Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 12 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 19, 2020 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So we're getting more about the truth of the Hero Academy...

This episode felt strange for a penultimate one and kinda rushed. We also got to see more of Ley's skills in combat. I wonder if he was holding back before? At any rate, they're setting up for the series' finale. Not having high expectations for it.

Sep 19, 2020 7:58 AM

Feb 2018
It will be a good episode if they have a kiss, lol ... tbh, your command is so hard Anos. Anos's fire magic is so awesome, the real Maou has come.
Sep 19, 2020 9:27 AM
Pen

Mar 2018
kind of a reveal but when he could use the sword of the heroes I knew he was either a hero or something else.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 19, 2020 9:40 AM

Feb 2019
“I’m so blessed to have such great friends” that bit from Anos really gave me goosebumps. That Lay twist was genuinely a shock for me, in hindsight the clues were obvious but man.. next week is gonna be an awesome finale, can’t wait. I hope we get a S2 announcement like we got for Hamefura.
Sep 19, 2020 9:48 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So it was Lay... I just can't wait for the next and final (unfortunately :( I really want S2) episode, it's going to be epic
Sep 19, 2020 9:48 AM
Jul 2020
Pretty good episode sadly no flexing but enjoyed none the less hoping for a season 2 not going to lie.
Sep 19, 2020 9:50 AM

Aug 2013
To think the hero Kanon would reincarnate himself in the form of a demon. Looking forward to how this will all end with Anos, the real demon king, versus the fake in the form of Lay/Kanon.

Sep 19, 2020 9:50 AM

Mar 2014
Ahhhh dangit why can't Lay just stay pure! Just let him be happy with amnesia and his love of swordplay ;~;

It's ironic that the Demon Lord reincarnated into a hybrid, meanwhile the great "Hero" Kanon reincarnated into a pureblood demon.

At least this explains who/what those Sources were controlling the 7 Emperors. They were Kanon's 6 other sources.

I like how I kind of just glazed over the fact that he could so easily pick up that "holy" sword because Anos just bulldozes through natural logic like "demons can't touch holy swords"

Wish they explained what Anos did to help Eleanor but I guess that'll have to wait til next week for the big comeuppance
Sep 19, 2020 9:52 AM

Feb 2017
Are they going for some kind of anime original ending? this felt rushed AF or improvised and poorly done...
Sep 19, 2020 9:54 AM

Jun 2015
Waaaa. So much I wanted to talk about this eps as I watched it. But the more it went on the more I was consumed by the story and my talking points were lost. I figured from some previous eps the sword guy was Kanon but I did not see the curve ball that he was also pretending to be the demon king. Im conflicted. I dont think he bad, and as Anos said his tears for his mother were genuine, and Im pretty sure he has the hots for one of the Anos fan club girls and then the whole necklace thing and then the show down. Squueeeeee. it's too much dammit!!! Give me next episode!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 19, 2020 9:55 AM
Sep 2015
I'm kinda balancing between Anos X Kanon and Anos X Lay and this episode solve my problem, thank you!
Sep 19, 2020 10:03 AM

Oct 2019
I wonder if they can fit wall of texts from LN including Lay reason to fit 1 last episode next week.
Sep 19, 2020 10:06 AM

Jan 2014
Sorta figured a bit in that the guy under the mask was gonna be the hero Kanon. Or least an incarnation. Can't wait to see their fight next week, or whatever they do.
Sep 19, 2020 10:07 AM
Mar 2019
As soon as we saw what happened to Kanon in his previous life, it made sense that he resurrected himself as a demon. I can also tell his hatred of the human race made it so that he manipulated history so the war would occur again and he would have his vengeance. What flew over my head is that Lay and Kanon was one and the same. Can't wait until next episode!

p.s. Season 2 pls!
Sep 19, 2020 10:18 AM

Feb 2016
Most of the Demon Lord Subjugation Army was made up of clones...
So as I thought Kanon reincarnated himself. I wanna see how Lay's gonna fight Anos with the holy sword.
Sep 19, 2020 10:25 AM

Jan 2018
Kinda weak and anti climatic episode. When its starting to get good they change to the next scene. Really rushed. As expected it was Lay who is the ressurected kanon.
Sep 19, 2020 10:25 AM
Jul 2020
Wow, this show was waay better than initially thought.
I didn't expected this.
Sep 19, 2020 10:26 AM
Aug 2019
So Kanon was reincarnated as Lay and he's also Avos.
Also that Lay X Misa scene was sweet.
This episode felt a bit rushed I guess they wanna finish this up quickly for the finale.
I wonder if Lay has been holding back his true power since he has only one source in him and the rest are spread between the demon lord except for Melheis.
I guess next week is Lay vs Anos.
TellatezSep 19, 2020 11:06 AM

Sep 19, 2020 10:30 AM

Oct 2017
Okay Avos being Kanon was predictable but I didn't think that it was Lay who was Kanon's reincarnation. Also wow so that's where the sources which was fused with the elders came from.
Sep 19, 2020 10:38 AM

Aug 2017
This got a hell lot interesting!!

Also Misa x Ray ship has sailed!!

Sep 19, 2020 10:45 AM
Oct 2016
That ending was insane! Lay has been not only pretending to Avos Dillhevia this whole time but he's also Kanon reincarnated!!! I kinda already knew the second part but him pretending to be Avos the fake demon king just blew my mind. Had my jaw on the floor those last like five minutes. This puts the sword tournament arc in a totally different perspective. Anos is right though the tears Lay shed looked super real. What does this all mean? Some many things just got flipped on their heads with that big reveal.

Didn't think we'd get a full on battle to end this show. Like a war sized clash but damn this is crazy. Avos, or Lay, or Kanon, however he wants to be called stoking the hatred between the humans and demons to finish the big battle that Anos ended with his sacrifice those two thousand years ago. It's funny how easily manipulated they've all been. The so called heroes being controlled by Jerga this whole time. Eleanore spilled the beans on how she's basically human magic. Jerga creating the two spells of her and Asc to keep the humans hating demons for no real reason other than Jerga own personal grudge. Some crazy reveals this episode to put us in a prime spot spot the finale!
Sep 19, 2020 11:12 AM
Jun 2017
Vysarine said:
It's ironic that the Demon Lord reincarnated into a hybrid, meanwhile the great "Hero" Kanon reincarnated into a pureblood demon.

Well Anos said previously that Kanon was better than him at Source Magic so that's probably why Kanon managed to reincarnate as a pureblood demon.
Sep 19, 2020 11:20 AM

Dec 2013
That was a fun reveal, I would be lying if I say that they didn't trick me thinking Lay was Shin for a long time, so Kanon hatred towards humans grew so much he decided to do all of that.

That Lay x Misa bit was really sweet.
Sep 19, 2020 11:27 AM
Dec 2017
i know this unpopular opinion i think this show decent isekai
Sep 19, 2020 11:36 AM

Oct 2018
poronite said:
Vysarine said:

Well Anos said previously that Kanon was better than him at Source Magic so that's probably why Kanon managed to reincarnate as a pureblood demon.

I think the body Anos reincarnated into is 100% Human (pretty much the reason why anos is being called "Misfit" in the first place) , and Kanon/Ray is 100% Demon in his current condition and his source magic thingy is so good he still can weild Evans Mana even though being pure demon, and Its obvious both of their reincarnation somewhat draw a Parallel and maybe an Irony on how the Demon King reincarnated into a Human, And the Human Hero reincarnated into a Demon
PsyKhiSep 19, 2020 11:39 AM
Sep 19, 2020 12:05 PM

Aug 2014
The ending was really unexpected. IDK y but I never thought their friend would be this guy.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Sep 19, 2020 12:11 PM

Jul 2020
I honestly still don't know how I feel about this show, but I guess I will find out next week...
Sep 19, 2020 12:27 PM

May 2018
That was the fastest war arc ever lol

So Ley must be Kanon but with a hatred for humans, stemming from him being betrayed 2000 years ago
Sep 19, 2020 12:38 PM

Oct 2019
I aptly predicted a few weeks ago that it was Jerga who must have murdered Hero Kanon ~2000 years ago. Not only that but the cowards stabbed him in the back, literally! However, while I suspected that Lay might be Kanon (potentially with no memories) the fact that he is also Avos Dilhevia was quite a surprise. I never saw that coming.

My guess is that Lay/Kanon's plan all along has been to use the demons to kill the humans, or at least their corrupt leaders. Jerga's betrayal apparently corrupted him, turning him to the dark side. He played the fake demon king in order to have the demons (unwittingly) prepare for war these last 2,000 years, while ensuring that the real demon king's name was erased from history.

Why? Because Anos wanted peace, while Kanon wanted war. That is probably the sole reason. In other words these two, the demon and the hero, have quite interestingly exchanged roles. Anos assumed (or pretended to assume) that Lay/Kanon might want to "save" something else, like he wanted to save his mother. This is clearly not the case, otherwise Kanon would not have set up demons and humans to fight each other.

I am frankly disappointed that the betrayal of just one man was enough to corrupt Kanon. Anos will probably be as well, since as we know he deeply admired and respected Kanon. It might be because it wasn't just a random man but his freaking sensei. In any case Kanon clearly took it hard enough to device this entire plan.

A problem I had with the episode was the mention that the events of the Magic Sword Tournament were "unforeseen". Er, in what way? They were both taken in that pocket dimension and attacked by no less than three Elder Demon Emperors. All three were controlled by Kanon/Avos at the time, so it must have been him who made them attack them. That is not called "unforeseen", it is called a plan.

Even if it was other Royals who set that contract in Lay's Source in exchange for healing his mom, the rest of the events in the pocket dimension must have been orchestrated by Kanon, so they were anything but unforeseen. To what end? Probably to kill Anos, his "friend", so that he doesn't prevent his war plans.. Corrupted indeed..
Sep 19, 2020 12:57 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Am I alone in thinking that this episode was really rushed? From Anos trying to save Eleonore to the demons arriving and war breaking out in less than 5 minutes?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 19, 2020 1:09 PM

Aug 2018
Farabeuf said:
Am I alone in thinking that this episode was really rushed? From Anos trying to save Eleonore to the demons arriving and war breaking out in less than 5 minutes?

Kinda feeling the same, too many news/revelations in such a short time.

Seems like those who thought Lay was Kanon were right but I doubt someone thought about Lay=Kanon=Anos Dilhevia eh.

Well I shouldn't be so surprised about that revelations since we got to see the "pure" reputation of humans in this show. Wouldn't be too shocking that the mightiest Hero Kanon would eventually turn into something... less desirable.
Sep 19, 2020 1:14 PM
Jul 2019
can't wait last eps
Sep 19, 2020 1:14 PM

Oct 2019
Farabeuf said:
Rushed indeed. That's quite common with single cour anime. We also did not see if (and how) Anos handled Eleonore and her clones after they were interrupted. Did he hang them dry or did he do something off-screen that will be revealed in the last episode?
Sep 19, 2020 1:23 PM
Mar 2020
WHAT?!?! I figured Lay was Kanon but he's also the imposter?? Didn't see that coming
Sep 19, 2020 1:24 PM

Dec 2013
I wasn't a fan of this episode at all. The last three demon emperors and Avos showing up out of no where, and completely shutting down the Eleanore and Zeshia plot, then immediately progressing to a war felt incredibly rushed. Hopefully it comes back up in the next episode.

This is perhaps the biggest misstep in an otherwise ok-decent series so far, which is a shame. If nothing else, this highlights that there just isn't enough time to cover all of this material.

One more thing for the LN readers; I thought
Is Lay a misdirect leading into that, or is this some anime original bullshit?
Kuro_YuukiSep 19, 2020 1:36 PM
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Sep 19, 2020 1:43 PM
Jul 2017
Is it just me, or does Avos Dilhevia helmet and outfit look like a Bloodborne character? :D
Sep 19, 2020 1:45 PM

Oct 2019
Vysarine said:
Ahhhh dangit why can't Lay just stay pure! Just let him be happy with amnesia and his love of swordplay ;~;

Most likely Lay's obsession with swords was also a pretense, or at least clearly exaggerated. Why? To fool Anos into thinking he was a potential reincarnation of Shin, whom Kanon must have known back in the day since he used to be Anos' right hand. Above all, of course, to point Anos away of suspecting he is the reincarnation of Kanon.

Kanon used Source Magic to be born into demon royalty, this was not random. What he couldn't expect was the horrible treatment from his biological parents (for whatever reasons). Anos was less adept at Source Magic so he was apparently reincarnated at random, as an offspring of a random demon couple. It's unclear in what way he is "hybrid"; all we know (in the anime) is that he was not born into royalty. But "royalty" does not equate with "pure demon". Or does it?
Sep 19, 2020 1:46 PM
Nov 2017
DAMMIT! Lay's death flag has been activated!!!! Also who else thought the fake Demon Lord was totally Hero Kanon lmao
CrollybearSep 19, 2020 2:01 PM
Sep 19, 2020 2:03 PM
Mar 2019
We need a second season of this serie!!!
Sep 19, 2020 2:24 PM

Jan 2020
I actually didn't see that plot twist coming. It did feel rushed however, I still enjoyed the episode.
ShengudSep 19, 2020 5:17 PM
Sep 19, 2020 2:26 PM

May 2012
Final two-episode blitz. hopefully, they end it. no need for another season
Sep 19, 2020 2:26 PM

Jan 2020
90% of the comments here
> "I figured Lay was the reincarnation of Kanon. But him being Avos was a total shocker"

Well, I can't really disagree. This was my thoughts exactly too
Sep 19, 2020 2:33 PM

Feb 2014
I figured Lay was Kanon until when ever it was we were led to believe he was "obviously just Shin". Seemed pretty obvious after that Avos would be Kanon, just never assumed the two were one in the same

Sep 19, 2020 2:33 PM
Apr 2020
By the in weekpedia show that Ilugerus Misa is fake demon king
But here lay is kanon and kanon is avos Delhevia

What's going on?

I can't wait next episode
Sep 19, 2020 2:49 PM
Jul 2020
Abhinandan2002 said:
By the in weekpedia show that Ilugerus Misa is fake demon king
But here lay is kanon and kanon is avos Delhevia

What's going on?

I can't wait next episode

Imagine thinking Wikipedia is a credible place to get information..
Sep 19, 2020 2:54 PM
Jul 2020
Interesting episode & plot-twist in the end, Now it's time for Anos to show that hes the real G.O.A.T of the demons.
Sep 19, 2020 3:12 PM

Dec 2014
I suspected Avos Dilhevia would be Kanon but I didn't expect him to be Lay.

Good episode, curious about how they are gonna flesh out Kanon's backstory to turn on humans.
Sep 19, 2020 3:40 PM

Mar 2010
Ah a bit of a snorefest but at the same time things picked up towards the end. But yeah humanity is pretty shit.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 19, 2020 3:59 PM

Apr 2020
Kinda surprised Lay turned out to be Kanon. I'm not surprised Kanon came back as a demon after the humans betrayed him like that. What happened to Eleanor? More important, what happened to the Misa x Lay ship?!
Sep 19, 2020 4:11 PM
Jun 2013
Mr_Residents said:
i know this unpopular opinion i think this show decent isekai

This isn't isekai.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 26, 2020

279 by Nagamasakun »»
Apr 26, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2020

123 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2020

122 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2020

101 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 3:44 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2020

106 by PrimeX »»
Feb 18, 8:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.