Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2020 7:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty cool little intro there with Hayasaka. It looks like this first episode started with adapting chapter 30. Hayasaka is one of my favorite characters in the series so it's cool. They also added some humorous gags for entertainment.

Miyuki Shirogane and Chika are also back of course and just as entertaining so far as the first season. Chika's handmade game chapter was also adapted and it's hilarious.
Stark700Apr 11, 2020 7:43 AM
Apr 11, 2020 7:48 AM

Dec 2017
nice to see the quality staying the same. love advice and happy life had some funny inserts
overall same solid fun stuff

will they reach the
with this pace?
Apr 11, 2020 7:53 AM
Dec 2018
uninstallthegame said:
nice to see the quality staying the same. love advice and happy life had some funny inserts

will they reach the
with this pace?

definetly not lol. Not until its at least 24 episodes, and even that would be rushed haha.

Todays episode covered Chapter 30 and probably some of the 50s, since last season ended with the fireworks which was in the 40s. They cant jump to chapter 120-140 that fast.

I believe they will adapt some character arcs and S3 will adapt balloon arc
Apr 11, 2020 7:56 AM

Sep 2017
glad to see this one didnt postponed, the op is alright tho and the episode itself still funny

uninstallthegame said:

will they reach the
with this pace?

if you mean
most likely wont happen, its on chapter 110+ and need 24 episode i think
Apr 11, 2020 7:59 AM

Dec 2017
@DruMzTV @zalapeno i see. since they adapted 4 chapters this episode, i thought there might be a chance that would happen. well, a shame
Apr 11, 2020 8:02 AM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
Good start! Kaguya-sama, Fujiwara-shoki, and kaichou were cute as always. I’ll continue to watch this one <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2020 8:04 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Welp, it's Kaguya-sama, there is no way it can have a bad episode.

5/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 11, 2020 8:07 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode
Overall quality is outstanding
I love this series so much
Apr 11, 2020 8:08 AM

Apr 2015
Outstanding first episode! The animation and directing topped the first season! Surprised they added new material to chapter 30 even though it got partially cut.

OP is a banger, an absolute banger. It topped the first OP easily.

555/5

Kaguya will bless us with a wonderful season hopefully.
Apr 11, 2020 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
Kaguya is finally back! I want to live, so I'm staying home.

Wow, what a way to open a season. They seriously picked some of the best chapters for this one.
This adaptation exceeds my expectations every time.
Apr 11, 2020 8:21 AM

Jul 2017
They wasted zero time getting back into the swing of things.
Even with just one episode, they already went above and beyond. Even for manga readers, there was so much to be impressed by, whether it be what they added or how it was executed.

5/5/ 10/10. Amazing.

The OP is somehow on par, if not better than the first season's.

Spring 2020 is saved.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Apr 11, 2020 8:43 AM

Mar 2018
This is what you would expect of the same team working on it, quality and still lovely as usual! Good to hear the seiyuu's again in Kaguya-sama. Would say that if you loved the first opening, you will love this one.
As usual, I laughed way too hard again.
Koito91Apr 11, 2020 8:48 AM

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Apr 11, 2020 8:52 AM

Sep 2013
Kaguya-sama is back! So glad A1 picture did not delay this masterpiece.
Apr 11, 2020 9:05 AM

Oct 2017
Hilarious episode to start this season. Hasayaka had quite the intro hehe, she looked hot in the black tights. Kaguya fainting after hearing Miyuki's thoughts on dating was hilarious. Also Fujiwara's board game really did some critical hit on Kaguya XD.

Anyway glad this anime is back and A-1 pictures did a good job animating the first episode. Looking forward to see the next part animated.

uninstallthegame said:

will they reach the
with this pace?
It's been confirmed 12 episodes so nope.
MegamiRemApr 12, 2020 12:48 AM
Apr 11, 2020 9:24 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Can already tell this will be good.
Apr 11, 2020 9:33 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode, I'm so glad I held out on reading the manga. This is just too good.

Hayasaka's intro was awesome and damn that sequence with her 'defending' the student council room was cool.

Kaguya is just too adorable. Love her. <3
Ishigami has the absolute best reactions, he always makes me laugh.

The marriage stuff in the game was both hilarious and sad at the same time because of Kaguya's reactions.

In truth, Miyuki cares about the horoscope more than anyone. xD
OP is great, can't wait for more. Wish this could've been 2-cour.
Apr 11, 2020 9:41 AM

Nov 2011
My God from start to finish I was laughing.

Hayasaka and her Ninja/Spy antics.

The Shirogane and Ishigami wanting to tie up that guy with Toilet paper. (Side note: I love when these two have their own interacting moments. It's comedy gold.)

Entering NIRVANA! LOL

Damn man this episode was pure gold. Great way to start the new Season.

EDIT: Oh and the MUSIC! So good. It fit each scene perfectly.
SoraSenpaiApr 11, 2020 9:50 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 11, 2020 9:49 AM

Sep 2018
Its back baby! we got Hayasaka, Kashiwagi, Table Top Game and more!
Its so nice to see these characters again (considering how many anime's got postponed), and the new OP at the end was catchy AF !

Cant wait for next week :D
well that's just my opinion.....
Apr 11, 2020 9:49 AM

Feb 2019

LETS GOOO finally it’s back. What a great first episode. Personally, I didn’t find the first half of the first season that funny. This episode legit had me in stitches from the toilet paper to the hand holding in the office(super lewd btw) to the board game to the horoscope. 10/10 . With Fate, SAO, Oregairu, No Guns Life and VE all being postponed. Finally I have something to smile about

I ship it: https://imgur.com/a/3Z65EHH
Marinate1016Apr 11, 2020 10:02 AM
Apr 11, 2020 9:51 AM
Jul 2017
I had to use a VPN to watch the episode on Funimation, so does this mean season 2 is not available in the UK. I can still watch season 1 on crunchyroll.

Other than that issue the episode was great and hella funny episode!
love having love is war back :)
Apr 11, 2020 9:54 AM
Nov 2018
The quality of the episode is so good. They elevated some of the scenes from the manga by so much. It's been a while since I've last laughed this hard. I was dying throughout the episode xD
Apr 11, 2020 9:56 AM

Aug 2018
this season will probably end at

Mega hype

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenApr 12, 2020 2:07 AM
"Who needs drugs when you got cute anime girls?"
-Sun Tzu
Apr 11, 2020 10:13 AM

Feb 2014
It feels a bit different from season 1, but I can't pinpoint what exactly
Apr 11, 2020 10:18 AM

Oct 2013
Feels great to be back. Now as a manga reader :P

Loved every second of it
Apr 11, 2020 10:22 AM
Sep 2015
Strong first episode of the new season. So many pop references I almost certain either Madonna or Eon Productions will sue this LOL.
Apr 11, 2020 10:25 AM

Mar 2010
Purrrfection holy shit I had so much fun. Loved kaguya and her angelic smile and devilish charms, along the defeated look when she couldn't marry ROFL twas a great time.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.

Nov 2016
Wow, quite the introduction for Hayasaka and really super enjoyable start. Every scene with Chika was of course especially delightful and Kaguya was adorable too.

And nice opening again, glad they kept the funk and jazziness.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 2018
Catsuit Hayasaka.

That is all.

...seriously, amazing episode. The "nirvana" segment was hilarious, as was Chika's game and the birthday sparring. Loved it.
Set SCE to AUX
Apr 11, 2020 10:38 AM
Aug 2016
I loved the structure of the episode, A-1 choose really funny chapters and so far their job is good as it was S1.
Also, since it's confirmed at it'll be one cour and we know we have one arc for season, it will reach a good point but sigh, still hope for a s3 for the part that everybody want to see in the anime.
Apr 11, 2020 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
this episode was too funny. op is groovy. ie ie masaka masaka. can’t wait for next week.
Apr 11, 2020 10:40 AM

Jul 2014
Damn, same animation quality, and idk how but this short episodes/stories are getting better and better.
Apr 11, 2020 10:42 AM

Jan 2017
IT'S BACK AND STILL SO F GOOD!

Kaguya will save this miserable season!
Apr 11, 2020 10:42 AM

May 2019
uninstallthegame said:

will they reach the
with this pace?

Most certainly no, but people on r/kaguya_sama analyzed some trailers and

Play Thracia 776
Apr 11, 2020 10:46 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yes, this is what I've been waiting for! Welcome back, Kaguya-sama! Off to a flier, just like I expected. Animation Quality is top-notch this time around too so that's great company.

Finally, Kashiwagi's prank adapted! Man, I'm just so glad I held back the temptation to binge the manga from the get-go. Seeing this animated is just bliss. Even to this day, I'm just as clueless as Shirogane - have they attained Nirvana xD? Kaguya couldn't handle Shirogane's dating plans meanwhile, lmao. Poor tissue paper...

Starting off with some dope Hayasaka moments was a treat though, much like every single moment starring her really. Kaguya-sama not managing to even flinch from that position is so bloody adorable but you got to feel for Hayasaka there, lol.

Chika's game wasn't ever going to end well, I can see why both Shirogane and Shinomiya were strongly against it at first. And surprise, it turned out to be just that lol. Kaguya first place didn't matter one bit after all, damn that men rejection card. Finally, got that bit of Shirogane and Chika's marriage more importantly. PVs got me super worried lol. Whatever the case, lesson learned...

And lastly, the birthday chapter. Fantastic! Misunderstandings can be a wonderful thing at times, right? It's amazing how they totally nailed it with the characteristics though (except for Chika maybe lmfao).

Op is brilliant as well! Visuals totally delivered, quite expectantly for that matter, and the song great again. It'll be a pleasure to tune in on that for the season, most certainly!

All in all, I'm just really grateful that this didn't get the delay treatment too. I'm looking forward to my early Sundays even more now!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 11, 2020 10:46 AM
Apr 2018
Lesson learned: Do not marry Fujiwara.

Kaguya-sama: Love is War is back baby! Funny episode as usual. They were still able to maintain the quality. And the OP, I think it'll grow on me soon.
Apr 11, 2020 10:47 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
@Mohammadalmannai Just like what you did with S1, are you going to make a thread listing all the adapted chapters?
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 11, 2020 10:55 AM

Jul 2015
Poor Hayasaka. Poor Kaguya complete delusional.

5/5
Apr 11, 2020 10:57 AM

Apr 2015
cchigu said:
@Mohammadalmannai Just like what you did with S1, are you going to make a thread listing all the adapted chapters?

Yeah, I will do it ASAP, but the staff didn't announce the chapters for the second episode yet. I will make a seperate forum as soon as it gets updated.
Apr 11, 2020 11:00 AM

Feb 2010
So glad this show is back!

Happy Life Game <3
Apr 11, 2020 11:05 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Mohammadalmannai said:
cchigu said:

Yeah, I will do it ASAP, but the staff didn't announce the chapters for the second episode yet. I will make a seperate forum as soon as it gets updated.
Thanks man, it really helps to know which chapters to re-read.
Sep 2019
I missed this show so much...
I'm so happy it's back and better than ever!
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm glad to see that the adaptation of my one favorite manga continues to be at the same high level as the S1 was. Superb stuff. I love how they just nail the goofiness of some of these characters. Ando some of the voices are just exactly how you picture them when you read the manga.

Hayasaka is here and in a catsuit no less! All's well in the world.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 11, 2020 11:06 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Considering how many shows have already been postponed this season (and I fully expect there to be plenty more issues in the coming weeks since Japan is seeing a major surge in covid-19 cases the last couple days), it's at least nice knowing that Kaguya is still running to carry the torch. Just gotta hope it'll be able to keep doing that throughout too
Apr 11, 2020 11:10 AM

Sep 2016
Masterpiece. 120 points.
Nothing can stop their love, even coronavirus can’t.
Apr 11, 2020 11:12 AM

Jul 2014
Of to a great start, glad this didn't get delayed like most of the shows I've been looking forward to, fucking China virus getting my anime!
1st part had Hayasaka goodness!!! A-1 knows their audience! still am I the only one that noticed that they nerfed the shit out of Nagisa's tits lol. We also saw lots of my favorite stalker girl Maki chasing Nagisa and her bf.
OP song was... nice? probably still need to listen to it more to actual click with it but so far I prefer the S1 OP.
uninstallthegame said:

will they reach the
with this pace?

Highly doubt it, 99% sure the big story arc that equals the fireworks from previous season will be
Apr 11, 2020 11:25 AM

Sep 2011
Mohammadalmannai said:
cchigu said:

Good, that was alot of fun speculating on what would come next and just generally getting a feel for how they are adapting things. Especially cause unless god hates me and decides to skip them, this season will have some of my favorites adapted.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 11, 2020 11:31 AM

Feb 2018
Ohh finally! It's nice to see them again and it's a great start. Can't wait for more!
Apr 11, 2020 11:33 AM

Mar 2013
loved the first episode!! very good start into the series. very excited for more
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Apr 11, 2020 11:34 AM

Dec 2013
To be honest, this was pretty... boring?
I dunno, I didn't like anything about it. This is leagues below S1 so far.

2/5
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

665 by aod-kun »»
Mar 31, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

364 by princessukeni »»
Feb 17, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

296 by Kier_Reference »»
Jan 31, 7:42 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

260 by Dripz2012 »»
Jan 15, 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.