Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakushigoto: My Dad's Secret Ambition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 11, 2020 12:47 PM
Jul 2014
This epsisodes was so cute with father trying to help his daughter not feel excluded but there is a lot of foreshadowing if the father is actually dead it will crush my heart
Apr 11, 2020 1:28 PM

Dec 2009
omg that was just too great. no faults at all. loved this episode! I have the feeling there will be tears when the finale hits.
Apr 11, 2020 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
It's by no means bad, so unless it gets worse I'm not gonna drop it. It's better than the psuedo-isekai where he adopts the demon girl, at least.
Apr 11, 2020 5:06 PM

Jul 2014
I was a bit disappointed by this episode, the pacing was too fast and the overprotective dad is an overused trope in my opinion. The first half barely made me smile while the second was a bit funnier, well except that last scene. Otherwise, the animation was pretty lacking, especially on the faces.
Apr 12, 2020 4:38 AM
Apr 2019
I liked it, although I think it was less funny and original than the first episode, especially the first half.

The scene of the boxes left me with a bitter taste, everything seems to indicate that the mother is either dead or gone. Is the father too? I don't know what to think yet, but the atmosphere in some scenes seems to make us believe something bad bad happened.
Apr 12, 2020 6:51 AM

Jul 2013
Damn, what a rlly relaxing and feel good episode that was.
Seems like it's going to turn out to be the most wholesome and also sad AOTY at this rate.

Seems like the Mother must have known she was going to die of some sort of illness when Hime was very young judging from all those boxes.
Looking like Sensei Daddy is also going to pass away somehow at some point.
Apr 12, 2020 10:09 AM

Feb 2019
found an anime to chill, feels great to just watch them.
Apr 12, 2020 10:36 AM

Sep 2017
Going pretty well as of now..
Apr 12, 2020 1:24 PM

Nov 2007
How are they gonna try and pull at our emotions like that at the end. I'm interested to see how this potentially sad aspect meshes with the comedy. Feels a bit out-of-place but I'm intrigued with the mom and the future.

Another good episode overall. I love the humor and the social commentary on esoteric things like being a mangaka.
Apr 12, 2020 9:06 PM
Mar 2019
what's with the last minutes of this episode!!!!!
I love K-On, and so should you.

Apr 12, 2020 9:07 PM
Mar 2019
i dont want a sad ending of this series, but im now expecting it to be.
I love K-On, and so should you.

Apr 12, 2020 9:39 PM

May 2019
If this is heading even remotely in the direction that a lot of us are anticipating, we're gonna be in for some tears.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 14, 2020 3:22 AM

Feb 2020
This show is truly fun ! It made me chuckle a few times. And Gotou's relationship with Hime is so sweet.
However, I'm starting to get really worried. The last scene seems to confirm what I feared with the 1st episode's introduction : Gotou is actually dead in those scenes with grown-up Hime.
And now the boxes, mixed with Hime's reflexion about how there were things she didn't want to know, not to mention what the teacher said about Hime trying to escape reality, is definitely hinting at Gotou's job not being the real issue. He is most likely ill, which explains why he bought Hime clothes for each state of her life, as a way to always be with her. He made a box for each year because he also doesn't know when he is going to die,it could be anytime soon and he already could have died.
This is also why he tries so much to protect Hime : he wants to cherish every moment with her, with his happy, innocent daughter unaware of the harsh reality, but Hime probably already figured something but doesn't want to think about it.
I hope I'm wrong but everything, including Hime's mom being gone, is hinting so strongly at it.
I'm not ready for the feels, but at the same time I'm sure I'll love this show. It's such a bittersweet story.
Apr 14, 2020 4:27 AM

Sep 2016
Fafette said:
This show is truly fun ! It made me chuckle a few times. And Gotou's relationship with Hime is so sweet.
However, I'm starting to get really worried. The last scene seems to confirm what I feared with the 1st episode's introduction : Gotou is actually dead in those scenes with grown-up Hime.
And now the boxes, mixed with Hime's reflexion about how there were things she didn't want to know, not to mention what the teacher said about Hime trying to escape reality, is definitely hinting at Gotou's job not being the real issue. He is most likely ill, which explains why he bought Hime clothes for each state of her life, as a way to always be with her. He made a box for each year because he also doesn't know when he is going to die,it could be anytime soon and he already could have died.
This is also why he tries so much to protect Hime : he wants to cherish every moment with her, with his happy, innocent daughter unaware of the harsh reality, but Hime probably already figured something but doesn't want to think about it.
I hope I'm wrong but everything, including Hime's mom being gone, is hinting so strongly at it.
I'm not ready for the feels, but at the same time I'm sure I'll love this show. It's such a bittersweet story.

Err. I think the boxes were made by her mother, and that is her that is no longer there.
That would explain him being confused when his daughter told him he made those for her, he was like "but I didn-"
bruh
Apr 14, 2020 7:52 AM

Feb 2020
FullyCharged said:
Fafette said:

Err. I think the boxes were made by her mother, and that is her that is no longer there.
That would explain him being confused when his daughter told him he made those for her, he was like "but I didn-"

Oooh I'm dumb I didn't at all think about it but it makes much more sense.
Apr 14, 2020 8:41 AM

Nov 2017
The OP is quite lit. Now it's fun seeing Kakushi and Hime like this, but I think I'm more interested in grown up Hime and her life.

plz @ me
Apr 14, 2020 9:58 PM

Jun 2009
There were a lot of light-hearted fun scenes, but this ep. had some sad moments starting when those kids asked whether Hime was ever taught by her mom.. Hime's Sensei's reaction to that interaction & then changed reactions towards Gotou was appreciated. She seems caring when she hinted to Gotou about Hime that maybe she doesn't want to think about some things. Gotou was so endearing trying to figure out what Sensei meant.. The boxes in the closet & the ending scenes were sad too..

I really hope nothing bad happens to Gotou.

Apr 14, 2020 11:45 PM

Apr 2020
Haha the comedy really got me.
Apr 15, 2020 7:18 AM

Aug 2019
This show is cute but it's making too many tone shifts between comedy and drama which is kinda off
Apr 15, 2020 11:35 AM

Sep 2014
I was thinking about dropping this after ep 1. This episode wasn't the greatest either, but it was definitely a bit better. The ending though got me interested and I may very well keep on watching because of that.
Apr 15, 2020 8:43 PM
Dec 2019
Is he dead or something?I felt really sad.
Apr 16, 2020 4:51 AM

Apr 2016
So is the dad dead or no ? Someone spoil me before i drop this.
Apr 16, 2020 6:20 AM
Jul 2018
Swagernator said:

Apr 16, 2020 6:51 AM

Apr 2016
squirrvev said:
Swagernator said:

Apr 16, 2020 2:40 PM
Nov 2018
good mix of humor and introspection. it seems like the dad dies at some point. once she revealed the age 17-20 boxes, that hit me damn son.
Apr 16, 2020 3:38 PM

Mar 2010
Man this is actually turning out really well. The innocent jokes really can grow on you. Loved how the police just left after seeing his nudes ROFL

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 16, 2020 5:42 PM

Jun 2012
This show is adorable, charming, and absolutely hilarious with its over-the-top comedic antics.

I was surprised by the legit pathos in the end, where Hime wonders what other secrets her father might have been hiding from her. I hope it's nothing too bad, because I really like the loving overprotective dynamic that the two of them have. (It's relatable, despite being a bit exaggerated in this show.) Hopefully this overprotective nature didn't give Hime too much emotional baggage.

This is a really enjoyable show so far, and I'm definitely still invested!
Apr 17, 2020 8:15 PM

Jul 2017
This show continues to be adorable and heartwarming, not to mention enjoyable and hilarious.

Of course, the mangaka's true terrors are realized too soon, and some rest is needed even from his assistants. And of course, Kakushi monitoring Hime on her field trip to make sure she is covered fully and without injury. But what's a field trip than spending time to draw together...in the dark.

And counterfeit bootlegs...AH, what a rip-off for those trying to cash in on the popularity...ALL THESE without Hime discovering the secret truth that's run rampant.

LOLS at the police thinking that Kakushi's manga space is a cult...and then the nude falls in as proof, what a fun ride.

The tragedy that is grown-up Hime knowing Kakushi's secrets...we'll reach that point eventually, but it's a mystery for now.
Apr 21, 2020 10:31 PM

Oct 2017
The comedy was not funny at all tbh. But aside that the feels were great at the end scene.
Apr 23, 2020 1:45 PM
Dec 2019
Tekakurika said:
So wait... is he dead or what?

Yea I think so,he does also dissappear in the op when she grows up
Apr 29, 2020 11:42 AM

Jan 2014
The ED song style reminds me of Electric Light Orchestra. It's a nice upbeat tune, reminiscent of E.L.O. They were a great band, I wonder if they were the inspiration for this song.
ZagafonApr 29, 2020 7:03 PM
Apr 30, 2020 8:23 AM

Nov 2015
not my humor at all and nearly all the characters seem generic and uninspiring. the soundtrack tho is alright and i like the topic of being a mangaka, but thats really it

2/5
May 1, 2020 3:10 PM

Jan 2013
What an episode, the whole boxes scene...damn, those feels.
I do wonder why the anime is jumping from past to present...

And from a few comments that i read..i am starting to think that this might turn pretty dark.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 3, 2020 11:44 PM

Jan 2012
jTiKey said:
The jokes are unoriginal and the execution is bad. Dropped. Also, the main character worships that child like it's a goddess.

I have a daughter who is 1 year old and I can safely say without hesitation I worship the ground she walks on! While I disagree with the rest of your reasoning I can say that's a valid and personal reason for not liking it, different stroke y'know.... comedy is very subjective and people like different type of humor too so it isn't going to be for everyone!
May 4, 2020 5:36 AM
Apr 2020
Oh boy! This episode got me teary-eyed,those boxes! 😢
May 5, 2020 5:11 AM

Mar 2010
Might drop this since he seems to be dead :(
May 15, 2020 6:21 AM

Jan 2019
The future is so sad I think I'm definitely crying at the end of this show
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"] aa[/font]

May 22, 2020 2:14 AM

Mar 2020
"mangaka won't play video games because of guilt" Togashi has entered the chat
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
May 24, 2020 2:38 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah like i guess in the first part, maybe something bad just happen to her dad. Thats when she trying hard to portray, to tracing their past again, and her dad true jobs. Sadly when seeing the end scenery in this episode. When the time comes, more tear may come to my face?

Well, despite sad part in the present, its funny to seeing more interaction between Hime, and her dad. Their daily life were so sweet, eventhough i found something burden their whole life. Yet, this episode still bring me more fun, chill, and mostly some laugh at some points. Knowing the teacher scene was good too. I wonder what she can do at the future?
badabassMay 24, 2020 2:44 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 5, 2020 11:05 AM

Aug 2017
I have Barakamon vibes with this show, its good! Ironic that they went to rest but ended up cleaning and drawing manga lol. I liked the ambiguous message of the first part, is Hime thinking to get away from reality or not? Second part is creepy and not funny, sorry, the false alarm was a good idea but rushed. The third half comedy was gold, Kakushi really ruined himself in the end lol. The last part was over-the-top and not so funny like the first and the third, I liked the idea but huh, it could be better.

But ofc I love the ending, it shows us that Hime never really tried to know the truth. I'm curious about what happened to Kakushi in the present, is he dead?

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 5, 2020 4:04 PM

Sep 2011
They are not even trying to hide what they are going for, huh? Even the OP has signs. Unless it's subversion of expectations. I really hope the ending will actually be happy though.
The original boxes probably made by Hime's mother was very touching.
Jul 25, 2020 2:16 AM
Mar 2012
lol Goto vs sensei misunderstanding, & disaster drill with business suits were great.
OP makes it clear, but this show just nonchalantly switches to somber vibes. The comedy is too hit & miss, but the serious parts are directly perfectly.
Hime's been showing high maturity for her age, yet wasn't ever curious where's the mom. Man them boxes hit hard twice with the VE flashback.
Aug 31, 2020 10:23 AM

Jul 2015
Those mangaka sure are hopeless if it comes to working under stress for an upcoming deadline, taking a break near sea and mountains and escaping the clutches from the government before they stop your antisocial organisation.

Those last scenes were sad, those boxes full of stuff probably made by the mother and then the endscene where she discovers the secret feels like Kakushi isn't around anymore...

Aug 31, 2020 8:06 PM
Dec 2016
Hey, I came here to laugh, not to feel! :(
Sep 3, 2020 1:53 PM
Feb 2018
his a great dad. the part with the teacher and cops was very funny
Feb 23, 2021 1:48 AM

Jun 2020
Lol!!!!! That was hilarious. Everyone in this is so funny lol

From Hime’s teacher who has that crush on him to his manga crew to his editor lmaoooo I burst out laughing when his editor was like o sry I’m on a ~~work trip~~ & walked past him lollllolol & the festival scenes were sooo funny. And L O L at them having a drill for if Hime visits the studio lol!!!!!

Hime is so adorable ♡
The age boxes were so bittersweet.....I hope that doesn’t mean he is going to die or anything (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 25, 2021 6:31 AM

Mar 2013
Most of the Episode was super fun and lighthearted up until the end ._. it's only episode 2 and was only for the last 3 minutes but it still was super sad. Man I didn't sign up for this I came back to this series for something light-hearted ahhhh
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Mar 2, 2021 4:41 AM

May 2016
These subtle changes during Hime's growth gonna hard as a truck if its a tragedy...
Mar 25, 2022 11:09 AM

Jul 2021
Wow the dramatic tension appeared
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 29, 2022 11:00 AM
Nov 2020
The foreshadow in the end was a bit sad. Those boxes reminds me of Anna's letters from VE. Hope it doesn't turn out like that.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2020

99 by AngelFlash »»
May 5, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Marinate1016 - May 28, 2020

80 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 26, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 18, 2020

270 by CaseDiagram »»
Feb 18, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

226 by removed-user »»
Sep 4, 2023 10:22 AM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ashhk - May 21, 2020

93 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 2, 2023 5:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.