Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2020 9:09 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Saw the preair today.
https://twitter.com/watch_UNEXT_A/status/1309719347120742400

Within the first three minutes, we already have the princess worrying about her little pillow. It's a pretty cute show so far including the comical moments of princess wielding those big scissors. Seems a lot of characters were introduced already but the princess is the main spotlight. Of course she end up getting her beauty sleep, a gimmick that I expect to see a lot in this anime for rest of the episodes.

Adorable episode!

Stark700Sep 26, 2020 9:16 AM
Sep 27, 2020 6:25 AM

Dec 2014
Poor Maou couldn't talk to Princess ever since she came. All character is cute, liked it. Overall pretty good episode, expect more from the anime since i really liked this series!
Sep 27, 2020 12:14 PM
Nov 2015
Please God don't make this anime underated.

This is the comedy anime wee needed in this pandemic years.

All hail the evil dangerous princess.
Sep 27, 2020 9:28 PM

Feb 2010
wait it's out?! where?!
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 28, 2020 4:36 AM

May 2020
is the narator voice hayamin saori?

Sep 28, 2020 10:40 PM
Jul 2018
I don't really like it, I know the genre is comedy, but I'm not entertained at all, so when I watch it until I get bored myself, but I still appreciate this anime, this is my opinion.
Sep 29, 2020 11:45 AM
Nov 2015
Episode 1 release.

MAL : I pretend didn't see that.
Oct 4, 2020 8:29 PM

Aug 2019
So the main team of Nozaki-kun back and bring this series to life. Count me in
Oct 5, 2020 11:33 AM
Oct 2016
Here with one of the two Doga Kobo shows of the Fall. This one being more of their usual bag than the other tomorrow will be. Had a bucket of laughs with this premiere. Princess Syalis is hilarious completing her many quests around the demon castle. Each one getting crazier as she vows to have peaceful sleep. Loved all of quests she went on. The demons around that castle are more afraid of her than she is of them. In fact she doesn't seem concerned with much if anything other than good sleep. Have to see Syalis ingenuity and quick thinking is commendable. She's truly a smart girl hair uses her brain power for sleep. The little bears being terrified of her about rip them open, glad that didn't happen and she just figured to brush them in exchange for the key instead. Using the diamond demon to break that wind gust magic item off the priceless shield. Just as the Demon King was talking about how useful it would be against the Hero and his party. Which is funny too because Syalis home kingdom is worried sick about her but she's carefree as can be at the castle other than worrying about sleep. Cutting that cloak demon with the scissors, using the Cleric horns to smooth the coffin wood, this girl is something else I swear. Feel like I'm really gonna love this show as a sweet shenanigans comedy. The cast is great with Syalis played by Inori Minase, the Demon King by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, the Demon Cleric by Kaito Ishikawa, and the Hero by Hiro Shimono. So this will be a fun time weekly.
Oct 5, 2020 11:33 AM

Feb 2019
Cute first episode, kinda feels like the Iruma Kun of this season. Not much else to comment on other than how adorable hime is, but it’s a fluffy and relaxing watch. Nice way to start the week.
Oct 5, 2020 11:40 AM

May 2020
The first episode was so cute. I am looking forward to how the story progresses. I wonder if the demon king will actually talk to hime
Oct 5, 2020 11:55 AM

Aug 2013
Hahaha the Princess terrorised the demon castle with that huge scissors. She just wants to sleep in peace.

Great first episode. I know I'm going to enjoy this one a lot.

Oct 5, 2020 12:02 PM

Jul 2015
It was ok, but I can see it turning too repetitive for a full lenght episode.

Oct 5, 2020 12:04 PM

Jan 2013
this is funnier than i thought itll be. Princess not giving Fs and tormenting pretty much the whole castle just so she can sleep comfortably is hilarious, who needs heroes lol

though the Quest gimmick can be tiring and repetitive if they keep doing it multiple times per ep
dannymilkOct 5, 2020 12:12 PM
Oct 5, 2020 12:07 PM

Jan 2014
At this rate I'm just gonna expect her to just walk out herself lol.
Oct 5, 2020 12:08 PM

Dec 2019
This show had me chuckling out loud a few times, it has great humor. Am also impressed with how the animation makes everything look soft and cute. I am a bit worried this is going to become repetitive.

Overall first episode was very adorable, I actually want to take a nap now.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Oct 5, 2020 12:26 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh ok so it's an anime for kids xD lol reminds me of Mewkledreamy... not bad for a kid anime
Oct 5, 2020 12:28 PM

Sep 2019
The things I would give to watch her sleeping irl. SHE’S SO CUTE.
Oct 5, 2020 12:34 PM

Jul 2015
Obvious "Clock Tower" reference with those scissors. Even sound que was the same.
Pretty nice detail.
Awesome anime. This season is filled with nice surprises.

Oct 5, 2020 12:58 PM

Mar 2018
Damn, Doga Kobo did this manga justice. Stellar production. Also the comedy is fucking great. Even if it is one of those "one joke" anime, the comedy so far hits hard and it will be interesting how this anime will handle its comedy in the future.

I am completely on board with this series and I hope the rest of the anime community is too.
Oct 5, 2020 1:00 PM

Nov 2016
Princess with her antics, lol, so amusing. But I honestly wanted her to "kill" the bears.

Nice start. Cute, relaxing and while there's nothing really innovative, with the setting and how the elements work as a whole, it felt refreshing to me.(fluffiness reminds me a bit of Miss Beelzebub) Doga Kobo is delivering again. Looking forward to see if the next episodes will switch things up.

Ashhk said:
Oh ok so it's an anime for kids xD lol reminds me of Mewkledreamy... not bad for a kid anime

Airs at 2AM, the poor kids xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 5, 2020 1:02 PM

Jul 2017
This is such a Doga Kobo anime.

I feel sleepy after this episode, in a good way. The show feels relaxing even if its not too entertaining, and the main character's sort of likable although I can easily see myself being bored by her in futhre episodes.

As a guy who rarely sleeps and has insomnia issues a lot, this episode was nice in making me feel a peace of mind and relax my brain a bit. But as an anime, it can easily suffer from being stale very quickly and just be boring. Not a terrible start but I see no shelf life with the show so far. Hopefully Doga Kobo can find a way to retain its charm for the rest of the anime airing.
Oct 5, 2020 1:02 PM
Oct 2013
Honestly the manga remains great for me even after 160+ chapters in.

The anime REALLY did the manga justice. I'm very happy with it. I was grinning ear to ear the whole time.

Mod edit: Added spoiler tags.
KuuroNov 6, 2020 2:50 AM
Oct 5, 2020 1:09 PM

Oct 2017
Wow, this was hilarious.

Ellenwitch said:
At this rate I'm just gonna expect her to just walk out herself lol.

... and then walk back inside, lol.
More likely for the demons to (quietly) throw her outside while she sleeps :P
Oct 5, 2020 1:27 PM

May 2018
Now that was an epic dungeon crawling session. Very unorthodox playing style.
All the pseudo RPG isekai trash titles got nothing against this.
Oct 5, 2020 1:32 PM

Mar 2020
Who knew the princess could be so cute and ruthless at the same time.

What a lovely episode of watching a cute girl put the demon castle in a panic attack. It was so satisfying to see her in a deep sleep. Wonder when Syalis won't be able to sleep anymore.

Not amazing but good start.
Oct 5, 2020 1:47 PM

Nov 2017
doga kobo keeps getting better every season

absolutely loved this one
Oct 5, 2020 1:52 PM

Jul 2014
Inori Minase's sleepy noises... What a time to be alive! She even sings the OP, what could be better?! Oh yeah, Saori Hayami as the narrator. What a combo! <3

What a cute and fun show, I really like it.
Oct 5, 2020 2:00 PM

Nov 2012
This kind of reminds me of the fairy tale The Princess and the Pea. Where the Princess gets like 20 mattress and still can't sleep and it turns out it's cause there was a pea in the very bottom mattress.

This show was cute I like it so far. Hope it novelty doesn't get old quick.

Oct 5, 2020 2:06 PM

Oct 2013
I have nothing else to say aside "it was frigging adorable".
Oct 5, 2020 2:24 PM
Aug 2018
Ashhk said:

It is definitely not a children’s anime, the princess constantly brutally murders citizens of the castle for her sleep
Oct 5, 2020 2:32 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
LoganMcClure21 said:
Ashhk said:

It is definitely not a children’s anime, the princess constantly brutally murders citizens of the castle for her sleep
XDD she even ends up in the magma
Oct 5, 2020 2:42 PM

Mar 2016
I can find myself enjoying these antics. The fact that this little devil of a princess could’ve escaped the whole time if she really wanted to is what makes it even funnier.

But I can agree with @animejas, this is a show that can easily bore you due to its rinse-repeat format.
Doga Kobo should stick to these kinds of shows and nothing else.....unlike that borefest “mature seinen” Sing Yesterday hibernation pill.
Oct 5, 2020 2:55 PM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
So glad this got adapted!X'3>

Tbh I had forgotten some of the antics from earlier in the series, so I was pretty surprised the princess already died in the first episode, lol~^^'>
Oct 5, 2020 2:59 PM

Aug 2012
Hahaha, i don't think the princess needs to be saved, she's destroying the demon castle from within. I like the OP, very catchy.
Oct 5, 2020 3:10 PM

Dec 2014
well the princess is really ruthless... I am actually a bit afraid of her
Oct 5, 2020 4:03 PM

Jan 2008
Ah that was a fun episode and actually leaving me with a smile on my face by the end. The coffin part was great. Happy to see her antics animated and voiced finally.
Oct 5, 2020 4:15 PM
Apr 2019
funny and cute show, very entertaining lol
Oct 5, 2020 4:20 PM

Jan 2015
Yesss my favorite comedy manga finally on screen

Can’t wait to see more of the princess
Oct 5, 2020 4:39 PM

Oct 2015
I have to say that this anine is pretty original and cute, but I'm wondering if it will be something more besides what we have seen here, because at the end it was getting boring and repetitive.

LOL, she really cut that living sheet, she is merciless, I thought she would forgive him after seeing what she did with the Teddy bears.
Oct 5, 2020 5:42 PM

Apr 2020
Man this is gonna be my remedy in stressful times. We have an adorable princess doing "questionable" schemes in order to get her goal inside the Demon Castle. Which in this episode is making a comfortable bedding!

Yep a slice of life I will take gladly. The princess don't need saving I think she'll do ReaLLY fine.
Oct 5, 2020 5:57 PM

Sep 2017
The princess is abducted but she is a psychopath loli
Oct 5, 2020 6:33 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh my, Matsuoka worked as the demon king and the hero was Shimono Hiro? And the sleepless princess was Minase Inori. Afterall, this is just the perfect combination among them, alongside with its absurd story telling and great theme to started out. Honestly, i thought this was some kind of a serious fantasy adventure demons versus human for the sake of saving the girl, like the others shit. But here i am, watching a cute little princess with one solid goal at her abducted lives: finding the best places and material to sleep. No shit with the others. XD

For me, i find this one was so unique with its premises, and quite entertaining me with a lot of hilarious moment among a cuteness of the princess. The jokes were punched well directed without any forced feeling. Its really natural. I guessed this is some kind of a relaxing show to stay on without even needed such a serious tone on it. Its success to held the theme pretty nicely with its direction and i just like these first episode.

Solid first episode to binged watch this till the end, as always.
badabassOct 5, 2020 6:43 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 5, 2020 6:48 PM

Dec 2010
This first episode was just Inorin doing cute things...

Love the cast though. It's the usual harem with Tsugu + Inorin + Ayaneru + Hiro Shimono lol

That announcer sounds familiar though. Not sure if it's Hayamin.
Oct 5, 2020 7:04 PM

Mar 2015
I really wish that had chosen another VA for the demon king. I swear Matsuoka is in atleast 1 show evey season and I'm so tired of his yelling/screaming voice.
Oct 5, 2020 7:09 PM

Apr 2019
great potential it holds. Would be interesting to see her just exploring the whole castle.

Oct 5, 2020 7:19 PM
Jun 2017
this series is just so CUTE!!!!

The visuals is so cute: especially the ED part

the story is so cute:

the character design is so cute!!! I love how cute those teddy demons are...

I WILL WATCH THIS ONE
Oct 5, 2020 7:22 PM

Sep 2020
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVED EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF THIS SHOW. EVERY. SINGLE. SECOND.

MY REM IS BACK <3 LUV U INOSE-CHAN! <3

C-'ham, ok.
I really liked the fact mostly things are written in hiragana/furigana. It'll help me a bit with my nihongo learning.

I'M SO HYPED OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
I NEED A NEW EPISODE NOW.
Oct 5, 2020 8:37 PM

Mar 2016
It's not what I expected (I wanted another senko-san or my roommate is a cat) but still is a comfy anime to end the first day of the week, definitely gonna keep my eye on this one.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Oct 5, 2020 9:02 PM

Jul 2017
Pretty fluffy experience for a first showing, and Inori Minase sure does a heck of a good job for Princess Syalis's VA. This "hero saves princess from demons" story setting is as typical, but what's not is the characters themselves. Come on, all the human Princess needs is some good ol' comfort of Zzzs.

Cutesy hilarical fluffiness is all I can describe of this fantasy "Iyashikei" comedy, and it's a good start. Have been hearing that this premiere episode does the manga justice, and it did an accurate adaptation, so definitely happy to hear that.

Bring me onboard, Doga Kobo. The 1st of 2 shows (with Ikebukuro West Gate Park coming later in the day), anticipating a lot this season.

FMmatron said:
Cute, relaxing and while there's nothing really innovative, with the setting and how the elements work as a whole, it felt refreshing to me.(fluffiness reminds me a bit of Miss Beelzebub)
Exactly the same feelings.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Possible second season?

tvabsurdist - Dec 17, 2020

43 by Seregosa »»
Apr 4, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Maoujou de Oyasumi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2020

156 by Ske80 »»
Feb 5, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Maoujou de Oyasumi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ashhk - Oct 12, 2020

79 by ReaperCreeper »»
Sep 28, 2023 11:20 PM

Poll: » Maoujou de Oyasumi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2020

94 by Lazen11410 »»
Aug 20, 2023 7:05 AM

Poll: » Maoujou de Oyasumi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2020

84 by Altadena »»
Aug 4, 2023 8:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.