Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 8 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 26, 2020 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jesus Christ, that's a big talking monster that Maple and her party encountered. Gotta love those "hidden" bosses.

It looks like this show is also continously buliding its world with new creative places. That's also one big turtle, like really big turtle lol
Feb 26, 2020 6:08 AM

Apr 2010
Maple getting more new skills and transforming skills at that.
The boss fights where really interesting ones again not to mention a good laugh.
And her guildies where ones again surprised by her ideas.
Feb 26, 2020 6:34 AM
Apr 2015
I thought her monster form was hilarious enough, then she became every boy's childhood dream - a Gundam.

Feels like an MMORPG with Noita play style. I hope they keep up with these amusing gimmicks.
Feb 26, 2020 6:38 AM

Sep 2018
God damn Maple! First you got giant Pokemon, then you transform into Predator and now Mecha Suit? This show is with each episode getting more crazy and i really like it!
well that's just my opinion.....
Feb 26, 2020 6:43 AM
Sep 2015
Maple is beyond expectation again, and I just realized that Kuromu (Chrome) is the only guy in the group, and thanks that he doesn't flirting with anyone or creating his own harem.
Feb 26, 2020 6:48 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Maple has gotten so many forms by now she is basically a one man army
Feb 26, 2020 6:51 AM
Dec 2017
Soon she will be able to challenge any of the floor guardians from Overlord.
Feb 26, 2020 7:00 AM
Aug 2018
Gundam freedom maple

I read novel version why they remove Gundam helmet novel version in anime and replace by Cyber glasses from Megaman star force
Feb 26, 2020 7:01 AM
Jun 2019
I wonder when we get to see Maple use her skills to annihilate guilds
Feb 26, 2020 7:09 AM

Jun 2012
Didn't knew that Syrup already evolved into a legendary Pokemon that shoots hyper beam.

But the crux of the matter is..... Guildmaster Maple>> Valkyrie Maple >> Alien Maple >> Gundam Maple >>>>

God Maple should be soon right.
Feb 26, 2020 7:14 AM

Feb 2008
Turtle did a Kamehameha...that was cool.
Feb 26, 2020 7:19 AM

Sep 2014
Damn Maple, every episode make my love you even more.

Whats crazy is she keeps finding all the pieces to start these new high level quests before she even gets to them/are released. Her luck is abnormally high.

I want to see Maple merge her new transformation skill with her other ones to get something truly terrifying. Pred Maple was pretty sick though.
Feb 26, 2020 7:27 AM

Oct 2007
Everyone so cute in wool clothes. :D

Wait... most of that wool came from Maple...

what.. Maple also can now summon a demon? The giant tree boss was the first to taste it's wrath. xD

wow, she also defeat a huge robot this episode. Gaining some of it's powers.

With new offensive skills. Maple does not need to depend on the hydra all the time. :)
Feb 26, 2020 7:37 AM

Oct 2019
When Maple went Mecha I lost it, she just got to that level and she's already the god of it?! lmao Also love that last episode they joked about her getting a 3rd and 4th form and boom, here they are
Uh-oh, I can feel the 'can't-stop-watching-anime-disease' coming on...
Feb 26, 2020 7:45 AM

Oct 2007
Maple vs. the giant tree. It's not even a fight. It's a massacre.
Feb 26, 2020 7:46 AM

Oct 2015
The pacing of that episode was crazy.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Feb 26, 2020 7:54 AM

Jul 2019
Show one of these episodes to a 5-10 year old , and they will follow you to hell lol..
Feb 26, 2020 8:21 AM

Jul 2014
The pacing was so dang fast lol, we finished a whole quest half time and Maple got 2 new crazy skills to boot, both transformation skills too, went from Terraformars to symphogear quick.
Anyways not a fan of massive transformation skills, I prefer Maple's original design, please don't transform into that giant cockroach or whatever kind of insect that was again.
That being said her wooloo form is adorable af, they make her face chibi like cute!
Feb 26, 2020 8:25 AM

Sep 2012
What the hell, this episode was crazy good. I am impressed with the amount of care they put into the animation this week. Really enjoyable.
Feb 26, 2020 8:32 AM
Sep 2018
1 episode 2 form, great.
Pokemon Trainer, Angel, Demon, Strike Freedom.
I imagine if in final episode maple transform to combination from all of them, a mecha monster with angel wing.
Feb 26, 2020 8:33 AM

Jan 2014
Maple pls.

But honestly fun episode.
Feb 26, 2020 8:33 AM

Dec 2016
BLERGH

This show manages to get even more terrible with every passing episode.

Maple gets not one, but two godly unique abilities in a single episode. How she stumbled upon the gear in area 2 that woke up the sleeping mechanic god in area 3 makes absolutely no sense. Even her turtle also gets more abilities pulled out of the writer's ass.

The only good thing about this episode was the short glimpse of the top guild in the Cow event (even the logic of hunting individually on behalf of Maple's guild is pretty dumb, since these kind of events are made to gather players in a party with different skills in order to rally mobs and use the dps characters to blast them the fastest way possible)
Feb 26, 2020 8:47 AM

Nov 2014
I really expected her to pop out of his belly like in Alien movie. Such a waste for epic joke.

When she gained that first skill it looked funny. Her guildmates reactions were really on spot. But 2nd transformation skill so fast seems a bit overdone imo.
Feb 26, 2020 8:55 AM

Apr 2011
WTF, Maple!? What the actual Fxck!?!?
Feb 26, 2020 9:05 AM

Aug 2013
Lol, Maple is overpowered. Her mecha form and her reaction were just hilarious.

Feb 26, 2020 9:30 AM

Feb 2016
Two new powers in a single episode
Now that's a lot of firepower on top of max defense

Maple's on the road to OP
Feb 26, 2020 9:31 AM

Jul 2009
I feel a similar event to Mechanical God Maple happened in another anime...

Sousei no Aquarion
Apollonius: "Mechanical Angel Aquarion. Say these words: Sousei Gatai.
Apollo: "Sousei Gatai?"
Apollo looks around. Apollo touches controls.
Apollo: "Sousei Gatai! Go AQUARION!"
.. and thus a beginning to the end of a legend was born!

.. And thus, Maple evolved once more;
Human (?) [Was she ever one? The world may never know.]
Monster . Hydra Maple [Maple, the dreaded Hydra]
Angel . Angel Maple [Maple, Angel of hope and despair]
Demon . Demon Maple [Maple, the dark lord]
Machine God . Machine God Maple [Maple, Mechine of the past]
EQUALS:
-Machine God Demon Angel Hydra Maple
|OR|
-Maple, just another High School Girl (insert retorts here) hahaha
-My personal Favorite: Maple, the divine Shapeshifter (yesterday a human, today a Machine God, tomorrow your wife!)
Feb 26, 2020 9:42 AM
Aug 2012
Maple ffs She did it again -.-

This show is so god damn silly it's actually godly good. 🤣

Also, stop calling it mecha. It's just an armor suit, not a robot...
Feb 26, 2020 9:44 AM

Jan 2008
Everyone's reaction when she transforms into the demon is great.

Wonder if she can mix some of her transformation skills together... and get it immediately patched afterwards.
Feb 26, 2020 9:48 AM

Dec 2016
Paul said:
Everyone's reaction when she transforms into the demon is great.

Wonder if she can mix some of her transformation skills together... and get it immediately patched afterwards.

I was thinking that too. If she can merge some of the skills like in The Gamer it would be tons of fun to watch. Like a machine angel or machine turtle or poison demon. lol
Feb 26, 2020 10:26 AM

Dec 2014
ok maple is just lucky how she find the bosses and thensome
Feb 26, 2020 10:45 AM
Aug 2015
Maple now has a Symphogear
Feb 26, 2020 10:53 AM

Aug 2013
I thought that the mech transformation was provisional for the quest, but it isn't looking like it...
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Feb 26, 2020 10:54 AM

May 2015
Wow another amazing episode. Maple was beautiful as always. I love that line "So she's finally given up on being human." XD. I think she's well past that line lol. Maple is literally becoming god at this point:

She can become a demon,
She can become an Angel,
She can summon a mecha.

There is no limit to the power of best girl XD.

I swear if they make this girl any cuter Im going to die.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 26, 2020 11:05 AM

Sep 2016
Oh look, Maple got a bone and flesh mecha...!

Nevermind, she also got a real mecha afterwards.

Hell yeah xD

Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
Didn't knew that Syrup already evolved into a legendary Pokemon that shoots hyper beam

Or better:

- Can only be shot with the mouth
- Requires you to be in your giant form to be used
That's basically it.

Syrup confirmed to be a Saiyan.
bruh
Feb 26, 2020 11:31 AM

Dec 2012
Hmmm
looks familiar

Feb 26, 2020 11:33 AM
May 2016
One of these admins has a very familiar voice… Is it Umaru’s VA?
Feb 26, 2020 11:46 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Very good episode, I love to see some diversity in the environment with the machine city, it's beautiful, and the fight at the end was great
Feb 26, 2020 12:14 PM

Jul 2019
The story is boring but damn the animation is really nice OwO
Feb 26, 2020 12:15 PM

Apr 2018
I want this kind of OP isekai shows more. This is so enjoyable.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Feb 26, 2020 12:27 PM

Feb 2010
Maple Beast Mode!

Love this show d(^_^o)
Feb 26, 2020 12:32 PM

Oct 2018
Maple getting more new skills and transforming skills at that.
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 26, 2020 12:35 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The new outfits though cute sure will do well in providing warmth to the girls. Still given the monster cows speed Maple's as well as Yui and May's lack of speed sure puts them at a disadvantage. That boss though had quite the surprising transformation though. Still Maple's act of freeing herself by eating her way out of belly sure was a genius move. Given the Flame emperors size team based tactics are hardly surprising. Mii's skills both as a mage and as a leader sure is impressive. Overall an entertaining ep that while proving an excellent opportunity to see how other guilds fight also managed to show well the unconventional tactics that Maple uses to take on unexpected bosses. In terms of skills Maple sure managed to gain some interesting ones thanks to the bosses she took out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2020 12:59 PM
Oct 2018
Syrup is basically a giant adorable torterra with Frenzy Plant and Hyper Beam. I love Syrup.
Feb 26, 2020 1:16 PM

Jun 2017
All hail our demon angel mecha goddess!
Feb 26, 2020 1:45 PM

Dec 2016
She's practically a monster at this point... Maple be like hold my drink so I can become a real monster.

And then she turns into something from Gundam or something like that.

I want to see her face off against the top guilds and players from the first event at some point to if she really is invincible.
Feb 26, 2020 1:46 PM
Jan 2020
This is now a horror/mecha anime
Feb 26, 2020 2:38 PM

Apr 2015
I suppose they took this Woolsomeness to a whole new level, I like it!

That hidden boss monster she found seemed like a really cool looking knight at first but what the hell is that monstrosity afterwards, a Demon?! Gotta love the turtle Syrup though, that was some quality Hyperbeam alright!

WTF Maple, did you really just ate the insides of that Demon??? I love how she said that Demon looked disgusting with hands coming out of it's stomach but she decides to eat it instead. Not sure who the disgusting one is now... She got the skill [Predator], if only it were simular to the skill Rimuru has!

That poor Tree boss... it stood no chance whatsoever against the walking tank with broken skill set that is called Maple.. Did she summon an Alien?! Did she turn into one herself?! What the actual fuck Maple! XD

Now she has a robot suit... I am gonna go with what Sally said: "At this point, there's no use trying to make sense of Maple"

Also.. that's a pokeball...
Feb 26, 2020 2:40 PM

Jul 2017
VRMMO: "This is all we got for you."
Maple Tree: "Hold my beer, we aren't done yet! And our guild leader hasn't shown her true colours!"

This episode is pure fire, as Maple and Co. ready their stance for the Third Event in a short span of time. Lo and behold, Maple TRULY is lucky to encounter more bosses, and plus Syrup, the unfathomable duo strikes again with new skills (that of course, aren't noticed by anyone until she shows off).

Let's face it: Maple isn't human anymore, but a monster of infinite invincible proportions. Her defense knows no boundaries.

The second half definitely has that mecha feel to it, on top of the usual story quest with an item trigger. But Maple being Maple, transforming into a mecha is no problem at all to defeat even ridiculous bosses.

How ridiculous is Maple even at this point, it blows my mind that the admins have also stopped watching her constantly.
Feb 26, 2020 3:01 PM

Nov 2011
That subtle fan service when Maple went into her armor at the end lol. I love it and I love Maple. I do not care if she is OP I still love her.

Kasumi looking sexy AF in that wool costume.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2020

95 by Gvendoline »»
Mar 1, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2020

123 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 17, 7:19 PM

» Unacceptable Developer Response to Maple (spoilers through Ep. 3) - I'm cancelling my MMO subscription

Oiisu - Jan 14, 2023

12 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 16, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Jan 6, 2020

282 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 16, 5:50 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

139 by yourboy_asta »»
Dec 30, 2023 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.