Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gleipnir
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2020 7:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, it's time for Shuuichi to understand his abilities. No matter if he likes it or not, it's the situation he's in now.

Idk if that Aoki girl is trustworthy or not but she's the only person that may be able to help her. I have to admit, this episode was just as weird as the first one. Shuuichi in particular has to accept reality now.
Apr 12, 2020 7:56 AM

Jan 2019
I was kinda eh on the first episode but the second one was pretty good imo
Apr 12, 2020 8:16 AM

Nov 2010
The boy turns into a powerful gear and the girl turns into the pilot. It reminds me of the setting of Evangelion. Also his helplessness at the battle is similar to that of Ikari Shinji trapped into Eva controlled by a dummy plug, but the relationship is contorted from it.
Apr 12, 2020 8:57 AM
Dec 2017
Usually it takes a lot of time for MC to understand his real situation, but here it was pretty fast. Maybe death threat helped him to get it and accept Clair's help.
Apr 12, 2020 8:58 AM

Feb 2019
Lets gooooo been waiting all week for another episode of this. Needed to see more Clair

The creator of this series must have been really horny, 10 mins into the episode we’ve had 5 pantsu shots, a sex metaphor “it’s so wet and sticky, I’m going inside of you”

Jesus the sakuga in that fight was amazing. Animation was 10/10. Extremely brutal ending too

So from the ending I’m guessing the previous holder of the bear transforming power made a wish to be with Shuiichi and that’s how he ended up with it randomly

Overall great episode, went by extremely fast, had me glued to the TV the whole time. Plenty of Clare and fan service. Can’t ask for anything more.

So many questions I’ve got from watching the first two episodes like the origin of the coins and these “monsters” and can’t wait to see them explored!

Happy Easter y’all
Apr 12, 2020 9:05 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
What did i just watch? I'm thoroughly anime entertained, this had like everything lol
Apr 12, 2020 9:22 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
hopefully i like this as much as i did Killing Bites
Apr 12, 2020 9:23 AM

Jul 2012
Again very surprised about animation, thought this will be some "average-tier" work.

Those reverse innuendoes ...
And Clair is crazy and hot!
Apr 12, 2020 9:36 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I'm still surprised that THIS is getting a pretty fucking good production right now.

Anyway, I'm actually enjoying this right.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 12, 2020 9:42 AM
Jan 2015
The ending of this episode was quite brutal, I guess the previous holder of the bear wanted to be with Shuiichiand he somehow managed to get his bear transforming power out of the blue one day lol. Overall the 2nd episode was great, a bit fast paced but awesome and cool overall. I hope the origns of the coins and the monsters are explored in more depth in the future episodes to come!

Mod edit: Removed advertising.
DeadlyRavenMay 5, 2020 6:11 AM
Apr 12, 2020 9:44 AM

Feb 2020
WHAT CHANGED the first ep was utter garbage but somehow they did a complete 180 and this was amazing I was so close to writing this show off and kinda upset with myself wanting to see it flop GREAT episode

watched it a second time me like :)
OneofEvilApr 14, 2020 9:43 PM

Apr 12, 2020 9:51 AM

Jul 2017
This was better. I was undecided on my feelings on the first episode but this was strangely entertaining. The plot is stupid, but works and the visuals continue to overachieve.

I normally hate shows like these but there's the occasional show I kinda enjoy even though I know its bad (like Killing Bites). I might have found one of those kind of shows with this. But too early to tell just yet, it can easily crumble in the coming episodes. But we'll see.
Apr 12, 2020 9:54 AM

Jun 2015
that "getting inside of him" scene was way kinkier than it should've been...
is this going to be another depressing anime where all the characters just hate their lives and have mid-life existensial crisis at the age of 16? Sign me in
They all feel the same adjust to the pain..like tears in the rain..

Apr 12, 2020 10:01 AM

Nov 2016
Oh damn, I liked Hikawa.

This is unironically extremely entertaining. The drama and shock moments don't come off as try-hard and keep you on the edge of your seat. Can't say the same about the sexual analogies, but I enjoy them. Also nice opening, get's you pumped. Hope this keeps going strong.

EcchiGodMamster said:

It's doing good so far, still needs thicker girls and lesbian sex, tho xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 12, 2020 10:02 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
FMmatron said:
Oh damn, I liked Hikawa.

This is unironically extremely entertaining, doesn't come off as try-hard and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Also nice opening, get's you pumped. Hope this keeps going strong.

EcchiGodMamster said:

It's doing good so far, still needs thicker girls and lesbian sex, tho xD

what i need are female villains, if it ends up being mostly dudes in the end, then it'll lose points

oh hell yea it needs thicker girls lol
Apr 12, 2020 10:09 AM

Oct 2017
Damn now this episode was a mix of everything. The first part was ofc pretty dark, they brutally killed Hikawa. I didn't think Aoki would kill her tbh. Also Aoki and Shuuichi's conversation at the end was touching. I really like Aoki already tbh.

The fanservice was really lit in this episode too and the production of this anime is really great. Loving this show so far.
Apr 12, 2020 10:10 AM

Nov 2016
EcchiGodMamster said:

what i need are female villains

Have the feeling this will be the case.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 12, 2020 10:13 AM

Jan 2020
this episode was a lot stronger than the last one, MC finds out that this isn't going to be easy after Clair gets the ability to control his will when she's in the suit, and when she killed the other monster girl it helps the viewers understand that even though Shuichi's costume is kinda silly, this will be no joke
Apr 12, 2020 10:16 AM
Aug 2016
That house track near the beginning of the episode though. Whoever is working on the soundtrack for this anime has my respect
Apr 12, 2020 10:25 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, this was a surprise. A good one, that is.

Production Quality was amazing this episode. Certainly wasn't expecting such Quality at all! Clair brutally finishing off Hikawa and Shuuichi in the background hopeless at the sight of it, that was quite something.

I'm surprised that Clair decided to "enter" Shuuichi that easily in advance though. Even more surprised by her ability to fight but I doubt we'll get more on that. Pretty sure that bit in the end plus the set-up was totally intentional too, poor Shuuichi.

Some light into Clair's past as well. Interesting reveal right at the very end there, did her sister convert Shuuichi to this half-monster or what? If so, how'd she turn into one herself in the process? And then there's the parents killing bit and that mysterious ikemen too.

Soundtracks used during the fight were quite fitting as well, I've to say. On another note, the ED seems pretty cool too. Certainly gives off a similar vibe to the Op, I suppose. Fanservice bits thrown in here and there really adds to the atmosphere as well, which is a nice side treat of sorts lol.

As things stand, I'm interested but it could go either way really...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 12, 2020 10:38 AM
Nov 2019
That animation tho
Apr 12, 2020 10:38 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
FMmatron said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

what i need are female villains

Have the feeling this will be the case.

i just hope they don't all have to fucking die lol

japan loves killing them for some reason XD
Apr 12, 2020 10:45 AM

Aug 2013
Damn, the killed off Hikawa in a brutal way. It got really dark.

That ending got me interested, with the girl making a wish to be with Shuuichi.

Apr 12, 2020 10:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
IAintAllBad said:
[b]that "getting inside of him" scene was way kinkier than it should've been...[/]
is this going to be another depressing anime where all the characters just hate their lives and have mid-life existensial crisis at the age of 16? Sign me in

I know, right? It was strangely ecchi instead of incredibly terrifying.

Claire is absolutely crazy. She did not hesitate in killing that girl and feels no remorse. But our boy is about to go all Shinji on us, sooner rather than later.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 12, 2020 11:23 AM

Jul 2017
ok I take it back, Claire's aight. Shuuichi is still kinda bleh though. I really did like the animation, thought it was gonna be a 1 ep type of thing

Claire's sis seems mega crazy though. But the weird thing is how Claire "persuaded" shuuichi by saying more people would come to attack him as Hikawa did, but the only reason she attacked him was that she wanted the coin. Like if Shuuichi just continued his normal life like he was doing all this time, then there'd be no reason to attack him in the first place?

Also I feel like this show is more akin to Mirai Nikki than Darwin's Game was tbh, mainly because of sadistic female lead and pussy male one. Can't wait for Shuuichi to do a 180 later on :P
Apr 12, 2020 11:26 AM

Apr 2018
Episode 2 and i still fucking despise that woman.

Animation is good and music is amazing.

But that annoying bitch...
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Apr 12, 2020 11:30 AM

Mar 2015
Looks like this alien wish-granting dude loves to twist wishes like a sadistic D&D dungeon master.
The sword that takes life gives life
Apr 12, 2020 11:38 AM

Nov 2016
Definetly better than the first episode, the animation looks good. But she really had to try to kill herself again? that was pointless. The ecchi is unnecesary and the main character is bipolar af
Apr 12, 2020 11:38 AM
Jul 2019
So, Shuiichi is basically a bio suit that Claire needs to pilot......

So, it they have to kill off Hikawa too bad for her,

What Clair did to Hikawa's corpse.

Btw, does anybody knows as who was that girl who made a wish that made Shuiichi the way he is?????
Apr 12, 2020 11:41 AM

May 2015
Man, the animation in this episode was amazing. I know the story isn't the greatest thing ever, but the production values are just so good. I'm completely onboard for that aspect alone.

Apr 12, 2020 11:47 AM

Jul 2015
So, we have Sasuke Imouto. Nice.

Apr 12, 2020 11:47 AM

Feb 2017
This is so fun and entertaining. It really does have anything. Hopefully it continues like this and manages to entertain me throughout the whole run, I don't see why it wouldn't. Brutal fights, sexy girls, sakuga, some mystery... Let's go!
Apr 12, 2020 11:52 AM

Jul 2014
I know that many people don't like the fan service but I personally like how blatant it is, I feel that there is less and less anime like that and that it's part of the charm of this show.

Clair getting into the suit was a spectacle on its own. It reminded me of a reverse and more carnal version of the piloting on DitF lmao.

The fight was amazing and brutal, the great animation really adds to it.

Now we also know something about Clair's background. So her sister wanted to be with Shuichi, plus that keychain... so she's like the suit now?... What?! Nice to hear Kana Hanazawa tho.

And it's kind of weird how I'm not really a fan of the protagonists. Like, I like Clair but I don't exactly love her.
Apr 12, 2020 11:54 AM

Apr 2019
That whole scene with Clair entering the "suit" and "becoming one" with Shuuichi was pretty kinky. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 12, 2020 11:59 AM

Apr 2015
Still impressed with the quality this show has!

So Claire and Suuichi worked together to beat the one that attacked them last episode.. I swear those innuendos from Claire was priceless! Action was really good!

Claire's past (eventho it felt like it was very recently) is quite horrific!

So a strange girl has put her wish upon Suuichi? Can't wait to see that unraveled!

Also, that Claire camel toe though...
I hope my eyes didn't deceive me there, cause that would be awkward!!
CeddyyBearrApr 12, 2020 12:06 PM
Apr 12, 2020 12:01 PM

Feb 2011
The animation popped off in that fight, it easily tops any fight I've seen in a long time, it easily surpasses fights from shows like My Hero Academia. Just insane choreography and brutality, gotta love a good old hand to hand fight scene.
Apr 12, 2020 12:19 PM

Mar 2017
Claire is insane; there is no way I would get in that costume *shivers*. I can't decide whether I like Claire or not... sometimes she seems likeable and then she does so messed up shit.

People are calling Shuichi useless but it's normal to NOT want to kill and hurt someone! It's not like he chose to be a monster... the end made it pretty clear that someone else made him this way!

I kinda feel like the hidden ability of Shuichi's monster form is pretty shit though; it's invasive and he has absolutely no control once someone gets into the costume.
Apr 12, 2020 12:23 PM

Jul 2012
Didnt like the first episode but damn this one was really dope
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2020 12:28 PM

Dec 2019
Really happy Clair shot that bitch this anime is taking a good route (hopefully) where Main Character actually kill some enemies instead of trying to be the peak of morality and crap

I'm getting strong Mirai Nikki vibes from this one :)

Even if a question has a proper answer, sometimes one cannot simply give it away.  – Holo 

Apr 12, 2020 12:30 PM

Jul 2014
I hate the 2 main characters, the guy is the typical pussy that can't do shit while the female one is a damn suicidal bitch, not gonna waste my time with this.
Dropped.
Apr 12, 2020 12:33 PM
Jul 2017
Wow! They really went all-in with the penetrative sex metaphors and innuendo didn't they?

Aoki is genuinely a terrible person. I have no idea why I'm so drawn to her character XD
Apr 12, 2020 12:47 PM

Jan 2016
That fight was amazing. Claire is hot af btw
Apr 12, 2020 12:57 PM

Jun 2017
This episode was fire. Pretty surprised actually. So it seems there is a chick who wants to get it on with Shuuichi so she wished this weird power for him. I assume she will be pretty pissed when she finds out another girl is already "riding" him.... Hope that catfight will be dope.
Apr 12, 2020 1:03 PM

Apr 2016
WOW Just WOW. This anime is better and better.
I think i found my AOTS

Apr 12, 2020 1:05 PM

Mar 2018
OK, i love this episode. The PV had me intrigued, i also like the OP song , the ost and how the characters are drawn from the first episode but i'm still skeptical about it...

I'm really sold on this show thanks to this episode. The action and ost are lit! The sound when they breaking her leg... it feels like i'm the one who did that, also the scream than soon followed after, her VA really did a good job on that. I don't really mind a wimpy MC and some fanservice but we'll see if i change my mind later.
Apr 12, 2020 1:05 PM

Nov 2011
Way better episode then the first. That fight was animated perfectly! Holy shit if the fights in this anime are going to look the same I am ready! Claire is a fucking babe, and while Shiuchi is a little bitch atm I think he'll get better.

I laughed when Claire said she Pissed inside of him LOL.

Great anime so far.

The opening hits HARD!

Horn_dawg_2019 said:

Btw, does anybody knows as who was that girl who made a wish that made Shuiichi the way he is?????

I would assume that Black hair girl at the end was Claire's sister because she had the same Voice as that Blob that was also Claire's sister.
SoraSenpaiApr 12, 2020 1:09 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 12, 2020 1:19 PM

Jan 2017
The animation is way beyond what I was expecting even after seeing the ep1.

But I'm afraid that the story will be going into that dark and edgy direction :(
Apr 12, 2020 2:01 PM

Jun 2013
the ost at the beginning was catchy also the animation during the fight was good
Apr 12, 2020 2:11 PM

Dec 2015
Feels a bit like a mecha lol. :D (Girl is piloting him.)

Also at the end I guess that was Elena (the sister) and she somehow must have wished for the main to get the transformation powers cause she had the little toll that looked like his transformation. She must have used another coin to get herself turned into a "monster" as well then.

Music at the beginning was weird. But fun lol.
Apr 12, 2020 2:16 PM

May 2019
holy shit
that was a very good episode

EDIT: i actually cant tell if i like the main characters or not i have a mix feeling

and that sakuga in the fight i did not expect a good animation from this show

the soundtracks are also awesome

i give this episode a 5/5
AskaaApr 12, 2020 2:25 PM
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2020

196 by BiggKab »»
Apr 5, 3:51 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2020

93 by sapphiron22 »»
Dec 11, 2023 11:15 PM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2020

142 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:14 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2020

90 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:13 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2020

73 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.