Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 20, 2019 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Clever Sherlock. It looks like he's using some clever tactics to try and lure Jack the Ripper into a trap.

Not too shabby. I have to admit, this arc has been turning into quite a thriller, at least compared to the first quarter of the show.
Dec 20, 2019 10:46 AM

Mar 2017
Love this episode
Dec 20, 2019 11:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Maki was Jack aka a man complexed by his tiny dick ? wtf is this xDD Moriarty was scary when he cut the throat of Jack
Dec 20, 2019 11:16 AM

Aug 2013
Maki was Jack all along. You have to feel sorry for Moriarty.

Dec 20, 2019 11:34 AM

Aug 2014
Damn, The arc finally ended. I wonder how they will go on from here. Also I called it 2 episodes ago, I knew she wasn't dead :D
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Dec 20, 2019 11:55 AM
Sep 2015
Oh! I'm wondering if this is how Moriarty turn into a villain, just like in the original. Though more like he'll turn into anti-hero in this adaptation.

Also, I should have known that Maki is Jack since Kyougoku muttering he want to be the one to find Jack, which happen since last episode. But the slow-brain me just realized Maki is Jack when Moriaty give him Alex note hidden in gum stick.
Dec 20, 2019 12:02 PM

Aug 2019
What an episode, wow!
Dec 20, 2019 1:19 PM

Jan 2017
I thought it was a nice conclusion to the arc. Hearing the details of Alexandra's death and seeing what it did to Moriarty was rough. We'll have to see how it affects his character in the 2nd half of the show.
Dec 20, 2019 1:30 PM

Sep 2017
Holy crap! I did NOT expect Maki to be Jack. Also, Moriarty was scary as hell at the end.
Dec 20, 2019 3:44 PM

Mar 2017
Fuck, that did not go how i expected at all! Honestly, though, i'd have done the same thing if i was Moriarty and if i was anyone who saw him do it, i'd cover for him. I'm pretty sure the detectives can make Maki 'disappear'

I think this is the beginning of the end for Moriarty though; i think from here he's probably just going to spiral into madness and it's so sad.
Dec 20, 2019 4:58 PM

Sep 2017
This episode was surprisingly good and exciting, by far the best one yet

Maki was really creepy, I'm kinda glad he died but on the other hand he deserved to stay in jail for the rest of its life
Now I'm curious to see how Moriarty's character will evolve
Dec 20, 2019 5:16 PM
Dec 2018
Anyone can hear the voice of Kana Hanazawa on Moriarty´s sister?
Dec 20, 2019 5:20 PM

Jul 2017
So the whole thing was staged between Sherlock, Moriarty and Irene, while Watson was the leaker without any question. What a revelation of "if you must fool your enemies, fool your own fellow men". Colour me impressive.

With the stage in set, the conspiracies flow within, and all of it was intriguing to see many pieces of the puzzle form one red thread of causal fate. Didn't expect that Maki would be Jack, the moment when Kyogoku faltered should be the point of notice.

And with Moriarty knowing Alex's murder from back then, it sure was scary to reveal his murder intent. But more so, this might go the way that Moriarty will spiral toward his downfall.

The first episode that truly baffled but excited me on the conclusion of this arc. A first 5/5 episode after 3 months.
Dec 20, 2019 5:30 PM

Oct 2009
Holy. Shit.
I think I'm just speechless. Seriously, wtf? This just got a turn into some absolutely fucked up shit. Wtf???

KANLen09 said:
So the whole thing was staged between Sherlock, Moriarty and Irene, while Watson was the leaker without any question.

That was becoming more and more obvious in about every second scene featuring Sherlock, especially after Irene's "death", I think, when he claimed she was dead but we've never seen the body.
Dec 20, 2019 5:32 PM
Dec 2015
OMG.. did you remember Kyogoku + Maki The Jack in the hotel..?? 😘

next episode. new client for Sherlock. the Pipe Kitty. .
Dec 20, 2019 5:51 PM

Jul 2017
yellowheartren said:
Holy. Shit.
I think I'm just speechless. Seriously, wtf? This just got a turn into some absolutely fucked up shit. Wtf???

KANLen09 said:
So the whole thing was staged between Sherlock, Moriarty and Irene, while Watson was the leaker without any question.

That was becoming more and more obvious in about every second scene featuring Sherlock, especially after Irene's "death", I think, when he claimed she was dead but we've never seen the body.

IMO, it was trying to be conspicuous about the amount of evidence, now that the case is done and looking back on it, it was trying to build up in a sense to bait and throw us off initially until everything came to light.
Dec 20, 2019 7:03 PM

Mar 2016
I was surprised when they revealed Moriarty was Moran's son. Even though I had figured out Moriarty's sister and Moran's daughter were the same person, I wonder why I didn't make that connection. Based on the fact that this information was revealed at the start of the episode, the creators did know that it was predictable enough.

Well, we all knew Irene was alive!

I had been wondering how Maki fit into the whole story since he'd said he supports Kyogoku. When Maki was in the room with everybody waiting for Sherlock, I figured it out. I really liked the way they showed everything.
(I had been wondering about Maki's pronouns, and noticed him use 'ore'. So, he was just a cis male pretending to be a female. Even though I am also a cis male, I am glad they didn't make the villain a trans woman.)

Murase Ayumu really got to use most of his different voices this episode. He is too awesome! He almost never gets the chance to use his low voice, so I am glad he got to do it here.

Moriarty is confusing me more and more. He seems like a fairly good kid by now, and every suspicious thing he'd done has been properly explained. However, the episode ended with him receiving the USB, which makes me suspicious of him all over again.
Dec 20, 2019 7:20 PM
Sep 2019
1. Damm, what a twist ending.
2.Never did see that coming..that Maki was Jack. Poor Kyogoku.
3.So, where do we go from here? 13 more episodes to find out.
Dec 20, 2019 8:40 PM

Jan 2013
that was crazy...holy shit
Dec 20, 2019 9:04 PM

Aug 2017
the twist and turns of things was great.
Love this episode! I wonder what will happen to Moriarty.

Dec 20, 2019 10:16 PM
Mar 2019
Ya know. This show started off slow. Like, REALLY slow, IMO. The last 4 or 5 episodes though, have been awesome. Didn’t expect that change of pace at the end. Got real dark real quick.
Dec 20, 2019 10:32 PM

Oct 2008
Damn! this episode is really heartbreaking and totally sad!

Dec 20, 2019 11:47 PM

Oct 2017
This episode just changed my perspective on this series. Moriarty being Moran's son and Alex's twin brother was kinda unexpected and damn really felt bad for him. Maki being jack was obvious after last two episodes but I didn't think Moriarty would have a story like this.
Dec 21, 2019 3:41 AM

Aug 2013
This was exactly how I want a Sherlock adaptation to be. The least probable possibility is the solution. To quote famously: "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

And this is exactly what this episode did. MegamiRem must be a genius to find out that Maki was Jack, because I couldn't deduce this from following the story. I was mostly misled by the original role structure of the Sherlock Holmes novel and didn't expect this adapation to shuffle them up. I thought all points towards Moriarty. But that he actually is the one suffering in this arc, which gives him a motivation to turn into the anti-hero was baffling me.

Great episode and this show becomes better and better. I actually even laughed at Sherlocks case solving Rakugo this time. Also I kind of noticed that when Kogoro and Conan interact in Case Closed. it kinda feels like Tsukkomi and Boke-roles too. Kogoro says some dumb shit and Conan internally scolds him for it or leads him to the right path. I didn't think I need a Rakugo-parodying show to draw this connection wow.

Excited for more.
Dec 21, 2019 3:47 AM
Feb 2019
Well. Theres 13 episodes left. Wonder where its going to go from here.
Dec 21, 2019 5:05 AM
Jul 2018
What a huge change in tone this episode.
Dec 21, 2019 5:13 AM
Jul 2018
And so Moriarty has finally snapped, although not in the fashion I expected him to. I would have never guessed on Maki, quite the epic twist.

It's going to be very interesting to see how this show develops from this episode and onward. Potentially unfortunate for those who chose to ditch the show 3 episodes in who may never get to experience this newly set serious/dark tone.

Dec 21, 2019 5:28 AM

Jan 2011
I'm glad Moriarty was a red herring, since the name alone made it too obvious.
Dec 21, 2019 6:36 AM

May 2019
Man, why did Moriarty rip the butterfly’s wings a few eps ago?

Also, what an episode, what a plot twist... A lot of things happened in just 20 minutes. I would kill Maki as well if I was Moriarty. But still, did they have to include romance between siblings? Geez...
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Dec 21, 2019 11:07 AM
Apr 2016
I don't know about you all but definitely i give it 10/10 the last 3 minutes i was Crying and my heart was paining like Hell 🥺🥺🥺💔💔
Definitely this is is the great conclusion to 1st Cour
Dec 21, 2019 12:29 PM
May 2019
Wow, I just... Maki was a crazy bish, I'll tell you that.

Moriarty's life really sucks. His shady father hired a hitman serial killer to kill him and his sister was accidentally killed instead. Goodness.

The episode ended kind of abruptly with the 'No more Nyan Nyan' business. I had to check if something glitched lol
Dec 21, 2019 12:34 PM

Sep 2011
I like how Watson got mad/sad over being used while he was truly worried, even though he got over it soon, and kind of glad that Irene was alive after all, but this was one unpleasant episode to watch. I guess serial killers are deranged like that. And I'm sure that it was hard for Moriarty, to finally get to the truth behind his sister's death like this. Still, making justice with your own hands like that? It can't be right. The whole thing with Jack seems to be over though, and there are still 13 episodes left. I wonder how things will go from here.
Dec 21, 2019 12:57 PM

Feb 2019
Well, that was highly interesting. I stuck to the Moriarty is the killer until now but oh well. Everything points towards him being an innocent. I wonder what will happen to him now, since he acted in such a vigilant manner.

All in all, great episode.
Dec 21, 2019 2:01 PM

Sep 2017
That's sure not how I was expecting Moriaty to be involved in all this. Very interesting setup and of course Irene was not dead and the entire thing was staged. I knew there was no way that idiot Kyougoku was Jack tho, so it had to be Maki. She turned out to be real fucked up. Kinda surprised Moriaty actually killed her tho. That is probably going to change his character a decent bit and will probably be the focus of the second cour. I wonder if they will just cover up her death?
Dec 21, 2019 3:12 PM

May 2014
Moriarty not being the culprit and Irene being alive seemed obvious enough. Still a better writing choice than the opposite though.

Sherlock sure loves to rant about dicks. How reliable is it to profile serial killers based on their genitals or them being trans? The killer could have any number of other motives. It is a typical Sherlock-style leap of logic. It was unnecessary too because the other hints were enough to suspect Maki anyway, such as being close to Kyogoku.

It is also an incredibly flimsy motive for a serial killer. Going over-the-top crazy because of gender identity, alright then. They also went out of their way to portray her as ugly, in case anyone in the audience didn't hate her enough already. Jack is a brutal serial killer; I think people would have hated her enough anyway.
TheDeedsOfMenDec 21, 2019 4:19 PM
Dec 21, 2019 4:48 PM

May 2016
TheDeedsOfMen said:
Sherlock sure loves to rant about dicks. How reliable is it to profile serial killers based on their genitals or them being trans? The killer could have any number of other motives. It is a typical Sherlock-style leap of logic. It was unnecessary too because the other hints were enough to suspect Maki anyway, such as being close to Kyogoku.

It was pretty obvious he was ranting about dicks to get a reaction out of Maki and make her confess.
Dec 21, 2019 6:28 PM
Apr 2017
This arc really did turn into one heck of a thriller. But the question I have is, why did Moriarty break the USB?
Dec 21, 2019 8:41 PM

Oct 2019
This episode is great, moriarty backstory made me feel bad cause thinking he was Jack the Ripper :(
Dec 22, 2019 8:24 AM

Nov 2019
FuMomo-kun said:
When Maki was in the room with everybody waiting for Sherlock, I figured it out.

Lol don't lie, at best you figured it out when Moriarty intentionally bump into Maki which was obviously to either drop or snatch turns out the former, which most of us figured it out as well
Dec 22, 2019 9:46 AM
Apr 2018
AeroBender said:
Anyone can hear the voice of Kana Hanazawa on Moriarty´s sister?

The first time Alex spoke, i knew it was HanaKana. Her voice is really unique.
Dec 22, 2019 2:44 PM
Jun 2017
Best episode so far. Irene being alive was pretty much obvious, like not showing her body and being very specific with her autopsy location. Maki being Jack was something I learned about by some people theorizing in the comments of the website where I watched this series, but Moriarty and Alexandra being siblings and sons of the Mayor Moran was something that took me offguard, although the former was pretty evident, knowing how phisically alike they were.
Dec 22, 2019 2:49 PM

Aug 2014
Damn that was a lot more fucked than I expected this show to be. If this show was mainstream I can see this episode being controversial. Thankfully it's not even close.
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 22, 2019 4:37 PM

Jul 2014
Don't bring Kana Hanazawa on the show just to kill her. :'(
Otherwise nothing really mind blowing on this episode but it was solid.
Dec 22, 2019 6:34 PM

Mar 2016
YggdraSEED said:
FuMomo-kun said:
When Maki was in the room with everybody waiting for Sherlock, I figured it out.

Lol don't lie, at best you figured it out when Moriarty intentionally bump into Maki which was obviously to either drop or snatch turns out the former, which most of us figured it out as well

I think there was a theory that said a trans woman might have been Jack the ripper. I just remembered that when Kyogokudou, Sherlock and Maki were all in the same room. That was basically how I figured it out.
Dec 23, 2019 6:17 AM

May 2014
TheLimo said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

It was pretty obvious he was ranting about dicks to get a reaction out of Maki and make her confess.
Yes, but it only worked because her motive is what it is. That's the problem. Profiling trans people for serial murders doesn't seem like a very reliable thing to do. There wasn't enough evidence to deduce it, and even if there was, the motive is too weak and stereotypical to be interesting. The pointless rant about genitals demonstrates why it is bad writing. They could have gone with any number of motives, but they apparently couldn't come up with anything better than "hey, it's all about dicks".
TheDeedsOfMenDec 23, 2019 6:25 AM
Dec 23, 2019 7:51 PM
May 2019
Maki was Jack, i called it a few episodes back.
Dec 25, 2019 5:31 AM

Mar 2010
Brutal and sad episode.. I really hope moriaty don't become evil if he does not go to prison.

I am glad irene is still alive
Dec 26, 2019 3:33 AM

Jul 2012
THAT episode was so amazing! I didn't suspect Maki.

Looking forward to the next arc and how they'll handle Moriarty. He just murdered someone, they can't just let him off the hook.
Dec 27, 2019 6:16 PM

Jun 2013
I started suspecting Maki his date with Kyogoku. There was actually a moment when I thought it was Kyogoku too, in the first episode when he deleted something on a cellphone on their first case. Then I figured he was too much of an idiot to pull something like that off.

Considering how Maki murdered Alex, poor girl, I did not feel sorry at all when James cut his throat. He deserved to suffer more though.
臭い-
Dec 28, 2019 5:34 AM
Apr 2019
Best episode thus far. The reveals and conclusion was expertly done. Almost flawless IMO.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

54 by SenChen »»
Apr 14, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

27 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 14, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

39 by OneFaintingRobin »»
Mar 14, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

34 by EratiK »»
Sep 4, 2022 3:58 PM

» john watson case

Koichi23xKaneki2 - Jun 15, 2022

0 by Koichi23xKaneki2 »»
Jun 15, 2022 3:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.