Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 14, 2019 3:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They're really gathering pretty much everyoen for the final battles. Fairy Tail, Sabertooth, Dragon Slayers, the cats, etc.

Lucy also looks more determined than ever. It seems they're aiming for Acnologia to be the final boss of this arc, which kinda makes sense with all of its history and actions. Only 2 more episodes left!
Sep 14, 2019 4:22 PM

Jul 2017
Meh, I guess not much was added to Acnologia's backstory, I was expecting a bit more. From the looks of it all this final fight will follow through with the manga ugh...

Sep 14, 2019 5:08 PM

Nov 2016
Additional anime original backstory for Acnologia was meh.

The rest of the episode ok. Fairy Tail is at it's best when everyone is working together.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 14, 2019 5:15 PM

Apr 2013
2 more episoides left, feels like this episode could introduce more actual content instead of dragging the same thing.
but the past of the Doctor and Acnologia was nice touch to introduce, I guess they will introduce the rest of his past by his defeat probably.
Sep 14, 2019 6:44 PM

Jan 2009
lol the filler backstory of Acnologia was so bad

and yep Acnologia just wants to destroy everything that is all

Acnologia is about individualism to antisocial while Fairy Tail is about collectivism or being social more

he is just following his instinct

Sep 14, 2019 6:49 PM

Jul 2017
What was the purpose of the backstory of Acnologia? I didn't get that at all.. and it seemed really poor to me, i was hoping that they could develop it more, but nah, it felt really superficial.

I kinda liked this episode tho. It seems the FT members are about to unleash Fairy Sphere once again... or so they were. Acnologia is a beast, he wrecked all of those boats like a dragon champ. Way to go boi. But we all know how it will end, the DragonSlayers will find out something, a last resort, that will defeat Acnologia and then, the world is saved: The End (we will see if it really goes like that, but i am like 95% it will follow that pattern)

Well, can't say i'm disliking this season, but it sure is predictable. It's cool entertainment to pass the time.
WaterLordSep 14, 2019 6:55 PM
Sep 14, 2019 8:36 PM

Oct 2015
I'm saddened by the fact that a little girl such as Wendy has to fight Acnologia, who's a monster by the way, it goes to show they are really desperate! I'm disappointed by those guys for letting her fight, especially salamander.

Lucy's plan in shambles, what a damn shame.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 14, 2019 8:56 PM
Jul 2018
It's not much to hope for, but I hope they really put all their effort into the animation and art for next episode, as we know the story and plot will not be the greatest. Additionally, to make up for the lackluster art and animation of previous fights.
Sep 14, 2019 8:57 PM

Jul 2015
I saw this episode because of Acnologia's backstory being included and Franky I am not that satisfied with it,i expected much more.

Sep 14, 2019 9:07 PM

Apr 2014
seems like with that back story they was just dragging things out which is annoying... as that back story was just stupid...

with only 2 eps left hopefully it'll turn out good here's hoping
"one step at a time"
Sep 14, 2019 10:17 PM

Jun 2019
Why the hell ACNOLOGIA is so OP?
Sep 14, 2019 10:46 PM

Dec 2015
Finally, seemingly for the first time this season some sensible solutions other than "by the power of friendship" and arbitrary power leveling have been introduced. Lucy's solution to get Acnologia motion sick and then lock him up with that spell while they wait for the dragon slayers is a risky move but it's at least logical. This show needs more of this kind of development. Friendship is fine as a motivator to keep fighting and stuff, but when it's literally the only explanation and the deus ex machina as to why a severely outmatched hothead like Natsu could suddenly overpower the most powerful wizard in history who ALSO just acquired unlimited magic, it's incredibly stupid. This episode, while lackluster in its animation and fight sequences per usual, was actually pretty good. Although my bar for this show has been set pretty low as of late so maybe I'm just relieved they didn't solve all of this with friendship (but I'm not holding my breath they won't do just that in the last few episodes).
Sep 14, 2019 11:10 PM

May 2013
I'm pretty satisfied by the bit of Acnolo-- I mean Doctor's past.
Because I finally have my confirmation that "Acnologia" was not his real name.

The suffix "-logia" is worn by real dragons only, like Vicelogia.
So I had a theory that Doctor (we can now call him like this, until his actual name is revealed one day) was a relative, friend or the pupil of a dragon called Acnologia, and this dragon died so Doctor took his name.
Just like Irene took Belserion's name.

Edit:
Also, "logia" is Greek for "-logy" used in research names, like biotechnology, technology, ophthalmology, bacteriology, etc etc etc etc etc...
So the fact that he is nicknamed "Doctor" is quite amusing actually.
DlynKSep 14, 2019 11:16 PM
Sep 14, 2019 11:32 PM

Jul 2012
Oh wow, to think I had hopes for an expanded Acnologia background for a second. They made it even worse than the manga by dragging it down while equally lacking in substance. Why?

Hylianticipated said:
Finally, seemingly for the first time this season some sensible solutions other than "by the power of friendship" and arbitrary power leveling have been introduced.

Well, about that...
Sep 14, 2019 11:34 PM

Oct 2017
Man Acnologia sure is opaf, they can't even do the slightest damage to him. Also rip so much for the plan, all the ships r now destroyed.
Sep 15, 2019 12:00 AM
Jul 2018
That was Epicness!!!!!!
Awesome episode!
Sep 15, 2019 12:10 AM
Jul 2018
Hylianticipated said:
Finally, seemingly for the first time this season some sensible solutions other than "by the power of friendship" and arbitrary power leveling have been introduced. Lucy's solution to get Acnologia motion sick and then lock him up with that spell while they wait for the dragon slayers is a risky move but it's at least logical. This show needs more of this kind of development. Friendship is fine as a motivator to keep fighting and stuff, but when it's literally the only explanation and the deus ex machina as to why a severely outmatched hothead like Natsu could suddenly overpower the most powerful wizard in history who ALSO just acquired unlimited magic, it's incredibly stupid. This episode, while lackluster in its animation and fight sequences per usual, was actually pretty good. Although my bar for this show has been set pretty low as of late so maybe I'm just relieved they didn't solve all of this with friendship (but I'm not holding my breath they won't do just that in the last few episodes).

Natsu vs Jacob
Natsu vs Bakel
Natsu vs Zeref part 1
Natsu vs Zeref part 2 was the tenrou tree powers ( Not PoF) Watch Hades fight again ( Plus as a result Natsu got his arm burnt as a consequence for using too much Fire)
Natsu vs Neinhart
Erza & Bisca vs Ajeel
Erza & Jellal vs Neinhart

Lucy vs Brandish
Wendy & Shelia vs Dimaria

Mirajane vs Irene's Swords
Mirajane vs Jacob

Jelal vs Human Acnologia
Jellal vs Dragon Acnologia
Sting vs Larcade
Gajeel vs Bloodman

Gildarts vs August

Those are NOT Power of Friendship wins so what you said is not true at all
You need to rewatch the fights , instead of ( Skipping ) around

This episode was very good and remember Hiro said FT is not supposedly to be taken seriously
removed-userSep 15, 2019 12:28 AM
Sep 15, 2019 12:18 AM
Jul 2018
FMmatron said:
Additional anime original backstory for Acnologia was meh.

The rest of the episode ok. Fairy Tail is at it's best when everyone is working together.

Some fights was logcial not all of FT was bad
Hiro rushed this last half in manga because of Edens Zero
Anime is doing a good job making it slower compared to the manga
I liked Acnoloigia's backstory bit
removed-userSep 15, 2019 12:23 AM
Sep 15, 2019 2:08 AM

Oct 2015
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

That is obvious, it's extremely rushed, but it's so weird that the "100 years quest" manga exists, which is the sequel of Fairy Tail. I think he should have wrapped this manga up properly. Rushing this one, because of not being passionate about his own manga anymore would be okay, but then why the hell is there a sequel (even if he only writes the story, not the art, as far as I know)? It's nonsense!

--

This episode was okayish. I was starting to get excited that we learn the backstory of Acnologia, unlike in the manga, but that tiny bit of detail is just ridiculous. That is pathetic!
Yet again, they added those silhouettes instead of drawing the characters. It wouldn't annoy me had the previous seasons also had them, but it seems to be exclusive to this last season. The last season, when they should be trying their best to have a proper last season in many aspects.
Sep 15, 2019 2:26 AM

Aug 2013
Slim_Lamie said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

That is obvious, it's extremely rushed, but it's so weird that the "100 years quest" manga exists, which is the sequel of Fairy Tail. I think he should have wrapped this manga up properly. Rushing this one, because of not being passionate about his own manga anymore would be okay, but then why the hell is there a sequel (even if he only writes the story, not the art, as far as I know)? It's nonsense!

--

This episode was okayish. I was starting to get excited that we learn the backstory of Acnologia, unlike in the manga, but that tiny bit of detail is just ridiculous. That is pathetic!
Yet again, they added those silhouettes instead of drawing the characters. It wouldn't annoy me had the previous seasons also had them, but it seems to be exclusive to this last season. The last season, when they should be trying their best to have a proper last season in many aspects.

We all know that within the next year or so, either Edens Zero or Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest will get an anime adaptation. If the latter happens, then FT will just become a continuation meme like the Naruto franchise.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 15, 2019 3:08 AM
Jul 2018
I don't know how fairy tail final series has a better Score than fire force,This season is terrible the animation sucks the fights are lazy and Bland ,no One dies just because and they win the powerful enemies out of nowhere sad
Sep 15, 2019 3:36 AM

Feb 2014
fairy tail hasnt been perfect and its felt dragged out for a while so im glad it is coming to an end but heck ill still be sad asf
Sep 15, 2019 4:10 AM

May 2015
GO power of frienship..blah, blah, blah...
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 15, 2019 4:22 AM

Mar 2018
The atmosphere is epic as hell

The Dragon Slayer Battle really seems pointless.. Guess they'll win through some bonds as always

Honestly didn't expect the book for Fairy Sphere to be in some (Fairy Tail's) Library ngl. Like.. Not even hidden or something but just there

Lyon still hasn't given up on Juvia huh

I wanted to see more of Acnologia's past. Probably more next episode but I'm thrilled to see what his past looks like

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 15, 2019 4:47 AM

Aug 2013
Acnologia is too strong. He easily handled the Natsu and the rest like it was nothing.

Hope we get to see more of Acnologia's past.

Sep 15, 2019 4:51 AM

Dec 2016
Doctor Acno backstory not good😂

Anyway the fight is fun between team dragon slayers vs Acnologia
Sep 15, 2019 4:59 AM

Feb 2013
They need another plan now.
Sep 15, 2019 5:03 AM

Apr 2013
That Acnologia "backstory" just... didn't explain anything at all. Also I had hopes that the animation would improve in the last few episodes :<
Sep 15, 2019 7:15 AM

Jul 2013
I was excited to know Acnologia's backstory... but it was way too short and didn't explained much either (other than Acnologia is not his true name and that he was a doctor). It felt more as a way to made the episode longer than to give some explanation of his origins and why he became a crazy bastard (other than the weak explanation we got in the manga). Honestly, I would have prefered the series to have 52 episodes so it could dedicate an episode to this than what we got.

We are in the endgame now, let's pray for good animation for the final fight.
Sep 15, 2019 7:46 AM

Feb 2016
Just end this anime already ffs. Gonna miss the op and ed tho
Sep 15, 2019 11:30 AM
Oct 2018
What the name of the trak in 18 : 15 ?
Sep 15, 2019 12:32 PM
Sep 2019
does anyone knows the mane of the OSTs that started sounding at min 16:45 ownwards?, that OST was amazing, in my opinion the best of the entire show, so i really want to know the name of it,or if it has already been released, thanx
Sep 15, 2019 1:24 PM

Apr 2016
So they've added some background scenes to Acnologia, in fact I didn't remember them in the manga. Nothing special but it’s something that can be appreciate. Two episodes left.
Sep 15, 2019 6:39 PM
Mar 2015
The backstory of Acnoloiga was the best part I would have liked to see how thee Doctor merged with Acnolgia not how overpowered he is and how we have to beat him with power of friendship
Sep 16, 2019 12:08 PM

Mar 2017
I really think the pacing of this season has been bad... i mean there are only 2 more episodes left and yet this was an episode where NOTHING happened. It feels like they're really gonna rush the ending in the next couple of eps which is not how this brilliant anime should finish!
Sep 17, 2019 12:25 AM

Dec 2015
Danpmss said:
Oh wow, to think I had hopes for an expanded Acnologia background for a second. They made it even worse than the manga by dragging it down while equally lacking in substance. Why?

Hylianticipated said:
Finally, seemingly for the first time this season some sensible solutions other than "by the power of friendship" and arbitrary power leveling have been introduced.

Well, about that...

Yeah I figured as much based on the situation the dragon slayers are currently in.
Sep 17, 2019 3:42 AM
Nov 2016
So why is Natsu's right hand fully healed just in this one scene? -.-

Sep 20, 2019 10:06 PM
Jul 2018
npcvillager said:

An Error, just wait for an BD,Dvd release and they will fix it Just as
FT 2014 and original FT
Sep 21, 2019 11:05 AM
Nov 2016
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

FT 2014 and original FT

Thanks for letting me know. Though I don't like this last season that much so probably I won't see it.
Sep 21, 2019 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
npcvillager said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

FT 2014 and original FT

Thanks for letting me know. Though I don't like this last season that much so probably I won't see it.

You're welcome, It's A-1 Studios fault for doing that Still images are no good
They better not pick up the sequel manga Any other studio will do just fine
Sep 21, 2019 12:57 PM
Nov 2016
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

You're welcome, It's A-1 Studios fault for doing that Still images are no good
They better not pick up the sequel manga Any other studio will do just fine

Agreed, I don't even know where should I start to criticize. But for years I've been watching FT so I'm putting up with it.
Sep 22, 2019 2:08 AM

Dec 2014
Acnologia...past...damn this series was something
Sep 23, 2019 5:04 PM

May 2014
Acnologia is one clever m********. Interesting how they are going to take him down when he is full aware of his weakness. The little backstory of his past is just stupid. Hard to justify his action with such pity past so late in the game. Would be better if Hiro didn't do that and depicted him as a crazy maniac that craved for power.

I can imagine the Dragon Slayers are going to combine their powers, where Natsu will probably be the one to yield it, and strike Acnologia's spirit with that. Only 2 ep. left guys!
Sep 23, 2019 5:17 PM

May 2014
npcvillager said:

06:38, HorribleSubs release if anyone is interested to see their fail in the ep. :P
Sep 23, 2019 5:31 PM

May 2014
AmeliaNeston2003 said:
Hylianticipated said:

Natsu vs Jacob
Natsu vs Bakel
Natsu vs Zeref part 1
Natsu vs Zeref part 2 was the tenrou tree powers ( Not PoF) Watch Hades fight again ( Plus as a result Natsu got his arm burnt as a consequence for using too much Fire)
Natsu vs Neinhart
Erza & Bisca vs Ajeel

Lucy vs Brandish

Mirajane vs Jacob

Jelal vs Human Acnologia
Sting vs Larcade
Gajeel vs Bloodman

Gildarts vs August

This episode was very good and remember Hiro said FT is not supposedly to be taken seriously

I have watched all the fights you mentioned above, and it's I found it strange that you can claim Erza's fights in this arc isn't relied on nakama power. As far as I can see she always gets her power boost through nakama power. Sorry to say, but she is the one who maybe had the worst character developement. I think since the Grad Magic tournament there is no new equipment armor used. Only the old ones and the only reason she won each time is through trust and the love of friendship. If you don't see that as nakama power, then I don't know.

I dunno how you can defend Natsu vs. Zeref's fight. He said himself he had limitless magic power, then how the hell did Natsu win. There weren't any saying that he got any power boost from Igneel, so I can't understand how he can be stronger. That's the problem with this series. In most of the fights we don't get a proper explanation for some of the character's power boost. The only explanation is their will to survive, their bond and mostly the power of their friendship.
mangalicker94Sep 23, 2019 6:21 PM
Sep 23, 2019 10:54 PM
Jul 2018
mangalicker94 said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

Natsu vs Jacob
Natsu vs Bakel
Natsu vs Zeref part 1
Natsu vs Neinhart
Erza & Bisca vs Ajeel

Lucy vs Brandish

Mirajane vs Jacob

Jelal vs Human Acnologia
Sting vs Larcade
Gajeel vs Bloodman

Gildarts vs August

I have watched all the fights you mentioned above, and it's I found it strange that you can claim Erza's fights in this arc isn't relied on nakama power. As far as I can see she always gets her power boost through nakama power. Sorry to say, but she is the one who maybe had the worst character developement. I think since the Grad Magic tournament there is no new equipment armor used. Only the old ones and the only reason she won each time is through trust and the love of friendship. If you don't see that as nakama power, then I don't know.

I dunno how you can defend Natsu vs. Zeref's fight. He said himself he had limitless magic power, then how the hell did Natsu win. There weren't any saying that he got any power boost from Igneel, so I can't understand how he can be stronger. That's the problem with this series. In most of the fights we don't get a proper explanation for some of the character's power boost. The only explanation is their will to survive, their bond and mostly the power of their friendship.

Well Natsu vs Zeref's part 2 was pretty much the tenrou tree powers that beat him
not defeat :P as Natsu left and he leaved that to Mavis to do the rest

That glow mark is the same glow mark he got in Hades fight when their magic was returning to FT members
Hiro wanted the viewers to figure it out instead of him giving explaination, that time it wasn't a power boost just help from the Tenrou tree itself

If that tree was destroyed there would had been 0% chance of victory for Natsu
in the Zeref's fight part 2 , and Hades

Well not all of Erza's fight was friendship wins
Erza & Bisca vs Ajeel was reasonable
and Neinhart was fine

But the other fights in pretimeskip Yep there was Power of Friendship in her fights except the very early arcs of Fairy Tail

Sep 27, 2019 9:24 PM

Aug 2017
Wait, no more Acnologia’s flashback? Too little too late.

And apparently Acnologia is not even his real name.

NurguburuSep 27, 2019 9:29 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 7, 2019 8:30 PM
Oct 2017
IM HYPEDDDDDD!!!!!! Im ready for the last 2 episodes. We will finally get to see the fight against Acnologia!I think that the animations and fight scenes of this episode was really good compared to the fights earlier in the season and hope it gets even better during the last 2 episodes!
My Candies:
Oct 9, 2019 11:44 PM

Dec 2012
About 400 years ago.
Is that... Suwagbe?
Acnologia was a doctor?
The dragons name is Acnologia?
Acnologia came back to destroy them.
Natsu and co.
Iku zo!
Cobra cant hear Acnologia's mind.
Lucy might know a way?
Fairy Sphere.
Hakai.
Laxus on the ground.
Lucy found the book.
The ships are destroyed.
Dat ending.

2 chapters. They didn't show a piece of Lucy's pantsu when she fell done inside the guild. Also, when she raised the book up high. Also, that Acnologia backstory is anime original.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 15, 2019 2:32 PM

May 2014
AmeliaNeston2003 said:
mangalicker94 said:

Well Natsu vs Zeref's part 2 was pretty much the tenrou tree powers that beat him
not defeat :P as Natsu left and he leaved that to Mavis to do the rest

That glow mark is the same glow mark he got in Hades fight when their magic was returning to FT members
Hiro wanted the viewers to figure it out instead of him giving explaination, that time it wasn't a power boost just help from the Tenrou tree itself

If that tree was destroyed there would had been 0% chance of victory for Natsu
in the Zeref's fight part 2 , and Hades

Well not all of Erza's fight was friendship wins
Erza & Bisca vs Ajeel was reasonable
and Neinhart was fine

But the other fights in pretimeskip Yep there was Power of Friendship in her fights except the very early arcs of Fairy Tail

Hard to remember that far back when I watch this weekly, but you may have a good point there. I also agree that this anime had quality in the first arcs. Amazing how an mangaka can ruin his story that bad. Usually it's the animation studio (ehm...ehm...Tokyo Ghoul:Re).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What is the reason for so much hatred for fairy tail series ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Jan 29

46 by Arminken »»
Yesterday, 12:30 AM

» Any theories ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 3

16 by MiraStraussFan99 »»
Mar 10, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

202 by amlg »»
Jan 25, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

60 by amlg »»
Jan 23, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2019

38 by amlg »»
Jan 23, 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.