Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2019 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tons of action this episode. They're really giving Elfnein the spotlight to show off her abilities. I'm actually quite impressed.

Tsubasa and Hibiki kicking some ass along with Maria, Chris, etc as well. What an episode!
Aug 24, 2019 9:37 AM

Dec 2011
Carols back
New song
Jam
Docking
sick fights
Mikugear henshin
Mikugear

Holy shit symphogear you're not letting up are you?

Unbelievably hype episode/5
Aug 24, 2019 11:37 AM

Oct 2014
Calling it Now. Mikugear is so strong she'll curbstomp the x drives without even trying.
Aug 24, 2019 11:42 AM

May 2018
Mikugear is back. So hype for episode 9.
Aug 24, 2019 12:07 PM
Jun 2016
So Miku's new gear is shemha but the background is shenshou jing ?????
Aug 24, 2019 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
So, Kazanari Fudou is doing all this shit to obtain a God's power just because of Hibiki? Holy fucking shit, he just set a new low for villains with shit aspirations / objectives.

Dorakero said:

Yeah, I also got confused by that. Doesn't make much sense since the Senshou Jing was destroyed, they should've made a new gear to represent Shem Ha.
Aug 24, 2019 12:41 PM

Nov 2009
JustAnAnimeList said:
So, Kazanari Fudou is doing all this shit to obtain a God's power just because of Hibiki? Holy fucking shit, he just set a new low for villains with shit aspirations / objectives.

Dorakero said:

Yeah, I also got confused by that. Doesn't make much sense since the Senshou Jing was destroyed, they should've made a new gear to represent Shem Ha.

Shem Ha is on her right arm before and after the transformation so what she is wearing is probably "Senshou Jing" not Shem Ha.

As you can see many times, the god being can regenerate by "sacrificing one version of itself in a parallel universe" so bringing back "Senshou Jing" which was once used by Miku body should be easy for them.

Aug 24, 2019 12:56 PM
Aug 2019
well, as we all know, the easiest way to snap a symphogear out of excistance is the light of Senshou Jing(as they demonstrated that quite clearly in s2), so I can kinda see how Miku just gonna b..chslap them down, amalgam and x-drive and everything else they has in store atm
Aug 24, 2019 1:05 PM
Mar 2013
JustAnAnimeList said:

The subtitles were a little off on that scene. It wasn't supposed to say hibiki herself was a threat, but she would become one to him if fudou were to obtain god's power. So what fudou meant was that not only he was about to obtain the power, but also a countermeasure against hibiki, which is miku being the host

Nevertheless, full hype on shem-ha transformation scene. Lasting song long intro version made the scene even better
Aug 24, 2019 1:06 PM

Apr 2009
Mikugear 2.0, it was about time.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 24, 2019 1:35 PM

Apr 2012
Not like this... NOT LIKE THIS!!!

I guess Fudo must have worked a Shenshoujing fragment into the mix at some point - he would need it's brainwashing capacity to control Shem-ha after all. Without that added in, Shem-ha would have been a free agent.

Also looks like he must have poisoned the Red's blood supply, yet at the same time I can't quite buy the idea that their just going to keel over with 5 episodes left. I 'd certainly love if they could die that easily, without allowing them much ceremony or grave in it, but I doubt it.

THERE IS A FULLY REALIZED GOD ON THE FIELD, PEOPLE! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!! WE HAVE 5 FULL EPISODES OF THIS TO DEAL WITH!!!
Aug 24, 2019 1:45 PM

Oct 2018
FateHero said:
Not like this... NOT LIKE THIS!!!

I guess Fudo must have worked a Shenshoujing fragment into the mix at some point - he would need it's brainwashing capacity to control Shem-ha after all. Without that added in, Shem-ha would have been a free agent.

Also looks like he must have poisoned the Red's blood supply, yet at the same time I can't quite buy the idea that their just going to keel over with 5 episodes left. I 'd certainly love if they could die that easily, without allowing them much ceremony or grave in it, but I doubt it.

THERE IS A FULLY REALIZED GOD ON THE FIELD, PEOPLE! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!! WE HAVE 5 FULL EPISODES OF THIS TO DEAL WITH!!!
i think that the disease noble red got through the blood is the same disease Nastassja (from season2) had.
Aug 24, 2019 1:57 PM

May 2015
Not much to say about this episode to be honest. Pretty good episode overall.

Obviously the best part of the episode was Miku. She's FINALLY got a gear back and has power. That transformation might be my favourite in the series its was pretty cool. Miku's eyes were also really cool just in general she has the best looking character now with the Shen ha. Cant wait to see what happens and whether we're going to get another Hibiki vs Miku.

Now I'm really interested in Hibiki's paranoia of Miku leaving her I really hope they use this to spark how much Hibiki loves Miku and how much she needs her. They genuinely seem to be building up for a big confession at the end with their relationship being tested and developed.

So they talked about something about Miku being a vessel but the power taking Miku in. Not sure what this is going to entail so looking forward to see what they do. I'm glad Symphogear are doing something new and unique for the twist.

Also its now confirmed. Miku is a true goddess.

The rest of the episode was interesting since they're purposely putting all the things that would normally be at the end of a season like X-Drive and Swan Songs (also they've completely ditched the idea that SS are a last resort harmful move that sucks). I hope this means they're doing something amazing for the ending.

Also haha shit red are now alone and betrayed. Satisfying. Except they sadly remind us that they're "not evil" and are just doing this to get their bodies back. I hope Miku flattens them in the fight

Well my prediction is Hibiki is going to be too reluctant to fight Miku this time and get her ass kicked. I hope Miku takes Hibiki from song. Now THAT would be interesting.

Overall good episode of general Symphogear except the end. Looking forward to the next episode.

Goddess Miku FTW!!!!!!!
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 24, 2019 2:09 PM
Jul 2018
gabrielmdias said:
JustAnAnimeList said:

The subtitles were a little off on that scene. It wasn't supposed to say hibiki herself was a threat, but she would become one to him if fudou were to obtain god's power. So what fudou meant was that not only he was about to obtain the power, but also a countermeasure against hibiki, which is miku being the host

Nevertheless, full hype on shem-ha transformation scene. Lasting song long intro version made the scene even better

I see, that makes more sense. He's still a shit villain in my book though. His motivations basically come down to "gonna obtain a God's power to make Nippon great again!", which is weak sauce imho.
Aug 24, 2019 2:11 PM

Mar 2019
Whenever mikugear is involved, the hype increases exponentially
Aug 24, 2019 2:33 PM

Jul 2013
Well, I guess that explains why Noble Red were so pathetic, because the true menace of the season is supposed to be Shem-ha Miku (and Fudou, I guess).
I hope the next 5 episodes will have some nice fights.
Aug 24, 2019 3:01 PM

May 2011
Dorakero said:

Pieces of the Shenshoujin were placed around the gauntlet by Vanessa, 2 episodes ago, to contain the divine power. A schematic of the Shenshoujin is shown on her screen while she talks about it.

FateHero said:
he would need it's brainwashing capacity to control Shem-ha after all. Without that added in, Shem-ha would have been a free agent.

As far as I remember, the SSJ doesn't have brainwashing capacity, it was Ver's direct feedback system causing it in G. But it has anti-relic powers, Fudo most likely wants Gungnir to be destroyed.
He must have another way to seize control.
MizakoAug 24, 2019 3:19 PM
Aug 24, 2019 3:45 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
These transformations are sick.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 24, 2019 3:47 PM

May 2015
Well it had to be in here somewhere..."Dur da Bla...DATO?"

"We got her!"
"I can still hear her singing!" Yay for self-awareness!

"To deal with the threat posed by the god killer..." Fudo sees Hibiki as a threat? In other words, he just wants to ensure that absolutely no one is a threat to him...

Holy crap we're already getting into X-Drive!

Hehe, well I guess we can deduct that the power of a joined attack is determined by bust size...

Yep, I knew it! Protect Hibiki and let her get close!

"She's using the forbidden Amalgam!"
"This is an emergency! I'll make sure you get off with house arrest!" LOL!

HNNNGGGGGG!!!!! MIKU'S NEW TRANSFORMATION AND REDESIGN JUST WON SYMPHOGEAR! I guess you can say that this final scene is a throwback to Episode 9 of Symphogear G.

So Shem-ha took in Miku as her vessel. Miku's been saving Hibiki by calling her name several times throughout the series, but I doubt it's going to be that easy for Hibiki to do the same for Miku. This will definitely put Hibiki to the test. We don't know what will happen for these remaining episodes, but I can make two guesses: 1. Fudo's plan to control Shem-ha backfires on him leading to Shem-ha to unleash chaos all over resulting in Hibiki having to "kill God", or 2. Fudo succeeds in controlling Shem-ha somehow and uses her to force the Symphogears to surrender and/or destroy their relics to ensure that no one can possess the power to overthrow him. Noble Red looks like they're about to die due to Fudo "poisoning" their blood. We have yet to see Shem-ha fight, but I doubt that even Hibiki's Amalgam will not be enough to stop her. We're going to need some assistance from Carol...as soon as she recovers of course.
Aug 24, 2019 4:17 PM

Aug 2013
MOFO I CALLED THIS SHIT FROM THE FIRST EP! I knew Mikugear was gonna return and it was gonna come down to a possible Hibiki vs Miku fight. Bruh, the litness is too strong. And we still have 5 more eps to go? They are really trying to go all out for this final season.
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 24, 2019 4:44 PM

Oct 2014
JustAnAnimeList said:
gabrielmdias said:

I see, that makes more sense. He's still a shit villain in my book though. His motivations basically come down to "gonna obtain a God's power to make Nippon great again!", which is weak sauce imho.

Considering the rise of Nationalism in Real life, Fudou is rather fitting as a villain this series, especially since it's taken pot shots at the US government beforehand.

Also makes for a great fuck you to Shinzo Abe in the same vein as Masayoshi Shido from Persona 5.
Aug 24, 2019 5:01 PM

Mar 2016
I was not expecting the lit af new Miki transformation that early in the game, tbh.
Aug 24, 2019 5:06 PM

Mar 2016
AsuraDestructor said:
Calling it Now. Mikugear is so strong she'll curbstomp the x drives without even trying.

I'm calling it right now. The girls are all gonna go Saint Seiya God Cloth form before this season is over xD
Aug 24, 2019 5:32 PM
Dec 2018
Man I still can believe this, Miku new transformation took me surprise because even everyone was hoping to that Miku have again a Symphogear, for me it was impossible but still they do it.

Carol vs Noble Red was awesome and it's says "don't look down to Carol Malus Dienheim, the murderer of miracles".

Fudo is still a bastard even he took the time to "poisoning" their blood, well I guess that's gonna kill Millaarc, which is a character that I hate.

I can't wait for the next week and the release of the Final commander full version.
Aug 24, 2019 6:15 PM

Sep 2011
I really don't know what to say anymore. They're putting absolutely everything this series has build up into this final season. Seriously, this is unbelievable, an there's still 5 epiosdes left. This puts everything else to shame.
Aug 24, 2019 6:47 PM
Jun 2008
Y'know, it would be nice if Fudou goes outside, kick Carol's ass, and take the power of god by himself instead of sitting around at this office, waiting for the opportunity to take it?
Aug 24, 2019 7:06 PM

Jan 2011
ah shit we all knew it but here we are again dark miku god form as the final boss and it's only episode 8! what the hell is gonna happen for the rest of these episodes.
fucked up hibki gotta fight the wife
i'm so pumped
Aug 24, 2019 8:48 PM

Nov 2012
MIKUGEAR IS FUCKING BACK

https://streamable.com/1zowq

Satelight sure goes full throttle, pulling nothing back in this season, every episode is a treat to watch. Best season of Symphogear

Now,if they bring back Dr. Ver and TOP DAD once again in this season, it would be perfect.
Hoshino_MariaAug 24, 2019 8:54 PM
Aug 24, 2019 9:56 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
That Mikugear transformation. That Mikugear return. *mindisblown.jpg*

This season is really pulling out all the stops! Another fantastic cliffhanger at the end! Will the next episodes contain an epic fight against Shem-ha? The hype is real!! I just hope this season won't end with a sad ending because of that montage during the credits roll featuring Hibiki & Miku's friendship. I sense a death flag coming... But hopefully, I'm wrong!

Carol being tsundere was cute. <3
Aug 24, 2019 10:26 PM

Oct 2007
they're lucky, Carol did not decide to go back to being evil. Or maybe she has no more reason to be evil? Her help really important here.. first chasing away Noble Red, then tell the gear users the method to use the Chateau to power up their gears.

During second battle with Noble Red. I think Carol's singing added the phonic gain needed to activate Chateau?

Miku is controlled again. I wonder how Hibiki will solve this next ep? Can't wait for next week! :)
Aug 25, 2019 3:19 AM

Jan 2009
Aww I was hoping for Carol to really lay the smackdown on those three. Oh well atleast they learned the valuable lesson of not accepting things from creepy old men.

So what exactly was the shitty old mans plan again? 'cus I kinda doubt Shem-Ha is gonna take order from him

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Aug 25, 2019 3:29 AM

Oct 2007
Carol was going to chase them and probably try to finish them off. But Elfnein stopped Carol, because they got to save Miku first.

From what I understand. Evil grandpa is hoping that Shem-ha would get rid of Hibiki, because Hibiki "god killer" skill is a threat to him.
Aug 25, 2019 9:09 AM

Sep 2017
It's only fitting that Miku is the final boss. This is gonna be pretty sweet.
Aug 25, 2019 9:12 PM

Dec 2009
HOLY FUCK I DIDN'T EXPECT MIKUGEAR...

That transformation with the back light and the music transition... oh my fucking god that was the most beautiful thing this entire franchise has created.
I'm speechless.

I didn't expect to feel like a crazy fangirl over this series but damn it's pulling it out of me and not apologizing LOL!

Arigatou.
(wish streamable wasn't so brutal on video/audio quality)

I GOT A BIT HORNY WITH THE SCREENSHOTS, don't mind me...

imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/lan63W6

Some Mimori Tougou vibes... (made me have to go back ant rewatch all YuYuYu)

GenesisAriaAug 26, 2019 6:52 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Aug 25, 2019 9:49 PM

Oct 2008
well i guess no one can beat Carol in terms of one on one, except maybe the godslayer which is of course Hibiki Tachibana

Aug 28, 2019 5:33 AM
Nov 2015
I was thinking that the bad buys are planning to use Miku to break Hibiki's spirit so they can use shattered gaze on her to neutralize the threat of Gungnir, the one thing that could stop their plans. They introduced the concept at the beginning of the season and reminded us of it when Fudo used the effect against Tsubasa so I think it would make sense from a writing perspective that they're building up to it being something important at the end.
Aug 30, 2019 9:37 AM

May 2015
halomademeapc said:
I was thinking that the bad buys are planning to use Miku to break Hibiki's spirit so they can use shattered gaze on her to neutralize the threat of Gungnir, the one thing that could stop their plans. They introduced the concept at the beginning of the season and reminded us of it when Fudo used the effect against Tsubasa so I think it would make sense from a writing perspective that they're building up to it being something important at the end.

Now that would be an interesting plot twist. Then it could be Miku saving Hibiki instead of the other way round.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 11, 2021 6:56 AM

Feb 2020
Miku vs Hibiki. As I expected, she's going to be the last boss.

SerafosDec 28, 2023 8:07 AM
Jun 18, 2021 4:52 AM

Feb 2014
Lots of awesome action this episode!! Miku's transformation was really cool! I thought it would be cool to see her in action again but I'm sad she's an enemy...the credits for this one were sad :'( I hope they can get her back to normal!

I guess now that the beast girls have done everything Fudo needed them to do, he somehow poisoned them?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2022 1:19 AM

Jul 2017
They really foreshadowed it, but it's still crazy to see. Looks like we really will be entering a new era with goddess Miku lol. That henshin was just too sick! Can't believe we got X-Drives on top that this early in the game. This season is fucking wild!

Feb 4, 2022 2:39 PM

Feb 2015
I never get tired of hearing Swan/Superb songs... they are just so damn pleasing to the ears even though they are sad.

Enter Goddess Miku (great transformation)
Sep 17, 2023 1:19 PM

Nov 2010
Why the hell did Fudou betray those trio? He won't be able to win if those three sides with SONG, and even if they didn't, he would still lose extra firepower.
I love the scene of Chris & Maria's boobies combining. It looked so delicious to be sandwiched between those things!
Miku's transformation into Shem-ha gave me goosebumps! She's someone I would love to worship!
Dec 10, 2023 5:02 AM

Aug 2013
Holy cow. Peak animation.
This is what I call perfect animation. Zero compromises. No saving on details and no hideous 3d graphics. Those scenes in the air required such perfect coordination and spatial thinking that I don't even have the words to describe how perfectly it was portrayed. On top of that Final Commander in the background with Mizuki Nana's vocals.
rsc-plDec 10, 2023 6:12 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.

More topics from this board

» New Symphogear project announced

Monkiesmata - Nov 20, 2022

12 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 9, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

85 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2019

52 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2019

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 7:01 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2019

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 6:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.