Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 27, 2020 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yup, this is heading into a climax soon. The Fire Brigades needs to save Tokyo Empire while the White Clad wants to destroy them.

It seems every character has a role in this arc in some way or another. Giovanni in particular poses a serious threat. The reality is that no matter what happens, their world needs heroes like the Fire Brigades. There's only 2 episodes left so hopefully, this season will make a big impact for the final episodes. Arthur's scenes were pretty amusing this episode lol
Nov 27, 2020 10:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
What a tense episode, the amount of action was just perfect, and it ended good for Maki, it's really some good news for her, great episode.
Nov 27, 2020 10:24 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Pretty good episode guess they finally got the pacing handled.
Nov 27, 2020 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
Shinra and Arthur's double-team against the insect-infested Dr. Giovanni, and the impending sinking of Tokyo, what a plan of the Evangelist to utilize the whole city into another Amaterasu. AND SHO IS JUST A PUPPET for a Pillar. Of course...how could he have survived the Infernals attack intact.

So all this while, Shinra's Adolla Links were all just mimicrys of the big plan, and Licht's infodump is pretty spot-on with the White-Clads attempting a "volcano"-like nuclear damage.

At the most opportune time where the Fire Force needs Maki, and she's back against her brother's whims (thank God for her character play). Companies 2 and 8 really have to "fight fire with fire" in the disadvantage of the Nether's geography and Ritsu of the White Clads with 2nd Gen Pyrokinetic Maki Oze alone, and lucky hell the plan was halted.

HAHA WTF ARTHUR, with your non-self, you've achieved Nirvana. TOTAL LOLS. Even though it's a shame that Dr. Giovanni got away, that was one hell of speed. You're a natural-born joker, and we love you for it for scenes like these that surprise the heck outta us.

Most importantly though, is Maki's reason why she is part of the Fire Force, and her redemption for the insanity of the risk job. Papa Oze, you can care lesser about your precious daughter, and she is truly a well-endowed Gorilla Cyclops.

The Nether arc is done, but with 2 episodes remaining, how will David Pro stick the landing is my only concern for now.
Nov 27, 2020 10:32 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode.

The White Clad almost succeeded in destroying Tokyo Empire. Maki being there was great. Her ability saved everyone.

That bastard Giovanni managed to escape. Arthur's scenes were hilarious.

Juggernaut is alive which is a relief tho his life as a member of fire force is over.

Nov 27, 2020 10:33 AM
Oct 2016
Great end to this second nether arc. Maki finally back with company 8! She made her grand return in the episode. Using her specific abilities along with that gorilla Cyclops strength to stop the massive explosion the White Clad had cooked up. Loved seeing Maki come back and set her big bro right. Basically saying how his dumb sheltering of her and not thinking Maki should be there cause she's a woman didn't make any sense. They could at least work together here at the end. Maki does have immense strength within her that of course we've seen numerous times but now her brother has finally seen himself. Their parents too could reconcile with letting their daughter use that strength even if in their eyes she's the little princess.

Shinra and Arthur fighting Giovanni was awesome. Got some nice tidbits of info from the bug eyed creep. Saying how only those who've seen adolla or whom have had an adolla link could speak to each other through there. Shinra thinking back to the Asakusa arc in Season one with Konro speaking to him through the link. Konro could not be as he seems. Arthur having his mind so blank when he slashed Giovanni was too funny. Arthur is always a goof but here he goofed good. I'm happy things are back to normal with company 8, the losses in the nether would've been much higher without them helping company 2.
Nov 27, 2020 10:40 AM
Sep 2015
How can I never think about Konro being a pillar before?

It makes a perfect sense because his husband Benimaru will instantly become his protector/guardian. Benimaru would definitely be the strongest protector/guardian.

It's already stated that Special Fire Force Company 8 is Shinra's protector, but when you think individually it has to be Arthur? I mean the legend of Arthur is all about protecting something anyway, that'd fit his knight roleplay, no matter how much Arthur hate Shinra.
Nov 27, 2020 10:40 AM

Feb 2019
Fire Force really got 46 straight 10/10s and still doesn’t get the respect it deserves. I’m sick of it, smh.

Another awesome episode, Arthur taking out Giovanni was sick and Maki’s moment with her brother was great. Nether arc over, now shit’s about to really get going.
Nov 27, 2020 11:01 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
Pretty good episode I am glad Maki came back to the team :)
Can't wait to see more! Only 2 episodes away from the season ending
Nov 27, 2020 11:17 AM

Oct 2017
Haumea needs mental treatment.
Nov 27, 2020 11:25 AM

May 2018
Arthur really just Gomu Gomu no Boh'd Dr. Giovanni.
Nov 27, 2020 12:07 PM

Aug 2020
I love how Maki came back, she's my fave

Also crazy Sinra and funny Arthur lol
Nov 27, 2020 12:13 PM
Aug 2020
Good episode, awesome animation of shinra and arthur vs giovanni, Maki san carried this episode with being the savior, hopefully the next two final episodes are a banger to end this great season
Nov 27, 2020 12:20 PM

Nov 2016
Loved this episode.

The development for Maki was touching and the part at the end had me grinning from ear to ear.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 27, 2020 1:04 PM
Nov 2019
It looks like Juggernaut survived after all. Well that makes me feel like an idiot posting "RIP Juggernaut" last week. Seems like next episode will be a Tamaki-focused one. Good to see Maki return, though I was expecting something a little more dramatic. And once again Arthur's stupidy saves the day.
Nov 27, 2020 1:20 PM

Sep 2019
Maki is back, the part where they led the flames to underground was good.
Nov 27, 2020 1:36 PM

Jun 2015
MAKIIIII! Damn that entrance. Reception just didnt suit her as a job roll and she just rolls on down into the nether to save everyones ass. Nice collab with her bro, both got a bit of purple eye while focusing there powers. And for all the wildness, the scene which stole it for me was Sister sitting under the desk after the flame dissipation. Kawaii!

P.S I do like how Arthur continues to be badass!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 27, 2020 2:15 PM

May 2020
I knew Maki was coming back and save the day, good episode in general
Nov 27, 2020 2:16 PM

Jul 2013
Giovanni is honestly hilarious. Love how he can transition from dead serious to histeric at any second. Still was no rival for Arthur, though he at least managed to escape alive thanks to his creepy bug modifications.

Maki showed her skills and got to save the day, returning to the 8th and showing her brother the place she truly belongs (though he still distrusts Hinawa lol). She also got a promotion... that was useless, but hey, it's something at least!

Poor Sho, being reduced to a mere doll of Haumea. Even more when you know this is the only scene he will get through this whole season, lol.

Ritsu this episode.

Juggernaut survived! But at the cost of an arm and a leg. At least he showed he was a true man. And it looks we will get a Tamaki centered episode next week
. If this ends at the point I think it will, we are gonna get a good season finale (that will be better if they announce a third season).
Nov 27, 2020 2:23 PM
Aug 2020
This was a pretty cool episode. There were some cool camera angles and I liked the little details they animated (Sho's eyes, Licht's sweat). Fire Force usually has good sound design, but this episode sounded extra cool. This arc was pretty good; I liked how it was extremely similar to the nether arc of the first season, but it still had a single character at the center of it. Also, there was characterization for some background characters. There were a few questions raised which I look forward to seeing answered.

Personally, I disliked the exposition in this episode, but it still felt logical. On the other hand, the soundtrack reused a few tracks which I felt did not fit. Also, the animation was pretty inconsistent. Some parts looked amazing, but other parts were just passable.

Certain questions that were raised seem to be getting answered next week, and it also seems like it will be a Tamaki-focused episode, which I feel is really needed.

Overall, I liked this episode and this arc in general. I can't wait to see how the season will conclude!
Nov 27, 2020 2:37 PM

May 2018
Well, Maki is back, but with only 2 more to go, will there be enough to get to the part where them white clad gets owned
Nov 27, 2020 3:23 PM

Jan 2020
In general, very good chapter, the explanation of litch cost me to understand it, but in practice the doubts were dissolved.

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Nov 27, 2020 3:25 PM

Apr 2013
So the White Clad tried to blow up the entire Nether before they captured Shinra? So much for protecting all the Pillars.
Hinawa trolling Maki's brother when he was turning back to him asking for help "I can't. I'm useless" lmao
Iris hiding below the table during the explosion was adorable
Next time Shinra is going to ask Konro about his Adolla connection and Tamaki is gonna try to become stronger, hopefully successful, about time. That scene from the preview though
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Nov 27, 2020 3:26 PM
Jul 2018
MAKI IS BACK!!

Glad that Juggernaut is still alive, though he is missing some limbs :(

Arthur never fails to impress me with his stupidity lol.

Only 2 more weeks left :( Time goes by way to fast man.
Nov 27, 2020 3:43 PM

Jun 2019
Shinra going berzerk against Giovanni was hype and Arthur was great this episode. I’m glad that whole Maki leaving the 8th thing is done, we all knew thatbwasn’t permanent. This season really is much better than the first one. It has become an anime that I look forward to every week.
Nov 27, 2020 3:52 PM

Jun 2014
This is why you don't try sidelining Maki, at the end of the day she's the one who pulled up and saved everyone's asses.

Nice to see Juggernaut is still alive. Arthur continues to amaze me with his idiocy lol. And it looks like Shinra will have some questions for Konro next time they see each other.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 27, 2020 4:26 PM

Jun 2020
Damn, this episode felt like it went by quick. Rage mode Shinra is a force to be reckoned with.
Nov 27, 2020 4:33 PM

Dec 2016
Maki is back!! I really missed her helping with the 8th ;-; She played such a important role here and saved everyone before being sent to the fishes. I am happy that Juggernaut is alive. Great episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 27, 2020 4:56 PM

Aug 2019
honestly I hope this gets a third season
Nov 27, 2020 5:07 PM
Apr 2020
Shou is so kawaii!

Funny Arthur. Welp, it's not new for him. It's the usual him, not thinking properly. lmao

Maki's scene is so cool! Awesome!

Two more episodes!

Nov 27, 2020 5:09 PM

Apr 2015
Giovanni is getting creepier with the episode.

Maki is back with the 8th. Much more suited for that Cyclops Gorilla!! She should never be underestimated as she managed to save everyone in the nether.

Juggernaut still alive, so glad for that. Now let the Tamaki x Juggernaut ship continue!
Nov 27, 2020 5:15 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode, that episode was very interesting.

Nov 27, 2020 5:32 PM

Jan 2009
Maki is back and Juggernaut is alive and next episode Tamaki on training to become stronger
Nov 27, 2020 5:43 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay, this episode had a lot of explanations. Especially with Giovanni and Shinra heavy chat that revealed some information: Like Giovanni told Sho's conditions that looked like very horrible due to Haumea electric state. Fuck those maniac! Then, the information about Evangelist that resided at the outside of their world, with the exact location was, Adolla. No kidding, Evangelist was an alien afterall. Meanwhile, its revealed how a mere human could be connect to the Adolla link without even need any blessing from the Evangelist to get the Adolla Burst. Meaning? Yeah, another enlightenment to stop the calamity, to reduced the usage of Amaterasu, to freed the Pillar inside those thing. Well, to get the right clue, Shinra, with all of the next episode duration, will be their way to solved the mystery of Giovanni explanations. Yeah, they will met with Konro, and Benimaru again!

Meanwhile, in the deep base of Nether, Maki came back! Yea, thats Maki Oze, that became a savior for the rest of the group. Once again, thanks to Licht experiments due to his big brain, that got save the whole Tokyo from a great extinction plans. However, to be honestly, i can't understand shit about those geothermal theory and such from him. Still, since its worked out, i can't blame much of it, for the sake of a good animation they had that affected my whole satisfaction.

What else? Arthur non-self attack? Giovanni succeeded to escape? Maki back to the 8th division, and everything back to normal again after her parents realized her will of fire? Juggernaut alive announcement at the end? Tamaki get a nice lifes speech from Captain Honda that she was actually a useful young souls? Well. Thats what happened for the rest of these episode that finally closed the joint investigation at Nether arc. Phew! Its a lot! 2 more episodes!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 27, 2020 6:17 PM

Oct 2016
Great episode and a great arc overall, I knew Hinawa was just testing Maki. I am glad Maki passed, she is very important to the 8th and now she probably has more conviction than ever.

Bruh, Haumea is fucked up poor Sho. Hopefully Arrow and Sho realizes the shit that is the evangelists. Shinra going ham on Giovanni was awesome as fuck, though Giovanni is fucking indestructible. Even Arthur in nirvana can't completely kill Giovanni.

Ritsu did not get her kaboom lmao. Maki and Takigi teamwork was great, it's good that Takigi finally sees Maki's value in the 8th. Better watch out though Takigi, Hinawa might invade your family in the future if you know what I mean.

Yes Juggernaut survived but, he probably will never be the same again. He can retire and farm potatoes in his home as he should. Looking forward to the next episode, Tamaki training episode let's go.
Nov 27, 2020 6:57 PM

Sep 2020
OMG! What a great episode!
Really loved it, glad they managed to pull it off.
OMG! I love Maki's character soooo much!!!
Looking forward to the next one! Pretty sure we'll get to a climax soon.

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Nov 27, 2020 9:58 PM

Jan 2013
Finally! 8th is back at full force, Maki is back! And better than ever, tbh it took longer than i expected.
FF as always keeping high quality when it comes to badass moments, that Maki scene was insane, love how it ended that she was the missing puzzle for that mini-arc.
Best girl!

Dr.Giovanni was kinda losing the fight, especially after that Arthur's random OP moment.

So the next episode is finally about Tamaki, can't wait! 2 more episodes to go! oh boy, it's getting insane as expected!!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 27, 2020 11:08 PM

Apr 2020
Still at the Nether. Arthur and Shinra is fighting the ever-unpredictable Giovanni. And the rest of the 8th are regrouping. Sho is dangerously in control by Haumea. And oh God, I dealt with Boku no Pico before, but he doesn't deserve that UHH. Shota levels are high here, folks.

Now one of my worries is that...is there PLOT CONVENIENCE now?!!!. Like I am impressed Licht figured out the White Clad plans to blow up Tokyo, but that came a hell outta nowhere for me. And hey Maki is back, with Vulcan's help, to control the fire from the explosion and save their asses from being fried in the Nether. Tagaki's connection and worry to her imouto is undeniable and his rivalry with Hinawa is nowhere ending.

Back to the frenemy duo. So Giovanni went crazy when he found out that he had an Adolla Link, I was for sure going to be shocked if he became the next pillar, but thankfully no. There's also Lt.Konro from the 7th that had a Link with Shinra before, so that is up for questioning. And with Arthur with that amusing NO-SELF NIRVANA straight up slashed Giovanni, that was a fun scene. But once again, Giovanni escaped with the help of the insects, as they will meet AGAIN.

Okay what more...wait it ended. WHAT? Welp...that's the end of the Nether arc. Our cast is back to the surface and to their normal lives and Juggernaut (after all that bloody fight) managed to stay alive, aww come on you don't have to tease us like that.

Now I thought this is going to progress until the 23rd, but somehow the Nether arc is over. Two more episodes left to end the season that went nowhere. And it seems like we're going to deal with Tamaki and Konro next week. Aww come on David, you better finish this good or else this 2nd season is going to waste for me.
Nov 28, 2020 1:50 AM

Jan 2019
Fantastic episode, good pacing, good action, we got new clues and lore --- but one thing people seem to completely look over is the absolute marvelous sound design this anime has, its absoluetly phenomenal. Example : The whole sequence of Shinra fighting Dr. Giovani, more specifically (04:58) is just amazing, it has so much impact and personality and such detail like (05:05) when Shinra kicks him, you can hear a very faint deep rumbling that is there to support the pure shockwave and power of the kick. Its a guilty pleasure just paying attention to the sounds in fights in this anime :D
Nov 28, 2020 3:19 AM
Apr 2018
- 15:15 "With Brother and Sister combining their abilities with geothermal laws over a long enough time, the Earth will cool off the flames for us!"
- 18:00 "Well, Brother? Do you understand the 8th's work a little better now?"
- 19:30 "Only those who have an Adolla Burst or have been connected to Adolla are capable of an Adolla link? Then Lieutenant KONRO..."

- ATHUR showed what he's good at.
- So, JUGGERNAUT survived. Congrats!

Nov 28, 2020 4:05 AM

Feb 2016
Boring anime man. Season 1 was good, season 2 stink so bad
Nov 28, 2020 5:16 AM

Apr 2020
giovanni's seiyuu work when he got out of control was great! and the shinra-arthur dynamic was hilarious but effective

so beautiful visuals when the Oze siblings disperse the fire, their violet eyes and the reflections of the flames. love the care for a good adaptation that this episode has >w<

Maki asking Hinawa to go back to the company was touching. and they all going back to the loud morning at the 8th its a great ending
Nov 28, 2020 7:39 AM
Apr 2019
Well we're still not yet at
. Looks like this will need another season.
Nov 28, 2020 9:18 AM

Dec 2016
Leo said:
Juggernaut is alive which is a relief tho his life as a member of fire force is over.

Never underestimate Potatoes!!!

AivanK said:

Best girl!

This but without subtitles please. :)
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Nov 28, 2020 10:10 AM

Dec 2013
Every member of the 8th got some spotlight on this arc and bonus Juggernaut, Maki is amazing and love her pyromancy, thankfully it seems next episode Tamaki will get a much needed and deserved training and hopefully a nice power up.

I may be wrong but Tamaki could also be an Adolla user right? since she managed to call for Shinra with a link when the crazy star eyes dude was about to kill her.
Nov 28, 2020 11:14 AM

May 2015
So... Konro will get adolla burst? With his condition? He can't use fire much.

Also, I want to see Maki's mom power. SHE NEEDS TO BE OP. :D
FrozenRaiderNov 28, 2020 11:17 AM
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 28, 2020 11:52 AM

Mar 2017
That scene where Maki saved the whole empire herself was too awesome and the opening fight scenes were sick; Shinra went wild when Giovanni mentioned Sho. I can't believe Arthur managed to cut him in half by channeling his idiocy to the max hahaha 😂

Speaking of Sho; can someone please kill Haumea in a really painful way please? I fucking hate and now that she's messing with Sho when he's not even conscious... I wanna kill her.
Nov 28, 2020 12:32 PM

May 2018
Nirvana Arthur is pretty cool ngl

and somehow the potato survived lol. Just kill off your characters already like in AoT xD
Nov 28, 2020 2:37 PM

Nov 2017
Magnificent episode and an excellent Maki to stop the explosion!
Nov 28, 2020 2:51 PM

Mar 2020
Dr. Giovanni is a difficult opponent to deal with, even if he is hit he gets up as if nothing has happened. The scene of the explosion of the infernals was tense but thanks to Maki, the firefighters were able to handle the fire. Fortunately Maki returned to the eighth brigade and Juggernaut managed to survive.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

_MushiRock11_ - Jul 3, 2020

138 by SpikeVann »»
Apr 4, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

84 by 5hadow17 »»
Mar 15, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2020

92 by Scootboi »»
Mar 7, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

161 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

76 by muimaniac »»
Jan 13, 10:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.