Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2019 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, the fan service this episode made me laugh a bit.

Regardless, we got Yu-no showing more of her energetic personality. I have to admit, the episode kinda reminds me of a JRPG with the amount of fantasy adventure elements. Poor Yu-no got taken away :(
Aug 20, 2019 9:50 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
This is turning into one of those stories where everything that could possibly go wrong is going wrong
Aug 20, 2019 11:08 AM

Feb 2019
I'm not sure about Sayless's plan to kill herself. Seems it would have been more prudent to get them to let Takuya go first. How was she supposed to know that they wouldn't kill him anyway?

Why didn't they kill him anyway? It's not like it takes much time to go stab a guy who can't move. On top of that, they left one of their mounts there for him to use. Those soldiers were beyond incompetent.

Although, they somehow seemed to get across the desert in an instant and it took Takuya and Yu-no days, and they never got to the capital.

The emperor seems to recognize Takuya's name. The hair really screams woman to me, and I still think it could be Mitsuki or Ayumi. The emperor doesn't seem to have pointy ears. The emperor could be a puppet to the guy standing next to him/her too. The blond woman with the sword and mask could be Takuya's mother though.

I sure hope Kunkun comes back again, because it seems odd to introduce him just to ditch him in the next episode.
Aug 20, 2019 11:13 AM
Jan 2018
HOOfan_1 said:
Why didn't they kill him anyway? It's not like it takes much time to go stab a guy who can't move. On top of that, they left one of their mounts there for him to use. Those soldiers were beyond incompetent.

Although, they somehow seemed to get across the desert in an instant and it took Takuya and Yu-no days, and they never got to the capital.
It's the anime changing things again, breaking plot points while trying to "fix" others as usual. What I wrote on Reddit:
The behaviour of the soldiers is weird in the anime, leaving Takuya there like that with a steed when he's killed one of them and "stolen" a sacred item. Their benevolence in the game was still somewhat questionable but made more sense. Originally, there was no animal left for Takuya and Yu-no to use (they braved the desert without any extra help), Takuya hadn't committed any proven crimes in front of them (no killing a soldier and no illegal possession of sacred items - no reflector device at all in Dela Granto), and he wasn't declared wanted.

Another thing I just remembered was that they left Takuya unconscious and bleeding massively (to death they likely assumed) in the game.
LaukkuAug 20, 2019 11:18 AM
Aug 20, 2019 12:15 PM
Jun 2015
this episode actually try to prove "a scene from previous episode". just with that event i can guess what kind of ending i will get from this anime and in true end from vn. not only that, if you can guess at this episode you will know that every negative event since episode 1 until current episode like rap* scene, betr***l, su***de, bra** wa***ng etc have same value like fan service. if there is someone who want to know what scene i referred, you can see below text but of course the text is spoiler

Aug 20, 2019 12:35 PM

Oct 2012
Fuck this adaptation! Sayless didn't killed herself in the novel, those soldiers raped her and killed her! Why the hell the director of this nonsense thought he knows better than original author?

Also, he killed one of their own and they went easy on him? Just why? Why to show them as good guys when they were meant to be shown as utter trash? And Takuya just standing there threatening to kill them doing but nothing was even worse. And they also removed the reflector from him in the most stupid way (even though he already shouldn't have by now which make me wonder why they even introduced such useless plot device). Even worse, after four years living there he's still going by that anime-only story with saving Kanna (when in the reality his motivations were different). Whole scene literally made no sense.

The worst thing is they most likely did it to remove some implications later on. But by doing that they also removed some important story conflicts. And by showing all the scenes with emperor they are basically removing all the mystery. And it's obvious the emperor knows him by now.

I also don't get why the guards conveniently left him with their animal there. And they completely destroyed Sarah encounter too (even though they at least included some nudity in the oasis). Even the scene in the temple was very different, too many shortcuts in the anime and not really for the better.

I really didn't like the episode, it felt like they are trying to destroy all the impact by removing proper character developement.
Aug 20, 2019 12:41 PM
Jan 2018
Mich666 said:
Fuck this adaptation! Sayless didn't killed herself in the novel, those soldiers raped her and killed her! Why the hell the director of this nonsense thought he knows better than original author?
Yes she did, she bit off her tongue.
Aug 20, 2019 12:44 PM

May 2017
Mich666 said:

Laukku said:
Mich666 said:

Which was kinda confusing reading in the VN anyways, I didn't really understand how that worked.

This way of killing herself makes way more sense than what was in the VN.
Aug 20, 2019 1:26 PM

Oct 2012
Laukku said:
Mich666 said:

Really? I would swear they made her do that and that it was the act of despair (yeah, she tried to protect Takuya). But you are right, I just found the moment on youtube. Too bad they never mentioned that every priestess is able to divine the moment of their death, that was not made obvious here. It's true that when you bit off your tongue you'll bleed out pretty quickly though. But anyway, the way it all happened in the anime felt extremely cheap - the way that scene played out one would think there were several better outcomes for that situation.

Aug 20, 2019 11:26 PM

Jul 2017
Well that's an episode that's hard to glide by.

Being an anime-only, it's worse when I hear that the source material is botched in favour of the production staff's direction, but in some benefit of doubt it would have made sense.

So Takuya at this point of time, surviving without Sayless in the most unimaginable way possible, made even worse that the land's king/emperor wanted his/her hands on both him and Yu-No.

It's going to be a mammoth task ahead for Takuya, who realizes that the prisoners of the land are being worked on the quarry, that has what he's been looking for: the psychite for Kanna.

Only 6 episodes to go, what's the next step?
Aug 21, 2019 12:29 AM
Jan 2018
If the garbage rewrites were to be preserved, there's one additional adjustment that would've salvaged this: the soldiers leave Takuya only temporarily (to bury Sayless, bury their comrade, discuss what they're going to do to Takuya and/or pack their things) and he is saved by Yu-no (they don't know she exists) and Kun-kun in the brief time window while they're away. Although they would likely have one of them stay guarding him, in that case it could be possible for Yu-no and Kun-kun to either distract or sneak up on and incapacitate the one guarding him. Then they stay hidden until the soldiers are gone.

In fact, the soldiers did go bury Sayless in the game, and Takuya was distraught enough to dig her back up and bury her again himself.
LaukkuAug 21, 2019 12:44 AM
Aug 21, 2019 2:57 AM
Jun 2017
Ohh my takuya sure have some bad luck in this one as sayless commit suicide just to kept him safe and Yu-no have been taken by the imperial guards.

And now he is a prison. Lets see the next episode...
Aug 21, 2019 3:03 AM
Jul 2019
So you saying that it could've been better that she got rapped and got killed or bit her tounge and go away like that...what are you ppls why are you so obsessed with manga and Vn's do you really enjoy watching the same thing you already know what's the outcome gonna be...can you not digest a little different plot than it's existing version...Who are you ppls...In my entire life I never read manga nor Vn's not even once in order for me to not know what's going to happen next without having the manga or Vn's as spoilers...I am not gonna say anything just that don't watch anime anymore just stick to your freaking manga or Vn's if you adore it so much...well whatever the freak you all know is how to complain all the time...stop pretending like a little bitch who knows everything...I know how you little bitch go about all of this...daem story could've been better even if it's different from it's original source could've turned into really great adapted series but yeah they went cheap on it It really sucks but it's okay...I guess they paying low to the animators and what not the animators don't want to work anymore the worst thing possible so idk whoose fault it is...daem shit no one to be blame but take in as a saint of anime if you are one.
Aug 21, 2019 7:17 AM

Aug 2018
And another character dead : seems like there's a real tradition of 1 episode 1 death for this arc lol

Though blood will be spilled later on, there are still a lot things that should be coming real soon.
Aug 21, 2019 8:09 AM
Feb 2009
I got anxiety watching this episode why leave the reflector device out in the open for display and takuya trusting pretty much everyone he meets just shows he lost what little character development he got since episode 1 these plot device we're so weak that I had to turn my brain off after sayless killed herself.....
Aug 21, 2019 8:42 AM

Aug 2013
RIP Sayless.

Got to feel bad for Takuya in this episode. Sayless dies, he gets betrayed by Sarah and his Yu-No gets taken away.

Aug 21, 2019 1:39 PM
Aug 2013
Lets be real here, the real tragedy of this episode was that he didnt take Sarahs offer at the oasis.
Aug 21, 2019 2:39 PM

May 2017
Kirasaya said:
Lets be real here, the real tragedy of this episode was that he didnt take Sarahs offer at the oasis.

Oh, in the VN he definitely did, and right next to Yu-No even as she was sleeping ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 21, 2019 7:26 PM

Apr 2017
Sincerely, I loved the episode. I don't care if the original was much darker and whatnot, the previous 2 episodes already did very well into developing Takuya and Sayless to the point you actually care about them a little. And to have this tragic but at the same time "cute" episode instead of some edgy rapefest as you guys are complaining is truly the best choice they did. By the way, it's an anime adaptation, they do not have to follow exactly the original.
This episode was great and probably is the best episode in terms of characterization by far, if it keep it up this anime prob gonna get it's place on my favorites.

And also let's be fair, the score is only low on MAL because both the edgy players of the original and the snowflakes disliked. Because they toned it down, that I know, but it didn't tone it down enough for the snowflakes be able to watch and don't complain.
Aug 21, 2019 11:28 PM
Jan 2018
Jio_Inzagi said:
Sincerely, I loved the episode. I don't care if the original was much darker and whatnot, the previous 2 episodes already did very well into developing Takuya and Sayless to the point you actually care about them a little. And to have this tragic but at the same time "cute" episode instead of some edgy rapefest as you guys are complaining is truly the best choice they did. By the way, it's an anime adaptation, they do not have to follow exactly the original.
This episode was great and probably is the best episode in terms of characterization by far, if it keep it up this anime prob gonna get it's place on my favorites.

And also let's be fair, the score is only low on MAL because both the edgy players of the original and the snowflakes disliked. Because they toned it down, that I know, but it didn't tone it down enough for the snowflakes be able to watch and don't complain.
The issue isn't that it's less "edgy" than the original, it's that the logic of the plot is being broken. Anybody can tell that the soldiers acted in a way that makes little sense.
Aug 22, 2019 8:23 AM

Apr 2017
Laukku said:
Jio_Inzagi said:

The issue isn't that it's less "edgy" than the original, it's that the logic of the plot is being broken. Anybody can tell that the soldiers acted in a way that makes little sense.

That's a fair claim. In fact it made no sense for them to simply go away and leave him. But there are some cheap excuses that can be given:
. They wanted to contact the emperor quickly
. They left him roped in the middle of nowhere

The second one is a fair one, a roped guy alone(they do not know of Yu-no) wouldn't be able to do anything,
Aug 22, 2019 3:19 PM

May 2018
Seeing those imperial knights getting the reflector device makes me annoyed. Takuya seems really weak on this episode, and of course betrayal that I didn't know was coming. Sayless is dead, Yu-No got kidnapped, and Takuya getting imprisoned... Everything is going in a wrong way.

Aug 22, 2019 4:02 PM
Nov 2017
Sucks that we're having professional adaptation judges and no one actually talking about the anime and plot itself.
Aug 22, 2019 5:36 PM

May 2017
Ded5 said:
Sucks that we're having professional adaptation judges and no one actually talking about the anime and plot itself.

I think the anime and especially the plot itself is great for what it's worth!
Aug 23, 2019 7:01 AM

Dec 2013
Plot holes, plot holes everywhere.
Them Knights not killing him after capturing him? After he killed one of their comrades and apparently took their priestess away from them and stealing sacred imperial treasure?
At least drag his sorry ass to the capital to face trial in front of the rulers, no?

But nah, don't do any of that and let him off to get rescued by the daughter that they didn't know he had..... riiiiiight....

Seriously where the hell is this show going? And Takuya is dumb AF.

HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 23, 2019 7:05 PM
Jan 2019
Wow! But what a shocking episode. So many things happened in such a short time.
Sayless, we now know his name was Keyares! Why did he have to kill himself ?! It's a shame. She was so beautiful and kind. I would say that she lacked some emotion, but the truth is that I did feel sad when I saw Takuya crying for her. At least, Yu-couldn't cheer up his father with his pretty words.
What will happen to the little dragon?

Now, they took Yu-no and the reflector device. How much more will Takuya have to suffer ?, poor man. Damn Sarah! He betrayed them.
Seeing the giant pillar that causes lightning was a big surprise. Something tells me that Takuya will make a revolution with all the prisoners, hahaha.
I can't wait for the next episode.

Ps: If I think about it, Takuya is one of the characters that has suffered the most in anime 2019.
Aug 24, 2019 7:33 AM

May 2017
L-Ryoshi said:
Plot holes, plot holes everywhere.
Them Knights not killing him after capturing him? After he killed one of their comrades and apparently took their priestess away from them and stealing sacred imperial treasure?
At least drag his sorry ass to the capital to face trial in front of the rulers, no?

But nah, don't do any of that and let him off to get rescued by the daughter that they didn't know he had..... riiiiiight....

Seriously where the hell is this show going? And Takuya is dumb AF.

They had him tied up in ropes. They thought he was alone. They wanted to originally kill him because they were going to take Sayless away and wanted to make sure he wouldn't cause any problems going after them, but since she killed herself, they no longer needed to prevent him from saving her.

So they just left him there, figuring that he'd starve to death tied up on the ground, unable to move.

Remember, they had no idea that he had a daughter or a dragon that could bite the ropes off of him, lmao.
Aug 24, 2019 8:43 AM

Aug 2013
Mich666 said:
those soldiers raped her and killed her!

Did they really? I don't remember something like this. I remember being scared that they would actually do this, but I swear, I don't remember it.
Time to refresh my memory watching that scene on YT.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 24, 2019 3:11 PM

Oct 2012
rsc-pl said:
Did they really? I don't remember something like this. I remember being scared that they would actually do this, but I swear, I don't remember it.

They actually didn't (I had to check because my memory was fuzzy too) but if anything those soldiers were the reason why everything happened. My theory is that all the priestesses can actually see all the worldlines or divine the future if you will - all thanks to their bound - and are able to tell if their time is coming. Her situation was probably the same as with Mitsuki befor who was predestined to die everytime and also similiar to all those Ayumi's deaths in the anime before - so she chose the exact moment by herself by biting her tongue (to save Takuya too). She was the type that believed in "you can't change the fate" saying and she saw only one way out given what happened.

Still, what the anime did was pure nonesense - in the game she knew Takuya would start killing everyone just to save her which would lead to his death eventually so she tried to prevent that. And they also let him kill off one guard and still went easy on him in the anime (which was just bad writing, they had no reason to not kill him for what he had done - they were only reasonable in the game because he didn't kill anyone there). That's also why it was stupid to let him forget his reflector inside, as he would be able to do everything in his power to revert her death back as with other girls before. There was a reason why he didn't have it when he arrived in Dela Grante and by changing things they are creating mini-plotholes and changing key motivations. Originally, he went on journey to the capital to avenge the Sayless and kill The Emperor while in the anime he was still unrealistically thinking of Kanna instead... after all those four years (how long was he even with her... several days maybe?).

Also, in the anime they didn't really clearly explained how priestesses work (both Sayless and Yuno), we only god one ominous look on Sayless face as to hint she knew she won't be seeing each other again (that's also why Yu-No went to their bedroom the day before, to say goodbye, although her hunch was much more uncertain at that time.
Aug 24, 2019 9:00 PM

Oct 2008
wow! I salute Takuya because his objective still remains the same which is saving Kanna, cuz after all those years stuck with Sayless...even had a baby which is Yu-No...that was quite impressive.
Too bad Sayless had to go.
Looks like Takuya found something interesting and related to earth on that Prison at the Empire!...
4/5.

Aug 25, 2019 12:08 AM
Jan 2018
Mich666 said:
rsc-pl said:

They actually didn't (I had to check because my memory was fuzzy too) but if anything those soldiers were the reason why everything happened. My theory is that all the priestesses can actually see all the worldlines or divine the future if you will - all thanks to their bound - and are able to tell if their time is coming. Her situation was probably the same as with Mitsuki befor who was predestined to die everytime and also similiar to all those Ayumi's deaths in the anime before - so she chose the exact moment by herself by biting her tongue (to save Takuya too). She was the type that believed in "you can't change the fate" saying and she saw only one way out given what happened.
I also got the impression that she thought that being brought to the capital would've been a REALLY bad situation for her, seeing how she had escaped from there in the first place and was now a fallen priestess to boot.

Originally, he went on journey to the capital to avenge the Sayless and kill The Emperor while in the anime he was still unrealistically thinking of Kanna instead... after all those four years (how long was he even with her... several days maybe?).
A major reason why Takuya suddenly starting a family was so thematically powerful in the original was that he DIDN'T have a strong mission in Dela Granto. Much like Tomoya in Clannad, his prior existence was as an aimless delinquent, until he met a girl (Sayless/Nagisa) that was able to transform him and give him a higher purpose. Now that he has Kanna to think of in the anime, he looks more like an irresponsible bastard.
Aug 27, 2019 9:43 AM

Mar 2009
ycleped said:
Kirasaya said:

Oh, in the VN he definitely did, and right next to Yu-No even as she was sleeping ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

His wife just died and he's already screwing around with another girl!? This MC...lmao wtf.

This better not be the last of Kun Kun.
Aug 27, 2019 9:57 AM
Jan 2018
Mormegil said:
ycleped said:

His wife just died and he's already screwing around with another girl!? This MC...lmao wtf.
It was obviously a H-scene quota the creators were trying to fill. There's some rationalisation that can be done about it (she's a slut used to seducing imperial soldiers, was the one making the initiative and Takuya caved in because he was feeling guilty for how he handled her earlier) but it's a pretty bad scene, yeah, but not enough to outweigh the positive qualities of the rest of the story IMO as it is so brief. I cannot be sure but it was possibly written out of later releases (Sega Saturn port and remake).
Sep 2, 2019 2:03 PM

Apr 2016
How many things were happened in this and in the previous episode!? I was not expecting something like this.
Oct 19, 2019 12:11 AM

May 2010
Wtf is going on lol?Great he lost the Reflector Device.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 16, 2019 1:33 PM

Jul 2015
Wow he lost his wife, he lost his daughter, got betrayed by random elfgirl, and he is now captured into some kind of workcamp

I think when he escapes and meets the imperial king, he is gonna do a hell lot more than just ''punch'' him

Nov 26, 2019 7:39 AM

Dec 2014
they keep changing what the MC is like, sometimes he's strong, sometimes he's weak, like weak af, i'm not talking about strength here but just overall, most of the time rational, sometimes loses his shit because of things, yeah i guess its understandable why he lost his shit but when has things ever turned out well for him when he does?

the part where Yuno collapses in the desert and asks him if they're nearly there, reminded me of Clannad when Shio asked Tomoya the same question, ouch

the amount lockpicks Sarah shoved into the keyhole and it worked just like that, if only you could do that in Skyrim

yup thats what happens when you trust some random sloot you find in the wild
Dec 4, 2019 1:05 PM

Oct 2010
Got bored of it, I don't even remember the original plot, and what's with that alien bearded dude? I'm an anime only guy but I think even the vn won't satisfy me.
Aug 21, 2021 10:22 PM
Jul 2021
What a PATHETIC excuse for a "Man" they are trying to feel your wife's parts up, and you can't do SHIT! You've been fighting demons for YEARS, and you can't beat 4 guards? These last two episodes I've actually liked him more than ever, but wow. And then he loses the damn time tool too! Ugh, I seriously want to just skip to the (I'm sure unsatisfying)ending now that his wife is dead. Even though she somehow showed up and died near him in the other world. And yeah she's with Yu-No but his wife is gone, of course his dad gets to go back to find his aife but he gets nothing. No wonder this shos gets such terrible reviews. Seriously like there is ANY chance he could get it back inside of an imperial capital when he can't even beat 4 guards, how is he going to beat an Army of guards.
Aug 22, 2021 6:40 PM

Aug 2017
I feel bad for KunKun after this episode. I hope he can return somehow and please kill Sarah.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2019

83 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:59 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

88 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2019

246 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2019

137 by RepeaterSiroop »»
Feb 16, 12:25 PM

» About Hatano Kanna (Spoilers)

ginchan789 - Apr 10, 2019

42 by RyuuanLinke »»
Feb 7, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.