Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 9 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 30, 2020 10:19 PM

Jan 2013
This anime is the inverted harem xD Finally Anne confirmed that all of them have real feelings for her hahaha what a harem they are building xD

I wonder if Katarina will realize till the end of the season that there is no more a risc for a doom flag, at least from her friends. Hope there will be a next season so that i can see Katarina's face when she realizes that everyone loves her lmao

Anne's background story was really great, never expected them to deliver this.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 30, 2020 11:16 PM

Dec 2013
It was really nice to have some more screen time for Anne.

I feel bad for everyone at the end. RIP.
May 30, 2020 11:27 PM
Jan 2011
Hamefura is the only anime that makes me cry in the first half, and laugh out loud in the second half! Loved the episode! xD
May 30, 2020 11:56 PM

Jul 2017
OOH, having some screentime for Anne, the unrecognized maid, servant and friend to Bakarina...meanwhile the harem-maker continues her endeavours, whilst confirming the desires of all's loves towards Catarina.

A slumber party amongst the clique of princes and princesses...it really sounds very foreign, but since it's an activity to get to know each other better...I mean, sure, the hell why not?

Understanding Anne's backstory though...it's awful that the noble life really took a toll on her physical and mental being, but with Katarina she'd learn to let go of her past, protect her from being "a marriage tool" and give her the wings of freedom. *senses another harem-making in the process* Good intentions gone right, that's for sure.

Once again, ANOTHER letter from Bakarina to fiance Prince Geordo...but just as with the last, it always ends up delivering and reciprocating wrong feelings (of getting everyone onboard), and to help her out in gardening...WHAAAA HAHA LOLS...forever so oblivious.

And finally...getting to the long-drawn arc, "The Footsteps of Destruction" for the final quarter of the show! Can't wait to see how this'll happen next week.
May 31, 2020 12:01 AM
Nov 2014
Best episode yet because of Anne
May 31, 2020 12:22 AM
Nov 2019
How dense a person can be 🤣🤣🤣 but overall amazing and funny episode
May 31, 2020 12:25 AM

Oct 2008
very nice episode! especially the Maid arc!
5/5.

May 31, 2020 12:25 AM
Dec 2009
EVEN THE MAID IS NOT SAFE!? Goddamn Bakarina, learn to control your power! and it is something kinks when your have pajama party and start talking about eggplant.

btw, is this calm before storm or it will always be like this till Ep. 12. I hope it remain peaceful like this
May 31, 2020 12:32 AM

Jul 2016
Would have loved to see Katarina going to the girls night with that eggplant pajama xD

Well, was expecting more harem shenanigans with Anne but got another tragic backstory with extremely wholesome conclusion at the end. Honestly, it was like finding gold instead of silver. Totally loved it.

Overall, another good episode though Anne saying she prefers to stay forever by Katarina's side instead of getting married and forming a family was still a bit sad to know. For me at least.
SouthRzVaMay 31, 2020 12:38 AM
May 31, 2020 12:34 AM

Jul 2016
024 said:
Ahw why didn’t Catarina go for her original chosen pajama.. And how did the girls night end? *insert lenny face*

With Maria, Sophia and Mary playing rock-paper-scissors to see who gets the closest bed to their beloved idiot, of course :D
May 31, 2020 12:53 AM

Dec 2018
The filler episodes had me losing hope for a bit, but Bakarina and her beautiful heart has won me all over again, just as it has everyone else.

This was by far and away my favorite episode yet.

But I've got to say, I am really starting to worry she may actually be mentally challenged, no wonder the prince still considered her to be scarred.
If I could be an expert in just one arcane,
and madness inducing field of study,
it would be you.
May 31, 2020 1:11 AM
Apr 2020
I like this episode! Anne is like a mother to Katarina, she basically witnessed everything that happened in Katarina's life. This episode shows why Katarina is so popular with a certain group of people, it's primarily because of her kindness. However, how kind Katarina can be, there are other people who still hates her. Apparently, it was reversed; because she's now the kind Katarina, she's now the one being attacked.

May 31, 2020 1:44 AM

Dec 2011
This episode was my favorite. I love the story of the maid that made me tear up a bit and the last part was funny.
May 31, 2020 3:01 AM
Jun 2017
reverse harem , yuri,... yeah... lets see where she ends up with... hahaha
May 31, 2020 3:32 AM

Feb 2014
I really couldn't care less if this episode was another filler or not, since this episode was really good.

The main focus was on Katarina's personal maid, Anne. From her position, she can easily tell just how popular Katarina is and how much everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, loves her.

I was concerned after seeing Anne's arm which showed an old injury and her backstory shed light on that. Not only did she lose her mother to a fire, which explains her injury on her arm, but her father only saw her as nothing more than a tool.

Anne was accepted into the Claes family as a maid and looked over Katarina, but things only started to change after Katarina's accident. Not only did Katarina really care and had fun with Anne, but she came to her defence when Anne's father turned up years later, wanting to marry Anne off, while still calling her "damaged goods".

This scene was excellent, as it showed just how much Anne really cares for Katarina. When she says that she'll follow Katarina wherever she goes, you can easily tell that Anne means what she says. =D

The rest of the episode was fun, too, with the pyjama party for the girls throwing out some funny moments, mainly from Mary as usual, and Geordo getting duped into helping out Katarina in her vegetable gardens, along with everyone else. All of them even got the same present as well, which was amusing. XD

However, if the post-credit scene is anything to go by, I think the fun times time be put on hold for now. Those jealous hags really have it out for Katarina, so I do look forward to seeing what happens next.
May 31, 2020 6:05 AM

Jun 2016
nice episode !!!

they give catarina same scissors LOL
May 31, 2020 6:59 AM

Jul 2013
Loved this episode. It was nice to see the harem from the eyes of someone unrelated to the plot and more of Catarina's shonen-protagonist-personality influence.
I died laughing but the absolute win for me was when Mary said she wants to be reborn as a man of higher social status than Geordo and when Sofia asked what would Catarina like to do with her loved one (so she could inform her brother lol).
Poor Geordo at the end! And also it seems that the villainess destiny is coming to haunt Catarina.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
May 31, 2020 7:59 AM

Apr 2013
Still only halfway through the episode but finally an episode that follows the light novel.

Edit* Finished the episode (and another anime) lol

But this was by far the most enjoyable episode for me. All the content was from the light novels.
duderusMay 31, 2020 8:42 AM

May 31, 2020 8:55 AM

Oct 2014
Although this episode wasn't as funny as the prior ones, I loved Anne's backstory. Bakarina may be a dumbass but she's such a kind and compassionate person. Lovely seeing the gang get together again. Mary is still best suitor.
May 31, 2020 9:05 AM

Apr 2012
I did not really like this episode, we had no real new things (we don't care about Anne...) aside of the confirmation we have a gigantic harem & that Mary's plan are terrific !

In my opinion an episode that they could have ditched, and that could have began with the outro of this episode.
May 31, 2020 10:30 AM

Aug 2013
It was good to learn about Anne backstory and it was sad. Nice to know that Katarina was there for her.

Poor Geordo. He wasn't the only one that was sent a letter.

That ending tho... she must have raised a flag.

May 31, 2020 11:06 AM

May 2019
The ending, so finally the plot is going back to its rails, right?

Hope it doesnt be rushed in these 3 last episodes. This show have GREAT potential about comedic romance, comedic intrigues, and why not a touch of comedic drama?

But it is stuck in the same jokes. The chances of a second season are becoming small as the size of coronavirus...
May 31, 2020 12:05 PM

Dec 2016
KitsuYurikano said:
I love this Harem, but the problem with a Harem story is that in the end they only have to choose one. I mean, it’s the sad reality, you won’t be able to keep everyone.

To be fair you are talking about "old" harems, now there is more and more harem stories with polygamy relationships like Arifureta, Hachi-nan tte are a few examples of this.

Even Mother's basement in his early review thinks that all characters in this harem fit perfectly/enough that they all could live togered with Bakarina.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
May 31, 2020 12:37 PM

Dec 2016
For someone who send his own daughter to the trash and after some years forcing her for marriage... is he for real?? Gladly Catarina was there for Ann and defended her till the end. That's a beautiful relashionship <3 Catarina's a good girl!

Omg! The boy's are hopeless without Catarina around XD I was very surprised to hear Keith saying he doesn't know how to bring conversation without her. Cute!

Nice episode! The non-friendly girls are ready to attack her by exposing her... I wonder what they'll up to >_>;
PurpleGirl203May 31, 2020 12:44 PM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 31, 2020 6:32 PM

Mar 2012
Not that I don't think meaningful plot can happen in the span of 3 episodes, but I think I'm bound to be disappointed by the end of this season. So far there's just been no meaningful tension in this series. Every bit of potential conflict is resolved in short order and it's been the same harem bits for a while now. This episode is at least better with the Anne's story but not sure how much we'll get out of what's happening next. I mean, what can these people do to Katarina...
May 31, 2020 7:06 PM

Jan 2016
It was a good episode. Anne's backstory was sweet, finally someone noticed everyone's in love with Katarina.
I'd really like to know what happened at the boys' party hahaha

The lack of conflict in the recent episodes is kind of bothering me. Everything goes so well, nothing moves forward, and it stopped focusing on Katarina's efforts to avoid the bad endings, but despite that, it's still highly enjoyable. Hope something more interesting will happen over the last 3 episodes.
May 31, 2020 9:06 PM

Feb 2019
An unexpected episode on Anne, and I completely loved it!

What a sad backstory for Anne. Being born an illegitimate daughter, her mother dying in an accident, and then subsequently being abandoned by her bastard of a father. If Catarina hadn't regained her previous life memories, Anne's life would've been even more terrible and she'd just live to survive, not to really live. But once again, we see Catarina changing the lives of the people around her with how kind and caring (and dense) she is.

I thought when that bastard of a father came, Anne was just going to decline it and it'd be the end of it. But then came in Catarina as usual ('guns blazing' lol) and basically proclaimed that she was not going to let Anne be taken away against her will like that. And then Duke Claes himself came too. Man, Catarina sure has a good family.

Anne is like a big sister or even another mother to Catarina. That was really sweet. I really loved it! The best episode in the last 3 episodes I think.

5/5!

Now, what's going to happen next week?
Jun 1, 2020 1:20 AM
Oct 2012
holy shit this series was so good. i didn't read the novel/manga before and i plan to watch this slowly since this is still airing but i got sucked up by the story and ended up marathoning all 9 episodes.

few days ago, i commented somewhere that the other isekai of this season, 8th son, sucked ass in everything like bad soundtracks, directions, voice actings, animations, and pacing... but this anime is completely the opposite of that; it kept me entertained within the whole 24 mins each episodes (didn't even skip the songs), and the bisexual harem didn't even bother me in the slightest because all of the characters are so likeable.

As someone who read a lot of this genre (otome game isekai) web/light novels, i'd say this didn't disappoint me even though i watched this before reading the original source. easily 8~9/10 up until this eps
Jun 1, 2020 5:32 AM

Nov 2015
this episode focues a lot on her harem lol, also I like Anne more now, her backstory was so sad

Jun 1, 2020 5:43 AM

Apr 2012
Oh damn I really wanted to watch at least a few moments of the boys' sleep over party xDD
Jun 1, 2020 8:06 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Don't rule the Maido as a sleeper for winning the Katarina sweepstakes.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 1, 2020 8:32 AM

Jan 2019
I appreciate a harem anime that allows us to see the perspective of the harem members themselves as often as this one does.
Jun 1, 2020 11:15 AM

Jan 2016
Oh my god I am so glad the scene where she invited everyone to do gardening and they all gave her the exact same gift got animated.

I fucking died when I read that scene hahaha.

It literally MADE this episode HAHAHAHA!
Jun 1, 2020 12:05 PM

Jan 2009
DarcyD said:
All this filler is going to make the ending rushed and then all the anime only fans will hate one of my favorite titles and I'll be so sad when the rating drops lol.

But show me the boys night!!? Keith x Geordo ftw hahaha

It's not really being rushed at least not considering the pacing so far, it has 3 episodes left, more than enough for it to flesh out

Bibimbapski said:
I don't know if that part with Anne's backstory is from the LN but it did make me tear up. It was so touching. Anne has always been in the background and only jumps in to remind Catarina to behave and be more noble-like. I had no idea how much Catarina helped her and cared for it.

Anyways, that after credits scene is IT! This is what I was waiting for!

The last few episodes have been a mix of LN (in the story of anne's case) and i believe the side story comic (though it hasn't been translated up to that point so i'm not sure), it's likely the manga will get to anne's backstory eventually, but it hasn't yet as far as i know (it was specifically in the epilogue of vol 1 i think).
Jun 1, 2020 1:36 PM

Nov 2013
lol the guy tells Anne that she has no place in the house, and later orders her around with and engagement proposal? what kind of bullshit was that? my lord...

anyway, tons of funny scenes as usual, this anime never disappoints :D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 1, 2020 2:25 PM

Aug 2018
Not only the protagonists love Katarina but also Anne the maid ; good thing we had her backstory.
Jun 1, 2020 2:58 PM

Nov 2009
ROFL... BAKARINA picking her pajamas... LUL... that Eggplant...

Also, did Mary just casually confessed? "Does the other party have to be a boy" "I am more happy to be with Katarina-sama"

And no one noticed...

___ ___ ___

Sophia... wants a Fantasy setting from novels.

We sorta didn't get to hear what everyone besides Sophia wants to be if they get "reborn" tho...

And I thought this might trigger Sophia's past life memories, since previous episode mentioned her saying "wishing to be reborn"

___ ___ ___

BTW, the maid doesn't want to be "partners" like the other girls, more or less she wants to literally devote her entire life to serve Bakarina.

Also, Anne's father sucked, he literally marries and had kids with Anne's mother for only political purposes. I feel bad about Anne's mother, she lived and died a lonely life.

___ ___ ___

AND ROFL... Bakarina literally trolled everyone with the invitation. LUL, Mary with dead-eyes... she's so disappointed. (actually, I think everyone had dead-eyes), especially when Bakarina opened giftboxes and all them them are Scissors, LUUUUUUUL.
amlgJun 1, 2020 3:06 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 1, 2020 3:19 PM

Apr 2015
Anne's probably the luckiest among all the characters as she can just remain a maid till she dies. damn this was a really simple story yet the feels train just runs at full speed on this one.

and of course, that small bit after her backstory was probably an anime original made to fill in the missing minutes of this episode. not complaining really.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Jun 1, 2020 5:26 PM
Oct 2018
not bad, but it is far from being (good) 5.3/10 (normal) nothing that another anime hasn't already shown
ObscureAnimeOfJun 1, 2020 5:32 PM
Jun 2, 2020 2:37 AM

Dec 2018
Sleepover was kind of cute. But Imo this is one big Yuri bait and Im not biting

Yuri-CrusaderJun 2, 2020 3:01 AM
Jun 2, 2020 3:40 AM

Dec 2016
I wasn't expecting this show to make me cry.
Jun 2, 2020 9:29 AM

Apr 2008
Half recap, filler episode. I wanted to like this show...
Jun 2, 2020 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
My only complaint is that we didn't get to see Catalina's dad rip that absolute arsehole a new one for throwing Anne aside and then telling her to marry someone for his gain. What a cunt....
I just wanna see that prick suffer so much.
Jun 2, 2020 11:34 AM

Aug 2007
Cute Episode with piyamas. So basically everyone loves Catalina. Its good. See maybe is a little dumb, crazy and gluttony but is kind (basically because don't want to be doom. but this count for me).
Jun 2, 2020 2:34 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
Otome Game continues to be all-fun as usual. I can't say that a lot has happened via plot development (admittedly the story has slowed down), but the anime has taken the time to acknowledge that the harem is as large as it is. I'm not sure if it was really necessary, but it was still entertaining to watch.

Even the maid has a story.

I have this feeling that when they expose the 'sins' of Catarina they're going to bring back her using school grounds for gardening purposes. Can't say that I remember any other notable sins.. but we'll see how she worms her way out of this.

The girl's so dense that I don't see her building a relationship with anyone, but it works out for her in the end.
Jun 2, 2020 3:35 PM
Nov 2019
In the original "Doom Ending" she's been trying to avoid this is where they expose her for bullying Mary etc...

So I wonder what all her doom flag avoidance and stealing the romance flags instead has changed it into?

Jun 2, 2020 11:24 PM

Mar 2014
I thought they were going to raise a DOOM flag with Anne but it turned extremely heartwarming

That post-credit scene though. The bully girls are gonna make their move
Jun 2, 2020 11:53 PM

Dec 2017
Catarina unintentionally doing something good again
Jun 3, 2020 9:16 AM

May 2018
Even the maid loves Katarina lol
Jun 3, 2020 3:17 PM

Mar 2010
Hope there wont be a battle to the death in the end for Bakarina lol

Those are some ugly pajamas
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

125 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

156 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

164 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

236 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

135 by tunaworks »»
Mar 27, 2:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.