Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even in Another World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 14, 2019 4:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, a wealthy village. That's unusual. It didn't take long for Shinobu to realize some of the cruelty of the people running it though.

That female knight in charge also seems to have a pretty tough attitude. Shinobu seems to be taking her torture pretty sarcastically, almost kinda amusing if you ask me. At least they found out the truth about that village. I find this episode to be one of the more serious ones.
Nov 14, 2019 7:33 AM

Aug 2013
They just had to end the episode like that.

The lord of that region is one messed up guy. I do feel sorry for the village.

Nov 14, 2019 7:38 AM
Aug 2019
Leo said:
They just had to end the episode like that.

Riiiiiight, so frustrating!
Nov 14, 2019 7:58 AM
Feb 2009
wow goddamn cliffhanger and Shinobu fan service is very nice!
Nov 14, 2019 8:01 AM
Jul 2019
I'm seeing a pattern forming; what little we know of the 7 Light faith talks about 7 heroes defeating an evil dragon.

The Empire has a dragon as a state symbol, and its ruler is called Lindwurm (dragon = wyrm in old English). The question now is if the faith was about our 7 summoned characters destined to overthrow a madcap human empire, or an empire formed by an actual evil dragon who disguised/hid itself as the emperor of a human empire.
Nov 14, 2019 8:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Eheh Shinobu kiss ! She's cool.
That poor village... they're forced to kill foreigners in order to live.
Nov 14, 2019 9:14 AM
Jul 2019
Ashhk said:
Eheh Shinobu kiss ! She's cool.
That poor village... they're forced to kill foreigners in order to live.

Can't be helped when their governing lord is a powerful but insane national loyalist.
Nov 14, 2019 10:07 AM

Feb 2019
I wonder if that country is supposed to be an analog to North Korea?

The anime toned down the brutality quite a lot. It also withheld some of the story.

In the manga, there was a lot of blood during the whipping, and the soldier whipping the little girl stopped when she fainted, but Jeanne told him to keep whipping her (which makes me say she can F** right off with her "I was just trying to keep my cover")

Also, the grandfather of the little girl told the story, and said that the father of the little girl came up with the plan to kill travelers and eat them, and to make the village more at ease with his plan, he committed suicide and told them to eat him first.

The grandfather was about to kill himself for the shameful acts he took part in, but the dog boy told him that would be a waste of all the effort he spent to survive.
Nov 14, 2019 11:20 AM

Feb 2019
Ngl, this show went from being decent and having an interesting premise to some straight up bullshit. When did they build a Fucking skydome/NASA? Then the whole dirt and smiling thing just felt like meh writing to me. I did like the backstory with the village and the mother apologising, I really felt that. Eh, 7 eps in may as well finish it off since I don't drop series.
Nov 14, 2019 11:37 AM

Jul 2017
this series has gotten darker than I expected
Nov 14, 2019 11:47 AM

May 2012
Best episode so far

I like darker anime
Nov 14, 2019 12:03 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Looks like Shinobu's also having an fun adventure of her own as well. To be able to notice the irregular nature of the villagers though was pretty impressive of her. But the grim truth about the village though sure was dark. If anything the lord of this lands sure has a rather strict requirement for his people in the form of the greeting and the cleanness. Jeanne being a member of the regions rebel forces was quite the surprise. The lord though sure has quite the personality and a very warped desire of how to govern his lands. Still to be able to launch that spear and aim it at the town thats some skill he has. Overall a solid ep that did well to expand upon both Shinobu and Gustave's characters as well as the quirks that the latter has. At the same time it also introduced quite the curious character in the form of Jeanne. The attempt to intercept the flames also added some great tension to the ep as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2019 12:39 PM

Mar 2019
That episode was darker than usual I didn't expect cannibalism in this show, there was also nice fanservice
So they are using missiles against a magic napalm weapon, seems legit
Nov 14, 2019 12:58 PM
Nov 2018
Wait. They can't eat because they can't work the fields as it would make their clothes dirty. (This is totally how tyranny works!) Apparently there is no chance of changing clothes after work. BUT, they have tons of food to put on the table to trick travelers. (Why, is unclear. The travelers are already there, and there are many more of you, so just kill them.)

Apparently you do NOT get dirty from slaughter, only from working in the fields.

Do the writers realize that cellphones require a satellite?

THIS IS A PERFECTLY NORMAL CONVERSATION:

"Those of us here in Coconono Village are able to live in comfort thanks to our lord, Oslo el Gustave, and Emperor Lindholm von Freyjagard. We're always talking to each other about how we'd like to share this happiness with as many people as possible."

"Mama always goes to extra lengths when we get travelers and makes too much food!"

Those teddybear ears look ridiculous, especially on adult men. I can understand cat ears, as it makes you think of graceful cats, which in turn make you think of graceful girls. But these ears completely miss the point of that.

Luckily the slaughterhouse was in the same building as Shinobu and Cat Guy, and the hatch was unguarded.

Shinobu smiling happily when she is about to be captured. By people who beat a child in the street for - yes - a dirty sleeve. Maybe she was happy for the chance to give us some fan service, so that the inevitable torture didn't matter.
Nov 14, 2019 3:32 PM

Feb 2015
Finally, a decent episode. I was wondering when a plot worth caring about would develop. Not to say it wasn't completely predictable, but that doesn't deter it from being better than everything up until that point.
Nov 14, 2019 3:36 PM
Jan 2016
THe cave they discouvered was about that village, to survive they have to kill the adventurers! But Shinobu acting was really good, also litle girl warden them!

Luvky Elm, he just got a kiss from Shinobu!

Litle girl got punished because of a dirty sleeve (wtf xD), Shinobu saved the girl
letting them capture her!

Nice Shinobu fanservice!

Jeanne was introduced, and seems she is acting aswell, seems she will be in our side!

El Gustavo is crazy, damn, seems the missles weren't capable of stopping that flame, that clifhanger!
Nov 14, 2019 4:38 PM

Feb 2019
Hegar said:
Wait. They can't eat because they can't work the fields as it would make their clothes dirty. (This is totally how tyranny works!) Apparently there is no chance of changing clothes after work. BUT, they have tons of food to put on the table to trick travelers. (Why, is unclear. The travelers are already there, and there are many more of you, so just kill them.)

Apparently you do NOT get dirty from slaughter, only from working in the fields.

THIS IS A PERFECTLY NORMAL CONVERSATION:

"Those of us here in Coconono Village are able to live in comfort thanks to our lord, Oslo el Gustave, and Emperor Lindholm von Freyjagard. We're always talking to each other about how we'd like to share this happiness with as many people as possible."

"Mama always goes to extra lengths when we get travelers and makes too much food!"

Those teddybear ears look ridiculous, especially on adult men. I can understand cat ears, as it makes you think of graceful cats, which in turn make you think of graceful girls. But these ears completely miss the point of that.

Luckily the slaughterhouse was in the same building as Shinobu and Cat Guy, and the hatch was unguarded.

Shinobu smiling happily when she is about to be captured. By people who beat a child in the street for - yes - a dirty sleeve. Maybe she was happy for the chance to give us some fan service, so that the inevitable torture didn't matter.

Actually cell phone require towers, not satellites

In the manga the villagers fed them horse meat that they got from the previous set of travelers they killed.

Also, the lord wouldn't allow them to have unsightly fields planted, and they couldn't afford the supplies needed to farm, so there was more to it than just getting dirty.

Shinobu was confident in her ability to escape and was not expecting to be tortured.
Nov 14, 2019 5:07 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Damn that cliffhanger. RIP to those that got hit by the flaming javelin.
Nov 14, 2019 5:33 PM

Oct 2015
Gustave is one badass villain, I really hope heaven's flames does destroy them, so this mediocre could end! Wishful thinking though.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 14, 2019 7:39 PM

Oct 2009
Why is this anime such a trainwreck clusterfuck........

Enough with the forced kisses too. It's not ok the other way around, it's not ok like this either. Same goes for the nude scenes. Fucking ridiculous.
Nov 14, 2019 9:04 PM
Jun 2013
another great episode, but a depressing. hopefully the 7 heros will do something about it. what i did like was how Tsukasa stayed calm when he got the emergency alert. it left such an intense cliffhanger that i had to read the manga to see what happens next and i have to say i didnt expect anything less from the 7 heros and how they handled it. cant wait to see it animated though
Nov 14, 2019 9:37 PM

Jul 2017
Well if it's one thing this anime does not too bad, it's the kiss scenes...except for the fact that they're so randomly placed can't wait for Ringo to force kiss Tsukasa
Nov 14, 2019 10:44 PM

Dec 2015
okay sure, end the episode like that.
Nov 15, 2019 2:14 AM

Mar 2014
this episode is pretty dark which is a bit out of place but not bad if it weren't for the crazy old guy theatrics, I thought I can bear with the ludicrous of this show but totally psychotic villain !!? No please for the f*ck sake, don't !!!!!!
Nov 15, 2019 3:30 AM

Jun 2017
Oh wow, I can't believe that Gustave had a Handheld Tactical Nuke, or for this matter, a Hand thrown nuke or a Napalm bomb according to Tsukasa, they still got hit even with that Air Defense System huh, nice, looks like things are going well for Shinobu too.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Nov 15, 2019 3:47 AM

Feb 2019
One of the more serious episodes, and after going downhill the last few episodes I quite enjoyed this one. It's still ridiculous and sometimes the direction it's going in is unclear, but it was pretty okay this episode.

I thought the village were loyalists to the Empire and thus received more benefits, but I guess I was wrong. Despite the series' sometimes lighthearted tone, that was pretty dark discovering their cannibalism. Was expecting that knight to release Shinobu, but did not expect the Azure Brigade. Interesting idea. Perhaps Dormundt and the Seven-Light Faith will ally with them in the upcoming conflict.

What surprised me most was the L'age Soleil. Finally, something that doesn't make them OP. Even AA missiles (which I loved by the way, looked like the Patriot missile defence system) couldn't do anything against it except divert its trajectory. I was not expecting it to actually hit Dormundt though. I liked that, so they're not just ALWAYS steamrolling. But what a cliffhanger ending! Now I want to see how they got out or will get out of this.
Nov 15, 2019 5:12 AM

Jun 2016
oh damnnn .. shinobu body so sexy af !!!

and that spear can avoid that last missile, holy fuck !!!

Nov 15, 2019 6:25 AM

Mar 2019
Oh cmon...I hate this type of ending ...Now wait for 7 days -_-

Nov 15, 2019 7:16 AM

Dec 2017
Hegar said:

Writer lacks basic knowledge of how modern technology works, and he does not even care.
Aslo once again: evil everyone, but let's save cannibals, they clearly did nothing wrong, just murdered and ate people.
Oh god, now they have MISSLES. Like really, every time author spawns something I can't get how the hell the thought it was a good idea. Missles need fuel that need working chemical production, microchips, explosives, metallurgy. Where are all of those? Who mans those production lines? Where did they find all the raw resources?
Nov 15, 2019 7:52 AM

Jul 2015
Can't sympathise with villagers. Murdering innocent travellers is inexcusable regardless of what kind of sappy backstory you'll come up with and cannibalism is the lowest of the low to which a person can fall.

Nov 15, 2019 8:31 AM

Aug 2018
Real situation of crisis there, especially when your anti-air missiles aren't efficient against a magical weapon.

About the villagers... well I guess they could have fled the village years earlier, as far I know there shouldn't be gate borders or cameras that would lock them in their town. But no, they left the situation becoming worse at the point they were forced to kill & eat travelers.
Nov 15, 2019 11:34 AM

Dec 2014
this episode just got dark all of a sudden...hmm
Nov 15, 2019 12:11 PM

Nov 2013
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
what the actual f was this episode? lmao

Shinobu was cool as usual, she is the only character i actually like from this

the rest of the story about the village starving to death just so they can build a gold statue...then the idiot guy headbutting the thing and then that flaming arrow... no comments... guess it's time to drop the score even more
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Nov 15, 2019 12:47 PM
Nov 2018
HOOfan_1 said:

Towers, then. When did they put up the towers, and how did they extract the materials? With what machines, and how did they build those?

In the manga the villagers fed them horse meat that they got from the previous set of travelers they killed.

This is the anime though, different story. No mention of horse meat. The World's Greatest Journalist Slash Detective would surely have noticed if it was. And it doesn't change the point - they could have eaten the horse meat themselves to avoid starving; they didn't need to feed the travelers the precious meat to trick them as they were already there and could be jumped; slaughtering animals definitely makes your clothes just as dirty, or even dirtier, than growing crops; and they could have changed clothes for both activities anyway.

Also, the lord wouldn't allow them to have unsightly fields planted, and they couldn't afford the supplies needed to farm, so there was more to it than just getting dirty.

That's not in the anime, so it doesn't exist. The explanation is that growing crops would make the clothes dirty, and it is still B.S. And slaughtering animals would also make them dirty.

Shinobu was confident in her ability to escape and was not expecting to be tortured.

She has no magic and when tied up would have no tools, and she could have been watched, so she couldn't be confident in that. The enemy have shown they'll beat a child at the drop of a hat, so they could easily have beaten and tortured Shinobu as soon as they caught and shackled her. In fact, they could have killed her then. Without magic or super powers no one can be confident in the ability to escape when shackled and surrounded by soldiers. She could have died. Yet she gave herself up with a smile on her face.

And, of course, she was smiling while watching a child get brutally beaten. A child that could even die, or be killed, before she could reach the street. The only explanation to how she could smile in that situation is that she knew the author wouldn't allow the child to die or to be wounded in any way that couldn't be easily mended. Either that or she's sweet but a psycho, a little bit psycho, at night she's screaming, I'm-ma-ma out of my mind.
HegarNov 15, 2019 12:54 PM
Nov 15, 2019 1:05 PM

Feb 2019
Hegar said:
Yet she gave herself up with a smile on her face.

The title of the show spells out that they are going to "Have it Easy"

Yeah, the anime scene made absolutely no sense...they had a huge feast, yet none of the villagers would eat it. There was no reason for them not to eat the same food they fed the dog boy and ninja girl, because it wasn't poisoned....and if it was poisoned, that would prevent them from eating them...because the poison would taint them.

The manga isn't exactly written well, but it did make more sense than the anime.
Nov 15, 2019 1:15 PM
Nov 2018
I liked the concept of the show, but not how it's carried out. It's like the authors didn't know how to do what they wanted to do. The first two episodes were good, with the trade competition set up, but after that they ran out of explanations.

I am very disappointed in seeing this show isn't Dr. Stone in the Renaissance, or even Arifureta where there's at least magic and training to explain the overpowerment. Or even In Another World With My Smartphone, where God's gift is the explanation.

But what makes it worse still is that this show is so pretentious.

"Let's make a show where they move the feudal values 500 years forward!"
"Wow, I'd love to virtue signal that much! It will be a beacon of light, this show. But how do we do it?"
"Um ... we'll just say it happened, period."
"Great."
"Also, we'll use religion to dupe the peasants into obedience. And we'll only require one scene to make them adopt a whole new belief system."
"How is that moving values into our time?"
"ISIS is in our time, isn't it?"
"Right you are."
Nov 15, 2019 3:51 PM

Apr 2014
What's up with those lame kissing thing in this series? Doesn't make sense. Either way good episode ended in cliffhanger. F.
Nov 15, 2019 6:06 PM

Dec 2009
Man things are getting pretty interesting, dang. I almost expected them to hit it with an atomic warhead in midflight than HE warhead missiles. Would have been epic.

phil2288 said:
I'm seeing a pattern forming; what little we know of the 7 Light faith talks about 7 heroes defeating an evil dragon.
Dragon is literally the name of the trope for the "darth vader" of any particular story.

HOOfan_1 said:
In the manga, there was a lot of blood during the whipping, and the soldier whipping the little girl stopped when she fainted, but Jeanne told him to keep whipping her (which makes me say she can F** right off with her "I was just trying to keep my cover")
You aren't thinking about how this would be in a dystopian fascist society, where if she were to do anything that wouldn't be seen as sufficient by the chain of command, or do anything that can be seen as suspicious, she'd lose her position and therefore her influence and advantage. Many people in all points of history who have worked on the inside of whatever for the greater good have been forced to commit unforgivable atrocities in order to maintain cover and position. You already sign your soul off to hell so to speak by even taking up such a task as blending in with the enemy.
GenesisAriaNov 15, 2019 6:18 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 15, 2019 8:15 PM

Feb 2019
AlanChung said:
HOOfan_1 said:

Hoh boy do I have some news for you! Satellite phones have been around for damn near 20+ years now and considering each of their positions before they transported aside from a few, a satellite phone would have been the requirement in their life than a normal phone. Doesn't matter though because the point of the OP was that these phones don't make any freaking sense.

A satellite phone is a satellite phone.....NOT A CELL PHONE

Cell Phones require towers which create.....CELLS thus why they are called Cell phones

They seem to be using ordinary smart phones...a satellite phone would have a bulky antenna.
Nov 16, 2019 2:17 AM

Oct 2008
how the heck did they produce missiles? oh god!
Senku would facepalm!

Nov 16, 2019 3:17 AM

Jan 2016
All I hear when Gustav speaks is Giliath Osborne
Nov 17, 2019 1:51 PM

Oct 2017
This show is actually really good. Great production quality all around with the visuals / music / directing. Plot is gearing up. Throwing in some fantastic dark / dramatic elements. The light-hearted / sexual elements are still there but not overbearing (pun intended kuma!).

What was a very well produced bit of light-hearted fun is becoming something much more well-rounded. Loving it. Goes from a 6 to a 7 after this ep.

Shame so many sad losers will hate-watch it for dumb reasons and pollute the episode discussion threads with their negativity. Hate to respond to the negativity with more negativity but I just have to call out these so-called anime "fans".
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Nov 19, 2019 8:16 AM

Oct 2017
What a sick freaking bastard that guy Gustave is. Hope that someone shove the heaven's flame in his ass.
Nov 19, 2019 4:37 PM

Jul 2017
Shinobu's infiltration definitely leads to a sinister plot, of the entire village being upheld by some knight of valour, in name only of the illicit governor Gustave. But even for a knight to approach her for help in the sliver of disguise, seems like the Yamato Empire (or rather the prodigies's kingdom) has resources to rebel against any state.

Looks like the battle started too soon, the whole thing felt like a stupid battle TBH.
Nov 22, 2019 4:16 AM
Jul 2018
How did that spear evade that futuristic non-magic weapon?
removed-userNov 22, 2019 4:23 AM
Nov 22, 2019 9:16 AM

Jan 2016
This episode was actually somewhat interesting

but how in the fresh heck did she make all that technology so quickly? what the fuck lmfao.

And a giant arrow somehow evading a missile like that in a split second ? ya ok
Nov 26, 2019 3:23 PM
Aug 2019
Best episode so far. Loved the dark-cruel part.
Dec 5, 2019 12:46 AM

Mar 2009
Only took 7 episodes for this show to get interesting.
Feb 5, 2020 3:03 PM

Jul 2015
Gustave is one crazy bastard but he has some serious power there, can't wait to see him defeated by our modern world heroes

Mar 1, 2020 5:48 PM

Apr 2009
I had an inkling that Gustav might have one loose screw but not this crazy, zealot worshiping his Emperor! >_< So Captain Jeanne might actually be good in the general sense of politics and social welfare?

Wow the anti-air system is actually operational already? Fast buildup there! Magic shielding in L'age Soleil seems to shrug it off though.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2019

66 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 28, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2019

44 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 28, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

80 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 25, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2019

76 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:03 AM

» Would there be a season 2?

Allxn - Dec 24, 2019

14 by YASS3R »»
Aug 30, 2023 7:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.