Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 9, 2020 10:25 PM
Jan 2018
Nicolae_Borta said:
OGAnime said:

I’m not weeb enough to know. I just saw the synopsis, felt like detective stuff. Want to give it a try unless it’s gay.

don't worry, it won't turn gay, and idk your beliefs or standing on homosexuality but even if it appeared in an anime you might watch in the future, it shouldn't really matter that much, it's just an anime, who they fall in love with should be secondary unless you're watching it just for romance

Soooo banana fish like?
Jan 10, 2020 12:39 AM
Nov 2017
a little slow for a first episode but i enjoyed the backstory and also learning abt the gem itself, really interesting!

the art was pretty generic but the characters are good looking so thats nice.

ED was eh, OP was better.

i like how cute and pure seigi seems lol, like home boy is blushing bc some girl is cute wow
Jan 10, 2020 12:40 AM
Nov 2017
gotta say, i wish getting a job was that easy rip T.T
Jan 10, 2020 2:04 AM

Jul 2017
This show is like that Kyoto Teramachi Holmes, that is as every bit as mixed in investment, but it can turn out to be as quirky as said show.

The comprehended friendship of lead boy Nakata Seigi and jeweler appraiser Richard, over a pink sapphire ring that itself has been both a blessing and curse to people whom have held it towards them.

Shuka's soft visuals since Natsume Yuujinchou are still as splendid as usual.

Kinda liked the first episode, but it was decent at best. Still, intrigues me further to see more.
Jan 10, 2020 2:42 AM

Nov 2019
A whole lotta pearl clutching in this thread for nothing..

this_shit_againJan 10, 2020 3:20 AM
Jan 10, 2020 3:00 AM
Apr 2018
Feels good to hear Yanagi Nagi's voice again. <3
Jan 10, 2020 6:54 AM

Jul 2019
Well...I just fell in love with Richard (He has Arthur's voice so..), looking forward for his doujins c:
Jan 10, 2020 7:37 AM

May 2015
I quite enjoyed this so far. The story around the ring wasn't something I expected to see, I wonder where this can go from now on.

As for the BL aspects, I'm pretty sure there won't be anything beyond friendship and maybe a little tease for those who'd like it to be more than that. And there's already a girl appeared voiced by HanaKana, do you seriously expect her not to be a love interest at some point?
TenJan 10, 2020 7:57 AM
Jan 10, 2020 9:26 AM
Mar 2019
This was so boring, I'll watch a couple of more episodes to see how it turns out
Jan 10, 2020 9:29 AM

Dec 2016
It was a nice start. It's a relaxing anime which doesn't have that complex of a plot but is interesting and not that boring, perfect anime to watch while chilling and eating snacks.
Jan 10, 2020 10:18 AM

Jun 2013
that was just boring
Jan 10, 2020 12:02 PM

Dec 2014
good first episode..but don't know will I continue or not
Jan 10, 2020 2:25 PM

Nov 2019

This is like the japanese equivalent of reaching first base..
Jan 10, 2020 2:56 PM

Feb 2019
What a boring, humdrum, run of the mill twenty minutes of absolute nothing. You see, dude's grandma has a ring that she feels guilty about, so he shows it to a guy who takes him to the woman who it was stolen from and tells him that the tragedy that happened to her actually had nothing at all to do with the ring. Not just that, but everything actually turned out fine. The end. To review: "She tried to kill herself, but lived happily ever after." I'm barely even summarizing! Dude breaks down in tears of gratitude for relieving this burden… on someone else! By looking up a goddamned address.

It's hard to think of ways that this could not be more banal. Or cliche for that matter with saving him from a random pack of dudes out recruiting for Fight Club or something. I went back and checked that scene because for the life of me, I couldn't remember if there was ever a reason given for why they were attacking a random dude on the street, and nope. Or padded with goddamned nothing too while we're at it. After breaking down into tears at what was probably supposed to be the emotional moment of the episode, there were still five minutes left where they just kind of sat around and had tea. If this is meant to be a human interest drama, you should start by having some goddamned interesting humans, not these pointy-chinned bores.
Jan 10, 2020 3:05 PM

Dec 2018
looks like this'll have some sap to it. Looking forward to more of that!
Jan 10, 2020 4:04 PM

Mar 2009
Liked this one a lot. I'm usually bored to death when it comes to these detective or Sherlock-esque anime, but I was fully invested in the story of the two older women. I hope the stories remain interesting.
Jan 10, 2020 7:11 PM
Apr 2016
this_shit_again said:

This is like the japanese equivalent of reaching first base..

Lol, true though.

I really want to read the light novels this show is based on, but they’re not available in English and nobody is fan translating them either. Maybe if the anime does well, but I won’t get my hopes up.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenJan 16, 2020 5:52 PM
Jan 10, 2020 8:43 PM

Jan 2018
The theme of this anime imo may be episodic. Still, I was amused that the old lady didn't accepted the ring back and not having any resentment to Seigi's grandmother.

I knew that Seigi's being bullied in his childhood days. With that name? It would be impossible not to.
Jan 11, 2020 1:56 AM

Oct 2008
I thought this might be just another yaoi but i'm glad that i was wrong!
the a bit seriousness of this show is a but comfy, lets see where this takes us...
4/5.

good to hear Nagi Yanagi performed again!

Jan 11, 2020 5:56 AM

Dec 2014
Deffo interested to see how this goes. First ep was a bit boring, but it was just introducing characters and such so hoping it will pick up speed in the next few eps.

Can't wait for overload fujobait in future episodes - at least that's where it seems to be headed atm
Jan 11, 2020 8:43 AM
Jul 2018
Richard is so charming.. I hope it won't end up being a BL, but rather a story about friendship. I'll ship Seigi x Shouko for now.
Jan 11, 2020 11:05 AM

Nov 2019
Okay, so..

His name is spelled Richard, but they use the pronounciation of its italian form. The latter part of his surname is of french origin. His grandmother is from Sri Lanka, but he's so white you'd think he's lebensborn..

This show is giving me a headache..
Jan 11, 2020 12:33 PM

Jun 2013
Not great but an interesting start, has potential to be really good!
Jan 11, 2020 9:52 PM

Jun 2013
Honestly, the premise is okay. I'm guessing it's going to be a mystery related to jewelry. I'm hoping future episodes will be better. To be honest, it was pretty obvious that the woman didn't commit suicide over a ring and that she had deeper issues.

At least, Richard is pretty good looking and nice to look at. Seigi is meh.
臭い-
Jan 11, 2020 11:21 PM

Dec 2008
Interesting first episode, waiting for more.
Jan 12, 2020 3:36 AM
Jan 2020
I have to say that at first I was gonna drop this one, but wow I am so happy that I gave it a shot! It's one of those I guess I would say "relaxing and casual" animes that are actually more that they appear to be at first glance. It's something about Richard that really attracted me. His gentle and soothing voice, his manners, the way he carries himself and the way he talks to Seigi + his intelligence with just a tiny bit of mystery ... I'M SOLD! :) Looking forward to new episodes and really excited to see where the story will go ^^
Jan 12, 2020 3:17 PM

Apr 2011
I liked it the first episode, it was interesting. I'm looking forward for more.

Wish it was gayer tho.
Jan 12, 2020 3:57 PM

Jul 2012
Finally a mystery anime this season that isn't a mindfuck and full of supernatural elements!

This is exactly as chill as Kyoto Holmes which I enjoyed a lot. OP/ED are both great. This seems like a Josei demographic show which is all I've wanted. I am looking forward to more.
Jan 12, 2020 9:01 PM

Aug 2015
Aw, that was a cute little story. Served as a pretty good intro to Seigi's personality and backstory, while just hinting at Richard's.

Not much going on visually though. Unless the story and characters are really good in the coming episodes, I'm not sure I'd be invested enough to keep up every week.

I think the most movement in animation during this entire episode was when Richard unbuttoned his blazer, swept it back with a flourish, and then sat down. Regal. Graceful. Stylish. I felt that.
Jan 13, 2020 8:59 AM
Nov 2012
I thought the first episode was quite fun and had a nice atmosphere between the characters. I would definitely rate it around 7.5+ and i truly don't understand the low score that it has currently.
Jan 13, 2020 10:23 AM

Nov 2015
felt more like a sol than a mystery to be honest. the mc has some personality and isn't just a dull hyper-man, i like that

4/5
Jan 14, 2020 7:35 AM

Dec 2015
Was looking forward to this after seeing the character designs by Utako Yukihiro-sensei! Richard is peak eye candy material (but also resembles Kazuna a little, haha)

Where can I have a Richard in my life to help me find a job that fast...

The gay panic I see for this series in general (not just this thread), lmao. I swear, any time an anime has more than one bishounen people always go "iS tHiS a YaOi???!!1!1!" How come no one ever goes "Is this a Yuri?" when it's the reverse case?

yvanedisco said:
Feels good to hear Yanagi Nagi's voice again. <3

Is that who it is! I loved both the OP and ED but I didn't know she was going to be involved in this series too!! yanaginagi <3
starlightshineJan 14, 2020 7:45 AM
Jan 16, 2020 2:48 PM

Feb 2011
It can't be gay because he blushed at a girl! Ahh gotta love when homophobes panic.

I like how it was like fate they met and am interested to see where it goes.
眠れないのは君のせい
Jan 17, 2020 1:20 AM
Mar 2018
I hope the show won't overdo it with the 'seigi' troupe. Otherwise, I liked the episode and it helps a lot that the two guys are very beautiful. The show has a lot of potential and I am expecting to see a lot of interesting cases in future episodes.
Jan 17, 2020 1:23 AM
Mar 2018
raifuresu said:
I liked it the first episode, it was interesting. I'm looking forward for more.

Wish it was gayer tho.

Hahahahaha. I am also wishing and hoping for a lot of implied bl.
Jan 17, 2020 2:19 AM
Mar 2012
Nice tale between the two grannies and Seigi's family difficulty. Mc's train theft story had multiple parts that made no sense, maybe they rushing or cut too much, but later they explained parts of it.
As another viewer said, there's a lot of reaching or random plot.
No it ain't "fate", it's capitalism.
A bit like Kyoto Holmes, but usually the new worker has broke-an-item trope or is visibly poor. But Seigi doesn't show any of this need, yet Richard randomly asks him to do cleanup work. He's in economics major he can do much better unless he absolutely loves jewels.
On the fence for the plot presentation & bland characters, but at least Nagi Yanagi always great and some decent osts.
Jan 19, 2020 3:25 AM

Apr 2012
First episode was okay. I really like the atmosphere and character design. The story was also wholesome.
Jan 19, 2020 6:31 AM
Apr 2015
this_shit_again said:
Okay, so..

His name is spelled Richard, but they use the pronounciation of its italian form. The latter part of his surname is of french origin. His grandmother is from Sri Lanka, but he's so white you'd think he's lebensborn..

This show is giving me a headache..

Omg thank you! I was hoping I wasn't the only one who thought this and someone would remark on it!
I just finished the first ep, and despite wanting to give it a go Richard being super caucasian as heck irks me given his name and his grandmother's homeland hrrggg...
Jan 24, 2020 3:58 PM

Feb 2017
I feel like this is a show good for watching once a week, it has promise and potential if it uses its cards right. For binge watching or any other situation other than seasonal watching I feel like it would be very boring. But that is only my first impression. We'll se how it develops.
Apr 13, 2020 1:50 PM
May 2016
Why people always hope for romance in the non-romance anime?
Why people always hope BL in non-BL anime?

Fuck you guys
Go watch anime that have a Romance or Shounen Ai Tags
Apr 22, 2020 10:32 AM

Jul 2015
Quite the concept we got for this series, mysteries about jewelry

First episode was pretty enjoyable, I can already feel the start of a good bromance here

Aug 20, 2020 7:57 AM

Dec 2008
After Bartender came out a few years back, I found myself needing another cool, chill, seinen show for guys well past their early 20's. And heres one that is about precious stones; and since I have liked minerals and silver and other metals since I was in preschool, this seems like it will be a very interesting journey of sorts. I AM READY! ^~^
Jan 20, 2022 2:37 PM
Aug 2020
I wanna know more about Richard! The story seems interesting
Apr 7, 2022 7:28 PM

Jul 2021
I like the sol elements here and watch me get yaoi baited for this lmao
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Housekishou Richard-shi no Nazo Kantei Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2020

70 by Destroyer31 »»
Aug 31, 2023 10:56 AM

Poll: » Housekishou Richard-shi no Nazo Kantei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

73 by BlaizeV »»
Jun 14, 2023 1:04 PM

Poll: » Housekishou Richard-shi no Nazo Kantei Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

46 by removed-user »»
Jan 23, 2023 1:35 PM

» Official English release of the novel is out now

hirahira - Jun 30, 2022

2 by demision »»
Jun 30, 2022 3:44 PM

Poll: » Housekishou Richard-shi no Nazo Kantei Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

33 by Kitty-Kate »»
Apr 14, 2022 9:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.