Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 11, 2020 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh Bakarina and her silly personality. Not surprised she is already getting into drama in the show and even one of the princes, Alan.

Still a very entertaining show imo. The character personalities are hilarious especially between Bakarina and Mary. One recurring gag in this show so far is the multiple Bakarina mental scenes which I find very amusing. Also, her forehead has that X sign since the incident lol
Stark700Apr 11, 2020 10:45 AM
Apr 11, 2020 9:54 AM
Apr 2020
Fun fact - otome isekai plots points and scenarios are Not a true representation of how actual otome dating sim games work.

They are instead a hybrid mix of otome game mechanics and old-school shoujo manga/romantic novels/dramas that became the popular default template for aspiring webnovel writers to copy-paste from (much like the “RPG fantasy world of levels and dungeons” template started by male-targeted works like Shield Hero or Slime Reincarnation).

1) Villainess characters in otome WNs are modelled on evil/scheming love rivals of older shoujo manga/romance dramas/soap operas who serve to cockblock the story’s main character (MC) and male lead (ML) from getting together smoothly (and generating the requisite drama for viewers to lap up).
Actual otome games hardly have love rivals like this; you’re more likely to find a story-related villainess/villain that advances the game’s overall/overarching plot but isn’t love-related.
Game drama tends to come from the MC-ML interactions in their respective routes. MLs tend to have unresolved psychological issues/ghosts of their pasts that continue affecting them; and it’s up to the kindly emphatic MC to give them much-needed counselling and support to spiritually heal them (TLDR cracking open their shells to heal their soft tortured insides.)

2) Denunciation events in otome webnovels are modelled on similar romance drama events. In those stories, the love rival is usually an evil schemer involved in a lot of shady sh*t with the other story villains (ex. plotting to overthrow the country, sabotaging a company to justify its takeover, etc.).
The MC and ML of the drama will slowly collect info of the villainess’ doings before finally laying them bare in the drama’s final (or 2nd final) episode in front of the public and the head authority figure (ex. emperor, company founder, school principal); wherein the villainess is caught and shamed in front of a large crowd.
Actual otomes don’t really have plots like this, so you won’t find them there.

3) Otome WNs nearly always take place in 18th century inspired fantasy worlds based on European royalty and nobility. Expect lots of castles and mansions, elaborate frilly dresses of pre-revolutionary France style, dashing princes and nobles, and frequent tea parties (far from the living it rough, open world adventuring of male-targeted WNs.)
In contrast, actual otomes don’t limit themselves to just this setting. They can take place in various historical periods as well, from ancient Japan (Hakuoki, Nightshade), modern times (Collar x Malice, Amnesia – Memories) to scifi (Norn9).
(IMO the reused setting of otome WNs are telling as to how often WN authors rip off the same template set by their predecessors.)

4)The concept of a “otome villainess who’s actually good and wants to change their fate” is mostly a WN creation. Works like Bakarina popularized this trope, although it had its start in works like Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu and Inner Palace Tale of a Noble Villainess where the MCs were misunderstood villainesses (the former because of her original story role, the latter due to her mean-looking but beautiful face.)

zz2000Apr 11, 2020 9:59 AM
Apr 11, 2020 10:21 AM
Jun 2017
this is turning out to be a great show. i guess im just isekai trash
Apr 11, 2020 10:59 AM

Sep 2018
Two more joined the Bakarina harem :D
well that's just my opinion.....
Apr 11, 2020 11:03 AM

Feb 2019
Yay let’s goo been waiting all week for more Bakarina. Been a week full of pain with so many delays and postponements, but this, Bookworm, Arte , Kaguya and Yesterday wo utatte will work wonders for me.

Really like that OP

The council of Bakarina’s is the funniest part of the show lmao. The strategy going into every decision

Alan’s voice sounds familiar? Is that Boruto??

Really good episode, enjoyed seeing Alan growing closer to Katarina and their numerous showdowns. Don’t worry, one day you’ll win buddy https://imgur.com/a/OZehxwb

Banger ED as well! Can’t wait for next week.
Apr 11, 2020 11:03 AM

May 2014
...they're rushing a lot stuff in order to cram 2 chapters (of the manga) per episode, huh?

Ah well, still funny and cute as usual.

On a side note, I wish Crunchyroll/something could pick up the voiced POV videos.

EDIT: Oh, and I just noticed how they made all of the text in the ED glitch out. Nice foreshadowing... >:)
krzywasabiApr 11, 2020 11:16 AM
Apr 11, 2020 11:08 AM
Sep 2015
Very funny and energizing episode. But with more characters appear it's harder to keep everyone in focus.
Apr 11, 2020 11:16 AM

Jun 2013
Another fun episode, this might be one of my favorite shows of the season!
Apr 11, 2020 11:18 AM

Mar 2015
I love how her Harem keeps getting bigger, and she is just trying to stay alive.
Gotta say i'm on the Keith side for now, even though i loved every single character shown so far.
Apr 11, 2020 11:22 AM

Mar 2019
I liked the concept of this anime but I feel like there's a hint it's going to go the Harem/reverse-Harem route, I didn't read the source material! but I hope they don't go that way!

still gonna be fun to watch nonetheless!
Apr 11, 2020 11:23 AM

Oct 2012
Another great episode! I was laughing so much when Alan accused Catarina of trying to seduce his fiancée! And he weakness of the other prince being snakes lol I love it. Nice ending also!
Apr 11, 2020 11:29 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Another fun and entertaining episode, this is quickly turning out to be a peach of a show!

Nice to see more of Mary this episode. For a second, I mistook her for the MC lol. Hilarious how Catalina stole Alan's words and, in the process, possibly her heart too.

And more of Alan too. Straight-up accusations of seduction, that's some world they live in. Inferiority complex it seems but well played Catalina, things are clearly proceeding too well here. I can't wait for the Heroine to show up xD.

ED song was quite nice and its visuals more so fitting too imo.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 11, 2020 11:37 AM

Oct 2017
This episode was hilarious. Katarina is just so adorable and amusing at the same time, I really like her. Also looks like she'll steal all the girls for herself too lol.
Apr 11, 2020 11:40 AM

Mar 2013
Marinate1016 said:

No. That's Kobayashi from Dragon Maid, Kanamori from Eizouken and Lutz from Ascendance of a Bookworm. And young Kakashi.
Apr 11, 2020 11:43 AM

Jul 2015
Nobody escapes Bakarina gravitational pull, her denseness is just too big.

5/5
Apr 11, 2020 11:45 AM

Jan 2017
Again a great episode, but THAT ENDING SONG THO!!!
Apr 11, 2020 11:46 AM

Jul 2017
May consider dropping this next week (not sure), since man I'm just not able to get into this show and it's comedy per say. Everything so far has fallen flat for me, I hope something can change and the plot becomes somewhat interesting next episode.
Apr 11, 2020 11:54 AM
Aug 2018
krzywasabi said:
...they're rushing a lot stuff in order to cram 2 chapters (of the manga) per episode, huh?

Ah well, still funny and cute as usual.

On a side note, I wish Crunchyroll/something could pick up the voiced POV videos.

EDIT: Oh, and I just noticed how they made all of the text in the ED glitch out. Nice foreshadowing... >:)

what foreshadowing?
Apr 11, 2020 11:56 AM

Jan 2014
She really does have an evil face lmao. I know she's the 'bad girl' but still, it really shows.
Apr 11, 2020 12:01 PM
Apr 2019
Solid as eps 1..

ED too goood...
Apr 11, 2020 12:02 PM

Jan 2019
Really like this anime ! :3
Apr 11, 2020 12:05 PM

Mar 2017
Okay, this episode was actually good (I didn't like last week's ep). I really love Alan and Keith was as adorable as ever but Geordo... little snitch! I hope he becomes more likable later on.
Apr 11, 2020 12:05 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So this is starting to turn into a reverse harem situation with all the guys falling for Caterina. I like the OP and ED so far.
Apr 11, 2020 12:12 PM

Mar 2015
I don't like that it looks like it's gonna be a reverse-harem, but I'm enjoying the comedy so far and at least her harem isn't limited to just the male characters lol
Apr 11, 2020 12:13 PM

Nov 2016
Wasn't it pretty obvious that this would have reverse harem elements? The Otome Game is even in the title xD

Another fun episode, the council meetings remind me so much of Umaru-chan.

And lol @ Bakarina during that buffet, spirit animal moment.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 11, 2020 12:16 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Such a cute OP. The sparks between Keith and Geardo though lol. While her father's a kind man the mother seems to be your typical noble though it seems. That party though sure proved to be a challenge for Katarina though. Still it also provided an excellent opportunity for her to see that beautiful rose garden. Mary's skills as gardener though is truly impressive Despite their poor start it's nice seeing Katarina and Mary strike up a friendship and bond over their shared interests. Until now Mary though sure had quite the tough life. Its amusing in how their relationship was mistaken by Alan to be something else entirely. The little race between the two sure ended up in creating quite the unique relationship between the two though. Alan's skill with the piano though was impressive. Overall an excellent ep that did well in both expanding upon Katarina's personality while also introducing the new character of Mary as well. Its also nice to see Alan get some much needed expansion as well. Can't wait to see what antics Katarina will get up to next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2020 12:25 PM

Dec 2013
She is now charming a girl too, her cuteness power is too strong.
Apr 11, 2020 12:35 PM

Mar 2014
I wonder if everyone will end up falling in love with Catarina in contrast to the game lol. Another great episode. I am kinda tired of the usual isekai anime so this otome version of the genre is really refreshing and fun!
Apr 11, 2020 12:38 PM
Jun 2016
IkiriInkya said:
it really is a great show i usually never rewatch an episode that often .but i actually re watched first two episodes more than one time . the show is that good. cant wait for next episode
Apr 11, 2020 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
I love the main character so much. This anime's pace is slow but it feels right.

I couldn't stop laughing at her smug face after the credits. To think what saves her from death would be a toy snake, sounds like Otome alright.
Apr 11, 2020 1:35 PM

May 2015
Really fun anime! Looking forward to see how different her route will be from the game.
Apr 11, 2020 1:58 PM
Dec 2018
I was waiting for this, honestly the intro of Mary Hunt and Alan Stuart were funny too, especially the toy snake, I was waiting for that XD. Honestly I hope they would added the thunder and black clouds when Keith and Gerald were talking in the beginning, it will be hilarious, bit still funny, my best girl did it again. XD

Next episode will be Sophia and Nicol Ascart.
HelaLoveApr 14, 2020 3:21 PM
Apr 11, 2020 1:59 PM

Apr 2012
IkiriInkya said:

How I love when people with such or opposite comments appear in the discussion of LITERALLY EACH isekai show. If people do not like isekai show, then why do they constantly monitor the latest in this genre? It's pointless.

Danae said:
I wonder if everyone will end up falling in love with Catarina in contrast to the game lol. Another great episode. I am kinda tired of the usual isekai anime so this otome version of the genre is really refreshing and fun!

KanameYuuki said:
She is now charming a girl too, her cuteness power is too strong.

Almost 90% of the characters are in her harem, regardless of gender, views or original personality. Fandom's running gag says that even parents or servants are in love with her.

ShinyOppai said:
I liked the concept of this anime but I feel like there's a hint it's going to go the Harem/reverse-Harem route, I didn't read the source material! but I hope they don't go that way!

still gonna be fun to watch nonetheless!

Romance exists in this show only as a plot tool, but it is definitely a harem in any sense. However, Bakarina still thinks it is a friendship route.

FMmatron said:
Wasn't it pretty obvious that this would have reverse harem elements? The Otome Game is even in the title xD

Another fun episode, the council meetings remind me so much of Umaru-chan.

And lol @ Bakarina during that buffet, spirit animal moment.

You won’t even believe how ignorant people can be about what they are watching. Remember how many people thought that Yagatte Kimi ni Naru was about an asexual girl, not an inexperienced lesbian.
Apr 11, 2020 2:03 PM

Apr 2019
When I first saw the description of this anime a few months back while browsing the Spring stuff, I didn't oay it much mind and was almost certain it was going to be another skippable isekai. After seeing a considerable amount of hype from manga readers surrounding the adaptation I decided well maybe it would be worth giving it a shot. And heck am I glad I did - boy oh boy I did not expect to enjoy this as much as I am.

The main protagonist is actually really likable and has a ton of personality, I often struggle with female protags as they always seem to be weaker but I'm really liking her at the moment. The opening is absolute gold I love it so much rguhetwr and every second is entertaining, there's never a dull moment. While this isn't anything with remotely deeper meaning to it, that doesn't matter, because it's such a refreshing watch compared to all the other shitty F Class isekai anime that are battery farmed in each coming season. I just hope that it remains that way for the entirety of the series and if it does then I'll be more than happy.

Also it's been a hot minute since I've gotten to watch a new reverse harem (not including Fruits Basket as it's technically a remake), you love to see it.
Apr 11, 2020 2:04 PM
Apr 2020
I love how Katarina is like "He is just a kid. I am 17+9 years old, i can handle this" and immediately proceeds to have childish fight with him.

Also why do I have feeling that Giordo is not actually afraid of snakes more than anyone else, but just freaked out because Katarina picked it up?
Apr 11, 2020 2:05 PM

Mar 2018
I have so much fun from this anime. Hearing angela and KATSU doing the OP is just a blessing, I can't contain my laughter, they probably had a lot of fun creating this piece!

Catarina is clearly going for a Harem end without knowing it herself. Mary completely loves Catarina, question would be real love or admiration, going for the last one... Alan going after Catarina now to conquer Mary, great prince!
The piano scene was brilliant to show Alan's good quality.

The ED... Silver Link did it again! It's a masterpiece and I'm not even an ED-person. The song and the animation is top-notch and completely matches with each other. The style of the credits is also noteworthy! Oof...

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Apr 11, 2020 2:17 PM

Dec 2014
wow...this series is so entertaining... I hope caterina escapes her doom
Apr 11, 2020 2:24 PM

Nov 2014
im loving the addition of yuri

RobertBobert said:
IkiriInkya said:

How I love when people with such or opposite comments appear in the discussion of LITERALLY EACH isekai show. If people do not like isekai show, then why do they constantly monitor the latest in this genre? It's pointless.

what are you talking about? isekai trash doesn't mean hating isekai. it means loving isekai bruh.
Apr 11, 2020 2:28 PM
Mar 2020
personally, i don't tend to like isekais for whatever reason but I'm loving this so much lmao maybe it's because I'm otome game trash but i love Catalina (and Keith is also a favorite of mine so far)
Apr 11, 2020 2:49 PM
Dec 2018
Marinate1016 said:

Actually is the seiyuu of Kobayashi from miss kobayashis dragon maid, Zorome from Darling in the FranXX, Koushirou in Digimon Tri, Sayaka from Eizouken ni wa te wo dasu na and Lutz in Honzuki no gekokujou.
Apr 11, 2020 2:50 PM

May 2015
She really is a Villaness. Seducing everyone even the girls. Excellent to get some yuri in here. I cant wait for her to seduce the main heroine.

But OMG I LOVE HER!!! XD Her evil faces and grins she makes this episode are beautiful. Especially the evil face which is literally the villianess face lol.

This grin and the noise she makes LMAO
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 11, 2020 3:10 PM

May 2019
I am a huge ToG fan
I've been waiting for Kaguya S2 and Fruits Basket S2
I really love Yesterday wo Utatte
Nami yo Kiitekure turned out to be surprisingly good

But I currently enjoy this anime the most lol it was just so cute (˘▽˘>ԅ( ˘⌣˘)
Cleansed my soul

The MC seriously seducing every male and female out there lol I wonder how things will turn out once the heroine shows up
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Apr 11, 2020 3:33 PM

Apr 2012
ttcchen said:
im loving the addition of yuri

RobertBobert said:

what are you talking about? isekai trash doesn't mean hating isekai. it means loving isekai bruh.

The last time I looked at anime fandom, hatred of isekai was one of the most popular trends in general.
Apr 11, 2020 3:53 PM

May 2016
And so Katarina's harem continues to grow. Great episode!
Apr 11, 2020 5:19 PM
Apr 2016
IkiriInkya said:

That's probably not the case, I don't watch isekais at all - yet enjoy that title a lot.
Maybe im just a comedy thrash then...
Apr 11, 2020 5:32 PM

Mar 2016
So this is turning into a semi-reverse/semi-yuri harem? Cool! :D
Apr 11, 2020 5:58 PM
Feb 2020
Funny and entertaining episode.
Apr 11, 2020 6:08 PM

Dec 2017
I really enjoyed this one, a very quirky and fun show!
Apr 11, 2020 6:09 PM

Mar 2019
Mary Hunt.... so adorable....

I Love The Katarinas Meetings XD

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 11, 2020 6:17 PM

May 2017
Another fun and enjoyable ep
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

125 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

156 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

164 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

236 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

135 by tunaworks »»
Mar 27, 2:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.