Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 21, 2020 12:20 PM

Dec 2009
'Curious... what are your common/go-to moves that you use in your dreams when you're fighting or attempting to kill, whether lucid dreaming or not?

Last night I dreamt of being in a fight against 7 guys with one who stated they'd kill me for whatever reason (don't remember) and I think I had a cheesy movie-like response, or I think I told them I'd poke their eyes out while laughing confidently, but anyway.
I proceeded to kill them all ...mostly by poking their eyes out to finally escape, then wake up.

I think I've had this dream before. There are a few old dreams I've had 5-7+ times but anyway.
I don't dream as much as I was a teenager for some reason. Very rarely actually. As if adulthood and life without bullying is more peaceful and less stressful to an extent. No matter.

I don't remember exactly how I used to fight in my dreams but now I think I usually poke eyes out which I often think of or claim I'd do if I ever fought, even though I never had one fight in my life, lol.
... I recall choking in the past, but that never works. Ground and pounding on mount isn't very consistent either when they get back up... I don't think I've ever knocked anybody out in a dream, even though I remember one knock down.

Other than that I've performed the kamehameha once and failed it two times after when lucid dreaming. Web-swinged, flew a bunch of times with difficulty sometimes. I'm less conscious (lucid) of dreams than I was but usually when I'm having a nightmare I don't want to be part of anymore, I close my eyes and imagine I'm teleporting out and literally open my eyes a few seconds after to wake up.

... So, what's your go-to moves?
Sep 21, 2020 12:39 PM

Dec 2009
SargonTheGreat said:
I dont fight in my dreams and the only dream i've killed in is one where I hammered a bunch of nails into someones head in a grid shape.
Damn! Nice. I don't remember ever using a weapon in my dreams... maybe a bat or sword but... I don't recall anything.
Sep 21, 2020 12:44 PM
Jul 2018
I very rarely dream, but whenever I do, I more often "die" than "kill", for some reason.
Sep 21, 2020 12:57 PM

Jul 2016
Interesting... the "enemies" in my dreams usually seem too powerful... i always either run or die instantly

i do remember cases where i tried to fight, usually pick up an object to hit/throw

but everything is so weird in dreams, your "body" never works right lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2020 1:13 PM

Jan 2020
My words of course. If you consider it, changing the gravity like in VVVVVV, or since we're on an anime forum, Uravity from BNHA, or maybe Awatsuki from Railgun. Is that a weapon? I just choose not to use it. I would rather ask, "why," before being killed than fight back. A lot of my dreams end with me asking that.
Sep 21, 2020 1:29 PM
日野森雫

Apr 2019
i dont ever really fight nor kill in my dreams since i usually wake up before then.

✧ forum set by the amazing, yashika-chwan <3 ✧
Sep 21, 2020 1:36 PM

Jun 2019
I attended more than once to Aikido lectures in my dreams, but I must confess that otherwise, I am always the one who gets killed outside of the doujou...
Sep 21, 2020 1:37 PM

Apr 2020
Usually punches and kicks, but even if they connect and make them drop they stand back up like nothing happened.

I don't recall many violent dreams where I'm the one doing something. I'm just casually watching insane shit unfold or get killed.

But once I had a dream where Schiphol Airport turned into a CoD map, even some random area and parking garage in my city turned part of it. My teammates were Gon and Killua and we were fighting the Phantom Troupe and other weird figures. Boi I was running and flying all over the place, hand to hand combat, guns, magic explosions, stealing weapons of the opposite team, throwing civilians into enemies. Man that was a good dream.
Sep 21, 2020 8:55 PM
Dec 2019
I don't fight or kill. I simply run away from the assailant but to usually no avail because my running is pathetic, so I just end up dying or pretending to die
Sep 22, 2020 12:10 AM

May 2013
All sorts of ways. I had one a while ago where I stabbed a massive rat in the eye with a knife.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Sep 22, 2020 12:16 AM

Sep 2017
I mostly die than kill in my dreams.But damn getting killed in dreams is painful too.
I once dreamed that someone was cutting my throat with knife and when I woke up my throat hurt like hell
خ
Sep 22, 2020 2:32 PM

Dec 2009
Interesting but common that most die instead of killing. Most friends or acquaintances I've asked in the past never were successful in lucid dreaming. I don't think it's very common.

Indochina said:
My words of course. If you consider it, changing the gravity like in VVVVVV, or since we're on an anime forum, Uravity from BNHA, or maybe Awatsuki from Railgun. Is that a weapon? I just choose not to use it. I would rather ask, "why," before being killed than fight back. A lot of my dreams end with me asking that.
Fuck, that's awesome. I've never controlled the environment in a dream yet.

Kaasfondue said:
But once I had a dream where Schiphol Airport turned into a CoD map, even some random area and parking garage in my city turned part of it. My teammates were Gon and Killua and we were fighting the Phantom Troupe and other weird figures. Boi I was running and flying all over the place, hand to hand combat, guns, magic explosions, stealing weapons of the opposite team, throwing civilians into enemies. Man that was a good dream.
Haha, that sounds fun. I've had very few dreams with characters or celebs but I only recall at the moment one with Sakura and TenTen in the city, kinda dating.

oysterscallop said:
I don't fight or kill. I simply run away from the assailant but to usually no avail because my running is pathetic, so I just end up dying or pretending to die
Reminds me of dreams where I all of a sudden get stuck in slow-mo running away from people, until I consciously speed up time to move faster since I can't run away properly.

xMizu_ said:
All sorts of ways. I had one a while ago where I stabbed a massive rat in the eye with a knife.
Hahaha.

Fatephile said:
I mostly die than kill in my dreams.But damn getting killed in dreams is painful too.
I once dreamed that someone was cutting my throat with knife and when I woke up my throat hurt like hell
Shit... 'never had that brutal of a death. I usually get stabbed or bit in the neck, torso or arm when I'm attacked.

... Fascinating stories. Keep 'em coming!
Sep 22, 2020 4:08 PM
Jul 2018
Sometimes I get into a fight in my dream and actually kick out irl. I kicked my fiancée so many times that she insists I go for a sleep study to check that REM stuff. They checked me out but didn’t find anything wrong with me. Also once I started dabbling with CBD and THC I stopped kicking out in my sleep as a side effect. The healing power of marijuana ladies and gentlemen.
Sep 22, 2020 6:40 PM

Dec 2009
BannedAkko said:
Sometimes I get into a fight in my dream and actually kick out irl. I kicked my fiancée so many times that she insists I go for a sleep study to check that REM stuff. They checked me out but didn’t find anything wrong with me. Also once I started dabbling with CBD and THC I stopped kicking out in my sleep as a side effect. The healing power of marijuana ladies and gentlemen.
Damn... never had that kind of experience myself, but I have screamed out in a dream where my sister was annoying me in my dream and I yelled "Stop it!" lol.
Other than that, almost had tears in some crying dreams, or jolted from whatever scared me in a dream upon waking up but other than that... never jolted that hard to the point of kicking, haha.
Sep 22, 2020 6:51 PM

Jan 2009
i use kamehameha wave but the charging time is so long that i wake up most of the time before i can fire it /joke

i do not know since most of the times i do not remember my dreams but ye they are usually nightmares though and im mostly the one being killed
Sep 22, 2020 7:00 PM

Jun 2008
I want to lucid dream to FUCK not to fight...
Sep 22, 2020 7:06 PM

Dec 2012
Something akin to cannibalism, but not in any coherent manner.

My latest morbid dream was where I had to stop eternity from ending by injecting myself with the blood of the Infinity Dragon, ironically turning me into the Infinity Dragon that consumes all of time. And if you want to know what any of that means, you'll have to start praying to a higher power because that's all I got from 80 minutes of sleep.
Sep 22, 2020 7:15 PM

Oct 2017
I usually kill by strangling, though whenever I'm fighting it always involves endless loops, so there is never a disclosure. I'm never killed in a dream otherwise it becomes a nightmare.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Sep 22, 2020 7:17 PM

May 2016
I don't. most of my dreams are depressing since they are usually about high school. which I miss so much.
Sep 22, 2020 8:00 PM

Jan 2020
my signature move is the ineffective-1-mm-per-second-punch, which does an incredible zero damage

and it seems that whenever i'm going gung-ho on zombies with a ghetto blaster, the bullets have been sabotaged to hit everything but their intended target
Sep 22, 2020 9:54 PM

Jun 2020
I can't say I always die but I did fight someone with a frying pan once though.
Sep 22, 2020 10:01 PM

Jul 2020
most of my dreams involve running away or being unable to fight thinking about it
I guess in the ones when I do it's just me using weapons from video games, but they're 1000x worse and I either miss a lot, or they break

HYPED for Monster Hunter Rise! (wish March 26th would come sooner)

---------------------------------------------------------------

I regret to inform you I'm actually terrible at monster hunter lmao
Sep 22, 2020 10:22 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
I never fight in my dreams, but there are times when I end up killing someone in some ridiculous way (like for example, just playfully pushing him but he falls and breaks his neck for some reason). Then I immediately say to myself that I'm not going to jail for this asshole, and spend the rest of the dream getting rid of the evidence and running away from the police. That is just so stressful. Waking up and realizing it was all a dream is a great feeling.

Sep 22, 2020 10:30 PM

Jul 2015
I've had two separate dreams where I kill a person. Both via punching.
One was on a train where someone made me angry, so I punched them until they died. after which the dream became a chase sequence with police as soon as I went offboard.
The other dream was on a plane flight. Had argument with dude seated next to me and it turned into a brawl where I ground & pounded their head until they died.
Note: I used to do boxing in college, might explain why my dreamworld fight moves are uninspired.
Sep 22, 2020 10:32 PM

Dec 2009
--ALEX-- said:
I want to lucid dream to FUCK not to fight...
Man... I've rarely been successful at that, and unfortunately it only lasts a few seconds-- or I close my eyes and can't open them back--then I wake up...

but, usually whenever I (for some reason decide that I first have to find a private place to fuck (which wastes time, even though I'm mildly conscious that I'm dreaming)) after I finally drag a girl somewhere, my fucking pants and/or boxers get back on whenever I try to pull them down, lol.
...And then I wake up before anything happens or barely any sex happens.
Sep 23, 2020 12:34 AM
Jul 2020
How are ya'll suppose to remember, Like 70% of the shit you dreamt about is forgotten within 30 mins after waking up..
Sep 23, 2020 12:43 AM

Feb 2015
I once had a Heckler & Koch PSG1 and started doing jump shots while taking cover behind the crates. My opponents were also jumping...
Sep 23, 2020 1:31 AM

Jul 2015
kiwixcoke said:
How are ya'll suppose to remember, Like 70% of the shit you dreamt about is forgotten within 30 mins after waking up..

write it down immediately in a dream journal
Sep 23, 2020 1:35 AM

Jul 2016
I don't know if I've ever had a dream that involved me having to fight. I did have a dream about witnessing a bombing one time, but I spent most of it running away.
Sep 23, 2020 10:22 AM
Jul 2020
The dream that involved action are the dreams of me driving at high-speed and crashing, and running and jumping of a cliff after being chased by a bear.
Sep 23, 2020 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't fought or killed anyone in my dream yet
Usually I'm the one getting haunted by something or someone : )
Sep 23, 2020 6:46 PM

Dec 2015
My special dream warrior moves include the "bendy legs Stevan Seagal roundhouse kick" and the "my arms are jelly windmill spaghetti limb strike"
Both of which are certifiably deadly and mildly sexual in nature.
Sep 23, 2020 8:16 PM

Oct 2018
I have superhero powers or, you know like in the anime, I have special skills and stuff that I can do that no one else can.
I usually outsmart them or I run away. I also use guns and sharp objects to kill them bad guys.

Sep 23, 2020 8:42 PM

Nov 2009
I seem to be able to do a lot of flying or something akin to that. I’ve had quite a few Inception-esque dreams recently lol.
Sep 23, 2020 9:25 PM

Oct 2010
Interesting, I've been shot a lot in my dreams and didn't die but never used a gun. I use some random sticks and one time I fought with a nunchak, I have one irl. I rarely kill in dreams though.
Sep 25, 2020 5:47 PM

Dec 2009
So, who else is willing to share their interesting stories of fights in their dreams?
Sep 25, 2020 7:02 PM

Feb 2010
if it's in my dream i just thanos snap them out of my dream my world my rules.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 26, 2020 11:41 AM

Jan 2019
SuicideMaster_ said:
I very rarely dream, but whenever I do, I more often "die" than "kill", for some reason.

Makes sense since you're the SuicideMaster.
Sep 27, 2020 3:22 PM

Dec 2014
If i dreaming it's feels like 10-20 minutes of watching uncontrollable of myself doing some random activity

Most recent dream that i remember are about me started up in a building like a mall but i pretend to be a person that must escape from there. After walking past several places, just before the exit there is a scene like this. I enter in a room where already realized that upstair will make me killed and down stairs is the exit, in the end i took down stairs and casually walking pass all security camera.

When i reread the story above it is kind of ridiculous but it is all that i remember.
Sep 27, 2020 4:32 PM
Sep 2019
The last lucid dream I had was at least a decade ago...ever since, I haven't been able to get into a lucid dream state. Before I get into the dream - I used to play airsoft with some neighborhood friends and we were also really into action movies like the James Bond films. I have a feeling that this was a big influence in how my dream went:

First, I parachute from the sky and glide towards the top tower of a bridge in the distance. I'm not sure how I got up in the sky, but that's just the starting point of the dream. Since I was still high up in the sky I hadn't pulled my parachute yet. A bunch of random guys (maybe 2-3) dressed in all black and wearing motorcycle helmets were chasing me. They were also gliding towards my direction. I didn't mind them until they started to grab ahold of me. They didn't want me to head towards the bridge or land safely (at least this is what I thought at the time - I didn't know if they meant harm or was bad), so I started fighting back. I was unarmed, but at least one of the pursuers brought out a knife.

Luckily, falling through the sky made things difficult for the knife wielder to kill me and I was able to land some solid kicks and punches to them. I was eventually able to somehow grab ahold of the knife-wielder's elbow and wrist, which I bent it in a way that it would stab them in the chest. This man in black went limp after that and I took the knife from him. The other 2 assailants were nearby zipping in and out of melee range. This fight seemed like it took forever, but we weren't falling that fast. Eventually, I was able to injure one the 2 remaining assailants and they veered off of my course. It must have meant that it was time to pull the chute. Since I don't know when it is too late to deploy the chute, I play it safe and engage it early. It took me a little while to finally land on the bridge tower...but while I was up in the sky, it felt amazing - like a cool crisp peaceful breeze. Floating in the sky felt serene...I could see the entire town below me and several towns over the next several districts (super unrealistic, I know).

After safely landing, I looked over to one side of the bridge tower and saw that the sun was setting in the distance, but for some reason the lighting conditions were that of full afternoon light. It was weird b/c one side of the bridge was evening and the other side was noon. Then I heard a B57 overhead and saw more guys dressed in all black jump out of it and glide towards me.

I didn't catch what was going on where I stood, b/c I was still looking up at the sky, but an explosion pushed me off of the bridge tower and I was sent plummeting at least 20 stories into the river below. I tried to imitate the moves I see Olympic Divers do and pierced deep into the river. There were somehow another set of 2-3 people dressed in black swimsuits w/ scuba gear waiting for me. 2 had harpoons aimed in my direction to the front of me. The third guy had a small dive knife and was the closest person to me - we started an underwater knife fight. Our swings went in slow motion underwater (slower than it really would have been IRL), so I was able to react and avoid most of the attacks while swinging at the opponent.

I was able disconnect the scuba mouthpiece / tube from the guy I was fighting, but I got stabbed on my right thigh in the process. It didn't have a sharp pain...more like it ached. I traded blows and stabbed the guy in the heart with my own stolen knife and used him as a body shield.

One of the harpoon guys missed their shot during this knife fighting, the other harpoon guy decided not to take a shot during that fight and was closing in for melee combat. Less than a minute must have elapsed during all this commotion and now both the harpoon guys were approaching me. They didn't yet realize that I had won the knife fight as I had his colleague's body between me and him. The water was already somewhat murky brown, but with the added blood cloud from the guy I defeated, it caused enough confusion that they had to get in close to investigate what happened between the 2 knife fighters.

Both of the remaining assailants were real close by now (one within 2 arm's length and the other following maybe 10-15 feet behind, so I ripped the scuba mouth piece off of the guy I just knifed and took in some much needed air. I then kicked the incapacitated body towards the closest guy to make him deal with an obstacle. I swam through the blood cloud and while the closest one was pushing his dead colleague aside, I slashed this one on the jugular. This guy was luckily the one who saved his harpoon shot. I took his harpoon and shot the other one at near point blank while we were all inside a red blood cloud of water. It was finally over...stole one scuba tank w/ a mouthpiece and proceeded to surface with it in use.

When I reached the surface of the water and looked at the bridge...somehow the water level rose all the way up to the bridge towers, so that only maybe 20 feet of the top of the tower was left to see. I tried to swim towards the tower to hold onto it b/c I didn't know how many more pursuers could be lurking in the murky water. The whole surrounding town was flooded though. Before I could reach the bridge tower, a large nuclear submarine surfaced from beneath me and lifted me up to the point where I could stand on the surface of it.

I limped towards the submarine hatch and waited in ambush. I thought to myself, "these had to have been bad guys...who else would be here at this time and who could have caused such a catastrophic rise in sea level? These must be the terrorists!". The hatch slowly opened while I was crouched behind the back end of it, keeping the hatch surface between me and whoever was exiting it. Out came only one guy (same all-black colored outfit as the other people I've seen before).

Before he could get both feet onto the top surface of the submarine, I did another stealth kill by slicing the jugular and holding his mouth so that he wouldn't make a peep. I searched him for any useful gear and found a Black Beretta M9 (the same airsoft model pistol that I played with with friends - but this time it was the real deal). I took what stuff he had on him and tossed him into the river. Then I proceeded to stealthily descend into the submarine. Once I got down into it, I could see a maze of corridors and dim red lighting...

That's all...the dream ended and I woke up feeling my right thigh xD
RicePounderSep 27, 2020 4:38 PM
Oct 11, 2020 7:38 PM

Dec 2009
I'll reply to some of these later since reading about people's unique dreams is very intriguing but in the mean time, who else can share?
Oct 11, 2020 7:45 PM

Dec 2016
In real life I know very well the feel of pulling a trigger, or more accurately, lovingly caressing it. The kickback, the report... mmmhmhm. In my dreams using weapons is a exorcise in impotence. The trigger has a three ton pull that is as slow as molasses. Then even if I do pull the trigger nothing really happens. Dream hand to hand combat is always brutal and decisive. Particularly if it is a near lucid dream. I once had a fist fight in my dream and awoke to my self savagely punching my end table over and busting two knuckles lmao.
Oct 11, 2020 7:58 PM

Sep 2018
In my dreams I usually try to summon a stun gun. For non human stuff I try to focus on it to cut it kind of like the mcs power in tsukihime. It is kind of cheesy, but I try to be a pacifist in my dreams as much as possible and try to revive anyone who goes down. If I am surrounded I imagine a black hole which destroys everything. When that happens I either wake up or get fooled into thinking I wake up while I continue to dream. Sometimes in dreams I can feel and taste which I find weird.
Oct 24, 2020 3:49 PM

Dec 2009
... Who else has an interesting dream to share?
Oct 24, 2020 4:02 PM

Oct 2018
I have post-apocalyptic dreams sometimes and theyre usually the most vivid. Usually if I fight its with guns that dont seem to kill very well. If things die, its usually because the dream sequence seems to call for it, not that I can wish it and it happens.

"I am sure that you out of all people could never understand the feelings of someone who doesn't know what it feels like to make an effort." - Nanami, Katanagari

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

25 by Rhaelynne »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

21 by _Nette_ »»
25 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

43 by LordSozin »»
1 hour ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

31 by Kushna »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Worst social media

IpreferEcchi - Mar 19

28 by hypergoob »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.