Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 27, 2020 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kinda interesting with the windows of background storytelling even in the series' finale. But at last, the truth comes to light and Sherlock also returns.

Episode was able to piece together the buildup between the main cast together for their final case. Gotta also give Watson some credit for his detective skills. Him and Sherlock teaming up is like the dream duo of this show.
Mar 27, 2020 10:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The most ridiculous version of Sherlock Holmes i've ever seen but it was so ridiculous that it became funny to watch
Mar 27, 2020 11:35 AM
Sep 2015
I know immediately that Moriarty was already gone and his hideout is his last will.

And Moriarty is quite a weak villain in this adaptation. The only good decision he made is that he try to make Sherlock kiss with Watson.
Mar 27, 2020 12:05 PM

May 2019
So.... Moriarty got away? Tf?
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Mar 27, 2020 12:22 PM

Oct 2017
They managed to wrap this up better than I expected. Pretty touching episode, Sherlock reading Moriarty's letter was emotional.

When I watched the first episode this felt so weird and ridiculous and I'm surprised that not only I got used to it but I also started to like this weirdness lol. Anyway pretty fun anime overall with some good moments and mysteries. Glad it got a good end.
nanimeanswhat said:
No he's dead.
Ashhk said:
The most ridiculous version of Sherlock Holmes i've ever seen but it was so ridiculous that it became funny to watch
Agreed lol.
Mar 27, 2020 12:44 PM

May 2019
MegamiRem said:

nanimeanswhat said:
No he's dead.

Oooo... naruhodo So he never survived that fall to begin with? Then what happened to his corpse?
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Mar 27, 2020 12:59 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty good finale. So Moriarty was dead all along (happy about that), but he left a little escape room of sorts with some kind of camera detection prerecorded video as a sort of will. I guess that implies he kinda expected he would lose in the end. At least to point where he figured he should prepare such a thing. I've never read or watched any other Sherlock fiction so I have nothing to compare it with, but this was a wild ride anyhow. Just wish some of the other detectives actually managed to solve a case and it wasn't always big brain Sherlock.
Mar 27, 2020 1:16 PM

May 2018
So even in death Moriarty was able to haunt Sherlock.
Mar 27, 2020 2:00 PM
Mar 27, 2020 2:15 PM

Nov 2011
I liked this anime a lot. It was fun, action packed, and just a decent show overall. I like Rakugo so maybe it hits a little more, but I loved Sherlock.

8/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 27, 2020 2:28 PM

Jan 2017
This was a fun anime! I liked the 1st half slightly more than the 2nd half, maybe because I enjoyed how the Jack the Ripper story line concluded. As for this episode in particular, the only thing that's bothering me is what happened to Moriarty's body if he's now dead.

7/10
Mar 27, 2020 2:37 PM
May 2019
I'm still bothered by the fact that post-hypnotic suggestion is just apparently a thing that both exists and is never explained. Real people, real crimes, real motivations, and uh, also some mind control.

Honestly if not for that bit I'd have a lot less problems with it. I maintain they could have told the same story with the same beats without including post-hypnotic suggestion that can make people commit crimes and kill themselves. Reminds me of another certain show from Fall 2019's season...
Mar 27, 2020 2:38 PM

Jun 2014
This show got off to a pretty slow start but picked up momentum once the Jack case started to really get itself going. I think the second half piggybacked off the momentum of the first and so it feels like it picked up steam more quickly and didn't feel as aimless at its start. Once the second half started it was quite the wild ride, but this finale seemed to wrap up most things pretty nicely (except for Moriarty's weird, unexplained, mind control thing).

A decent show overall, nothing to really write home about and while it wasn't always good, it had its moments.
thebrentinator24Mar 27, 2020 2:43 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 27, 2020 3:10 PM

Aug 2013
So Moriarty is dead for good.

This was a pretty decent show and it was fun while it lasted.

Mar 27, 2020 4:04 PM

Dec 2019
Overall good ending, i guess Moriarty is dead, and from the looks of it we won't get a second season, i kinda want a second season the cases were lit.
                                                         🖤   

Mar 27, 2020 4:16 PM

Aug 2014
Well, that was an unexpectedly good show. 7/10. I was still confused about Moriarty but I guess he really did die. That was sad.

Now, does anyone know what the final card at the end of the episode said?
https://imgur.com/a/nYJw68E
Also does anyone have a translation for this one in episode 17? I want to find who my detective is :"D
https://imgur.com/a/iUFQnR7
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 27, 2020 4:17 PM

Apr 2012
Alex was the main character all along but they killed her before the anime even started
Mar 27, 2020 7:07 PM

Feb 2017
So it is over. Fine show all things consider, had fair share of fun with it but it wasn't really that good.
Mar 27, 2020 9:28 PM

Jan 2011
Eh, it had its moments.
Mar 27, 2020 10:30 PM

Nov 2019
Okay so he's dead but the body was never found

No explanation on how he hypnotizes

And bad expositions for a detective show, cant even execute Sherlock's deduction properly, it's just he's smart deal with it lol

5/10
Mar 28, 2020 1:00 AM

Mar 2016
So, Moriarty is dead, I guess. Which would mean he was just really good at predicting Sherlock and John's actions. This is confusing me.

Oh god, Mycroft was a brocon this whole time? I thought he was always up to something evil, but it wasn't really evil, apparently; just kind of creepy.

This anime was stupid and crazy, but it was oddly enjoyable.
Mar 28, 2020 1:25 AM

Jul 2017
The final stretch with Sherlock deducing Moriarty's actions, now that all evidence and clues are linked together.

It's safe to say that Alex got things started, whilst James was already in his ecstatic beahvioural mind of a killer. The whole "teapot" thing was a resounding placeholder between James and Alex's relationship as siblings.

Both Sherlock and Watson managed to find Moriarty's hideout (in case the anybody found the room and was rigged full of cameras) full of riddles. It's when the OP visuals finally connected everything together (it has been that way since Episode 1, a very good foreshadowing).

All that Moriarty was is just like any other person: a person who desired acceptance and reciprocation. He is long dead since the incident on the rooftops, but his soul still remains, being transferred around like a teapot.

Decent show overall, spending 6 months in this felt like a chore sometimes, but the end result is that it's OK at best.
Mar 28, 2020 7:03 AM

Dec 2012
Good anime overall.

I find it interesting to have transposed the story from Sherlock Holmes to Shinjuku. In the end everything happens in a limited space.

As in other adaptations, I suspected that Moriarty would have a villain role at some point. I found it unfortunate that we noticed it too quickly.

Personally, I had not seen it coming that Jack would be Maki. I preferred this first part to the final part.

The final episode ends the series well, and despite the questions that arise about the disappearance of Moriarty's body, a second season does not seem necessary to me.

My favorite characters:
- Irene
- Mrs. Hudson
- Sherlock

Special mention for the music that I really liked.

Final score: 7/10
Mar 28, 2020 7:09 AM

Sep 2019
CodeMonkeys said:
suggestion that can make people commit crimes and kill themselves. Reminds me of another certain show from Fall 2019's season...
BRUH...........................
Mar 28, 2020 9:59 AM
May 2016
Not the ending I was expecting but still good (obvious Moriarty was dead), and overall a good show for what it was. Pretty rare you get wrting that good and consistent over two cours having so much playing in the background of seemingly unrelated episodes that added to the overall story. Well done. Also it's nice to have a more "adult/mature" anime given all the shonen, isekai and CGDCT that make up most anime.
Mar 28, 2020 12:04 PM

Dec 2015
The first cour was very good, second cour started off very promising, then it just began to fall apart. I can get behind all the character development, but it's just so poorly written and executed.

9 for first cour, 3 for second cour, 6/10 overall.
Mar 28, 2020 3:19 PM
May 2014
ganomed said:
This anime was shite, for persons who planned watching it I recommend fleeing far away.

Shite but you watched it all.
Mar 28, 2020 4:01 PM

Apr 2017
So he is dead after the fall?
Mar 28, 2020 6:07 PM
Jun 2015
YggdraSEED said:
Okay so he's dead but the body was never found

No explanation on how he hypnotizes

And bad expositions for a detective show, cant even execute Sherlock's deduction properly, it's just he's smart deal with it lol

5/10

i totally agree with u
Mar 28, 2020 7:31 PM

Nov 2019
solidss said:
So he is dead after the fall?

Yeah which is a total bs coz the body was never found, laziest red herring ever, at least they should've explained why the body was never found, he didn't fall on a dumbsite or anything, he fall on a street smh and they can't find it lol
Mar 28, 2020 9:09 PM

Jun 2013
Moriarity's dead but we never got to see the body. I didn't enjoy this episode that much.

I can't believe I stuck with this show until the end, I'm glad I did in a way because I finished it but still, I had higher hopes for James.

6/10.
臭い-
Mar 28, 2020 9:36 PM
Apr 2018
It was a fun ride. At least better than the other anime out there (some fall 2019 and winter 2020 anime are meh). 7/10
Mar 28, 2020 10:12 PM
Mar 2018
RPWPA said:
Well, that was an unexpectedly good show. 7/10. I was still confused about Moriarty but I guess he really did die. That was sad.

Also does anyone have a translation for this one in episode 17? I want to find who my detective is :"D

The final card said "Goshichou arigatougozaimasu (Thanks for watching)"
Mar 29, 2020 12:59 AM

Nov 2009
Way to leave us hanging with all that stupid faggot drama and nothing at all when it comes to Sherlock and Irene after all the shiptease in the first half of the show. 7/10 only because I really liked the first cour, but the second absolutely sucked.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Mar 29, 2020 8:12 AM
Jul 2018
Of all things that I'm going to miss about this show is probably the Rakugo performances. This show has inspired me to watch the real ones on YouTube.

Quite the journey nonetheless, this show was wacky, strange, weird and above all fun.
Mar 29, 2020 1:36 PM

Feb 2017
A pretty good show, the story was fun to follow.
Mar 29, 2020 11:05 PM

Aug 2019
In the first few episodes, I thought this show absolutely sucked. I thought it was the worst thing I've ever watched, but with time I started enjoying it more and more, especially that Irene arc and the 5-6 final episodes.

I didn't really like this last episode as much as I liked the past ones, but it was enjoyable. The only thing that bothers me is that I thought moriarty was alive and there would be a second season.

I'm gonna miss it, this show was odd, but I enjoyed it.
Mar 30, 2020 11:05 AM

Jul 2019
At first, I thought this show was really weird. As it got easier to follow near the middle, I was always excited for the next episode. I was especially excited for this episode. I liked the episode, but it was not as surprising as I thought it would be. Some of the other episodes were more enjoyable, but overall, this episode was alright. Moriarty's backstory was clarified for me, which was nice. I was also thinking, "Is anyone gonna mention Sherlock's murders?" I would like another season, although that is probably not going to happen, because Moriarty is dead.

9/10 (I would make it 10/10 if the first episodes were better because they are 8/10 for me but the newer episodes are 10/10 for sure)
Mar 30, 2020 6:17 PM

Dec 2016
What a load of bologny.

Not only I'm supposed to believe that his heart to heart talk with the maid made Moriarty change his thoughts from the emotionless and uncaring psycho into something else, but had enough time to prepare an intrincate plan as a last goodbye for Sherlock and the gang. His last riddle where Sherlock & Watson are reading his goodbye and start crying feels so ridiculous, yet cringe that i wasn't sure if I had to laugh or just sigh and shake my head. And what the hell was all that skit of the other detectives turning their backs on Sherlock despite him and Watson had been the ones to help them in their most dire moments, just an expected change of heart for cheap drama.

If the series had ended with the first cour, I would had given it a worthy 8. But the second cour was just asspull after asspull and more inconsistencies just asking me to ignore it's logic and roll with it just because it's anime. This is a new low for me. First show I rate with a 2/10
KimurahMar 31, 2020 8:22 AM
Apr 1, 2020 12:17 PM

Aug 2013
I actually enjoyed this show a lot more than I thought I would. I blame the rakugo for that, ahaha

a 7/10 from me
Apr 1, 2020 4:51 PM

Jun 2009
When mediocre fujoshi wrote fanfic of Sherlock.

4/10
Apr 5, 2020 7:32 PM
Dec 2014
Shit ending to a shit anime, fitting.

I was expecting it to be shit, but I expected it to at least more properly resolve some of the shit it left open. Guess my expectations for this show were too high, as ever.
Good job trying to humanize a serial killer, and all for what, so that he could tell us what amazing transformative arc Sherlock himself went through? The guy that an episode ago was running around butt naked on the streets and holding tools used to commit (forced, somehow, still no explanation) suicide? We're supposed to accept that he was actually serious all these times and deducing shit and not laughing like a maniac like they showed when that happened?
This is fucking retarded. No, you don't get to go all crazy comedy in the middle of the "biggest crisis" and then act like nothing happened. Fuck you.
What even happens at the end? Where's moriarty? Clearly some parts in the puzzle indicate he's actually there watching. And either way, why is the rest of the cast waiting for them at the exit? Why are they "going to be ok for sure" when they literally just obstructed the police and used a (false) bomb threat? Are you kidding?
And his brother just was "a brother maniac" all along? Holy shit how foolish of me to expect Mycroft to have actual relevance at some point...

This is, without a doubt, one of the most disappointing animes I've seen in recent years. Nothing comes close to this level.
Sure there's shit anime, but you can tell those from the start.
Maybe it's just me, but from the first episode, this one seemed to have promise... one of the once-in-a-blue-moon mystery animes, but with a twist, interesting cast, music and setting, and even so confident as to use established names in the field... all for nothing. Just to throw it all out the window.
What the fuck happened? How could they fuck this up so badly?

IZUMI64 said:
When mediocre fujoshi wrote fanfic of Sherlock.

4/10

Hah, good one.

Nice to see more people are coming to shit on this on this last ep's thread, but disappointing as ever to see some of you think this is quality stuff that actually got better as it went on. Holy shit, I'm not sure if I'm more disappointed with the show or with some of you guys.
Apr 6, 2020 10:24 AM

Dec 2016
phantomfandom said:
I know immediately that Moriarty was already gone and his hideout is his last will.

And Moriarty is quite a weak villain in this adaptation. The only good decision he made is that he try to make Sherlock kiss with Watson.

Actually he didn't plan this. When you look closely his voice recorder activated after Mrs. Hudson mannequin was tipped over suggesting that someone would have to kiss Mrs. Hudson picture to activate the next stage.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Apr 6, 2020 10:41 AM

Dec 2016
ganomed said:
-Hentai said:

Shite but you watched it all.
Yeah I rarely drop anything, then I regret wasting my precious time.
But it's probably not just me, the overall score talks a lot.

MAL scores are rarely valuable, like eg Pet where many people judged negatively after first (agreeably confusing) episodes after which (speaking honestly) this anime never recovered.

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Apr 25, 2020 2:30 AM
Jul 2008
Overall is good anime, especially when original anime is pretty non existent nowadays..

RPWPA said:

Thanks for watching and

Very Strange Case
	-(YES)-> Sherlock
	-(NO)-> Will spend a lot of money
			-(YES)-> Willing to pay more
				-(YES)-> Call all the detectives
				-(NO)-> Kyogoku
			-(NO)-> Will involve Yakuza
				-(YES)-> Will do anything to solve the case
					-(YES)-> Michel
					-(NO)-> Can be deceived easily
						-(YES)-> Kobayashi
						-(NO)-> Mary & Lucy
				-(NO)-> Will receive reward other than money
					-(YES)-> Can be deceived easily
						-(YES)-> Kobayashi
						-(NO)-> Mary & Lucy
					-(NO)-> Mary & Lucy
Apr 25, 2020 10:06 AM

Aug 2014
LeonLanford said:
Overall is good anime, especially when original anime is pretty non existent nowadays..

RPWPA said:

Thanks for watching and

Very Strange Case
	-(YES)-> Sherlock
	-(NO)-> Will spend a lot of money
			-(YES)-> Willing to pay more
				-(YES)-> Call all the detectives
				-(NO)-> Kyogoku
			-(NO)-> Will involve Yakuza
				-(YES)-> Will do anything to solve the case
					-(YES)-> Michel
					-(NO)-> Can be deceived easily
						-(YES)-> Kobayashi
						-(NO)-> Mary & Lucy
				-(NO)-> Will receive reward other than money
					-(YES)-> Can be deceived easily
						-(YES)-> Kobayashi
						-(NO)-> Mary & Lucy
					-(NO)-> Mary & Lucy

Thank you for the help :D I almost gave up on it :D
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
May 11, 2020 10:01 AM
Oct 2017
It's finally over, yay! Last episode was worthless filler🤣.
May 19, 2020 10:48 PM

Mar 2019
So, let me see.

Moriarty is practically forgiven for his countless crimes because of his sad backstory

but

"Jack", who supposedly ALSO had a sad backstory as motivation for her crimes, is the worst thing ever.

I WONDER WHY...
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Jan 7, 2021 10:53 PM

Jan 2020
Why is the show called Case file no. 221 ? Always wondered about that.
Jan 20, 2021 1:54 AM

Jul 2015
Wow didn't expect Mycroft to turn out to be a bro-con. Even after his death, Moriarty managed to toy with Holmes and Watson lol. Better than I expected this to be, love the quirky cast and the ridiculous story with some dark elements shown with lightheartedness.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

59 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 15, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

27 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 14, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

39 by OneFaintingRobin »»
Mar 14, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

34 by EratiK »»
Sep 4, 2022 3:58 PM

» john watson case

Koichi23xKaneki2 - Jun 15, 2022

0 by Koichi23xKaneki2 »»
Jun 15, 2022 3:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.