Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 31, 2020 7:14 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the saved a lot of people this time with the power if the child but it seems his powers came at a cost.
It was said to see his classmate resenting him over his predictions even tho he had good intentions.
Tho the influence on his brain was worse.

Anyway it's good to see things got solved but now there is the mystery on the Indian poker thing.
Jul 31, 2020 7:14 AM

Nov 2007
Trying out with the boy's ability in front of them. approved that the moving ability can avoid what he saw to happen.

But such many happening. Though not all.

Using too much causing him weak bodied... Two cases in same area. Big case?

New cases and it's in whole area...

Little girl who bullied him was one of the case he saw, but cannot prevent and she is blaming him. He was also afraid of the stray dog he got along to get involved.

So she already saw that thing stuck near the trees that has cherry blossom. Wanting to develop chemical to have cherry blossom to bloom all year, but at the same time became dangerous chemical.

She is like him huh.

Main girl returns next ep. and Bust Upper?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 31, 2020 7:53 AM

Jul 2012
Small arc for Kuroko is done and doggie is saved!

Kinuhata coming back next time with the battle over Indian poker =/
Jul 31, 2020 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
That kid Miyama ability reminds me of an older show I used to watch and quite a useful one for Academy City given the unnatural incidents that can happen.

Really glad to see Kuroko get some spotlight to fight the good fight tbh.
Jul 31, 2020 8:17 AM
Jun 2017
good episode with kuroko solve the kid problem

can't wait to see frenda in action >o<
rasa007Jul 31, 2020 8:26 AM
Jul 31, 2020 8:56 AM
May 2020
So could we expect next episode to see a new remasterd fight of Acelerator vs Black Matter because Index 3 didn't do it that well...

Or maybe some later episodes I hope so...
Well..

Jul 31, 2020 10:20 AM

Aug 2013
We got a Kuroko episode. She really outdid herself.

Everything ended well for Miyama which is a good thing.

Jul 31, 2020 10:22 AM

Jun 2016
A beautiful episode which ended up with a happy kid and puppy saved. I approve 👍
Miyama is a cool kid and Kuroko deserves cheers 👏👏 Just fantastic episode. I await the next one and looks like we'll see Misaka and Saten again and one of the members of ITEM.
Izuru_Kamukura10Jul 31, 2020 10:30 AM
Gift by Mimurona

Jul 31, 2020 10:26 AM

Feb 2019
Perro was by far the highlight of this episode. So glad he’s ok and getting a nice home. Nice wholesome episode.

Kuroko blushing was a nice bonus as well. Friday’s with Railgun just hit different.
Jul 31, 2020 10:27 AM

Jan 2019
Nice episode.
Shows how Kuroko is a good girl.

I'm sad they removed the funny moments at the end in the park with Uiharu tho.
Jul 31, 2020 10:48 AM

Jan 2008
An entire episode of Kuroko with no "onee-sama" and intense doggo saving music.

Its been a while since the previous seasons so I can't remember every character but was the kid's ability the only we've seen that requires a man-made device to work? Unlike some we've seen like those that simply help channel or stabilize ones ability, the camera doesn't seem so much it assists his ability rather than it's required to work at all, unless he sees them himself even without the camera and the camera is only used the provide a physical image for others. Couldn't help but think his ability was a bit off from the norm.
Jul 31, 2020 10:55 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
PSA: When you go to confront your piece-of-scum two-faced two-timing boyfriend, leave the kitchen knife at home. The police much prefer it when you just pepper spray them (plus unless you're really good with a knife, that will hurt more anyway with far fewer legal consequences.)

Uiharu's casual hacking of government utilities is fantastic. You've got to love an innocent girl wearing a white hat.

Misaka didn't make a showing in this episode, but whose to say that some earlier abuse of a vending machine wasn't part of the cause of the problem in the first place?
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jul 31, 2020 11:01 AM

Oct 2017
So we have a future member of judgement now and he's a nice kid with a really helpful power to boot.

XD Uiharu is such an innoncent devil, she hacked into the satelite monitoring system like it was nothing.

There were some touching scenes in this episode, Kuroko was pretty cool. Also the dream ranker/ Indian poker mystery intensifies.
Jul 31, 2020 11:43 AM

May 2020
Paul said:

Its been a while since the previous seasons so I can't remember every character but was the kid's ability the only we've seen that requires a man-made device to work? Unlike some we've seen like those that simply help channel or stabilize ones ability, the camera doesn't seem so much it assists his ability rather than it's required to work at all, unless he sees them himself even without the camera and the camera is only used the provide a physical image for others. Couldn't help but think his ability was a bit off from the norm.
Well Shokuho had that machine to boost her power, and even so she uses that remote of hers. So that's also someone who seems to depend on man-made devices.
I'm autistic, male and Norweigan
Jul 31, 2020 12:02 PM

Jul 2015
I will be incredibly upset if someone still dislikes Kuroko after this episode, I like her so much and hearing negative comments about her hurts me q_q

Such a fantastic episode! I'm so weak towards feels where doggos are involved so tearing up with the events that happened was no surprise, even the bitchy girl got redeemed at the end for a short story filled with wholesomeness and lots of emotions.

I'm 100% sure someone commented that already, but Perro = Dog in Spanish, got a chuckle out of me and I can't deny it.
Jul 31, 2020 12:06 PM

Apr 2014
Another awesome episode and this time focused only on Kuroko. Good job on saving the doggo, Kuroko. And we should really not underestimate Uiharu's h̶a̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ skills.
Jul 31, 2020 12:18 PM

Feb 2014
You've got to love it when the pure an innocent Uiharu hacks into the satellite monitoring system like it was nothing. XD

Either way, this episode was mainly focused on Kuroko and although Misaka didn't appear at all, this episode was still wholesome and great. =D

Kuroko, Mii and Uiharu worked flawlessly as they were able to rescue all of the citizens in the park when the fire broke out and Kuroko went the extra mile, again with Mii and Uiharu assisting, so that they could rescue Perro the dog safe and sound.

After all of that and how Kuroko blushed as she spoke to the lad about her champion of justice, you can't help but like her. She might be crazily in love with Misaka, but this episode proves just how much of a good girl Kuroko can be. =3

The next episode has Misaka returning and, based on the title alone, I can say that there'll be plenty of funny moments that most users here will enjoy. XD
Jul 31, 2020 12:30 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty cool episode featuring Kuroko as the protagonist here. I'm a huge fan of hers, albeit lesser than that of Misaka's, but this is definitely one of my favourite episodes from the season.

Seeing the usual crew in Judgement coming over to assist in this mission was a nice addition. Kuroko's got to be one of the top officers for sure so it was nice to see confirmation on that.

Miyama and Kuroko certainly make a great team and I'm looking to more of their detective works. All for a puppy though, that's really sweet and got me a little teary-eyed ngl.

Back to the crust of the Dream Ranker next, one would imagine. Sakura petals and seemingly harmless containers under influence sounds like a real hassle.

Meta_Yoshi said:
You've got to love it when the pure an innocent Uiharu hacks into the satellite monitoring system like it was nothing. XD

Lol, I know right! Life comes first, that's not wrong at all.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 31, 2020 1:30 PM

Jan 2008
Querez8504 said:
Paul said:

Well Shokuho had that machine to boost her power, and even so she uses that remote of hers. So that's also someone who seems to depend on man-made devices.

I do recall reading something, i think it was someone else posts, about how she can use her ability without remotes but it's just difficult and using a remote simply narrows down what she wants to do with her ability.
Jul 31, 2020 1:44 PM

May 2012
A fantastic episode with Kuroko taking the spotlight. Sometimes I find her annoying when she goes all "Onee-samaaa!" mode whenever she's with Mikoto. But when an episode shows her daily routines in Judgement, she is a great character and this episode really did her well.
Next episode's title tells me there is going to be some weird and funny stuff again before the storm is brewing.

Jul 31, 2020 2:18 PM
Aug 2016
Cute episode, and the precognition photos having different colors seem to tie them with the Indian poker phenomenon that appears to be the focus of this arc.
Could be fun to have dreams of the future in the next episodes.

That being said...
What the heck is wrong with you, Kuroko? Not only are you causing explosions in a place where the smoke prevents you from being certain there's no civilian around, but on top of that abandoning your teammate right there, even though there could be more plant ampules ready to go kaboom?!
Jul 31, 2020 2:53 PM

Apr 2015
The dog was saved!!

This episode, one where Misaka was not featured at all, was amazing! Was nice to see Kuroko and Uiharu in the spotlight with Miyama also being the key for this little sub-plot arc! Kuroko really shined this episode!

It does come back to the whole Indian Poker (Dream Ranker) thing after all.

"Bust Upper", Next week is gonna be great already XD This upcoming week needs to fly by like crazy, can't wait!
Jul 31, 2020 3:09 PM

Nov 2019
Kuroko has acquired a Judgement task cut out for her abilities. This episode actually highlighted everything you actually like of Kuroko. Miyama is such a nice kid, he will surely join Judgement in the future; I hope his anemia gets treated.

Nice callback to the Academy City Invasion Arc in Index. Else, there would have been a plot hole.

Overall, felt like an enjoyable episode for a manga reader.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jul 31, 2020 4:22 PM

May 2019
In this episode Misaka did not come out and they gave more attention to Kuroko and the boy with the premonitions. It seems that Kuroko's power can affect his premonitions by changing the future.

Although the boy initially developed the app to discover someone who could change his premonitions and save a dog, little by little he develops the feeling of justice. A good ending with Kuroko urging him to join Judgment in the future, when he'd be able to better control his powers.

On the other hand, what caused the fire incident in the park were flammable fertilizers. It seems that the idea of ​​Indian Poker is not only to share dreams with your friends, but to cause innocent people to unconsciously commit criminal or dangerous acts without having to get your hands dirty.

We will see how it develops in the following chapters!
Jul 31, 2020 5:48 PM

Dec 2015
Paul said:
Querez8504 said:

I do recall reading something, i think it was someone else posts, about how she can use her ability without remotes but it's just difficult and using a remote simply narrows down what she wants to do with her ability.

Yeah, she doesn't need the remote. It's just easier to target someone with it.
Jul 31, 2020 5:51 PM

Dec 2015
TheDegenerate said:
So could we expect next episode to see a new remasterd fight of Acelerator vs Black Matter because Index 3 didn't do it that well...

Or maybe some later episodes I hope so...

Unfortunately there'll be no Accel vs dark matter fight in this arc, this arc intersect with battle royal arc later on but won't feature any scenes from it, just like they talked about the Vento/0930 incident in this episode but didn't show anything from that arc.
Jul 31, 2020 6:11 PM

Aug 2019
Everytime a new opening comes out it’s always better than the last.
Jul 31, 2020 6:55 PM

Jun 2012
Kuruko DEFIES FATE, saves countless lives, and fights through a raging inferno to save a dog.

This was a great episode.

Some thoughts

DunsparceFanboy said:

What the heck is wrong with you, Kuroko? Not only are you causing explosions in a place where the smoke prevents you from being certain there's no civilian around, but on top of that abandoning your teammate right there, even though there could be more plant ampules ready to go kaboom?!

I think she confirmed there was no one else around with Mii's help. But it was pretty irresponsible of her to just teleport out and leave Mii to die in a fire .
Shoot first, think never.
Jul 31, 2020 9:11 PM

Jun 2017
September 27th huh, only 3 days before the infamous 0930 incident happened. Ok, now I'm interested in Railgun.
Jul 31, 2020 9:55 PM
Mar 2015
Judgment saves the future
Aug 1, 2020 12:53 AM

Aug 2018
This ep highlights how smart the duo of Kuroko and Uiharu

Imagine if Miyama join the Judgement one day when he able to use that power in his full potential combine with power of Miss Konori, Kuroko and hacking ability of Uiharu, what an OP group lol

Also this shows Railgun can stand an episode on its own without Misaka because on how great the other characters in this series

Kuroko on work: calm, cool and very mature
Kuroko on dayoff: ONEESAMAAAAAA!

easy 5/5 episode!
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Aug 1, 2020 2:31 AM

Aug 2009
Malfin said:
September 27th huh, only 3 days before the infamous 0930 incident happened. Ok, now I'm interested in Railgun.

They fucked up. September 27 is the day of one of those incidents Miyama predicted, not the day they get in to their office. It is already October 4th when the broadcast references the attack on the 30th.
Aug 1, 2020 4:22 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Didn't expected this mini arc to be so damn good. I thought Miyama's gonna be a villain, turns out he's a good boy who just wants to change bad future. And his ability together with Kuroko's is such a good combo that it makes me wanna ship them.
Aug 1, 2020 5:27 AM

Jun 2017
ssjokg said:

They fucked up. September 27 is the day of one of those incidents Miyama predicted, not the day they get in to their office. It is already October 4th when the broadcast references the attack on the 30th.

Oh, well then

Still curious to see Kakine in the next arc tho
Aug 1, 2020 9:03 AM

Nov 2019
ssjokg said:
Malfin said:

It was probably 3rd October at most when that broadcast first happened. Cause when they checked the fire prediction of 4th October, they said "tomorrow afternoon".
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Aug 1, 2020 9:08 AM

Aug 2009
Laplace_kun said:
ssjokg said:

It was probably 3rd October at most when that broadcast first happened. Cause when they checked the fire prediction of 4th October, they said "tomorrow afternoon".

I must have missed that.
Aug 1, 2020 12:24 PM

Aug 2013
Nice to see some characterization of Kuroko.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 1, 2020 12:44 PM

May 2015
Dogoo was saved. 10/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 1, 2020 4:30 PM

Oct 2008
Kuroko blushed so cute!
4/5.

Aug 1, 2020 4:55 PM

Aug 2008
Filler episode... meh
3/5
Aug 1, 2020 8:04 PM

Dec 2012
Man Kuroko is actually best girl
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Aug 2, 2020 2:05 AM
Sep 2019
I really loved kuroko this episode. Its nice to see it has started again considering 1st episode came back in january (according to my not so good memory)
Aug 2, 2020 7:14 AM

Jan 2019
derliss said:
Filler episode... meh
3/5
That's not filler episode.
Aug 2, 2020 2:23 PM

May 2014
I loved the focus on Kuroko and I liked the development of the kid as well. Very enjoyable episode!

Aug 2, 2020 4:56 PM

Aug 2017
I think it's been a long time since they focused on an episode where Misaka doesn't appear except fillers. By mentioning the mass unconsciousness event, almost all the events of Index's second season have passed. About the episode, that child's ability is quite dangerous but useful and at the same time it is quite hard for someone of his age that type of ability. I also appreciate that Kuroko, Uiharu and Judgment work together on this case. 5/5
NurguburuAug 3, 2020 12:18 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 2, 2020 8:21 PM

Dec 2010
ahhh yesss the highly anticipated Bust Upper arc is finally coming next week!!!

YAY!!! More Misaka and super girl (If I remember right)
Aug 6, 2020 5:18 PM

Feb 2012
ah, that was my favorite episode so far!
Aug 7, 2020 2:40 AM
Sep 2013
As usual very stable episode from railgun, even from s1 this anime pace always got me. They didnt seems like too slow to make u bored or too fast to make u confused. Its just well-maked. Impatient to wait for the next episode
Aug 9, 2020 4:13 AM

Jul 2017
Good tsundere expression from Kuroko
G
Aug 9, 2020 9:04 AM

Nov 2014
I loved it. Nice and hearthwarming, with no dark twists or overly dramatic backstories. And doggo is alive. Perfect.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2020

92 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 25, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

127 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2020

105 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:03 PM

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

10 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

56 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.