Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 28, 2020 8:48 AM

Feb 2014
You've got to give respect to Kyo in this episode. He kept his cool a lot better than before when he and the others confronted Haru in his dark mode after trashing his classroom. When Haru went too far and physically grabbed Tohru during the argument, Kyo stepped him with a fist to Haru's face and he also had a very pissed off look on him, too.

Haru's suspension was inevitable, so it was nice of Yuki to go and visit him. He saw Rin, who escaped from the hospital, by the entrance to the Soma estate and, despite some traumatic flashbacks he had, he was able to muster the courage to enter the estate. He also encountered the head waitress (one character that you'll learn to hate the more she appears), but thankfully he brushed her off and quickly went Haru.

Aside from the game Haru was playing that looked like a homage to the PS1 version of Final Fantasy 7 or 8, the two of them had a nice talk between each other. Despite getting dumped by Rin, Haru isn't giving up and his more relaxed look on him confirms that commitment of his.

Nice episode overall. Rin didn't get too much screentime here, but her story development in the manga is one of my favourite, so I do look forward to seeing how the anime adapts her story from here on out. =)
Apr 28, 2020 9:06 AM

Jun 2017
Love this episode! You'll get to see Kyo being protective of Tohru!🥰 I feel bad for Yuki, he's obviously jealous. But I still don't think it would do well if Tohru ends up with Yuki. Kyo is the most dejected character in FB. A lot discriminated him because of his cat zodiac. That's why I think it would fair him well if he will get the love of his life. To have someone that will fill the hole in his heart. Can you imagine how miserable he would be if he's also heartbroken?

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Apr 28, 2020 9:37 AM

Nov 2016
Haru is such an edgy brat :S

Good episode again, had many nice moments.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 28, 2020 10:29 AM
May 2017
Still no Machi and the school Sensei's development
Apr 28, 2020 10:30 AM
Mar 2020
I feel like they need to speed it up or add more storylines to the episodes, they're def lacking. Rin seems like a baddie thooo

Also does anyone find it weird they just be dating their own family???/
Apr 28, 2020 12:12 PM

Jan 2008
Assuming it's cause of the epidemic but man the visual quality this episode sure took a dip. It was something I didn't have to worry about with this show but this episode alone already started bugging me with choppy animation and derpy/blocky body parts/faces.

Regardless, about time we get Rin, even if she didn't get much screentime.
Apr 28, 2020 12:24 PM

Sep 2018
Introspection episode, which played a lot on the fact of showing and not showing the character of Rin, too bad, however, I really wanted to find out more about it. Haru's character is also very amusing, but nobody beats Ayame's character in terms of comedy, I miss him. I look forward to the moment when Rin and Thoru know each other, always if they know each other in person, who knows!
Apr 28, 2020 12:37 PM

Jun 2014
Litzxxx said:

Also does anyone find it weird they just be dating their own family???/

It's a huge family, like a clan, there's 150 of them living at the Souma estate (and who knows how many somewhere outside). It’s most likely they’re very distantly related, if at all. Some people have never met before even though they are from the same family, like Hatori and Kana.
SailorVekiApr 28, 2020 12:53 PM
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Apr 28, 2020 9:25 PM
Jul 2018
Huh, from what I am observing, it seems that Kyo is falling more in love with Tohru by each passing episode. His overprotective nature, and how chillingly aggressive he got as his eyes turned adapted a more feral look, suggests a romantic undertone. Even Yuki sensed it, was that jealousy I detected from the window of his eyes?

Rin seems to be an enigmatic character. The dark aura she excludes is certainly nothing to scoff at. Her mysterious injury, so far, is quite interesting. I bet my testicles that Akito had something to do with her injury. Maybe Akito found out about their secret romantic relationship and proceeded to take drastic measures. It is something he would do, no doubt.
Apr 28, 2020 10:01 PM
Feb 2020
Haru on rampage Its being long since haru turned dark
Feel kinda bad he got dumped
Kyo's so cute when he blushes 😍❤❤
Apr 29, 2020 3:52 AM

Oct 2017
Rin seems like she's upto something. Hope she doesn't turn out to be a bad girl cause I like Haru and want him to be happy.
Apr 29, 2020 4:42 AM

Sep 2019
I think I'll never get tired of seeing more of Kyo's arc. Especially since I heard that talk of "lock him up" before. Especially since how he sees Tohru. Man, I hardly remember when he was super cold at the beginning.

Learning more about the Soma family is always great... mainly 'cause you can usually cut the air with a knife. I think Yuki was worried because the second Tohru steps not the estate that Akito will completely onto her.

Ah yes, "reflecting and repenting". I did that just today with Persona 5 R.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Apr 29, 2020 5:08 AM

Feb 2017
Rin really does look good. Looking forward to learning more about her.
Apr 29, 2020 6:48 AM

Feb 2014
Wew Haru and Rin seem like the dynamite duo. Both have cool fashion sense and are menacing.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 29, 2020 8:57 AM

Sep 2017
Definitely a build up episode to some things that will happen with Rin and Haru. I think she is the last zodiac for us to meet?
Apr 29, 2020 12:07 PM

Jul 2012
Finally glad that the story is picking up a little. Loved the interaction between Tohru and Kyo and anticipating how Yuki will grow from here! The end with Rin was a little suspicious.. Can't wait to see what happens
Apr 29, 2020 12:12 PM

Jun 2014
ProofByColor said:
Definitely a build up episode to some things that will happen with Rin and Haru. I think she is the last zodiac for us to meet?

She's the horse (you can see it in the opening). We still have to meet the rooster.
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Apr 29, 2020 1:56 PM

Sep 2017
SailorVeki said:
ProofByColor said:

She's the horse (you can see it in the opening). We still have to meet the rooster.

Yeah okay. I honestly made zero effort to count I just know we've met an ass load at this point lol.
Apr 29, 2020 7:07 PM

Aug 2019
So Haru had a girlfriend all along but he was still in love with Yuki in first season, what?

I really enjoy the direction of the show although I've never seen the OG anime or read the manga. Even without being an old fan it shows they know what they're doing with the story. They know how to balance comedy, drama, and mystery, and make the mood feel right for each of these and have very smooth transitions.

My only problem (always was) is the animation when it comes to certain characters exchanging blows, it looks like they're flying in the air, and it looks a bit off.

Otherwise this season is really fun so far, probably more than first season.
kanserousApr 29, 2020 8:04 PM
Apr 29, 2020 8:38 PM

Jul 2016
Imagine destroying your whole classroom (expensive windows included) and only be suspended for a couple of days. M y s t e r y ~

Overall, not as good as the previous two episodes but still quite welcome in terms of characterization for Haru's character. His determination to recover his beloved Rin is indeed quite admirable so I hope things can work out between them in the end.
The bits of development Yuki received were also nice, by the way. Glad to see he managed to suppress his fears for a while in order to visit Haru. Hopefully, this first step of entering the Souma estate will mark the start for his recovery.
Apr 29, 2020 9:33 PM

Oct 2008
hmmm i'm interested about this Rin...i wonder what's her story...
4/5.

Apr 30, 2020 7:11 AM

May 2018
What's up with Rin at the end? She looks a little pissed off lol
Apr 30, 2020 12:28 PM
Mar 2015
Rin is probably the most abused character in Furuba That is why she ends up in the hospital again and again She is mad because no one can protect her

We see the beginning of Yuki's feeling for Torhu which are different from kyo
Apr 30, 2020 12:29 PM
Mar 2015
Rin is probably the most abused character in Furuba That is why she ends up in the hospital again and again She is mad because no one can protect her

We see the beginning of Yuki's feeling for Torhu which are different from kyo
May 2, 2020 9:21 AM
Mar 2018
phantomfandom said:
Haru should break up with a woman that doesn't care about him and dating with Kyo instead!

Yeah but Kyo not into guys
May 2, 2020 9:23 AM
Sep 2015
climber29 said:
phantomfandom said:
Haru should break up with a woman that doesn't care about him and dating with Kyo instead!

Yeah but Kyo not into guys

I know, because my fetish is to have straight guys go into the relationship.
May 2, 2020 3:01 PM

Apr 2018
Amazing Ep. Finally, get to see Rin.
May 3, 2020 10:15 AM

Dec 2016
1Kyo said:
This is actually my favorite episode of season 2 so far. They are putting more focus on the mystery aspect of the story more. I like that.
Stark700 said:
Felt like a slower buildup episode but mostly importantly, we got an appearance of the horse Zodiac.

Wait, I'm confused now. I thought Hattori was the horse Zodiac? He transforms into a seahorse, and there is no seahorse in the Zodiac, so I thought he was the horse. What part of the Zodiac is Hattori then?

Hatori is actually the dragon zodiac. It comes from a pun in Japanese.
May 4, 2020 12:18 AM

Aug 2018
Oh boi!

I'm fucking excited to see more about Rin!
B O C C H I  S W E E P
May 13, 2020 11:34 AM

Apr 2016
Dude, your 16. Middle/high school (and even college, to an extent) relationships hardly ever last. When you're in school, you have hardly anything you can offer to the other person. What, your parent's money? A room in your parents house? Relationships can't take off unless you have the means to actually facilitate it (ie, a job that can pay the bills to support housing for the both of you).

Then again, Hatsuharu and Rin are apart of the Souma family. Their needs are pretty much taken care of from day 1. Even if they were courting someone outside of the Souma family, they'd simply bring them in. I guess it really does come down to their flippant, hormonal emotions.
May 18, 2020 3:59 PM
Feb 2018
Haru and kisa are my favorite somas
May 21, 2020 3:49 AM

Dec 2013
According to the opening this new girl is the horse zodiac. I'm really curious with what her story. Especially with how serious she looks at the end.
May 24, 2020 11:20 AM

May 2016
I can't wait to see more of Yuuki's story and that blush at the end damn him for being that cute... (///w///)
Jun 15, 2020 3:40 PM

Oct 2007
good episode. Kyo is so fast to protect Tohru from danger.

I hope Haru's relationship with Rin can still be fixed.
Jul 7, 2020 6:09 PM

May 2013
Mmmnnn. From what I remember, Rin wasn't a v pleasant girl to deal with lol. I stopped in the manga during half of the Rin stuff, so idk if she softens up later or whatnot. We shall see :3
Jul 30, 2020 11:29 AM

Aug 2017
I like this episode, Haru feels that Yuki cares for Tohru. Can't wait for Rin reasons to break up with him in future episodes.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 29, 2020 6:49 AM
Oct 2019
I don't understand how sometimes when Tohru touches them they transform and other times they don't. I don't like the inconsistency.

I'm also really annoyed by Tohru. Part of it is her English voice actor. Her voice is nauseating soft. And Tohru, in general, is nauseatingly naive and low IQ. I'm sure I had similar complaints in season 1, but the rest of the story was so good it more than made up for it. As of now I don't think season 2 is very good, so maybe the things I dislike are standing out more than usual?
Aug 29, 2020 7:16 AM
May 2019
HagePotPotato said:
I don't understand how sometimes when Tohru touches them they transform and other times they don't. I don't like the inconsistency.

I'm also really annoyed by Tohru. Part of it is her English voice actor. Her voice is nauseating soft. And Tohru, in general, is nauseatingly naive and low IQ. I'm sure I had similar complaints in season 1, but the rest of the story was so good it more than made up for it. As of now I don't think season 2 is very good, so maybe the things I dislike are standing out more than usual?

I love Tohru's English VA, I prefer her take on Tohru over the Japanese by just a bit, but that is definitely a matter of preference. Also, all I will say is that Tohru's character will continue to be explored this season.

As for the transformations, there, aren't any inconsistencies. It requires full torso-to-torso contact, an embrace, or full body contact. Just touching isn't enough and if there is space between the characters then it won't cause the transformation either. Also, sometimes the characters may transform due to being ill or physically exhausted. The series has the transformations stay within these rules / limits.

These first few episodes are ones that tend to hit differently once you already know the full story / they are better on rewatches, imo. But I can understand why, on a first watch, they may seem slow moving or not as good. This part of the story is when we really see the series start to shift.The first season was the introduction, and this season is when we start to dive deeper.

I hope the story will start picking up for you and that you will enjoy future episodes of this season more! :)
Aug 29, 2020 8:10 PM
Oct 2019
LilyGinnyBlack1 said:
HagePotPotato said:

I love Tohru's English VA, I prefer her take on Tohru over the Japanese by just a bit, but that is definitely a matter of preference. Also, all I will say is that Tohru's character will continue to be explored this season.

As for the transformations, there, aren't any inconsistencies. It requires full torso-to-torso contact, an embrace, or full body contact. Just touching isn't enough and if there is space between the characters then it won't cause the transformation either. Also, sometimes the characters may transform due to being ill or physically exhausted. The series has the transformations stay within these rules / limits.

These first few episodes are ones that tend to hit differently once you already know the full story / they are better on rewatches, imo. But I can understand why, on a first watch, they may seem slow moving or not as good. This part of the story is when we really see the series start to shift.The first season was the introduction, and this season is when we start to dive deeper.

I hope the story will start picking up for you and that you will enjoy future episodes of this season more! :)

I'll give it another episode or two. Hopefully it gets much better soon. If not I'll just drop it. At least I'll have enjoyed the first season.

And I don't like the VA because I don't like that fake sounding "soft voice". Is what it is.
Aug 29, 2020 8:17 PM
May 2019
HagePotPotato said:
LilyGinnyBlack1 said:

I'll give it another episode or two. Hopefully it gets much better soon. If not I'll just drop it. At least I'll have enjoyed the first season.

And I don't like the VA because I don't like that fake sounding "soft voice". Is what it is.

I would suggest watching up to episode 7 before deciding if you want to continue with this season or not. And I can understand the voice thing. It doesn't sound fake soft to me, but I can see how it might to others.
Sep 5, 2020 9:57 AM

Jun 2020
lmfao i dead ass LAUGHED when yuki echoed baka neko loooooool

sigh haru is so hot. i simply adore him. hope to see him lots in this season again x~)

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 28, 2020 7:46 PM

Oct 2013
Slowly but surely Kyo went from being insufferable and obnoxious at the top of the series to eventually awakening my latent gay catboy crushing. And I HATE tsunderes! And this episode wasn't even about him!!

all of the scenes with that cringey German rabbit should be replaced with scenes with Kyo!

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 18, 2021 6:20 AM

Jun 2019
Got to know Hatsuharu's side of things. Enjoyed it.
Apr 19, 2021 6:35 PM

Mar 2010
This episode really mellowed my out lolz, felt really long winded as well. Childhood trauma is the most difficult to get rid of, since as kids we are wayyyyyy to fucking vulnerable and even as adults we feel like we are still stuck in da past.. So as a teenager with hormones going wild... its pretty much impossible to not have issues lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 22, 2021 6:47 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Glad to see Haru is getting some more development, also first appearance of Rin, looking forward to see her more going on, also heard the drama is gonna start to become real, really soon.
May 17, 2021 7:21 AM

Apr 2020
Dark mode or not, Hatsuharu definitely deserved that punch from Kyo

I'm fucking jealous of his huge gaming monitor

Nice cliffhanger
May 28, 2021 9:24 PM
May 2020
Haru deserves moreeeeeee!!!!!!! anw, love to see the mad kyo omg
Jul 21, 2021 10:21 PM
Apr 2017
We haven't had Haru content in a while. I'm glad to see him on screen, but it's sad that he's hurting so much here. I also feel bad for Kyo since he's regretting his past actions. I can't wait for when Yuki feels comfortable enough to call Tohru by her first name :)
Aug 3, 2021 9:33 PM
Dec 2016
Noisrev said:
I thought this guy is gay for Yuki? Now u telling me he's got a gf the whole time then that means he's a two timing bisexual, this show is so dumb and stupid smh, Saki's episode made this show 9/10 for me but now they pull this dumb shit 1/10

I'm not even an LGBT community activist but him being gay for Yuki is the dumbest joke of the century smh

Except it wasn’t a joke and he is bi
Aug 6, 2021 3:29 AM

Jul 2021
This episode was alright. Like seeing Haru was good but got pretty boring towards the end. Hope we get some action soon.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2020

126 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 13, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2020

150 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 13, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Aug 3, 2020

162 by haniayasmine »»
Apr 21, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 17, 2020

74 by anijumper44 »»
Apr 3, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

239 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 12:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.