Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 17, 2020 5:49 AM

Mar 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
MAKIMA IS FUCKING DEAD! HELL YEAH!

what the direction after this tho? what chainsawman will do?

goddamit kobeni, you had one job! he just want borgar!

will she become new heroine or will she killed by chainsaw?

SICK COLOR PAGE!
KumaSep 17, 2020 5:58 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 17, 2020 5:53 AM

Jun 2014
Everyone's reaction while reading this chapter:

I can't remember the last time a manga chapter made me laugh this hard. From Chainsawman banging on the table to the tune of the hamburger song to
One comedy gold moment after the other.
What makes it even better is the fact that this was a hyped up "climax chapter" that got CSM on the cover of the issue, plus a color page. This is why I read Chainsaw Man!

PernodiSep 17, 2020 6:08 AM

Sep 17, 2020 6:21 AM
May 2016
Genuinely, how can any other manga in YSJ compete? This is fucking perfection, holy shit this has been the funnest series to keep up with in years. Sasuga Fujimoto.
Sep 17, 2020 6:34 AM
Jul 2018
ahahahahahaha

Holy fuck I am dying

That fucking wink ahahahahaha
Sep 17, 2020 9:24 AM

Oct 2017
Damn best girl Makima is dead, hope she revives.

Also lol at Kobeni lmao, she really has a death wish allright.
Sep 17, 2020 10:40 AM

Sep 2013
Everytime my brain goes "what the fuck am I reading" with this manga it's always for a completely different reason
Sep 17, 2020 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
BTW

It's a joke chapter but when you look below the hood:
Makima doesn't seem to really give a fuck about erasing devils, CSM only matters to her
Denji has started killing innocent civilians which is fucking bad for obvious reasons as half-devil under Bureau. I have a hard time seeing world powers wanting to accommodate for concept erasing, almost uncontrollable killing machine, as just everyone is just better off without it. Plus, it's like when Makima made Denji complicit in killing Power.

So yea, Denji is on a way to becoming "villain" to the world, so Makima did turn him into what she wanted him to be and she is his only real option if he wants to live more normally, though Denji himself did no wrong.

Sasuga Fujimoto

Also this chapter feels kind of like a jab at how people treat employees at shops/restaurants/etc

EDIT:
Plus, Denji seems to have regressed to his childlike mental state, similar as when he was keeping trauma of killing his father away behind the door. He is genuinely fucked.
removed-userSep 17, 2020 12:11 PM
Sep 17, 2020 1:29 PM

Oct 2014
...can't even put what i'm feeling into words but i think i like it? 10/10 would get rickrolled again
Sep 17, 2020 2:08 PM
Apr 2011
for those who don't know Denji is still inside there but Pocitia is in control now just in a berserker state and now we gonna ship chainsaw devil x konebi?
Sep 17, 2020 5:57 PM

Aug 2018
If this doesn't end in a bloodbath of humanity I don't even know why am I keep reading this anymore, there are no threats, no one to fight, no one to follow, no one to feel attached to, just chaos, don't mistake me I love it but it's fucking insane how no one can predict just in the slightest what's gonna happen
Sep 17, 2020 10:51 PM

Apr 2018
Well that was fun to read xD. But Jeez author just leave kobeni alone....

and about makima did she really dead?
Sep 18, 2020 9:09 AM

Mar 2016
Lmfaooo. Kobeni is just hilarious. Can't believe she tripped twice. That was a very satisfactory ending.

Finally! Makima is in pieces. Well, I don't really suppose she's dead yet but, it could be anything.
Sep 18, 2020 9:32 AM

Jun 2014
ahmedhassan99988 said:

Makima is dead ?

Jfs_ said:

Do you people suffer from dementia or something? We've seen Makima die and revive several times throughout this manga so far, and she even flat out stated that all her injuries and deaths get redirected to random Japanese citizens. How could you've already forgotten that literally 2 chapters after it's been told to us?
I'm amazed at how many braindead idiots I've seen around who think Makima is dead now even though we've seen her "die" so many times up until now with no consequences.

Sep 18, 2020 11:13 AM
Mar 2018
Last chapter had an info dump
THIS ONE is just completely BONKERS
I love it 10/10
Sep 18, 2020 12:01 PM

Oct 2014
-II said:
BTW

It's a joke chapter but when you look below the hood:
Makima doesn't seem to really give a fuck about erasing devils, CSM only matters to her
Denji has started killing innocent civilians which is fucking bad for obvious reasons as half-devil under Bureau. I have a hard time seeing world powers wanting to accommodate for concept erasing, almost uncontrollable killing machine, as just everyone is just better off without it. Plus, it's like when Makima made Denji complicit in killing Power.

So yea, Denji is on a way to becoming "villain" to the world, so Makima did turn him into what she wanted him to be and she is his only real option if he wants to live more normally, though Denji himself did no wrong.

Sasuga Fujimoto

Also this chapter feels kind of like a jab at how people treat employees at shops/restaurants/etc

EDIT:
Plus, Denji seems to have regressed to his childlike mental state, similar as when he was keeping trauma of killing his father away behind the door. He is genuinely fucked.

it's pochita love, denji long gone now :(

and it makes me think if the gun devil wasn't doing something similar with aki...
Sep 18, 2020 3:55 PM

Jun 2017
What in goddamn fuck is happening in this manga?! LMAO, that was amazing!

Also Kobeni you had one fucking job....

Makima will probably revive as usual.
Sep 18, 2020 6:18 PM
Feb 2018
Is the current Chainsawman Pochita or Denji?
Sep 19, 2020 5:20 AM

Jan 2015
Is Makima... dead? Lmao what
Sep 19, 2020 8:07 AM

Dec 2016
Not gonna lie, as hilarious this chapter was (in messed up way). I'm genuinely sad/"moved" by seeing Kobeni crying in last panel. Something like Subaru from Re:Zero when he was finally able to tell that "he can't die".

Like really, I didn't give two sh*ts when something was happening to characters but now its completely opposite.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.105/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.184/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.102/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.12/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.74/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.621/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 19, 2020 6:16 PM

Jul 2017
i doubt makima is dead, she'll just revive as usual.

tbh, when i read the previous few chapters i was afraid that fujimoto will do the same mistake he did with fire punch's second half but now that i've seen how silly and weird this chapter was my fears are starting to disappear.
Sep 19, 2020 9:16 PM

May 2015
Pernodi said:
ahmedhassan99988 said:

Makima is dead ?

Jfs_ said:

Do you people suffer from dementia or something? We've seen Makima die and revive several times throughout this manga so far, and she even flat out stated that all her injuries and deaths get redirected to random Japanese citizens. How could you've already forgotten that literally 2 chapters after it's been told to us?
I'm amazed at how many braindead idiots I've seen around who think Makima is dead now even though we've seen her "die" so many times up until now with no consequences.

Don't gotta be such an asshole about it. Maybe they thought she was dead because Chainsaw Man literally has the power to literally delete shit from existence? Fujimoto has already established that he doesn't give a single fuck about killing off characters, even if they're important.

Sep 20, 2020 1:16 AM

Mar 2015
Pernodi said:
ahmedhassan99988 said:

Makima is dead ?

Jfs_ said:

in case you miss it, SHE WANT to be killed by chainsaw. maybe she want to get eaten too, but it's depend on chainsawman wish.

does she die? who knows, but it's her wish to die in hands of chainsaw. this is her chance. and that the fact that he doesn't chase makima further. when she said chainsawman will kill anyone who ask for help.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 20, 2020 1:43 PM

Dec 2009
What even is the tone anymore. This reminds me of the web toon "Love advice from the great duke of hell".
Sep 20, 2020 2:10 PM

Aug 2018
At this point I wouldn’t even be surprised if that was the last chapter and CSM destroys the entirety of mankind because he didn’t get his burger
Sep 20, 2020 2:21 PM

Apr 2019
Ya know what, as long as I'm entertained, this can go in whatever direction it wants. I no longer care lol.

Also how the hell did Kobeni manage to trip twice? Like, just how?

Anyways Ham Burbur

arcticmontysSep 20, 2020 2:24 PM
Sep 20, 2020 4:44 PM

Mar 2018
So Denji went there because of Kobeni's cries for help? But now he's throwing tantrum like a big baby just for a burger lol.
Sep 21, 2020 1:57 AM
Dec 2019
I've re-read this chapter like 6 times and it still makes me laugh. The guy asking "Is this real life? What the fuck..." and Kobeni's brain meltdown trying to say "hamburger" is just really really funny.

I hope that Chainsaw Man can either keep this up or ends relatively soon though. Fire Punch was similarly great but then once some of the core characters finally died it started dragging. Not right away but it definitely lost steam. CSM has killed a big chunk of characters now and I'd hate for it to wind up going the same way.
Sep 22, 2020 6:18 AM

Aug 2018
Hello, Tatsuki Fujimoto, what the hell is this? I love it.
Sep 22, 2020 6:51 AM
Mar 2017
Kuma said:
Pernodi said:

in case you miss it, SHE WANT to be killed by chainsaw. maybe she want to get eaten too, but it's depend on chainsawman wish.

does she die? who knows, but it's her wish to die in hands of chainsaw. this is her chance. and that the fact that he doesn't chase makima further. when she said chainsawman will kill anyone who ask for help.

It's both eaten and be killed by Chainsaw Man, however she wasn't eaten by Chainsaw Man, only cutten into parts and she has the contract with Prime Minister of Japan, so some or many japanese citizen were sacrificed instead.
For me, this serves as example about what will happen when somebody call Chainsaw Man for help, so there is a possibility that Kobeni could be killed next.
Sep 22, 2020 11:45 AM
Mar 2016
Am I the only one that is extremely confused after reading this? What was that Mcdonalds gig in the chapter? I just know that it was weirdly and terrifeinly hilarious.
Sep 22, 2020 3:38 PM

Mar 2016
I mean... I really love this manga but . I feel it kinda rushed.. in 5 chapters everyone is dead and the whole "plot" that the chapters were creating before just ended.. im really curious as where this is going...

Sep 22, 2020 5:35 PM

Mar 2015
TabascoDastreet said:
Am I the only one that is extremely confused after reading this? What was that Mcdonalds gig in the chapter? I just know that it was weirdly and terrifeinly hilarious.

it was denji wish in the past. is it part left from denji or part of pochita who want to fullfill denji wish? who know. one thing for sure is that there is still lingering past left and will play a role.
Sep 22, 2020 8:46 PM

Jan 2011
Hilarious and horrifying.
Sep 23, 2020 1:24 PM
Dec 2019
I love how absurdist this manga is. Huge things happen like this chapter and then there's Denji just tryna get a burger. No time for grief, no comfort, time just keeps moving forward. I got a good laugh with the burger place too. It reminded me of SpongeBob somehow.
Sep 23, 2020 1:30 PM
Dec 2019
TehManiac said:
I mean... I really love this manga but . I feel it kinda rushed.. in 5 chapters everyone is dead and the whole "plot" that the chapters were creating before just ended.. im really curious as where this is going...

I definitely feel that. The author (Fujimoto, Tatsuki) had that problem in Fire Punch as well. I guess it's kind of his style to keep the readers confused and draw attention away from crazy developments by having many of them and keeping it moving. I think the main theme here (and in Fire Punch) is that good doesn't always prevail and sometimes it's hard to even tell what good is. There's always a greater good and greater evil and because of that the world often doesn't make "sense"
Sep 23, 2020 9:28 PM

Mar 2016
Moonheartsunhead said:
TehManiac said:

I definitely feel that. The author (Fujimoto, Tatsuki) had that problem in Fire Punch as well. I guess it's kind of his style to keep the readers confused and draw attention away from crazy developments by having many of them and keeping it moving. I think the main theme here (and in Fire Punch) is that good doesn't always prevail and sometimes it's hard to even tell what good is. There's always a greater good and greater evil and because of that the world often doesn't make "sense"

Yes it does makes sense if you think it that way.. well i hope that this will end up being a good development and not the destruction of this story

Sep 23, 2020 9:37 PM
Dec 2019
TehManiac said:
Moonheartsunhead said:

Yes it does makes sense if you think it that way.. well i hope that this will end up being a good development and not the destruction of this story

I just did some re-reading of the last few chapters and I do think the ending will be a bit of a clusterfuck. I think good endings are important but I'm more inclined to care more about the journey so that might save the series for me. There's so many ways they could have made the story more linear but they're slacking with these last few chapters. The setup for makima as antagonist has been great but more time would have been great for developing her character and her goals.
Sep 27, 2020 2:53 PM

Jun 2020
Kobeni bitch can you not trip holy shit you're getting people killed
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 28, 2020 1:27 PM

Jul 2019
I feel so bad for Kobeni :(
She didn't want this.
Oct 6, 2020 7:12 PM
Jun 2020
love kobeni so much!!
Jan 23, 2021 6:48 AM

Mar 2008
... wtf am i even reading
Jan 23, 2021 11:08 PM

Nov 2017
I haven't laughed that hard in a long time, hell ya boi. Marx Bros classic.
Feb 6, 2021 12:29 PM

Mar 2014
The family burger bits were hilarious, I was laughing out loud through the whole thing.
Feb 17, 2021 2:49 PM

Apr 2017
I love Kobeni so much, she is so retarded.
cunnysseur
Feb 20, 2021 1:07 AM

Mar 2020
damn rip in piece to the lettuce dude
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Apr 19, 2021 9:01 AM

Aug 2016
Chainsaw Man the type of manga to have huge dumps of information for like three chapters and the fourth one is Kobeni struggling to say "hamburguer".

I love this manga.
Apr 22, 2021 12:01 PM

Jan 2009
i doubt Makima is dead

and lol at Kobeni
Jun 2, 2021 9:52 AM

Dec 2020
Ahhhhh!!! I think I'm going crazy because of this series.

Good chapter btw.

Jun 6, 2021 9:35 AM

Mar 2021
Ngl I actually feel bad for Chainsaw Man here. He just wants some borgar but this clumsy woman keeps throwing food and drinks all over him.

Jun 7, 2021 8:07 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Kobeni!!!

Let this man go eat his burger in his cosplay man!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Primordial Fears and their respective Devils

FinnMertens - 6 minutes ago

0 by FinnMertens »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 91 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Oct 30, 2020

76 by AnimeNerd99 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 81 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuma - Aug 21, 2020

162 by AnimeNerd99 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kuma - Jul 31, 2020

132 by AnimeNerd99 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 78 Discussion

Kuma - Jul 17, 2020

36 by AnimeNerd99 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.