3It was OK
14.8%
2Disliked it
2.2%
1Hated it
2.9%
Average 4.3
277 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 21, 2020 6:56 AM

Dec 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First six episodes were released on Netflix in Japan on March 21.

the plot thickens this episode as it seems Michiru was a part of some experiments, which apparently took place in Sylvasta medical corporation; and the terrorist attacks were also a part of covering their tracks in doing that, at least that's what it seems on the surface level

gotta say, i really enjoy the animation and all the action scenes. they're all awesomely done and also Michiru's character design and reactionary animations are fucking cute and fun. TRIGGER delivers once again
Mar 22, 2020 1:58 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oof the rhinoceros's horn, it must be painful, pretty good action in this episode again.
Mar 22, 2020 3:22 PM

Jan 2015
Shirou really needs to stop breaking other people’s horns, it looks so painful lmao

It was more of a build up episode with some action involved for a future plot development.

I wonder if this is gonna be 2-cour or what. It looks like is going for 24 episodes judging by the pacing
Mar 22, 2020 11:23 PM

Jan 2009
ok looks like this drug company called Sylvasta is the main villain and they experimented how Michiru and her friend is now
Mar 23, 2020 12:12 AM

Jan 2014
Reminds me of that certain book or story. Where they go to a certain island and are turned into animals. Forget what it's called but yeah. Really makes me wonder if our MC and her friend has been effected by something of same sort. Seems to be cover ups in every corner.
Mar 23, 2020 2:16 AM

Jan 2020
Michiru is annoying, like she sticks her nose in everything and causing oogami a lot of trouble like damn, you're gonna get him killed.
Mar 23, 2020 2:36 AM

Oct 2017
Ellenwitch said:
Reminds me of that certain book or story. Where they go to a certain island and are turned into animals. Forget what it's called but yeah.

Island of Dr. Moreau
Mar 23, 2020 4:58 AM

Feb 2008
Kaato69 said:
Michiru is annoying, like she sticks her nose in everything and causing oogami a lot of trouble like damn, you're gonna get him killed.

Naa, she is fine. Plus, I don't know if you noticed from the first episode, but Oogami gets himself into trouble plenty all on his own.

See what annoys me more is when someone behaves in a manner that is obviously bad and they should know better. In this situation, things are very different. She was human prior and has absolutely no idea about the world of beastmen and so she is going to constantly trip over the difference which is understandable.

And if anything, it creates a pretty interesting story dynamic where you are suppose to feel bad for beastmen for being discriminated against, but then you see the contrast on how they behave and how they handle their own society. I think they can learn quite a lot from Michiru.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Mar 23, 2020 5:58 AM

Jan 2020
MarchinBunny said:
Kaato69 said:

Naa, she is fine. Plus, I don't know if you noticed from the first episode, but Oogami gets himself into trouble plenty all on his own.

See what annoys me more is when someone behaves in a manner that is obviously bad and they should know better. In this situation, things are very different. She was human prior and has absolutely no idea about the world of beastmen and so she is going to constantly trip over the difference which is understandable.

And if anything, it creates a pretty interesting story dynamic where you are suppose to feel bad for beastmen for being discriminated against, but then you see the contrast on how they behave and how they handle their own society. I think they can learn quite a lot from Michiru.
I understand that Michiru is a character who likes to adventure into things out of curiosity and I also get why her way of poking around gets to reveal to us more about the world and the traits of the society she is living in, but she really doesn't need to stand out as much, especially when she is involving herself in shady deals and adding more conflict with major networks of yakuza, gangs, etc. also btw Oogami is already invested in his work and his reason in that line of duty is to protect furries and to expel humans and traitors. Like I said Michiru's reason is to return back into her human form, and it's common sense to not involve yourself in shady places
KatoWorksMar 23, 2020 6:02 AM
Mar 23, 2020 6:05 AM

Feb 2008
Kaato69 said:
MarchinBunny said:

I understand that Michiru is a character who likes to adventure into things out of curiosity, but by doing so will only interfere for her real reason of coming to furrycity, I also get why her way of poking around gets to reveal to us more about the world and traits of the society she is living in, but she really doesn't need to stand out as much, especially when she is involving herself in shady deals and adding more conflict with major networks of yakuza, gangs, etc. also btw Oogami is already invested in his work and his reason in that line of duty is to protect furries and to expel humans and traitors. Like I said Michiru's reason is to return back into her human form, and it's a stated obvious to not involve yourself in shady places

I think you missed the point somewhere. But the entire place is filled with shady places that it's easy to just stumble on it. Think of it like this. Within just a distance of going to the city, there are people looking to make a buck off of you knowing there will be hunters coming after you.

No matter where you go, I am willing to bet you would run into trouble in some way. At least that is what I am getting from the anime.
Mar 23, 2020 6:11 AM

Jan 2020
MarchinBunny said:
Kaato69 said:
I understand that Michiru is a character who likes to adventure into things out of curiosity, but by doing so will only interfere for her real reason of coming to furrycity, I also get why her way of poking around gets to reveal to us more about the world and traits of the society she is living in, but she really doesn't need to stand out as much, especially when she is involving herself in shady deals and adding more conflict with major networks of yakuza, gangs, etc. also btw Oogami is already invested in his work and his reason in that line of duty is to protect furries and to expel humans and traitors. Like I said Michiru's reason is to return back into her human form, and it's a stated obvious to not involve yourself in shady places

I think you missed the point somewhere. But the entire place is filled with shady places that it's easy to just stumble on it. Think of it like this. Within just a distance of going to the city, there are people looking to make a buck off of you knowing there will be hunters coming after you.

No matter where you go, I am willing to bet you would run into trouble in some way. At least that is what I am getting from the anime.
I mean yea it's obvious she is gonna find herself in shady palaces, but I don't like how she just humbly accepts going into the shady places without a plan, like in rabbit town that was obviously shady and how she can walk into a gang of beastwoman and expects to get out alive, I mean heck she probably knows the generic "Oogami-sama saves the day" trope is gonna keep her safe, so that's why she is going into these places.
KatoWorksMar 23, 2020 6:23 AM
Mar 23, 2020 6:20 AM

Feb 2008
Kaato69 said:
MarchinBunny said:

I mean yea it's obvious she is gonna find herself in shady palaces, but I don't like how she just humbly accepts going into the shady places without a plan, like in rabbit town that was obviously shady and how she can walk into a gang of beastwoman and expects to get out alive, I mean heck she probably knows the generic "Oogami-sama saves the day" trope is gonna keep her safe, so that's why she is going into these places.

It's certainly possible. Or she could just be the reckless type. Being reckless as a human probably isn't as big of a deal as it is in this case, which she has yet to learn and she may never learn.

Personally, I don't hate people like that. They are pretty straight forward and you tend to be able to trust that they will not all of a sudden just betray their morals and views on things.

But ya, I see your point.
Mar 23, 2020 6:23 AM

Jan 2020
MarchinBunny said:
Kaato69 said:

It's certainly possible. Or she could just be the reckless type. Being reckless as a human probably isn't as big of a deal as it is in this case, which she has yet to learn and she may never learn.

Personally, I don't hate people like that. They are pretty straight forward and you tend to be able to trust that they will not all of a sudden just betray their morals and views on things.

But ya, I see your point.
I believe Michiru needs to think before she acts on things, and hopefully she realizes that and her character develops, this may also be a set up for some good character development, so overall I'm not that dissapointed, I just wish before hand she would follow common sense.
Mar 23, 2020 7:16 AM

Jan 2016
love Michiru x Oogami. Moving episode
Mar 23, 2020 11:20 AM

Jun 2013
damn he broke the rhinoceros's horn
Mar 23, 2020 6:50 PM

Dec 2016
Ashhk said:
Oof the rhinoceros's horn, it must be painful.

I mean it isn't, rhinoceros horns are made from the same materials as the nails so breaking his horn should not be painful.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 23, 2020 6:53 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nieznajomy43 said:
Ashhk said:
Oof the rhinoceros's horn, it must be painful.

I mean it isn't, rhinoceros horns are made from the same materials as the nails so breaking his horn should not be painful.
Oh ok thx, I thought it was painful because of poaching of rhinoceros horn (still horrible tho)
Mar 23, 2020 7:32 PM
Sep 2017
Ashhk said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

Oh ok thx, I thought it was painful because of poaching of rhinoceros horn (still horrible tho)
I think it's more symbolic of his pride than actually painful but I might be wrong.
Mar 23, 2020 7:37 PM

Dec 2016
Ashhk said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

Poaching of rhinoceros horn is different, first of all rhinoceros are most of the time killed before cutting horns and secondly poachers are cutting out horns too close, it is similar to cutting fingernails, you can cut nail painlessly but you can also cut too close making this painfull and bloody. (park keepers are often safely cutting horns of rhinoceros by themselves so poachers would thought it was not worth killing the animal)
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 24, 2020 6:06 AM

Jul 2017
Shirou finally knowing Michiru's true identity as a human, while the latter's journey of escaping there and back doesn't seem to be ripe. The funny thing is that while Michiru's alleged disease isn't helping, Shirou locks her up instead besting his decision for her to not get in trouble again.

Instead, Mayor of Animacity Barbaray Rose manages to whizz through Shirou's actions to disclose Michiru to her, and a deal is made between her and Michiru to help Shirou and his efforts to eliminate pro-human beastmen, starting with the erratic bomb sites.

The same Yakuza gang from before, now with the cooperation of the Medical Center staff, performs their evil traits, from the bombings and down to the doctors who recognise Michiru's human-beastmen state and destroyed evidence.

And what a rhinoceros the head doctor was in melancholy, losing his horns as the pride of its brethren. Michiru's at trouble again, but not without Shirou sacrificing himself to save her once again.

Honestly I can see the alliance of Mayor Mary, Shirou and Michiru growing from now on as the wolf-raccoon duo makes headways in light of more plots from the humans and manipulated beastmen to do their bidding.

This episode certainly cements the plot going forward for the rest of the series, and it's still as good.
Mar 24, 2020 9:52 PM

Aug 2015
The MC is an absolute idiot. During the fall she could've done any number of things: stretch her arms to grab a ledge, puff her tail so the fall wasn't bad, but instead she chose to do nothing.

Her personality and opinions switch on a dime, she goes from loving Animacity to hating it in no time flat, she's completely insufferable.

I want to like her but she's so incredibly unlikeable.
Mar 25, 2020 9:59 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
So far it's a really fun show... but man Michiru is fucking annoying sometimes.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 27, 2020 2:48 AM
Mar 2020
By 3rd episode i am hooked, despite all this show's flaws. Mostly because of the 2 leads characters and some mystery that's brewing around. Im intrigued, wanna more.
Mar 28, 2020 2:42 PM

Apr 2015
Oogami's sense of smell is definitely not something to take lightly, such impressive range but if I understood correctly, he was also able to see Michiru's past before and when she turned into a Beastmen..

Seems Michiru's friend was less lucky after she turned into a beastmen, but I won't be surprised to see her again at some point!

Not gonna lie, I thought that when Michiru was eavesdropping on that gang, that her ears turned into Bunny ears! Something is going on with her and those medical centre guys that got arrested know a lot more! Curious to see where this will go!
Apr 5, 2020 10:12 AM

Dec 2015
did this man just fall off a building and all the has its a bandage across his head

also the way michiru said "I understand", that's some good va shit
Apr 8, 2020 2:14 AM

Oct 2017
Shirou's the coolest guy in this season so far. Also more mystery surrounding Michiru, I really wanna know how she turned into a beastwoman. Thou it's a shame that she's so self centered and I dun like her at all even after three episodes.
Apr 8, 2020 11:57 PM

Aug 2015
Hmmm, not sure how I'm feeling about Michiru, but I will look forward to character development. It would have been cool to see her do something when falling off the building, and being trapped by the gang members...but have to remind myself she's probably still a young teen, who can still get scared. But ahhh, poor Shirou >.< It looked painful. (Anyway, so far I like him the most).
Apr 9, 2020 7:34 PM

Jul 2016
Shirou sure is a badass and all that but seriously, stop breaking other beast-men's horns xD

Decent episode. It seems Michiru can be able to transform parts of her body into parts from other animals. Was expecting her to grew wings as in the ED while she was falling but guess it wasn't the time yet.
Apr 13, 2020 2:00 AM

Aug 2015
I'm still ok with Michiru for now, but she really needs to stop barging in and then getting held hostage. I hate when characters are reduced to this trope.

I'm intrigued by the conspiracy that's slowly unraveling. I hope it reaches a satisfying conclusion that makes sense, and I hope my hopes aren't too high :|
Apr 14, 2020 11:03 AM

Sep 2017
Jesus wouldn't be surprised if wolfman could smell his way into another dimension. Dudes bones are apparently made of steel as well. Anyway it's apparently that Michru's transformation was caused by some kind of drug. Apparently a similar thing happened to her friend.
Apr 15, 2020 11:42 AM

Jan 2012
I like the plot but I find Michiru infuriating...
Apr 15, 2020 11:26 PM
Apr 2015
... But why is Michiru all the animals as well as a certain Pirate King?
Apr 18, 2020 11:24 AM

Sep 2018
In this episode, it seemed a bit hasty to get to find out some background about the issue of Michiru's strange transformation, the rest was interesting enough and intrigues a lot what has not yet been discovered, but it is a pity to have seen so little action in this episode, I wanted to see the character of Oogami fight for a little more time, oh well! My impression, but the quality of the drawings was not as high as in the previous episodes, who knows!
Apr 18, 2020 11:46 AM

Jun 2013
Perhaps both Michiru and her pink/red-haired friend were both victims of experimentation which is why they transformed into beastmen. I wonder if she'll meet her friend in Animacity.

I know Shirou is probably much older than her but this show is kind of hinting romance between them and I don't know how to feel about that.

My poor boy Kuro was smacked away by that lizard :( Kuro best boy.
臭い-
Apr 23, 2020 11:14 AM

Jan 2014
Shirou is pretty badass but I think Michiru is selfish.

She calls her condition a "beastman disease." it's like if she wasn't in that position, she'd care less about beastmen (well... her friend turned into one so I'm sure she would care but probably wouldn't do anything about it).

And she got Shirou hurt! The dude told her not to come, but refused and told him to protect her.
Apr 23, 2020 8:57 PM

Feb 2015
Well, the episode was entertaining. Many things left me thinking, why the mayoress would allow a recently arrived beastmen to participate in a police investigation, even without Michiru’s state of past human, there’s no logic in letting someone participate, Michiru is just getting everything she wants, and she’s not the center of the world, it looks like the city has bigger problems. Shirou is just OP, I like his character, but he knows everything just by sniffing (even when that’s an amplified wolf ability), is superstrong, superfast, resistant. There’s almost nothing you can do that Shirou cannot discover, exploding something to erase information, to be discovered by a wolf 2 seconds later, they look so dumb from our point of view. The only thing that left me intrigued is this boss’ intentions, it looks like a human that invested in Anima City for a reason.
Apr 24, 2020 6:28 AM

Feb 2014
Shirou, for me, is the best character of this show so far. He might walk his way into trouble too often, but his skills and determination sees him through to the end. He had a slight hiccup against the rhinoceros doctor, but he got the better of him with ease and also broke his horn as an added bonus. Talk about brutal. xD

Thanks to his sense of smell he was able to delve into Michru's past and he now knows that she was telling the truth that she was a human. Not only that, but her best friend also had the same as her in being turned into a beastman suddenly, but was unlucky enough to be hauled off by the police.

Michiru's resolve in helping out instead of sitting around and doing nothing is commendable, although I do feel that the major gave her that opportunity so easily. I can't help but feel that they're multiple characters that have ulterior motives that they don't want to show yet that could cause a bit of a surprise later down the line.

Either way, this was another enjoyable and fun episode. The story is getting more interesting and the fights are always fun to watch. Great stuff. =D
Apr 24, 2020 11:45 AM

Feb 2019
Main girl is so cute and she has superpower, the wolf guy is OP with his smelling skills.

Beautiful OP and ED, great anime this season.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Apr 27, 2020 7:31 AM

Feb 2020
Another episode of BNA and it traps me more and more within its universe.

This time it was a little more a chapter of construction (both of the world and the relationship between the main characters)
Little by little they give us clues to the mystery and good action sequences.

I look forward to the next one!
May 1, 2020 12:16 PM

Nov 2015
Shirou loves breaking those horns fr. what i like the most about the anime so far is the world building and the art style. tho i cannot fuck with the story overall and the mc is also incredibly annoying. she changes her mind every second without any reason or sensibility, e.g. her opinion about Animacity and the people living there. OST so far is okay and i just hope that the world building can help the story to develope because so far these "adventures" felt more like filler episodes tbh.

2/5
May 2, 2020 2:49 AM

Nov 2011
More decent world building but the issues are laid bare for me. Yes, Michiru is trying to find a way to turn back human but the show hasn't given us a good enough reason as to why she has to follow Ogami to do this, it seems his goals are completely irrelevant to hers and the story just tries to create scenarios to link their respective objectives and doesn't do a good job of it. Secondly Ogami's scent ability seems a bit too overpowered for me, he can even see events far back into the past, a bit too powerful of a story element and might lead to some ass pulling in the near future.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 5, 2020 12:22 PM

Mar 2008
Seems to be a bioweapon to eliminate humans perhaps?

Michiru looks cuter as a tanuki probably since her weird looking hair in her past human self.
May 6, 2020 4:36 AM

Nov 2016
Pretty interesting episode, got a whole lot of clues.

And lol, I like Shirou's way of taking care of other beastmen and what it symbolizes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 10, 2020 12:11 PM

Aug 2017
U know that a show is bad with the actions scenes are boring and flat. Cliché after cliché over and over.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 12, 2020 12:32 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Something fishy might come from Sylvasta company and its link with the history of the Animacity. So know Michiru had another ability to long her ears? Weird, lol. I might think there is a genetic change to Michiru and her friend due their changing appear in teenage. Hope in the meantime, i can get more explanations to the story. So far the art and animations are so good to believe this show produced in the middle of the pandemic. The characterization of this show are all nice too. Glad to see they finished the season while another show just got postponed or rather get a difficult situations in its progression. Well played, Trigger Studio.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 17, 2020 6:47 AM
Mar 2020
oogami jumping of the building to save michiru though can we talk about that-
i was kinda mad that she didn't just used her tail to prevent the impact lol
May 19, 2020 3:57 PM
Sep 2014
Rhino and Lizard are villains? did i watch different show?
May 24, 2020 7:02 PM

Jun 2014
So obvious that the "big pharma" company is gonna end up being the main villain group the instant Michiru asked what the big building was. I just hope they dont try to turn it into a "big reveal" when its already this obvious. Mayor is probably a ringleader too. The terrorists are just a foil. Placing my bets now. I dont really care for how Trigger is laying out exposition these first few episodes.
Jul 14, 2020 8:38 AM

Jun 2014
It looks like those scientists are behind the reason that Michiru is now a beastman. That evil blonde guy is coming to Anima City, so who knows what he'll do.

Jul 14, 2020 1:18 PM

Jul 2013
I hope Michiru finds her school friend in Anima City since obviously there's a connection there. Them both becoming beast men.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » BNA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

uninstallthegame - May 5, 2020

214 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 6:59 AM

Poll: » BNA Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

69 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 6:58 AM

Poll: » BNA Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

60 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 6:57 AM

Poll: » BNA Episode 9 Discussion

47 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 6:56 AM

Poll: » BNA Episode 8 Discussion

46 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.