Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2019 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Mikan girl is a weird one.

Yuko should get it together and not freak out so much this episode. Silly episode as usual.
Aug 29, 2019 11:24 AM

Jan 2013
I was worried with how Mikan would react to learning about Yuko but it went far better than expected. She's so kind & considerate. As always Shamiko is soooo adorable! Her voice actress is doing such a good job. Particularly loved the beginning & alley scene, so silly. It's sad to hear Magical Girls are using up their life-force of sorts, poor Momo. Wonder if there will be a way for Shamiko to build up and give Momo her magic since it doesn't seem like that's how the demon side's magic works.
Aug 29, 2019 11:27 AM

Jun 2017
Poor Mikan but we now know that magical girls can be cursed too. I wonder if they will manage to lift it at one point.
Aug 29, 2019 2:17 PM

Apr 2015
I didn't expect the new magic girl to be cursed, it's quite funny though. Seems Mikan is actually pretty alright with Yuko being a Demon Girl. I like her. Great addition to the cast.

Also can't get enough of how embarrassed Yuko gets by transforming, that's just too funny! Great episode per usual.
Aug 29, 2019 2:32 PM

Apr 2013
Another day, another Magical Girl and Shamiko manages to survive using her demonic charm, good job

Poor Shamiko has accepted people calling her like that to the point it confuses her when people call her Yuko lol, it made her happy that another person besides her mom called her Yuko though

Momo uses her food as a threat now and it's effective lol
DelusionalUzumeAug 29, 2019 2:37 PM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Aug 29, 2019 3:04 PM

Nov 2016
Imagine getting a dark twist towards the end.

Anyways, another interesting episode. Lately those have been even better. The info dump, the character dynamic and comedy are soooo good.

And Shamikos outfit 🙈

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 29, 2019 4:09 PM

Oct 2007
Time for a "pound down" Shamiko. Just kidding. xD

Mikan actually rather nice. Casually give part of her costume for the half naked demon girl.

Aug 29, 2019 5:18 PM
Sep 2011
I'm loving this series, possibly my favorite of the season!
Aug 29, 2019 6:24 PM

Aug 2012
Noooo, don't change Shamiko's Crisis Management form!
Aug 29, 2019 8:06 PM

Nov 2009
I've been waiting for this episode since the anime was announced and it did not disappoint. We finally get back to more of the physical comedy gags that figured into the first couple chapters. If Shami- shadow mistress yuuko thought life was bullying her before, it's really going to start now.
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Aug 29, 2019 9:15 PM

Mar 2018
So Mikan is cursed.. Quite ironical I guess
Yuko is just too adorable xd that alley scene haha

A bit sad to hear about the dematerialization.. But thats probably a step to coexistence between them.

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 29, 2019 11:01 PM
Jan 2019
Poor Shamiko, now he has to deal with two magical girls, Momo and his training, and Mikan and his bad luck, hahaha.
It seemed a bit sad for me that the magic girls dematerialize if they consume a lot of magical power.
Anyway, a fun and purifying episode, as always 😁.
Aug 29, 2019 11:58 PM

Mar 2014
That truth about how Magical Girls dematerialize if they lose too much magic gave me Madoka flashbacks.

Really hope we get more info about how Mikan got that curse and it's not just played off as a gimmick forever.
Aug 30, 2019 3:38 AM

Jul 2017
Another day, and another Magical Girl, the cursed Mikan.

Man, Shamiko is getting roused by Mikan...luckily she doesn't get a pound down.

Wait Yuko...ISN'T YOUR NAME Shamiko!?

Looks like her curse isn't one to lament, one that affects her surroundings. No matter what good to tell her, it's not gonna work.

WAIT WHAT??? They dematerialize? Ooh that's interesting, given Momo's constant use of power that drains her lifeblood more as she uses it. And so I say, don't give up Shamiko!

Shamiko's Crisis Management form is just when she's on a deadlock...what a great secret.
Aug 30, 2019 4:15 AM

Oct 2007
Ancestor being devoured by a snake is hilarious. :p

The cursed Mikan.. well, Momo surely is kind to tolerate being hit with the curse most of the time. Now Shamiko has to live with the curse too, since Mikan would probably be around her for the next episodes.
Aug 30, 2019 5:14 AM

Nov 2013
"my name is Mikan and i'm the one eating a mikan in the opening" LOLOL
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 30, 2019 12:52 PM

Nov 2013
Not a fan of the VA for Mikan, but other than that great episode!
Also, let's hope nothing bad happens to Momo :(
Aug 30, 2019 2:12 PM

May 2015
Great episode of Shamiko X Momo. Its funny how they just low key add a really serious element into the series like its nothing.

I love how Shamiko is getting closer and closer with Momo. Gimme that yuri goodness!
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 30, 2019 5:49 PM

May 2018
Man I really love this show, it never fails to cheer me up!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Aug 30, 2019 11:00 PM

Jun 2019
Not only Dark clan, but Light clan like Mikan is also cursed. Ahahahaha. But the curse affects for her surrounding, not to her. What a funny premise. Ahahaha.

This is the first time I see Momo with her badluck. So funny. Ahahaha.

Is the Shamiko's next mission is deleting Mikan's badluck curse? Can't waiting for next 4 episodes. Yeah.
Aug 31, 2019 6:50 PM

Nov 2009
LOL, "Pound down"

Just be sure not to say that to a male, or you will REALLY get a "Pound down"

___ ___ ___

Maybe I'll buy a Shamiko (aka Yuko) Doll and Punch her for fun.

___ ___ ___

And yea, I like Yuko normal battle outfit, it's not perverted at all (it's normal for succubus, in fact, it's covering TOO much for a succubus...)

amlgAug 31, 2019 7:08 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Sep 1, 2019 12:45 AM

Apr 2015
Mikan brought some excitement and dynamic into a show that was slowly getting a bit stale, good episode.

But unfortunately Mikan's voice acting is a little torrid.
Sep 2, 2019 11:57 PM

Oct 2017
Wow this got a lot more funnier after Mikan appeared. This episode was hilarious.
Sep 5, 2019 2:23 AM
Jan 2018
lol this episode was funny with mikan , don't see anything wrong with her VA

Shamiko and momo interactions are funny as usual especially near the end where they where trying to get Shamiko to activate her outfit
Sep 5, 2019 5:19 AM

Mar 2009
Mikan sure is cute. Nice addition to the cast.
Sep 30, 2019 9:07 AM

Aug 2018
Well.. It seems that this new girl is polite..
I'm not a fan of how magical girls don't tell literally anything about them.. .. But it seems that Mikan is more open, and actually tells things.. Momo is more secretive..
Hm.. It actually is interesting.. Mikan might be tsundere, because curse activates, when she's emotional, so that's why she doesn't like to be so, and is a tsundere.. She is kind of justified tsundere..
I think Yuuko is able to talk back in devilish way more lately.. I like that she became more smart in this way, not letting be bullied all the time.. Delightfully devilish.. ;p
Would Yuuko's transformed design like this really be bad?.. I wonder, if police could arrest you for this.. Or saying that it's cosplay would be enough?..
Also, it seems, that maybe being more demonic can be better for Yuuko.. I'm talking especially about these devilish things she can say back.. I think it gives her more confidence to be demon like..
And.. Actually yes.. I mean.. She even transforms with words that it's a form to overcome difficulties.. So Yuuko needs her demonic side, I feel, really..
Nov 19, 2019 5:40 PM

Jan 2011
Mikan eat mikan. Her design is so fresh
HyoroemonNov 19, 2019 5:48 PM
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Feb 16, 2020 2:36 PM

Nov 2013
Another peculiar magical girl. Fortunately, she's a friendly one.

The trio made for some genuinely funny moments. Momo is serious about mascots.

If Mikan's curse was caused by a demon, I wonder if Yuko can lift it.

It took a turn for the dark at the end.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Sep 2, 2020 8:20 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Mikan surely gave their banters more colorful theme of conversation than before. She just transfer to their school like nothing happened before. Lol. Great. Now, beside Shamiko struggle to became a better demon girl, everyone just needed to find a way to cure Mikan's cursed of anxiety. It sounds risky. But, here i am that thought everything just ended normally.

More information added to my mind about Momo. She could vanished if her magic instantly gone. How sweetness with my beloved demon girl there, that she became more worried than before. Soon or later, without her even realised, their relationship became more closer and closer than they could anticipated. How cute! Ganbatte, Shamiko!

Also, i just love how embarassed Shamiko's face with her crisis form. She always did that, eventhough she couldn't do anything to prevent the outcome. Its surely sexy, hot, and full of temptation. The clumpsiness of her just made her aware with her current condition and her surrounding, and, yeah, she needed to change her hot costume. Please, no, Shamisen, don't! That explanations part at the end, tho. Surely its just so useless that the narrator need to told it in a clear state. Lmao. Full of a good comedy, and ofc its more hilarious than i can expect.
badabassSep 2, 2020 8:25 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 26, 2021 10:16 AM

Feb 2020
Mikan's design was beautiful. Fortunately she's a kindhearted magical girl. :)

SerafosDec 23, 2023 3:46 AM
May 30, 2022 6:49 PM

Jan 2019
I know romance isn't one of the genres for this show... but are we sure it's not?
Aug 4, 2022 1:07 PM

Nov 2013
I bet Yuuko will give her power/blood to Momo to save her at one point.
Mar 28, 2023 7:42 PM

Mar 2022
Milan has arrived and she’s a surprisingly nice one when it comes to magical girls but unfortunately she’s also cursed it did make her scenes hilarious. Yuko not being happy about her Crisis Management form is also funny. I did think Mikan would be opposed to the idea of Momo being friends with Yuko cuz well she’s a demon but she seems to be a-okay with that on the whole.
Dec 16, 2023 5:51 PM

Nov 2023
Oof, the magic girl is cursed!?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2019

95 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:52 PM

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2019

38 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:52 PM

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

33 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2019

36 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2019

35 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.