Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 28, 2020 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, the boob jokes return between Misaka and Misaki. But seriously, I think it's nice to see these two return again to the show with the Indian Poker arc. Even Mitori makes a brief cameo.

A lot of buildup this episode and some identity issues. It's also neat to see Misaka fight again when she's on a mission.

Aug 28, 2020 7:04 AM

Nov 2007
Misaki girl teasing main girl using a little girl.

Security tightens up as Judgement is having a meeting.

That girl using spoon to roll noodle instead of chopsticks? that's a first.

A cyborg made of a girl? and have souls connected? Misaki girl wanting main girl to check on it. That changing-form girl is also listening.

Cyborg girl is remembering something and fell off, while meeting main girl.

The real body knows that cyborg one would get escaped.

Showing those group that fought against injured Acce.? It seems like the next enemy is them?
tsubasaloverSep 11, 2020 6:49 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 28, 2020 7:12 AM

Apr 2010
Well the start was about boobs again, honestly Misaka is still growing and most of us don't care about her breast size and i doubt who ever she will fall for in the future will mind it either.
Misaki's bullying went a bit far tho.

The new girl we got now seems like another interesting case with her clone.
And trouble is brewing because of that.
That being said tho i don't like those four at the end, i saw them before and i don't think they add much to the story.
Aug 28, 2020 7:19 AM

Jul 2012
Buildup episode.

The termin soul was mentioned/introduced. It was also in Accel's story, but unforunately didn't get the proper meaning later ...

Mikoto in despair ...

Scavengers are back, glad to see Leader again!
Aug 28, 2020 9:35 AM

Feb 2019
So many memes from this ep. I love Misaki and Misaka’s dynamic. They’re hilarious every time they link up. Fun episode as usual, nice set up for the confrontation with doppelgänger.

sad to think we’re winding down this season with only a few more eps to go.
Aug 28, 2020 9:44 AM

Aug 2013
The first scene with Misaka and the child was funny. There are always funny moments whenever Misaki appears.

Academy City always doing some unethical experiments.

Aug 28, 2020 10:05 AM

May 2018
Good to see return of some characters. LOL! That partwhen Misaka go her way out fondling Misaki's breast.
Aug 28, 2020 10:10 AM

Oct 2017
Oof I could almost smell Misaka burning lmao, her description on Misaki's oppai was lit af thou.

Well I'd like to say at this point nothing in academy city surprises me but surprisingly here I am surprised yet again. That cyborg was creepy af.

Wow even the Scavengers are here, this is it. The begining of the end for this season.
Aug 28, 2020 11:05 AM

Sep 2018
Scavengers are back!!! Glad to see that they're okay after whole vs Accelerator thing.

Toaru franchise never fails to blow me away with scientific esper powers and crazy experiments. Indian Poker by itself sound amazing(sharing your dreams with others) but splitting human in half and giving each half a cyborg parts ,then after a year joining it back together. It sounds very disturbing but at the same time exciting!
The soul split in 2 and now both cyborg and the original own one...
well that's just my opinion.....
Aug 28, 2020 11:13 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Off to a rocky start for Misaka xD. It's good to have her and Shokohou back, nonetheless! Lol, the addition with the cheeky little company was really nice too. God, Misaka's soul perishing after having a feel for Shokuhou's goods and her delusion crumbling as well in the process really did hurt though. It's hilarious how her intelligence level dropped a tier there, too.

And once again, that moment when you think you've seen everything in the franchise already but they keep churning up things which surprise you lol. Cyborgs, nothing revolutionary about that. But hold up, slicing a human into two and filling them up with inorganic material, that's uncharted territory alright.

For those who need more clarification on the timeline dealing with the Scavenger group by the way, check out @toaru_project over on Twitter. They have a post there which is very helpful.

We're finally in the final whims of the series now, and here's to hoping it'll end in style! To think that this first aired in Jan. though, what an eventful year we've had.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 28, 2020 11:56 AM

Nov 2014
Misaka and Misaki interactions never get boring.

This arc looks really nice. The subject of soul (and/or "me" of a person) is always interesting and can lead to some nice mindfucks.
Aug 28, 2020 12:12 PM

Jan 2008
Misaka and Misaki's moments were great. Her awe after touching heaven. Also nice to see Mitori and Dolly again as well as more reoccurring characters, this time from Accelerator's series who got all their asses completely kicked last time.

Aug 28, 2020 12:57 PM

Feb 2014
Any interactions between Misaka & Misaki is pure gold in my eyes, and this one in particular in no exception. Misaka was ambitious in grabbing Misaki's boobs during her rant, which made her all the more depressed afterwards. That cracked me up! XD

We're finally getting into the heart of the doppelganger arc and while cyborgs isn't new, the way the episode explained about splitting a human in half and using cyborg parts for replace the other half for them both, then after a year, reattach the human and cyborg back to their original bodies sounds rather disturbing when you really think about it.

I'm also happy that the Scavenger group are back again. After getting their backsides whooped by Accelerator in his spin-off series, the group are in the last chance saloon, so I do forward to seeing their interactions, and fighting, in animation once more. =D
Aug 28, 2020 1:05 PM

Jan 2019
Many great Misaka & Misaki moments in this episode. Always love the dynamics between the two. Misaka now understands the power of big oppai.

This time, it seems like the endgame has started and the mystery behind Indian Poker and Kuriba will slowly, but surely be revealed.

I also appreciate the addition of Mitori and Dolly in the anime, as the manga only showed Mitori's puppet making an appearance.

Scavengers are back! Yeah, didn't like them much in Accelerator, but they're actually pretty cool in Dream Ranker, especially Leader. The mention of them getting their asses kicked was funny.
Aug 28, 2020 1:17 PM

Apr 2015
Misaka and Misaki area great together! That depression after Misaka grabbed Misaki's boobs was priceless. I love how long Misaka continued about them, that was a pretty fine oppai review though ;) I am pleased to see Mitori and Dolly again!

oh yes, Misaka in casual clothing is back! I love that look (different look than in the Sisters Arc), it is always so refreshing after all these times in her school uniform!

The whole soul talk was pretty interesting and finally I get to see/hear more about this girl in the OP. Interesting theories about her, especially the soul being split with the body and stuff. The cyborg escapes and the human girl doesn't seem to be a bad person.

_MushiRock11_ said:

For those who need more clarification on the timeline dealing with the Scavenger group by the way, check out @toaru_project over on Twitter. They have a post there which is very helpful.

I didn't really recognize the Scavenger group and what happened to them with Accelerator. But that's my fault for not watching the Accelerator spin-off. But it was rather helpful to understand this better. Thanks!
Aug 28, 2020 1:25 PM

Aug 2009
Scavenger trying to look like hot stuff is always hilarious.

They can't do shit if the enemy isnt just some Anti skill.

Maybe if their debut wasn't in the Accelerator spin off it would have left a better impression.
Aug 28, 2020 1:34 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
CeddyyBearr said:
I didn't really recognize the Scavenger group and what happened to them with Accelerator. But that's my fault for not watching the Accelerator spin-off. But it was rather helpful to understand this better. Thanks!

Sure, no problems! I was hoping it’d help people like you, so it’s my pleasure. I reckon you should keep up with the account by the way. they share useful tid-bits on the general timeline and more every now and then.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 28, 2020 4:24 PM

Aug 2019
that boob grab by Misaka was top tier.
Aug 28, 2020 5:58 PM

May 2019
The first part of the episode was quite funny, is always good watching Misaka and Misaki needle each other.

We are faced with an interesting dilemma: can the Doppelganger possess a soul? In the second part of the episode, the Doppelganger realizes that she is not human and escapes from the laboratory. Misaka and Misaki find the original Kuriba and explain the situation to her. These three girls will have to join forces to stop the Doppelganger madness, before someone worse does it.

_MushiRock11_ said:

We're finally in the final whims of the series now, and here's to hoping it'll end in style! To think that this first aired in Jan. though, what an eventful year we've had.

Thanks for the info! I quite liked the Scavenger group in the Accelerator spinoff, and it will be nice to see more about the most useless dark side group. The final climax is here, it is being a very good season, what a pity that we only have 4 chapters left.
Aug 28, 2020 6:28 PM

Nov 2019
misaka-9982 said:
Many great Misaka & Misaki moments in this episode. Always love the dynamics between the two. Misaka now understands the power of big oppai.

This time, it seems like the endgame has started and the mystery behind Indian Poker and Kuriba will slowly, but surely be revealed.

I also appreciate the addition of Mitori and Dolly in the anime, as the manga only showed Mitori's puppet making an appearance.

Scavengers are back! Yeah, didn't like them much in Accelerator, but they're actually pretty cool in Dream Ranker, especially Leader. The mention of them getting their asses kicked was funny.

Dream Ranker? What is this another spinoff manga? Or just an arc?
Aug 28, 2020 6:54 PM

Jan 2019
YggdraSEED said:
misaka-9982 said:

That's the name of the arc lol.
Aug 28, 2020 7:45 PM

Nov 2019
misaka-9982 said:
YggdraSEED said:

That's the name of the arc lol.

Ahh fuck, yeah just realized, been years since I read this arc
Aug 29, 2020 1:07 AM

Jul 2013
Gouranga on why Misaki was acting the way she was early on this episode:
https://twitter.com/gouranga_/status/1299378035628503041

Basically what it says is this: So it turns out that the reason why Misaki was acting so aggressive and insulting towards Mikoto this morning is because she found out that Mikoto had a date with Touma on 30th September and managed to get his phone number when they went to get the pair phone contract and she's just a tad jealous.

Razor was the one who ran it through some online translators and then checked it with someone who does actual translation work so yeah
And here's his small facts that he does every week for the series (which is where I got this stuff regarding Misaki/Mikoto/Touma): https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/ii9wuj/toaru_kagaku_no_railgun_t_episode_21_discussion/g378oh7?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Aug 29, 2020 1:16 AM

Jan 2013
Damn, what a deep episode this was. It's kinda sad, the whole story involving the cyborg girl.

It's probably obvious that Misaki is up to something, now we just have to find out if it's a "good" thing or no...

Glad that they reminded us that Accelerator kicked those kids asses, now i hope they will fail again.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 29, 2020 3:39 AM

Aug 2009
SandyBoi said:
Gouranga on why Misaki was acting the way she was early on this episode:
https://twitter.com/gouranga_/status/1299378035628503041

Basically what it says is this: So it turns out that the reason why Misaki was acting so aggressive and insulting towards Mikoto this morning is because she found out that Mikoto had a date with Touma on 30th September and managed to get his phone number when they went to get the pair phone contract and she's just a tad jealous.

Razor was the one who ran it through some online translators and then checked it with someone who does actual translation work so yeah
And here's his small facts that he does every week for the series (which is where I got this stuff regarding Misaki/Mikoto/Touma): https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/ii9wuj/toaru_kagaku_no_railgun_t_episode_21_discussion/g378oh7?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

How much love Railgun's adaptations get is so unfair.

Havent seen so much good fanservice and care for lore outside Ufotable's Fates.
Aug 29, 2020 7:50 AM

Feb 2014
Glad to see Scavenger again...
Aug 29, 2020 1:47 PM

Aug 2020
SCAVENGEEEER

Fuck yes lmao
how did i get here;
Aug 29, 2020 3:37 PM

Jul 2013
ssjokg said:

How much love Railgun's adaptations get is so unfair.

Havent seen so much good fanservice and care for lore outside Ufotable's Fates.

You can say that again. *sighs*
Really wish Index anime was treated better but, not much we can do about that.
Aug 29, 2020 6:05 PM
Mar 2015
Doppleganger running around Academy City
Aug 29, 2020 10:27 PM

Aug 2017
Scavengers were really humiliated in the Accel anime, at least they're ok after that lol. So we have to deal with themes of souls and robots now, nice.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 29, 2020 11:54 PM

Dec 2017
Huh, Mikoto acting like that at the start? Did Kuroko or Touma influence her too much (though really if it was Touma she'd fall on him and he'd just sit there).

Doppleganger huh, guess it really is a "Dual Existence"

And it's the girls from the Accel anime.
Objectivity? In my anime scoring? Of course not...
Aug 30, 2020 7:58 AM

May 2015
Dark souls everywhere
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 30, 2020 3:59 PM

Jun 2020
Oh my God! This is getting intriguing!
A lot of happening for both Misaka and Shokuhou this time!
I might find it as intriguing stuff there. I don't want to spoil.

Anyway, the boob scene was very great, especially when the tsundere behaviour of both have prevailed hahaha.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE! REEEEEEEEE!
Aug 30, 2020 4:17 PM

Oct 2008
that professor has the similar haircut/style of Kuseno Hakase haha lolz
i remember those girls who had a nerve to engage Accelerator! so they are back in action again huh!? time to spice-up things!
4/5.

Aug 31, 2020 12:58 PM

May 2014
Who's the child at the begining? Kana? I don't remember her.

Dunno why I thought of this but Misaka grabbing Misaski's boobs bothered me a little... Maybe anime making a joke out of this and normalizing it for the male fantasy is what drives some of those Japanese perverts to sexually harass females in real life and why Japan has such a big problem about this over there.

Maybe I'm overthinking this but it's still probably the person's fault for doing whatever he does I guess.

Great episode once again. Loved the interactions and concept. Ever since they appeared in the opening I've been waiting for this group to make a comeback. I hope they do a better showing this time.

Aug 31, 2020 2:13 PM

Aug 2009
[quote=ZoroZoldyck message=60609205]
Dunno why I thought of this but Misaka grabbing Misaski's boobs bothered me a little... Maybe anime making a joke out of this and normalizing it for the male fantasy is what drives some of those Japanese perverts to sexually harass females in real life and why Japan has such a big problem about this over there.

Maybe I'm overthinking this but it's still probably the person's fault for doing whatever he does I guess.
[quote]

Noone is normalizing anything. Believe it or not, same sex "sexual harassment" between peers exists from gradeschool to even after collage workforce for decades, and most people dont care about it beyond it being an annoyance while they work. And none of them, OR the actual perverts that run around sexually harassing women, started doing that because of some cartoons.

And the joke wasnt her grabbing her boobs but the shattering of her last hops that they were fake. It wasnt even sexual.

Sep 1, 2020 3:03 PM

Apr 2015
they tried I guess. but really soul is plenty easy to explain.

synonyms would be consciousness, the driver of the car, the person behind the vagina/penus, the white thing that leaves the mouth the moment a human dies.

and before you say anything about the last one, just take note that there was a time where death is an everyday occurrence. I'm talking of WW1 where soldiers report this phenomenon when one of their own dies. it's to the point where it got into animation. and I'm strictly talking about the very old shows like Bugs Bunny or Tom and Jerry. if these animators and ex-soldiers of WW1 just HAD to depict this phenomenon in animated form, well first of all they have no reason to lie about it. nor their shows isn't anything good when compared to current year standards, let alone this was a recession of sorts. I imagine there's really nothing political or anything beyond what they just saw in their own eyes. I can only imagine how horrible that moment was for them. something we'll probably never experience in current year.

anyway that's how I will explain a soul. splitting a soul is just too much. it's almost disrespectful in a way really.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Sep 4, 2020 2:34 AM

Mar 2015
ZoroZoldyck said:

This isn't just some sort of anime thing, girls irl also do shit like this, hell even guys among guys also sexually harass each other as a joke depending on where you live. And no this isn't limited to kids, this could go on from high school to even college.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2020 9:25 AM

Feb 2020
Yasss Misaki x Misaka. I've always shipped these two. Hope they end up together, although yea it's very unlikely cuz Touma and Kuroko ahaha
a really troublesome girl just showed up at a troubling time to start some trouble.
Sep 6, 2020 1:10 PM

Jul 2009
I am loving this arc! So interesting, better than the other arc.
Oct 2, 2020 11:45 PM

Dec 2013
That sounds like a terrifying experiment.

The return of ponytail Misaka!
Oct 22, 2020 10:57 AM

Nov 2016
Pretty neat exposition episode, was really equally interesting and amusing.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 23, 2021 10:51 AM

Jan 2013
Really interesting episode.
I've always loved the philosophical questions that question what really makes a human a ... human, this episode satisfied that itch a lot!
Mar 6, 2021 7:12 AM

Sep 2012
Shonichixx said:
Yasss Misaki x Misaka. I've always shipped these two. Hope they end up together, although yea it's very unlikely cuz Touma and Kuroko ahaha

both are heads over heels over Touma

part of Toumas Harem :D
Mar 30, 2021 2:45 PM

Feb 2007
Just couldn't resist...

Apr 13, 2021 7:50 AM

Jul 2017
A part of me feels like too much is going on with the cards, and souls and cyborgs now with so many different little factions with tons of varieties of goals. But I'm intrigued to see how they connect and if Railgun can nail that, the Dream Ranker arc would be worth it then. But it is tricky to see how everything would connect with having the buildup be worth it since the story does seem a bit all over the place right now. Do enjoy Misaki and Mikoto's interactions though, their awkward chemistry clicks really well and the concept at least of cyborgs and souls was interesting to be a part of the arc I'm willing to give a shot.
Jun 30, 2021 10:46 AM

Aug 2018
That's at least the second time I hear this season that Misaka has muscles for brains.. Is that - what kind of character Misaka is?.. As I have difficulty, really, to put her in some category.. How I'd be able to describe her in shorter words.. But muscles for brains?.. Not really, if to compare with true characters like that.. Maybe she's not standing out heroine, protagonist type, or something.. But she also doesn't feel like protagonist type either.. I don't really know, how to describe Mikoto in short, to be honest.. Or in long.. Like I could describe, what she did, said, or something in some things.. But it's not giving me feel of understanding her, to be honest..
Ah, ok, so muscles for brains again said Misaki.. So it's again only her opinion again..
Well, it seems that Misaki is having that guard working for her on a regular basis.. Maybe.. Maybe he's also working for other people, who knows - maybe to whoever will give price.. I have no idea..
Hm.. So now experimenters can create mind, I guess?.. Well, they use word soul, but I don't think that soul is just mind, and what I see here is more of a mind, rather than soul.. Soul - something unexplainable, it feels to me.. But that's my personal feel.. What I see here - that this dopelganger has a mind.. Can think on it's own.. Can use senses.. And other stuff.. This is what mind does.. And what soul does - I have no idea.. That's why I don't like the concept being called soul.. I guess I'll have to take it as so, but without explanation, what is soul - I won't be able to accept that experimenters created soul.. Because that's just some mystical concept.. We are scientists here or what?.. Why use such questionable concept?..
Feb 3, 2022 10:55 AM

Apr 2013
Misaki really must have sugoi oppai for Misaka to be that impressed lol. Ah I remember those 4 kids from Accelerator's adaption, I think?
Dec 17, 2022 11:38 AM

Aug 2019
the child speaking "the truth" was funny but i still dont like the blonde girl despite the dolly backstory. but its cool to see the scavengers again in the next eps after they got destroyed by accelerator
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2023 1:02 PM

May 2020
Misaka got a chance to grab those honkers.. she's super lucky yes. Also hey I just noticed Misaka's the only female level 5 who doesn't have a huge bust :( Misaki and Mugino have beaten her quite comprehensively in that regard lol.

By the way nothing to get amazed about with the nature of experiments people have gone through in academy city at this point. Kind of heavy explanations, but we'll see.

Also that group of clowns is back whom Accelerator fucking humiliated in his series? Lol.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2020

92 by StateofOhayo »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

127 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2020

105 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:03 PM

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

10 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

56 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.