Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2019 3:09 AM

Oct 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What an exciting match, only two episodes are left and not gonna lie I'm going to miss this season.

Ri22rkOct 20, 2019 8:08 AM
Oct 20, 2019 10:45 AM
Jun 2008
THIS MY FAVORITE BATTLE EVER!!! I'm SO HAPPY with this episode!!
Oct 20, 2019 10:51 AM

May 2012
That was intense! Animation was also top notch, lots of incredible battle moments and facial expressions. I especially loved the clash between the two Z-Moves, with Ash channeling his inner DBZ for the maximum power. Magnificent fight overall, definitely felt like a satisfying conclusion to the season, but we still got the wrap-up episodes before Sword and Shield begins. I'm excited and sad at the same time, I love the Pokemon Leagues and I'm sad this one is over.
Oct 20, 2019 12:23 PM
Apr 2019
THIS CONCLUSION WAS ABSOLUTELY EXHILARATING!!!!!!! I AM ACTUALLY CRYING MY EYES OUT RN. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE IT.
Oct 20, 2019 1:11 PM

Sep 2007
And when i was reading some posts weeks ago ...
Saying it's a false league, with bad matches and others ...
And here, we had the best one from the whole licence.
Oh man, it's was really powerful and awesome.
Oct 20, 2019 1:26 PM

Sep 2011
This was really intense, and cool, especially Kukui, even though he lost... The movements during the battle were amazing, and Agoyon did a good job damaging Kapu-Kokeko a little. Pikachu was amazing too, and he was able to defeat a legendary Z-Move from a Guardian Deity together with Satoshi, and that's honestly a bit much, but I'm not even mad.

I guess it would leave a bad aftertaste to see Satoshi losing here after he just finally won, but well. I'm happy for him and Pikachu, and now Kukui will have a league each year to crush other trainers. lol But did Satoshi's mother, and professor Okido just leave without saying goodbye? That's just heartless. But well, Alola's story is coming to a close...
Oct 20, 2019 1:46 PM

Jan 2016
Oh woah... Ash and Pikachu really defeated a Pokemon deity! xD That proves the title of being Alola's strongest trainer :P All in all, this was the perfect ending for this League ^^
THANKS SENPIEX
Oct 20, 2019 1:56 PM
Nov 2017
That was beautiful. Good ending to an epic battle.

That Pikachu and Ash Kamehameha was godly.
Oct 20, 2019 2:49 PM

Sep 2017
now that fight was epic!! Ash and Pikachu were amazing in this fight.
Tapu z move was amazing,Ash didn't expect a z move to take shape into a giant titan. his reaction was like:
" so you want me to fight that energy collosal statue 😌😓 ok haha "

(also Tapu kokos z move isn't meant to ko opponents but do half damage.. even if Tapu kokos z move landed, it wouldn't have ko'ed pikachu but injured it severally so it could have survived it if landed)

anyways amazing ep. the end is near and new season is upon us.
Oct 20, 2019 2:49 PM

Jan 2015
Holy...! This was beyond exciting
Oct 20, 2019 3:25 PM

Oct 2013
That was great! The best ending to the best match of the best pokeleague ever.

It's like the culmination of a whole 1000+ episode arc of Ash and Pikachu, arguably more than the league win.
Oct 20, 2019 3:28 PM

Aug 2013
With 4 episodes this is officially the longest battle in Pokémon history, and easily enters its Top 5 best battles.

The end is coming, I will really miss Alola <3...
Oct 20, 2019 4:28 PM

Jul 2017
What an awesome match! And Ash managed to beat Tapu-Koko and Kukui as well! Fantastic bonus to add to the Alola League Championship for sure!

Ash is on a roll now. That makes me even more intrigued to see what they will do with the next series, since it will feature all the regions. I'd love to see him on a journey to challenge all the leagues again, that'd be cool. But we won't get that so easily xD

Sun and Moon is almost coming to an end. Not one of the best Pokemon series so far, but yeah, it was an enjoyable ride for sure. And the ending episodes are always the departures and i can't really watch them with a clear mind xD
Oct 20, 2019 8:07 PM

Jan 2013
Pikachu wearing Ash's hat and the fist bump got me. and now we are close to the saddest part of every Gen and that's saying goodbye to everybody
never watched Black & White but this feels like two Gens in a row where Ash could've ride off in the sunset, i dont think the new series will top it as far as Ash's accomplishments goes, at least on his end of the story.....unless its one GIANT redemption story for him with help from other MC
dannymilkOct 20, 2019 8:11 PM
Oct 20, 2019 9:42 PM

Dec 2012
Elec Field.
Kapu-Kokeko didn't dodge. lol
Dat sakuga.
Dat Magical Shine.
Dat sakuga.
Dat Electrical Discharge. Damn!
Agoyon is down.
Wicke looking fine.
The final battle. Kapu-Kokeko vs Pikachu.
Jewmanbolto!
Dat Denkousekka hit Kapu-Kokeko.
It got caught in the ElecNet.
Jewmanbolto!
Dat explosion.
Kukui praises Satoshi.
Kapu-Kokeko tells Kukui it wants to use the Z-Waza.
Singing? Nani?
There's golden shower then there's Kapu shower.
A Kapu-Z?
Zenryoku tai zenryoku.
A hand? No. Kyojin!
Type Wild starts playing.
Satoshi's Z-Crystal changed.
Satoshi gave his hat to Pikachu.
Dat sakuga.
Stronger than a Jewmanbolto's 100,000 volts? 1,000,000 volt. No. Even bigger than that. Chou zenryoku!
Godd Hando Inpakuto!
Issen man volto?
Kamehameha?
DAT SAKUGA!!!!!!
Kapu-Kokeko is down.
No fucking way! Satoshi wins.
Hanako and Okido hakase leave.

They beat a Goddo Hando Inpakuto. So when the director told Rica right before the league started that Satoshi was going to win it this time... this battle was included as well. lol
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 21, 2019 2:42 AM

Dec 2011
The battle got me quite emotional to see how far Ash and Pikachu went to finally become the best champion of Alola.
Oct 21, 2019 8:43 AM
Feb 2016
When your final episodes are its best but the rest are near terrible or ok, that doesn't redeem this season at all. Although that kamehameha they did was lit
Oct 21, 2019 9:16 AM
Nov 2014
This was amazing. One of the best battles in the entire series, alongside Ash vs Paul.
Alola Pokemon League it's definitely one of the best too, up there with Sinnoh, Johto and Kalos.
It will be sad to see Sun and Moon come to an end. At first I had very low expectations for this series, after seeing how the art style for it looked like, and the school setting. But now, I have to say it's one of the series that I enjoyed the most.
It had a more mature approach of deep subjects, like death, and a lot of heartwarming moments, as well as some of the best battles in the franchise. Not to mention Ash finally won a Pokemon League, and Pikachu defeated yet another legendary Pokemon. Epic.
Supersky said:
When your final episodes are its best but the rest are near terrible or ok, that doesn't redeem this season at all. Although that kamehameha they did was lit

The rest of the episodes aren't nowhere near terrible. They're not below the usual level for pokemon episodes, and some are better.
Oct 21, 2019 10:26 PM
Nov 2018
Where are the XY fanboys now? I don't hear them crying like they usually do
Oct 31, 2019 5:34 AM

Jul 2015
Insanely good conclusion to this match, holy damn that was one of the hypest moments in Pokemon, all of my praise towards the studio.
Nov 4, 2019 2:51 PM

Nov 2017
The end of the fight between Ash and Dr. Kukui is AMAZING! Pikachu who makes Kamehameha! xD

Ash is definitely the best champion of the Alola League!
Feb 9, 2020 1:55 AM

Sep 2016
After the genkidama in ep 90, the double kamehameha was a must, xD
bruh
Jun 23, 2020 9:18 PM
Aug 2017
After years man finally. Ash and pikachu deserved that win, idk how alolan trainers compare to Ash’s other battles damn that was a light show
May 5, 2021 1:14 PM

Dec 2007
that's how pokemon should be! the animation, the OST, the battles.

i cringed a little when ash got the 10,000 thunderbolts z-crystal, but it was still amazing.

too bad they had ash OP and win in SM, unlike in XY....
Jun 11, 2021 6:39 PM

Jul 2013
Easily one of the best battles I have seen in Pokemon. The animation was absolutely crazy and I had chills especially at the end. It's still unreal to think that Ash after such a long journey finally won a league.

Sep 9, 2021 5:32 AM

Sep 2018
What a sick battle, the sakuga in this episode was amazing. Definitely a top three battle

The last two episodes will be dedicated to Lillie's and Gladio's father and Magearna obviously....
Jan 23, 2022 9:39 PM

Aug 2017
man, that was awesome, we even got to see a guardian z-move and the animation in this episode was top-notch. i didn't at all expect that ash will win this, two surprises for me, ash winning the league and the exhibition matches(tho I wonder what is kukui's 6th pokemon). this really seems like a goodbye to ash. i really really wish that we can see him again, maybe this time he would be 15 years old lol that would be great.
Jan 9, 3:30 AM

Feb 2020

The most powerful denki nezumi of all!

Now there are only 2 more episodes left to finish Alola...
Feb 20, 5:44 AM
Oct 2017
This definitely feels like a celebration of the Pokémon anime as a whole and the climax of the SM series. Maybe this battle will change the minds of some of those who thought Ash didn't earn his league win. Animation staff was at the top of their game in this episode and really makes one think what could be achieved if the studio was allowed a break between seasons instead of having to put out new episodes almost every week without fail.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kensai-Serazu - Nov 17, 2016

105 by crackingfeetlol »»
Mar 29, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 146 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ri22rk - Nov 3, 2019

52 by leanrv »»
Feb 22, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 143 Discussion

Ri22rk - Oct 13, 2019

18 by leanrv »»
Feb 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 139 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Crzykido - Sep 15, 2019

58 by leanrv »»
Feb 7, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 133 Discussion

dannymilk - Aug 4, 2019

17 by leanrv »»
Jan 23, 5:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.