Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 3, 2019 1:43 AM

Oct 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And that's it, this season was honestly fun to watch

It has its ups and down but it ended up being one of my favorite season, saying goodbye to everyone was emotional and I wasn't expecting Burnet to be pregnant I hope we see their baby in the next season. Goodbye Alola.

Ri22rkMay 15, 2021 7:05 AM
Nov 3, 2019 2:28 AM

Mar 2008
;_; I miss it already.

Best season. Best characters. Best animation and artstyle. No contest.

Hype for PM!
Nov 3, 2019 2:50 AM

Oct 2018
frozenpandaman said:
;_; I miss it already.

Best season. Best characters. Best animation and artstyle. No contest.

Hype for PM!
yeah and I'm pretty sure next season isnt a reboot, hope we see everyone from previous region. and not to mention professor Burnet baby.
Nov 3, 2019 8:32 AM
Aug 2018
Best season for me and i love how each characters has their own unique closures
Nov 3, 2019 10:14 AM
Jan 2018
He leaves all his Alola Pokemon in Alola ...erm why he's the champion shouldn't he take at least one or two with him to use around the world so that the region gets more recognition but of course this is ash we are talking about and the anime creators like to start from scratch
Nov 3, 2019 10:47 AM

May 2012
Oof, that hit me in the emotions hard. I was feeling sad during the Lilie departure, but Burnet and Kukui hugging Ash got legit tears coming out. It's sad seeing him leave his Alolan family, but it was inevitable.
Super happy that Burnet was shown pregnant at the end, I don't think they've ever shown or hinted at pregnancy much in the series. But with the theme of "family" that Sun and Moon aimed for, it was eventually to be expected.
We also got a hint at there being more Ultra Beasts out there than we know about. Whether we'll actually see more in the future is unknown, but cool to know that, like Pokemon, there's many more out there we haven't seen yet.

Overall, a very solid season and a powerful ending. I know its a pretty controversial season, but I think most people who have actually watched it in its entirety agree it was decent. I certainly loved it, and it's one of my favorite seasons of Pokemon now. I'm looking forward to what Sword and Shield will do.
Nov 3, 2019 10:51 AM

Oct 2018
Mattinator95 said:
He leaves all his Alola Pokemon in Alola ...erm why he's the champion shouldn't he take at least one or two with him to use around the world so that the region gets more recognition but of course this is ash we are talking about and the anime creators like to start from scratch
he will travel all regions so we will see them again anyway and he didn't released them too, kukui's house is new oak lab, besides it's more fitting he left his pokemon with his parents (they're basically like his parents and that's a fact)
Nov 3, 2019 11:35 AM

Jan 2013
There's so much charm packed into this series it'll be hard to forget.

Its been a great three years!
ChandelaNov 3, 2019 12:38 PM
Nov 3, 2019 11:41 AM
Apr 2014
Almost had a confession, satoshis harem is growing.
Nov 3, 2019 11:47 AM

Sep 2007
Xionea said:

Super happy that Burnet was shown pregnant at the end, I don't think they've ever shown or hinted at pregnancy much in the series. But with the theme of "family" that Sun and Moon aimed for, it was eventually to be expected. .

Exactly.
It's the first time we see a character pregnant in Pokemon. :)
Nov 3, 2019 11:58 AM
Dec 2014
This is the first time I am posting in an episode discussion on MAL, which just shows how much I ended up loving not only this episode but also the S&M series.

I never expected S&M to end up being among my favourites like XYZ and DP: Sinnoh League Victors but I am glad I watched it till the end. It kinda reignited the flame of love for Pokémon franchise within me, which I am super happy for. Not only did we see the most epic battle conclusion since Ash VS Paul being Ash VS Kukui, but also the victory in Alola League and Ash becoming its very first champion shook the world to its core, I mean our real world!

I am pretty salty he left all of his Alola Team at Kukui's but it does make sense. Also, its not like he released them, I am pretty sure he can just call up for them whenever he wants, it might be his Alolan "Oak's Lab".

Prof. Burnett getting pregnant was super cute and unexpected. And the scene where Burnett starts crying and then she and Kukui hug Ash and Pikachu was just... awesome and heartwarming (Im not crying, you're crying).

Thank you, Alola!
Nov 3, 2019 1:10 PM

Sep 2011
I thought I would be ready for this, but it was even more moving than what I expected it would be. Team Rocket's goodbye to their pokémon, and to Kiteruguma got me. Lillie reminiscing about how it was Satoshi who helped her to befriend pokémon and thanking him got me, Satoshi and his group hug with Burnet, and Kukui got me. The way he left his pokémon with them instead of taking them to Okido's lab got me.

The way everyone showed up for another "Alola Surprise" so they could say goodbye to Satoshi when he was already in the plane got me. The way Mao had to see everyone leaving, even Sheimi in the end, got me. And the fact that Burnet, and Kukui are going to be parents got me. I can't believe it has been three years already. It was a really moving final episode, and it hurts, as goodbyes usually do, but I'm ready for more, and really glad that Sun & Moon got me back into the Pokémon anime, I have been missing a lot, but no more.
Nov 3, 2019 2:00 PM

Nov 2009
This was the best Pokemon Season for me, i loved the whole setting, the characters and how it felt.
Nov 3, 2019 2:51 PM
Nov 2017
The ending definitely delivered the feels. Will miss the characters, and I'm glad that they all have their own goals.

Can't wait for next gen in a few weeks.
Nov 3, 2019 3:04 PM

Aug 2013
And it's over, I really enjoy the seventh generation in both games and anime. S&M was a very beautiful and very underrated series, and it is clearly among my favorites in general of all the Pokémon anime, for that and much more thanks you and goodbye Alola <3...
Nov 3, 2019 4:26 PM
Jan 2019
damn gladio you interupt lilie to say something to satoshi .....
Nov 3, 2019 5:54 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Bwuuuuh!
It's been a long journey!
I really loved al of the characters in Sun & Moon. They're so lively and cute. ;o; I was always rooting for them in whatever they wanted to do. Some of them grew so much compared to the beginning of the series-- especially like Lillie and even like Sophocles (who I kinda feel didn't always get his time to shine, but that's okay)!

This region was so fun and felt like a big festival a lot of the time. Yet, it's also a nice, laidback region. It felt so comforting. Like, have you ever just played a game or watched an anime and thought, "Wow, I kinda wanna go there" while you're going around? That's how Alola was for me and I've never felt that way about any other Pokemon. I always kinda felt like I didn't belong, I'd stand out if I were there, and that I'd be beaten to a pulp by all the strong trainers, but Alola was just so welcoming-- it means a lot to me.

I do want to say really quick I'M GLAD HAU APPEARED (briefly) IN THE LAST EPISODE. MY SON. I wish he would have seen some people off but what can ya do. They hardly threw him in the series anyway, so love what you can get, right? Settling...

Anyway, so many episodes were full of such interesting and fun antics. Good, pure fun. I'm going to miss it all for sure. ;O;
There were so moments that I was eh about, but overall, nice series. Definitely my cup of tea. I kinda wish they could have just made it a solid 150 episodes so I can come to better terms with it ending, but this is fine.

OH RIGHT. And oh my gosh the whole Team Rocket part was so sweet. ;o;; Agggh!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 3, 2019 6:00 PM

Feb 2012
These tears dripping... Satoshi again leaves his pokemon behind but takes the z move bracelet with him which is a plus. crazy we dont see him age but we got to see that Burnet is pregnant! Hope to see them appear again in the next journey.

Should have kept Mukroh with him, one of best comedic pokemon in a while
Nov 3, 2019 7:28 PM

Jan 2013
Sun and Moon had a bad first impression because people weren't used to the art style change but this was indeed the most wholesome series out of all the Gens. and it pretty much sums up to one thing, friendship!

Team Rocket leaving was the big heartbreaker because James couldn't really tell Mareanie goodbye...and it showed Bewear really cared for them. they pretty much set up the emotions once Lillie and Ash left. Shaymin leaving Mallow when everybody else pretty much gone separate was another sad one. i really hope there's gonna be a reunion of everybody during the next series since Ash and Go are exploring all the regions

these last bunch of eps really bumped my personal score from 7 to 8 for sure. Pokemon never failed to do tearjerker farewells...aside from Black and White since i skipped that one.
Nov 3, 2019 8:11 PM
Aug 2018
Interesting He leaves all alola pokemon in alola
Damn Pokemon good bye episode are always cruel 😭😭
Nov 3, 2019 8:23 PM

May 2015
I really wanted for Ash to take his pokemon to Oak's lab so they could meet all the other pokemon from Ash.
What I didn't like at all is that the farewell of him and his team was never shown.
Everything else was really good and touching.
Probably my favorite season after DP.
Nov 3, 2019 9:06 PM

Aug 2015
Well the finale made me cry, because my life has gone really bad when i see such sad farewell moments they affect my psychology a lot. At least in the end the atmosphere changed a little by showing how everyone is fine while continuing on with their usual activities.
Nov 4, 2019 12:09 AM
Apr 2016
watched it 5 times and it made me cry
the great thing was ash got his daddy/mommy love from his alolan parents now he is getting a little brother
Nov 4, 2019 6:23 AM
Jul 2018
I have watched almost every chapter of the Pokemon series, XYZ was my favourite but Sun and Moon was very enjoyable the whole cast of characters were funny like they were your all time friends.

The animation was perfect for so many silly and funny moments, Ash becoming the champion was a big surprise and the final chapter was so touchy Lillie leaving to travel, Ash returning home and the whole crew chasing their dreams was very good.

The moment at the airport was sad and cute his Allow parents saying goodbye to him almost made cry and the news about Burnet's pregnancy was amazing.

Bye Alola and welcome to the Galar region next week.
Nov 4, 2019 8:45 AM
Apr 2019
I'm still BAWLING. This entire farewell was so beautiful. WHAT A WAY TO END THE ALOLA SEASON.
Nov 4, 2019 4:52 PM

Oct 2013
Still not as good as Serena kissing Ash in the farewell, but pretty good and a fitting end to SM. Pregnant Burnet was unexpected!
Nov 4, 2019 6:39 PM

Jul 2017
And that's if for the Alola saga! Like i thought, it was hard seeing everyone say goodbye.. The feels always get to me. But every journey must come to an end unfortunately.

Overall, i think it was a fine season, definitely not one of my favorites, but yeah, it had its moment during several episodes and the characters were super lovable. Ash evolved even further as a trainer and managed to win the Alola league, something he never managed to achieve before. Well done my dude. Its a solid 6/10 from me.

Well guys, see you all in the new series! Wich seems to be promising!
WaterLordNov 4, 2019 6:43 PM
Nov 6, 2019 6:47 AM
Jul 2014
Still best serie is xyz.For example they use xyz opening song for thunderbolt kamehameha.Satoshi leaves all serie pokemons,but forgot to leave pikachu too.He should remember,If pikachu leaves to new region he become lv 1 pikachu with some moveset.Then beaten by some random new starter pokemon until Team Rocket is comes.

S&M generaly testing season for company new ideas.E.G. meeting with old friends,upgrading old pokes with new forms,ash goes school,legion legends main apperances not in movie pokemon but in main series,ultra guardian thing,transport pokemons ...

But real issue satoshi not show his older experiances to others.Example; Hoenn huh,lucario huh,POKEMON LEAGUE HUHHH...
For animation, i remember episode 1 rewiews and peoples talking about what is this and looking for episode 146 rewiews.I learned again Peoples just getting used to anything.

For Team Rocket,company don't care them to much they are just filler of episode time generaly thats why they leaves their pokemons in alola and they deparature some time with Satoshi.That so sad.
For last episode they do some rushed things so randomly with random content.With this mix content(some of them good details) auidence confused,they focused their liked details and like episode generaly with that.

Thats my analysis with my wiew.Satoshi still will be forgetfull,leaves pokemons again and begin journey with pikachu until his grounded.I hope Satoshi meet old journey friends,reobtain released pokemons,reenter old pokemons leagues to champion with new generation pokemons and lastly meet his father.(I still think his father is legendary pokemon with shaped human.)
sonyugNov 6, 2019 7:07 AM
Nov 7, 2019 6:15 AM

Oct 2008
When I first watched Sun & Moon, I thought it was a crap show and couldn't adjust to new character design but as I kept watching, I fell in love with the series and Alola League and Exhibition Match really nailed it, with Satoshi VS Kukui being the most epic Pokemon battle I ever seen. For the first time, Satoshi achieved everything he ever wanted to achieve. Sun & Moon went from worst season to best season for me. I'll never forget this season. I hope 2019 anime will be as good as Sun & Moon was.
Nov 8, 2019 4:14 AM

Aug 2008
By the time Burnets child will go to a new pokemon adventure, Ash will probably still be 10.
Nov 8, 2019 1:33 PM

Nov 2017
It's sad that end.

Nov 8, 2019 3:00 PM

Jan 2016
A bit late but man that was an emotional farewell! Such a fun season, people can complain about the art style all they want but this season was special!
Nov 11, 2019 8:47 AM
Jul 2017
Just watched this.

Team Rocket should have taken Mimikyu at least.

Satoshi should have gone with Lilie and family for a while, it would have been instructive.

Notice that Burnet only got pregnant AFTER she found out her husband was Royal Mask. ENJOY!

Great series, 9/10 no lie.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Nov 16, 2019 3:17 PM

Jun 2008
I'm wondering if the baby is Gou in Pokémon 2019?

This was honestly a great season. I was first turned off, but as I gave it a chance, the show kept growing on me. The characters' development, the stories, the art style, etc. It was a great show! Some episode felt like fillers now and then, which added zero to the plot, but when the plot moved, it was pretty good and I wanted to continue watching. Pokémon lovers who're turned off by the art style, should honestly give this show a chance!
Nov 17, 2019 10:38 AM

Jul 2015
Aaaaa, I cried like a baby through the whole episode, after three years following those lovable characters it makes me so sad to have to say goodbye to them.

They nailed the emotions with the goodbyes, I especially loved Kukui and Burnet's, I absolutely adored how much importance Kukui had through the whole season compared to any other professor in the franchise, that adult figure helping the growth of everyone was such a great element for the series. Oak is a classic everyone loves, myself included, but Kukui deservedly took the number 1 spot in my heart.

Now moving to the Team Rocket... aw man, sad Mimikyu hurt me, but even worse was Toxapex all blissfully unaware thinking that she would go with James and co, thankfully I'm sure that both will have a ton of fun with Bewear and Stufful, but man, seeing James giving her the z-ring and entrusting the protection of the Team Rocket branch to her until they come back hit me hard, James forever best boy.

Overall that was a great season, I can't really compare it to the others since I watched those on TV whenever they aired and its been years already, so it's just a different experience, but those 3 years of following Sun and Moon flew by and with it lots of fun and memorable moments came along. 8/10 from my part and I can't wait to see if the new series keeps delivering hard. I will miss Alola's SoL feeling for sure tho q_q
Dec 1, 2019 10:43 AM

May 2018
I shed some tears...

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Dec 15, 2019 1:14 PM
Jul 2017
xSayumi said:
I shed some tears...

I shed many tears...
May 24, 2020 3:55 AM

May 2013
damn I cried.......also we ALL know Lillie likes Ash ;)
Jun 16, 2020 7:37 AM

Sep 2010
Damn that was so emotional. Especially the scene where Burnet and Kukui hugged Ash. The only drawback in this episode is that they minimized team rocket's pokemon farewell and that is usually pretty emotional.
Jun 23, 2020 10:06 PM
Aug 2017
This season was prolly one of the best in pokemon series, I know its almost likr a SoL but that’s what made it stand out.

Looks like Lilly fell in love with Ash lmfao.
I enjoyed this 10/10 throughout the whole thing it was a fun ride
Jul 4, 2020 11:03 PM

Mar 2014
Holy crap THEY'RE ALL SO CUTE AHHHHH

The shaymin event was a surprise. Nice that they kinda explained why there was a legendary pokemon on the team for so long at least.

Also, where the hell was Ash's mom? He got on a flight at night all by himself? I find it ironic that Ash found his own family on Alola, meanwhile his actual mother was barely present at all.
Jul 14, 2020 11:09 PM

Mar 2014
Glad to have the whole anime at Netflix to fill all the missing episodes that I skipped since I didn't have time to watch them back then the anime was airing.

The "weekly slice of life" part is pretty enjoyable to watch. It really gives deep to Alola thanks that Ash & buddies are in a fixed location instead to "fill the gaps between routes" like usually do the previous seasons. Sure half of them feels like refill but is not bad.

The new animation style is pretty great. Hard at the beginning since I was used to the XYZ shounen style.

Lusamine's arc is very well implemented. I like that variant of her (crazy villain one from the original Sun/Moon of the videogame is still my favorite) and how is affected to Lillie initial refusal before getting Vulpix.

The Alola league is where it falls pretty pretty bad. Amazing ideas but most of them have bad execution (like the battle royale at the beginning). The use of the secondary characters as the league roster is a nice touch and gives chances to give them more development like Suiren vs Mao. Now all Ash's battles are pretty lame, from making bad jokes like Meltan eating Hypno's coin to nerfing Guzma just to Ash be able to be at the finals. Not need to be explain at the Stone Edge spamfest, pretty much all internet was pretty mad on that day. Also it is the only arc where the Z moves are threated as a joke instead the "mighty ultimate move" that was in the previous arcs.

Finally Kukui vs Ash, very good battle, it reminds me the final at Orange League vs not-Lance. Tapu Koko is the cherry in the cake. Shame that at the end I heard "the best exhibition battle", I got sad that it was not the league finals that battle (similar to the sun moon's Elite 4). It would improve the series reputation because the rest of the episodes are good but is now the media will remember it as "bad drawing and ugly league pokemon anime".

Kukui and Brundet are Ash's real parents. change-my-mind.png TTvTT
JoycdonnellJul 14, 2020 11:13 PM
May 5, 2021 1:33 PM

Dec 2007
of course ash will leave his pokemon in alola, no surprise there.

they summarise it pretty well, and i wasn't surprised with burnet pregnancy with the family theme in the series, the finale had done it well in the area.

never the less, the downhills of SM really lowered my respects for the good parts of the series, maybe it's because couple of reasons, never the less, it's stationed for me before BW and after indigo league.

7/10
i will write my full opinion in my full fledge review, wait for it.
Jun 11, 2021 7:59 PM

Jul 2013
Damn that ending was such an emotional rollercoaster. There were so many sweet moments. Ash leaving his Pokemon at Alola was definitely a possibility, but I wished he took them with him.

For me personally the saddest moment was by far when Kukui and Burnet said goodbye at the airport. God damn I couldn't hold back my tears. It felt like parents said goodbye to their kid. ;_;
Kukui and Burnet = Ashs Alola parents confirmed!

Awesome to see when everybody came on their ultra guardian flying pokemon for the final farewell.

Alola was so much fun. I don't think I've laughed so much during any other season. The whole theme and how they handled it felt really refreshing. Z-moves were also something I enjoyed a lot.
But the best part about this season were the characters. At the very beginning I wasn't sure about so many different characters at once but boy was I wrong. And not to forget out of all seasons Kukui was by far the best professor and also even more important, a father figure for Ash.

It was nice to see Burnet being pregnant at the end. Both Kukui and her will make an awesome job as father and mother.

Besides from that I can only say, thanks Alola :)

Sep 9, 2021 6:22 AM

Sep 2018
Yeah, I teared up a bit. Goodbyes in Pokemon are always emotional. A great and honestly refreshing series to this franchise. 9/10.
Oct 9, 2021 12:35 AM

Jul 2012
Would you look at that, I actually cried

This series is an underappreciated well written gem.

Too bad people are put off by the artstyle and wackier humor.

This was a very satisfying and bittersweet finale to a great journey.

8,5/10 overall

If XYZ is the best Pokemon anime got despite the underwhelming decisive battle (nailed in here), this was definitely the best full product in an overview.

Did not regret going through 100+ eps, the entire cast was delightfully well characterized.
Jan 23, 2022 10:38 PM

Aug 2017
That was a good season. I initially dropped and now I watched it again. It was a fun watch. Wasn't really a fan of goofy ash at first but it grew on me. Would still love to see the previous ash be back but I don't know if he's the mc next. Still disappointed with the league but the exhibition match was more than enough. One of the best battles. Didn't like the art style at first but now I love it. I'm not sure if z-moves can be used outside alola, would be a bummer if not. Overall a good and fun season 7/10
Feb 4, 2023 10:23 PM

Dec 2012
Lilie going on a journey.
Rocket Gang.
Sakaki.
Kojiro tells Hidoide the news.
Mimikkyu attacks Pikachu.
Jewmanbolto.
Mimikkyu falls in the water.
Mimikkyu leaves.
Oh shit! Solgaleo.
Rocket Gang get sent flying.
Went through the Ultra Hole?
Satoshi tells them.
Dat pic.
Dat hug.
Dat Alola surprise.
Dat ending.

Still pissed that they made Satoshi lose in XYZ, but win here with that joke of a character design. A spit in the face to XY fans. Lastly, that baby is going to be born and age before Satoshi turns 11. That baby is proof time is focked for Satoshi in this series.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 4, 2023 10:29 PM
Feb 2021
sorry but for me alola comes in top 3 least fav seasons!, i literally grew up watching it and watching this artstyle of ash and pikachu was straight up annoying, the whole going to school and pokemon league was a joke, the whole season was saved by last 2 final fights
Feb 4, 2023 10:38 PM
Feb 2021
being called as an alolan champion was not at all satisfying, that pokemon league was a literal joke, he literally won among the noobies and only worthy fights were last 2 battles. And did really dirty to ash's incineroar 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kensai-Serazu - Nov 17, 2016

105 by crackingfeetlol »»
Mar 29, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 144 Discussion

Ri22rk - Oct 20, 2019

28 by leanrv »»
Feb 20, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 143 Discussion

Ri22rk - Oct 13, 2019

18 by leanrv »»
Feb 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 139 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Crzykido - Sep 15, 2019

58 by leanrv »»
Feb 7, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 133 Discussion

dannymilk - Aug 4, 2019

17 by leanrv »»
Jan 23, 5:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.