Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wave, Listen to Me!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 24, 2020 10:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Minare and her temper. That slap is absolutely priceless if you ask me. She and Nakahara has a very amusing character chemistry together.

Makie makes an appearance although she is apologetic. This show really can balance out its mood.
Apr 24, 2020 12:04 PM

Apr 2016
Dude, that was a literal plot armor xD The car run over the manager AND the dude who was supposed to replace her ? lmao. Also finally anime with adults that act as an actual adults and not some 14 years olds kids in grown up clothes that act as your generic high school teenagers, like that one show with nerds in working conditions, im looking at you wotakoi.
Apr 24, 2020 12:18 PM

Feb 2019
I really don’t know what I’d do if this got delayed too. It’s one of my faves I’ve seen in a long time. So nice to get relatable mature characters instead of the usual high school romances and harems(which I love too!) This show just feels like adulthood.

Helping out at the place that fired you, lol that may be the most Japanese thing I’ve ever seen. I actually really ship Minare and chuuya. He’s a good dude

Jesus, that slap sent him into next week lmaoo

Something definitely seems up with the Tachibana girl. She sounds very... broken.. and if I’m not mistaken she’s got the same seiyuu as Fujino from KnK. Which would be a cool connection

Noooo chuuyaaaa. My heart dropped at that ending scene. I know he has no bad intentions, but damn. Something’s definitely up. I wonder if she’s connected to the story from next week’s preview. Emotional cliffhanger for sure, can’t wait for the next episode

Edit: the rating is criminally low on MAL imo.
Marinate1016Apr 24, 2020 12:26 PM
Apr 24, 2020 12:30 PM
Sep 2015
10 million yen of 6 months contract for sponsoring a regional radio slot begin at 3:30AM, that's why radio goes bankrupted.

I like how all characters are doing what they like to do in romantic aspect, even if some actions are politically incorrect. No more teen romance where it takes 1 cour to confess the love which will be abrupted by firework sound.

And another plot convenience is that the back alley scene gives Minare an idea to talk about on her own first show.
Apr 24, 2020 12:44 PM

Nov 2011
Holy shit everything. EVERYTHING in this episode was amazing. The humor, the dark undertones, the HEARTBREAK! God this episode was amazing.

The fucking turtle responses had me crying during this episode. "Hey you have dried squid" Idk why but I laughed so hard.

The connection between Minare and Mizuho is so good. Especially for two people who basically just met. Also that look Mizuho gave Minare when they were talking about Chishiro was real suspicious.

The Darkness of this episode being that part for one, and what is actually going on at Makie's house. Her brother is still in the hospital and her parents are deceased so why does she not want to go home? Just her being alone?

Then the heartbreak. Dude my man Koumoto going in for that kiss only for Mizuho to run away. Damn man DAMN! But I can't blame Mizuho since she is experienced.

Next Week! Minare's SHOW!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 24, 2020 1:17 PM
Spingere 500 ඞ

Nov 2017
Man, that was an awesome episode. This anime deserves more attention for sure
My candies:

Bonus:

Apr 24, 2020 1:22 PM

Jul 2017
Continues to be such a fun anime with so much personality and energy, something which quite a number of shows have lacked in the past few seasons except a few. Love this episode.
Apr 24, 2020 2:25 PM

Jan 2017
Turtle feed sheet from manga

Anime reference image

Transcription from official English release
SynchronisityApr 24, 2020 3:19 PM
Apr 24, 2020 2:50 PM

Mar 2019
It looks like an animation of more beautiful the life
Apr 24, 2020 3:36 PM
Jun 2019
This episode was amazing.
I love the duo of Minare and Nakahara, nevertheless she'll probably turn the page and focus on radio.
The ending was litteraly perfect, as much as Nakahara's confession.
I'm so excited to see how her broadcast will be.
Apr 24, 2020 3:37 PM

Dec 2014
hmmm some drama and thensone
Apr 24, 2020 3:44 PM

Sep 2017
Very interesting episode. Was not expecting her to be back at the restaurant, tho her radio show will finally be starting next ep. We getting into some more mature stuff this ep and it was quite good. Quite interested to learn more about these characters.
Apr 24, 2020 3:47 PM

Feb 2017
OMG! This anime is so f**king GOOD!! i'm really enjoying it ! :D
That new girl looks waaay to shady / depressed... but why?
She does not want to go home because she feels lonely?
BTW, what was that look that mizuho gave minare?
Apr 24, 2020 3:49 PM

May 2019
Something's wrong with Tachibana. She's very shady, or she's been through a lot and became mentally effed up.

This show is very simple, just some adults living their lives but it's surprisingly great, and I enjoy it a lot.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Apr 24, 2020 3:50 PM

Jan 2013
Mizuho ramping up those scary faces. speaking of, i completely thought the new chick would come and tell them that the boss died or something like placing a curse on them lol

the slap and the hand motions are top notch and hilarious. and we got the title of the show!
Apr 24, 2020 4:56 PM

Mar 2008
Synchronisity said:

The oficial manga has this page all translated but I don't have the chapter at hand now to post the jpg.
Apr 24, 2020 4:58 PM

Feb 2014
Okay, this episode kinda broke my heart for Minare at the ending scene. Lol.

Also, remind me if I'm wrong, but didn't that Tachibana girl look like the woman in the first episode? The one that's with Mitsuo???
Apr 24, 2020 6:03 PM

Mar 2019
This episode was kind of interesting...

So, i guess im not throwing this yet...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 24, 2020 6:11 PM

Apr 2009
Another fantastic episode. And Mamiko Noto is perfect as usual.

Meixiu said:
The one that's with Mitsuo???
No, that's a different woman.
Apr 24, 2020 6:40 PM

Mar 2008
Meixiu said:
Okay, this episode kinda broke my heart for Minare at the ending scene. Lol.

Also, remind me if I'm wrong, but didn't that Tachibana girl look like the woman in the first episode? The one that's with Mitsuo???

This is Makie in the first episode (18:30):

Apr 24, 2020 8:01 PM

Jun 2013
fuck me that ending was well done
Apr 24, 2020 8:02 PM

Mar 2016
Imma just say this.......Title Droooooooooooooooooooooppppppppppp!

Anyways, this show is still very hit-or-miss for me. When it gets funny, I can get a few good laughs outta it, but when it’s not, it gets rather disengaging for some reason. I’m aware of the nature of it being a more adult anime due to nearing 30 years old myself, funny enough, but I still think the show could be much better in terms of character dynamics and setups.
Kinda wished the animation looked better, it just feels weird at times.....not saying the quality we have looks like turd, though.
Apr 24, 2020 8:20 PM

Jul 2017
damn this episode was just awkward kissing attempts lol

overall kinda meh again I guess. I'm surprised there was actually tad hints of romance in it but otherwise nothing really was interesting yet again. I will say a few jokes gave a chuckle but the vast majority not so much
Apr 24, 2020 9:34 PM

Jul 2017
Minare staying over at producer Mizuho's place, and instantly felt like second nature.

Talking on a radio is no mere simple job, even on a dead-of-night timing, not to mention getting sponsors for her 1st gig. Despite the dissuasion from fellow co-worker (and aspiring lover) Acting Manager Nakahara, desperate times call for desperate measures. And the awkward kissing gestures...and that faceslap. Cannot get over how hilarious that scene was.

New female adult Makie comes along (due to an accident that rendered Manager Takarada hospitalized), but her depression immediately stands her out amidst her family issues. Clearly inspired by Minare's presence on radio for that moment, but the ratings increase was another good funny moment that she is clearly overtaking Minare in a short amount of time.

The final moments of Nakahara probing about Makie's situation, definitely set the situation ablaze, whilst Minare's first radio broadcast with the series title drop.

The close-to-perfect adaptation (much less the references actually got from Funimation) is easily still the high point for me, going 1-to-1 for this show in anticipation.

And that officially wraps up Volume 1 of the manga! Definitely expecting more shenanigans to come. Enjoying this so far, one of the overlooked good shows of the season.
Apr 24, 2020 11:09 PM

Mar 2019
First of all I'm glad that Nakahara is being tangled with another women, I never liked the MinareXNakahara Route to begin with.

Minare is the Only Main Character in this show... I think the whole thing that just happened w/ Nakahara would help a lot with her new show!

I really hope that Makie's existence in the scene doesn't play that huge of a role as she thinks it would.. that would make the whole situation a lot of funnier!
Apr 24, 2020 11:25 PM

Oct 2008
on the last part - now this is getting more interesting!
as well as the flow of the OST in that last part! damn they nailed it!
5/5!

Apr 24, 2020 11:43 PM

Jan 2017
PaninaManina said:
Synchronisity said:

The oficial manga has this page all translated but I don't have the chapter at hand now to post the jpg.

I have the page but are we allowed to post it here? Else I copied the text from page verbatim.
Apr 25, 2020 1:28 AM

Dec 2016
Seriously, its scary how I enjoy this anime so far.
Somehow for several seasons again a really realistic setup with likable chars!

What is also scary you ask? That this anime has such low grades on mal despite being a diamond in the rough (at least for me).. I cant wait for next week..
If you are sad, stop being sad and watch anime instead

Apr 25, 2020 3:03 AM

Mar 2014
This anime is really getting better, can't wait for the next one
Apr 25, 2020 3:30 AM

Jun 2019
I'm loving this show. It's so realistic, well for an anime. The characters are all well rounded, with quirks and flaws.

Minare is so captivating. She's the kind of woman I'd want to date but like a moth to a flame you know you'd get burnt by the experience.

I wonder what's up with Miss Tachibana, maybe she's homeless or hates staying at home because of an abuser or is very lonely. It must be serious for her to sleep at the restaurant. How will Minare react to his offer for Miss Tachibana to stay over, will he sleep with her, or was he being kind? Even if he doesn't sleep with her, Minare won't believe them, would you?

When two people sleep under the same roof, the only people that really know what happened was them, and them alone.
Apr 25, 2020 3:38 AM

Jun 2019
KANLen09 said:
Minare staying over at producer Mizuho's place, and instantly felt like second nature.

And the awkward kissing gestures...and that faceslap. Cannot get over how hilarious that scene was.

I'm not sure what to make of that almost kissing scene; was Minare bending over to back away from Nakahara, or was she allowing herself to fall into his arms so he could lean over and kiss her in a romantic way? I'm not sure she knows herself, but I'm more inclined to think she was leaning away from his attempt to kiss her. What do you think?
Apr 25, 2020 3:44 AM
Apr 2018
CRIMINALLY UNDERRATED. THE HIDDEN GEM OF SPRING 2020. FUCK THIS ANIME IS SO GOOD.

That ending was well done. I was screaming "nooooooooooo" in front of the screen. Dammit Nakahara just why
Apr 25, 2020 4:06 AM

Jun 2015
I think I love this show so much as I see a little bit of Nami in me. I mean who dosen't have a vodka bottle on hand at the dinner table!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 25, 2020 4:31 AM

Nov 2016
Hiring a new employee, that's how some takeover started xD

Another episode I ended up loving, I mean it's kinda over the top with some hilarious details, which makes it such a treat to watch. And dat title drop. Hyped for next week.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 25, 2020 5:20 AM

Feb 2017
I have a feeling that Nakahara might have offered Tachibana to stay at his home out of kindness, not because he is actually interested in her. We'll see, definitely an interesting development.
Anyways, it's really nice to see Sunrise actually putting effort in a non-Love Live/Gundam TV show after so long.
Apr 25, 2020 6:10 AM

Jun 2013
Minare has the personality type of most of my friends: loud, honest, unapologetic. I love being around those type of people tbh. I have many family members who are the same but I have moments when I want to be alone too.

Minare did turn him down a bit but I guess she's also hurt and thought that Nakahara was asking Makie to sleep with him or something.

However, wasn't Makie the girl we saw in the first or second episode, listening to the radio program? I think she's there for Minare and not Nakahara. I just have a feeling.
臭い-
Apr 25, 2020 6:30 AM

Apr 2012
Oooo Minare is jelly. I like it a lot.
Apr 25, 2020 7:24 AM
Oct 2018
I see a lot of people complaining about the rating being so low but man, considering that Nami yo kiitekure is a seinen talking about radio, it's kinda expectable that a lot of people would drop it in the second chapter because it doesn't fit their tastes. It might be a pity, but seinen is normally underrated (e.g. Pet from last season or Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019), that even being different, they are also examples of shows that didn't call anybody's attention). Also, Nami yo Kiitekure is being eclipsed by Yesterday wo Utatte, that even with a more melancholic tone is really catching the scene due to it's characters and animation. At the end, though, I might agree that the premium production values and the amazing writing of Nami yo Kiitekure should be appreciated, and I hope at least that the DvD/BluRay manage to sell enough. Nevertheless, it looks like this will be the hidden jewel of this season, and that it will be fastly forgotten by many people.
Akkarin! Hai!
Apr 25, 2020 7:52 AM

Dec 2017
Persona111 said:
I see a lot of people complaining about the rating being so low but man, considering that Nami yo kiitekure is a seinen talking about radio, it's kinda expectable that a lot of people would drop it in the second chapter because it doesn't fit their tastes. It might be a pity, but seinen is normally underrated (e.g. Pet from last season or Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019), that even being different, they are also examples of shows that didn't call anybody's attention). Also, Nami yo Kiitekure is being eclipsed by Yesterday wo Utatte, that even with a more melancholic tone is really catching the scene due to it's characters and animation. At the end, though, I might agree that the premium production values and the amazing writing of Nami yo Kiitekure should be appreciated, and I hope at least that the DvD/BluRay manage to sell enough. Nevertheless, it looks like this will be the hidden jewel of this season, and that it will be fastly forgotten by many people.
Do you mind to explain why this gem gets outshone by Yesterday wa Utatte? I haven't watched it so I don't anything about it.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 25, 2020 8:04 AM
Oct 2018
electromagneto said:
Persona111 said:
Do you mind to explain why this gem gets outshone by Yesterday wa Utatte? I haven't watched it so I don't anything about it.

Well, Yesterday wo Utatte is an adaptation of a famous manga made by Studio Doga Kobo. For starters, the visual identity of Yesterday is very strong, and the animations quality is comparable to the one shown in Nami yo Kiitekure, even if I think this one is better. Nonetheless, what really makes Yesterday wo Utatte stand out is its atmosphere, that was very effectively shown in the first chapter. Both stories has some similarities, such as the mature characters and the theme of obstacles faced when turning into and adult, but while on the one hand Nami Yo Kiitekure focused its first chapter on keeping the audience entertainer, not giving much depth to any character aside the MC, Yesterday presented effectively a whole set of complex characters with very well written interactions and profound reflections that really kept you in it since the first minutes. I reccomend you to take a look, it's much more of a drama and it's far from being as lighthearted and satisfaying as Nami Yo Kiitekure, but if you like seinen it will probably be watchworthy.
Akkarin! Hai!
Apr 25, 2020 8:31 AM

Feb 2008
Exceedingly suspicious...

When all is said and done, Minare's programme is finally about to begin. Now she ought to have plenty to contribute to her show. At least Minare can put her frustration into words and not utilise her terrifying slapping power.

Mizuho's guide to taking care of her turtles was cute too.
Apr 25, 2020 9:38 AM

Sep 2011
I feel like Nakahara was too pushy here. He was only seeing his own dreams and hopes while pretty much disregarding Minare's will/input on the matter. It may be true that she doesn't have something she wants to do now, but who is to say that she won't find it? Hopefully her work in the radio, which is about to start, will lit a fire in her soul. Tachibana kind of came out of nowhere too, but I'm already interested in her. Can't wait to see what else she will bring to the table since the relationship aspect here is already getting compelling. I was kind of shipping Minare with Koumoto too, without much base it's true, but he seems to like Mizuho, though she seems hesitant about going for it for some reason beyond my comprehension right now. Maybe she just needs time to settle her feelings or maybe she simply doesn't like him this way? We don't know how well the people of the radio get along with each other yet after all. And he went for a kiss(?) with a weird timing too to be honest. I do feel like something was weird with Mizuho this time though. She had a strange expression that made me think that she wanted to kill Minare or something out of the blue twice, but Minare said that she looked "hesitant" on the second time it happened, so maybe that's it? lol Welp, I guess it was to be expected, but it's really exciting that her program is going to have the same name as the anime.
Apr 25, 2020 9:40 AM
Jul 2019
Well then Makie Tachibana has arrived and she's making things complicated to Minare and wtf she is even trying to take Chuya from her....then again I won't be surprise given that her relationship with him was just too complicated, cu'z she's either bisexual or lesbian.
Apr 25, 2020 2:07 PM

Mar 2008
Led_Wayline said:
Exceedingly suspicious...

When all is said and done, Minare's programme is finally about to begin. Now she ought to have plenty to contribute to her show. At least Minare can put her frustration into words and not utilise her terrifying slapping power.

Mizuho's guide to taking care of her turtles was cute too.

Wrong image dude:

Apr 25, 2020 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
Guys Does anybody know the name of the song that started playing when nakahara offered that girl to go sleep at his place?? I really liked the song 😁
Apr 25, 2020 4:24 PM

Jun 2017
erinerinyes said:
That ending was well done. I was screaming "nooooooooooo" in front of the screen. Dammit Nakahara just why

She told him to stay put for FOUR YEARS. One should really be asking "Why not?"
This is just realism.

Apr 25, 2020 6:57 PM

Jul 2017
23feanor said:
KANLen09 said:

And the awkward kissing gestures...and that faceslap. Cannot get over how hilarious that scene was.

I'm not sure what to make of that almost kissing scene; was Minare bending over to back away from Nakahara, or was she allowing herself to fall into his arms so he could lean over and kiss her in a romantic way? I'm not sure she knows herself, but I'm more inclined to think she was leaning away from his attempt to kiss her. What do you think?
Read the manga to find out though, that was how it's depicted.
Apr 25, 2020 7:14 PM

Feb 2015
Yea, the humor is missing me on this one, I don't find the guy funny, I find him creepy and way too pushy.
Apr 25, 2020 8:13 PM
Jul 2017
Ooohhhh. Things are really starting to get spice up in here. Love the ending scene and that insert song playing in the background really enhanced that scene for me.
Apr 25, 2020 8:45 PM

Dec 2015
This show's target demographic is a lot older than the average age of the anime community lol.... A TV series would fare much better, though I'm glad the anime exists because I would never see it otherwise.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2020

40 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 9, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2020

48 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 7, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2020

82 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 20, 2023 5:39 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2020

41 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 18, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2020

61 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 14, 2023 12:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.