Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 1, 2020 1:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Langris guy has an ego but we do see him showing off his abilities, which itself is impressive. On the other hand, there's Yuno who managed to hold him off.

On the other hand, it's amusing to see more of Black Bulls shenanigans again when they're not on missions.

Dec 1, 2020 5:19 AM

Jun 2020
I don't know if this allowed to post here, but what chapter was this episode? I really want to read the manga while watching the anime weekly.
ayo
Dec 1, 2020 5:25 AM
Apr 2020
Whoa! Yuno is now a vice captain! Spirit's Hushed Dance and the afterimage technique are both cool! Yuno outsmarted Langris!

Heart Kingdom training arc is coming! Looks like Charmy is intrigued ang will try to hitch. lmao

Dec 1, 2020 5:38 AM

Jul 2019
NotKakeruu said:
I don't know if this allowed to post here, but what chapter was this episode? I really want to read the manga while watching the anime weekly.
This is filler arc. Manga Adaptations stopped in Chapter 228(or 229) if i remember correctly.
Dec 1, 2020 7:07 AM

Jan 2014
Really liked how they handled Langris in this ep. Seemed like he's gonna find himself and grow stronger instead of being stuck in his past mindset. Great stuff.
Dec 1, 2020 7:24 AM
Sep 2015
Why I couldn't find this thread 3 hours ago?

Anyway, I can't believe we're not even in the training arc yet, just how many original episodes have we watched? Not that I complain though...
Dec 1, 2020 7:53 AM

Aug 2013
Yay!, Petit Clover is back.

Langris vs Yuno was pretty cool.

Charmy is interested in the Heart Kingdom's juice.

Dec 1, 2020 8:53 AM

Nov 2019
Looks like that girl is just a property for Langris, then again the stupid girl let's herself become a property, I'm calling it, Langris will die, he gonna pull a Neji to save the stupid girl, and Yami's uber's son's name will be the sequel's title
Dec 1, 2020 9:42 AM

Feb 2019
Grontan said:
NotKakeruu said:
This is filler arc. Manga Adaptations stopped in Chapter 228(or 229) if i remember correctly.

It’s tabata supervised filler though so these are canon to the story. (Not just talking to you, but to anyone reading)
Dec 1, 2020 9:45 AM

Feb 2019
I really liked this episode. It’s nice to see how much Langris has grown in the past year. His interactions with everyone, particularly his brother with small details like “nii-San” are much better. He’s even started realising his feelings for finnes. Hope he finds himself
Dec 1, 2020 10:55 AM

Jul 2013
Well, that explains why Langris left in the manga
Langris vs Yuno fight was decent, even if Langris wasn't at 100% in the beginning.

Finally, the training at Heart Kingdom will begin next episode. I hope they flesh out the Spirit Guardians a bit at least.
Dec 1, 2020 11:08 AM

Jun 2015
Cheeky little episode. Yuno read the situation like a pro. Even Langris had a deep character expansion out of it given such a short time and everything that had happened with the elf arc. Making excellent use of the wider cast of characters to bring home how much some people internally are suffering from that experience.

Epic as always. Bring it on!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 1, 2020 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
So the reason Langris wanted to leave was because he wanted to go on a jounrney. Never really liked the fellow so I don't mind that he's leaving.

It was funny seeing Asta and Noelle eating a shit ton of food from Charmy. Charmy is honestly just a really cute character. I'm inferring she's going to crash the training camp after hearing about the Mana juice.

TRAINING ARC!! We love those.
Dec 1, 2020 1:33 PM

Dec 2016
Marinate1016 said:
Grontan said:

It’s tabata supervised filler though so these are canon to the story. (Not just talking to you, but to anyone reading)

Like it wasn't coincidence that Sekke manga reveal in recent chapter correlated with previous anime episode. Tabata definitely planned this.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 1, 2020 1:37 PM

Mar 2020
Langris has really changed, and will probably change even more on his journey. From the preview, it seems that training begins in the next episode.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Dec 1, 2020 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
the fight of yuno vs Langris was really cool, but in spite of the fact that Langris didn't show all his power and the battle of the spade kingdom is approaching.

Dec 1, 2020 2:58 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Creating after images now heh?
Magna sticking in made no sense.
Dec 1, 2020 3:34 PM

Apr 2015
Langris vs Yuno was alright, Langris made good some good changes, but still don't like the guy. Hopefully he's able to change even more during his journey!
Dec 1, 2020 4:35 PM

Mar 2016
Langris is now not the Vice Captain anymore. Congrats on becoming VC, Yuno. That fight was well animated. As for Charmy, you're hitching, ain't ya?
Dec 1, 2020 4:38 PM

Mar 2016
YggdraSEED said:
Looks like that girl is just a property for Langris, then again the stupid girl let's herself become a property, I'm calling it, Langris will die, he gonna pull a Neji to save the stupid girl, and Yami's uber's son's name will be the sequel's title
This ain't Naruto, so chill.
Dec 1, 2020 5:39 PM

Jul 2013
Well things quickly developed for Yuno in the past couple episodes. The fight between him and Langris was nice to watch and I also think if Langris fought serious from the beginning it could have ended different.

At least now he's getting the time to find himself and hopefully comes back stronger than ever before. His character changed so much compared to the past.

I wonder what Astas reaction will look like if he hears that Yuno became the new vice captian of the Golden Dawn.

Next episode we finally will get the long awaited training with the spirit guardians. I'm hyped.

Dec 1, 2020 8:16 PM
Aug 2017
Bro I mean Langris ability seems OP af, proly one of the strongest abilities out there. SHEEEEEEEESH

TRAINING ARC LETS GOOOOO
Dec 1, 2020 8:43 PM
Councilor

Apr 2017
I enjoyed this episode a lot. I wish they would do more storylines with Yuno, Golden Dawn, and his missions. Their entire squad this episode was just laying around playing games. They don't have work? Show me more of what they do!

In my opinion, they focus way too much on Asta and the Black Bulls. I'd rather watch Yuno go on secret missions than watching Asta play hide and seek with huge hounds.

Another point, which has to do with the series in general. Only about couple squads actually have lots of members (or ones that they at least show off). Black Bulls, Golden Dawn, Blue Rose, Crimson Lions, and Purple Orcas. The other squads have 1-2 people that are just thrown in the rest, it doesn't feel equal.

Captains nominating themselves to be apart of the special training? Isn't this supposed to allow your squad to grow stronger? Why are you nominating yourself? They should introduce more characters from all squads instead of relying on Captains. They have the perfect opportunity, a couple episodes ago, the Magic Knight selection took place. Let's see it!
Dec 1, 2020 8:44 PM

Oct 2017
Yuno vs Langris battle was pretty cool.
Dec 1, 2020 9:54 PM

Aug 2019
That battle was nice against Yuno and Langris.
Dec 2, 2020 1:43 AM

Feb 2013
Langris was cool this time, I like how he changed.
Dec 2, 2020 2:13 AM
Sep 2019
I don't know about how most people felt about the fight between Langris and Yuno but I absolutely enjoyed the fight, I wouldn't mind seeing more episodes on the Golden Dawn.
Dec 2, 2020 4:31 AM
Oct 2019
Langris vs Yuno...
Great Fight, Great Sakuga Animation 🔥

Petit Clover is back, that one was pretty funny 😄

Next week The real Training Arc begin...
davidyodo24Dec 2, 2020 4:34 AM
Dec 2, 2020 4:34 AM
Oct 2019
YggdraSEED said:

LMAO maybe you are right...
Dec 2, 2020 4:58 AM

Jul 2017
Vice Captain Langris sure likes to pick a fight over everything, from his pride as the Golden Dawn's vice cap (on his way out with the position at stake) to the ego (between his brother Finral). Still don't like his "noble" excessive behaviour though.

A good deal and chunk of change of focus on the Golden Dawn, especially Langris and Yuno's sparring. Obviously, cutting to the chase is Yuno's forte, and the difference is stated in power and seriousness.

But still, Langris's change of heart is but only the first step in his individual journey, not just to Captain William, but also to both Finnes and Finral. That's improvement if you ask me (and same with the invisible Gordon as well).

Overall, still awaiting the moment where the manga can continue the adaptation into anime form.
Dec 2, 2020 8:56 PM

Oct 2008
badass clash between Yuno vs Langris!
nice Magna was able to join the training on Heart Kingdom!
5/5!

Dec 3, 2020 3:33 AM
May 2020
The latest episode was mundane however, i do understand the fact that this was in anticipation for the for spade kingdom arc which will be coming shortly. Langris is seen to become an interesting character. Later on as his "redemption" is deffo gonna be foreshadowing how he's going to become more OP. As black clover is character development as a source for someone to become a better mage.
Dec 5, 2020 12:17 PM

Apr 2020
NotKakeruu said:
The last adapted chapter was 228 but the current "filler" arc is directed by Tabata himself and therefore canon...some characters and various plotlines that happened in the manga are being established in this current anime-canon arc tho

davidyodo24 said:
YggdraSEED said:

LMAO maybe you are right...
I interpreted that thing he said at the end that: 1.he said that to encourage his brother to keep going trying to be the best man he could be, through making getting the girl a competition which in fact isn't one. and/or 2.he also became sort of jealous seeing them both happy with eachother and valueing the other, which he himself couldn't (treating her like property in the past, but now realizing her worth, which you can see by him being jealous of his brother for being the better person & being the one able to pull the girl), which is also part of the reason for his journey (finding himself).

Eoussama said:
Creating after images now heh?
Magna sticking in made no sense.
If you mean that he can come with the others to the HK, then it still makes sense with the manga, since
this was actually already shown in the preview for next week's episode...

ZdloraH said:
Bro I mean Langris ability seems OP af, proly one of the strongest abilities out there. SHEEEEEEEESH

TRAINING ARC LETS GOOOOO
Ik lol...but did you ever hear about that one boi that has the ability of anti-magic in a world based on magic? hehe

-Chad- said:
I enjoyed this episode a lot. I wish they would do more storylines with Yuno, Golden Dawn, and his missions. Their entire squad this episode was just laying around playing games. They don't have work? Show me more of what they do!

In my opinion, they focus way too much on Asta and the Black Bulls. I'd rather watch Yuno go on secret missions than watching Asta play hide and seek with huge hounds.

Another point, which has to do with the series in general. Only about couple squads actually have lots of members (or ones that they at least show off). Black Bulls, Golden Dawn, Blue Rose, Crimson Lions, and Purple Orcas. The other squads have 1-2 people that are just thrown in the rest, it doesn't feel equal.

Captains nominating themselves to be apart of the special training? Isn't this supposed to allow your squad to grow stronger? Why are you nominating yourself? They should introduce more characters from all squads instead of relying on Captains. They have the perfect opportunity, a couple episodes ago, the Magic Knight selection took place. Let's see it!
1.Yeah the Golden Dawn laying there was plot convience since it was needed that they all could watch Langris' fight but it still doesn't mean they don't train...we just saw an excerpt of them not training and they can't train 24/7...it could have also been a break after a training lol
2.At the end of the day this is still fillerish anime-canon that establishes future manga content and the production value for totally new plot threads isn't there...even though we even had one – the Devil Believers arc
3.Tbh, I feel like I'm not the only one, but one of the strengths of BC is how many (especially female) characters are developed...we already have a very wide-ranged cast and imo having too many characters could hurt the series by trying too much at one time (Black Bulls are solely 10+ chars tho)...
asapabriDec 5, 2020 12:29 PM

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Dec 5, 2020 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
Quite the sexy animation in this one.

Poor Gordon they didn't even notice him lmao.
Dec 5, 2020 12:24 PM
Dec 2020
Yami should turn gay for Asta no cap they have spent so much time together and seem like a good couple and it would be so romantic.
Dec 5, 2020 12:31 PM

Apr 2020
Droopy_0 said:
Yami should turn gay for Asta no cap they have spent so much time together and seem like a good couple and it would be so romantic.
This comment got me rolling and iont even know why lmfaoo
asapabriDec 5, 2020 1:24 PM

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Dec 5, 2020 1:14 PM

May 2014
Black Clover episode "fillers" always don't disappoint. Such great dialogue and occasionally stellar animation.

So much better than Boruto (unfortunately).

Dec 24, 2020 8:06 PM

Aug 2015
That was a great fight even though Lnagris wasn't taking it seriously from the beginning. I wonder if he will go back to being a member of the Golden Dawns.

The petite clover episodes are back, lol.
Jan 20, 2021 1:31 PM

Mar 2019
I don't understand if this is a filler or not. Langris leaving is a very important thing and I hope he won't leave for ever. I doubt he will, but damn this took a turn. Onto the triaining!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 21, 2021 4:25 AM

May 2020
Damn Langris really leave at the time like this hope can see he in action soon

🅳🅴🅻🅸🆅🅴🆁🅸🅴🆂

“Spring will be here soon.
Spring, the season I met you, is coming.
A spring without you...
...is coming.”
― Kosei Arima

Apr 9, 2021 9:52 PM
Oct 2019
back to back killer filler episodes

langris being a changed man is too unbelievable for me still. i don't quite buy it. same for nozel actually caring about noelle and only being awful to her in order to protect her. puh-lease

wonder what langris is searching for? self-forgiveness?
May 4, 2021 10:50 AM

Mar 2016
That was a decent fight between Langris and Yuno, but not all too exciting. Welp, at least the filler seems to have come to an end. Finally...
Jun 1, 2021 2:15 PM
Jan 2021
Honestly I've been looking forward to Asta's new training. I want to know what he'll learn as a result of it and I an loving the development that Langris Vaude is showing, trying to resign from the Golden Dawn in the most noble way possible. Even so, he is still a member of the squad as William Vangeance confirmed. And now he might be having a rivalry with Finral over who will have Lady Finnis' heart? This is getting exciting.
Jun 12, 2021 11:28 PM

Mar 2014
Langris is still proud, but he's really gone in a good direction after his massive ego check
Jun 24, 2021 6:22 AM

Jun 2020
Seems Langris wants to fight Yuno now that they're on equal rank

Langris seems to be holding back at first and then gives it all after that little simple annoyance coming from Yuno but glad that he changed though from being an all-out horrifying form he had from that tournament to being just a scary guy but has powerful spells

Seems Yuno won but is he taking over as the vice-captain maybe, And off goes Langris to who knows where well good luck out there.
Jul 22, 2021 10:05 PM

Aug 2018
Shitty filler about a shiity character: Langris

Aug 7, 2021 7:01 AM

Mar 2015
Lol good riddance to Langris now!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 16, 2021 6:20 AM

Jul 2015
Some nice growth of Langris and also a short yet cool fight against Yuno. Seeing Charmy's reaction on hearing about Heart kingdom's food, she's 100% going to tag along.

Mar 7, 2022 6:29 AM
Jul 2018
The fight between Yuno & Langris was short but sweet, so he left the Team & House to get more powerful.
And next episode they are traveling to Heart Kingdom!
Jun 23, 2022 3:40 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Langris has the potential to be the most well-written character of the whole series, and this episode could've been able to hit harder than it did. I just don't exactly buy his intentions for leaving; a prodigy showed up and stole his thunder so now he go bye bye? And I don't like how he straight up admits that he planned to leave all along when Yuno starts questioning him. I think a better way of handling his character to make us more sympathetic of him would for him to remain silent, and only open up to Vangeance before leaving the premises and starting his journey, wherever that may take him. Because for his character to grow, he would have to become more humble. Him stating that he wanted to lose all this time with intentions to leave doesn't quite strike the tone of being humble if you ask me.

Don't mean to get to into it, and don't get me wrong, I really quite enjoyed this episode. I just think it could've gone a bit further.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 144 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2020

35 by Vindicater »»
Today, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2020

49 by Vindicater »»
Today, 3:49 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 142 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

71 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 141 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2020

75 by Vindicater »»
Apr 23, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 140 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2020

50 by Vindicater »»
Apr 23, 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.