preview so it could be a surprise to anime-only viewers.
Dec 3, 2020 2:53 PM

Apr 2020
Well folks we have yet another Valentine Day's episode of the season, and this time it is a date! Tarumi's date with Shimamura just before Valentine didn't go well as she expected, and Shima herself realizes the blame. Yep, they're in an awkward position but maybe they'll get over their miscommunication.

But this episode, it's full on AdaShi date in Nagoya. I was really thrown off guard on how Shimamura is always smiling and is on a cheery note, not the moods you expect from her. And Adachi once again with her puppy mentality (maybe you will be Shimamura's pet, maybe). That moment when Shima is holding Adachi's cheeks up close is REALLY HOT, near perfection. And the best part of the ep is Shimamura's Valentine message to Adachi, aww so sweet. Adachi thanks her with a surprise glomp and they grow closer.

Although next week's preview is bringing me alarm bells, looks like Shima is back at her natural hair color. And Tarumi once again trying to stay close with her, how will Adachi react to this. (More Nagafuji and Hino fanservice)

Dec 3, 2020 2:57 PM

Apr 2015
So no wonder Shimamura was aware of the train times, as had gone to the same place the day before with Tarumi. That meet up was just painfully awkward the whole way through, except for the moment they parted ways again.

Adachi's "date" with Shimamura was just wonderful, slowly but surely Adachi is getting more confident in speaking normally with Shimamura. That message was just so heart warming and lovely to see. Was a nice surprise for Adachi. The hug that followed was so cute and a slightly bit awkward with Adachi tapping her on the back hard. The second hug was even better as clumpsy Adachi lands into Shimamura's chest. Lucky girl!

That preview, if I think what I saw is right (confirmed by a few posts above mine), I will look forward to this next episode even more.
Dec 3, 2020 2:59 PM

Aug 2018
While this show is quite sweet the place is quite slow so I will hope it will speed up by the ending
_______I like rocks__
Dec 3, 2020 4:06 PM

Feb 2020
That look on Adachi's face when she was giving Shimamura that piece of chocolate. Little bit of yikes. lol
Dec 3, 2020 5:59 PM

Mar 2019
By far the best episode so far! Keep it coming!!!
Dec 3, 2020 6:04 PM

Nov 2017
Is it just me, or did the animation feel different this episode? Idk but Shimamura totally felt different than other episodes lol
Dec 3, 2020 6:14 PM

Mar 2019
Looooooooooooooved It....

PS: Sorry Taru.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Dec 3, 2020 7:04 PM

Jun 2020
I feel like the more they get to know more each other the ackward this show is.

At the very end was really cute scene, I wonder when will Adachi's rival meet up, kinda curious on what's going to happen.
Dec 3, 2020 7:23 PM

Oct 2017
Now that was a sweet af valentines episode. Adachi being weird was really cute and that hug felt so fluffy. Awwwwwwww Imma melt.
Dec 3, 2020 8:00 PM

Jul 2017
Even aliens sure understand chocolate, but definitely not Valentine's.

Yashiro aside, Adachi and Shimamura sure are advancing slowly, but still well-endowed. The latter treating the former like a playful human with a cute pet. So fluffy~~~

And of course, what's Valentine's without the Yuri undertones of calm-collectedness with an exchange of the same chocolate, really luring ehhhh...and meeting the childhood friend Tarumi just the day before (and on the EXACT same route) really plunges the thought process.

Just like Valentine's the couple awkward cringe is there, but surprisingly between both girls, it wasn't as off-putting as it seems to be. Sadly for Taru, time past and even present doesn't seem to connect all too well between her and Shimamura, even by past friendship and hurts.

To end it all with a warm hug with some friendship comedy, it's just too sweet. Let this lingering feeling continue onward~~~

Adaptation notes:
Mani - Chapter 16-17
Moke - Past latest translated chapter
KANLen09Dec 3, 2020 8:03 PM
Dec 3, 2020 8:24 PM
Jun 2017
Want to hug someone since its cold... Hmmm... Love that reasoning... Hahaha
Dec 3, 2020 10:15 PM

Jul 2016
Well, I would say this Valentine's "date" was pretty much a success for Adachi. There was no confession nor kiss but the bond she has with Shimamura sure has deepened significantly now.

Another great episode. Really liked how the parallels between Shimamura's meetups with both Adachi and Tarumi were portrayed and the way in how she's slowly opening up to others feels truly satisfying to see. Not to mention that the scenes with the message being displayed on the electronic board and the following awkward hug between the girls were really lovely to see as well.

So, it seems Shimamura will have her original hair color back next episode, uh? Wonder what Adachi will think of it but most importantly, it also seems that Tarumi will have a word with her childhood friend (a confession, perhaps?) so now, I'm particularly looking forward to next week.
SouthRzVaDec 3, 2020 10:21 PM
Dec 3, 2020 10:22 PM

Nov 2016
Nice chapter the best couple reclaim the throne :3
Dec 3, 2020 11:40 PM

Jan 2014
I really like how thie episode handles things. It's hard to establish that connection you had when you were kids, mainly after being apart for what I'm guessing quite a while. Felt they really delivered on that front, and hey, I do hope they can be proper friends again. Seems like they will in the future, just gotta get through the awkward steps at first.

The choco scene was super cuuute though.
Dec 4, 2020 12:59 AM

Sep 2020
it's the best and fluffiest episode so far...
Shima dedicating that message to Adachi + hugsss..huffff..
just got a shot of insulin after that episode..
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Dec 4, 2020 1:50 AM
Jan 2017
Man, what episode. I genuinely melted with Shimamura loveliness within Adachi's reactions. Y'know, personally, Shimamura personality kind reminder me of my first crush IRL. Stopping to think about it, it was kind of an bittersweet feeling but, somehow, I've found it pleasant. Anyway, I'm amazed how this anime turned to be my fav "shoujo-ai" of all time.
Dec 4, 2020 1:54 AM

Apr 2014
The best episode so far. Their dates are very cute and lovely especially the message, and that hug is the best.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 4, 2020 3:26 AM

Oct 2007
enjoyed this one. Adachi having a good time feeding Shima a bit of chocolate, also being allowed to hug!

surprised that going with Taru-chan did not give Shima much fun.. maybe she really likes Adachi more than the childhood friend.

looking forward to next week. :)
Dec 4, 2020 3:51 AM

Jun 2019
That was a lovely, heart warming episode to watch. The show tricked me, i thought Shimamura's new friend, Taru was going to over shadow Adachi, but they played it a different way. It turns out that Shimamura's time spent with Taru made her realise how much she enjoyed being with Adachi.

Adachi clearly has feelings of love for Shimamura, although she's constantly realising the depths and nature of these feelings herself. I'm sure Shimamura must have an inkling that Adachi likes her in that way, although it seems like she is quite self deprecatory, and doesn't think that she is good enough for anyone to love her, and maybe believes that she doesn't deserve love or feelings of affection.

I wonder when Shimamura finally realises the depth of Adachi's feelings for her, what she'll do, will she reciprocate or be put off and back away. I hope the former.
Dec 4, 2020 3:56 AM

Dec 2018
I do like that Shimamura's thoughts are on Adachi. And values her time with her. But the new girl takes away precious time when there are only a couple of episodes left

And seriously what is up with all this background heterosexuality! Male holding females hand in my Yuri! Unacceptable IMO neither males nor heterosexuality belongs in any form in a Yuri. I want my Yuri to be pure

I really hope it will muster up a lesbian kiss before this is over. At least then I can stop nick-picking on it . It moves very slowly and is way too fond of the third wheel

Don't take me wrong here. I don't hate this episode. But I have hope for a bit more progress between the main lesbians

Nagafuji is my number one lesbian in this! In the preview pressing down her girlfriends head between her naked breast,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES Good girl! She is my little princess ❤❤ Love the fanservice in this anime. It gives a bit of extra spice but not being over the top either. It's just the right amount

Yuri-CrusaderDec 5, 2020 11:09 AM
Dec 4, 2020 4:43 AM

Oct 2016
Hngh, fantastic episode that was definitely my favorite so far. This episode shows that Adachi is definitely someone very important to Shimamura now and I love it. I need more, give me the next episode now.

Though I am not used to the very bubbly and cheerful Shimamura yet, she was really adorable this episode. But no one can beat Adachi's adorableness, she was about to offer them chocolates to her Shimamura shrine lmao. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Dec 4, 2020 5:16 AM

Oct 2020
I kinda feel bad for Tarumi since that sort of falling out of childhood friends is all too common.

Dec 4, 2020 12:16 PM

Apr 2020
Chocolate Exchange yay!
I had a feeling Adachi was just going to keep the chocolate like the soda drink lol but she didn't
Dec 4, 2020 3:30 PM

Jul 2012
Very nice episode! I'm happy that Adachi has enjoyed some chocolate that Shimamura gave to her, and
I really like how Adachi has hugged her hard and patted her at the back. It shows how caring Adachi is.
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Dec 4, 2020 4:16 PM

Mar 2016
Late post, but whatever.

This episode was exceedingly underwhelming on so many levels. It’s pretty much bent on the facts on how rinse-repeat these interactions have been. It’s to the point of suffocation. Even with the revelation of both sides now realizing their intimate feelings toward the other, it doesn’t feel like something genuine. Really considering reading the LN after I finish this sluggish fest. All the yuri tones you can have, but they ain’t saving the anime by themselves.
Dec 4, 2020 10:18 PM

Nov 2019
Man Shimamura a lady-killer haha
Dec 5, 2020 12:16 AM

Oct 2007
KitsuYurikano said:

surprises me that there are 4 yuri couples in that poll.

this is yuri season. :>
Dec 5, 2020 2:57 AM

Apr 2020
this is by far my favourite episode! it was the perfect blend of adorable and awkward that made it absolutely heartwarming. Although so far in the series i havent cared much for the side characters (especially chikama) Tarumi was a compelling character that was interesting to the story and that i actually cared about! overall 10/10 episode
Dec 5, 2020 10:29 AM

Sep 2017
Decently cute episode. The message on the electronic sign was sweet. Childhood friend times was pretty awk but at least Shimamura tried to patch it up a little at the end.
Dec 5, 2020 1:15 PM

Apr 2018
Ah, the Valentine Ep we all been waiting for.

Shimamura was so happy spending time with Adachi. That hugging scene tho was so cute.

Shimamura with that message at the very end.
Dec 5, 2020 4:12 PM
Jul 2018
I'd like the relationships to progress but this show is cute and nice to look at so I'm not too bothered.

Also, shoutout to this random shot of a chef in the background. His face cracked me up, like he knows what's up.

Dec 5, 2020 5:20 PM

Dec 2016
Adachi: "I wonder what people think about us?"
People: "Get Fking a room already!! ... Jesus, I will even pay for that room!"

KitsuYurikano said:

Not gonna lie, it's hard for me take this list seriously when Cutthroat and Swindler from AD are so high, or even on this list at all.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 5, 2020 5:43 PM
uwu

Mar 2014
Really great episode!!! Adachi finally can be more closer to Shimamura, and that hug uuuuunch, very cute indeed~

I barely even watch Yuri in the past but damn this is top tier cute romance here
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2020

113 by ChibiiBunii »»
Apr 18, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2020

132 by Phixiately »»
Feb 27, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2020

76 by Phixiately »»
Feb 1, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2020

69 by locke_ix »»
Jan 13, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2020

78 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 8, 2023 5:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.