Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 10, 2020 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Regardless of what time, it seems this anime is able to make the character chemistry feel timeless.

Adachi and Shimamura brings together yet another human relationship that is adorably charming, whether it's talking, making food together, or just hanging out and shopping. Good to also see astronaut girl (Chikama) makes another cameo.
Dec 10, 2020 10:05 AM
Jul 2018
adachi's reaction at the start was so wholesome :)
Dec 10, 2020 10:20 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's so weird to see Shimamura with her natural hair color, I'm not used to brown hair Shimamura but she still looks good like this.
Too bad that Adachi is skipping class now, but at least she was here at the end
Dec 10, 2020 10:29 AM

Feb 2019
FELT: https://imgur.com/gallery/kVi9zhD

This episode hit so close to home because I relate to Shimamura so much. I’m a very cold hearted person when it comes to opening up to people, making friends and holding on to relationships. Like Shimamura, I recognise it to be an issue, but I’ve never been able to change it. I can be right next to someone and be in an entirely different world mentally and emotionally. Damn.

I feel bad for Taru, because while she’s all happy to be reconnected with her childhood friend, the feeling’s not really mutual. Shimamura’s outgrown the relationship they had as kids and struggles to express that. :/ Taru and the girls at school are basically just devices for Shimamura to realise how much she cares about Sakura which we see at the end of the ep.

This episode put this show in the top 3 for me for this season. Damn this was good
Dec 10, 2020 10:42 AM

Apr 2019
I was starting to get worried there, good thing they are in the same class this year again. Seeing Adachi being elated about it was cute. Seems Shimamura found new artificial friends this year, also hanging out with Taru a bit more. Good thing Adachi came to her in the end. Third time is the charm.

Dec 10, 2020 10:43 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Well entering a new school and class is always a stressful situation. Even more so for Adachi and Shimamura given their personalities. But the time for them sure passed quickly as now they second years. So thats Shimamura's natural hair colour. Damm Hino's place really was huge. Though it looks like Hino's relationship with her family isn't that great. Still despite being with Adachi for a year now looks like Shimamura's struggles remain. Still its nice to see that her classmates have taken notice of Adachi's changes though. The bonding moment between Hino and Nagafuji within the bath though was cute. Tarumi though really is trying hard to reforge the bonds between her and Shimamura though. Nice to see Adachi show the courage that she gained by going up to Shimamura while she's with her new friends though. Sweet ep as always that also showed well just how much the bonds they have forged with each other served to change their lives in the new year.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2020 10:51 AM
Jul 2019
Another good episode. We get another moment with Shimamura and Tarumi and learn more about their chemistry together. Seeing Adachi burst with joy after learning she’s in the same class with Shimamura again made me happy as well. I love seeing Adachi being happy because it’s always so heartwarming. It also looks like we’re gonna have some feels next week according to the preview for episode 11. Crying Adachi is gonna bring so much pain.
Dec 10, 2020 11:02 AM

Sep 2019
Shimamura’s friends are getting more action than the main couple.

Shimamura looks a lot better with brown hair imo.
Dec 10, 2020 11:06 AM

Jan 2014
Really loved how it looked into Shimamura more and more, and how she feels for things. Really shows that sometimes it doesn't really click at first, compared to others. Even if it's a friendship from the past, it's hard to recapture that magic that was there before. But also must be hard when the person or people you could open up to, aren't in your circle at the moment.
Dec 10, 2020 11:18 AM

Oct 2017
Wow almost zero interactions between Shimamura and Adachi. Kinda ehh episode thou Hino and Nagafuji moments were cute.
Dec 10, 2020 11:21 AM

Oct 2020
This episode was kinda hard to watch. I'm glad that Adachi is taking that first step to reach out first in the end.

Dec 10, 2020 11:23 AM
Aug 2020
Adachi being so excited to be in the same class as Shimamura is so kawaii.

The whole date with Taru really got Shimamura thinking about her relationship with others, I liked how she kept linking all the good parts to Adachi. The clincher being Adachi calling her out. It appears our cold hearted kami-sama is realising that Adachi is very important to her!

edit: Also Nagafuji and Hina ship I like how theyre so much further than the main ship. that boba snuggle in the bath <3
MidnightPuddingDec 10, 2020 11:28 AM
Dec 10, 2020 11:27 AM
Feb 2015
Shimamura got super relatable this episode
Nagafuji best girl?
Dec 10, 2020 11:43 AM

Apr 2020
Well Shimamura finally got her brown hair
We got to see more of Tarumi and her personality.
Pretty good episode
Dec 10, 2020 11:54 AM

Mar 2019
Now this one, yes this one!!!! Here the character of Shimamura shown (being not too attached to people), yes, I too become/feel such kinda person but it was such a beautiful thing for adachi to make a move to get back the good relationship. Really love the way Adachi continues to be herself and good to see Shimamura too has her own character story, not just someone to be with Adachi. Yeah things working from both sides is much better. Love the pace of this story.
If there was no one else within a 5-kilometer radius from Shimamura, and she was in a deep sleep and an all-knowing deity just happened to reassure me that she wasn’t going to wake up the next 24 hours, maybe I’d get bored after 23 hours and I might kiss her once to relieve some boredom...
Dec 10, 2020 12:15 PM

Aug 2018
Shimamura looks weird with brown hair but I think I might prefer the brown hair
_______I like rocks__
Dec 10, 2020 12:17 PM

Jul 2020
Shimamura kinda cute with her natural hair
Dec 10, 2020 1:48 PM

Feb 2014
Adachi's little celebration when she was in the same class as Shimamura again brought a nice smile to my face. ^_^

Aside from that, this episode was mainly focused on Shimamura and, in her own words, how coldhearted of a person that she can be. Because of that, I have sympathy for her new artificial friends at school and also Tarumi, as well. At least for Tarumi, I do like how she's going out of her way to hang out with Shimamura and how she's doing her best to re-forge their old friend that they had in the past. If Shimamura learns to open up more, then Tarumi's wish will come true.

Despite not showing up to school due to Shimamura hanging out with her artificial friends, Adachi made her return and went out of her way to talk to Shimamura again, which will hopefully rekindle their friendship between each other.

On another note, I fully enjoyed the part with Hino and Nagafuji once more. Hino's house is something I can only dream of living in, especially with that huge bath, too. It was here that Nagafuji's full trust of Hino and how much she likes her came into full force as she placed Hino's hand on her own breast, before giving her a nice hug. It was sexy, but sweet at the same time. =P
Dec 10, 2020 1:49 PM

Jul 2014
Oh well, this was quite painful to watch. It's definitely not the same without Adachi, especially with how happy she was at the beginning when she saw that she was in the same class as Shimamura.

Nice to know Adachi and Nagafuji's first names.

Shimamura looks good with her new (old) hair color but I'm not sure if I like it better than the previous one, maybe I'm too used to that one.

The usual preview between Nagafuji and Hino made me laugh out loud, they are so silly, I love them so much xD. Also, damn! It's nothing new but Nagafuji has such a great body. I loved the bath scene, it was nice to find out more about Hino and to see Nagafuji's spicy support.
Dec 10, 2020 1:56 PM

Oct 2013
Really Shimamura you can't give Adachi a call? Get a clue fgs. I hope Adachi either confesses or calls out her coldness in the next episode lol. At least we got the other couple!

Really didn't like Shimamura's hair color either.
Dec 10, 2020 2:21 PM

Apr 2015
Barely any action on the Adachi x Shima front, but Hino x Nagafuji interactions were gold. Can't blame Hino for loving those mountains though. That fanservice was unexpected!

Poor Adachi, new year starts and Shima is suddenly surrounded by others. Adachi still didn't seem confident enough to approach Shima when she is with others, but finally at the end of the episode she finally did it.

Man, I thought the second meet up with Tarumi would be less awkward, not quite really. Tarumi was making it rather difficult for herself. Can cleary see that Shima has outgrown that relationship a long time ago, just like she said herself "I don't keep up with people" and honestly, that felt too close at home for me.
Dec 10, 2020 3:47 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Thats when i call a third wheel really want to controlled the whole engine, but failed in touch reciprocally. Still, its help a lot for Shima, and i, to gave her characterization into a more depth. Its indeed another way of minds from Shima that needed to look over carefully on her newly second year lifes.

Simple. Adachi won't be there forever. If only Shima took it seriously, the awkwardness won't rest until the end of the duration. However, she needed to observed much on her new surroundings, for the sake to detailled her deep feeling toward the absence of Adachi. And i must say, its a success. Its portray how hard Shima wanted to change her conditions. Even facing at the same surrounding like in the past before (newly artificial friends that closed to her with nonsense reason, for Shimamura, and then Taru approaching), Shima couldn't even forget the light at Adachi's presence.

Afterall, when Adachi decided to created a bold moves again, no matter what happened beforehand. How hard she rejected her surroundings, she actually happy seeing Adachi in charge again. Was that right, girl? A very smooth plot drive to make everything back to its track.

Well, beside the complexity matters that always happen surrounding the main couple one. I am glad that the side couple reached their final conclusion and momentarily. I might even considering it as a real feeling confession material, over their vagued words. Well, its not too vague afterall, its really 'loves', i mean, lovely . So, yeah, at the end thats such a sweet time for both of you. Keep continue being cute, girls! I am supporting you, no matter shit your lifes were on!

Now i need a little one to had their good ol' times too. Lol.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 10, 2020 3:53 PM

Sep 2020
it's a great episode as usual. Nagafuji and Hino gay moments is so good, LOL. and on the preview, they wanna fake their familiarity. hahahaha, they are really a cute couple here.

talk about character dev,i love how Shima keeps on thinking of Adachi, though it's still an "ice queen" thing she got there. i wanna see how Shima will do when Ada won't be around her more than this scene (well,i think it aint gonna happen,i simply want to,ugh), since its always Adachi who keeps on reaching out (the beauty of her character).

wait,is that Taru and Adachi bumping on each other? xD (the preview)

well,its indeed a great episode as it shows us more on Shima's perspective,on how she sees relationships.
and special mention to that last moments of the epi, that "magical" moment when her thoughts of Adachi calling her name -its just amazing.
BeauxiteDec 10, 2020 4:10 PM
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Dec 10, 2020 4:31 PM

Jun 2020
Really cute, and Adachi is being taken away let me kill those girl for stealing Shimamura.
Dec 10, 2020 4:48 PM
Jun 2017
Well sometimes we will met someone like Shimamura in our life, COLD HEARTED... i feel sad for Taru as she wants really to be close again to Shimamura but sad for her, Shimamura ain't that interested at all...

And she uses the term "artificial" friend, in some of her new friends. For me its the best time to broaden up the people you are with. Thats why Shimamura must atleast entertain them and who knows she might like them in the end...

And to Adachi... Im just sad for her as she really waits for Shimamura to come near at her but instead Shimamura is just with her new classmates leaving her behind.

Well its a little bit complicated as you could see how the relationship between Adachi and shimamura is, so lets just see what will happen in next episode.
Dec 10, 2020 4:58 PM
May 2019
Ah, I'm always amazed on how this anime gets my heart warm after every single episode.
So cute, so heartwarming, so pretty. I'm already missing it :(
Dec 10, 2020 5:21 PM

Jan 2018
I'm glad that Adachi and Shimamura ended up being in the same class again.
Looks like Shimamura is also starting to notice that Adachi is special to her, nice.
I wonder if we'll see less of Hino and Nagafuji now that they are in a different class.
Dec 10, 2020 5:35 PM

Dec 2020
Slutmamura tosses Adachi aside like a used tissue and goes around holding hands with megaslut Tarumi?! Unbelievable... Adachi's too good for you!

Hino and Nagafuji were pretty cute, though.
Dec 10, 2020 7:51 PM

Mar 2020
I was captivated by the very start of this episode, the violin was beautiful!!

Some cute moments between Hina and Taeko :)

Shimamura's natural hair color doesn't suit her at least in my opinion.

Bit of a different kind of episode, Adachi and Shimamura barely hanged out.

Good episode :)
Dec 10, 2020 8:53 PM

Apr 2020
This was a very good episode, especially for Shimamura as a character. Coasting along with some artificial friends on the new school year and trying to make a spark with a childhood friend is really hard for a girl like Shima. And hitting close to home for me makes me love the episode more. Also Shimamura getting back at her natural hair is really nice, I like it.

On the other hand, Hino and Nagafuji are much more closer to each other. Nagafuji allowing Hino for fondling her breasts is really HOT. And I guess Hino ain't happy in her home, Taeko notices that surely. Now this episode will feel boring or hard for some but I think it is an appropriate tone and pace considering Shima's view on her social life and how it really doesn't work that easily for some to mingle with others.
Dec 10, 2020 10:36 PM
uwu

Mar 2014
While we have a really romantic and cute episode 9 but now we have... this?

New year means a new era in school. Shimamura being left out Hina & Fuji now realised that she's has nothing except Adachi. We can see clearly how Shimamura felt about her and how much she missed her, even Tarumi can't cure the loneliness. Adachi, which sadly too shy to approach Shimamura decided to skips school for entire 2 weeks before finally able to call her again. Now I feel how much I MISSED ADACHI in this show, this episode without them couple feels so much empty

Probably in next episode we can see how much their "friendship" will turn into next level, really can't wait :")
Dec 10, 2020 10:58 PM

Apr 2014
Shimamura looks better with her original hair color.
Gladly, Adachi and Shimamura still in the same class. Even the start of the new trimester doesn't look good for Adachi. But, It makes Shimamura start to notice that Adachi is very important to herself.

The moment between Nagafuji and Hino are very cute and lovely. They are really strong tied together when they are in the same class for ten years.

Finally, Adachi starts to make some moves, hope that it will make their relationship to be more developed.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 10, 2020 11:54 PM

Aug 2019
I feel like something big is going to happen after Tamuri said “this is something worth looking into” before she hung up on Shimamura, also the way she went about getting matching straps between them was weird. I guess I just have to wait and see.
Dec 11, 2020 12:09 AM

Oct 2007
Taru-chan tries one more time to close again with Shima. Changing her approach to a happy and talkative one to reduce the awkwardness. Also, she has the places they would visit pre-planned, so it went smoothly. On her manner of talking.. it feels as if Taru-chan want to introduce Shima to her mom.. well, introducing your girlfriend.. err.. I mean "friend" to parent, is one way to to get even more close. xD

looking forward to next week! :)
Dec 11, 2020 1:59 AM

Jul 2012
Nagafuji and Hino have been getting closer and closer. I'm happy for them, and I personally think they deserve more screentime. They're very entertaining, and they're Shimamura's real friends as opposed to the three other girls that she calls them "artificial friends." Hino holding Nagafuji's chest was priceless.

To be honest, I prefer Shimamura having her blonde hair, but I guess she looks fine with her hair being brunette as well. Anyway, I'm kinda disappointed that she's been appearing cold-hearted than ever when it comes to meet people, and Adachi barely appeared in this. I feel kinda bad for Tarumi who just wanted to hang out and have fun while eating okonomiyaki. Oh well, at least Adachi came back to meet Shimamura again, and I'm looking forward to the next episode!
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Dec 11, 2020 2:33 AM

Jul 2017
The new year and another school term has arrived, but the 4 girls are now separate and into their new classes. "One step forward and two steps back" is Adachi's game of inconsistency, but since this is a Yuri show it's understandable in its basic form.

Hino and Nagafuji getting ever closer to one another while being pure...those two drive me crazy as ever in the purest form. Nagafuji's advance of Hino and leading her to caress her boobs, SWEET. The liking of love is genuine.

Shimamura though...has my head scratching. Those classmates of hers feel so fake, much less artificial in the first place, and I can relate to that very heavily of the IRL fact that only strong relationships will carry us through the river of life, and the weak ones that make us cold-hearted, not willing to care much about it. And this in turn also reverts Adachi back to Episode 1 status of being a loner. To react or detract from Adachi's advances, this isn't an easy issue to solve.

The other issue is with the childhood friend Tarumi, whom we can be certain that the latter hasn't moved on from her outlandish case of affection, and Shimamura having the exact same feelings of cold-heartedness while wearing a facade over many things. Even if Taru manages to make her heart flutter, then is then, and now is now. The Alien Yashiro makes a small comeback, but I'd really want to know what's her purpose.

Seriously, Adachi needs to step up her game and be like the never-giving-up Taru. But then again, Shimamura's response will be cryptic at best.
Dec 11, 2020 5:21 AM

Nov 2019
After this episode, I'm seeing Shimamura in a different light, I wouldn't wanna be Shimamura's friend, Shimamura low-key sociopath

NagafujiHino pair better than main at this point smh
Dec 11, 2020 8:53 AM

Dec 2018
This have become so fucking tedious to watch IMO. Its more about other girls constantly getting between the lesbians then its a lesbian romance.God its pissing me off .I hope something will happens it the last episodes

This is the side lesbians show. Taeko instructed her girlfriend how she wants her to touch her breast.And they were hugging naked,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Dec 11, 2020 9:27 AM

May 2015
The awkwardness is killing me.

I feel bad for Adachi, she's so genuine despite being an introvert, I can imagine how it's difficult for her to always reach out to Shimamura while Shimamura doesn't make even a single step towards her. It was obvious she missed Adachi and waited for her, but why not show the interest herself once in a while? All those friendships, she just goes with the flow.
Dec 11, 2020 12:23 PM

Jul 2016
I feel a bit bad for Tarumi honestly. She's trying her best in recovering that long lost friendship with her childhood friend but it seems things will never be the same. Not to mention that as for now, she is only being used as a device for Shimamura to realize how much Adachi's presence has affected her life.

This episode sure felt different considering the little screentime Adachi had in it. A bit more colorless but guess it was necessary in order to have all the focus being set on Shimamura and her lack of interest in trying to connect with others. I mean, she doesn't even consider Nagafuji and Hino that close as to decide to visit their class during school time.

As for Adachi, it was sad to see her distancing herself again but she has to understand Shimamura is not obliged to always stay with her and for that reason, I was super glad she decided to take the first step and reach out to Shimamura at the end.

P.S.: So... I guess the forced yuri moments between Nagafuji and Hino are just there to compensate for the lack of "action" in Adachi and Shimamura's relationship.
SouthRzVaDec 11, 2020 12:31 PM
Dec 11, 2020 1:48 PM

Sep 2018
lot of moments here had me scratching my head and grimacing. but still an enjoyable episode. i want to say that shima makes a lot more sense since i started reading the light novels recently, and while i havent gotten to this chapter yet, this episode might seem kind of weird but i see it as them making room for shima to have introspection where they usually wouldn't be able to fit it in.

Taru is so extra and adachi is back to her old ways before the big shut up at the end. i love hinofuji as well as the cute and warm-hearted side couple, this time it was kind of fan servicey and im not one for that usually, but cmon i just like seeing these two.

was it just me though or does the school look all different, looks like theres a step up in quality almost?
Dec 11, 2020 2:09 PM

Apr 2018
Damn what Shimamura said about herself and how she is a cold-hearted person is somewhat relatable.

I'm glad to see that Adachi actually comes back, third times the charm.
Dec 11, 2020 2:44 PM

Oct 2018
I understand that Taru wants to be friends with Shimamura again, but the way she wants to achieve it is really forced
Dec 11, 2020 4:51 PM
Oct 2020
Im not sure if its just me but i find this episode to be really infuriating. Adachi was completely neglected but shimamura did nothing for it unlike what she always do when she knows adachi had problems. Its really disappointing. I just hope the next ep makes up for it.
Dec 11, 2020 6:21 PM

Jul 2012
I don't understand why interactions are so weird and awkward in this show.

I think Shimamura's coldheartedness is too much. I can understand her being cold and not interested in relationships with people she doesn't know or are distant, but with Adachi? Really?.
When those new classmates approached her to invite her to have lunch she could have said she already had plans (if she didn't want to go) or tell them that she will bring her friend... She did neither. And not only that, she realized there was something wrong with Adachi, to the point of stopping going to school, and she didn't bother to at least call her to see if she was okay. That's a "yikes" from me.
Dec 11, 2020 7:33 PM
Oct 2015
I really like Shimamura new hair color it looks really good on her, she is very cute.
Dec 11, 2020 9:12 PM

Oct 2016
Fantastic episode, Shimamura is definitely relatable in that relationships are fleeting and strong relationships that last a lifetime is rare. I hope that is Adachi for her. Despite being an amazing Shimamura episode, not enough Adachi this episode, I am d e p r e s s e d lmao. Though I guess her, happiness when she found out Shimamura was still her classmate more than makes up for it.

Whoa, looks like Adachi and Tarumi will bump into each other oh boy.
Dec 12, 2020 8:59 AM

Sep 2017
Weird seeing Shimamura with a different hair color. Also I'm no hair dye expert but I'm pretty sure you can't go from having roots in February to natural color in April... Unless she dyed it in her "original" color. Whatever, it doesn't matter lol.
Dec 14, 2020 4:13 PM

Dec 2016
Adachi x Shima relationship in the nutshell

and there is Hino x Nagafuji
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 14, 2020 11:41 PM

Sep 2016
Two more episodes...this will end randomly at a too early point :S
bruh
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2020

113 by ChibiiBunii »»
Apr 18, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2020

132 by Phixiately »»
Feb 27, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2020

76 by Phixiately »»
Feb 1, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2020

78 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 8, 2023 5:21 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

74 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 8, 2023 3:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.